Redpill me on Planescape Torment, is it a good game or outdated garbage?

Redpill me on Planescape Torment, is it a good game or outdated garbage?

Attached: Planescape Torment.jpg (800x964, 149K)

It's both.

its good. There's some weird shit and bugs but probably not enough to ruin it for you.

Its a must play for everyone who likes videogames, dont let anyone tell you otherwise

>is it a good game or outdated garbage?
HAHAHA
No, user, you're not gonna like it.

Really long 2deep4u dialogs, minimal combat (until late game), weird for the sake of being weird setting.

There isn't much actual gameplay, so it's mostly timeless.

Grab the remaster off Steam, it's got full HD UI + useful camera zoom feature.

It's one of those games we pretend to like for epic boomer points.

Attached: ass_sinful.jpg (1367x2048, 372K)

Gameplay is pretty shit, story and writing are good. There really isn't a good way of experiencing the story outside of the game. It's a good game but has limited appeal.

>remaster
Beamnigger shills must hang

Gameplay is jank but serviceable
Writing and atmosphere are very good

i didnt like it really because it forces you to play as a male
i didnt like the fallouts, or balders gates, or icewind dales either

i did like arcanum though, great game.

It's not a good game and lacks brevity in its writing. Basically the go-to choice for a 16 year old to pretend they're smarter than they actually are.

Don't bother with actually good games you retarded zoomer, you will NEVER get it even if you tried

Attached: im gone.jpg (448x419, 31K)

It's an adventure game in an engine that was made for RPGs. The writing is good.

It's a bad game (I mean, the core gameplay is bad- it's a dumbed down version of Baldur's Gate) with a good, good story that shines brighter the more you dig into it.

It's a truly old school RPG. The sort where you can talk to everyone and get some kind of a story out of them. I vaguely remember one interesting encounter- there's a woman you can speak to, who narrates everything going on around her like she's dictating a book. She, of course, claims that she's not describing things that are happening- they're happening because she is saying them. Beyond that, she had no story relevance whatsoever, maybe making an appearance as an extra in a sidequest at best.

If you forcefully attack her, however, she'd describe you being obliterated out of existence, which of course happens immediately, and is one of the more obscure ways to permanently die in that game.

These are my favorite games, do you think i would like Planescape?

Attached: view-image.php_file=.jpg (1144x881, 1.88M)

the endings are shit your choices don't fucking matter it's a waste of time

People say it's full of walls of text but the actual length of the dialogues is in line with other Infinity Engine games or the first two Fallouts.
It feels more verbose mostly because you actually want to talk with most npcs due to the information they might or might not have. The first half of the game is a mystery solving adventure, so you roam a lot and ask around often.
The combat's okay. It's definitely not unplayable but it's way more lightweight compared to the other D&D games. You have less spells, weapons, no skills to speak about. It's very straightforward, and that's what makes it dull down the line.
The companions are very striking, perhaps the second best part of the game other than its setting. You'd be hard pressed to find a more strange array of creatures in any other games. Story's good, maybe overrated but it's an enjoyable personal quest that doesn't touch upon too many cliches like world-ending threats or the hero's journey.
I'd recommend if you enjoyed any other isometric RPG from the era.

It's most enjoyable when you don't approach it as a game, but instead approach it as a cozy read by the fire.

Attached: 1554489061176.jpg (2400x3300, 2.68M)

You'll probably fall asleep playing it because it's so fucking boring and poorly written.

No, but judging by all of the bioware you would almost certainely love KOTOR 2

>bioshock instead of system shock

You'll never be a real boomer.

Playing it right now

>unique, cool setting
>decent atmospheric music
>decent characters
>good plot hook
>rpg mechanics aren't horrible like some older D&D games

system shock games have awful game play

This, Bioshock was objectively a masterpiece until Kevin Levine ruined the ending with the Fontaine bullshit

the ending will fucking shit on everything you do

Bioshock 1 is too flawed and rife with missed potential, 2 is the best shock game around.

