Reminder that the first Dark Souls is still the best of all of them...

Reminder that the first Dark Souls is still the best of all of them. It will and currently is going down as one of the most iconic video games to ever be released in history. Anyone who disagrees with this is a true blue faggot.

Attached: 81X+38uxBqL._SX342_.jpg (342x396, 21K)

I agree

Attached: 1558200504447.png (589x705, 192K)

It's the most influential of the Dark Souls games, yes. It may even be the best of them. It isn't better than BB. Claiming otherwise is literally ignoring any reasonable comparison of the games.

>It isn't better than BB
It is. BB has a drop in quality in its second half comparable to Dark Souls, has way less thematic variety (almost all the areas in BB feel the same), enemy variety, variety in level design, doesn't have a seamless world like Dark Souls etc....

God tier
Bloodbourne > Demons > Dark

Good tier
Dark Souls 3 > (sekiro)

Gosh, it's alright I guess tier
Dark Souls 2

Bloodborne will not go down as iconic as Dark Souls did you SNOYfag.

>Bloodborne has a drop in quality in its second half comparable to Dark Souls
No, it doesn't. The second half of BB is god-tier, while it's pure shit and unfinished trash in Dark Souls. Thematic consistency is better than arbitrary, boring environments with no soul. Enemy variety is better because the enemies are better, better levels too with superior versions (better DLC, better forest, better castles, etc). The world is also seamless, and comes together better because the ideas and world design is objectively superior to "item descriptions are lore!"

It's not as iconic, but it's certainly better than Dark Souls.

>but it's certainly better than Dark Souls.

It really isn't.

Demon Souls is the best, Bloodborne and Dark Souls are close seconds and I could see an argument to be made for either being better than the other.
3 is okay, kind of like the equivalent of a best hits album, 2 isn't worth discussing. Sekiro is great but it's too different to really be compared to the souls games IMO.

I agree, but BB is still far behind. Probably the best games published in the last 40 years

And before some faggot says it, Demon Souls and Bloodborne not being on PC is the worst part about those games.

The quality drop in BB is nowhere near the over crazy random quality in Dark Souls 1.
BB's worst levels aren't anywhere near dogshit like Crystal Caves, Great Hollow, Catacombs, Demon ruins, Lost Izalith, Ash Lake, Valley of Drakes, etc. Yes, Nightmare of Mensis and Frontier are shit... but they don't come close to bad Dark Souls 1's levels.
Do they have less thematic variety? Yes. This makes the world more cohesive instead of the shoddy patchwork Dark Souls 1 feels like where filters change as you cross over imaginary lines.
There are MORE enemy types in BB.
the level design is better.
The bosses are better.
The music is better (actual recorded instruments).
The weapons are better.
The combat is better.
The atmosphere is better.
The game balance is better (where Dark Souls 1 is a completely broken joke with things like ranged, poise, BSes, shields, etc).

>The second half of BB is god-tier
It's not. From the Forest of Copy Pasted Snake-Balls and RE4 Rip-Offs onwards the game noticeably feels like sewn-together assets, and all of the bosses are underwhelming (other than the final boss).
>The world is also seamless
I mean "seamless" in the sense that levels are interconnected. Bloodborne does this partially, but dilutes it with a Demon's Souls-style hub world. Dark Souls' interconnected world is far more fleshed out. I don't care about lore

Of course not. But it will go down as better. Dark Souls 1 is 'normies choice'. When you actually analyze the games, it's obvious Bloodborne is better in almost every respect.

>Ash Lake
>shit
You're an idiot bro

>DeS in god tier
Nostalgia is powerful, man, but try to be objective. It's good, without a doubt, but it's incredibly short and chalk full of bosses with one very specific strategy or gimmick.
Also, I neversay this, but holy fuck does it need a remake. It runs and looks like absolute dogshit on PS3.

