Has a video game ever scared or unnerved you legitimately?

Has a video game ever scared or unnerved you legitimately?

Attached: Momo_Resized.jpg (680x510, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Up1otP8qc8s
store.steampowered.com/app/223710/Cry_of_Fear/)
youtube.com/watch?v=zwGOWS2svas
youtu.be/Up1otP8qc8s
youtube.com/watch?v=JsdjOAjfb-A
twitter.com/cursedarachnid/status/1110639633459830786
youtube.com/watch?v=VvKbbHKpwnU
youtu.be/ga_WeesTq40
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kero kero

bonito

HEE HEE WE MEET AGAIN

Attached: DB2FC0FC-3EA8-48BA-87F5-46806715381C.jpg (1200x630, 25K)

She cute.

why, my peanus weenus of course :)

hahah!

it's my weeeeeenus peanus! hahah :)

ITT: Unnerving enemies - my answer, of course, my peanus weenus :D

hahaha!

BASED

cry of fear was pretty spooky too

Attached: imscared.png (259x262, 3K)

Attached: hqdefault (49).jpg (480x360, 16K)

Attached: 0DA205EF-53C3-4D29-8ED8-35FA4282E646.jpg (750x1103, 469K)

Aww man, fuck you.

Honestly I get a boner when I see Momo. I imagine her giving me a BJ and looking up at me with her huge eyes. Gives me goosebumps and makes my toes curl desu

Drakengard is creepy as shit. It's like a study of evil

hee hee

Good taste. Too bad I think team psykiller is gone

Cry of Fear made me uninstall the game after I reached the first boss with the chainsaw.

Fuck you man

OYE ES EL AYUWOKI D:

Don't remind me of this.

>that one scene where caim kicks a wounded soldier on his own faction in the head
Game was fucking hilarious desu

Depends, are VNs vidya?

Attached: 1551480806689.png (1026x768, 805K)

this game called Faith

youtube.com/watch?v=Up1otP8qc8s

Attached: 1557529987941.jpg (840x700, 101K)

Fucking delet this

Attached: 1547011208103.jpg (1024x1024, 94K)

No, OP. You're supposed to say
>Gentleman, how do we fix the horror genre?
B a s e d

Never.
Unless it has spider enemies, Fuck spiders.
I legitimately quit playing Thief just because I ran into some giant spiders.

Explain this meme to me idgi

Is Observation any good?

Attached: observation.jpg (1920x1080, 404K)

pathologic is the only game to make me feel truly unnerved and disorientated.

Attached: 20190527030740_1.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

yes, silent hill on the ps1 made me cower like a fucking coward while beating it i was like 8-9 years old and had nightmares for like a week but the game was so good i couldn't stop

The part that had me most on edge was (do not read this if you haven't played Cry of Fear. You are doing yourself a disservice if you haven't played CoF. It is free, and genuinely in the top 15 horror games of all time: store.steampowered.com/app/223710/Cry_of_Fear/) right after that, where you're going through a dilapidated apartment building. You hear the chainsaw boss revving the fuck up, and you're running through a bunch of tight corridors. Probably the most scared I've ever been in any video game.

How did you feel about Bloodborne?

Attached: Nightmare_Apostles_Group.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

Did they ever press charges against the truck driver?

>Euro country
>Pressing charges

context? i dont get it..

Attached: IMG_0643.jpg (4032x3024, 2.08M)

Hee hee!

Attached: 14BA9596-5A63-40C7-B97D-8B202362569C.jpg (727x1251, 456K)

why was she called momo if she looks more like froppy?

As a kid, RE2 sewers spooked me pretty good. Then I bought a PS4 not knowing that the controllers had a speaker; first game was RE:R1. Played completely in the dark past midnight (live alone) with the controller close to my face and almost broke my fucking back when the controller started talking.

Loved it until I saw those fuckers.
Dropped the game for a few months until the DLC came out.

Kited those fuckers out one by one by shooting them from the outside.

look up "brick flies through windshield liveleak"

OG Silent Hill's goes without saying.
Darkwood always makes me tense up to the point where I have to take breaks.
Been meaning to check this out, looks pretty cool. How long is it?

Attached: 74304259.jpg (1440x810, 95K)

Attached: IMG_0614.jpg (4032x3024, 3.32M)

basado..

>his mom dies instantly
That would fucking crush me if that happened right next to me. Fuck you, incel.

brick flew off a truck and slammed through the windshield. The mother got struck in the face while the father and kids scream in horror

Meh. Too bad the overall story is a little cringy, and some of the bosses suck.

