UNIST Thread

Nothing like a major to remind anyone that we all got a long way to go

Attached: DHNlQSrV0AAW_DQ.jpg orig.jpg (1000x725, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/painbot_tv/status/1132641521432518657
twitter.com/RoyalPainv2/status/1127230875345797120
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pass is vee
I fought a god
And I at least got him to red health.

Attached: D7dpZU4WsAAnJ5A.jpg orig.jpg (2048x1365, 253K)

How did you guys do a CB?

I didn't compete because I didn't want to pay $120 up front, $80 maybe but I was two days late to register online. And I was unavailable Friday.
Was a bit too tired after watching Top 8 to play more for the night to play but I was just glad to have fought Lamp at least once.

I'm mad you didn't use this as the OP

Attached: D7gLpFyXsAIrEZR.jpg (2048x1459, 384K)

Ah damn, did you at least get to play some casuals while you were there.

Of course but aside from meeting with bench and some others, not with anybody worth mentioning.
I saw it earlier today but I don't know, didn't feel it for some reason.

I didn't practice at all because I wasn't sure what days I was working till week of. I went 2-2 but I feel like a winner

Attached: IMG_20190526_181201740.jpg (2448x3264, 1.8M)

To be fair all of the brackets were stacked with really good players.

oh yeah and my local helped make this happen. twitter.com/painbot_tv/status/1132641521432518657
XD

Attached: D04VsYxX0AEtKLk.png (215x281, 118K)

I've watched people eat Hilda j[C]s all last night, sei. You ain't opening me up with that. I sure hope you watched those Hildas kill it at CB, because squish sure felt it.
Try the empty teleport into low instead.

I should have gotten more games in on the tourney setups before my pools matches. I was happy with my defense and decision making for the most part but execution was slop city and I paid dearly for it. 2-2.

I got a chance to meet and chat briefly with our Seth friends today, so that was cool even if I didn't get a chance to play them

Attached: 1557197565715.png (1280x720, 985K)

Those Hilda's were wild, I've been focusing on learning Carmine so I've been neglecting labbing with my Hilda for quite some time.

Attached: 1532572642399.jpg (891x625, 128K)

twitter.com/RoyalPainv2/status/1127230875345797120
Look into learning this also
> Royal did this to Fox in top8 and nobody but the people in our local even realized what had happened.

Attached: 1509604584971.jpg (323x311, 32K)

by the way, pancake seth was saying something about brkrdave and a ft10 not on 4/5f hippie

Me, park, and merk talked about Carmine. People were going crazy for Schoolbus when he busted out his Carmine when that's what I wanted to see out of him the entire time since I found Carmine way more fun to watch, and since that was his character before Wagner.
Even when doing the usual trick of j[C] whiff in the side-switch people went crazy, just wait til Notes blesses us at EVO.

I remember seeing people talk about a few weeks ago on the discord.

Not sure how my connection holds with them now but they can get it at EVO if it's still shit.

yeah it was funny the crowd didn't react and the commentators didn't really acknowledge it, I don't think most of the people there even realized that was the unseeable setup.

UNIST arcade at round 1 when? Would be fun to play on a cabinet.

I was surprised you didn't end up playing him yesterday, he seemed like a pretty cool dude from the few minutes we talked. Fuck him for coming up with all the stupid Seth shit that I have no idea how to block though. Apparently he has a yt video with all the setups.

supposedly round 1 is getting nesicaxlive 2 cabs soon but I'm pretty sure UNIST isn't on those.

Sploogie? I didn't even get a chance to meet him since I only met our PC Seth

redblade...

Since when did we get a PC Seth? Also didn't Sploogie occasionally join these PS4 lobbies?

Attached: Runback.webm (750x445, 2.86M)

since im moving more north in the next year probably, hopefully i can go next year (i promise ill go to other chicago and romeoville locals too)

Apparently "our" Seth is rare but I thought sploogie was more concerned about shitposting atic with his pancakes persona in here.
Either way, I met the former while I didn't get to meet the latter.
Shoulda seen Lamp's magic pixel comeback against psychotik.

jeebus

I missed the last few matches of the top 16. CB was crazy

Attached: Mika Gummy Bears.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Yup, I caught him after he finished playing a set with lamp. I was hoping to get my ass beat today as well but then they shut down all the setups to make room for T7 top 8.
The PC dude has only dropped by once or twice here, but I've definitely played with him and melk before the PC lobbies became more frequent. And yeah, sploogie was pretty much just fucking with atic and pissing hippie off.

Attached: 1551978298583.jpg (512x1106, 52K)

Beat JDR on stream 2-0 then lost 1-2 to him in losers. Ty all for the help.