>There are MORE enemy types in BB.
Yeah but it easily has the worst enemy types in the series

Frontier I can understand, but I don't get the hatred for Mensis

Let's take the second half of both games. Bloodborne from Rom, and Dark Souls from Ornstein and Smough. That leaves:
>Yahar'gul
>Nightmare of Mensis
>Nightmare Frontier
>Upper Cathedral Ward
>Cainhurst Castle
>Hunter's Nightmare
>Research Hall
>Fishing Hamlet

And for Dark Souls:
>Pitch-black nothing to see Tomb of the Giants that takes less than five minutes
>Duke's Archives and boring two-second crystal cavern
>Crappy lava with recycled bosses and dragon butts into the worst boss fight in the series
>New Londo Ruins
>Royal Wood
>Oolacile Township
>Another empty cave with nothing in it
>Painted World of Ariamis

No matter how you look at it, BB has a better finale with some of the best levels in the entire game. Bloodborne's START is the weak part, not its ending. It has a better hidden level AND better DLC. It's also not full of bad gimmicks and crappy boss fights.

Hot take: DS1 is just as shit as the sequels

>The game balance is better

Oh please fag its got shockwaves like any other Souls game does.

>straight line with nothing in it that's clearly incomplete
>"DUDE MY ATMOSPHERE!"
"no"
>Yeah but it easily has the worst enemy types in the series
As opposed to fucking hollows? The enemies in BB are creepy. Shit like the tickmen, bugmen, madmen are not only freaky looking, they actually pose a threat to the player.
Nothing in Dark Souls 1 can do fuck all to pews or shields and the only actual dangerous enemy is giant bone dogs.

>all of the bosses are underwhelming
This was really striking to me when I finally got my hands on a PS4. The base game bosses are all piss easy. The DLC is brutal and challenging but I chalk the difficulty meme of BB up to zoomers who never played anything prior to it.

Ranged, shields, poise, and backstabs are broken like nothing in BB. Dark Souls 1 shits itself if you even take advantage of basic shit in the game.

>It isn't better than BB
When will this meme die? I can't remember a single boss from Bloodborne and it played it within the last 12 months. I can remember every Dark Souls boss and I haven't played it for at least three years.

>Bloodborne's START is the weak part, not its ending
You couldn't be more wrong.
>It has a better hidden level
The Cainhurst Castle interior sections suck dick. Just big rooms with ghost ladies and midget snipers on book shelves over and over. The Painted World is way better. Upper Cathedral Ward is also not good, it's a just a big chamber with wolves and cthulu-head guys

Also all those Dark Souls levels are good except for Demon Ruins/Izalith.

Now compare this to DaS1, where literally every boss is a joke besides a few and all the levels are like this.

Crystal Caves, Great Hollow, Catacombs, Demon ruins, Lost Izalith, Ash Lake, Valley of Drakes are all shit breh
they're all copy-pasted enemies too, just like Tomb, Archive, New Londo, etc.

Except they're not, and Dark Souls on average has better level design than BB (although the very best levels in BB are better than Dark Souls', but there's only like two)

Crystal Caves, Great Hollow, Catacombs, Demon ruins, Lost Izalith, Ash Lake, Valley of Drakes are all bad bro. They're worse then Mensis/Frontier.
Dark Souls 1's peak bosses don't even touch mid-tier BB bosses like Logarius. Logarius has more moves, phases, better music with dynamic changes recorded with real instruments, etc. Basically, a bunch of shit no Dark Souls 1 boss has.

If Dark Souls second half was as good as it's first half than I'd agree with you
Bloodborne is good the whole way through though and the DLC is literally one of the best of all time.
Not saying Artorias isn't cool but Old Hunters has EVERYTHING going for it

Attached: 1431436114713.png (1800x1013, 1.83M)

I think I've bumped into you before. The way you always insist on those levels being bad, shit like Valley of the Drakes even though it's clearly just a transitional area connecting the world... I'm sorry man but you're just wrong. If you can't appreciate the beauty of something like Ash Lake then it's your loss.

Logarius is a good boss, though. It's just a shame the rest of BB's bosses in the second half aren't so good (except the final one)

>BB>Everything
Here we go again

>Bloodborne is good the whole way through
It's not.
The only Souls game I could honestly say has a consistent quality is Demon's Souls

>Underwhelming
Good boss fights in the second half of Bloodborne:
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
>Amygdala
>Ebrietas
>Martyr Logarius
>Ludwig (one of the best fights in the entire series of games)
>Living Failures
>Lady Maria
>Orphan of Kos (another of the best fights in the entire series of games)

Good boss fights in second half of Dark Souls:
>Artorias
>Manus
>Gwyn

Don't kid yourself.

demon's and bloodborne are good. the dark souls rehashes are trash and miss the point

Cainhurst has a better visual design than Painted World, better boss fight, better intro and lore, and has a hidden covenant.

