What kinda spell does a fella have to cast to get a new harry potter game around here?

what kinda spell does a fella have to cast to get a new harry potter game around here?

Attached: 618.png (839x657, 39K)

Not a fan of the franchise, but I have to admit I'm surprised warner hasn't milked it like backnin the day when every movie released with a game

that hedwig gets me everytime

Why would you ever want yet another game based on the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

this

what are you guys looking for in a HP game? do you want it to be centered around Hogwarts so you can experience wizard school with your self-insert protag? any interest in the content expanded upon by the recent shitty movies?

Attached: 1526444456985.gif (660x780, 201K)

I mean, you could make and RPG out of the concept. Although to make it fun it should probably be located out of Hogwarts. It would be at least something interesting to see.

maybe this is why the new movies are awful since she wrote the screenplay for these

Attached: 1558404849004.jpg (593x767, 55K)

They don't really make games like that any more on consoles or PC, it's all phone shit. At least it's no where near as much as it was back in the day.

A new game is in development.

Attached: 1540191021705.webm (864x480, 2.99M)

After 'arry Potter shenanigans Hogwarts exploring with character you make. Having big titted female character is possible.

>that old leak
totalbiscuit confirmed last year that leak was bs

Attached: 1549161235356.jpg (406x364, 118K)

saw something on Yea Forums that rowling isn't a fan of video games and doesn't license it out for them

he's also dead

>do you want it to be centered around Hogwarts so you can experience wizard school with your self-insert protag?
yeah
>any interest in the content expanded upon by the recent shitty movies?
no
would want basically an open-world bully with magic and all of that

TB is a dead fat cunt, did you talk to his cancer ridden ghost or what?

Yes Hogwarts is easily the best setting. A 1:1 fully realized setting would be kino as hell.
>All those secret passageways
>Those moving staircases
>All the secret rooms
Jesus fuck.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWSY WITH IT

The Prince of Azkaban game was somewhat like that if I recall correctly

How is Harry Potter anti-Christian? Harry is literally Jesus Christ in that story

Soccer moms complained a lot in the early 2000's that HP was satanic propaganda because magic

I seriously hope that wasn't what user was referring to

i remember my parents wouldn't let me read it because someone at our church told them it was magic and magic was bad (somehow lord of the rings was ok though). my mom told me that harry was a loser because he had glasses and if i read the book i would be a loser too.

Attached: 1537982877552.png (1180x590, 111K)

Man I wish that the rumour Rocksteady was making a Harry Potter game was true. Really, just think about it, it's perfect for them.
>mix between mindless but kewl combat and puzzle solving with magic
>have Hogwarts be a small but ultra detailed map full of secrets n shit, that also changes over the game
>tiny but interesting character interactions with and between the teachers and students

>(somehow lord of the rings was ok though)

LoTR is explicitly a Christian work.

Based mommy

Attached: 1557793709827.jpg (1193x715, 48K)

jokes on me and i didn't listen to her and read a friend's copy and now i'm a loser and have to wear glasses reeee. right now im listening to a ASMR girl video on youtube pretending she's my gf

Attached: 1525701436784.png (306x306, 73K)

If you know you're a loser why don't you try to fix yourself?

Why would anyone care about this after Rowling went insane?

>Hermione was black!
>Dumbledore was Hitler's gay lover!
>This guy was jewish and this one was autistic and this one was trans!

Never forget this is a real tweet

Attached: 8160798-6560397-Yesterday_Harry_Potter_fan_site_Pottermore_tweeted_that_before_t-a-56_1546704425621. (634x406, 54K)

Thank for the new frogs, frogposter fren. I'm up to 1462 unique frogs in my folder

Attached: 1553687976161.png (1280x1122, 1.87M)

>Why would anyone care about this after Rowling went insane?
my headcannon is made of the strongest mithril and defies retcons or reason with equal effectiveness.

Attached: 1526142489367.jpg (498x573, 49K)

you're pretty good. i've got 656

Attached: 1538242893922.png (250x244, 80K)

By definition of canon, everything Rowling says doesn't even fucking matter. same with the movies and pottermore. That's her personal canon. Book canon can never change unless they literally reprint with edits calling it "definitive", and even then it's a NEW canon. Not an edited old canon

Good job bro. Keep it up.

Attached: 1547078854196.gif (400x560, 957K)

Any logical reason you're not reading fanfics? 99.99999% of them are shit, no doubt, but there are some good ones.

You answered your own question there, bub

Funny I have over 4000 in my filter list so I don't have to interact with you fucking redditors.

Oh yeah and the canonical prequel-kinda-but-not where there was a Wizard world war the reason was because the bad guy wanted to stop the holocaust.

Isn’t there one that talks about how hufflepuffs circle jerk each other?

The part that annoyed me the most about those films are calling them Fantastic Beasts when the magical creatures are just side fodder to focus on the wizard war instead.
Like why bother calling it Fantastic Beasts if your going to ignore it and focus on something else. Its like if they decide to make a Quidditch Through the Ages movie and then its barely focused on the sport.

>Frogs are reddit now
>Using a filter is somehow less reddit even though they're the definition of a self created safe-space
Dude I used reddit for a day when I was 20, hated the hell out of the layout and never went back. I just like pepes.

You know, for what a cultural phenomenon Harry Potter was when the movies were around, interest in it sure has evaporated quickly once the movies ended.

Not really no, it is still popular as hell especially among girls.
Also the Harry Potter world in US, or whatever it is called, has a shit load of guests and there are long queues everywhere

Same thing happened with LotR, and even Star Wars after the first 6 movies. That period of time when the only Star Wars material out were Clone Wars and the games, they were the only things keeping the franchise from fading into obscurity and the popularity had died down immensely.

Also, HP never had any supplementary show or whatever to milk interest after the movies ended.

>lotr
where the H*CK is my new lord of the rings game????????????????

Attached: 1520371472642.jpg (720x762, 34K)

Blame Rowling and her phobia for extra material even though HP is literally her only successful work

This better fucking be at E3