Which fighting game is the best ?

which fighting game is the best ?

Attached: evo-2019-lineup-smash-DBFZ-2.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52e3LNOCEwg
youtube.com/watch?v=WIsdCn-eOeg
youtube.com/watch?v=YLv32vUqNxg
youtube.com/watch?v=SEgaTYot2mQ
twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1132789895699689472
docs.google.com/document/d/1-rdM1G7IwRJL4Xp8w8U-qFfrWBH6UCc--VudrDy8ge4/edit
twitter.com/redbullesports/status/1132789873847484416
twitch.tv/videos/430195999?t=07h50m09s
twitter.com/Apollo19999/status/1132485522469867520?s=19
youtu.be/1g5IhWxGqp0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

smash bros.

Depends on what the "best fighting game" means in this instance.

op said fighting games

Fighter Z has Piccolo in it, this wasn't very fair, OP

it is a fighting game though, you fight an other player in it. therefore its a fighting game.

no you bing bing wahoo into your opponents when playing smash bros

sam sho is the best for patient play and punishing
unist is best anime with character diversity and rewarding gameplay
tekken and soulcal are really your only 3D options not that either are bad

no you fight your opponent, sure the inputs may not be as complicated but when you get into serious play it takes much more skill then SFV.

The best fighting games this past gen were KI and Pokken; and both got fucked by not being on PS4

>sam sho is the best for patient play and punishing

Its not even out yet.

the one you like playing the most

The majority of players don't wanna be serious for some reason.

objectively SFV since it has the most population. in terms of skill gap its gotta be KoF

Just spam C Stick smash bros is a party game not a fighting game

no a wide variety of a roster filled with unique characters is also essential for fighting games with emphasis on one on one combat, not the same braindead 2 button mashing designed for 8 year olds
and also take a shower your posts reeks

people who have played it say it's basically like every other samsho game so who expects it to be different
that's the series's deal

does it matter though ? we have a massive community, plus if you get your ass beat you accept it, at a local if you display salt in a severe way you get a lifetime ban, hell a fucking brawl broke out at MvC tourney and the dumb kid only got a 2 week ban.

Smash Ultimate has a roster filled with unique characters you dumb ass kid, its more then just c-stick spam you have air attacks,tilt attacks,smash attacks,special attacks, you gotta read your fucking opponent and learn to defend against edgeguarding, it takes skill you dumb fag.

Attached: 1522276579031.jpg (720x707, 84K)

The Third Reich used to have a massive fan base too, doesn't mean they didn't have shit opinions.
>Unique?
Literally only crazy hand is the only orignal smash bros idea. And I could easily beat you as link C stick spaming unless you're the type of metafag who shuts down the match cause I took the game cube controller with the 1/100 defect you "called dibs on"

All of them are equally good except Samurai Shodown and Smash. First have low production value second is for shit taste people.

What happened to SNK's China money?

characters are just different skins but the moveset is still universal and fighting games need to have characters with a unique moveset which smash does not have, you clearly zero comprehension from my post, as expected no less from a smelly smash poster

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAqTCZISbHllJ1s2W2IMtZ2E.gif (466x552, 448K)

Cross Tag is stupidly fun. Easy to play, hard to master. Decently well balanced and has plenty of character variety. Only issue is its probably dead at this point in time, looks like UNIST is somehow still going though

kof2k2um

DBFZ

>The Third Reich used to have a massive fan base too, doesn't mean they didn't have shit opinions.

but the third reich did nothing wrong

Nah, they got fucked by not being shilled enough by MS and Bamco/Nintendo.
Fuck Marvel 3 for stealing the 9th slot from them in their last relevant year though.

That's true but Smash bros ruined fighting game tourneys forever! Why do they all smell?

From that list, only Street Fighter V
What a sad gen this is.

Blame the length of time.

Also, it’s built on being imbalanced: from things like Mitsuru IOH with assist pressure, to two grapplers having 40 K combined HP and deleting characters after two punishes

Your favorite

It's still Super Turbo

My favorite >/< Your favorite

so i guess mordhau and dark souls are fighting games too huh ya fucking retard?

Marvel vs Streetfighter!!

Attached: MVSF Ending2.png (739x383, 471K)

Super Turbo
3rd Strike
Alpha 2
Soul Calibur 2
Bushido Blade
Killer Instinct
MK2
Marvel vs Capcom 2

Jury's still far out on Samsho.

Tekken 7 is objectively the best game on there.

UNIST and Smash Ultimate are respectable fighting games but they could both use a bit more work.

MK11 is decent for NRS standards but shit for fighting game standards. SCVI is decent for SC standards but that's not also a very low bar and also the entire premise of the game is low potential.

Blaztag and DBFZ are total shitshow kusoge that cannot possibly be taken seriously by anyone on competitive level, yet somehow they are.

SFV is a blight.

Pokken was actually still really active throughout 2017 and even in 2018: The game was at like 30 majors where it had decent entrant numbers, even more if you include ones where it had less then 30 entrants.

2019 seems to be the first year pokken is truly dying down rather then growing or staying the same, which is a shame.

Play Rev 2, it's a good game.

Unist is dead

Smash bros isnt a fighting game

DBFZ is dying rapidly

blazblue is dead

tekken is good mechanically but way too many moves and characters

street fighter will always be alive due to crossplay and isnt the worst thing imaginable

SC6 is dead

MK11 sucks and is still a clunky shitfest

>For honor is a fighting game
>Dark souls is a fighting game
>League of legends is a fighting game
>Sly 3 multiplayer is a fighting game

Personally, of those games, SoulCalibur 6 and unist. Samsho looks really cool too.

Honestly I don't think there's on game on that list with genuinely bad gameplay barring perhaps DBFZ, and even that seems to have improved last patch.

For Honor

Attached: 1525587285039.jpg (1518x2150, 1.76M)

It could have been a good game, but it got abandoned by its developer in a suboptimal state.

Also everybody is sick and tired of yrc input deleting and playing against Johnny, Elphelt, Axl, fuck I could go on forever. It has this weird anti-blazblue thing going for it where in blazblue every character is retarded and that's what makes the game charming, wheras in Rev2 every character is retarded and it makes the game pretty hard to play.

Play BBCF, it's a good game.

