Bad games that were critically well received?

Attached: Paradox.png (314x299, 103K)

Attached: 97%shit.png (696x358, 83K)

Pretty much all games that are critically well received turn out to be bad games.
There aren't that many good games.

Pokémon after 6th Gen
Wind Waker

>seeing this thread for the hundredth time

Attached: 53830263.jpg (960x750, 41K)

>Wind Waker
>bad

Attached: 8232041.jpg (312x358, 44K)

Bioshock Infinite.
It's just very mediocre. Linear design, overly scripted, two guns limit, less gun variety than the previous two games and less plasmids (vigors) as well. Not to mention the removal of any sort of hacking mini-game or puzzle element.
How does a game that's objectively worse than its predecessors get so much praise? Was it the timey-wimey nonsense? Elizabeth tossing you shit?

Red Dead Redemption 2
Owlboy

>Red Dead Redemption 2
Fuck off.

Skyward Sword
Mario 3D World
Dark Souls 2

DmC, before the definitive edition

Explain why it's bad without going into politics

this
i beat my wife and kids after i got to the part because this was a game so bad

Any list of overrated games that doesn't include Bioshock Infinite, Gone Home, Mass Effect 3, Heavy Rain, and Fallout 4 should be instantly disregarded.

Attached: 1555689200910.png (298x317, 185K)

Based

Brainlet... All amazing but dark souls. From software games are hot garbage.

Only game I ever returned.

Imperator is literally just all the critics going "it's a Paradox GS, they made a lot of those so it has to be good" because you KNOW that shit is well beyond most of them.

Attached: imperator-rome-review-blogroll-1556151094048_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

half life 2
how has no one said this

for some reason it was forbidden to criticize bioshock infinite at release and very few did so. ironically I remember total biscuit being one who said it was an utterly mediocre game.

Except for Infinite, none of those even broke 90 on Metacritic.

they're fixing the game and removing mana. what now, faggot

ME3 console versions broke 90 on metacritic

Why do you keep spamming this thread?

all ass creed gaymes
all elder scrolls games

Little big planet. Supposed to be innovative and fucking magical with all the user made levels. 90+ scores everywhere.

Friend got it day one and we story co op. Was some of the most boring shit ive seen and played. Not a real platformer and most parts with gaps was just holding something to swing over. Did some batman level later down the week and it was some of the lamest shit. He ended up returning it and got fallout 3, got really into it and even played the older fallouts. He still does fallout 2 runs every once in awhile and sold me on buying new vegas dlc when i wasnt much into it. So yeah lbp was horse shit.

Attached: little-big-planet-sackboy-i10095.jpg (480x721, 143K)

>Victoria 3 is next in the pipeline

How are they going to fuck it up?

Attached: 1412034501303.jpg (400x386, 37K)

All games.

Reviewers as a whole, especially mainstream are near-incapable of rating a game on a measure that feels right. The best you can do is find someone who has similar tastes to you and use them to gauge how well a game may gel with you. That or pirate / rent everything.

Badly. Their streamlining process to not at all conclusive to Victoria's focus on industry and manufacturing in general.

By having it feature bare on release and have meaningful mechanics added in DLC over the years after release

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 12.08.51 AM.png (413x300, 84K)

by not trying to emulate the current pop system in 2, but doing some simplified version a la stellaris. victoria 2's pops have their share of stupid quirks and bugs (craftsmen promotion), but the spirit of it is what makes victoria 2 so special.

trite amateur dark fantasy writing, boring combat, ugly uninspired art style and poorly rendered graphics, trying too hard to be hard-edged and dark.

Attached: Doom3box.jpg (220x274, 20K)

I find it to be such a weird trend.

>games with basis in being anal retentive about details and micromanagement
>let's simplify them and take out complexity

Who will be the remaining target audience, though? It's STILL too complex for casuals and hardcore fans will find it lobotomized.