Well at least I can play UNI characters in BBTAG on it?

I've been playing on Vita. I heard a new version is coming out. Is that right?

There's only rumors so nobody knows yet.

I saw that, good shit. It was cool to see.
didn't know he beat you in losers though

Attached: 1555118556066.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

Ah, yeah, that's when I left the line to find seats for Top 8 since it was around 7:40-ish after I saw LPT die to Lamp

Taiwan rating leak with an image for the title actually so it's no rumor.

Attached: Setplay.webm (725x425, 2.86M)

You want the stuff from later in that set

>that 19 year old Boomer who uses 236a on round start and talks about the good old days

Attached: eltnum-uniel-victory-art.png (1500x1800, 965K)

>Beat JDR on stream
Fucking nice, told you he wasn't
>1-2 in losers
Fuck. Good shit though. Hopefully you can make it out to garage gear since I definitely need more experience fighting seth, assuming my guess is correct.

>hyped about UNIB in 2013
>buys the japanese digital copy of UNIEL in 2014
>goes to local
>no one likess the game because it's "too different "
>still tries to take the game seriously
>travels to major and get fucked by the most commonly used character (Gordeau) because I have no matchup experience
>gives up on getting actually good since there's way to get real good practice at home
>5 years later, UNIEL gets announced at EVO
>suddenly, the game is popular everywhere

I love this game but fuck the community.

Attached: fu148765930.jpg (587x544, 145K)

It was pretty cool to see both of them on stream.

There's a reason I avoid associating with this game's community on twitter, discord, and twitch

>Wanted to grab get A ball instead
Why you do this to me Uni

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the shitty memes. As a Yuzu main, gotta say it's pretty fucking annoying to see.

You're not alone.

>Wanted to jump over EX fireball and j214C through it like a cool guy

Discord is alright as a resource for guides and seeking out specific MUs but outside of the character tabs it gets bad. The other two sound complete trash though.

I'm well aware of discord's access to information, it's just everything else about it as you mentioned that I don't want to get involved with.

I'll look it up again. After the top 8 I tuned out so I want to see if there was anything interesting in the exhibition sets.

Attached: Timeout.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

luckily you can mute every other channel

got a pc lobby up and running if any pc guys are here kw:pclobby

Attached: 1557121951746.jpg (2500x2524, 446K)

Combo Breaker was a sick ass tournament, but I'm wiped after the long weekend. That Tekken 7 top 8 and 2 hours of driving took a lot out of me, so no games for me tonight.
My play time was fairly small but I have a lot of new ideas and things to work on from watching other players that I plan to start working on as of tomorrow. Look forward to it.

Also, for some reason I assumed it was hippie constantly talking shit about phonon, so apologies for that. Rest assured, whoever it is had best be ready for hands to be thrown if we're ever at the same event. I can finally start lifting and running consistently again so I'll be prepared as a member of the defense force.

Attached: 1548387687586.jpg (708x814, 52K)

Like I said before, it would be weird of me to complain about phonon when I wasn't fighting any of them on PS lobbies

Attached: 1470982492458.png (239x145, 76K)

What's the reason? The only things I've ever heard about it was how great it was.

It's not everyday I get to have a sunday off, but I still feel like dog shit so I dunno if I should play or not.

i've played around 1400 matches and only learned yesterday veiling off in a combo takes the opponent's vorpal away

It's okay. I have around that much on the other platforms too and only learned that guard thrust uses 100 meter too if you don't have vorpal.

Have you completed the unist tutorial?

To be fair, it's relatively rare to encounter online

I had over 3k matches before I even understood what an option select was.

What's option select?

Will playing too long make you drop your inputs?

Attached: 86A52350-0EEE-438A-83E3-82DA32C8CED5.jpg (518x399, 50K)

With any given community, you're going to have the guys who enjoy talking about the game and sharing tips and ways to improve.
Then there's the other side with nothing but meming fucks, people who pretend to play the game, and bandwagoners playing what's cool before they chase the next trend.

Fatigue tends to bring a number of effects.

Was gonna play but too tired from trying out the new Disney location (pretty disappointing besides outside aesthetics by the way).

Will definitely get my fix tomorrow though!

For a community of ~2.5k people there only seems to be the same 30 or so talking in the first place, with even less actually playing together.

that's true, but you could still just hate the character in general. looking forward to getting some more games in with you at garage gear since I probably won't be going on 12 hours of being awake and several hours of playing before we can get a match in.

Fucking weird ain't it.

man, b drill just feels unfair to get hit by

I guess it's the night to be tired for everyone since I'm really drained as well. Don't think I'll play tonight.

