Just got this, what type of character should I make?

just got this, what type of character should I make?

Attached: 300px-Baldur's_Gate_Enhanced_Edition_cover.jpg (300x430, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bt-z8PiENl4
lmgtfy.com/?q=BG2 bigger font
lmgtfy.com/?q=BG remove ee npc
warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Uninstall wizard.

Romance Jaheira!

Attached: Jaheira.png (210x330, 123K)

Not a pure mage unless you want to literally savescum your way through the first few hours of the game.

Chaotic Evil Half Orc Warrior with lowest INT possible

A faggot

Human kensai dualclassed into mage later on.

he can use a sling and the rest of the party

you should make a noose and then hang yourself with it, faggot.

>Enhanced Edition

:^)

Because of the lower levels you're limited to, you're best off with a fighter class.

Attached: bondari.jpg (800x600, 66K)

where the copy pasta bot?

archers kick insane amounts of ass in BG1 and only drop off in later BG2 and ToB

Archers ARE good! Give me magic bows! Give me magic crossbows! Give me magic slings!

Melee characters are pretty much autoattack only and are boring.
Mage, Druid or Priest are fun to play.

if you're planning on playing baldur's gate 2, whatever you like most. magic classes are fun if you are good at battle strategy, medium armor classes are jack of all trades, and heavy armor classes are tough to kill/can do a lot of melee damage
if you're only playing baldur's gate, picking a warrior class of some sort is smart.

Is this the one with the big tit bartender? That turned me into a man.

Paladin (Cavalier)
It's the most protagonist class of the lot.

>only 4 slots for level 9 spells
Never again.

That IS Alyth from Dark Alliance! She IS a good wife!

Attached: Alyth.jpg (480x360, 20K)

It doesn't matter which bow are you using if arrows are basic. And magical arrows are capped at +3, you can't even harm certain enemies with that.

play as 6 thieves and backstab everything to death

No, this is the one with the big bellied man bartender whose hotel is as clean as an elven arse.

>being a console baby

WILD MAGE

NO OTHER OPTIONS

WILD MAGE, OP

About 4 months ago I played through all 2.5 games with that char and had a blast.

Cleric or Cleric/Fighter. Cleric/Ranger if you want to be OP. Buffs, heals, debuffs, and offensive spells all while smashing faces with a flail in full plate armor.

Stealth archer.

Attached: 1432365522834.jpg (675x642, 77K)

play the first game with a fun/joke character. Play the second game with a sorcerer and use a guide to learn all the spells and shit. You're going to have to learn all the spells one way or another if you want a chance in the late game.

Use Gesen! Use shortbow it IS good!

All casters are good, all caster multiclasses are good, if you hate imoen make a rogue

Get as high CHA as possible regardless since banter and party conversation changes based off you being a gigachad or not

>autoroll for stupid high stats
>choose Thief/Mage so you can pick the locks in the starting inn and buy all the good gear to start while also being able to summon familiars
>spec into katanas because 1d10 for a 1-handed weapon is gr8

Or just do whatever you want, the game doesn't outwardly punish you for not choosing a specific build (though pure melee is pretty dull and makes some fights a bit more drudge-y).

Im gonna be the only serious person in this thread. You should be a thief.

Don't play a pure thief. Protagonist being useless against many monster types is pretty shitty.

For your first playthrough don't play EE.

Attached: 1554457610707.jpg (894x894, 106K)

Thief is useless. Fighter/thief is OK.

>>choose Thief/Mage so you can pick the locks in the starting inn and buy all the good gear to start while also being able to summon familiars
also pick charm as a spell, so you can sell an inventory full of platemails to the first shop in candlekeep.

You anger the dwarf that needs help with rats, then charm a guard and make the dwarf kill the guard.
Then loot the neat helmet and platemail.

dumb nostalgia fags need to leave Baldur's Gate threads. EE is fine especially for newcomers. Hell I'm a veteran and even with le mods I cannot get BG original to work on my computer without totally fucked up resolution, text scaling, and weird graphical errors.

