youtube.com/watch?v=iYW5rmQgGXE
youtube.com/watch?v=c5S0v_lrGlg
youtube.com/watch?v=ay174Yvnx7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>john leguizamo
its kino

It's the kind of bad that's good in the cheesy 90s way

not at all, I even liked it as a kid.

Yes it was, Ninty fags tried to pretend this didn't exist when the Sonic movie trailer came out.

I think it's pretty funny,but not for the reasons they intended

It's a fascinatingly weird relic of the 90's.

I'd kind of like to see a game that goes with odd cyberpunkish style Mushroom Kingdom for the fuck of it.

no, it's fun

If you completely ignore any ties to the Mario series it is a fun little movie on it's own. Still have no idea how it came to be though.

I like it.

It's a really fun movie
It's a terrible mario movie

it was literally kino

Attached: ss_smbmovie-dvd_16.jpg (500x375, 41K)

Its pretty good actually.

There's a few articles about it. Shit was trapped in production hell because they couldn't decide just what the fuck a Mario movie should be. Eventually the deadline was closing in, and this sci-fi clusterfuck was the current idea so they just ran with it.

I genuinely enjoy it but I can't deny how incredibly stupid it is as well.

no, it's really comfy

the setting was cool

Literally just rabid autistic tendie bois REEEEEE'd because it was different than their cover art of mario 3. The movie was pretty cool actually

Director wanted to make a bladerunner like movie but couldn't get the funding to it so he used Mario Bros as an excuse to make it

meant for

I only really like it because of Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo and Dennis Hopper were fun to watch.
Kind of like Street Fighter and Raúl Juliá being golden.

I still think that SF it was Tuesday line is pretty good.

interesting idea that could have worked but it also had some weird decisions
>it's not just another universe, it's Earth but the dinosaurs lived and evolved
>Luigi is Mario's adopted son
>those koopa and goomba designs
>evolution gun
they did the best with what they could while also being short on time but full on cocaine

TRUST THE FUNGUS

You know those sprite misinterpretation threads? The appeal of videogame movies is that you're taking that feeling and stretching it out to 2 hours.

Wrong pic OP, yours is shopped

Attached: Tv5vEuZ.jpg (1200x800, 500K)

youtu.be/MdrlALQVEKM

It's seriously an enjoyable film on its own merits, it's full of crazy ass ideas like a person devolving into a sentient fungal network. It's like the games filtered through the mind of a fascinatingly creative madman. Very little about it feels generic.

Attached: Yoshi.jpg (620x350, 116K)

Hired the wrong directors. Script went through like a million changes. Writers wanted it to be more kid friendly, directors wanted it to be more dark and gritty. They kept fighting each other over this back and forth, till it got stuck somewhere in the middle due to deadlines.

Meanwhile actors just stopped giving a fuck after like daily rewrites mid production.

If you can track down the blu-ray for this, there is an amazing 2 hour documentary that is 100% honest about the shitshow it was.
>Hoskins and Luguizamo pissed on set every day
>Hoskins had no idea who Mario was
>Producer just turned up to japan and scored the rights cheap
>Ended the couple who director's marriage
>set designer was from bladerunner
>script was being re-written inbetween shots
>was all filmed in an abandoned factory filled with asbestos

Best thing is the interview with the guy who penned the original script. Wanted it to be a fantasy adventure. He had fought to keep the bomb-omb, jump boots and mushrooms in the film.

Ever Raul Julia line was good. He chewed the scenery in the best possible way.

Call me Dobson but Mario as a gruff Brooklyn Italian plumber living in a grungy but comfy apartment cooking pasta with his gf if preferable to the current state of Mario being a whooping high-pitched inarticulate loon

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1188x638, 133K)

>set designer was from bladerunner

Attached: C53647B9-A736-4FA0-AAF9-F06E99D4E27E.png (295x282, 123K)

He did it because his kids were fans of SF and he wanted them to have one final movie to remember him by. :(

I watched it on youtube, and immediately bought a physical copy before I finished the stream to watch it on a proper television. Aside from a few brief slow bits, it was a camp masterpiece and one of my favorite "get drunk and have on in the background" movies of all time.