Attached: angel_that aint right.jpg (284x244, 18K)

Dragon age 2 is literally the epitome of this but v ia too young now to remember

literally all of these

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 12.15.27 AM.png (661x861, 164K)

Fuck off, cunt. Tony Hawk Pro Skater was the toppest tier fun.

The last two GTAs.

Couldn't agree more.

>Tony Hawk is the second best game of all time
the fuck?

Base(d) and redpill me on this game

>fallout 4
I get harrassed for saying the game was pretty good wtf are you talking about.

5? I get it's pretty much a cool racing game that has guns, pretty mediocre tho I did enjoy the online with friends
Explain 4 that game is bad ass and the better bloated life sim GTA became after VC. Go play san andreas it's free on SHES games it's dogshit compared to 4 now and it's still a pretty fun game. The cars are like iceskates in SA

>Grand Theft Auto V (XONE)
>Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
>Grand Theft Auto V (X360)
>Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

Attached: 1558840429852.png (295x343, 128K)

>GTA 4
>Little big planet
>Uncharted
>Batman Arkham Shit
>Last of Us

Most boring shit I played or watched friends play. Gave up on PS3 got a nice PC played wrath of the lich king.

Attached: giphy.gif (250x187, 1016K)

Millions of people were memed into thinking Fallout 4 was a good game. The only reason it didn't win the majority of GOTY awards is because Witcher 3 was released the same year

Attached: D0DJcC1U0AALU2N.jpg (960x788, 102K)

>Nhl 2k1

How the fuck is this in a list of top games?

Attached: 1550869445806.png (381x380, 186K)

IV and V are so much more realistic than the previous games. Better graphics, more complex stories, grittier characters. Literally all the earlier games have going for them is that they are actually fun to play. And who needs fun when we can have realism and a cinematic experience, amirite?

>millions of people were memed into thinking fallout 4 was a good game.
By whom? Tod? Where was this meme magic when fallout 76 launched? It's fine if you didn't like the game dude, but don't lie to yourself and rewrite history.

based

wait a couple of patches tb desu

There is no criticism of Fallout 76 that can't be said of other Bethesda games. Only difference is the psyop that is a billion dollar hype and marketing campaign.

The target audience for these games is now tired dads who can only play 10 minutes at a time and normies who buy every AAA game and play it for 2 hours. Thats why Fallout 4 gives you the power armor at the start, its the game peaking.

5 just fails in everything besides driving and maximum graphical potential compared to 4
4 suffers from
>Better graphics,
>more complex story
>grittier characters
>better gunplay than the previous
compared to SA
SA suffers from
>Better graphics,
>more complex story
>grittier characters
Compared to VC
VC suffers from
>Better graphics,
>more complex story
>grittier characters
Compared to 3
Like technology improves big whoop like all of them are fun nigga

>2 years now

TB for all the shit he did, did one thing right and that was giving an honest opion of what he thought of any game.

The art style and Elizabeth being likable are pretty much the only thing that saved the game. Everything else was a downgrade but most people fell for the "2deep4u" story on release. Until everyone realized even Levine didn't know what the fuck he was writing.

And I still see threads made about it today
>inb4 shitposts
Act like shitposts don't deserve shitanswers
It ain't even the best Zelda but every games jorno straight outta UCLA still ranking it GOAT
>this also applies to GoW and WoW and the people who think Halo 5 is the best halo

Will we ever reach the perfection of Tony Hawk games again?

no :(

>By whom?
Marketing, hype, critics who dismissed any negatives as "features". It still makes me mad as hell seeing some review on Fallout 4 who said a Bethesda games without bugs wouldn't "feel" right, and that the bugs are part of the package.
With F76 it was too much shit to be dismissed but also, Bethesda has sort of a deniability to it since it was apparently mostly made by a different studio, not the main Bethesda crew.
What this means is the same thing that happened with Bioware.
>Andromeda is a piece of shit? No worries, it was made by a different studio that happens to have the Bioware name. Don't worry, Anthem has the good team working on it.