Wrong.

Attached: System Shock.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

If you even have to ask...

>playing a video game with THAC0 in it

OP is 100% going to be on Yea Forums tomorrow bitching about how the game is overrated boomer trash. It's basically a VN dude, and it has a bunch of ridiculous build traps and stupid save-ruining bullshit to the point that you might as well just google builds right now, it's like how starting anything but small guns in Fallout 1 will screw most new players, but this problem is x10 worse in Planescape.

Also good luck understanding the story if you don't know D&D cosmology outside of the incorrect alignment memes, or have no idea who the Lady of Pain is.

Attached: logician.jpg (600x681, 79K)

Man that's awful. Easily one of the least enjoyable games I've played in my life.

And Bioshock is an awful rpg

>awful gameplay
>literally invented the mantling that modern FPS games like to copy

I know you'r just talking shit, but there are unironically people who think that.

And they generally believe "How a game controls" is what makes gameplay.

Bioshock literally isn’t a RPG

I don't think you played it.

Attached: System Shock EMP mishap.webm (640x480, 2.67M)

>wasting your flechette

Looks horrible, imagine being so poor that you grew up with this garbage instead of playing console games

A computer that could run System Shock at above 15 FPS would have cost more than double a SNES or Genesis in 1994.

I knew jack shit of the setting and I didn't have trouble with it. In the game most of the cosmology and the big players are explained to you, there's even classes in the Sensates hall to teach you about it if you want to go in-depth.
Also, the combat's so heavily streamlined that THAC0 and bad builds are almost a non issue. With the way your companions are preset they can solo the game for you.

>hating on THAC0
>probably uses OSR damage tables as well instead of doing the AD&D math

brainlet detected

It always weirds me out when I remember that donkey kong country 2 and mechwarrior 2 came out the same year.

Attached: 1550305283610.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

Bioshock isn't an RPG, no shock games are, least of all System Shock 1. What's your point?

I did many years ago, last time I played it was in 2015. It's still a boring game with shit enemy design, shit combat, shit level design. PC posers are the worst. Not because of the attitude they have, but because they hold up literal shit as a highlight of the genre or platform. Easily the most harmful to the industry.

Attached: ssp.png (609x222, 15K)

>Also good luck understanding the story if you don't know D&D cosmology outside of the incorrect alignment memes, or have no idea who the Lady of Pain is.
Literally all of this is explained to you in game if you spend even a scrap of your playthrough actually speaking to NPCs

There are maybe two games on that list that aren't moe shit

Seething

>Easily the most harmful to the industry.
Says the casual faggot who can't handle a real man's game.

It's the only well written game ever made.

>real man's game
>has to lean around corners to mouse 1 on an enemy that instantly hitscans him
play a real shooter, not that casual shit.

Attached: Powerslave-Saturn.webm (560x404, 2.94M)

Thanks for proving his point

>anything that doesn't give me my regular dopamine hits is shit.

Yea Forumscels actually believe planet escape tournament has good writing

>being this much of a weaboo
>having pleb shit like mass effect and uncharted
I'm sorry, but you won't be able to appreciate Planescape: Torment, even though it's a god tier game.
Don't play the game, and better yet, stop posting.

Powerslave is overrated as hell because its the only playable FPS on the Saturn that isn't a port running on the same engine.

Imagine being this mad that people like popular games

As someone who likes Planescape, please shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1551556665829.gif (360x207, 745K)

I played it last summer. First time I only went through a few hours and kind of stopped but I was distracted by other games, 2nd time I focused all my attention on it went through it and it's definitely worth it. I play mostly jrpgs but I played baldurs gate 1 before so it wasn't hard to get into the combat. On a side note, I finally am playing gothic 2 and enjoying it. I liked gothic 1 so idk why I put it off for 4 years.

oh, it's only the best RPG ever made
>inb4 seething contrarian fags

This, boomers only defend it is because most PC games suck & they have incredibly low standards for what makes a good game

>p-powerslave is overrated!
and system shit isn't? Nobody talks about Powerslave. Nobody even knows the name. For 12 years retarded children like yourself have been fellating system shit. It's never been good.