I look blue collar Brooklyn mario too thanks to Vinny Vunesauce.

SCAPELLI...!

BOB-OMB!!

Did you have a stroke, son?
Or are you phoneposting? Because if phoneposting is your answer, I'd rather you to have a stroke.

Why not just buy them overalls

>gun transforms people into brazilians
How did Nintendo get away with this?!

BROOKLYN

MY WORLD

Also it has the Art Director from Blade Runner working on the Art Direction as well

I'm cool guy I jusiaojJ+$8*(
A
A
A
A
Aaa

It's not God awful like most claim it is, but it doesn't really follow the story of Mario. It's an okay movie

it had production values so its better than any live action movie made for kids in the last decade.

the whole movie is on Youtube

youtu.be/s6yduB9KSU4

People will miss it when the mario minions movie comes out and it turns out to be completely garbage

>Very little about it feels generic.

i agree with this user, i watched it again a year ago and i still enjoyed it.

It was great. Has nothing to do with the video games other than names.

No, it has charisma, and it isn't even generic

>Pathe
I thought Disney released it

thanks yify

GIVE ME THAT D.E.V.O. GUN!

The Super Mario Bros movie appears like it will end up being 100x as good as the Sonic movie.

And he did a damn good job.

No, it was just too ambitious for its own good. I still love the movie. Bob Hoskins is still my favorite Mario.

Attached: mario.jpg (625x344, 61K)

>Human devoles into a chimp

What the fuck?

There's actually a ton of nods to the Mario series if you look out for it in the movie. Some of them are kind of clever.

>Bob hoskins
I miss him, my favourite role was him as professor challenger in the lost world.

Attached: 2001-the-lost-world-hoskins-challenger.jpg (1190x682, 242K)

I'm 25 and I grew up with this movie on VHS. I always liked it and I still do, I'm not even exactly sure why everyone hates it so much.

If you thought a live action mario bros. movie would literally be exactly like the game with them doing the same things and acting the same way then you're a fucking retard. I appreciate the different spin they put on the mario lore. The jumping boots were cool, the little bob-bomb was cool, and what the fuck else did people expect a real life yoshi to look like other than some dinosaur raptor thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=nyi87op_hMU

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve26GpPDTgY

>tfw watch The Wall
>comfortably numb comes on
>he's in that scene

what the fuck

Good video on it. Basically details everything that went wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=Unt6hsKCr7M

A lot of things went wrong.

>tfw I just realized Luigi and pic related are the same person

Wow.

Attached: e93f52f98e363525220da707d1ecd62c[1].jpg (845x1390, 163K)

>“The worst thing I ever did? Super Mario Brothers. It was a fuckin' nightmare. The whole experience was a nightmare. It had a husband-and-wife team directing, whose arrogance had been mistaken for talent. After so many weeks their own agent told them to get off the set! Fuckin' nightmare. Fuckin' idiots.”

It has Dennis Hopper, Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo, it literally CANT be bad

Now on that note it was completely creatively unloyal to the Mario lore itself unfortunately

The closest thing we will ever get to a real live Mario and Luigi was Captain lou Albano and Danny wells

Attached: 2D9855217-today-danny-wells-131205-tease.fit-760w.jpg (760x570, 79K)

the angry joe show's really gone to shit

>original writer had to fight to keep Mario items in a Mario movie

Attached: 1557093786166m.jpg (1024x573, 47K)

>vertical posting
wew

The actors seriously stopped bothering to read the script because it literally would be changed when it came time to do the shots.

I liked him as Smee in Hook, too.

Based Mario.

you forgot
>Hoskins broke his arm and they had to paint the cast a flesh color to hide the fact he was in pain

Has any other video game movie have had a shitshow behind the scenes like this one?

>Could have had Danny Devito as Mario or Harold Ramis as director

Could you imagine?

Didn't Nintendo more or less canonize this movie with the city level in Odyssey?

Tom Hanks was almost in the movie

Video Game movie?
No

Movie?

I can name dozens

No.

Nintendo really tried to bury this deep as they could. On top of actually get bitchy with any license of their IPs.