Tag games are always degenerate which is why some people like them

What went wrong?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

>poor Frenchman's Mount and Blade, but no campaign

Attached: 1557674733349.jpg (1080x1088, 152K)

Nothing it's good. Only drones who parrot kappa hate the game.

Most tag fighters are built on being broken. Marvel 3, Skullgirls, DBFZ, Tekken Tag and even the Power rangers game. They're made to be capitalized on

Overall, probably Tekken 7. Really wish I was more of a Tekken fan, or that Street Fighter V didn't suck balls.

Sorry that's Mordhau, try again nibba

Attached: 1520491229002.gif (616x577, 970K)

Long story short, it's too slow and unexciting. They tried going for the whole 'actually SF is more like chess', but they fucked it up by throwing a whole bunch of janken in.

Mexicants on PS4 always connecting to me with their shitty internet

Mordhau is better than For Honor tho

I wish Mika and Makoto got their own thing this new patch

Akihiko and Ragna can do TOD, and Nine is actually decent. Also it’s only a matter of time before Seth’s side switches causes even more degeneracy

Long story short, you dont play fighting games. Go watch some on youtube or twitch with a bunch of flashy movement and colors for your feeble brain.

I won't disagree but there's no katanas in Mordhau

based retard

>Super Turbo
youtube.com/watch?v=52e3LNOCEwg
>3rd Strike
youtube.com/watch?v=WIsdCn-eOeg
>Alpha 2
youtube.com/watch?v=YLv32vUqNxg
>Soul Calibur 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SEgaTYot2mQ
>Bushido Blade
LOL
>Killer Instinct
meme
>MK2
meme
>Marvel vs Capcom 2
interesting at high level I guess

Calibur
>Only genuinely neutral-focused fighter this gen with actual good character variety
>great balance
>lethal hits are the best new mechanic in a fighter since GRD
>strong core values

Attached: 1557562805619.webm (852x480, 2.9M)

You raise a good point. Ethnic expansions for Mordhau when?

Nice to see the correct response in the first post triggered a bunch of autists in the ensuing comment chains.

On there, I'd be tempted to say Tekken 7, SamSho hasn't released and Soulcalibur is being held back quite badly by Reversal Edge without it, I'd confidently say it's tge best one there
But of all time, fun-wise goes to Third Strike, there are other more technical and way more balanced games out there but Third Strike is the most fun out of the bunch.

As an overall package? Smash bros and it's not even close

As a competitive game with a high skill ceiling? Of those probably tekken

Attached: 1556895214565.png (1279x718, 1.26M)

>Literally only crazy hand is the only original smash bros idea
Are you stupid?

Soulcalibur is my favorite current fighting game. It's a lot of fun.

damn dude you seem to be projecting quite a bit

just because you might as well flip a coin don't make it yomi nigga

Virtua Fighter

Probably tekken but I only play American fighters now, fuck gooks and their shitty ass netcode

>he only plays NRS
user...

fpbp fuck the tryhards

It's boring as fuck.

just because you turn off items and change the map size, doesnt mean its a fighting game you stinky slut

>neutral-focused fighter

Is a total meme. Eveyr game has neutral.

Nigga it's SamSho it's the series identity

Way too much characters who are dead weight, obsolete, or have no niche.

AH

It's not a meme, shitter

so many years and fang STILL isn't in the game

Melee.

KI, SG but yeah 2019 and Japanese devs still lcan't make a decent netcode. At this point I'm chalking it up to ass programming talent.. If 1 guy made CCaster for Melty Blood, Bamco should be able to make something that they can add to every game they make and always reuse with way more people

Based nostalgia destroyer

But every other game has neutral in it.

Based

I don't really have much issue with the gameplay. But Capcom so badly wanted Street Fighter 5 to be like League of Legends and it ultimately was to the game's detriment.

Attached: 5c1a9fa3371b6ee62f59c4e82b3f1a46.jpg (433x650, 49K)

Fighting games arent for try hards. You just suck plain and simple.

welp found the zoomer who actually havent even played samsho, not even V SP

idk but the meme that they stink is not a meme
they fucking reek

Too basic for the hardcore, too complicated for casuals, bad launch.

>But Capcom so badly wanted Street Fighter 5 to be like League of Legends and it ultimately was to the game's detriment.

As in what?

>and fighting games need to have characters with a unique moveset which smash does not have

What did he mean by this?

and shit can change.

are you dumb or retarded??? do you even watch YT fucktard?
and what shit can change?? redpill me on that or youre just that brainlet to begin with

The monetization and season-based format, the rankings, balancing, the more aggressive esports push than before.

Yes, SamSho7 is even SLOWER and more deliberate than 5

>and what shit can change?? redpill me on that or youre just that brainlet to begin with

Well if he game is released and has fucked balancing and they don't patch it in time but that's more of an issue of it being released pretty close to EVO.

What else the menu and menu music? All the stages besides battlefield, big battlefield and final destination are lifted from other games

Why did people move to SFV even though it's just 4 but bad? Seems so strange.

>sam sho is the best for patient play and punishing

Attached: 1558755238728.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Attached: 1556070618760.jpg (600x400, 95K)

>just started playing FGs 2 years ago
>start to hate boring crap with no neutral like tekken and anime
>the games I want to play like mvc2, 02um, VF, and cvs2 (for the memes) are either dead in my area, completely dead period, or unplayable online
>have to grind boomer dogshit like ST and kof98 against laggy retards on fightcade with dumb fake meme names and occasionally offline meetups where the 35yos that play dogshit glitchfests like ST ghost me and blow me off so they can get drunk or work again
>it would even be tolerable if fightcade wasn't garbage with constant freezing, crashing, and bad emulation that runs at the wrong speeds

I hate being this cucked. Seriously fuck fighting games. Complete waste of my time. Don't fall for the "it's pure skill bro!" meme like I did there is a ton of guessing and luck involved in FGs especially modern ones.

Attached: wojak-suicide-57fbf34784a46[1].jpg (1059x962, 312K)

well im done with this convo, it felt like i lost some braincels chatting with you, because it shows you havent played the previous games and doesnt even have an ounce of knowledge about this game. goodluck button smashing and getting reckt in 10hits or less

I dedicated several years of my life to learning FUCKING BlazBlue. That turned out real fucking well considering I'm Australian, where everything except FoTM, Tekken and SFV are completely dead.

