Larian studios announcing Baldurs Gate 3 at E3

Anyone Hyped?

Attached: balgate.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOGsD4SoKkQ
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/baldurs-gate-3-rumors.123972/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Larian
Baldurs Gate is one the most generic RPG ever and so is Divinity OS so its a match made I suppose.

I can't WAIT for them to announce my WIFE Jaheira!
She IS a good wife!
(She is! She is!)

All those possibly good settings and they go for the boring one again.

an eberron game would be really awesome

>husband dies
>immediately goes for the Baal spawn dick

Why would Larian do this when they already have their own well received CRPG series and aren't beholden to Wizards of the Coast autism? Makes no sense and therefore OP is a faggot.

Baldur's Gate and the other infinity engine games were products of a different time in gaming. There's a reason why as the recent CRPGs for the most part have been garbage while BG, BG2, and PS:T are timeless classics and it's not nostalgia

Source? Last I heard from Larian, a third party studio was making a spiritual successor to Dragon Commander with the DOS2 engine and assets.

youtube.com/watch?v=DOGsD4SoKkQ

Attached: 1403603773496.png (367x647, 147K)

Pretentious zoomer faggot

Realizing the finest games made were all made 20 years ago is a real blackpill. New games are just all essentially remakes for the most part.

There's still stuff to be excited for, but they're still far away because VR is still getting its footing.

maybe for an ADD zoomie

Because the devs of old took chances and were passionate, devs and publishers don't have as much incentive to go all-in anymore. Just think of how many fucking franchises we have right now that have annual or near annual releases and/or have been around for a decade. There's so many.

Depends on which edition of DnD they use

Divine Divinity was their only good RPG. Prove me wrong

>Yfw it's gonna use the 5e ruleset

You are a literal god, you're not exactly rebound sex.

As long as they're not writing it.

90% of recent CRPG release are just Baldur's Gate/Fallout derivatives.

You got a source for that buddy or are you just going to get us erect for nothing?

Great tier:
>Divine Divinity
>OS1
Meh tier:
>OS2
>Dragon Commander
Garbage tier:
>Beyond Divinity
>Divinity 2

Half the reason baldur's gate was fun was because it was made from a not at all balanced version of D&D then shoved into video game from and created a beautiful Frankenstein monster. Introducing modern D&D editions OR modern game design ideas would ruin that

Attached: 1547160782528.jpg (363x320, 83K)

That is a load of horseshit. Just admit you stopped paying attention very closely to video games about ~15 years ago.

I'd assume the "source" was this rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/baldurs-gate-3-rumors.123972/ even though Larian has already denied it.

I thought Beamdog has Baldurs gates rights.

No edition of D&D except maybe 4e has ever been balanced so that's not something worth worrying about

Not the best choice of dev, but still preferable over Beamdog.

There's a difference between absolute balance and "wizards are more powerful because it makes sense in lore"

>Dragon Commander with the DOS2 engine and assets.
and there is the flaw. The original dragon commanders assets are so fucking hot. Everything else larian made was a fucking disappointment in that regard... so fucking stupid...

Attached: 1558892391919.gif (400x224, 3.97M)

>we will never get the orc and imp princesses
;_;

Attached: 1504207922784.png (270x263, 116K)

I was sort of hoping they were working on a Divinity game set in the lizard empire of Divinity 2. They can't hype it up that much and then do nothing with it.

Forgotten Realms is boring and D:OS is even more boring. Hope it's an EGS exclusive so I never see it.

I can't think of a worse studio than Larian for the Baldur's Gate series.

dude you remember the imp princess xD Yeah, I was wondering, what she would look like and then the thing happens. I just figured out I can feed my princess wife to the dragon. What a weird fetish

>to the demon*
Don't forget you can also whore her to the traveling... wizard? merchant? guy for bonus gold for your campaign. DDC was one hell of a game.

Attached: All is well in DDC.png (939x426, 92K)

No. Leave Baldur's Gate alone, they're perfect as is. Any sequel is just going to be a disappointment. Just look at the shitshows that are the recent Infinity Engine rehashes if you want proof of that.

Whore out to what? To who? I usually skip most text. The white wizard guy? Or who?

Attached: 1558788288970.gif (500x281, 716K)

In the Ophelia storyline, one of her routes involves a special ritual, and the one who performs it charges you an absurd price (gold) or you can gift her to him for a night to skip the fee.

I think there's another event where you get straight up funding for a similar scenario, but I could be misremembering.

Attached: 1402918657584.jpg (2356x3333, 3.35M)

Dragon Commander was trash tier.
Divinity 2 was janky and a huge stepdown from DD but it was fun.

ic, I always dated the dwarf princess or elven princess. The demon commenting on how fleshy the dwarf princess was, oh boy

Attached: 1558783966238.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

The only part of DDC that was trash was the RTS. If you played it as R.I.S.K. with waifus, it was fantastic. RISK is one of my favorite board games, so that made it even better.

Well it seemed to me that 50% of the game is about the RTS, so after a few battles I just quit because it was so bad. They presented it as a ton of fun and dragon with a jetpack seemed like a great concept but the execution was absolutely horrible.

Yes, it was supposed to be about the RTS, but the RTS was trash. Fortunately, the RTS component is completely optional. You can auto-resolve any of the battles, and in addition to strength/weakness matchups and generals to influence your chances, there is also the luck stat to influence it.

Auto-resolving your battles let's you play the war map like RISK. I highly recommend you auto-resolve everything after you've had your fill of the mediocre RTS battles (3 or so, in my case).

every game i ever played with auto resolve fucks you over

That's true, but DDC's doesn't.

thanks

To expand a bit, literally the only point of the generals on your ship is for auto-resolving. Larian planned the mechanic around them, which means auto-resolving can't be as fucked and stupid as it is in like Mountain Blade. When you auto-resolve, you can send your troops by themselves (bad) or spend gold to higher the appropriate general to lead them (good).

It makes gold matter more and also let's you bypass the only bad part of the game.

>Baldur's Gate 3
>made by no one from the team who made Baldur's Gate or Baldur's Gate 2
>not even anyone from the team that made the original, cancelled Baldur's Gate 3 by Black Isle

Attached: SHIT.jpg (800x1920, 261K)

>torment
>choices
the ending shits all over them

>BG2
>not compelling story
This fucking lil nibba right here

BG has better combat than Fallout though

Absolutely correct.

Oh cool another game people shitpost about liking despite not actually playing. Surely this long "awaited" next entry will make quite the payday in sales. It should go without saying but I wouldn't mind a (You) or two, Balgate sucks dick.

Attached: tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg (500x281, 29K)

Attached: 1555517337756.png (343x210, 88K)