Sounds pretty hilarious lol, I could probably fap to that.

Attached: IMG_0619.jpg (4032x3024, 3.76M)

Every single second of this game. I picked it up for free on the epic store but holy shit, I couldn't stay in the shallow-ass starting area for 30 seconds before I started freaking out.

Attached: SeaglidingInGrassyPlats.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

>Mario has logged in

>when the phone rings in Yuki's room

Attached: 1420980090105.jpg (840x700, 368K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zwGOWS2svas

God I hate how they move. It's so unnatural and so twitchy, it scares the crap out of me. The low res makes it even worse.

Resident Evil e is a story about a police chief who's really a scientist using his special task force to test out the efficacy of "bio-organic weapons." It's everything else that makes it good.

For a joke game that scene was legitimately scary

Attached: IMG_0620.jpg (4032x3024, 3.71M)

Soundtrack gives me goosebumps everytime
youtu.be/Up1otP8qc8s

Attached: Faith.jpg (2220x1080, 498K)

There was this skateboarding game my friends and I always played. I just remember being in a warehouse or other enclosed area doing tricks a lot, like you just dicked around in an area for 10 min or whatever

It had this opening, like one of the studios or whatever, where there was an open manhole cover on the street and a creepy zombie hand popped out and pulled it shut. That used to give me nightmares.
If somebody knows what I'm talking about I'd love to see it again

A bit on the clunky side but some good scares in this one.

Attached: lost in vivo.png (1552x873, 2.85M)

Sell me on it

its free

It became the Mexican version of Bloody Mary
It was a legend where if you were awake past 2 am hee hee would come for you. Probably something a parent told their kid to go to sleep and it blew up from there.

It's free. If you're in any way interested in horror, you'll get it. Plain and simple. Same with Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut, which is by the same guy.

Attached: AoM splash screen.png (1280x960, 596K)

Tony Hawk Underground.

I should really go back and play it someday

Attached: IMG_0622.jpg (4032x3024, 3.22M)

The first Corpse Party did

cringe

Attached: You're making me nervous.png (932x682, 744K)

Ever played Limbo? Seems like you'd love it.

Legitimately great soundtrack for what it is. Love me some Moonlight Sonata.

Attached: IMG_0645.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

Am I the only one here that jerked it to Momo's titties?

>playing darkwood
>using the "holes!" shortcut in the swamp area several times because holy fuck instant teleport across the map is good shit
>suddenly encounter the centipede enemy for the first time
First time in recent memory that I've straight up alt+f4'd, goddamn

Attached: 1346032806633.jpg (400x407, 124K)

Attached: fckggoat.webm (540x540, 1.04M)

fin.

Attached: IMG_0628.jpg (4032x3024, 2.66M)

They released Chapter II if you're interested.

Momo is cute, bro

Attached: 1558566569372.png (1935x2772, 1.49M)

I'd rather have the horror scattered around as a complement in a non-horror game not because I'm an atmospherefag or like "deep lore" or something like that but because I'm a massive pussy and if I know the game is about horror it will always feel unnerving to me the first time since I don't know what ugly shit in the dark the dev will show so I don't know if anytime I got scared in one of them counts. Just going underwater in first person view makes me nervous without fail.

cringe?

silent hill 2
eternal darkness
amnesia
morrowind

scariest moments in my video game life have always been when i was risking something. those moments where you could lose hours of progress if you died made my heart race. absolutely nothing has beaten deep wildy pking in runescape

What the fucking fuck are you on about? See this is why I hate this place nowadays. I make a post, and the first guy to reply is some schizo faggot retard who talks about nothing related to any conversation in the thread. Please think before you speak, nigger.

This makes me feel weird.

Attached: alfabetajuega-enemigos-jefes-3-040817.jpg (782x440, 200K)

I thought that background feather was her dick

Now all I can see is a dick.

They were arrested for hate speech because the driver was a muslim.

>What the fucking fuck are you on about?
>Too bad the overall story is a little cringy
And then I used Resident Evil to illustrate that story matters little in horror. It's everything else.

did the mother live?

I guess Dead Space but I knew what I was getting into. Nothing really scares me in video games.

Nobody fucking cares, stop posting.

Limbo was alright.
But fuck if Twilight Princess didnt unnerve the shit out of me, especially that one hole that was filled with skulltulas, and any game that tries to pull shit like that.

I understood his point what now faggot? All games have stupid stories.