I can name a lot of movies that have shitshow productions, that's easy, but video game movies seem to go smoothly because 9/10 times people actually don't care about them.

it's good if you're not a faggot

they took a few aspects from this movie and made them canon, and Miyamoto said that he admired the fact it actually took risks.

The number of creative influences and actually talented people working on the movie is mind-boggling, they were inspired by great stuff at the time like Batman 89 and TMNT 1990, Die Hard, they got the fucking writers from Bill & Ted at one point, it's amazing how they fucked it up really.

He literally studied actual dictators and how they acted in order to portray M. Bison.

He is literally the only movie version of anything in a video game ever that deserves to be remembered.

>with DeVito onboard, Mario is notably shorter than Luigi
>Ramis uses some contacts to make sure that the movie has decent visual effects and stays closer to its source material

This is why the coolest Mario games are the ones where he exists in the real world instead of the Mushroom Kingdom, like Donkey Kong 94.

>Miyamoto said that he admired the fact it actually took risks.
No way. Source?

>MH movie announced.
>It's literally same fucking retards from RE movies.

Yeah they don't give two flying fucks.

Attached: 1553792748680.jpg (500x429, 62K)

You know video game movies are a shitshow when a PG-13 Mortal Kombat movie and Detective Pikachu are the high points of the "genre"

Movie went through 3 different directors. First director walked off set when he found out the movie was supposed to be based off of Super Mario. They just decided to keep the sets.
Then you have the actors who were publicly not having this shit, with Hopskins literally drunk driving for a scene at one point. It was an incredible mess.

It's complete shit and not even bad in the fun kind of way. It's ironic to like movies like this now and pretend to enjoy them for attention

and DP being the only one that has mostly positive reviews

prince of persia movie was actually pretty good

Truth, he was great

MK games own a lot to that movie tho.

DP works because they aren't trying to do something "new" or change the whole lore of games.

Big issues with vidya adaptations are faggot directors and scriptwriters.

it also doesn't help that like a fourth of all the video game movies are done by Uwe Boll

Silent Hill keeps being slept on.

that's going a little too far now

>The movie was pretty cool actually

No it wasn't.

this

I know that companies can be cheap.

But how the fuck he got the hands into all those licenses?

DP was actually pretty different from actual Pokémon games. No battling, no Pokeballs aside from the intro. But I thinking Pokémon did exist in real life, realistically, people would probably be showing them off all of the time. That’s why everyone wants walking Pokémon again.

But all elements are there well as the aesthetics, it's different but not exactly far from source material.

They literally do completely change the universe though. The entire conceit of the movie is that it takes place in a city that operates nothing like the rest of the world. Nobody captures pokemon, battles are illegal, etc.

They basically try their absolute hardest to ignore the real-world ethical issues that would exist if pokemon existed in our universe. Which makes the movie weird, because it starts in some random small town that looks like reality, and then the rest takes place in fucking Blade Runner. The main character is wearing business casual while walking past giant glowing purple signs in faux-Japanese characters advertising noodle bars and surrounded by asian extras with pink and blue hair.

You know what’s funniest part of the movie? The movie came out in 1993. The newest Mario game was Super Mario World. SMW took place in “Dinosuar World”. That’s why it’s filled with the fucking dinosaurs.

I fucking love that Yoshi.

Battles and Pokeballs are there, they just don't happen in that city.

companies holding the license giving so little of a shit that they'd hand the rights to anybody. When companies heard how bad he handles movies, they became more reluctant

The fake out villain supposedly hated Pokémon. I’d figured they were using the drugs to make the Pokémon go crazy to justify instituting Pokeballs laws or something like that, but then the actual villain plot was completely different.

Hey alright

>Nintendo got burned hard with mario movie putting halt in anyone with license for their IPs.
>It wasn't until recently with Universal deal that they got a bit more loose with media.

They did some stuff like animal crossing, Kirby anime which they own the studio well as kid icarus shorts.

But damn, Disney out of all fucking things letting a Nintendo IP slip is fucking amusing.

Attached: 1555464964694.gif (100x100, 23K)

The movie doesn’t take place in our world. The ethics have already been solved, considering it’s implied the movie takes place after RBY. While it is a bit too Blade Runner inspired, cities exist in Pokémon.

