The SMT Experience

>pop in a well received smt game
>intriguing setting
>top tier atmosphere
>sucked in for the first 7 hours
>starts to slow down
>ok i get it. you gotta exploit demon weakness
>ok i get it. you gotta mesh up monsters
>ahh where am i going? why is the dungeon designed this way?
>easy until your party get one shot
Am i the only one who feels this way?
I tried smt 4, smt strange journey redux, and p3 and they all feel this way.

Attached: shin-megami-tensei-deep-strange-journey-527685.3.jpg (640x640, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/jl8lvb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nah you're just trash

Because?

You just don't like dungeon crawlers and trying to get into a dungeon crawler series.
Nothing wrong with that, every folk is into different shit.

Attached: 1556648042376.png (500x500, 103K)

Is there a spin off that isnt a dungeon crawler because i legitametley enjoy everything except the gameplay.

That's true of smt4, because the combat is designed to be damn near an all or nothing sweep of you or the enemies, but you shouldn't really be getting wiped out in P3 much. Or in Strange journey.

Raidou games are Action RPG's but they're really clunky.

Attached: raidou.jpg (400x550, 81K)

Devil Survivor is my personal favorite MT game and it's a turn based strategy/RPG hybrid.

It is hard as fuck though, so yeah.

Attached: 1557002366029.jpg (500x667, 115K)

The beginning of most SMT games suck. You just don't have enough resources or options available. Usually around mid game and especially late game the combat becomes an almost back and forth tug of war with all the buffing/debuffing/status effects.

For sjr, i just randomly encounter enemies that are 7 levels higher than i am which is i guess not too uncommon for jrpgs.

Thx for the suggestions ill give these a try

Heh good one cuz

the raidous have similar dungeon crawler design despite being action

>try dungeon crawler
>complain about dungeons
I hope you get raped by niggers with aids, same goes for all zoomers.

lmao nigga got rekt

Play SMT1 and 2 and ignore the rest of the series

Strange Journey is boring all the way through.

Persona 5 should be good for you it’s pretty beginner friendly also DeSu doesn’t have dungeons but those games are difficult

Attached: 2AF3CDF5-4C23-472D-8AC9-715539C54316.jpg (500x563, 111K)

Bait try harder user

If the dungeons are your issue then DeSu doesn't have them. It still has Demon fusion, and the combat is different, I don't like the combat as much as I like most MegaTen combat personally, but it might be more your speed.

SMT games are pretty great. I think they need one more thing to make the games good.

ACTUAL ON SCREEN RAPE

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Oh rape fag

Dubhe is cute! CUTE!

Attached: Dubhe.jpg (180x298, 11K)

not a bait just being aggressive with my opinion

smt1&2 are extremely interesting games and the rest of the series really does not live up the standard set by them

I hope they get a remake smt1s story seems Like 4 but better

The Digital Devil Saga games on PS2 are more like traditional JRPGs than most games in the series. They give you a fixed party instead of having you fuse demons and they've got a heavier emphasis on story and characters compared to typical SMT

>he doesn't make overpowered demons that curb-stomp any encounter, including bosses
>he doesn't look up guides to make rare demons and the exact skills that you want them to have
>he doesn't make doomguy into doomCHAD at lvl 99 by resetting every time you get a bad level-up
>he doesn't abuse the demon compendium
>he isn't rolling in macca
you just aint playing it right

Their stories aren't really that alike. Mikado and the dome over Tokyo already make a big difference, SMT IV has no Great Flood or Great Cataclysm analogues, the Chaos Hero leaves you really early in SMT1 where Jonathan and Walter stick with you about as long as each other. They have similarities, but they're not the same.

How is the SMT mobile game?

generic gacha shit but with demons, so not worth checking out in the slightest

The gameplay is shit in those games though and can't compete with anything after.

Look at those tits

Attached: Io_Nitta_Ingame_Portraits.jpg (504x323, 110K)

Why was yasuda so based?

Attached: 778C60E7-0758-44B1-B248-08EDD6141195.jpg (500x615, 95K)

Attached: 3775510.jpg (700x860, 112K)

He just is.

Attached: 2721107_p0.jpg (500x707, 230K)

SOMEONE CALL CU CHULAINN

>Great Flood
I'm pretty sure they're going to reuse that plot point in SMT V. It was mentioned in the trailer dialogue, and Yamai said the dialogue in the trailer was pretty relevant to the story.

I was also thinking that. I hope it's not just the same as it is in SMT1 though, and if it is I hope it's a bit more fleshed out, like there's some diving with deep sea Demons at the bottom.

I fell asleep the first time i played it. It takes 3 hours of dialogue before you even get to your first tutorial area. Also, i hate when you first encounter a new enemy and theyre unknown, makes it so repetitive.

>Diving with demons in the deep
I'm not sure about that, but it would be cool if we got a water based dungeon.

>you try talking with the demon
>glug glug glug
>it can’t hear you
>it tries to speak
>GLUGGLUGGLUG
>the demon is angry

>that route in Desu2 where it's just the two of you vs every other faction
Is there any other game in the series with a similar kind of feeling?

Attached: Alcor.full.746613.jpg (768x1024, 475K)

apocalypse
Just you and dagda

Post some environments or architecture you'd like to see in SMTV. Something like this would be based.

Attached: image.jpg (848x1200, 164K)

smt4 is the only jrpg ive finished in the last decade

Sadly I don't think we'll ever have art design of Nocturne will ever be achieved again. It's on another level, I don't think it's something that can be recreated.

Attached: 135-SMT3-4063.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Why?

Nocturne isn’t me favorite megaten but it’s art direction is god tier

I just want something that'll surprise me.

P5 shits the bed the worst mid game with the spaceport dungeon. Most boring jrpg dungeon easily.

If they could do it in the past, they can do it again

>Where am I going
You, like, have a map you know? Besides it's good to get lost sometimes, you find more shit, recruit more demons, fight more and get more experience and forma.

Your fucking retarded you know in the same series as persona 3 and 4 which have shit tier dungeons god did you even play any of the games

Is that Ryan, next to Jack?

I wish I held your optimism. The original Nocturne team isn't really there anymore, most of the major players behind Nocturne have been gone for years.

Attached: 117-SMT3-4046.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Not sure if this is a shitpost but yes, that's Ryan.

Why do P5fags always resort to 3 and 4?

Those featureless dungeons are way superior than spaceport. I have no idea how they managed to make a hand crafted dungeon more boring than a set of hallways and stairs.

Eh some stuff in SMT4 looked nice and SMTV seems like its going for the nocturne approach I don’t think it will come close to nocturne but hopefully it will set the series on the right path

I’m not a p5fag(persona 3 is better)
It’s just those dungeons suck ass the worst persona 5 dungeon completely dabs on the best dungeon from 4

smt 1 and 2 are really fun, strange journey is really slow and boring

>most of the major players behind Nocturne have been gone for years.
Literally only Okada. Kaneko, Hashino, Yamai, Ishida, etc all still work there.

