STOP PIRATING VIDEO GAMES IT'S ILLEGAL AND IMMORAL...

>STOP PIRATING VIDEO GAMES IT'S ILLEGAL AND IMMORAL. DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT THE LIVELIHOOD OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE THE GAME?!

Attached: 1554677094801.jpg (785x731, 101K)

No MovieBlob, I want them dead!

le challenge accepted

Attached: 1557173415730.png (512x512, 38K)

But the devs already got paid... The studio on the other hand...

That being said. Someone who's pirating a game wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

fuck developers
if i wanna buy your game i will

Attached: 1544884780629.jpg (1080x1080, 549K)

>not buying my game is a direct attack on my livelihood
You're not entitled to my money.

Vitagen in a nutshell

HOW CAN YOU BE SO FUCKING EVIL
YOU CAN'T JUST RENT MY GAME YOU HAVE TO BUY IT. I NEED YOUR FUCKING MONEY.

Attached: 1531915845484.png (782x758, 127K)

Have sex

Idiot logic. Also, common sense. If studios don't make money they don't produce games. It's like everyone lacks IQ here

You first

isildurno.gif

>no u
Lol, seething virgin

I only pirate. If a copy shuts down because no one bought any of thier games then they deserve it clearly they were not worthy of me and will be forgotten fucking indie devs get cucked.

>you can't just rent my game
That's not where the industry right now is headed to
They're trying to push streaming games as this new medium, THEN is the time when nobody would actually be buying your games and it'd be just renting.
Piracy is preserving games whereas game developers and publishers don't want us owning the games we buy, all they want is our money.

It's a business and the people who don't like video games have found how easy it is to squeeze money from this industry with next to no effort.

Attached: 1412434445.jpg (640x641, 36K)

Emulation is anti-preservation and the scene itself is full of trannies and weirdos. The only way to preserve these things is learn how to maintain real hardware. You don't see video enthusiasts obsessing over how to emulate CRTs, but how to maintain and preserve them. Emulation is preservation is a placebo statement. Emulation was never about preservation, it's about enjoying games conveniently and for free. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional. You'll do preservation efforts a lot better writing down capacitor lists for each sega genesis revision and service them yourself than you'd ever by contributing code to an emulator

Well maybe I'd support them if they didn't participate in practices I don't like.

Then they shouldn't have the game?

good thing streaming will kill you pirate fucks :)

>Deflects
lol virgin

You know, if it wasn't for game preservation aka piracy, we would've lost hundreds, if not thousands, of games.

Tell me, where is Sega holding the source code for Skies of Arcadia? Did Nintendo re-release Lufia and Lufia 2? I'm having trouble finding Lunar and Lunar 2 on the playstation store.

What's that? The companies didn't bother saving these games because they're greedy assholes? you don't say!

Attached: 1555538450258.gif (320x320, 157K)

FALSE EQUIVALENCE

Possibly the dumbest fucking shit trying to sound intelligent I have ever read in my life. Code is eternal, hardware isn't. An emulator can survive til the destruction of the last computing device, garbage console hardware with built in planned obsolescence won't survive this century, neither will the boomers thinking they could preserve them.

nope

Attached: 1336848948256.jpg (606x540, 34K)

Stop posting this cancer patient

Attached: 1557995433145.jpg (750x703, 95K)

Sweetie, have sex please

>black guy steals a bag of chips from the store
>REEEEEEEEE YOU THIEVING NIGGERS NEED TO BE SHOT AND HUNG PUBLICLY!!!

>user steals a $60 video game
>Relax you autists. No one really cares. Imagine being a moralfag in 2019.

I'm not black

>person steals bag of chips still in production
>thief

>person recreates recipe of chips that have gone out of production for 30 years
>just fine

:DDD

I mean...are you entitled to their game? It kind of goes both ways if you wanna make that argument

Attached: 1303675949315.jpg (251x189, 6K)

>people enjoying something that's freely available by the nature of it's technology is bad, they should not enjoy it instead
god bless (((ameriga)))

yes

The latter is actually illegal if you steal the exact recipe without their permission, which they wouldn't give anyway. Lays sues farmers for growing the potatoes used specifically for their chips.

