Your opinion on Parasite Eve 1 and 2?

Your opinion on Parasite Eve 1 and 2?

Attached: 1543322849524.png (556x281, 362K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BUF0wB6LSqA
youtube.com/watch?v=1JlhZCmKgqM
youtube.com/watch?v=3qDRs9bSJnc
youtube.com/watch?v=pQcZbQ6UEew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I never played it. What is it about?

1 is my favorite game of all time that I've never actually beaten.

play yourself to find out

The biggest fall from grace in videogames. 1 was Square's best PS1 game, 2 was a horribly designed mess, 3 was a trashfire.

something about a mutation that lets a woman/thing control the mitochondria in peoples cells and mutate/set them on fire

fuck you don't talk bad about PE2

The first game is a weird Survival Horror/JRPG hybrid where you play as a cop who has to stop a bunch of crazy pseudoscience from killing everyone in New York City. The plot is SciFi Channel Original Movie tier in concept but this was back when Square was at the top of their game and they actually do a really good job with the atmosphere and characters. The combat system is the ATB system from the FF games but with real time moving and dodging, giving it a more action game feel.
The second is basically just a straight up Resident Evil-style survival horror game with some RPG-lite leveling and character development stuff thrown in. The story is a lot dumber but it's still ok if you like Survival Horror games. Also has insanely high production values for a PS1 game, it looks great.

1 is one of the greatest games of all time
2 is pretty okay

for me, it's Dino Crisis 2.

Liked 1 a lot
2 was okay but a bit too different, world felt really small even though it's probably about as long a game as 1

Fuck the Chrysler building.

SOUL vs SOULLESS

Great ideas executed poorly. Due to the time of release they are passable games though.

I play myself every night, how does that relate to Parasite Eve?

I'm surprised this never sparked a surge of horror themed JRPGs. I would have bought any game on day 1 marketed as a "PE Clone." In fact I still would, but if they made it now it would just have some shitty ARPG combat system for low IQ zoomers.

1 is a masterpiece and is probably my favorite action RPG of that generation, and a game I would recommend to anyone.

2 is fucking trash Resident Evil clone with zero redeeming factors.

The original had a GOAT horror aesthetic and it doesn't seem like anything will ever match it anytime soon.

I wish Square would just make a new IP mimicking PE so we wouldn't have to deal with the licensing nonsense. Plus 3rd B-Day pretty much closed the franchise so they may as well start fresh.

This so fucking much.
1 Had the A-team on it and is full of charm
2 is "What if we copied resident evil but with an IP we own"
3 Is a decent action game with a convoluted plot and a FUCKING SICK SOUNDTRACK and the best graphics on psp.

It kind of did, in a way. Vagrant Story was clearly based on the game's systems and arguably Koudelka/Shadow Hearts ripped off the concept (though they skewed further towards JRPGS than PE1 did). Trend didn't last very long though, sadly.

>play
we’re on Yea Forums user

Pretty good games

and then Tabata (yes the same guy who ruined FFXV) had to ruin things with Third Birthday

I still listen to the orchestral version of the main theme to this day:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUF0wB6LSqA

Original Parasite Eve had an atmosphere like no other.

P1 was great. Emulated it on my PSP. P2 didn't play yet. Third Birthday was a good action game that I wish never had to become a Parasite Eve game. The gameplay is fun and challenging, but because of its takes on the PE story fans of older games hate it.

youtube.com/watch?v=1JlhZCmKgqM

Attached: Spikes_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog_4.png (142x163, 15K)

The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell: the game

PE1 is fucking trash desu
>spending 90% of your time in battle running around in circles waiting for the ATB meter to refill
atmosphere. soul

Aya is hot. That is all.

>P1 was great. Emulated it on my PSP.
I thought P1 didn't work on PSP for some reason.

Aw man looking at dem legs would give me straight up boners back in the day.
t. 36 y.o. boomer

It even got a PSN release. If custom eboots won't work just get the official one. For free of course.

1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "3"

We never had 1. 2 was great. Could' ve been a little longer. That desert motel was peak soul.