I liked it when I was a kid, at least it's not Sonic.

Nintendo is thier direct competitor. Why make a movie about a franchise that’s going to have its own section at your rival amusement park?

A: 10
V: 10

Thanks yify

Attached: mario motorboating a big ass black woman.webm (480x360, 285K)

Huh.

If I remember Sony pictures held pokemon movie license for quite long time.

There is ton of vidya licenses around that aren't being used or just there for sake of being held by someone.

does he kno de wey

Nah its fuckin KINO. Probably better than that now delayed Sonic flick,

Shit, where?

Yeah. Most people probably forget the live action Sonic movie idea has been floated around with the rights since 2011 or something. I remember hearing about it, saying "lol that's not going to come out", and then getting over it.

he's the manager talking to the doctor screaming "HE'S AN ARTIST!" during the Comfortably Numb scene

so from what ive gathered from Yea Forums and Yea Forums these days, the worse it is or the more it pisses people off the better or more kino it is

>EVA movie is on a perpetual limbo since god knows when.

Probably for the best.

The making of this movie was FUCKING WILD.

>at one point, the film was going to have a John McClain cameo with him crawling through the koopa kingdom's air ducts.

It's good, just like Kung Pow is good. "Critics" are insufferable.

In a world where people worship marvel movies, this movie is just fuckin fine.

I'm pretty sure the NGE film rights were picked up back by Anno when he split from Gainax. I hope.

I detest the Rebuilds but they are absolutely preferable to a film.

Incredible.

undisputed kinography

it became a so bad its good movie.

i mean it's not actually good, but you can like it and look cool because everyone hates it and almost no one liked it when it came out and basically destroyed video game movies for a hot while.

It's boring shit,even as a kid I could tell it was shit.
don´t listen to the babbling retards in this thread none of them would even dare to rewatch it right fucking now.

Attached: 1306891038001.jpg (600x560, 52K)

Nope.

Still with ADV.

Mario Mario
Luigi Mario

go to twitter. search #trustthefungus
thank me later

Damn. Hopefully it never happens.

I was afraid of this movie as a kid, people turning into goombas was creepy.

As a Mario movie, bad.
As a weird little sci-fi movie, not so bad.

Better than Double dragon.
Worse than Street fighter.
Worse than Mortal Kombat.
Better than Mortal Kombat Annihilation

I guess it ranks pretty average for a video game movies.
Not sure what else i'm forgetting.

It’s worth watching just for its silliness if you like campy, bad movies. It’s one of those movies that never stop going once stuff starts happening, and watching it can be bit grating at times because of that, but it’s still an hilarious fireworks show of weird ideas, silly setpieces and even weirder adaptations of Mario lore.

Also, Dennis Hopper’s hamfisted acting is 10/10 in the movie, nothing saves a bad B-movie like a main villain that is played by an actor who isn’t afraid to chew some scenery if the movie demands it.

Given that it was live action, I was considerably impressed with how faithful it was to the series and some of those concepts were cool as hell.

Sony Pictures was having talks with Nintendo about the Super Mario Movie before universal picked the project, they also had the Sonic license at some point, but the Pokemon movie always was a partnership between Legendary and The Pokemon Company.

I was the biggest Mario fan as a kid. Every day I'd go outside and pretend to be Luigi or Mario and just have mushroom kingdom imagination. I'd play Super Mario All-Stars on my SNES daily, I'd draw Mario fanart, my life was basically Mario Bros.

And I knew this movie was complete horseshit. It was kind of depressing. Only part I liked as a kid was Yoshi.

It's a shit mario movie, but a precious camp timecapsule.
Back then we couldn't appreciate the stupid shit we were living in and taking for granted. I doubt anyone ITT likes the movie 'on the whole' unironically. But many people enjoy bits and pieces of it and enjoy seeing the trainwreck unfold as all these haphazardly AAA pieces of nostalgia collide.
If you can't enjoy something because it's stupid than it isn't for you.

It was unironically great. People are mad the movie is its own thing and not just a game where you don't play

DK'94 takes place in New Donk City, not the "real world"

As a Mario film? fucking horrendous.
As a strange sci-fi adventure made in the 90's? It's unironically fucking awesome.