Holy shit i completed this game twice and never found that
Where is it

He's maybe over the line with mass effect, but uncharted? Come on now. It's the dictionary definition of a brainless linear post modern warfare corridor shooter with barely any mechanics to speak of.

The philosophy is the only reason worth playing it. You're just being contrarian to deny that it is well written. Stop being cock mongling hipsters you gay faggots.

>Yea Forums is so contrarian it is now at the point where they are calling P:T badly written
Damn, maybe you guys should stop breathing too, heard it was a pretty popular past time

Attached: 1556744744238.png (508x383, 14K)

System Shock deserves the praise it gets, Powerslave gets more than it deserves. It's that simple.

> Muh difficulty
Fuck off soulscuck, Uncharted 2 had amazing set piece levels, fun gameplay, loveable characters & great storytelling. Difficulty is a matter of preference, fedora fags wank over difficulty & use it to gatekeep when it’s not acclaimed because it’s “too difficult” for people to play

It's a great book, but a boring game.

It's not well written. It's verbose and dry.

Yea Forums seeks only one thing these days: Conflict for the sake of conflict. Why do you think every thread is some kind of outrage or twitter screencap or people bitching about politics or what have you? The contrarianism has grown so deep that video games are not what Yea Forums is about, but rather just a springboard for the board's REAL pastime: Arguing and trolling.

Attached: 3ounces.jpg (729x1081, 195K)

It's good enough that it gets a dedicated meme base that's been trying to shit on it for years and years.

>thinking he's criticizing the difficulty of the game
>immediately thinking he's a "soulcuck"
Embarrassing.

It plays like shit and the writing sucks ass. I don't get why this shitty game gets more attention than actual good crpgs like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale.

>It's not well written. It's verbose and dry.

Attached: 1532353643.jpg (640x430, 40K)

Nigga, you didn't say it was well written, you said it was the ONLY game that was well written. It's a cozy experience, but it's some master novel just because it makes vague passes at basic storytelling theming

Thisis the most Reddit shit I have ever seen.
A literal screenshot of reddit would be less reddit than this.
Cmon son.
If this is actually your """"taste"""" then you don't have taste, and you will hate PS:T.

Do you see difficulty referenced once in my post?

Yea Forums‘s collective taste is no different from Reddit, what does “Reddit taste” even mean?

Imagine being such an aspie that you think journal memes aren't playful jabs by fans

It's trash.

He likes Xenogears though.

This is the real redpill

>System Shock deserves the praise it gets,
Nah, it's a shitty sci-fi ultima underworld with awful feeling combat, terrible AI, shit level design, hideous visuals, god awful music. It's not a good game in any way. Utter trash. There's nothing redeeming about it.

Icewind Dale sucks ass. Just dungeon after dungeon of mooks, nonsensical story progression that's just an excuse to toss you into the next dungeon area, rest spamming and even a boss that uses invulnerable mirror images - cheating on the ruleset.
I had a feeling it was never that good, but the game's a bad DM's dream come true.

I was talking about the memesters that have been calling it shit and overrated for years now, relax.

>but it's some master novel just because it makes vague passes at basic storytelling theming
I didnt say it was a literary masterpiece, only that it is well written. I can see your reading comprehension is absolute shit.

>Remaster
Disregard this post, OP

For any noobs or zoomers who want to get into the infinity engine games it's actually the best one to start with, as the combat is the simplest and easiest. Then once you finish it you have some basis for Baldur's Gate and BG2, which get hard as fuck at points. Then if you happen to really like the combat in these games you can play Icewind Dale.

The fact you went so far as to insult even the music just confirms my suspension that you're just assmad about feeling left out for being unable to appreciate a game beyond your scope.

The music in the game is really bad. Why defend that of all things? Not gonna go on about how "ambitious" it was? How it was "one of the most" or "the first" or "started it all?"

