Any mods to make this not a soulless piece of trash?

Any mods to make this not a soulless piece of trash?

Attached: BDDC92DA-D7E5-47A8-951B-AA79B5D5FF95.png (960x540, 130K)

Play Rune Factory instead

Depends on what you mean by soulless.

Is this game hilarious with a friend? I want to be able to fuck up a friend's crops and set his house on fire.

no you literally can't troll at all

Seasonal outfits gives it more soul.

shit, hard pass then

it's hilarious when you play with a group of friends. you can destroy their crops, move shit around, name your kids and yourself something funny. it isn't that hard to have fun in a game when you're playing with others.
>literally can't troll at all
yeah there are ways you nerd

Why does everyone say this game is good when it really isn't?
I played it, and I hated it, and this is coming from someone who loved the Harvest Moon and Runefagtory series.

Attached: 1513180255049.png (706x412, 278K)

They haven't played HM or RF. Or just have shit taste.

It was ok, kind of lacking but I wouldn't say it's bad.

Probably because it's the only HM clone available on PC if you don't count fan-games and emulation which are both very niche.

I think some people love HM/RF so much they're just happy that there's a spiritual successor on PC, even if it's not quite as good, no need to trash talk it. ;3;

Attached: 50c2734f4cac9a1ed7090d6fe1059baa020177b8.png (750x900, 865K)

Play Rune Factory

Attached: __electra_rune_factory_oceans_and_etc_drawn_by_sato_chacha__f7cb01fc27c003db9d00a8d782b8aa91.jpg (680x700, 372K)

FPBP.
Rune Factory injects Japanese high-number-loving genes into it and makes the combat slightly more than one-click shittery.

That being said, the characters are all weeboids. Stardew Valley's characters aren't that much better despite not being translated abominations, though.

Dunno. If they have to play one of these casual farming games I don't know why they don't go with Farm Together, it looks cuter.

>Liking one game means you can't like another game
It's grognards like you that poison this hobby.

>stardew valey
>soulless

typical no attention span phoneposter.

Agreed. Harvest Moon and Rune Factory are niche. Stardew got a lot of buzz and so a wider audience discovered the farming genre. The characters and the look of the base game, perhaps also the town layout prevent Stardew from competing with, for instance, BTN or FOMT. It DOES mean that Rune Factory will continue though. Any news on the Switch release?

what are the best coop/multiplayer management/dungeon crawler sims? I don't know what the fuck you call this genre.

I wouldn't mind less town stuff and more loot and dungeon crawling. I've played a lot of single player games that are similar, I just dunno any multiplayer ones. I'd prefer more focus on the dungeon half and less on daily tasks like picking up truffles and putting them in a box.

>soul
>soulless
how to spot a child on Yea Forums

>Any news on the Switch release?
5 won't be ready until at least april 2020
You still won't be able to marry Ventuswill, but one of the new modes will let you see a new side of her.

I really like this whole game's atmosphere, the quirky but semi-realistic protagonists, great artstyle...
But the ressource managing, minmaxing nature of the game triggers my autism so I have to take breaks from it once in a while. This is the reason I still haven't completed it.
That said, multiplayer looks like fun, shame none of my friends play this game.

Attached: 50 player server.jpg (2880x2496, 3.94M)

What am I looking at here? Is that a multiplayer map or something?

>filename
Yeah, some modded server that I found on the steeam community. They managed it so every player has their own money and crops don't wither. I saved it because the map looks awesome but I'd rather play the game with one or two friends. Much comfier this way.

Anyone looking forward to this game? Looks fun imho.

Attached: frontier story_2.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Attached: frontier story.png (1248x768, 46K)

this the basic farming, foraging, and woodcutting gameplay is ok though
it's really the world and the awkwardly added combat + magic and cave stuff that isn't appealing
were somebody to mod it into a completely different setting it could be much better

Attached: frontier story.webm (876x706, 2.16M)

>I really like this whole game's atmosphere, the quirky but semi-realistic protagonists, great artstyle...
bizarre opinion
don't get the draw for playing multiplayer in this game. Were farming and all of that more labor intensive and there were other stuff going on I could kind of see it but otherwise I don't

>animefag has shit taste
Color me surprised

>charming as fuck art style
sold.

the "have sex" mod

would prefer one with a classic western isometric RPG style with more intensive agricultural and economic gameplay

>charming as fuck
>shitty bug-eyed weeb chibishit characters

Attached: 1404710803089.jpg (243x367, 9K)

Does the base game still do retarded things, like having fences constantly degrade? Haven't played in years. I know a mod fixes it, but it's such a stupid thing that it shouldn't need a mod to fix it.

dilate

Step aside

Attached: ss_9533ec3b7abd3300e9873dcd0d2bd5794a8fe54b.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.18M)

Based. Give it a better art style for characters/animals, then either specialize in one part of the game (agriculture/economy or combat) or actually flesh out every feature (unlike SV).