>EE is fine especially for newcomers.
No newcomers are the people who absolutely should stay away from EE so they get the correct characters in the game. A veteran knows how it's supposed to be and can engage in the basically mod characters if they want and know to ignore them if they don't, a newcomer doesn't know that so shouldn't touch EE.
Retarded EE apologists should just get some rope and practice tying a noose.

What? BG2 is not that hard late game, even if you accidentally gimped yourself

>>Drawn by a haunting voice, you come to the Elfsong tavern... It is a small place, filled with an motley assortment of patrons, and grizzly trophies.. There, the haunting voice is all around you, and the patrons are silent, as the song washes over them. One by one, they all seem lost to it's call...

youtube.com/watch?v=bt-z8PiENl4

A Paladin. They're great.

Give me big breasted bartender!

Attached: 1558854362139.png (300x300, 59K)

Arent they remastering this series for console?

Will I actually like Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment if I've played Fallout 1 and 2 and many of the other Bioware games such as Kotor and Mass Errect?

Attached: 1558890114591.jpg (1000x1102, 261K)

Attached: makesmefeellikeanoldhousewifereadinganeroticnovelforthefirsttime.png (630x105, 64K)

Jaheira from Baldur's Gate IS a good wife! Annah from Torment IS a good wife!

Attached: Annah.png (272x441, 199K)

Make a dual-wielding Berserker. You can dual-class him to mage if you want to use him in BG2. Op as fuck.

I always used to hack the game to make a Sorcerer with the Wild Mage kit so I had access to Reckless Dweomer and Chaos Shield and other such wild mage things.

Shit was dope.

Wizards are gay though, sorcerers are cool.

Don't stop rerolling your attributes until you have a total of at least 91-93, preferably closer to 95. And if you're playing fighter make sure your 18 strength has a modifier in the 80s or 90s, if not keep rolling. Don't even touch the tutorial area until you've got this.

die

We all will user

No!

Paladin.

Go Inquisitor Paladin if you don't want to have to think and want it easy. Play Sorcerer if you you want to plan your guy a bit and turn into a solo walking death machine that can level the entire battlefield repeatedly by yourself before the enemies can even move by the mid/late game.

>tfw roll 18/00 strength but on a total roll of 82

damn

Attached: 1512883818700.png (804x802, 137K)

Joke's on you nigger. I'm a lich. My phylactery is inside your mom, lol.

I'm not sure. Are you maybe thinking of the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series? Those are different from the Baldur's Gate games on PC. Though Beamdog apparently made a mobile version of the Enhanced Edition.

Do NOT forget about the BEST wife of all! Valerie! (She is! She is!)

Can't you find a Manual of Gainful Exercise fairly quickly, boosting yourself to 19 and making your percentage roll a moot point?

He's talking about the total stat roll, not the strength percentage.

wizard slayer

Well, that's kinda my point. If you can get a 19 not long into the game, why care about your percentage roll at all, instead of just aiming for a solid ability score bank?

>being okay with your character having a phantom strength of 18/34 under his modified 19 strength

you're either a fucking retard or soloing if you have to save scum.

>he DOESN'T solo "party" based games to prove his superior skill and build planning
i ONLY solo CRPGs. parties are for faggots

this

i didn't say i don't solo.
reading comprehension...

Fuck off Viconia, you useless shit. Why can't you go to the gym so you can wear plate?

where is the pasta?

she only does squats
just give her a strength belt

What about installing thr mods that remove the donut steel characters?

Fighter/Berserker Subclass Human. Roll attributes until you have 89-90+ roll, max out str/con/wis. Add everything else into dex. Pick warhammers and dual wielding for weapon specialization. Then dual class into a cleric at 7, 9 or 11. I usually pick 9, 7 if you're not going to import into BG2. As a cleric, DO NOT put weapon specialization points back into Warhammer, it will override your fighter points once you regain your fighter levels. Put them into either mace or flail. Preferably flail if playing through to ToB.

Congrats, you're invincible.

Attached: 1555818884665.jpg (1039x1200, 178K)

Assuming you can't find Gauntlets of Ogre Strength or a Girdle of Giant Strength of your own, Ankheg Plate Mail only weighs 25.