>Cainhurst has a better visual design than Painted World
Does it fuck
Painted World has way better level design, as well

Ash Lake has nothing but recycled enemies in it, and serves no purpose but to end a boring quest and hold a covenant. It doesn't even have a boss, so it's hardly a level. If you like it so much, the Altar of Despair in BB is superior since it actually has an original enemy. Hell, just going through the Chalice Dungeons to the bottom is superior.

>Good boss fights in the second half of Bloodborne:
>Posts every boss in the game excluding chalice dungeon bosses
That's some bias you have there

You don't get to say "well, those areas don't count" because of "reasons" if you're talking about overall level quality. I just don't bite down on that.
As for Ash Lake, I would say it has excellent atmosphere (and this is what most people like about it) but it's also very linear and shitty. They should have made in a non-level, but instead it's half-finished. I can appreciate what people like about Ash Lake while acknowledging it's not good.

I like BB a tad better than Das but Painted World is one of the best levels in the entire series. It almost feels like a Des level.

Ash Lake is purely a short little stop that gives the player a wonderful insight into the world they're been playing in for so long. The only area comparable in Bloodborne is finding the the workshop

They're both weak lads. Cainhurst is wayyyyy to fucking long and there are too many open rooms while Painted World is a shitty nonsensical test level.

Dark 1 is fucking shit out of all of them mate have you ever fucking played remaster to get a look at it? Even demons out fucking does it

>Le dark2 is bad meme

Nobody cares about your opinion multipayerfag your first cry is always abou soul memory

Attached: 1558921935058.jpg (570x350, 25K)

The Old Workshop and Byrgenwerth are both similar, but they both feel completed. Ash Lake doesn't. It feels very random and unfinished. That's the difference.
Ash Lake literally would have been a better level if they took the enemies out and made it a non-level like the others mentioned.

It does the whole solitary adventure better than any other game.
Finding a bonfire and chilling next to it after having went through some harrowing hardship is comfy af

Attached: Chosen_undead_artwork_2.png (1112x1280, 3.71M)

>It feels very random and unfinished.
It doesn't though. Aesthetically it's beautiful and the clear intent was for the player to find out about the dragon covenant. Complaining that "it's linear and there's no boss" doesn't make sense.

>Every boss in the game
Very dishonest. Here's what I left out that I thought could be arguably inferior:
>One Reborn, tower-knight-esque, but has bad hitboxes and is very easy
>Micolash, which is cheesy magic and tedious to do over and over
>Celestial Emissary, which is just a ton tiny aliens all at once.
>Chalice Dungeon bosses which are difficult for many players to reach and complete, even though the Pthumerian Descendants are high quality, as well as bosses like the Bloodletting Beast.
It's a sad state, since honestly the only good bosses in Dark Souls are:
>Gwyn
>Artorias
>Manus
>Sif
>Gargoyles
>Ornstein and Smough
>Quelagg

Actually it was the last one I played. Mechanically it falls short, but atmosphere and game design take it to another level. It is like a bands first album, lacking refinements but full of raw creative energy that the later games reeled in into tighter packages. Demons wasn't afraid to make mistakes and the whole experience feels fresher because of it.

Remake/master will be awesome. Jason scherier says it is happening.

>actual recorded instruments
This doesn't necessarily make it better.

But it is unfinished.
>Hydra just copy-pasted from Darkroot Basin
>Random clams from the Crystal Caves
>More randomly placed basilisks
>No boss fight
>Takes less than two-minutes to walk across it
There's nothing really thematic or interesting about it at all. It's also very generic mythology, and the only relation it has to anything is that you can see it from the Tomb of the Giants, another crappy level.