SSfags are pathetic and close minded.

>only that it is well written.

You said that it was the only well written game. Implying that it is better than all other games in that regard, use some of that reading comprehension for your own posts. Your average slavjank is better written, PS:T is still good, but it is by no means the only well written game.

Best story and setting in a videogame ever tbqh

God forbid that given 20 years or so people come to not regard it as the holy grail of its genre, try reading a real book if you like the idea of being cultured so much

>SSfags are pathetic and close minded.

This is coming from the guy who can't enjoy a game because it uses a different control scheme.

The odds of someone having shit enough taste in games to hate System Shock but also have shit enough taste in music to hate the music in System Shock seems pretty low. I guess it is possible though.

No problem with the controls, just the game play sucks.

>having taste this shit
PC gaming produces only shit eaters it seems.

Name a better story based game

Lemme point it out to you
Ocarina of Time, shit LoZ game but popular with Reddit's circlejerk because Muh Streamers
The Wind Waker, objectively shit game overall, but yet beloved by the reddit crowd for some reason.
Majora's Mask. See Ocarina of Time but even more hipster.
Earthbound. A decent game but part of le reddit circlejerk.
Persona 4. Easily the shittiest Persona game.
Mass Effect. Trash game for the console generation. Eaten up by the gullible morons on reddit.
Bioshock. Again, a trash console game, overrated to the extreme by zoomers who don't know what a "skill floor".
The Last Of Us. Not even a game, more like a Jewish propaganda simulator such as Netflix. Of course reddit creams their kalemale pants for it.
Mass effect 2. Twice as consolized as Mass Effect, and twice as beloved among shit eating retards.
Uncharted 2, see The Last of Us

Basically, look at games that aren't good, but are popular among almond milk drinking faggots who circlejerk on reddit.

It's too smart for most gamers, especially fighting game players and nintendr*nes.

>Implying that it is better than all other games in that regard
Because it is.
This still isn't saying its a literary masterpiece.
Learn to read child, you truly are retarded.

panzer dragoon saga

finally a smart game for smart gamers

>Literally everything is reddit
>This fucking contrarian
We are reaching critical mass

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀.png (400x400, 207K)

Not him, but explain please.

You...are *RIGHT*...Planescape has...*great* writing...truly a MASTERPIECE of writing...

Attached: planescape.png (640x480, 368K)

kys weeb

It’s funny because the average of Yea Forums is 20 as confirmed by the mods & we recently named Planescape the most overrated game ever

>the same pea brain that can't handle System Shock also has the PC vs Console dichotomy on his mind 24/7
Imagine my shock.

Shit gameplay-wise. Still has a better story compared to other recent games

Not "everything" you retard. I didn't even list 25% of those games.
It's also not contrarianism if the games are actually shit.
Contrarianism is "the game is popular but it's popular with normalfags so fuck it" ... which to be fair I did do with Earthbound.
The 10 games I listed are bad games for people with shit taste.
You may assume the other 32 are fine.

>still no argument in favor of ss1
you've been fucked hard by psyops, haven't you?

Seethe more, JP makes better games. West only makes tranny shit, this is a Japanese image board for fuck sakes, so go back to /voat/ if JP games offend you so much

Not even defending the fucking game, just stating an observation I've seen in literally every fucking thread I've been in, from A Hat In Time to TWEWY, Smash to Doom.

No matter where you are, there's always people trying to argue about shit and bringing in that bullshit drama.

Attached: 5c3.png (500x600, 500K)

>OoT is a shit LoZ game
That is 100% certifiable contrarianism, don't try and redefine the definition of contrarian to suit your need

What's your argument against it again? Can't figure out the controls? Levels too complex for you?

It’s literally contrarianism since all of those games are universally agreed as masterpiece, including on this very board. There’s not a single place that will agree with any of your opinions

Attached: 6579C010-D759-4A5A-81A7-0B6D9F4088D3.jpg (1024x452, 143K)

Drakengard

Are you 15?