Ok tell me this
I have removed every additional character made by Beamdog in BG2 using the mod.
But what about the dialogue changes I'm hearing?

sure

damn I think I saved a few links for that, but I don't know where. Maybe I forgot.

>But what about the dialogue changes I'm hearing?
Unconfirmed that they're real.
I think it may just be that people mistook Dragonspear dialogue for new dialogue in bg2 or bg1.

>enhanced edition
Play a monk

So playing BG2EE is safe in terms of story if you ignore the added quests and companions right?
Cause the original UI and fonts look fucking tiny on my laptop and I just can't change it

All three ranged weapon types have uniques that throw +4/+5 projectiles (Gesen, firetooth, sling of everard)

Yeah it doesn't do anything but add the EE characters who you can just ignore.

Stop trying to be a special snowflake and just make a fighter into mage dual class like everyone else.

lmgtfy.com/?q=BG2 bigger font

>So playing BG2EE is safe in terms of story if you ignore the added quests and companions right?
I think so.
So if you have a mod that removes those characters that should be great as far as I can see.

In bg1ee there are other issues I think, but not in bg2ee.

not sure about the audio but written dialogue is modified, i actually confirme that myself since i didn't want to believe they went ahead and fucked up their characters

lmgtfy.com/?q=BG remove ee npc

I wasn't asking for it.

My bad.

fpbp

right here
Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: Beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

Havign over 1k hour, here's the skinny

Assuming you wanna import your character afterward in BG2

Thief are better left with NPC. They become REALLY good in ToB but thats a good 40+ hours away. NPC can deal with traps.

Clerics are strong and dependable, good character, but see multiclass below.

Pure Mages are the winners due to spells in 2ed being busted. 10/10. You can go +1 with multiclass below

Pure fighter star really solid, slump a bit during BG2 then take back a high position with high level abilities. Some weapons are also straight busted, so they are fine

Now for the cheese, multiclass (and dual)

In most situation, there is no reason to not go dual class for cleric or a mage. You get better HP, Thaco and armor proficiency (for fighter)
or some utility spells (from cleric or mage)

There are some cheese, like Dual class from Ranger to cleric, which unlocks the druid spellbook into your cleric one, so you get every divine spell. Needs a shitload of starting stat to be avalaible, but very pleasurable.

Meanwhile, multiclass do the side by side progression. Most of them are pretty mediocre imo (you don't gain much from a extra few fighter/thief levels compared to dual to 7 or 11 then switch off) With the exception of Cleric/mage, where you can abuse sequencers in the late game for hilarious effects

Does the tranny janny on beamdog's payroll who declared a shilling jihad against that pasta on vr roam here too?

wait, tell us more about this shilling jihad thing

Don't know, once the Beamnigger.jpg was taken down but thats about it, honestly I think he's given up, outside /vr/ he has no power

Attached: You have no power here.jpg (400x400, 43K)

See point 6 of the pasta, it's a better summary than anything I could write
Some janny took it as his sacred duty to delete every mention of that pasta, and most of the violent criticism against beamdog while he was at it, deletes pretty much anything at random and posts assblasted passive aggressive shit while doing it. There hasn't been a good IE thread on vr for a while, basically since then. Hilariously enough, there was recently a Blood remaster (blood fresh supply) riddled with bugs at launch, I and other anons posted a few parodies of the pasta adapted for it, and he banned everyone. Good times on vr, so much so that I'm back on this shit board to look for IE threads.

fighter/thief multiclass, elf or half/elf with 18 str/con/dex

Why DOES that happen!

bad advice

Because I guess you'd have to be a somewhat mentally ill power tripping faggot to have the self-righteous desire to apply for moderation on Yea Forums and delete what you don't like. Or be on beamdog's payroll. Since no one really knows who the mods are, it's pretty easy for any vaguely organised group to 'infiltrate' the mod team and start deleting what they don't like. Since they're anonymous too, they are only accountable to hiroshima, who really doesn't give a shit about slow boards, and only gives a fuck about fast ones when the advertising bucks slow down.