You were warned.

find a way to put it on fightcade you fucks

Attached: 1538418637491.jpg (1024x768, 332K)

How about smash bros itself is a original idea

I know, they have to put signs up for those who smell

lol

fightcade only supports games that final burn does and the retarded euro-spic that owns it is literally too lazy and too busy shoving his thumb up his ass and whining about muh catalonian independence to even update the 10 year old version of finalburn that it uses to the point where it makes games constantly skip frames and drop inputs

What makes you think they would do anything ambitious like that? Besides, dreamcast emulation is shit anyway. The only hope for that is for dreamcast emulation to become godlike then running it through retroarch netplay.

Yeah cause crossover fighting games never happened before. Face it you like it cause Link has never bullied you.

Attached: fuckoff.jpg (2100x1536, 2.89M)

Melty Blood

Why are FGCucks so retarded when it comes to literally any other game?

Is Tekken seriously the most fucking boring fighting game ever made? I really tried to give this game a fair shake but it's honestly so fucking dull compared to 2d fighters.

The neutral game in tekken is essentially taking turns doing moves and obnoxious strings which are minus but still safe, with the occasional low move, counterhit launcher, or launcher. The lack of a block button means there is no fluid 8-way movement and you do the korean backdash to try and get out of range to bait whiffs. It makes no use of the 3rd dimension besides sidestepping some moves you memorized that can be sidestepped in certain ways. In a sense it's like a 2d game with bad movement where you come out of the screen for 0.01 seconds occasionally because you anticipate they'll throw out a move that maybe doesn't have tracking. Here's the problem - every character's spacing is the exact fucking same - pointblank. It's not like soul calibur or 2d where characters are good at different ranges. You take turns mashing safe moves point blank, backdash cancel sometimes, then maybe someone whiffs a move and you do a launcher which often drops the combo after 1 hit because you're too far away.

But to even get to this extremely basic and monotonous neutral game you have to memorize the safeness/unsafeness of hundreds of moves and autistic stances. That move that looked insanely unsafe? It's -8 or something (safe), or part of a string, which means that trying to even jab it gets you CH launched, carried to the wall, and raped with setplay you have to guess 5 or something ways to get out of. There is no reason for this. The tekken world tour champion admitted he has shitty movement and footsies and only won by picking a meme character and laming people out with mashing and moves people didn't have memorized. This is not a skillful game like street fighter, kof, vf, or sc. It is a party masher for apes with an arithmetic minigame tacked-on.

No there's def other gay fighting game communities, I like making fun of smash bros because it's a kids game beloved by manchilren. The weirdos who like shit like skullgirls aren't as fun to make fun of because their weeabos and half of them self loathe. Where most smash fags are as self-entited as pillheads

vf3tb, vf4ft and vf5r.

Attached: vf4-17.png (512x448, 19K)

KOF

tekken, smash and under night.

samsho is not even released yet and everything else is either shit or subpar.

>just different skins
lmao, that's fucking bullshit.

Only people who pretend to like fighting games think Smash isn't a fighting game.

Smash is a fighting game HOWEVER the reason why you see so many people shitting on it is honestly because of the unearned elitism that many smash players have (usually Melee players). Also a lot of smashers laud their game as some sort of holy grail of fighting game skill. They fail to realize that in actuality while Smash is deeper than a kiddie pool no doubt, it doesnt really compare to other fighting game franchises which are olympic swimming pools.

>Hey friend or coworker, instead of playing that game that brings you enjoyment just spend nine months practicing korean backdash then you can play Tekken with me! Smash? Why would I play that trash, you don't even have to spend nine months practicing it! What's the point!?

it is exactly this mentality that makes me wonder why you are surprised that a lot of people dont take it seriously in the FGC.

A lot. Still a fun game though.

Nigger elitism across genres is rampant. The Capcom community was and still is infamous on shitting on others.

Smash has like no campaign now who would wanna spend 9 months playing alone? Every match against bots feels the same. Playing with yourself in MK you at least get to see blood and play a campaign even if it sucks. Hence why smash is a party game because it relies on other people to be even half fun

That's true but the shocking thing is that a lot if actual fg players have other pretty cringed opinions as well.

that post wsan't really about smash you could replace it with Mortal Kombat 11 and it would still be true

Pokken is super neutral focused, might be worth checking that out.

idk the game turning into arena shit looks like a meme and even if it was good (which I'm skeptical of), it's completely dead

They barely touch or play any other genre and this has repercussions when fg's fall behind on practices that should be standard or go "2 steps forward 1 step back" so they don't notice/call out stuff. Like why does mvci have a better netcode and lobby system then sf5. How does Bamco still not have a good netcode at all despite more resources then the fg's that did implement good rollback? Why aren't beta testing servers for patches and ever really consistently implemented? And so on and so forth.

This is true but as I mentioned in my post, the reason why it is particularly insufferable when it comes to smashers is because it is perceived as unearned. Not to mention the fact that smashers hold these opinions while statistically they are the least likely to play other fighting games. See the EVO registration for evidence. When you talk about how deep and complex your game is but you haven't even bothered to attempt playing other fighters at a competent level you will come across as a retard. To be fair though, it also doesn't help that the "figureheads" of the smash community have their head so far up their own ass that they call other communities "mindless sheep". (See Armada).

If only jojo asb was released right and wasn't at 30fps with frame slowdowns on many stages. every online fight is in did castle or sometimes Kira house. It's that much of an issue. The device were actually not total monks during the patches.

Doesn't MK11 at least have a single player? I will refer to your guy who learns the game too hard as a MetaFag. Fuck those guys in ALL regards, they do not have any original thoughts of their own and instead look up what guide a b or c says. They trade fun for power and it's gay af. Like in xnoverse 1 fuck anyone who played as a frizen and spamed parallelizing ki blasts, you know who was having actual fun? saiyans fighting nemekians and people who did captain ginyu builds. Fuck all one trick ponys

You know neutral isn't thing only thing you can talk irregardless to Pokken.

