Horror genre

Why has the horror game genre gone to shit. Now it's mostly just full of shitty walking simulators and outlast clones, why can't we just have good horror like pic related

Attached: Darkwood-review-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

>Procedural generated meme
>Good
cringe

>Procedural generated
No.
The content is always the same, just the locations on the map are random.
As in, what you find is fixed, it's just where you find it that's random.

Nice, I'm about to get this.
How many hours am I in for?
Does it have depth for a replay?

>How many hours am I in for?
20 hours more or less, more if you do a lot of side stuff and take your time.
>Does it have depth for a replay?
There's different endings and some different decisions that you might be interested in replaying the game for, but it seems like a lot of work for a small payoff.
I personally played it 2 times, the second time just enjoying how good the core mechanics are and challenging myself to be more efficient with my resources.

Thanks breh

Because of streamers

but you have pic related.

1-There's always an abandoned cottage/place somewhere near your safehouse in each new location, go there first to stock up on wood and other important materials

2-For the first half of the game basically never use guns, stock up on any gun you find or any disposable gun you make, any ammo, you'll need if for the second half of the game

3-Don't try to secure your entire safehouse, drag all the lights into a single room and secure that room as best as you can, instead, this is the biggest piece of advice that will allow you to safely survive the first areas in the game before you start to think "oh this is easy now", keep in mind that this advice will not work anymore once shit starts getting crazier later on

Attached: 3463474.png (1920x1079, 864K)

And most importantly don't forget: this man is your friend and you should trust him 100%.

Attached: wolf.jpg (1250x819, 180K)

>lone grey will never play this game again
Fucking blows

What do I need to do in that house near junkyard in swamp? The one with giant snail, I went inside the snail and got key to a door that has opening on the wall next to it so it's useless?

Fpbp
'Procedurally Generated' is code for 'lazy as fuck.'

Wrong.
See

>started playing Darkwood a month or more ago
>get to the point I should progress to third zone, real anxious about moving on
>put the game on hiatus and play other games
>hard to get back to it now
how do i stop myself from getting so immersed in horror games that my bladder fills in minutes after starting the game and after playing just an hour I feel exhausted from being on edge the entire time?

This game is fucking boring, probably never going to install it again

Attached: Untitled.png (256x106, 24K)

its the curse of being a fucking pussy
i also suffer heavily
you've just gotta push through it

It's true, but the game isn't procedurally generated, you dumb nigger.

Have some alcohol before playing, it will take some of the anxiousness off. It'll still be scary, unless you drink too much and then you won't be able to play at all.

Why didn't you play Resident Evil 2?

zoom zoom

No, it's a code word for "replay value".

>try mental gymnastics to lessen the fear
>i'm playing the easiest mode where I don't really lose anything even when I get fucked over as I can just go get my dropped stuff and all I lose is some reputation
>...
>nope! still afraid due to my immersion, the insignificant punishment for dying does not matter to me in any way
I'll do my best

now there is wise advice if I ever saw one

Attached: 1518024464693.png (391x306, 204K)

It's not procedurally generated retards. The locations are just randomized.

>there is nothing procedurally generated about it you fucking retards! it just has a procedurally generated map!

Darkwood is probably the only example of a true horror game that actually employs gameplay to generate horror and maintains it.
In games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil, your character is either an unstoppable killing machine, death has literally zero consequences, and death spam can remove the tension.
Darkwood is more of a true horror game then any SH/RE or walking sim.

Just don't go full alcoholism like myself.

procedural generation generates content too you fucking dum-dum

>n games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil, your character is either an unstoppable killing machine
Did we play the same Silent Hill games?

I'm not sure. I played 1-4, Shattered Memories, and Downpour. I died a few times in all of them combined.

I'm glad Darkwood has been getting posted alot recently
I really gotta finish it again some time soon

Dude stop, you're embarrassing yourself at this point. Just let it go.