>sit in chair for 8-12 hours a day
>working hard

I actually pay for my games, but I couldn't give a single fuck about developers. I just like to own boxes.

>Out of production for 30 years

Well yeah that's usually the only way to fucking get a game at that point but most people here are pirating brand new shit.

I don't give a fuck what you idiots do with your free time so long as it doesn't affect me..but let's not pretend that what you're doing isn't wrong here.

Attached: 1307162140773.jpg (288x396, 66K)

Charging for a download is immoral and unethical but that is the only legal option on PC so I'm forced to pirate.

>there are people out there that are ok with cdkeys but not pirating

Attached: 1558129774352.jpg (563x651, 48K)

How can you copyright a recipe if you're only using it for personal use and don't plan on reselling it? How can you copyright a type of potato? Does nobody think this is absurd? Copyright law gone awry?

If you're pirating a modern game that's being sold commonly and easily accessible, I agree with you. However, I only emulate old games, ones out of production. That or games I already own.

i pirate games without playing them just to make devs miserable.

Moralfags, let me ask you this. I only pirate if the game is over 20 years old or the studio that made it is dead. Is that ok in your eyes? Because it seems like at that point there's no reason not to pirate it.

BASED

Attached: 1553770665138.png (976x658, 272K)

I got sick of paying 90 loonies plus tip for a video game so I started pirating this year and honestly it's great.

You're in violation of copyright law user. We have laws for a reason, you know, and it's not like they're easily swayed by lobbyists or money.

Honestly the only fear I have is that it'd somehow dissuade people from making games
And then I realize that hasn't stopped anybody since the conception of piracy

>Do both

Attached: 1553636430578.png (1316x1316, 857K)

The least those studios could do is admit that giving them money for a download is a donation.
That bag of chips is finite and has scarcity
A video game has infinite supply and 0 scarcity once it is made unless put into physical form, even then the physical form is the only thing with a finite supply, scarcity, and monetary worth.
It is possible to steal a video game by stealing a physical copy, but piracy is not stealing.

Attached: 1532995053907.jpg (556x2270, 114K)

Is it still immoral if I bought the game?
Is it still immoral if the game is free?

Yes
Yes

Why?

>pirate everything
>more money towards investing or retirement
Not a hard choice to make anons.

The way I see it...if it's out of production and a new/well kept copy costs as much or more than it did when it was released...then yeah piracy is more than ok at that point (since most of the time you're fucking over the second hand scalpers that deserve it anyway).

Don't worry, I support developers by buying used games :^)

but i actually hate people

Attached: 1558612511358.jpg (500x356, 65K)

>THE LIVELIHOOD OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE THE GAME?!
Ive seen them, they all have better lives than me

>doesn't affect me
Funny you mention that, you negatively affect me by paying for digitally distributed games.

Attached: Trve master race.png (834x998, 147K)

If they can't make a game good enough to make people want to donate by 'buying' it
they don't deserve any money

Paying for digitally distributed games is just as bad as console players having to pay for online, you are paying to use the internet connection you already pay for either way.

Attached: absolutely fucking based.jpg (637x254, 44K)

I only pirate Bethesda games.

>unironically paying for something that you can get for free with no repercussions
how is that not the ULTIMATE form of cuckoldry

Attached: 1538075919752.png (320x320, 114K)

Why do people on Yea Forums actually give a shit about people who buy something or pirate something.

I’m a buyfag and I have no idea why this argument even exist

But there are repercussions

>understanding this little about copyright laws

Except I haven't bought a single digital game, my entire collection is physical because I prefer actually owning my media.