Attached: 1354360385069.jpg (478x598, 58K)

I'm kicking your ass the next time I see you.

i dont know.i just suck at finishing jrpgs. too long and i get bored lol

Compared to 1 and 2, SJ is a lot better and don't even like SJ that much unless ite Redux.

You're shitting me. For real? Fucking based.

It's the most boring dungeon in P5, but I've played through much worse dungeons in other games, even in other MegaTen games. I'd gladly go through the spaceport again over The Sun in DDS2.

I had a similar experience. I was really enjoying SJR for a while. Got up to Sector Eridanus and started to get burnt out. I was still really interested in the plot, but the gameplay got a little stale.
I'll come back to it one day.

All it takes was a quick Google search

They do, but I highly doubt Kaneko or Hashino will be working on SMTV in any capacity. Yamai definitely will, and I expect Ishida will too. I have faith in SMTV anyway though.

SMT games are hard. You need to actually use everything you have at your disposal to win, especially in the early game

I hope SMTV has two protagonists this time. One guy and one girl and it's just about how their love can survive in the apocalypse despite having different ideals.

Attached: Tadashi.png (360x450, 115K)

Kaneko """""worked""""" on IV and Final with the scenario draft and concept. Who knows, maybe he feels like working on a major product again.

All this DeSu wanking made me want to play Overclocked before I start DeSu 2, especially since I only played the original DS version.
Gonna try out the Naoya route, see what the fuss is all about.

Attached: 1421724063927.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

So what games have MCs that physical is the best and what games where Magial MC is the best?

>how their love can survive
Begone personafag.

Hama

Attached: tdn03.jpg (370x482, 63K)

You don't need to use status effects, and you can usually get by without exploiting weaknesses because physical skills are often really good. Buffs carry you a lot of the way.

I don't, I'd welcome the girl being the heroine having an active role in the story, but I don't need her to be playable. It just seems unnecessary, and if they were to really flesh outplaying as her and make it unique from playing the guy, then that's just time and effort I'd rather they put elsewhere. If they want to put more replay value into the game, I'd rather they do it by making your alignment feel like a greater factor before the alignment lock rather than having a different playable character.

Least you're playing Overclocked first, it fixed some shit from the original version. And it gave certain routes a better ending.

Naoyas route is one of the harder ones for my first play through it was Atsuros which is considered not too easy not too hard but it still kicked my teeth in

When fusing new demons, what abilities do you usually give priority?

SMT can have love too, I don't think it should be the focus of the plot like he's saying, but I wouldn't mind it being part of it. It would make it more impactful when you kill her that way too.

>SMTV is a retelling of Megami Tensei I, with the atmosphere of Nocturne
The protagonists do remind me of Nakajima, and Yumiko honestly.

Attached: image.png (400x343, 124K)

BAN IT NOW

Attached: 7661024C-5C15-4923-94E3-50B60A52554A.jpg (924x1023, 57K)

>Implying love is only a persona thing despite never being important in the main plot
Have an open mind user. Love can teach you a lot of things.

I did say I played the original one, was pretty cool, went with Atsuo's route, it was long time ago thoguh so Overclocked might feel fresh again.

Kinda funny how so many people are calling me a personafag when Megami Tensei was literally this. Makes me wonder how many of them are nocturne or 3ds babies.

I would be down with a romance. Honestly, having six party members with the Heroine always at your side is something I'm dying for again.

Attached: 10524a3c97135037765e6d832d116c4cd31d8f2c.jpg (450x715, 107K)

I want it. I really stories where two lovers are just put through hell.

I lubhe him(?)

depends on what role I want filled
if I want damage I try to save boost/amp and appropriate damage type + charge/concentrate + maybe some buffs or debuffs
if I want support I slap on all the -Kaja and -Kunda I can with healing + damage if I can fit it
if I want to grind forever I just get Riberama and Estoma on a trash demon and just lug it around

Megami tensei was pretty bad
Well at least the OVA was

Attached: AE76EC59-18A5-4251-8A78-8DB48A9845BD.png (591x970, 108K)

Gotta play all the routes. Least it gets easier after the first route since you can rush all the other routes with overpowered Lv99 demons.

I think only three routes have an 8th day special ending. Naoya, Amane, and Yuzu. But I think Yuzu only got one because her original one was so bad. Law and Chaos both got an optimal ending.

>he still hasn't reached the yggdrasil quest
one of my favorite quests in that game

WHERE IS IT ATLUS

Attached: 1557001507822.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

Most of the OVAs are.

You're dumb, dude. The concept of love has been touched upon many times in the series, beyond Persona. The biggest example would be Lilith chasing after the protagonist in SMT 1. It really just comes down to the way it would be executed, if used again anyway.

I'm more interested in having two customizable heroes like in I and II but I don't think it would work with a party of 4 unless they let you pick which one is the main character

>concentrate or charge on big dick damagers
>amps for them too
>debilitate and lucky candy for support
>at least 2 of my team having heals usually mc and another demon
For team setup one physical DPS and a magical DPS while MC is support with another demon

A delayed game is eventually good

Romance has no place in mainline, save it for mainline.
Maybe if you actually played the game you would know there's no actual romance scenes. Their characters are mostly irrelevant, the reason Yumiko is connected to Nakajima is because they're reincarnations of Izanami and Izanagi respectively.

Attached: 24400270_p0.jpg (1506x1900, 1.38M)

Why does the character art look like amateur dogshit?

DDS is trashy but fun

>tfw that one OVA has steve Blum as a voice actor

What would the septentriones look like if they took on a human form like alcor?

Attached: septentriones.png (300x300, 152K)

This is stupid but a pretty interesting gaming mechanic. You can switch between the two but they have "canon" personalities. So if you play as one, the other will have a default response. The guy will always act chaotic and the girl will act lawful. It's all about switching between the two to self insert neutral answers. Let me know if it makes sense.

Big tiddies

What you say has no place doesn't make it true.

based desu

>Romance has no place in mainline
Why not? I see nothing about the existence of a romance subplot that inherently goes against SMT. It could be handled fine. Again, I wouldn't want it to be the main focus, but I can see it having a place in an SMT game.

>What you say has no place doesn't make it true.
What?

No, that one was a unique experience.

>Romance has no place in mainline, save it for mainline.

Tired, user?

Have an open mind anyway. Love is an interesting theme to see in a post apocalyptic setting.

You have no say over what the series is or is not.

Simple, they hired a amateur dogshit artist.

Yeah but they're still dungeon crawlers.

Attached: 5493CCDC-4D41-4D34-8E03-E8D231D4A530.jpg (500x377, 35K)

You don’t like tits?

Attached: 2AF9820F-DFD0-40B8-AA59-65DCBF69752C.jpg (1079x758, 121K)

Honestly, I agree with this to a degree. It just doesn't work well with a silent protagonist as the MC. The MC has to be someone with some form of pre established character, and personality. On top of that, the romance can't be cheesy. It has to be built up properly and have pay off, that isn't overly immature. It could work, but I don't really expect it to go well if done. Persona 2 probably has my favorite love story though.