Nah, the whole phase shift mechanic is good. On a basic level, it's basically an anti-infinite system that forces a return to neutral, and then acts as a second buffer of neutral play/interaction (it reverts back to the 2d gampleay after a single heavvy shit)

More importantly though, is how it encourages adaption. Phase shifts happen from 2d to 3d when a certain amount of phase pouints are racked up by a player, which happen when you land hits. Certain moves apply more or less phase points. So you need to actively change up which moves you use based on if it's more advantagous to stay in the 2d phase or switch to 3d based on the matchup, state of the match, etc. Maybe you are a pressure character and already have the other player, who is a zoner, in the corner, so you would, for exmaple, need to weigh losing corner advantage in exchange for more garunteed damage vs a lower damage combo that keeps them in the corner and then you perhaps have a chance to do a reset and maybe land a second, lower shift combo. Causing a shift also gives meter, so that's also a factor to weigh, etc.

> it's completely dead
Eh, define dead. Online is active, the community is as well, with everything being centralized to discord.gg/pokken; with online weeklies as well. Depending on where you live there might be locals as well, and while the game's at a lot less majors then it was last year and the year prior, it's still at a number of majors and regionals.

It's certainly a small scene, and it's starting to die down this year, but it's not "dead" any more then, say, Xrd is, and it's arguably more active then that is, or at least was up untill the past few months.

>Not to mention the fact that smashers hold these opinions while statistically they are the least likely to play other fighting games.

Why does that matter at all? Why is this mentality so common?

maybe it's because it's 4am here but your entire post here is going over my head. Rephrase?

Your problem for having shit taste in fighting games. Seriously.

>Why does that matter at all? Why is this mentality so common?
Literally my next line in the post is
"When you talk about how deep and complex your game is but you haven't even bothered to attempt playing other fighters at a competent level you will come across as a retard."
Try reading next time

I mean, obviously. But some games have more focus on neutral than others. You've got samsho at one end of the spectrum, and then something like DBFZ at the other.

No other genre has this mentality of caring what other games in the genre people play. Regardless of smashers it's a rather silly mentality to have.

Based.

And dbfz has it a lot though.

personal opinion

uni == gg > tekken > bbtag > soul cal > dbfz > smash > sfv

Attached: D7dlOxYW4AAfH_v.png (128x128, 32K)

Cause its not a fighting game, and never will be no mater how hard you argue the semantics and you'll never get a seat at the table and you'll have to hold that L forever, bitch

Yeah no it isn't silly. Let me provide an anology.
There are multiple mathematics courses
The only mathematics course I've ever taken is geometry
After learning it, I start raving about how deep and complex geometry is and how it is the hardest math field if not one of the hardest
A student comes by who has not only taken geometry, but algebra, stats, calc, etc.
Clearly one of these people is more informed than the other to be talking about how difficult these math subjects are in relation to each other.

All the legacy ones are worse than the classics. And all the new ones are cheaply made rushdown-fests with no fundamentals. Next gen is the only hope. They'll either finally fix their issues or ramp up the Always Online shit even further. We'll see.

Also, fuck weasels like UltraDavid and James Chen who pretend it's all about gameplay and fun. when it's clearly about money and e-fame. BITCHES.

It has neutral. But again, it probably has LESS neutral than any other game on that list.... or any other fighter this generation, really.

SPOILERS DO NOT OPEN

all video games are for children

tekken or uniel

rest are meh, havent played samsho

True except porn games technically

easily ultimate.

You didn't realize that most of the Big Players in the fgc are only where they are due to luck of location? lol. If EVO and most tournies were in Ireland you wouldn't've heard of 95% of the fgc ecelebs like Aris. They'd be too lazy/poor to travel.

It's almost 100% location. California or New York. Most just happened to be in the right area so it looks like "oh shit, the best in the world!" How many US players go to Japanese tournies? lol exactly.

>all video games are for children
Explain M and AO ratings than genius

>falling for obvious bait

Tekken has consistently been the most exciting game of this generation.

twitter.com/BNEesports/status/1132789895699689472

Attached: 1527731146259.jpg (1200x800, 195K)

Unist and Tekken. Everything else is shit

Smash players don't even like their game

Attached: 1528138595885.png (629x345, 45K)

It's skillful, just stale as fuck. Graphics suck, animations are from the late 90s/early 2000s. Flat, boring backgrounds. Bring sound effects. Wack music. Crap 8-way movement as you said. They need to mix it up.

I used to shit on sfv on every occasion I would come across but nowadays I am watching it. it looks really fun and fast and v triggers are much better balance wise and also fun wise. compared to ultra. because with revenge meter the one player who carefully deal damage little by little with footsies poking and just make one small mistake and get on equal health with ultra which was heart breaking.
but still I haven't played sfv except the first version which I pirated

>Cause its not a fighting game,
It is
>you'll never get a seat at the table
We already do, evidently

I got desensitized by animeme games so fucking hard I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of the clips

>SFV
lmao

Attached: 1552775950347.gif (1025x518, 588K)

There are literally kids on CoD, halo, and GTA

Failing neutral in dB gets you murdered. That's why it's deceptively a lot harder then it's simple control scheme implies.

Of course neutral is important, it's important everywhere. What the term "neutral-focused" refers to is how much time you typically spend in neutral.

>lklklklklklklklklklk MAX MODE!!!!! 78% damage!
>lklklklklklklklklklk MAX MODE!!!!! 57% damage!
If they wanna beat Street Fighter 6, max mode and need to go completely. Other than that and a few input short cuts, the gameplay is perfect.

>v triggers are much better balance wise and also fun wise.
No they aren't, and they cause a similar issue you get with ultras. Every match goes one guy gets his ass beat, blocked heavy, vtrigger cancel, pressure, eventually gets the hit and now life is even. Ultras were overly rewarding but you still had to get a hit normally first, you weren't put into your character but actually has tools mode. Vtriggers allow you to make them guess multiple times, when the game is already heavy on corner carries to basic mix up

>They need to mix it up.

They can't, the market an't handle change even if you clearly market a game as a spinoff or side series. Making a new fg IP is already a monumental risk but even changing things up is hard.