>real recorded instruments = better
Shit opinion. I like Bloodborne more too, but if the song sounds good who fucking cares what produced it.

absolutely agree

>HURR DARK SOULS 1 IS THE BEST, THAT'S WHY EVERYONE PLAYS IT AND NOT 2 OR 3
kek

Attached: nice playercount.png (724x438, 184K)

It's the area where you find out that the Hydra is a clam that can leap in the air, you can't see that anywhere else.
And the clams obviously fit because a) the Hydra is a clam and b) it's on an ash beach
The game has already shown to us that Basilsks inhabit tree trunks so that isn't really random
And there's no boss fight because that wouldn't make sense in the context of the level
>There's nothing really thematic or interesting about it at all.
You have no sense of imagination or aesthetics bro, I'm sorry

It was the best, before the DLC ruined the story and the PC release ruined the community. DeS and Bloodborne are the true patrician souls games.

Just checked on YouTube and I was wrong - the Hydra doesn't have a clam for its body. For some reason I remembered its head coming out of a giant clam... weird

Reminder that if you hate Dark Souls 3, every argument you can use against it can be attributed to Dark Souls 1.
Getting tired of people shitting on Dark Souls 3 because they never played Demon's Souls and didn't know what to expect.

Attached: 1552718266355.png (700x784, 294K)

>People actually think catacombs was shit
Fuck you catacombs is a great area. It legit feels like a little skelly town and it's actually pretty fun to explore. 3's uninspired version of the catacombs makes me fucken gag every time I go thru it.

>The hydra is a clam
There's no boss fight because it's a crappy level and Dark Souls is an unfinished, rushed game after Anor Londo.

If you want to talk about imagination and aesthetics, then it still stands that the Old Workshop is superior, along with EVERY other level in the game contributing to the astoundingly high-quality world of Bloodborne.

I just find it gimmicky that the music only starts when you look at the ceiling and there's literally nothing new in Ash Lake except a non-mobile dragon that does nothing and says nothing. Literally the equivalent of the Challenger's stone in Majula in Dark Souls 2.

>If you want to talk about imagination and aesthetics, then it still stands that the Old Workshop is superior
Bro it's just the hub world copy pasted
Nothing you post makes sense

Yeah Super Mario Bros. might be "the greatest game of all time" and have legendary status, but Super Mario Bros. 3 is still the better game behind all the shilling and disnformation.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Dark Souls III is the better game, but nostalgiafags will cling onto the "The first one will always be the best" maymay.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the music is simply a leftover from when that area was supposed to be a second hub.

>PC release ruined the community.
People say this isn't the case but it really is. Nobody was this much of a fucking faggot when the 360 version was out.
It was only when the PC release happened that Yea Forums turned into turbo faggotry mode regarding dark souls.
This happens every single time a game series I like comes out on PC. The fanbase devolves into primitive shitslinging.

Attached: loss.png (968x742, 898K)

There's nothing about Ash Lake, or its music, that would make you think that

i know that user

>Nostalgia is powerful, man, but try to be objective
Funny coming from someone saying Dark Souls isn't powered by nostalgia. Demon's Souls is objectively better.

When will Fromsoft learn that the poison lake/swamp is a shit idea.

Where did this meme even come from? Swamps aren't poisonous.

The team is taking another trip to bathe in their nearest poison swamp and gather more data on the mechanics of how slow you walk in it so their next game will include a few poison swamps as well.

Now that I have a proper gaming PC should I buy the Souls games? I've already beaten them to death on console.

Just like the hydra and clams are copy-pasted. Hell, the Old Workshop is harder to get to as well, and has more interesting things in it. It also relates better to the story since it's the real world equivalent of the dream. There's also the fact that the Hunter's Workshop in the dream has similar aesthetics to Ash Lake, but they're superior since it has a better soundtrack, world, and contains a boss and story.

First game has been around for longer and the remaster ended up being trash so it didn't reinvigorate the game enough for it to be revived again.

>speaking of Dark Souls
Has anyone here ever played King's Field for the PS1?
It's From Software's first game series and a precursor to the Souls serious.

>Yeah Super Mario Bros. might be "the greatest game of all time" and have legendary status, but Super Mario Bros. 3 is still the better game behind all the shilling and disnformation.

Except most people agree SMB3 is the best of the NES games dipshit.