This is fucking hilarious and incredibly effective. Not terrifying, but the sheer absurdity of it just works really well. I would never have the patience to play a joke game just for a scare, unfortunately.
youtube.com/watch?v=JsdjOAjfb-A

Certainly.

>Resident Evil's dogs and spiders used to give me nightmares.
>Silent Hill made me legit afraid to go out at night.
>Afraid Of Monsters ? NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.NOPE. NOPE!

Attached: 1515699595010.png (700x599, 532K)

yes, i remeber that one part in dead space 2 where you have to go back to the ishimura fuck me i was fucking terrified

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>What the fucking fuck are you on about?
>Nobody fucking cares, stop posting.
Based.

Attached: DK2.gif (333x447, 1.45M)

Anybody have that picture of bart simpson where it’s gray and there’s that creepy realistic photo of bart simpson in the background?

Soma fucked me up for a while. I was smoking a lot of weed back then and had a bit of an existential crisis.

Where is this from

I think Mr X is Resident Evil 2 (remake) really felt terrifying and kept up the tense moments with his endless walking. Just goes to show you how important good sound design is. It was also amazing how they remade the jump scare moment when he pops out of the wall It screamed like a bitch

Attached: 1549887768973.jpg (685x608, 66K)

Alien versus Predator 2,just about any part with facehuggers in the hives where it is pitch black and you can hear them quietly skittering around.

Based rage poster dabbing on schizos and trannies

I remember being like 7 years old and the mortal Kombat fatalities scared the hell out of me because at the time it looked really realistic.

Attached: 1558853345039.jpg (724x1024, 80K)

>

Silent Hill 1's prologue scares me. Just walking through the fog and then in a dark alley those little things start running over you.. yikes.
Also I distinctly remember playing Resident Evil 3 and, in one part of the city, a zombie just rises up from behind a car and the shot was very scary to me, not to mention the Regenerators from RE 4. Those Regenerators aren't just a mere jumpscare; they scare me the way snakes do, they're just unnerving on a feral level, my instincts tell me to run.

>human body

Attached: 1554132890642.jpg (320x240, 10K)

T-002 was just annoying as fuck in the demake.
I also always managed to skip the wall-break, which shows how fucking random the game is.

>i-it's a bright and positive children's adventure game!!

Attached: OoT royal grave redead.jpg (640x480, 181K)

How can you be afraid of atari graphics and SAM voices

that's cripsy

twitter.com/cursedarachnid/status/1110639633459830786

Attached: file.png (1536x2048, 3.03M)

Simplicity let's the imagination go nuts.

On a scale of 1-10, how dense is this game with jump scares? The first ten minutes felt like they were setting me up for a big "BOO" moment, but it was intriguing. If it's just a bunch of jump scares, though, I won't bother.

I would say its arguably on the same level of Cry of Fear.
There are definitely some jumpscares, but I think they’re reasonably spaced out to not be obnoxious.

You need to play Penumbra

doki doki literature club legitimately scared because I'm a pussy

Attached: 1515388013129.gif (269x201, 1.88M)

how?

Attached: beckett disapproves.png (1231x1000, 1.11M)

>the first time through deepnest
>finding out that some of the bugs didnt stay dead
>nosk
Deepnest is easily the best chunk of HK, prove me wrong

Attached: 1511218754252.jpg (387x290, 13K)

Experiencing PT for the first time really got to me. Played it in my college dorm before my roommate had arrived so it was this weird feeling of being alone despite dozens of people down the hall. Started seeing Lisa in my dreams the next couple of nights.

the suicide girl (didn't see that coming) + the picture in the game files

DON'T FUCKING POST THAT ITS LEGIT HORRIFYING

Attached: 1505806608737.gif (268x278, 844K)

Stalkers in Dead Space 2
Floating Head in Fatal Frame
The Silent Hill 4 trailer also unnerves me.

Diving under the water when you've been on the surface for a while and seeing nothing below you in Subnautica terrifies me.

Don't say that about my wife

>the picture in the game files
Which one?

Big horror fan here, been looking for something spooky that doesn't resort to jumpscares for a while now. Really enjoying Darkwood now that I'm in the swing of it. Do I need to be moving faster during the day, or can I take my time? Are the days limited?

Also, I want to try cry of fear, but I'm just not interested in the jump scares. Is it good beyond let's play bait? I'll dive in if so. Any other recommendations? I'm downloading pathologic now.

>Fission Mailed
God damn you, Kojima.
>save file hijinks in Eternal Darkness
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Not only spooky but disturbing as well.