It is a shit LoZ game.
As is every 3D LoZ game.
Fite me faggot.

>all of those games are universally agreed as masterpiece
By what, journalists and reddit?
I certainly don't agree with them so you can shove your "universal" up your ass.
>There’s not a single place that will agree with any of your opinions
Then that means every single place on the planet are shit eating retards with no sense of taste.
Go back to /r/gaming. Trying to imply the majority is right isn't going to work when the majority supports womens' rights and opposes racism.

This is about as bad as the people who try to discredit the original Fallouts by posting the random Easter egg encounters

Drakengard is pure chaotic nonsense, which is what makes it fun. That's not really a good story, though. And I wouldn't call it story based either, the game's more about torturing yourself with purposefully horrible gameplay.

someone played system shock on the stock MS soundfont instead of an sc88 like it's supposed to be played

This board you fucking idiot, where do you think you are? Yea Forums literally likes all of those games you cried about

Here's how I can tell you're in your early 20s or even under 20.

>the majority supports womens' rights and opposes racism.
>impying this is bad
The 1920s is calling

Holy shit calm down folks

Game play is boring ass point & click over the hitscan sprites, run around and backtrack in ugly levels with shitty music blaring, levels all feel the same because they're filled with identical corridors, shitty cyberspace combat that lacks any sense of feedback. You must have had a hard time with the controls if you think that's my criticism despite being told numerous times I had no problem with them. Did you feel accomplished when you figured the controls out or something? Low IQ persons get such a big sense of accomplishment over the simplest of tasks.

this a trap?

Stop being contrarian and accept the hivemind's opinion!
Stop being a weeb and playing Japanese games on a board dominated by Japanese games!

>levels all feel the same because they're filled with identical corridors
You are in no position to be calling anybody else low IQ.

All hiveminds and contrarians are shit. Just have your own opinion and do your own thing and act like a rational human being.

Attached: 1490928119922.jpg (900x675, 461K)

> Yea Forums literally likes all of those games you cried about
Then Yea Forums can eat shit and die.
Stop trying to "muh fellow kids". You aren't a Yea Forums user. You're a tourist from reddit. You have to go back.

>defending the 1x width corridors of system shit
what a hill to die on

If you're a contrarian then aren't you just accepting the contrarians hivemind opinion?

Attached: 1407962239550.jpg (201x287, 39K)

>Stop being a weeb and playing Japanese games on a board dominated by Japanese games!
yikes...

Would you like to inform me how climate change is bad, too? Can't wait to GET THAT BAG.

Even in 2008, Yea Forums was literally just a Pokemon, Smash, Zelda & JRPG board. Sorry that we aren’t your personal contrarian army

> Implying that isn’t factually true
Every thread on this board is related to Nintendo or /pol/shit

If you played past the first five minutes then you'd know the game actually has a ton of variety. Each floor has a purpose in universe and looks completely different as well as having a different layout from a design standpoint.

Attached: Flight_Deck.png (1120x771, 240K)

Form an actual argument against the text shown being poorly written.

Popular doesn't mean good.
Not sure you understand that yet, maybe you're just incapable of understanding it, but I tried my best to teach you and you were too stubborn to learn.

Attached: this.png (318x304, 2K)

Uh no, especially when the hivemind's opinion is one of absolutism ("it's the best game ever!1!") where simply disagreeing with the statement doesn't put you at any precise point

>even considering giving up Morte
ishygddt

> Popular = bad
> I’m the only one who’s right
> Niche = good
Imagine seething this bad & having to wake up knowing that your shit taste will never shared, and those games will always be regarded as the best

That's literally the definition of contrarian you massive mouth breathing mongoloid retard

Yes yes, I'm well aware the game has about 12 rooms that have some size to them.
>Each floor has a purpose in universe
what purpose did the slope and ramp room have in universe? How did it logically fit in with the rest of the games one-person-width corridors straight out of ultima underworld? You're very evasive and non-committal. I'm thoroughly convinced you don't have a single argument and just blindly eat up whatever shit you're fed.

