Yuropoors call this a "PSX"

>yuropoors call this a "PSX"

Attached: image.jpg (670x335, 23K)

pee ass sex is the best pronounciation

Attached: psx.jpg (1784x6512, 3.33M)

I always called it a PlayStation (PlayStation 1 after the PS2 came out).

t. British guy.

my little sister used to say playstation while keeping her teeth clenched for some reason and it would sound like psh-sh-shn
my brother and I would then call it the pshshshn because it was funny
eventually it just became a buzzing sound that started with a P so like pzzhh
to this day we still say playstation as pzzhh
like he'll ask oh did you hear any news about the pzzhh 5 release date, or whatever

I call it the sony nintendo because that's what my parents called it. It's about tradition.

I really like this image in the sense that it concisely destroys a point completely pulled out of someone's ass.

I'm sorry your entire family is retarded

A bunch of people used to call the original PSX and the slim PS1 (since it was named PS One by Sony, if I'm not mistaken).

the slim was called PSone by sony because it came out around when the PS2 was coming out
people like to claim that PSX was only used to differentiate it from the PS2 but it wasnt the case
i think people latched onto calling it the PSX was because the initialism of PS was to short and vague to definitively know what someone was referring to and since it was the name in development it made sense
I personally never liked calling it PSX and nowadays will refer to it as PS1
also never cared for the slim model PSone from its design or name
love the original PlayStation

so what does the X stand for

Want me to show you a bunch of magazine articles calling the Nintendo Switch the "NX"?

not sure
my guess is maybe for eXperiment
could just be nothing
keep in mind this was the X-TREME!!! 90s

only if they are from after 20 October 2016

Nobody uses NX as the acronym for the Switch, everybody used PSX for the Playstation. What is it with people not understanding what an acronym is?

why are sony ponies so autistic?

Attached: bvSUcq2.jpg (2448x3264, 2.87M)

You're right, I do.

>Americans call this a President

No, everybody called it the "playstation"

and after the PS2 came out it retroactively became known as the PS1

Not when they were using an acronym. Seriously why the fuck are you people so stupid?

Attached: PSX in the wild.jpg (1794x611, 351K)

This, also britbong, I've never met anyone who called it a PSX.

Why are you so autistic about not calling it the playstation?

>gamestop is law
ps1 it is

I thought that "PSX" was to differentiate it from the smaller PS1 that Sony released later?

Attached: 3108N2ZMT3L._SX466_.jpg (466x303, 11K)

Nobody called it PSX outside of the US

Go figure the US did the retarded shit, again.

no thats the PSone
PSX was actually the japan only PS2/dvr thing

They likely called it that for the same reason they abbreviated the Nintendo GameCube to "GCN"

You are not a store, you are a person. Sony never called it the PSX after release.

No it was the muricans that created this horseshit

It's not about calling it one or the other you fucking mongoloid. Listen, an acronym used for a console is not what people say out loud when discussing something.

No it was just PlayStation and PSONE non retards

Then call it the PS1

cute family

Because he's terrified of people finding out he's young.

>Sony never called it the PSX after release.
Everybody else on the planet used PSX as the ACRONYM for the console. You mentioned an example of another acronym that isn't logical so I figure you can still understand this one.
It only became the PS1 once there was a PS2, until that point it was the PSX.

It's amazing how this always gets ignored in this argument

>It only became the PS1 once there was a PS2, until that point it was the PSX.
No, it was "PS"

Nobody used that because it was the 90s and it's too vague.

Attached: 1487561159479.png (817x675, 78K)

Dumb american

Attached: Screenshot_20190528-140712~2.png (1080x1229, 229K)

we call it console trash actually

Wow what a revelation, you know you're the very first person in history to look up PSX in a search engine and post the results like this?

Attached: 1487557379716.jpg (960x1372, 366K)

it usually gets brought up by some pedantic fuck when someone refers the the PS1 as the PSX
nobody, especially on a videos game forum, is going to see PSX and think oh they must mean that japan only dvr ps2 that barely sold
we know PSX means PS1
I personally dont like calling it, or reading it as, the PSX but I dont get my knickers in a twist about it

>he's posting his literal who toilet cleaner magazine again
Is it really just one guy sperging?

its always the same photograph too
its like only one photo of it was ever taken

>PSX means PS1
You humongous retard. PS1 means PS1.

You could tell by the filenames I'm not the person who complied this evidence. I just find it amazing that people would talk literally straight out of their ass about an acronym anyone who isn't underage would instantly recognize.

Attached: 1480199313580.png (604x582, 129K)

idk why people so bent out of shape about calling the ps1 the psx but they sure as fuck do
it's a Yea Forums tradition at this point

Play
Sta
Xion