SMB, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat are three films I could watch back to back once a year, and never tire of. They are great films in their own right, even if SF is only for the cheese/laugh factor.

But for fuck sake, the amount of effort that went into those three films was insane, when you think about it in 90's terms. Same with Demolition Man, Last Action Hero, and Judge Dredd. That alone is enough to love them unconditionally for.

For a licensed film it’s heavily creative. And they workaround about how different the movie is to the source material is really clever. The Mario Bros’ Story gets turned into the games.

Is it creative? It basically was rewritten between scenes and had multiple directors. I think people are mistaking a campy bad mess into creativity.

The movies of Mario, SF, and MK are all defined by their villain. Carrey as Eggman will probably continue this tradition.

Fucking journalists lmao

Albino and Wells represent the arcade days of the Mario Bros perfectly

The sets are amazing and the alternate history reptile world is legitimately interesting

Speaking of Mario Movies, what does Yea Forums think of the 400+ page script for a Mario Movie written by Max Landis, son of John Landis? I have read about 1/3 of it over the course of a very boring day years ago. It's very telling of what else Landis would eventually create.

It's interesting, but is it explored in literally any meaningful way by the movie?

The movie has one of the better aesthetics I've seen than most other films.

>Big Bertha wasn't a giant fish with her babies in her mouth, but a BBBW

It's alright as it's own thing but as a Mario adaptation, yeah it's pretty terrible

Attached: allthree_with_hands.jpg (640x452, 54K)

Nah, its a good adaptation.

No, it's fun, my sister and I have a blast watching it at least once every few months

Prince of Persia is a fun PotC esque adventure movie that had some of the last visible setwork in mainstream movies.
SIlent Hill was a decent horror movie in the context of horror being a terrible genre with very few exceptions anyway.
Surely I'm not the only person who at least found PoP fun

He was the hottest one in that movie. youtube.com/watch?v=cHAXgogNmKM

>alternate history reptile world is legitimately interesting
This, but let me explain my love for the movie: I was neutral to it personally, only having watched it once as a kid and then again as an adult. I did like it as a kid, but as an adult, I really appreciated how despite the live-action setting, they nailed a lot of the elements from the games.
>Mario 3 corridors
>Kuribo's Shoe
>Bob-ombs are devices that are legitimately destructive on a wide scale
>Goombas are reptilian with small heads and it works given how limited the games' graphics and established lore was
>Koopas are a gang of misfits with reptilian features, going to your point about the ancient reptile evolving into that world's humans. I've always loved shit like that and seeing it in a Mario movie only hooked me further
>The Mushroom Kingdom is covered in fungus which is actually the king of that city, who is the father of Princess Toadstool
>Going by SMW, the entire world consisted of dinosaurs and evolution took its course like ours, but with dinosaurs
>Big Bertha being a big woman in a red dress
>That one lady who was with Koopa with the blue dress who had a really nice ass
>Mario and Luigi in general
>Yoshi was more or less that world's equivalent of a dog
I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. This was also when NSMB was at its peak with NSMB2 and NSMBU and by then, anything different was a breath of fresh air.

Attached: 1450023632303.png (586x371, 299K)

A reminder that Miyamoto is on record saying he liked the movie but felt it was too much like the video games.

Attached: shigeru-miyamoto1.jpg (1000x563, 314K)

The same people made 20 Minutes Into the Future, which explains a lot of the look and feel but the Directors were so universally reviled by the cast and crew that it forged lifetime friendships out of said hatred. Still an interesting film for the sheer goofy spectacle of it

Best part of the movie

I think it is pretty imaginative and unique. I like it. A very weird take on Super Mario, but also fun.

He said he liked it because it wasn't like the games. Dude's had a near life-long dislike of making films because he can't separate his "I'd rather play this and direct myself than be curated" that only sort-of broke when he helmed the Pikmin shorts. That said I still wouldn't expect the new Mario film to make a straight adaptation of any games

In a way he's right, the Mario references were very shoehorned.