>Love is an interesting theme to see in a post apocalyptic setting
I'm sure it is, but I wouldn't want it to be a focus in a mainline megaten game. If it's some case like Lilith with the Hero in SMTI because of the mythological connections then sure, whatever. What scares me is it sounding like people genuinely want more shit like Asahi and Toki in mainline.

I love tits, but I love tits done by good artists even more. I'm not going to excuse Yasuda's shitty art just because he draws big anime titties.

Asahi was actually okay though.

Because 3 and 4 are the games most similar to P5?

Very few megaten games can have romance that’s not persona
>desu
>desu 2
>apocalypse
Those are the only ones but those take place over a couple of days and I can’t see characters that just met falling in love maybe yuzu and Asahi but that’s it

Imagine being gay

Attached: Ban.Airi.full.1433242.jpg (1023x1650, 308K)

>What scares me is it sounding like people genuinely want more shit like Asahi and Toki in mainline.
I don't think anybody wants that, or at least I don't get that impression from the posts in this thread. There being a love story of some kind doesn't mean it has to have waifubait that exceeds Toki and Asahi's waifubait levels.

Yasuda gets more hate than he deserves he’s definitely my least favorite artist for megaten but i think people just see “generic anime ew”

Have it take place in a longer time period. establish that the characters already knew each other.

Post SMT tier rankings?

Asahi I can handle but toki should be gunned down the master shit is 100x worse than the senpai shit in p4

My favorite game>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>Your favorite game

Here's the objective placement of MegaTen.

Attached: 1557722786982.png (1020x1056, 1.81M)

Based and redpilled

Attached: 20190525-004239__01.jpg (1080x1077, 636K)

This is the worst girl Jesus she doesn’t even have big tits yasudas strongest point

Attached: 5A974FD3-41EF-4494-8339-4AB099F82910.jpg (712x1024, 100K)

>ahh where am i going? why is the dungeon designed this way?
Not sure what you even meant with your entire post to be honest but this part sepcifically cannot be true for anything but strange journey, out of the titles you claim to have played.

Its not even delayed. It only started development now.

>he hasn’t played SMTV
user everyone here has cmon be better than this

No, she really fucking wasn't, she was awful.
I don't know how active you are here but there are genuinely people that get into waifu debates over the two.

Listen, I'm not saying SMT is the pinnacle of high art but as a series it's always been above fan service like that. Sexual imagery has always been kept relatively tame, often only used for figures like Lilith whose lore deeply involves sex. I'm perfectly fine with sex appeal fanservice in games, but that doesn't mean I want it in every game is all.

>poeple recommending SMT1 and 2 before anything else
Please don't do that, they might be better story wise but 1 was so fucking boring with sleep bullets and zio I'm glad 2 fixed that bullshit.

Attached: 1555165909042.png (489x424, 129K)

>P3F on S tier
Yuck

Attached: my-image (1).png (1020x1062, 755K)

Here's the big titties

Attached: 02a42acc62d1305e399b8f911f3603ba(2).jpg (1232x1650, 130K)

This could be interesting if it later turns out you're not playing as either of them, you're a disembodied spirit possessing them and forcing them to act contrary to their personalities. Otherwise it would just be inconsistent characterization.

Toki was worse i would rather have a million asahis over one toki once the master shit started

>Apocalypse
That romance wasn't even fleshed out enough to be called "romance", honestly. Toki jumping from murderer to being possessed by Inanna, and calling you master wasn't good. Asahi counts to a degree, but there isn't really anything to finalize it.

Shit taste

I found her pretty realistic. She wasn't all perfect too. What did you find wrong with her?
Note: she's a 15 year old kid.

No she really was not.

Thank you user

Attached: 9F6755F7-2DE9-476A-9406-3579AD3A8F53.jpg (329x325, 54K)

Hey we’re grasping at straws here user

Yeah, she's the best.

Attached: SMT-IV-Final-Screen-2.jpg (400x240, 21K)

>people just see “generic anime ew”
That's literally what Yasuda is though. Yasuda draws in a very generic style.

Attached: Durarara-durarara-16437480-829-466.jpg (829x466, 70K)

She works well as a character in a setting like that, but as a love interest? Fuck no. The childhood friend becoming a lover trope is overdone.

Actually navarre was the best

So you only hate her because she likes Nanashi and she's a trope?

not him but SMT 1 heroine was also like 15. being realistic doest mean good. When my sister was 15 she did not act like Asashi. Her interactions with you was't fun. It was annoying and does not belong in SMT. She lives in Toyko, a demon filled hellhole. Its wierd how she acts like a typical shitty moe blob.

Chiaki was also like 15 and she started like a normal girl in the begining of the game but changed as the game kept on.

Is generic bad?

Attached: 88429D46-C740-47C9-8C7E-C24B2498ADEA.png (492x588, 159K)

Everytime I see this image I imagine how P4 would be if Teddie was actually Nocturne Lucifer

My problem with Yasuda, is that his faces are really jarring, and similar. Otherwise, I like the outfits for the most part.

>there are genuinely people that get into waifu debates over the two
I know, but I feel like even they don't have any real desire for the series to be like that moving forward and they just enjoy IV:A and its characters for what it is as its own thing. Maybe I put too much faith in them though.

smt sucks your dick for about 8 hours then you reach the real part of the game where you need to do work to get yourself off you have got to do all the work all the thrusting you gotta have one hand on smt's throat and one hand on smt's titty and you need to be fucking that ass. hard.

>she's a trope
Is that not a justifiable reason? She's a generic anime troupe, the childhood friend love interest.

The same face problem really does hurt his style
>the only way to tell characters faces apart are smiles or lack there of

Yeah but it's weird you hate her character just because she has a crush on Nanashi

In the case of art, then yes. Both his art and his designs are incredibly bland.

No clue how you assumed that, but I'm not the same person you were discussing this. I like Asahi's character given their environment, but in terms of being a lover, I wouldn't like it much.

I don't really like Yasuda, bit I don't think his style is that generic. I feel like I could pick it out from a lineup of different generic anime drawings at least.

Its not just that. Its a trope that does not belong in SMT AND, the game does nothing with it.

Chiaki wasn't 15, 17 and she's a retard like all the characters in Nocturne.

It would make teddie likeable

Gentlemen, it's time to summon the Goetia.

Attached: image.gif (500x231, 1.11M)

What skin color are you?

I just don't know why SMT fans have such a hate boner for Asahi.

That is her only character trait though. its boring and ruins the tone of the game. IVA suffers alot from this.

2 year difference is nothing really and my point stand that she doest act like a 15 year old
>she is a retard
how? its been a while since I replayed Nocturne but her become a reasonfag made sense. And her becoming one was not poorly done if I remember unlike the ones in IV

This is what happens when personafag waifutards try to play an actual SMT game.

