FIRE

MY

Cope.

UNCLE

Actually looks better than the original. Where can I download

Looks great.

i like how this grass looks

Attached: hx7Qv8.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

Why do indie developers pretend like they can clone the movement of a game? Without the source code, everything is a total approximation. Why even bother if it isn't going to play like the original

Attached: 1491177642302.png (850x800, 439K)

TOUCHED

>Nintendo could literally do things like this
>They seem perfectly set on making lame 2.5D 6/10 games
Why do they hate money so much

WHY WON'T NINTENDO HIRE THESE PEOPLE?

Nostalgiafags will never be satisfied.

Real devs do this too. Look at the awful dogshit movement in the 3DS version of Majora's Mask.

pretty sure these are texture packs user
but in general, they're just retarded grafix whores

fucking amazeballs, better than anything nintendo has ever maded

EMPLOY

as someone working on a project that is going for action/adventure 3D Zelda vibe, holy fuck it's hard to get even one single thing as refined as walking down to where it feels 'good'
there's nearly fifty unique motions that Link can do in OoT alone, by himself right out of the gate without any items or upgrades, all of these have lots of factors accounted for when interacting with the camera, other non-kinematic objects, and such and they just feel right, but when you try to design something that is close to it, you quickly start to realize that Nintendo has a lot of secrets they keep to themselves and they are successful because of it
I think a Hat in Time did a good job recreating the 3D Mario vibe for the most part, but it's still not nearly as complex as Mario 64, especially given the limitations

Why does anything fan-created make Nintardos seethe with rage, meanwhile they think mario maker will be GOTY.

Bruh look at that fucking HUD, it doesn't even match the aspect ratio.

It's a texture pack. That can't be fixed without actually modifying the ROM. Plus who cares.

this is probably the least awful OOT / MM texture pack i've ever seen. Source?

Dumb cucks dont know the guy behind this actually tries to keep it loyal to the concept art and doesnt add new textures unless necessary, he LITERALLY imitates the original textures as faithful as possible, and tries to use concept art whenever possible too.

Really? Go fuck yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=rLVLXJhC5cs

Attached: 1279152019240.png (169x194, 8K)

NO SHUT UP TEXTURE PACK BAD FAN PROJECT BAD NINTENDO HIRE MAN

It still looks extremely off putting despite that. The textures don't and will never add up with the models which is the biggest problem and challenge to staying faithful.

The textures don't and will never add up with the models
Huh?

Attached: seizure signs.jpg (625x337, 52K)

>That HUD

Fucking disgusting

youtube.com/watch?v=FNzKbWU_xV4

genuinely impressed. nintendo... hire this man...

i can sort of see what you mean with the models and textures being incongruous, but I can't help but feel the visual clarity you're getting when using HD textures on a modern display outweighs that point, and if he actually moves on to model and animation edits like he says, this could end up being very impressive indeed

He means its jarring becuase thats what it is, high quality textures will never get along with low poly models unless they are heavily stylized around them.

What grass?

What makes it look so weird is that the buttons in the HD pack are smaller that they are in the vanilla game, while the item overlays remain about the same size

Look at the redone Link for example, his face just looks plain odd.
Something seems off about the textures themselves too, but I couldn't say exactly what it is about them. The easiest thing I can point out is the difference in the way hearts look.

Yeah the white outline on the hearts is too thin.

Come join the Pikmin Discord server, Pikcord! Trying to find other Pikmin fans is hard. We host the largest active Pikmin community.
discordapp.com/invite/msMKc3G

i wish they could add more polygons.

This is fascinating. Nintendo's own secret sauce. I can't even imagine the amount of expertise and skill that goes into a project like that.

In 1997

Steve was chopping wood

He missed a spot and chopped off his dick

Nice water.