>system shock games have awful game play
I disagree, you can swing your wrench, your wrench has a 3d world model that's in synch with what you see, and you can parry enemy attacks by hitting them with the wrench.
If you aim it right, you can parry the attack AND also hit the enemy with the same swing.
That is high skill ceiling asf, good gameplay.

True, it's shit in other areas because of how slow the enemies are, but melee is good.

>tfw seeing all these underage plebs in the thread defending shit like mass effect and uncharted
I know I'll sound like another meme spewer, but Yea Forums truly has become reddit.

Do read by the fire books have multiple choices and endings. I wish.

Attached: Capy1.jpg (510x600, 67K)

These "remasters" are just a collection of fix mods that existed for years (taken without some mod authors permissions or given credit) and slapped onto the games that are sold at an overpriced value for the effort put in to sell to nostalgiafags. Thing is you can't even buy the original games because BeamJews stopped sale of them, they make profit off doing nothing, in fact they make it worse in some respects because any game they "remaster" always SOMEHOW ends up with a shit-load of bugs at release, most notably weird crashes and save-corruption because their programmers are fucking dogshit and any criticism will be the stereotypical "we will fix it" mantra with months of nothing. If you are gonna play their games be smart and pirate it, they aren't worth paying for.

I've seen people defend The Last Of Us here without a single hint of sarcasm or irony. Nowhere else does that.

We've become advanced cancer beyond any normal cancer.

Attached: 1499750108002.png (332x346, 137K)

T. Contrarian

eh that's okayish compared to people defending GTA IV and any call of duty after 2

Yea Forums literally circlejerks TLOU whenever a “what’s your favourite game” thread is on the front page. It’s always at the top with OOT, FF6, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger & FF7

>you can swing your wrench
and you can jump in mario.
>your wrench has a 3d world model that's in synch with what you see
made a lot more sense in thief where you could hit walls to make noise. In SS2 it's just baggage of a better game and results in game play being worse at times.
>you can parry enemy attacks by hitting them with the wrench
the engine doesn't actually support this. Thief 1/2 have options to block attacks but that frob functionality was removed from ss2.
>That is high skill ceiling asf
you're mistaking engine quirks imported from another, better game with intentional design and mechanics. You either hit the enemy or you don't.

>maybe you guys should stop breathing too, heard it was a pretty popular past time
It's not about whether it's popular or not
It's about how popular it is with the general population of shit-eating retards vs. how popular it is with the niche audiences of good taste.
For example, the Nazis breathed. So breathing isn't exclusively a silicon valley meme.

There are limitations to a DOS game from 1994. It's not going to look like an actual space station. Still they did a great job with each floor being memorable in terms of visuals and layout. If you couldn't figure out System Shock's levels without a map then your brain has actually been ruined by modern video games and GPS.

Attached: Citadel Station.png (1214x1286, 1.3M)

Yeah, this place is far beyond saving, but it's been like this for many years. I sometimes have difficulties believing my memories of this place (when the Yea Forumscore stuff were Morrowind, God Hand, Deus Ex, Ghost Trick etc) are actually real because of its current state.

> Muh Secret Club
Cope

>Liking video games

>Game is popular
>I think game is bad
>Not contrarian, am correct
It's basic fucking grammar you stupid ass motherfucker

>There are limitations to a DOS game from 1994
No, that's not how the UU engine works.
>If you couldn't figure out System Shock's levels without a map then your brain has actually been ruined by modern video games and GPS.
ss1 literally gives you an in-game map, you even posted the graphics for it.

Ideally you'd want your game to be unpopular with the general population so they stay away from it and don't taint the discussions or the game itself with their plebshit, but to still enjoy it yourself.
If you can't have that, then you want your game to be at least 3x more popular among the niche than the general population.
Once it starts to have popularity parity is when it's time to abandon ship because the fuckin grey tide has come with its sea of mediocrity. Toot toot motherfuckers, next stop "It's okay to play games for fun".