Watching Nishine and Psykotik use 6B so much in their games has convinced me. I think I'll start occasionally incorporating 6B again next week.

well taking a round was a decent start, then i fucking went full brainlet

Good, do it.
Getting hit by more overheads will eventually make me block Byak FF

What are the chances that this game gets a new lobby system that allows for more than one match at a time? I really enjoy this game and I play in 2-3 player lobbies occasionally but I would love to see 8 player lobbies work like Guilty Gear or Skullgirls or something.

Attached: 1528503928312.png (225x234, 85K)

What happened to redblade after he went suicidal?

Attached: 1558843148613.jpg (232x305, 17K)

Somewhere between none and zero.

I agree. B Drill setups are raw cheese and I hate it.

I saw him sadposting on /afgg/ afterward and left a supportive post to cheer him up.

Why do I keep forgetting that wag's 214c can get me past projectiles?

Depends if French Bread asks Arcsys for a better network but that really depends on their priorities for an upcoming versions.
In my head, [cl-r] just seems like a patch and two new characters so they probably have room to upgrade their network qualities but fat chance Arcsys gives a shit.
Then again, it's getting popular so maybe they can take advantage of his momentum.

>no phonons in lobby
this could possibly be the best sunday i've had in a long time

He cheered up. Still upset because he knew he had every advantage to win but dropped hard after Never recovered from that.

He should've won since I though Lampo was playing poorly.

Clearly not that poorly if he won.

I felt that too, actually. His play was a bit sloppy and I think killing Trill and Fox helped him get back to form now that he didn't have to deal with projectile bullshit anymore.

That's it, I'm back tracing your IP address and coming for you. I'll make an exception and join the lobby just for you.
>non-gapless blockstring when the other player has vorpal and 200 meter
still mad.

Attached: 1550547811268.jpg (431x468, 83K)

Yeah the final match he turned a switch on but before that the matches he had were shit and legit thought he would lose.

Yeah, Fox absolutely drained him. Honestly the reason red was so beat up was because he was the reason he lost. Lamp did nothing and still got into red's head.

Yeah, that mental scar from Climax is very real. Though he did take 1 more match then he did at Climax, so it's an improvement.

Remember claw, 236C.
Don't ever let me feel comfortable from range if you have the meter

Attached: grab loli.gif (450x496, 1M)

I've gotta get that into my head, I don't think using it even crossed my mind once that match.

Ah man, I'm not doing 3CAD automatically anymore. What was even the point of practicing?

Attached: 1556539885635.gif (350x264, 1010K)

time to test the limits of which stages i can pick in this lobby

Does Yuzu have any bad match up? I honestly can't think of any.

If you're good enough, probably not that many.

Is there a moment of vulnerability when you shield? I thought I shielded nana's overhead but I got hit instead.

god dammit how do i stop myself from regressing. i feel like im just fucking up the simplest things now

Attached: 151852896914.jpg (740x1280, 117K)

Doesn't she have a bad matchup with Merk and Orie?

You probably got mixed up.
>nana
Yeah you probably got mixed up.

The Yuzu Merk match up is in Yuzu's favor, I'm not sure about Orie though.

Both of her dash normals have the same startup animation: one is low and one is overhead, so you're taking a gamble reacting with a shield.

Attached: 1539932594843.png (1225x467, 89K)

But it was her swordcar overhead...

>All 1 bar connections
I hope it's alright

Attached: 1558848394937.png (582x900, 710K)

Oh shit it's Bastadon I haven't seen him join these lobbies in so long.

I'm not sure then, but that one's -6 anyway so you might as well just block it and punish

I thought about it at least that time even though I didn't pull it off.

Dang, are you telling me I've been getting slapped by tournament-level chads this whole time? That almost makes the pain bearable.

Sorry not from Illinois.

>Missed all of UNIST at Combo Breaker because of work
Guess I gotta watch the VOD for any hot Elt gameplay.

Attached: delete.jpg (453x454, 32K)

Fug.
Maybe next year at Frosty or the rare chance I fly out to something that isn't EVO this year.

heads up pc, im closing lobby in 15 min

I just shouldn't bother trying to dp.

Shaquille UNIEL put in some serious work.

I think I'm just gonna swap between Vatista and Nanase each time it's my turn in the lobbies for a while. I can't decide which one I want to practice.

Yeah I think I'll go to climax then frostys as my next big ones. There's a thing in Denver in June that I'll be at too.

Watching him eat royal's skewers was fun.

It does?

Attached: 07262494.jpg (1440x810, 90K)

it's strange, I expected more to show up because of the day off tomorrow, but it's just been us four

does VO need to hit/be blocked to take away vorpal or does simply activating it do that?

the veil off has to hit them itself to take their vorpal away (in a combo)

You gotta hit them, in combo it strips, raw it grd breaks.