Parasite Eve 2 had some of the most unnerving enemies I've seen in any video game.

Attached: 67_desertanmc.jpg (350x265, 23K)

I think they did. Negligence causing death or something.

Or they didn't find him... I don't want to search as this shit is one of the things that legitimately scarred me (the other being with mother who lost her son and husband in a car crash)

Yeah

is there any russianfriends that can translate what hes actually saying in the video?

Man I wish I had a poo in loo friend to have shitty Indian flirting with Momo

No :(

Why is this mediocre crap so popular? It isn't unnerving

If you don't feel anything while watching that I don't know what to tell you user

I love darkwood, especially with how organic and natural the scares are, no artificial jumpscares or anything in it, every little thing you hear is something actually lingering outside of your vision unlike other games like Amnesia that'll play spooky monster sounds when there's not even a monster spawn in the level
To answer your question, days are only limited in the sense that resources are limited and you'll be needing to use them to survive the nights, if you find youself not making much progress you might not make it through the next one

And cry of fear is a load of buggy bullshit, I honestly can't see the appeal of the game when it's a just a bunch of loud noises, jump scares and instakills
I was constantly annoyed while playing it rather than spooked, the cherry on top is when you come across the couple weapons scattered around that say "lol you have to be a donater to pick this up"
It's a free game so you don't lose anything other than your time for trying it, but I don't think it's even worth it

People die every day... We're nothing more than specks of sand on a beach... waiting for the waves to wash us away...

damn bro *hits blunt* that's deep as fuck

sneed

are you 16?

the berserker fight in Gears of War 1 was legitimately terrifying the first time I played it
then again I was about 12

Attached: 193174-berserker.jpg (480x356, 18K)

No need to flatter me.. I know I have the depth comparable to that of the Mariana Trench..

I am merely just a man with a lifetime of wisdom...

youtube.com/watch?v=VvKbbHKpwnU

this entire level traumatized me as a child and i only could play it with my mother nearby

Attached: caveof.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Attached: 1545748567809.png (1686x1440, 324K)

it traumatized me because of how fucking long and hard that stupid cave was.

Post video

>I know I have the depth comparable to that of the Mariana Trench
Your boy pussy will once I'm done busting those cheeks

No because I hardly play any horror games.

Attached: 1280645387233.jpg (562x1265, 304K)

>Amnesia that'll play spooky monster sounds when there's not even a monster spawn in the level
Did you just bash game for keeping tension?

These chicks are my guilty types. You know they're not worth going for, because they'll most certainly have issues, but they're so fucking cute that it blocks all your reasoning.

Attached: 1554697109731.jpg (590x582, 47K)

Silent Hill 1

it's not tension if it's artificial, if there was something actually there it would be tense
sound design is important for horror but sounds are only horrifying if they're actually coming from something, you get me?
outside of the handful of 5 or 6 actual scripted monster spawns in that game it's just background noise you can run through without worry

Context?

It's a great game too.
I never manage to save the dog in time :(

You ever hear about the terrorist attacks of September 11th 2001?

Fucking hell this is true horror. Fuck ghosts and monsters real life can be brutal

Thanks for the blog post, Facebook normalfag.

Same. MK always spooked me as a kid. Now I love the series.

Yeah, how does it relate to the photos?

Attached: 1526916212941m.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

It doesn't. Just making sure that you never forget. :^)

Really making me think...hmmm :^

The kids' screams are genuinely horrifying. You know they'll be traumatized for life.

doubt it lmao, bet they hopped out of the car and started doing fortnite dances by the corpse just after that brick got yeeted into their mothers face

The video was recorded a number of years ago. I first saw it long before present zoomer culture was a thing.

Afraid of Monsters
and, not vidya related, but also this
youtu.be/ga_WeesTq40

Attached: fackfall.png (640x620, 145K)

Attached: 59781853_414408969398155_6310737402825673207_n.jpg (640x640, 36K)

Seeing/hearing Reapers in the murky water beneath the Aurora, being chased by Suitors in Amnesia: Justine and Cry of Fear.

Attached: artworks-000310286076-8wrf60-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 29K)

Most of Dead Space 1 and whenever the black guy appears in SCP Containment Breach

Attached: Shadman.webm (718x720, 973K)

Oh, and I forgot Chapter 2 of Death Mark, where you're chased through the suicide forest by an obese retard with a swarm of bees for a face and a power drill he uses to turn his victims into hives for the bees to live in.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Is this an ARG or something?

game?

The ambient sound in this game is so good