>his whole post consists of buzzwords
Get a load of this retard.

Attached: SHIT.jpg (800x1920, 261K)

It's a great game so long you start with WIS 18 and max it to at least 21 as soon as possible.
Also start with 18 INT and get it to 19 when you can.

Not even kidding, it's a whole different game if you do that and play as a mage. Have fun unlocking all sorts of secret shit everywhere.

Attached: s1.jpg (255x202, 50K)

You guys DO realize Ps:T isn't that well-regarded among the crowd who's played more than 3 crpgs right? It's the poster child of the overly verbose game that tries very hard to be what is is and still comes up short of being anywhere near a decent starter fantasy book

Judging by your choices you don't get triggered when character dialogue is more than just a sentence. So probably.

Aww look, the little dumb nigger tries to gaslight people who know better

The game having a map does not mean you are reliant on it to complete the game. I think in System Shock's case it should be the opposite, using it too much will only make things harder for you.
>No, that's not how the UU engine works.
I don't know what that is supposed to mean or imply.

>Imagine seething this bad & having to wake up knowing that your shit taste will never shared, and those games will always be regarded as the best
I imagine everyone with this taste getting old and dying, watching as their parents and friends die slowly to cancer or heart failure.
It's justice, in a way.
The only shame is that it'll happen to me too so I can't watch it happen to people younger than me.
I'm thankful the world is so crap, because you people deserve it.

>Is Planescape good?
>Thread devolves into contrarians with no arguments and two autists shit flinging over System Shock
Go ask /vr/, they like video games there

Most CRPG fans I've seen have played plenty and still love Planescape: Torment. I don't know what retards you're hanging out with.

Attached: bs.png (195x193, 36K)

Jesus Christ, go back to Resetera

Well fuck me, never found this one despite finishing the game at least three times.

>"Go ask /vr/, they like video games there"
>Go to /vr/
>Filled with gacha and weebshit
>"video games"

Contrarian means "If it's popular, it's bad"
Popular things can be good. Look at Huniepop, for example. Unpopular things can be bad too, such as Action 52.
It's not so much about its absolute popularity but the difference between its actual quality vs. its popularity amongst the plebs.

I'm just asking you to learn how to read because clearly you are unable to understand what is said to you.

Visual novels are not games

ResetERA can dilate and die early.

Deus Ex
Bloodlines
Torment

You can hardly get anything better in term of crpg's.

Are you actually fucking mentally disabled

>THE GOOD
1. Arguably the best story in video game history. One of the very few games I think is worth "playing for the story".
2. Arguably the best storytelling in video game history. You play as an amnesiac and the story is told by basically rediscovering your own history piece by piece through your own exploration of the game world. Very little of it is forced on you or told in a linear way. It is the ultimate "show, don't tell" storytelling example in any RPG. Imagine it as the movie The Hangover if it were a D&D open-world fantasy RPG.
3. Arguably the best writing in gaming history. There is a lot of dialog and the characters are unbelievably well fleshed out.
4. Some of the best NPC interaction of any RPG. You can sit and chat with some dudes for like 10 minutes about the most seemingly pointless stuff and it's so well done that it ends up being the funnest part of the game. This goes along with the above.
5. THE best morality system of any game. At least for being an evil character. Few games even came remotely close to allowing you to do an actual evil character run, and this is one of the very few where it felt like being a horrible bastard actually affected more than just a few random things.
6. So many dialogue options. SO. FUCKING. MANY. And they actually matter.

>THE BAD
1. Combat is dull. Not game-ruiningly painstaking to get through or anything, but not exciting either.
2. You are going to spend like 50% of your time reading dialogue. This is only a negative if you just can't deal with that, whereas it might be a positive if that's your kind of thing. But seriously this game is TALKY.

yes

fact: the only people who hate PST gave up early on before even leaving the mortuary because reading more than one line of text is too much for their walnut-sized brains to grapple
Deionarra is the casual filter

Attached: shit eating invincible grin.jpg (584x622, 56K)

Annah and Fall-From-Grace fall really flat compared to the other companions and it's weird how it trys to push you to romance one or the other.