Attached: FULL MAST.jpg (320x283, 22K)

yes

looks kind of cool outside of that playermodel

Is this shit out of alpha yet? I bought it at release and regret the fuck out of playing this autistic grindfest simulator.

Imagine Minecraft, but you have two intermediary steps between turning wood into planks that take multiple days worth of energy to actually convert between. Fuck this shit. I wanted to love the concept.

I heard the zombie automation patch helps, but is it really half as good as any other farming sim game? I haven't played an original Harvest Moon, but Rune Factory 4 > Stardew Valley.

Attached: 1386996538118.jpg (225x235, 17K)

Well that depends on your friend. I had a friend that really cared about how his house looked so I'd randomly take shit from his house and put it in the other friends house.

Personally I think she was one of the worst girls in Oceans, but Adenbowl had very good competitors.

If you fuck with your friends crops, you are inadvertently fucking yourself over because you share the wealth, dumbass.
This is about the only thing you can do but most of the furniture sucks anyway.

like complex economic stuff in games
would be neat were there fluctuations in market prices for goods and famines and droughts, war, etc. and the player could become a larger scale landowners with tenant farmers
or other things like get into shipping or become a merchant, or have a trade and open a shop
basically a completely different game than Stardew Valley or Harvest moon

Tell me, what does this game lack that makes games like RF so much better?

You can even get the game on phone though.

I keep seeing people mention Rune Factory in these threads, I was interested in picking up Stardew on switch but if Rune Factory is that kind of game I might pick it up. It's a farming game as well?

I, and most people from what I've seen, find the town, characters, and setting completely uninteresting
combat isn't well integrated into the core farming game or even the "storyline" as it were

Yep. If you want, you can play everything in order of release, but don't play RF1 and RF2 before anything else. RF3 was a breakthrough with so much QoL changes that first two games are almost unplayable.

Sounds like you need a management game, not a direct farming game.

Ever tried Anno 1404? Maybe even an idle clicker?

yeah also the Guild 2
would prefer it more in a RPG structure though have never found quite what I'm looking for
the Guild 2 is close but it's kind of a shit game in practice all things considered

Game looks like shit.
Soulless as fuck.
Never coming out.

I've played RF3 for the first time recently after shitloads of hours in Stardew.
Pretty darn good in a lot of respects. RPG shit is simple but satisfying, the interaction with townsfolk is great (even just the simple details like being greeted depending on the time of day before the regular dialog rolls out).

The farming is fucking SHIT by comparison though which kind of feels bad. No designing or optimization really besides soil quality.
Cooking is way better at least, pissed me off just how pointless it felt in Stardew, especially when recipes had less value than the sum of the parts

Are you interested more in farming or is the life sim thing in general what you want? If it's the former, give SV a try. RF fans are good people usually but they are completely obnoxious when it comes to understanding some people don't want a JRPG shoved into their farm sim. Seriously guys, do you have to barge into every HM thread?

This. Rune Factory is a JRPG, the actual farming aspect is terrible.

This.
Rune Factory sucks as a farming sim.

I was more interested in the farming side of things, so I'll probably grab Stardew then. thank you for letting me know.

>this is coming from someone who loved the Harvest Moon and Runefagtory series.

well this is why. it's not a weeb game.

I suppose you're right. I should've told OP to try out Harvest Moon in general instead of just RF. Besides the farming being kinda lackluster in RF, there's also the fact that the anime vibe might not be to everyone's liking

no
the multiplayer is incredibly half assed and was clearly just made so turbonormie couples could play together

>ignoring good games because "lol weeb" or "lol western"

Attached: 1505199468033.jpg (300x300, 21K)

>grindfest keeper
surprisingly manages to be even worse and more boring

welcome to half of Yea Forums

>implying it's not just fatluses and redditors
Wait, it is half of Yea Forums.

Attached: 1531174932166.png (342x310, 98K)

Trannies love chibi shit though

exactly

>dev literally spent years of his life learning how to code and draw to make this game
>soulless
and this is how a buzzword is born
don't get me wrong, it's still a shallow chore simulator trying to bank on the lack of good recent harvest moon games, you're just bad at expressing your opinion

That's not a problem to a gamer.

Attached: file.png (539x297, 423K)

It was a pretty alright farming game. I think you're just missing the waifu aspect of rune factory, which was more of a chore to me than any other part of the game. It's more of an afterthought in stardew valley

no, it's a fucking chore simulator. the only way you can "troll" is by destroying crops which has to be deliberate to happen constantly
the game is tedious enough as it is, if you're gonna deliberately shit on what little progression you make daily you may as well just tell him the truth, that you don't want to play this shit game