Fucking amazing . I still play Parasite eve II regularly.

>absolutely love PE1
>drop PE2 after 20 minutes
What the fuck were they thinking?The camera/movement and battle system were incredible in PE1 why would they follow go with prerendered graphics and garbage controls camera angles.Fucking hell it pissed me off so much

Attached: 1536643847551.jpg (500x500, 59K)

I ended up really liking 1 but I haven't gotten around to playing 2.

I always wondered where the hate for 2 came from.
But then it hit me that there are probably a lot of rpg players that can't deal with any type of action kind of game style.

I want a remake. Of both.

PE1 uses pre-rendered backgrounds and set camera angles as well though? The only difference is that PE2's are more dynamic and it uses tank controls.

I like either style, but PE1 had its own thing going that should've stayed longer instead of veering into a different direction both aesthetically and gameplay-wise.

They did something with the licence recently, so that might be a possibility.
If it is something new, they better keep toriyama away from it.

Dropped the first one shortly after the start of disc 2.

Hey, if RE2 succeeded, then maybe this would.

eves game is better

Did they? I was under the impression they lost the rights, which was why The 3rd Birthday was called that.

2 was wasted potential with the supersoldiers plot

After how FFVII's development has gone I don't think we'll ever see a big, proper PE remake.
anyone who goes to a Square Enix board meeting and suggests that maybe they should do more remakes loses a pinky on the spot.

They registered a trademark, so it could be anything, even just the ability to keep it on PSN.

>ctrl + f
>remake
>3 results
Spoken like true millenial NPCs.

They are decent games.
Never understood why they don't get remade.
It's still a popular franchise.
One of my crappy Parasite Eve videos got over 67k views so I know people out there still like the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=3qDRs9bSJnc

So you don't play as the girl?
Lame. Not going to bother then

On nightmare fuckers were nasty as hell

What was pierce dreaming on the water tower?

Third bday wasnt as bad as everyone made it out to seem.

The story is trash but the gameplay is good. I personally like it better than #2

Wat.
Aya is the main character.
She is a cop

The 1st one is fantastic, the 2nd one is okay, and the 3rd one... well, let's pretend it isn't exist.

Oh I assumed Eve was the antagonist cause of the title, aka she was the girl and the cop was going to be male.

Eve is the monster in the red dress on the cover

Aya the cop is the blonde bombshell

t. ARPG loving zoomer

I don't remember much of the game play outside the difficulty basically being a wall where towards the end it just rapidly spikes after being pretty easy through out.

Ah, I'm blind.
Only noticed the blonde, didn't even see the red haired chick.

1st is alright. Gameplay is extremely boring after a while and the gun system doesn't make much sense. The slight Police Quest touch makes the game more lovable. I only used one or two powers, the ones that dealt damage. The rest seemed like gibberish. It's quite surprising how dull the main character is considering how interesting is the plot.

2nd game improved on the RPG part but fucked up the controls. Difficulty is even more based on unfairness than the previous game and tank made it more crucial to dodge certain things with tank controls.
The story is still interesting but very dumbed down and stretched out like the Resident Evil games. The powers are more interesting than the previous one and the end game content is very interesting as well although lacks some Chrysler Building type of dungeon.

>1 Had the A-team on it
Who'd be Faceman?

I was surprised to learn this is based on a book.

Not even. It's a sequel!

Parasite Eve is an ARPG, dumbass

Ignore him.

Shame there was never a 3rd game.

Attached: 1558454107115.gif (436x425, 152K)

PE2 was good and the only people who didn't like it were butthurt that it was too different from the first and not a RPG. (and the stray honest person who didn't like it because Dryfield is fucking boring)

I somewhat enjoyed Dryfield, the flamethrower boss is probably the scene that impacted me the most back in the day.
It was the mine/sewers that I found horrid.

the reason why everybody hates 3 is because they ruined the storie and doesnt feel like a parasite eve game anymore but still is a good game
to enjoy 3 you have to play it before 1 & 2

I personally don't like it because the plot is buttfuck bonkers even by the standards of the first game and because I prefer the snowy deserted NYC setting to the ones in PE2. The L.A. Skyscraper and Dryfield are ok and I like the amount of detail in them but the labs and Biodome thing afterwards I'm not keen on. As an actual Survival Horror game it's pretty good but I just don't like it as a follow up to the original.