How the FUCK do I always get downloaded in one round? I know I can beat you, why is it like this? I didn't think it be like this, but it do.

I took a break joining pc lobbies since I became more able to stay up late. I'll try to join more if possible since I really need to improve both my Mika and Wald.

Why can't I defend anything tonight? Am I that tired?

aight ggs pc,closing the lobby as im just spaghetting too hard now. this is probably gonna be the last night i can stay up late playing since im gonna be working now and will need to wake up early to drive the far journey

Attached: 147990.gif (500x375, 1.94M)

>I took a break but then started joining pc lobbies*
I might be more tired than I thought.

Attached: Dmw1zgBV4AEh7jT.jpg (800x715, 69K)

remaking it.
kw: pclobby

GGs my dude. I wish you the best and I hope you keep up with the wagner practice.

Attached: 1540593951541.png (501x388, 7K)

Actually, scratch that. I wasn't watching the clock. G'nite dudes. I gotta get to bed.

Is there gonna be a lobby tomorrow night, Hippie?

Attached: Thinking.png (270x277, 165K)

Why wouldn't there be

Just asking in case you go do some wild shit for Memorial Day.

I tend to plan ahead for those so nah, business as usual.

GGs pclobby
You're hit confirms were good but you need to mixup your blockstrings more. 6b>5[c]>6c is very punishable on read.

I'll never play with you fags cause paying for psn is bullshit but I just gotta say Hilda is a fucking slut. Slut!

Go buy a PS3 then dumbass

Just get the ps3 version

I uh, may leave prematurely tonight. Good 2 games, boys.

Either play on PC or get the PS3 version if you want to play.

You can get a ps3 and the game for like $50 probably. PSN is still free on PS3 as well.

GGs

>Room exploded
It's a bit late for me so I think I'll stop here for tonight. Thanks for the games guys.

Attached: 1555970758204.jpg (1280x1280, 222K)

GGs

GGs

Hey hippie, can you join in? I can't connect with razzy.

Do you know why we can't connect together because I literally have no clue.

There's been cases of weirdly incompatible connections sometimes. At worst, you can't even enter the chara select with some people.

Dunno, just doesn't work with some people. It used to do this with sai too, then one night it seemed to fix itself. You don't have any bars on my end.

This also happens with lamp, but he said before that I had 3 bars with him.

Don't you just hate it when you don't complete the motion and do 3blah instead of 236blah.

You should really try and iron out that 421C combo razzy. That shit is a hell of a thing to have down.

And for claw, try using j2C more in pressure strings, that shit is safe even if I shield it.

Why can't I CS DP? DPs in this game feel harder for some reason, compared to blazblue at least.

Yeah I know right. Every time I start a combo with it, I'll usually just fuck up the whiff or try to just land the j214a and drop it.
Also, I think I need to start remembering that I can grab mid-air.

I think you can only land that j[C] > jA > jB thing with Wagner if you're at 3C range beforehand with your launcher. Otherwise you send them down flying way too far for any of your air normals to reach.

Reminder that Byakuya might just be the most honest character in the whole game.

Think I'm going to call it there myself, you two can have the last match.

Attached: DVd7Z7tUQAAqQg7.jpg orig.jpg (768x768, 89K)

What time do these rooms normally go up?

Honestly I'm just trying to get used to doing the combo in an actual match. Going off ~5 min of practice beforehand. I don't think you can even do it without 3c.

Then again, I suck.

Look at OP post's time

Dang, that's what I get for doing something dumb.
GGs, gonna watch some of that CB later and maybe learn something.

Attached: EltBurrito.jpg (882x642, 139K)

GGs everyone, good hussle in fighting on when everyone else was really tired.
Also, I can totally see my arms in that shot of Lamp

Attached: D1eWfY3UcAAPD9R.png orig.png (400x400, 69K)

GGs guys

Try j236[A] after something like 5C > j[C] then

It works but I'd rather end a combo like that in 66c>22x. I know the general combo theory for wag, it's the execution (read:not choking/auto-piloting) that screws me up.

Like the fact that I almost never pull off my real corner combo.

Anyone else think Byak might be a bit fucked up?
>really good corner carry that goes into good oki that also happens to give him a billion GRD and also loops on top of that

Yeah he can be busted with the right setup.

slept through most of CB, still managed to catch top 8, and i'm guessing i missed tonight's lobby too. Were there any good Phonon matches i could watch from CB?
Man i was really cheering for Redblade in the finals, but the moment i saw him use the Icey i knew he wouldn't win a single game after that.

Attached: Phonon stretch.jpg (550x1050, 66K)