Shit, almost forgot:
>Had Daisy as the main girl, despite Peach being the main female of the series, even having her in an action oriented role by the end of the movie
I gotta rewatch it, I really enjoyed it for what it was.

Attached: 1475682673067.jpg (600x752, 39K)

K O O P A
I
N
O

I had to do a double take when you said Donkey Kong 94. Without the apostrophe on the 94, I was worried I stepped into an alternate reality.

It was alright. I probably won't ever watch it again but it was a "fun" romp.

With how he’s perceived now, I imagine devito more as Wario

it's pretty dumb but I can't not like a cheesy cyberpunk flick starring Bob Hoskins, John L., and Dennis Hopper.

It's actually a harsh critique on how the reptilian overlords(space jews) have infilitrated our society and are destroying it. Prove me wrong faggots

>That part when Wendy swallows the little eel in the wine glass while it begs for mercy

Tickled my vore fetish

youtube.com/watch?v=TKLw_Fm3tqg

youtu.be/CPiHmqeAe_Q?t=251

Personally its certainly WAY better than whatever the fuck Uwe Book was doing. The character interaction is entertaining, the visuals look very impressive for a 90s movie, and the characters themselves are basically on point to what I'd imagine they'd be if they were real people

But its main setback is that it doesn't resemble scat about Super Mario. I can assure you most die hard Nintendo fans and gamers in general will HATE what this movie does with the source material.

Basically its a Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts type deal. Great fun movie, its just an awful Mario movie.

I enjoy it, but I will admit it is a bad film.

The only good scene in DP was the Mr. Mime scene. It was the only one where it felt like they were doing something clever with the world and concept instead of just making a weird fantasy movie that happened to have recognizable characters.

The club scene was neat too just for the fact that the dubstep wubs were coming from Loudred instead of speakers.

Felt like it was the world of Pokemon to me, and an adaptation of the video game Detective Pikachu as well. Sorry that it wasn't Ash and friends fart around as they wander the land for badges for the gorillionth time.

How aggressive.

>Disney film
Yes

You'll deal with it.

My point was that the world felt like it had pokemon tacked onto it instead of them being organic to it, brainlet-kun. Like, the games have factories where the electricity is provided by electric pokemon. Just little shit like that where it feels like they have a place. Whereas in the movie, there’s just... pokemon hanging out in alleys. They walk around the streets and do vague animal things. The only scenes which really gave them a place among human society were the club scene, and the various mentions of the big tournament battles. Both of which revolve around fighting.

Like, where do the pokemon live? In this city touted as a place where humans and pokemon are equal, why are there just packs of pokemon that seem to live on the streets? Do they rent apartments? How? Do they have jobs? Are they more like pets? They call them “partners” and don’t keep them in pokeballs, so I figure they’re like pets, but then I don’t see how they’re “equal.” The movie has very little worldbuilding to integrate the pokemon into human society, so you can only lean on info from the games or anime for support.

It was a huge tax scheme, Uwe would get video game licenses for cheap, make the movies for cheap, and when the movies flopped he would write it off on his taxes

Vidya movie craze in the mid 00s combined with poorly written German movie subsidies/tax laws. Notice how he suddenly stopped doing them? Germany changed their laws to prevent his gaming their system.

Probably every Uwe Boll movie.

>Miyamoto said that he admired the fact it actually took risks.
There's no way he said that, just look at the mario series before Odyssey, or the Paper Mario series after Super Paper Mario, or pretty much everythinghe's worked on for the past 10 years

This is the second movie that I saw in an actual movie theater. I fucking love it. It's such a fucking trainwreck, and it gave us Mario and Luigi's last name: Mario. I have heavy nostalgia for it, but even without it I can enjoy it. Give it a watch OP. I wish someone had the idea of making a documentary about everything that went down behind the scenes while Bob Hoskins was still alive. The amount of vitriol he has for this movie and its' 'directors' is amazing.

It is if nothing else a unique movie, though unique doesn't mean good.

Street Fighter was an overrated piece of shit that had nothing to do with the source other than the “Guile vs Bison” stuff.

Out of all the living species on Earth we share a most common ancestor with 'em so I chalk it up to budget constraints.