>t.Cami

You really don't it's just tolerated because the fanbase is so large, boosted nintendo fans and people who are too casual to play real fgs
It's a fun little time waster for sure, but it not a fighting game

tell me about killer instinct

Honestly of those games, it might just be soulcalibur. It's the only game on that list that doesn't either have a) characters that play too similarly (SFV, MK11) or b) dumb anime combos and blockstrings (unist, babytag), or a little of both a and b (T7), or a LOT of a and b (DBFZ). Withholding judgement on samsho but it looks good. And smush kind of has an anti-anime problem where it's too difficult to exert real pressure of offensive momentum with weak combos and edgeguarding.

V-trigger can be built by cc and very-skills. Triggers aren't the prime issue (a lot of chars have lacking ones) but more the characters. Kairin best aspect isn't even her trigger.

Literally acquire proficiency, user.

hella fun but also hella dead, technically

3rd strike is the goat but out of those its cross tag

Jump Force

I wish soul calibur had better visuals. It really would shine with tf2 levels of visual and 2d+3d design . A really iconic style.

Since the fgc blew up, you can't trust hype to be genuine anymore. Everyone basically wants (yous) now.
>wow did you see TastySteven jump up on table? Tekken is soo hype! Imma gif dis! rofl
It should be hype because of the gameplay not your favorite eceleb jumping up and screaming. And fuck Rip, too.
>"level up your game"
>loses every time.
lmao. Told you, man, eceleb bullshit.

>too casual to play real fgs

Attached: FGCucks BTFO eternally.png (4992x4064, 1.52M)

I have noticed that there are characters for which v trigger is really really rewarding but on the same time there are also characters for which v trigger isn't all that op like gouki laura dictator but these characters really good and don't always have to rely on v trigger but yeah v trigger is still a comeback mechanic no doubt.

You mean celshading?

mite b neet, I always like celshading.

>game finally gets mostly positive reviews on steam after 3 years
>capcom releases in-game ads and they become negative again instantly
I'm almost sure that capcom is just trying to see with how much bullshit they can get away with with a game

And I'm not even defending it. I play it and mk11 and jive has a lot of lacking chars. It's even weird how they made Zeku good but failed to fix the S3 chars compared to the S2 ones. Fuck only Sagat is the only notable one and that's cuz he has a notable projectile Gane and Bonchan uses him.

SamSho looks hideous visually. Change my mind.

This is what was happening yesterday in top 8 and the karin won just by spamming v-reversal

I know. But that's their fault. It was having the balls to evolve that created Tekken in the first place. They didn't know if the first Tekken would flop, but they tried anyway. That's what's missing in today's fighting games: guts. These faggot devs are scared of their own fanboys.

*changes ur mind*

heh... nothin personnel... kid...

>V-trigger can be built by cc and very-skills
In pretty much every game meter is built in multiple ways, most vtrigger is built from taking damage though. Granblue Versus looks like one of the few games where moving forward and attacking earns you bar considerably quicker. Plus vskills are horribly done, some are good pokes and fit into bnbs while others are near useless and rarely seen. Vtriggers are a big issue, the whole system has been poorly done. Ultras weren't a good mechanic either but they basically just went you can cash out more or have an invincible reversal.

Akuma and Bison still have good ones, but they are also just pressure monsters in general. So it is just the same bullshit+

I agree kinda reminds me of KoF 14
but i'll still play it if its cool

>reminds me of KoF 14
It is leagues above KoF14, especially launch KoF14

Attached: 1543713628369.jpg (1920x1588, 562K)

for me its Dead or Alive 6

A ton of stuff that Tekken has comes from VF. You could say that VF pretty much made 3d fighters and was the prime innovator in them and I don't really hump VF's leg at all.

I could throw myself into Chernobyl's elephant foot and still get less cancer than reading this

The shading is way better
Samsho has this weird sorta shading for its art style, makes the game look way better and kinda hides the low res models imo

more then that. Like everything was meticulously done.

Models always look bad without proper shaders and lighting. 99% of the time when someone complains about a model it is really the lighting, shaders and sometimes angle. Same is true of the weird faces in SFV.

Attached: 1557113147429.jpg (640x200, 32K)

The game looks weirdly too dark, color-wise for me.

>I could beat you spamming C stick
>Unless you have a actual brain, in which case you are a metafag

Is SC6 still alive?

The true answer is melty blood

>Same is true of the weird faces in SFV
Even at its best SFV is ugly. Everything has that same weird texture.

Yeah it's pretty alive, I won't over sale you and say there thousands of people playing it, but I can hope on ranked and get back to back matches against different people and there always some random dudes hosting player lobbies

>DBFZ is kusoge
Clearly you didn't watch combobreaker.

I feel like the colours for for Nakoruru on the left should be more contrasting to stand out. imo it is currently contrasts okay based on your pic but I feel like it needs to be even more especially the reds.

Is it mostly just skilled veterans left? I wanted to get into SC but missed the launch window, and I'm worried I'd be too far below everyone else to really learn, since I don't have a local scene.

V-trigger and built in delay. Also the game just looks bad.

>slowest SF to date
>the worst online this generation
>ugly artstyle
>launched in an unfinished state and even now season 4 is non-existent
>tons of scummy practices from Capcom like reducing fight money, in game ads and a fucking ROOT KIT

That's off the top of my head, and that's not even touching the actual gameplay. No one's going to miss it when it's gone/replaced. Game's alright to watch, though.

Attached: 1472262584640.jpg (260x312, 48K)

They reduced the delay a long time ago and it has had less than, say, Tekken for a long time now.

I do love how /fgg/ keeps insisting everyone will love the game when SF6 is out, when all the game seems to get is pure hate still. Most people aren't update on what has improved or not, they don't care if it got better cause SFV will always been seen as a bad game.

I can't believe people complain about sfv online (which has it's problems, don't get me wrong) when the same pic has shit like unist which is literally impossible to take seriously online.

Honestly, not really
Like you may run into the nigga who took 2nd place at combo breaker yesterday, but you'll also run into joe smoe who's just overall average at the game, like a lot of player match lobbies are filled with low rank players who are just mashing while trying to get a hang of the game and the good thing about SC6 is the skill floor isn't very high so it's not like need to lab for 5 years before you can yourself decent, spend a few afternoons playing and the game will just click with you

Aside from Smash and Arcana Heart what games have proper aerial footsies?