PE2 would probably wind up on my top ten ever list desu

this but to be fair 2 was my favourite while I was a kid. I only got around to fully playing PE1 last year but I fell in love with it. Never been such a completionist for a game before either, ended up on NG+6 or so, farmed me some junk for those exotic weapons, a shit ton of BP from squirrels in the Chrysler building and almost reached the end of the XP hard cap, was gonna get to lvl99 before I cleared the building but because I was relying on save states for long stays in the Chrysler, eventually they all got corrupted and my progress was lost. Was fucking livid but it's been a while since then so I might load up the last hard save I made and see where we're at. Pic related the last surviving screenshot.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.18 - 00.01.26.30.jpg (1280x1024, 276K)

I like both, even if 2 decided to go completely the RE way.

No, fuck the Neo Ark fuck the golems, and most importantly fuck the slimes.
My brother is really autistic about this game, he probably completed 15 times, from normal mod to Nightmare

mitochondia (which has its own dna) is technically alien symbiotic part of human cells. The powerhouse of the cell it produces the energy we need to move our bodies around. Parasite Eve is about how people have the ability to control our mitochondria (leading to super human ability, all the way up to flammable combustion of cells even in other people). It's unknown if mitochondria controls you or you control it.

It has heavy themes about self-control, human potential, genetics, the environment, family, life and death. It's a pretty good game. Dino Crisis is better.

oh and mitochondria is passed down by your mother and traces back to the first human (mitochondria eve)

go back to /vr/

Eve is one of my favourite games, there nothing quite like it except vagrant story .

Eve 2 was complete garbage.

Third Birthday was pretty fun

they even get more butthurt with 3

Attached: PE1concert.webm (600x400, 1.9M)

>all these contrarians that don't like 2
Pathetic. 2 is better than 1 in almost every single way except villains.

I ran out of bullets during the final boss of the first game and never got back to it.

I enjoyed both of them, especially PE2. I still replay PE2 every now and then.

I don't think it's anywhere near as good as 2, but it is a decent TPS so long as you completely ignore the plot and characters.

I actually like Dryfield better than most of the environments in PE1. The locations after Dryfield are pretty dull, though.

2 replaced slim sexy Aya with butch lesbian Aya. Also 1 had a unique flavor of western comfy christmas cop horror movie injected into a JRPG, meanwhile 2 is a janky RE clone with much less satisfying combat. I like 2, probably even prefer it to the RE games, but 1 is king in my book.

Attached: PE2AyaBrea.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

1's combat is horribly unbalanced and boring where entire classes of weapons and most spells are useless. Aya herself has less of a personality and she's much more fleshed out in the sequel.

>only fucking two offensive spell
>both deplete your mp
wew
at least 2 kinda balanced that

Attached: cops love donuts.png (1024x512, 531K)

The Ultimate Being or Eve in the Chrysler Building?

Can't really remember
Probably the Ultimate Being

nice aspect ratio

Nah, it was Eve.

One of my favorite games of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=pQcZbQ6UEew

Attached: 6dbf4edee6893b8c8cf8556a74df11fc.jpg (2000x1514, 1.16M)

I heard nothing but horror stories about the Chrysler building so I've held back on diving in there.

This contrasts particularly sharply with PE2, where nearly every weapon and ability is viable, distinct, and fun to use. Combined with the excellent implementation of difficulty modes that have a substantial impact on the game, it makes it extremely replayable.

nomura should've stuck to designs and only for low poly models

reminder that Aya was the original female cloud,not lightining

Attached: aya.jpg (750x1300, 141K)

>tank controls for RPG

'no'

Attached: 1558944831287.jpg (760x800, 115K)

At least I like Aya compared to Lightning.

1 is so fucking good. never played 2.

Sweet soundtrack.