I liked the part where the staff dude aims a laser point to Mario and Luigi's heads and they think they are going to be shot. Turns out its just a photo

Attached: kek.png (357x241, 163K)

Yeah, you're thinking WAY too hard about this.

Sorry I figured maybe people who make multi million dollar films were paid to think about things and put effort in lol

I just remembered I have the rifftrax of this movie. Maybe I should watch it tonight.

I'd be lying if I said my favorite role of his wasn't Eddie Valiant, even if that is kind of the pleb choice. He played that role so perfectly.

Its a very comfy movie. I liked it as a kid. Of course i thought it was incredibly bizzare, but ive always had fond memories of it. Ill watch it again tonight, thank you user.

>Shitty ass movie get released.
>It's almost entirely filmed on Canada.

Day of rake when?

Attached: 1543796926765.png (112x128, 34K)

It's not a good movie, anyone who says otherwise doesn't really understand anything about filmmaking. It is however a fascinating movie and honestly you could write a boom on how many examples these movies has on what not to do when making a film.

It was because of a loophole in the German tax code iirc.

There are unironically worse movies. I enjoy watching the movie on the same level as watching The Room. It is enjoyable to watch because of just how far off it is from the source material and how poorly made the movie is at certain parts is that I can't help but laugh at it. I understand why the actors involved hated it, but to me is is another piece of cheesy cinematic history.

>not mentioning Zangief
youtube.com/watch?v=iYW5rmQgGXE

Attached: 1392939349435.jpg (200x178, 9K)

where the actual shit can I see this movie

Germany, actually

>I enjoy watching the movie on the same level as watching The Room.
I agree but I enjoy them for entirely different reasons. SMB is fun because it's a fucking trainwreck and everyone behind it knew it. The Room is fun because it was made by a person who simply doesn't understand anything about how films have been made in the last 90 years.

I heard his small budget films he's been making since actually aren't bad, though a bit exploitative.

I'm really curious to see how they going do mario movie in 2022 considering that shiggy is downright autistic with mario stories.

I mean, Rosalina storbook literally got nuked on galaxy 2 for no reason.

Attached: 1533941448265.png (276x336, 161K)

My only complaint with it is that there isn't a proper final fight between them and T Rex King Koopa. Otherwise it's a fun watch

Attached: smb movie bowser.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

>I still think that SF it was Tuesday line is pretty good.

Attached: b2f.jpg (680x447, 26K)

He plays a really good villain in Unleashed/Danny The Dog.

As an adaptation for Mario it is fucking terrible, but by its own merits its actually a very entertaining movie. I can't criticize them too hard for what they did with little they had with whatever "lore" the Mario franchise had at the time though. I don't know how you could've have adapted something as abstract into the big screen effectively but I was impressed by the amount of creativity they had to make it work. Only Nintendies and Americans hated it, the reception was more positive in Japan.

Attached: 1558501915917.png (500x500, 406K)

Would a sitcom with the Mario Brothers working a washout plumbing business, with Peach and Daisy on-and-off-again grilfriends and a shit-ass neighbor Bowser work

Jesus christ Yea Forums actually likes this movie?

Since when have you guys had such great taste?

youtube.com/watch?v=c5S0v_lrGlg
>several of the dancers in this scene were strippers and keep trying to take off their tops

Not really, but I rather watch Double Brap Dragon

forgot pic

Attached: hottie-alyssa-milano-double-dragon.jpg (1600x900, 123K)

is it EU region only? that's the only blu ray I can find anywhere

Were those things addressed in the game? Are they addressed in the anime? In the other games? Is it really so important to know where Pokemon in a city live and sleep?

The cocaine budget was huge

holy shit

No. It's worse.

>Ended the couple who director's marriage
w-what

Bullshit.

>Literally just rabid autistic tendie bois REEEEEE'd

Attached: Bob Hoskins On SMB.jpg (624x162, 52K)

The directors were a married couple, but they fought like hell on set. They divorced after (or during, I forget) the movie was finished.

Thank you for proving my point.

Tunnel Rats was actually pretty good and I actually recommend it.

In a weird bit of irony, that movie got a game adaptation

I love it!