Nobody except jaded neckbeard nobodies see SFV as a "bad" game lmao

Well one is a tiny dev who are doing everything they can for their game, the other is made by a huge dev who would rather spend money on restreams than online

Attached: 1545922415136.png (1108x652, 388K)

Pretty based. What's your opinion on KOF?

Attached: Carmine.png (1900x1800, 873K)

Sounds pretty good, thanks user

Attached: 1512854228368.jpg (449x718, 154K)

real gamers rise up

"Fighting game" for people who don't like fighting games.

KOF is trash. Majority of the characters have to played a very specific way to be effective, zoning is weak, defensive play is near non-existent, and combos are at their shortest as long as Tekken's combos. It's fans use every excuse in the book to avoid playing any SNK game ever too which says a lot.

>Humanity has declined
You're alright in my book
I can hook you up with SC character discords if you're interested in that type of thing

>smashfags are also nazis
Surprise, surprise.

GG/BB? Neither of them are quite as air-focused as those two though

Vampire Savior

Honestly I've never really clicked with discord beyond using it to chat with friends, so I don't really get game or character discords. I wouldn't be against it though.

Sonic The Fighters

Attached: Sonic_the_Fighters.png (250x336, 127K)

Mahvel

Melty blood by far

Does UMvC3 or MvCI still have an online scene?

docs.google.com/document/d/1-rdM1G7IwRJL4Xp8w8U-qFfrWBH6UCc--VudrDy8ge4/edit
Heads up though, this reference link is kinda out dated and is missing info for 2B and Amy and has a bunch of written guides for old patches

WWE Smackdown HCTP

Ultimate Marvel 3 has more of one than MvCI but they're both pretty small, at least on PC.

I'll give them a look some time, thanks.

How is that even a question?
Smash is just the evolution of fighting games, every problem fg have have been fixed by smash 20 years ago.
No wonder there is no passion in the fgc.

>Well one is a tiny dev who are doing everything they can for their game

No excuses. Many other small time dev teams or non big name fg devs manage to fucking put ggpo in their game . NRS built their own with consultation from Tony Cannon (really nice guy) and the early MK10 implementation were awful when they did it post launch but they tried and managed to get it right not only saving the game's life but proving the backbone for IJ2 and MK11's online play.

>no passion in the fgc.
lmao, Tekken scene were popping off hard throughout the tournament, meanwhile all smahfags do is complain about every character. You guys walk off stage if you don't like what the crowd is shouting. None of you even like Ultimate, but Melee is too dull right now as well.

twitter.com/redbullesports/status/1132789873847484416

>KI
>Meme
Delet this

Attached: Linkara.png (321x306, 82K)

>Smash is just the evolution of fighting games, every problem fg have have been fixed by smash 20 years ago.
Cool bait, fag, but I can tell you've literally never played any other fighter because you can't bring up any examples of 'problems' that were there in the first place. If the one you're referring to is accessibility because pissbaby can't do command inputs, then maybe I could see your point, but that isn't a problem with the game, that's a problem with pissbabies.

>No wonder there is no passion in the fgc.
There is more genuine passion in the FGC by people that actually like the games than your gaggle of rosterfags who fucking spam the board with forgotten video game mascots nobody fucking talks about outside of them.

Final Fight: Double Impact (2010)
Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle (2011)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (2011)
Skullgirls (2012)
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins (2012)
Darkstalkers Resurrection (2013)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (2013)
Divekick (2013)
Killer Instinct (2013)
Lethal League[6] (2014)
Brawlhalla (2015)
Rising Thunder (2015)
Pocket Rumble[7] (2017)
Injustice 2 (2017)
Fantasy Strike (2018)
Them's Fightin' Herds (2018)
Omen of Sorrow (2018)
Punch Planet (TBA)

NO EXCUSE FRENCH BREAD.

It's a miracle it's as great as it is. Also has the most retardedly designed characters in the best way possible

Attached: 2725949-agan0s_size.png (815x332, 394K)

>ultimate
Ultimate is in the same basket the general fgc is, of course they pop up, for money.
next time you are in a "why are fgs dead" or "why is (your fg) dead" thread, try to actually read and you will understand what smash did 20 years ago.
Ultimate and the other fgs are lazy cash grabs like pkmn or cod but of course blind can boys can't see past their shadow.

>you never played fgs
Everybody did, but for some reason smash stands on top.

>Melee
Sorry, I only care about games at evo and don't really like jiggly matches.

Attached: 1551969834093.gif (600x413, 266K)

If Smash isn't a fighting game, that's pretty fucking sad because it's better than every other fighting game.

Any game with my wife.

Attached: 1558951137301.jpg (1285x1080, 287K)

can they get any more based?

>Melee
>The game that has to ban gameplay like wobbling but doesn't ban shit like the use of busted controllers for tech you can't do otherwise
>The game that has the same stale shitty matchups of about 4 characters
>The one with a bunch of screeching autists that ruin every other event when they don't get their way
Yeah, no, fuck off you dumb faggot. You didn't fix shit, you made it undeniably worse. I haven't been in a fighting games are dead thread because they don't happen, retard.

>>you never played fgs
>Everybody did, but for some reason smash stands on top.
Nope. Try again dipshit.

>Sorry, I only care about games that were sponsored by multi million dollar companies who appeal to the lowest common denominator.
We know

>>Sorry, I only care about games that were sponsored by multi million dollar companies who appeal to the lowest common denominator.
>Literally Smash

by that logic, Chess is also a fighting game

you cant be serious... have you any self awareness?

SFV DBZ and Uniel imo.

>no u the post
>I haven't been in a fighting games are dead thread because they don't happen, retard.
So you're a newfag too
>4 viable
Try 12
>busted controller
When you aim for the top you can spend 100 bucks no problem, everyone else plays with mods until then.
>ruins other games
Literally fake news, try forming your own opinion instead of rehearsing memes.

>ultimate
Try reading again

twitch.tv/videos/430195999?t=07h50m09s

Attached: Punch_machine.gif (500x261, 1.34M)

>characters are just different skins but the moveset is still universal and fighting games need to have characters with a unique moveset which smash does not have

Attached: 1554591762344.jpg (199x200, 7K)

It's bad for a Street Fighter title

>samsho

Bishoujo Senshi
twitter.com/Apollo19999/status/1132485522469867520?s=19

Your local sounds like a weewee club if acting salty gets you a lifetime ban.