Attached: 777925DD-A69A-4FFE-B496-9CF1325C673D.jpg (720x636, 82K)

It's more then that, it's that they have to remind you of it constantly. After Toki enters your party most scenes involving her come down to "Toki says something flirty, Asahi gets upset, Nozomi teases them, Gaston says this is stupid, everyone makes fun of navarre" and so forth. The characters are designed to be so "safe" that it comes off as offensive almost.

Attached: 1474417575676.jpg (640x384, 65K)

How is Chiaki a retard, exactly? She acts rather normal given her circumstances, and tries to find her own path to establish a Reason like every other human in the Vortex World. I never understood why people called the Reason bearers retarded in general.

>Maybe if you actually played the game you would know there's no actual romance scenes
Megami Tensei is not just a game.

He included Persona as one of the games which has these elements he dislikes though.

He clearly stated that he didn't enjoy P3 for the same reasons, which are admittedly vague, but still you can't read dude.

The original Atlus game was a very loose adaptation of the novel series. Even if you want to argue in favor of the novel series they're absolute trash. I appreciate their influence and their role in creating the series but have you tried reading them? They are absolutely terrible.

This with Hallelujah in second.

Attached: Navarre_SMTIV_Final.png (326x500, 67K)

>was legitimately enjoying DeSu
>Get to Day 3 and keep getting BTFO by Beldr
>stop playing

I shit you not I can not beat that faggot. I either lose to the mobs around him or the 1 time I got close to him my MC did a little damage then other demons came back and healed him and I proceeded to get BTFO. Fuck Devil Survivor

Attached: E1A33C49-7431-466A-8372-1F175D37C224.jpg (617x444, 46K)

I guess. I'm a softie for that stuff so I enjoyed it. I just hated how quickly paced apocalypse was. It needed to slow down to develop its characters.

Gaston was also well done why are all the guys actual kino while the women suck dick

>Soul Hackers S tier

My nigger

Make sure you're not behind in levels and that your teams are properly balanced. I struggled like hell in that fight but got him first try.

I used a kishin to attack twice also have your allies use devil speed or bind it’s a hard boss but just keep on grinding

Attached: D7B4BCAD-26E1-47C6-B849-4DC8A3902133.jpg (870x700, 620K)

She, apparently being the smart human being she is, tries to fight Sakahagi despite him already claiming the Magatsuhi in the park and now can summon demons free of charge. He's also a bloody murderer and genuinely crazy with mankin faces all over himself. And she tries to fight him. How is she not a retard again?
>I never understood why people called the Reason bearers retarded in general
Isamu is literally the most poorly written character in the series

It seems tough, but it's actually manageable. You just have to fuse up some Tyrants. I had Thor, and King Frost on my Abel.

I thought the females were okay. Except Nozomi. She did some dumb shit.

What did she do I can’t remember she was so forgettable

...I don't hate Isabeau.

She’s actually competent but doesn’t have a arc

It's been some time since I've played Nocturne, but I don't recall Chiaki directly confronting Sakahagi, unless I'm forgetting something. It just says they encountered one another. Also..
>Low character development = retarded
You're retarded.

Nothing, really, she just carried Danu around and was the "big sister" of the group in a kinda obnoxious way.

Attached: play a real sheen megoomi tensay game.png (1280x926, 1.42M)

>I'm going to tell the hunter association you released Krishna
>"Hey you can still be our friend." :) *Shoots you* "Fuck, I missed."

Honestly she was more interesting in 4

OH AND she fucking rats you out after releasing Krishna, how could I forget.

This.

If you enjoy that stuff then whatever, you do you. There's thousands of jrpgs that have characters like that though, to see Megaten become like that is upsetting.
Even in IV Isabeau felt a bit forced on you. Her death in the law and chaos route is treated as far more emotional then either Johnathan or Walter's. The whole manga thing as well becomes a sort of shallow way to try to connect her to the demographic the series appeals to. It starts out fine, as it develops the world a bit and shows her shallow understanding of the world, butt later one scenes like the one with Lilith just feel ridiculous.

user I know you like to pretend Nocturne is well written but it's not. Chiaki directly encounters Sakahagi, says at much where she becomes a fiend
>Low character development = retarded
Bad writing like the rest of Nocturne does lead to shit, yes

Apocalypse cast really needed some downtime. The pacing was too fucking bloody fast for me to stay invested in the characters beside Nanashi and Asahi.

The problems with Jonathan and walter's death was that you did't fight or kill them, you dont really see and fight them but instead you fight Merkabah and Lucifer taking away alot of the impact. Isabeau felt bad to kill becuase you fought and kill her, not some demonlord or angel lord etc.

Hey, guys, what answers did you choose in SMT IV before you meet Yuriko? That's one of my favorite moments in IV. I picked including the player that's tall, allowing the new technology into the village and leaving my loved one to die.

Name me some. I still like SMT for other reasons but I just feel you're being close minded.

Don't reply to me, ever. You fucking reek, Ryan.

Ryan is a forced meme stop it

Because her role in IV, while minor, actually gave her more traits then all of IV:A did. In IV in the few sidequests that involve her there's traits like her interest in photography and how inexperienced she is, aspects of her suddenly gone in IV:A.
Nocturne's characters are not developed, I agree with that, but they fulfill their roles in the plot fine. The reason bearers are all representative of inner disdain for their society at their most extreme.

>You fucking reek, Ryan.
Please don't tell me there's some sort of discord subcommunity that is currently failing to contain themselves in this thread.

>It only started development now
I'm pretty sure they said that the game started full development sometime early 2018.

Include Tall
This is the hardest. I'm reluctant to let technology in because I hate how today's society has become. I'd ultimately say yes for the benefits.
Keep them alive, I don't believe in life after death and if they one day awake so be it.

devil survivor could have been a lot more fun if it was challenging. I don't suppose any of you guys know how to hack 3ds games?

Alternatively, you could just do a no bonus battles run. Don't you think?

>desu
>even harder
Not all of are gods user
Ryan is a forced meme and isn’t comfy

>but they fulfill their roles in the plot fine
That doesn't mean it did a good job at it. Isamu's attitude and Chiaki actions make no sense. Only Yuko and Hikawa act logical.

I don't get harder difficulties in SMT games. It just means you grind more.

>Ryan is a forced meme and isn’t comfy
Explain.

You discord users have been shitting up our threads for weeks. We've ever had people get banned from the general for calling out trannies, and telling them to dilate. What more do you fucking want? You've already fucked up the threads enough. Just stop, please. You and Rapefag need to leave.

They trashy but fun books. At least the first is.

>Teenagers getting a power trip and acting irrationally in a post apocalyptic setting is somehow strange
user.. Stop talking.

>no free battles no deaths in battle no mid-battle saving no compendium
You mean a normal casual playthrough?
If you have ideas for actual challenge runs I'd like to hear them

You need to loosen up. Maybe a quick RAPE would help you.

Attached: 8082a7a70298140e1bd742aff17d996e.gif (575x414, 3.33M)

What the fuck are you talking about you retarded faggot? I'm the one asking if there are discord morons shiitting the thread here. I don't even use discord but apparently you do so I'll take that as my answer and prompt you to fuck straight off.
Fucking shithead.

