Divinity: Original Sin II

is it any good? thinking about getting the PS4 port.

Attached: dos2.jpg (800x1128, 393K)

I really wanted to like it, but I am burnt out after reaching the 2nd map (Driftwood).

How did this get such high reviews?

one of the rare games where there are very few pc mods and is perfect on it own

get it

meh, writing is cringe-worthy shit but the gameplay and soundtrack is pretty good I guess, not the best RPG I've ever played, very toned down imo but it was at least fun to play with friends

>Burnt out at Driftwood
>Being this shit at vidya

It got high reviews because its got a tight story, fun characters, good customization and rewards exploration heavily

Also the combat means if you not a brainlet (i.e (You)) most of the game can be conquered regardless of level

Attached: 1558496665082.jpg (960x758, 111K)

Seems like it could be good, but they didn't release it on linux so who knows?

Attached: 52160407.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

Because people don't actually have a taste for CRPGs. It functions as a CRPG, and has polish, so people glance over and say "wow this is pretty good. It's probably good for the entire game!" and in reality they have no actual standards within the genre. It's the same reason we see people who think The Witcher 3 is the greatest RPG of all time. I actually like OS2 but the praise it gets is very clearly from a group of people unfamiliar with the genre as a whole.

>linux

>everyone has bad taste but me
nigger then tells us what you think is good

Attached: file.png (500x500, 193K)

I want them to make more of the action RPG type of game desu. Dragon Knight Saga was really fun

The engine is one of the best cRPG engines I've seen. I've never been able to sneak around and pick off single enemies in any other game. Unfortunately it doesn't use it to it's full extent, and most battles are a slog.

To much of a slog. Then again I'm speaking of the first one that was to boring for me to even get through the tutorial. Reason being everything is needlessly slow. And that's coming from someone who played through enchanted arms.

I like jrpgs that have actual dialog and gameplay. In fact im moving to japan next month to write manga for a living but by all means enjoy your inferior entertainment.

If you have plenty of time to waste then go ahead and get it - it's great fun. I would recommend planning how you want to build your characters from the very beginning though and perhaps go on Fextra's wiki to see what type of builds suit your fancy.

It's really fun but a very long game.

I've played a shitload of RPGs and still thought OS2 was great. Cry more.

So what happens if you romance red prince and red princess dies?

you become red princess

This isn't me.

Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, Vampire: The Masquerade, KOTOR 2 with mods, Icewind Dale. I like OS2 though. My point is not that everyone is wrong. Just the near perfect scores it got are inflated due to ignorance.

I also think its great. Just not a 9/10. Read my post.

>Just the near perfect scores it got are inflated due to ignorance.
They're inflated because game reviewers never fucking finish a game or even come close so they just have Fort Joy and maybe a little bit after to go off of.

Right. Exactly what I said.
> It functions as a CRPG, and has polish, so people glance over and say "wow this is pretty good. It's probably good for the entire game!" and in reality they have no actual standards within the genre

The first OS was better.

It's a fun CRPG. Idk how it fares on consoles, but I really enjoyed it when it came out.

You know what user I'm gonna Thank you for not being a brain dead prick and explaining yourself like a normal dude. I wish there were more of you around this board.

We might not agree on vidya but God bless you for being less of a autismo than most of this place.

I played it with my brother. We both played custom hybrids and had Ifan and Red Prince with us. Needless to say, we had an absolute blast with it and it was my favorite game that year.

I think our experience was pretty unique though. You really need to play it with a close friend or sibling and you need to be willing to really have fun with the mechanics and get creative, and just not sweat the small stuff. I wish we had recorded some of our fights because we went from everyone in our party being on their last limb to winning the same battle several times and it felt incredible. The best part of the game was how wild some of the skills were; if you're good at tactical play and can line up moves well you can pull off some insane shit even if you're about to all kick the bucket, it's lovely.

Yes, but I’m fucking tired of the combat encounters ranging from absolutely unwinnable to bullshit.
>fight the void snake encounter with skeltels
>void vape snake starts smoking weed and teleporting into my party’s anus
>somehow survive all the curses and enemies
>lohse, red snake, and sebille all die except me
>just one more skelly mage
>Ooh, great idea, I’ll tether myself to him so if he damages me he’ll just take it back
>he somehow stuns me for three rounds while he unloads the most basic attacks while spamming frost armor which is fucking pointless because im a necromancer and would just melt him with phys attacks
This JUST happened to me I wanted to tear the fucking disk apart but I don’t have one cause it’s digital. I really like the fucking game but goddamn that encounter made me pull out my phone and look for an alternate way in.

>any fight in DOS2 being unwinable even on max difficulty/ironman

Any forethought/scouting/proper preparation makes most encounters irrelevant

Not to mention you can run away from every single fight mid combat and infinitley cheese

Attached: file.png (500x623, 371K)

>run away mid fight
Wot?
>scouting
Wot
Truth be told I have no clue what I’m doing most of the time. This game feels like Dragon’s Dogma in that you can do shit with items that will genuinely affect NPCs, like forging magic rings. In OS2’s case I just dropped the soul jars without even thinking about it until I found out you can get Source from them. All those trapped souls

I am playing it on 'classic' difficulty and have only died like twice. This turn based shit is so mundane that I am alt-tabbing almost every 5 minutes due to boredom. Blame your gay ass game.

>hey what do you think about game?
>well I played a different game also I didn't get through the tutorial so game is shit
nigger what

What happens when you take that cock out of your mouth?