Why do fighting games rarely improve nowadays? I don't play much but whenever I look into it the players are yearning for games from the past or go onto say how gameplay takes a step back from previous entries?
Is it just nostalgia? The only one I read decent things about is Tekken to only then have anons post clips of some Korean pros saying T7 is boring.

>combos are at their shortest as long as Tekken's combos
And thats a good thing. I dont want to watch opponent flex their muscle memory for 10 seconds on a meteress bnb

>spend an autistic amount of time learning execution, tech and strategies 100% tailored to a game
>sequel comes out, nothing or 1% of what you've learned, applied and mastered works on it
>have to start over

That's a big reason. But its not the entirety of it. Sometimes a sequel just isn't as fun to play as the previous one for other reasons: depth, roster, visuals, playstyle/mindset. Sometimes it just doesn't cater to somebody at a core level.

t. FG autist for almost 15 years

if its not smash, it sucks. all fighting games are the same. just waifu bait girls and buff dudes fighting eachother. if you played mortal kombat your entire life and then decided to switch to street fighter you could be pro level in a day.

Attached: kirby.png (587x607, 421K)

Best: Guilty Gear Xrd, DBFZ, SoulCalibur 6, UNIST

OK: Tekken, Blazblue CF, DOA 6

Worst: MK11, SFV, BBTAG, Smash

Hot takes:
>Regarding the "is smash a fighter" argument, Smash is objectively the more popular game, and the fighting game genre is dying and irrelevant, so why does seeking acceptance from the FGC even matter? Also, I would even argue that Smash is more technical to play than some other fightan (for example, SFV).
>Tekken is the best game on the list for spectating purposes
>Capcom cannot make a good fighting game anymore to save their lives. I still can't get over MVCI flopping.
>Mortal Kombat is too violent and it makes me squeamish
>Sam Sho is going to flop (and it will have bad netcode). I like most SNK franchises, but Sam Sho, I just feel completely indifferent about.

Attached: melty blood tournament finals.jpg (1200x900, 141K)

>Tekken good
>Capcom and SFV bad

I think I saw your Steam review once. You had 1 hour played.

literally any pro or fgc person will tell you that tasty steve is the same irl as he is on commentary, man genuinely loves fighting games. Though i agree with the point that react culture is fucking retarded, you really shouldnt let posers affect your genuine enjoyement for things

>so why does seeking acceptance from the FGC even matter?
Because they're horribly insecure and need validation from non-autists that they're not losers.

Smash isn't a fighting game, also Tekken 7

Yikes

I'm still mad KI is pretty much dead. They better make a sequel, and this time don't give them a shoestring budget. Also get Mick Gordon Back

Attached: wsrhg.png (500x474, 292K)

Yep, it's just because commentary being overhyped

Fucking 16ers, I swear

Attached: Dfa3RDsX0AIuyr8.jpg (1200x866, 223K)

I used to love fighting games in the '09er days when it was all about SF4 and MVC3, but it feels like the genre has shit the bed since then.

missing one

Attached: 1c76cbbbc099a1bd4f7f83c8e836fdabde008a22.jpg (616x353, 50K)

Stop playing Capshit

Rush down centric core which is now trying to be gerrymandered into a neutral centric game, which makes the balance pure shit.
The netcode is literally broken by design, where the person with the shitter connection gains a huge advantage.

For me, it's Soulcalibur 6. Really glad to have this series back, I hooe more people will be willing to hop into it in the future.

I love fighting games and am willing to play just about anything with anyone, even games I straight up dislike such as UNIST or Garou. Skullgirls I just straight up refuse to play whatsoever, that game is a revolting experience.

Attached: IMG_20190522_202551~01.jpg (288x317, 30K)

My main game is melty blood and I've probably been playing longer than you.

Is a "Bing Bing Wahoo" when Mario does a Fair meteor or an USpecial?

yes

>blocks your path

Attached: 516WWD4D93L.AC_SX215_.jpg (215x303, 22K)

Blazblue used to be one there because there was no Guilty Gear... what a world we live in.

>Smashfag game
Fuck off

Skullgirls is rather fun at low level play when you actually play Neutral instead of fishing for touch of death combos.

Tatari fucks up Australia in 2021. Fate Go is supposed to be done by 2021, hold your breath. we might get to play a real fighting game again before all our friends are dead, how exciting.

>any modern fighting game
>best
Fighting games peaked in the 90s, anything newer is garbage.

Arc Sys games are rather niche and the last GG update was released about 3-4 years ago. If we're only having one Arc Sys game, does it surprise you It's the most recent one? UNiEL wasn't developed by Arc Sys by the way.

I don't like any video games. The only games I play regularly now are the ones that piss me off to the point of rage quitting.

If you retards don't consider Smash Bros to be a fighting game, then what is it then?

unist

A party game, duh

Guess how I know you're shit at every fighting game

Can't it be a Party Fighting game. I mean if we agree Catherine and Puyo Puyo are puzzle fighting games, I don't see why we can't agree smash is a party fighting game?

I don't believe it but it's fine

A new melty would probably have shit netcode and kill AACC. May as well enjoy what we have.

Crosstag will probably get the boot as soon as the next GG comes out.

>unist is best anime with character diversity and rewarding gameplay
I like Guilty Gear more for that

skullgirls is a porn game and I only jacked off to the frame dumps of characters

I am hopeful that samsho will be. But as of right now under night

sssssmaaaaaaaaaaaaaash brotheeeeeeeeeeers

Axl isn't very common at all and Elphelt and Johnny are only common at high levels of play, even then there are only a few Johnnys who consistently make top 8 in tournaments they enter.

street fighter always wins baby

doesn't matter how long your anisoy cutscenes are or how many 100 strings you have to memorize

UNI[st] obviously

Attached: D7evkzxW0AA4nsR.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

See

Guilty gear and melty blood are the only fighting games worth playing

Tekken

Attached: Street Fighter V EVO trailer.webm (1920x1080, 2.33M)

>STILL posting about mike ross
just lmao you vappas are pathetic. I saved some pics of him in like 2010 and then he decided he didn't like being famous so I stopped talking about him because I'm not a psycho

and yeah I've seen you dumbasses shilling every shitty new fighting game and they almost all die after a few months unless they're tekken, mk, etc.