So some dumbass started calling people on /SMTG/ ryan and it’s spread to the cancer of our community anyone they disagree with is a “ryan” basically calling you the same person it’s stupid and dumb

Jrpgs with the childhood friend troupe? Sure. I'll just name jrpgs too.
>most Fire Emblem games (too many to name)
>Lunar Silver Star Saga
>Skies of Arcadia
>Dragon Quest V (technically optional, but still there)
>Dragon Quest VII
>Final Fantasy VII
>Final Fantasy X
>Legend of Dragoon
>Xenoblade
Is that not enough for you? It's an incredibly common troupe, and that's fine, but it's not one that fits SMT.

Except you can do that and still be well written.

In a post apocalyptic setting?

rapefag is better than calling people ryan

Rapefag is alright, Ryan guy is a faggot.

>fire emblem
>jrpg
Stopped reading right there

I don't have any ideas for any challenge runs no. I thought the difficulty was just fine and have honestly never beat the superboss in over 100 hours on the game.

He just meant rpgs in Japan dork

>An imaginary boogeyman is tearing up the threads again
Rent free.

It's probably intentionally annoying, so choosing Dagda doesn't feel bad.

It does not fucking fit the way they did it in SMTIV. I dont know what you don't get about this. The game is super happy friend time, after getting killed and only ends if you do a 180 and betry your friends. Even if you are a dickbag to them it still feels like it came out of nowhere.

It’s not a rpg

Nah, man, there's a lot more strategy in battles and you're always on edge instead of just cruising through. Even when you're grinding.

Why do people give DeSu shit for being "easy" when SMT games are easy in general?

Just blindrush Beldr. Seriously the #1 mistakes noobs make is getting distracted by all the Cait Sith and Vidofnir.

>the setting justifies the troupe being forced into the game
Even then, Xenoblade and Skies of Arcadia fit this technically.

FE is a rpg though. It's insanely limited, but its still a rpg

it's a trpg

Does anyone have the artwork of the SMTIV environments? They were pretty cool looking.

Eh I’ll concede

And?

But you don't grind at all in SMT generally, no matter the difficulty.
Just fuse things to better respond to the challenge.

Why are you so mad user?
I'm just saying it would be cool to see a romance in a post apocalyptic setting. Something with star crossed lovers. If they do it right it won't be as preachy as you think it'll might be.

Stephen in the IVA dlc is a good example. Unless you are on War or Apocalypse, he wont ever hit to hard that you have to stop attacking to get everyone debuffed and healed. Which means he wont ever use that system reboot or whatever its called. Stephen on War was fun and one of the hardest fights in SMT franchise. I need to do it again on Apoc difficulty soon.

If that was the case that's terrible design.

As much as people like to spout how much they love the edgelord option being in IV:A it's obvious the designers intended it to be the "wrong" route, so to say. Scenes like the battle against your party and the against the people of Tokyo are there to kind of guilt trip the player for their choice.

Am not mad and am not the other user you replied to. And sure romance MIGHT be good in SMT. Am fine with it but if its anything like in SMTIV:A then fuck no.

Name 1 (ONE) SMT game on hard where you have to grind. Fuck that, name 1 jrpg where you have to grind exp at all

Are you stupid? Or bait?

Thought so

I figured I'd play PQ2 on Normal and then play Risky when it comes out officially but I'm finding it surprisingly hard. It reminds me a lot of SMT IV where everything can 2shot you, it's just that I'm not dealing as much damage as I should. I'm at the end of the second dungeon and one AOA doesn't kill all enemies and then they fucking destroy my team.

That fucking golden beetle in the jungle is a massive pain in the ass.

>I'm just saying it would be cool to see a romance in a post apocalyptic setting. Something with star crossed lovers.
And I'm saying that sounds awful for a series like SMT. In a spinoff game then sure, maybe there it might work. Why take such a major risk that is almost likely to be terribly played out for something that already wouldn't the series? The chance of a remotely decent romance is near impossible.

>The chance of a remotely decent romance is near impossible.
Shows how much faith people have in SMT writers lol

No I'd say he's right. Can't think of a single megaten game where grinding has ever been required. Just not running from all fights gets you enough EXP to progress.

What the fuck was their problem?

I’ve had to do it for smt4 a couple of time because quest gave out shit exp

I just wish PQ games had you fighting actual demons. one of the many reasons why I dislike p3 and P4 is the shadow deisngs are boring. I was really hopeing with PQ2 they would bring back demons and demon negotions like in P5. That would have been very fun.

After IV:A is that not reasonable?

You never have to grind in IV. What the fuck are you talking about.

beldr is pure retardation yep, he isn't even a casual filter since you just get fucked if you didn't invest into STR, there's no strategy involved
try to rush him while healing your protagonist with everyone else, it might be sloppy but it works

After II you should have lost faith

wrong, he's easy. you can even stick around for a bit to farm reinforcements if you want
your damage is based on level not str

I saw the re-used assets coming from a mile away. PQ2 is very lazy in that regard.

You seem to be forgetting that for one cool view in Nocturne there are tons of dull gray corridors.

it looks like you're just a fucking idiot

In 4 grinding is especially pointless since all you're increasing is the amount of damage you're doing.
You can't even claim to be grinding to fuse higher level demons since there are apps to boost that limit.
If you didn't use your app points there you can't claim that the game forced you to grind, all you did was make poor choices.

Dude, if it's your first time playing a game and you're unprepared for a battle or notice you're gonna need something different for an upcoming part of the game, it's not unnatural to spend some time grinding. It's definitely not necessary on replays when you know what you'll need, though, unless you're going for 100% demon compendium or something like that.

>wrong, he's easy.
ah yes, another one of those
bet you'll say that "I beat matador first try because I fused uzume" even though you should be level 13 by the time you meet matador, and uzume is only fused on level 18

Nocturne and Strange Journey may not be perfect but there's at least enough interesting ideas and themes for one to think some thought went into the plot.

>Nocturne
>plot
lol

You literally don't need to grind ever in IV. What the fuck are you even talking about? Beelzebub is the only difficult boss in the the after the Naraku

you don't need to fuse anything in particular for beldr, i wasn't even high enough level to fuse ubelluris

Everything that was interesting about smt1&2 has been done better in smt games that followed them.

The characters are all shit in those games.

Nocturne actually does have a genuine plot, it's just that it makes up little of what actually happens in the game.

Ah yes, the classic "this is shit because I said so, and I have no argument whatsoever" routine. Your contribution was very beneficial, expect a call from the president.

an how does that change the fact that beldr is pure retardation with no strategy involved?
all you do is hit him with the protagonist while keeping him alive
I was expecting it to have some cool gimmick to abuse, but it ended up being literally just beating him with a stick to death

Attached: 89-SMT3-1962.jpg (640x479, 20K)

A plot is more then it's characters user. A story can be strong even with a weak cast.
King Kenji can be a bit tough, though even then I dpn't think you would need to grind for him. In most cases just fusing better demons is enough.