Nobody did that you lying faggot.
The Super Mario Brother movie is great!

Bob Hoskins isn't a rabid, autistic fanboy.

they divorced like 10 years after the film was made

>Bob Hoskins
Ironically good cast

That movie sounds fucking hot.

Region B only

what doesn't help is Disney owning the North American rights to the movie, which is probably preventing the films Blu ray release here

Same thing with The Straight Story

>Very little about it feels generic.
That's one way to put it

whats the worst video game movie?

House of the Dead II was fucking awful, I haven't seen worse than that but there's probably something out there.

Beyond: Two Souls

I liked it as a kid, and I've rewatched it semi recently and I still liked it as an adult. It never bothered me that it was so different from the games. Even as kid I knew a movie about Mario jumping on goombas and walking right would have sucked.
Sure it's got problems but the only thing that annoyed me was the sequel bait ending. Cool setting, good actors not giving a fuck, fun set pieces. It deserves to be remembered a bit more favourably than it is.
I think the well documented production problems lead too many sheep to blankly assume that the movie is a dumpster fire. I think a similar thing happened with The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen which is clumsy but has a lot of cool things going for it.

Alone in the Dark, simply for attempting to make me suspend my disbelief that Tara Reid had a PhD and was an archaeologist.

Yes, it's god-awful, but on the other hand it's the kind of campy as fuck full-on fever dream shit that garners a cult following you can't really begrudge.

Wing Commander
Mortal Kombat Annihilation
Anything that Uwe Boll has made

>I think the well documented production problems lead too many sheep to blankly assume that the movie is a dumpster fire
But of course it's only sheep who think that anything is bad.

The Order: 1886

It's even wilder if you read it as John McCain like I did

does that go for every ice age movie?

Also this

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve26GpPDTgY

No it's top tier

Thank you Bob Hoskins, but your Oscar is in another movie.

Attached: FRvFaPP.jpg (504x639, 32K)

Attached: 91FKzwDfrVL.jpg (1059x1500, 268K)

I wonder what Ray Park is up to these days.

Nobody would complain if the villain and goons didn't look so far off

This came out and dissolved like a cube of sugar.

I think on it's own, it's okay. But watching it with the mindset that these are supposed to be Mario characters makes it absolutely fucking hilarious.

People think I'm fucking crazy but I unironically liked the super marios movie even though it has NOTHING to do with the vidya.

Not even trying to be contrarian but I thought it was a fun watch. They referenced shit from the games which I doubt the Sonic movie will do much.

Silent Hill was dumb. It wasn't even funny bad, it just wasn't scary.

HEY PAESANOS!

>tfw saw this IN THEATERS
T. Oldfag

Attached: 1534889570961.jpg (474x474, 17K)

Attached: john-leguizamo-signed-8x10-photo-42.gif.jpg (814x1029, 503K)

Attached: 94353-1532336916.jpg (640x360, 32K)

IT'S A BOB OOOOOMB

I don't think I ever saw this on theaters ever, they reran the movie on TV a year later. I liked it very much back then because of bob hoskins in Who framed roger rabbit being one of my all time favorite movies.

>Is it good?
No.
Is it fun?
Absolutely.

As unfaithful to the source material as it is, it's a really interesting adaptation, and an entertaining watch.

I kinda prefer the Dennis Hooper movie where he put a bob-omb on a bub-us.

Leguizamo is creepy enough to play Violator but for whatever reason it just doesn't work here.

A bomb!

Attached: JC Denton WHOA.jpg (126x125, 2K)

when hooper says"...bobomb..."
I quote that and people yelling bob-omb when I play mario kart.

I'm more concern with the original anime and EoE. I think ADV held onto the anime too, but now Netflix is redubbing it. As for EoE, and I guess D&R, I have no clue why we were stuck with shitty out of print letterboxed DVDs, and no Blurays since Manga released it. But the DVD menus are pretty fucking awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=ay174Yvnx7s

Hooolyyy shiiit.

100% realistic Yoshi was too much. I mean even koopas are goombas were kinda silly in a cartoonish way but Yoshi was a literal raptor.

It’s a campy movie with a lot of heart. Pretty much the best video game movie adaptation.