Attached: 5f7.png (751x1063, 1.06M)

which are

>Lays sues farmers for growing the potatoes used specifically for their chips.
and this is why i dont give a fuck about any kind of copyright law

hes wrong

The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0).
The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

good, i want shitty sjw game developers who force niggers and homosexuality in video games to go under

Attached: 1542583434822.png (225x225, 20K)

literally 99% of the digital media i've ever consumed were pirated. my mom downloaded from emule the movies me and my brothers watched. no consequences at all

Copying the recipe for a bag of chips means the creator will not get the credit he receives. The problem with this is that the creator loses incentives to make things knowing some Yea Forumstard autist will steal the game anyways

I will continue to pirate while I dab on your corpses you consumerist trashbins.

le ebic vaporwave filter le ebic german ww2 soldier pic coming soon

I apologize for assuming you were a digital cuck when you aren't

I don't get threads like this...it always goes the same way

>People pirate to "stick it to the man"
>Someone explains that the only person they're sticking it to is the poor bastard who worked 16 hour days while activision CEOs fucked his wife
>"Lol I'm still gonna pirate because I'm not a retarded cuck"

Why even do this at this point? If nothing is gonna stop these tards from stealing then they're obviously gonna keep stealing

Attached: 1494226770588.jpg (184x274, 9K)

>it's another piratefags vs buyfags dick waving thread
i don't care how you get your games as long as you aren't doing "WOOOOW LOOK AT HOW MANY GAMES I BOUGHT/PIRATED TODAY B)"
because nobody cares or at least nobody should care except for the companies that made the game(s)

Attached: 1528878924040.png (300x250, 31K)

but they have the best launcher

Attached: ThePirateBay-5abbef418e1b6e00376e031d.png (768x449, 33K)

maybe if u live in a cucked country like usa.
i've been pirating since 2004 (pirated close to 10tb in 2019 alone) and i never had any problems

>wojak

Attached: 1558998846905.png (480x128, 7K)

It's whatever...my only real regret is that my autistic compulsion to own every game I play prevents me from playing some SNES/Genesis shit I missed out on. I may actually cave and emulate some of that

why murricans buy something that is free on the internet??
I'll never understand mutts:
>dying for israel is good
>pirate games is bad
fucking hate all of them!!

>buyfags
They aren't buyfags though, they are pay pigs, real buyfags like those in the Yea Forums buyfag thread actually get something in return for their money

Attached: death to them all.png (793x794, 402K)

>stealing

>emulate
As long as you don't pay for digital then its fine

Attached: the only acceptable answer2.png (991x356, 19K)

>all scene groups literally incapable of cracking the latest Denuvo version
>Voksi arrested
>CPY hinted they're retiring

Pirates on suicide watch.

Attached: 1557926276158.png (513x255, 150K)

>how can you copyright a potato
U dum

Pirating doesn't work from an economic standpoint

>463860332
>le piracy isn't theft meme

I'd argue with you but it's pointless.

Attached: 1539909766596.png (1303x908, 223K)

Paying for a download shouldn't exist from a logical and market standpoint

bravo!!! you just support:
>people who hate you for your pale skin color
>people who want erase your ideals
>people who want to normalize disorders
>people who want your sons being trans faggots and your daughters feminist
that's the murrican spirit g-boy, keep it up, you are Making your country Great!!!

I wasn't aware pirating deprived a person or store of their copy of the game. Now I'll pirate every major release 20 times instead of 10.

Attached: devilish.png (390x188, 67K)

i dont care bro

Attached: based and unspooked.jpg (256x315, 25K)

Don't worry, I only pirate shit games

Piracy is theft. You can justify it to yourself however you want to, but the fact is simple: You don't want to spend money on the game because you know you can steal it instead. Be honest with yourself. When is the last time you bought a game to support the developers after you "tried it out"?

Attached: meme.png (416x408, 209K)

>make games for a living
>still pirate everything and don't give a fuck if people pirate my games
Who gives a shit lmao, its fucking videogames

Attached: 1551511723760.png (386x426, 273K)