Don't play nocturne then

They serve their purpose. You're looking in the wrong place for whatever it is that you want I think.
SMT's characters are meant to fit into their alignments and that's it. The concept of law and chaos is where the effort goes, not so much the characters there to represent the factions to the player.

But they are shit though. Chiaki, Zelenin, Isamu, Jimenez are either inconsistent or just dipshits

That's one dungeon in Nocturne, outside of the underground train system there's really nowhere that bland looking. Even then, watching you run around in the darkness with only your tattoos glowing was pretty cool.

SJ's plot is just shitty neutral wanking and boring ass technobabble

>inconsistent
No fucking way you believe this. I call bait.
>dipshits
This I can believe, however that does not make a character "shit".
I really doubt you're capable of criticising writing judging by the way you write your posts by the way.

I don't think the transition from normal jap life, to martial law, to full blown hell on nuked earth has been done before or better. 2 has a great cyberpunk feel.

It's very barebones, considering all the cut content found in the game the game probably was released unfinished, and Maniax edition didn't bring everything back.

But Nocturne's characters are genuinely shit and Strange Journey suffers from that as well, with Jimenez screeching at Zelenin's brainwashing and then suddenly doing the brainwashing himself in Chaos route. His "world of STR" doesn't even make sense considering that he saved weak Bugaboo. And Zelenin herself is just a piece of wallpaper, at least Mastema saves the Law alignment there.

>In most cases just fusing better demons is enough
>I dpn't think you would need to grind for him
But you literally have to grind if your party composition doesn't fit the boss. Fusing costs a lot of money.

that's a very specific thing to find interesting about smt, well tough luck

Why the fuck do you think SJR remedies the endings?

You're thinking of characters strictly based on their personality. Characters in mainline megaten are more representative of ideas or concepts. In Nocturne we see Hikawa, Isamu, and Chiaki's personal frustrations with the world and how it reflects their idea of a perfect world. They're not likable people, sure, but it's more that their ideas create some kind of reaction to the player. Take Isamu for example. Isamu's frustration with dealing with people is petty, but it's something we feel as well. While obviously crazy his idea of Musubi is something that really is a world people would want.

Are you fucking kidding me? Jimenez is the defintion of inconsistent.
>I really doubt you're capable of criticising writing judging by the way you write your posts by the way
SMTfags shouldn't be talking about writing at all, SMT is trash for narratives

Romance has been a thing in the franchise since megami tensei 1 you newfag

>But you literally have to grind if your party composition doesn't fit the boss.
This is player failure you're describing dude. Always keep your slots full and plan your fusions ahead. The demons placed in the random encounters are not random at all. Their combinations will always lead to demons that will be useful to upcoming bosses and minibosses.
If you come upon a boss, get destroyed then examine your options to find them limited enough to require grinding that's 100% on you.

See you retard. Stop pretending you have played MTI. The games giving you a heroine doesn't mean there's a romance there. Most of the time the heroine is there for symbolic reasons, like Hiroko being the Mary to Aleph's Jesus.

That's cool and all but how do you explain Isamu hating the player for zero reason during Kabukicho?

>SMTfags
I was wondering why these arguments were sounding so brain dead. You're either a Personafag, or some other vermin.

Why are you in this thread of a story based series if it’s bad

>has no arguments whatsoever so he pulls a strawman
Classic SMTfag.

Congratulations, you've called me an SMTfag.

I'm sorry but yu're just saying that this and that are "shit" or "trash" and then insisting on it while refusing to elaborate, I can't take you seriously is all I'm saying, don't get offended.
What's inconsistent about Jimenez? That he cared for bugaboo? That's there specifically to show you that chaos is not about just mindlessly culling the weak as that would just make them the generic evil faction.

You think? From what I saw, the Dagda route seemed like the most "correct" option. The very boxart shows a very Massacre-oriented Nanashi, and the game puts plenty of emphasis on Dagda.

I belive firmly that the bonds and massacre are a statement on how divided the fanbase for the franchise is, and both sides are a caricature of the "personafag" part of the fanbase and the "mainline" side of the franchize behave like.

Because he's a giant cunt who hates dealing with other people because of his inferiority complex. Something that applies to some people that post here probably.

A character doesn't have to be likable to be enjoyable. Think of a good villain, it feels great to kill them after seeing their acts of evil throughout the game. They're not likable, but they're role in the story is effective and enjoyable. The characters in Nocturne are all petty assholes in some way, is that not true to how real people act?

Leave Yea Forumsigger

Attached: E2A0E059-2405-46FC-9D62-33076B85F873.jpg (293x341, 22K)

>Isamu hating the player for no reason
I feel like most of the people complaining about Isamu being a retard, probably misunderstood his character. He furthers himself away from Demifiend, because he's tired of being let down. He expected you to save him, but you never did. Thus he stops relying on you, and decides to carry on in solitude. He doesn't hate you, he's just indifferent.

>guilt trip the player
You have no idea how I enjoy finally putting an end to Navarre and getting payback from Nozomi for ratting me out while keeping quiet about her own situation.

Naoya is Cain and you are the reincarnation of Abel

>I belive firmly that the bonds and massacre are a statement on how divided the fanbase for the franchise is, and both sides are a caricature of the "personafag" part of the fanbase and the "mainline" side of the franchize behave like.
user, I'm sorry to say but I think you're giving them a bit too much credit.

>a story based series
I wouldn't call SMT story based at all. It has its themes which I love but I wouldn't play it just for the story.

Stop being such a cuck. Zelenin is somehow a stupid fucking bitch who refuses to think despite being a top tier scientist. Jiminez just doesn't make any sense and everything he says is contradiction to himself, Chiaki is a complete fucking retard who acts normal at the beginning of the game then decides to almost just kill herself for zero reason, Isamu before and after Kabukicho is a different person entirely in the span of 10 seconds.

Attached: 2de8d3fe2fb05bd6954f942602dfe5167720a65d.png (586x788, 297K)

>chaos is not about just mindlessly culling the weak
It's the opposite, once he goes Chaos he just wants to genocide the weak, and him caring about Bugaboo gets thrown out of the window.
Good that you ignore arguments though

From the second I saw yellow head YHVH I absolutely knew they were giving the fanbase exactly what they wanted.

I'm not saying you're wrong for feeling that, but you have to think of the average normalfag that the developers put first and foremost. A lot of people would easily manipulated by something as simple as the battle against the party in the cosmic egg.

Chaos isn't simply about "muh WURLD OF STR". It represents liberation, and freedom among other things. Surely you understand this, yes? Jimenez saying Bugaboo was questionable given the ideology behind what Chaos represents, but this is questioned in SJR's new Chaos + ending. Jimenez's philosophy was never truthfully about strength, but freedom and possibility.