>s-samsho is gonna be lit...looks great....wow the art style is so CONSISTENT
LMAOOOOOOO

Uhh we have UNIST it's practically melty blood successor

What they need to do is make the game multiplat console wise and not confine it to XBox and PC. That decision may as well have shot them in the foot because of how rocky the One's launch was. It's a fighting game. You want it to reach as many people as possible, with Smash being the literal only exception to get away with selling gangbusters no matter its solitary platform.

bait

This. Literally found a formula that attracts new and more casual players

how's is it bait? im actually being serious rn UNIST is just melty with some new features tackled in and even has sion clone

literally the only reason Smash is popular is because it's a cross over game
Look at literally every other platform fighter and tell me they're as much of a success

Melty has radically different mechanics.

Smash isn't a fighting game, because they didn't reduce to 15 characters and like the other 20 behind a paywall.

Also street fighter and dragonball fighterz tournaments smell far worse than smash, imagine a bunch of 30 to 40 yearolds not showering instead of teenagers, it's rancid.

Attached: 3bc.jpg (640x640, 35K)

It wouldn’t have staying power without solid mechanics in the gameplay. Also, none of the clones have done much to distinguish themselves as anything but clones; usually their defining point is copying the specific mechanics of the “most hardcore” iteration of smash which is already cutting the target audience even smaller. To add, the visuals/budget just can’t match the production quality of Smash itself and the character designs generally are beyond terrible; a big draw for any player, which Capcom excels at.

The only one I can think of that gained traction is Slam City which gained traction for finding its own niche

Attached: 80B6BC1C-6874-4E55-8577-2390698DF0AD.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

To add, you’re implying that having interesting, appealing characters isn’t key for fighting games in general, which is untrue.

What's going off here, I thought Xrd's characters were sprites.

No, it's all 3d models.

Is he still based?

Attached: IMG_20190527_104431.png (593x684, 301K)

I doubt it would come to the PS4/5. I could see it coming to Switch though. Either way I just want a new KI with better visuals and the Blanka-esque snail character

Attached: GSD.jpg (1022x673, 89K)

Well one of those is a random number generator so that knocks one off the list.

its a fighter platformer

This

Cool so a subcategory of fighting games. It’s just not a “traditional” fighting game

>game meta is snap characters and play the block simulator
>not kusoge

As a show, tekken ALWAYS delivers. I don't know why but they always manage to do have some sick moments during top 8 and shit like that, and I don't even play the game
I play V and I couldn't feel anything during combo breaker

Dragonball FighterZ isn’t a fighting game because it has 3v3 teams and the fighting games I grew up with only let you pick one character at a time

>we will never see Tatsunoko Vs Capcom 2

Attached: 37E3840F-0954-44D4-974F-B745ED936D02.jpg (552x370, 62K)

I know this is supposed to be some sort of hyper passive aggressive comment on how people don't think Smash is a fighting game, but at least do enough research to know that anyone who grew up with SFII probably also grew up with tag fighters

No those are “tag” fighting games. Not fighting games, and are only there for spectacle to draw people to the cabinet at arcades.

Yeah, yeah. Get it all out of your system.

Don’t forget they’re also underages who need to play as all their favorites at once in a match instead of waiting until the next to play as their other favorite

What is a fighting game to you?

Alex isn't even in this game.
It's his dumbass twin brother Alexander.

Attached: Balanced Game.png (1000x731, 434K)

Arcana Hearts 3.

>SGGK
whats your gripe with it? its an option select available to every character. it's not like entire matches ride on it.

first off, Fuck mr wizard

second, Samurai showdown is to new to even be listed.

third, DBFZ/Tekken,SFV have already solutionized and are boring as fuck to watch unless someone fucks off

finally, smash is a kids game and its balance has and always will be dogshit

Attached: IMG_20181012_160303.jpg (2048x1536, 703K)

I recognize that Smash’s format is very distinct compared to any traditional fighter, I just think the weird autistic restrictions people place on the genre are entertaining. It amuses me how people still can’t get over Smash’s popularity and need to find someway to be “superior”. Btw, I’m the one who posted about TvC earlier and I only play Smash once in a while (Casshern/Polimar all the way baby)

The actual best (melee and DoA) aren't there.

Def Jam Vendetta

Smash would be the most entertaining to watch if the game fleshed out its unique physics more.

For example, all the fun shit you can pull off with WFT's ball:

youtu.be/1g5IhWxGqp0

Attached: 0d3c147ecaa283e0901c324fed8a8f26.jpg (600x800, 69K)

Super Turbo HD Remix

what’s wrong with the balance in ultimate?

Always

Attached: 1506774583440.png (640x480, 312K)

Based.

Attached: D4x1PoRXoAEFm7U.jpg (1031x1500, 116K)

Literally nothing.

Character diversity is the best it's ever been and there's no "broken character of the patch" like with 4.

Nothing, especially considering it has 70+ fighters. He clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about

That just entices children even more.

Yes, abs then there are games like smash that ONLY have neutral

Is mostly Melee players infecting everything, they are the worse fighting community in existence.

>setups and defense are bad

Attached: 1532276904472.png (223x339, 109K)

Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Attached: 43ac6be69318ec09ac23db65448312eb.jpg (1920x1200, 1.13M)

Attached: C5D3E2DA-78FA-4EA4-9499-B7453A0BAB7B.gif (353x117, 486K)

You don't play melty or unist if you think that.

Why is dbfz so boring to watch/play. matches takes forever, also level 3 the game

>triple fast fall

Attached: 1556319015620.jpg (500x500, 46K)

>says BBTAG is a safe space for people who can't cut it in real BB
Based

I would say Tekken7 but only becosue i havent try SamSho yet.

Attached: lmao.gif (500x455, 496K)

all of them are TRASH, BBCF and GG didn't make it in

Attached: 1531989785440.jpg (1120x900, 743K)

Sure cant wait for nothing but Johnny and Izanami/Jin/Mai in Evo.

Watching Japanese arcade footages is more entertaining with more character pick varieties