Nobody said shit about difficulty lol. Please go back.

it's both, planescape is practically a VN

>BeamJews stopped sale of them
weird...i know you can get the original on GOG if you buy the 'enhanced' so there's that...

amazing, but fucking where do you encounter her?

If we're talking about the EE of PS:T, Beamdog learned their lesson and didn't insert their OC into it.
They merely added in those QoL mods and even got Avellone to update some of the writing.
IIRC, Avellone himself said that he merely edited some writing to remove the 'wordiness'.

Well Annah gets the hotties and Fall From Grace literally kills you. Can't get that far with either.

Also it was the time back when crpg's didn't have full blown romances yet, that only became a thing with Baldur's Gate II and boy if I was blown out by that at the time.

Planescape has production value, character depth, art design, a deep story, interactivity, world building, combat, side quests, a well made soundtrack, etc., it's nothing like a VN

Aww, no trans panda POC bisexual fairy pixie characters in the remaster of Torment?
What tragedy.

but the endings are perfect and fit the character perfectly, not sure what your problem with them is?
as for the choices, they are meant to reflect your own opinions and thoughts on the game, for examplewhen you encouter ravel in her maze and she asks you what can change the nature of a man, it doesn't matter what the answer is, it doesn't change anything in the game itself but is meant to reflect your own thoughts as ravel only cares about what you truly think

>You play as an amnesiac and the story is told by basically rediscovering your own history piece by piece through your own exploration of the game world. Very little of it is forced on you or told in a linear way. It is the ultimate "show, don't tell" storytelling example in any RPG. Imagine it as the movie The Hangover if it were a D&D open-world fantasy RPG.

This is an absolutely terrible fucking description that doesn't do the game justice or summarize it in a useful way.

That said, your summary isn't WRONG either.

He's just an idiot, the endings are fine.
The fact that you can't escape THAT particular thing is intended, it's the whole point.

Wow is that like that movie where the author is present as a character in it?

Ooh, that indeed is pretty good.

It's actually wrong though, as the point of being an amnesiac is not about rediscovering who you were but rather letting the player decide who you'll be "this time" and that character turns out to be the strongest of all.

>>you can parry enemy attacks by hitting them with the wrench
>the engine doesn't actually support this.
It does. I've played it. You can.
Time your weapon swing in such a way that your wrench's physical model moves in the way of one of the enemy's own attacks. It'll block the attack.
You don't press a "Block attack" button. You swing, and you aim your swing to intercept and attack.
>you're mistaking engine quirks imported from another, better game with intentional design and mechanics.
I never said System Shock's gameplay _intent_ was good. I said it had good gameplay.

Have sex

Begone, thot.

I loved this fucking game, one of the few that actually makes your brain happy, not just your hands.

Attached: 1488658011587.jpg (1260x1844, 724K)

That's... kind of... what I meant. But at the same time, it IS about "excavating a history" in some way, shape, or form. It's just that their analogies are such awful examples.

the game has excellent world building and rich lore but the writing is contrived dogshit that will rape your senses for the entire duration of the game. if you can tolerate long winded garbage text thrown at you for 30 hours straight go ahead and enjoy the game.

This, I'm surprised this faggot Avellone still keeps getting job offers.

Any other games that can give me the same feeling as PS:T when you unlock the Bronze Sphere?

Attached: 1427078931945.png (520x390, 95K)

Having played Baldur’s Gate 2 as a kid and playing Planescape much latter it was disappointing.

this guy is fucking BASED lmao

Attached: 1533751561809.jpg (627x351, 28K)

it's more novel than video game, a lot of the combat can be ignored or facerolled through, the real experience is in the dialogue/story. if you don't mind reading a lot, you'll like it. you could even play on easy difficulty, although it's not like the combat is hard, it's just not very exciting (some mage spells are cool)