>What's inconsistent about Jimenez? That he cared for bugaboo?
That doesnt make any sense. He goes on and on about World of STR, and that the weak die while only the strong survive.
>That's there specifically to show you that chaos is not about just mindlessly culling the weak as that would just make them the generic evil faction
Chaos in SJ is the generic evil faction. Its the most extreme version of it while only Neutral in brought up in a positive light.

>From the second I saw yellow head YHVH I absolutely knew they were giving the fanbase exactly what they wanted
Pointless fan service? YHVH feels like he was randomly inserted into the game late into development, I guess they thought Vishnu-Flynn wasn't good enough to be the final boss.

How is it freedom and possibility if he straight up brainwashes the entire Red Sprite crew?

>>ahh where am i going? why is the dungeon designed this way?
no
>>easy until your party get one shot
sounds like you're using some dumb gimmick team

Atlus has proven multiple times how in touch they are with their audience through most of their latest games. I wouldn't call that a stretch at all. Don't act like everyone is supposed to be eternally assblasted about how cheery the latest side entry was. Their track record is just too good for that.

Using a bunch of buzzwords, and saying shit like "retard, idiot, dumbass" isn't really a proper argument as to why they're bad characters, but whatever floats your boat. This is my last (you) for you though, so enjoy it.

user, if you research on the game's lore a bit, Bonds route will just result with Mikado people turning into demons and killing everyone in Tokyo.

It's not that Isamu is likable or unlikable, he's just retarded

>can't refute
>h-haha I win anyway!
Embarrassing.

This isn't persona, this the sequel of a rather niche title. It's the perfect place to deliver commentary to the fanbase, given that the target audience is already very narrowed.

What does that have to do with what I said?
Yeah, most people tend to be user.

You're using one event in specific to discredit the entire ideology of Chaos in the game, and that truthfully doesn't work.

YHVH was actually exactly what fanbase wanted, yes.
But Apocalypse was just training grounds for new members of the team. Most people here actually believed they would be working on new Persona game, but then they had to work for some dumb 3DS game they have never heard about.

The point of chaos is the strong do whatever they want while the weak serve. If you're having such a hard time with the concept take alook at how the world of chaos is presented in SMT4 where the characters actually find themselves in such a place.
Basically if Jimenez wants to keep bugaboo around he can do so because of his strength, doesn't matter that he's a demon, doesn't matter that he's weak. Jimenez is a rebel through and through, nothing inconsistent about him.

>Playing Nocturne for the first time, still in the hospital dungeon right before the Forneus fight
>Walk into the hospital annex and you can see him flying around through the window
>Am amazed by this moment even though this is a friggin' ps3 game
As someone who got into SMT through the handheld games, which have zero moments like this small things like this stand out more to me. I hope that SMTV has more of these demons roaming the overworld moments.

>Game goes full Wind Waker in the second half
That would be fucking sick desu.

That's the very beginning of the Chaos route. It tells everything you need to know about the ideology of Chaos.

I'm not trying to win anything like you seemingly are, since you insist on presenting weak arguments while sperging. There's nothing to gain here.

That's not even the real reason. He wasn't expecting the player to save him in the first place. In a dummied out sequence in the game files, Yuko broadcasts a message for the player to come and save her from her imprisonment at the Obelisk. After Isamu watches this he realizes he was little better than a nobody in the Vortex World, since he doesnt have power like the player and then proceeds to grow disdain for him.

Ps2*

Not an argument

>The point of chaos is the strong do whatever they want while the weak serve.
Well, why won't Chaosfags just serve YHVH then, since he's the strongest demon around?

All SMT games have reverse difficulties.
Early game is full on RNG one shot bullshit but as you progress you literally one shot everything.

>Atlus has proven multiple times how in touch they are with their audience through most of their latest games
Sorry but I feel the exact opposite, I feel Atlus is incredibly out of touch with the fans. Recent games like IV and IV:A are so full of pointless references that it feels like they have no idea how to appeal to fans beside "we'll just shove things from old games into new games". As a series it feels like the evolution of the series has halted for the most part. It feels like Atlus is convinced that fans only want the same Law vs Chaos in Tokyo conflict we have seen before when that's not the case. Fans genuinely want them to break traditions. We don't need YHVH and Lucifer. We don't need Tokyo as the setting, we don't Law and Chaos as the alignments. The only ones that feel you need that to be megaten is Atlus themselves.

But maybe that's just me, maybe I have too much faith in the fanbase. These are the same people that go "DUDE MARA IS A PENIS XDDD" so perhaps maybe my expectations are too high of the community.

I wish Persona games were harder and had better dungeons. A game where they mix up story, social links, challenging dungeons and encounters sounds like a really good game because I've noticed when playing SMT after a while I feel burnt out from all the exploring.

Attached: 1550614532766.jpg (480x360, 60K)

>Brainwashes the Red Sprite Crew
What happened in the Chaos route isn't what I'd consider brainwashing. If you want to see real brainwashing, review what Zelenin did to Jack's crew, user. That still doesn't alter the fact that Chaos represents freedom as a whole in the game, so there's no point in nitpicking on one point.

>The point of chaos is the strong do whatever they want while the weak serve
Except Jimenez embodies extreme chaos. How does it make any sense when he acts like a demon with "muh world of str". Jimenez isn't the Chaos Hero who wants freedom, the guy wants a fucking hellhole.

>I've noticed when playing SMT after a while I feel burnt out from all the exploring.
Then take a break. Social Links are the most annoying aspect of Persona games to me, I find them boring and would rather be in a dungeon. If you're sick of combat you can always take a break, there's no way for me to take a break when the game says I have to sit through a twenty minute cutscene of a character telling me their life problems.

Because YHVH doesn't follow their ideology. Serving him would mean giving up things they're not willing to give up and following him means permanently giving up your claim to power.
In a world of chaos everyone has the choice to either risk themselves in order to attain power, or take the easy way out and be someone's bitch, but never in the way that YHVH woukd have it since in a world of law absolutely no one gets a choice at all.

Am fine with it being in Toyko but C/N/L has got to go. I think it does't work anymore and the more I think about it the cooler reasons or something like it are.

Jimenez and Zel represent the worst chaos and law has to offer. the most extreme. He wants freedom and only the strong to live. If its only demons so be it. He becomes one anyways and when you beat him he wishes to be reborn as one.

>What happened in the Chaos route isn't what I'd consider brainwashing
It is though. Also Jimenez was never about freedom, only Redux makes him like that since Alex opens up his mind with new possibilities on what "Chaos" really means.

Blame the higher ups. They apparently want the series to remain in Tokyo. There's nothing inherently wrong with the concept of Alignments either, they just need altercations on ideology for each following game so they touch on different topics instead of the same shit. As for your other points, YHVH isn't even used as a primary antagonist most of the time. His first actual appearance since SMT II was in Apocalypse, so I doubt we'll be seeing him again for a long ass time. Not so sure about Lucifer's roll, but he needs to step back as well. It feels like we'll get another system akin to Reasons in V, but we'll see.

>take a break
>never get back around to it
>come back and start a new save file because I forgot everything
I've done this with nocturne like 3 times

>Jimenez and Zel represent the worst chaos and law has to offer. the most extreme
That's the point. Everything with his wurld of str was inconsistent with his arc.

You look like you know what you're talking about. Can you tell me what you dislike about devil survivor?

That sounds like a you problem user. Maybe this series isn't for you, not even saying that to be a dick.

the raidou games are clunky but it function really well as as simple action rpg
i wouldn't mind a smt game like that with some updates

>Fans want the same law vs chaos in Tokyo
While the Tokyo part stands in Nocturne and the most recent Apocalypse this wasn't the case
>fans want to break traditions
The series break more traditions than uphold them, which is why we see tons more spinoffs than numbered titles.

I think that you see Megaten ad only numbered titles in mainline, where the series as a whole is broad and vast that has many experimental titles with varied settings, story lines, gameplay mechanis etc. Numbered titles exist BECAUSE they're the same old, while everything else is pretty out there.

Did you not play SJR? They literally address the one thing you could nitpick as an inconsistency, saving Bugaboo.
That sounds like a personal problem, honestly. If you can't consistently play through the games, they might not be your cup of tea.

>How does it make any sense when he acts like a demon with "muh world of str"
What do you even mean by this? Jimenez wants to stop following orders, sympathizes with demons and eventually chooses that he prefers them to his commanding officers when he becomes strong enough to defy them.
The world he wants is a hellhole for those that oppose him. If you can't see things from his perspective that doesn't mean that it's the character that makes no sense, not necessarily.
I get the point and you don't that's how it seems to me.

Redux address everything retarded about Jimenez and Zelenin and makes them good characters.

Why do you think regurgitating the same point makes it look like you have an argument? Did you just not understand the character?

I just think the older games are shit desu. I've had no problem playing and beating strange journey and all the other games that came out afterwards. I'm also a huge fan of EO so I'm not sure what it is.

>Devil Survivor in C
why

The sad truth is that the higher ups may not even be wrong. If they shoved Demi-fiend into SMTV for literally no reason more fans would probably applaud Atlus then anything.
You could argue that, except for the fact that they don't make spinoffs beside for Persona anymore.

I'm not saying a mainline game has to completely mix things up, all I'm saying is that it feels like Atlus is too worried to experiment in any meaningful way in fear of fan outcry. They only thing they really "experimented" with in IV:A was making a game which appealed more to Persona fans, which ironically did create major fan outcry and didn't even attract many Persona fans.

>Was never about freedom
Did you miss the part where he raided Jack's base and freed the demons because he sympathized with them

He put SMT1 in S. He's acting up for attention.

I've yet to play Redux and for me Jimenez has always represented core chaos values. Freedom being one of them. I mean even from the introduction scenes you can see how he hates following orders and things just continue to escalate.

>What do you even mean by this?
Are you dumb? Jimenez doesn't want real freedom, he doesn't give a shit about that. He literally only believes "strong live, weak die" like some kind of idiotic monkey after becoming awakened. SJ is the generic evil version of Chaos he tries to act like.

Get a dragon and a kishin on your MCs team. Have him hit beldr twice for each of his turns and Beldr won't be able to fight back. Give everyone else demons with bind and healing abilities.

It takes time and resources to pump out spinoffs for an already niche series. Why do that when they could continue to make Persona, and make twice the money? I get what you're saying, but from a marketing standpoint, there is no point. I'd love to see some new spinoffs akin to DDS, and Devil Summoner, but I understand why they're not making them anymore.

That has nothing to do with freedom.

>Come to thread looking for SMT
>Get walls of text with literally nothing to do with SMT
GG retards.

Attached: 1547936253744.png (493x444, 216K)

IVA tried to extend an olive branch to Personafags while P5 did the same to SMTfags.

Jimenez desperately wants to leave the Schwarzwelt in the first place since he got there.

Persona is still Megaten and we don't know what Atlus has cooked up in store next. I won't lie, things have certainly changed with Sega acquiring Atlus and the last non-persona Megaten we have is the Mobile game.

I certainly don't think Fan outcry id what they fear, but rather corporative benchmarks.

I understand why they're not making them either, the point I was trying to make is that you can't argue that Atlus experiments with the spinoffs games user because they don't make any anymore.

>P5 did the same to SMTfags.
No it didn't. Let me guess, muh "guns"

>anons have actual discussion on the series, it's future, and themes
>"wtf where are the memes guys? I thought we could mention matador for the millionth time"

So you keep saying but you'll never convince anyone unless you actually try. I think it's fair to say that I've already paid you too much attention.

We're talking alignments dude what the fuck do you mean "nothing to do with SMT"? Are you new?

Thank you for missing the point, once again. Jimenez's version of Chaos, is once again the alignment at its extreme. The strong live with the freedom to do what they please, and the weak die off. It's Darwinism at its finest. If you don't agree, that's fine, but don't confuse the points.

Not him but I have fond memories of SMTI since it was my first Megaten and i'd put it in S too

Posting this reply I wrote up before.

I feel chaos is misunderstood honestly. I don't think it's a good ideology or support it but I'll defend it at least.

A lot of people think chaos in terms of the chaos ending in Strange Journey, absolute disorder and humanity in a free for all killing itself. It's important to remember that this is Mem Aleph's idea if chaos. She wanted humanity to return to, remain in, their most primal state possible so that they wouldn't be able to further harm the planet.

Lucifer's chaos is not exactly this simple. For the other games such an extreme state of chaos is expected but not desired to stay permanently. Lucifer feels that while such a state of freedom would create anarchy initially he believes such a state is necessary in order for humans to rise above themselves and overcome their primal tendencies. Essential Chaos is Lucifer gambling the chance that while humans would initially act as remorseless killers but that over time will create a system of true equality and peace. He strives for true freedom for humans but is willing to risk humanity destroying itself for it as he has faith in them.

Attached: Lucifer.jpg (2144x1712, 639K)

Nocturne's setting is really shitty. It's so fucking boring and press turn is so mindless.

Demons are back, demon negations, the nocturne reference in the Colosseum in Sea's palace, final boss you fight all 4 archangles like in SMT I. They also reference Raidou but am not sure if that is only the English translation or not.

>guns (fuck you)
>negotiations
>no more lame shadow blobs
I mean for fuck's sake the last dungeon looks like Nocturne, sounds like DDS and you climb a gauntlet where you fight the archangels.

The entire ending screamed an SMT chaos ending. Fighting the Archangels, and Yaldabaoth especially.

Nocture: Strength
SJ: Vitality I guess, your demons is what matter.
IV: Anything. But excels most in support, and having a Physical Demon.
Desu: Magic
Desu2: Strength

Yes, that's why he acts inconsistent

>Freeing demons he sympathizes with has nothing to do with freedom
user, I..

>Draws on blank cards to give your personas power
>just like the demon painter in P2
>Demon painter was a reference to Kaneko
>Therefor he is also a reference to the Kaneko
Plus look at those eyelashes

Attached: ete lash.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>Desu2: Strength
nah I think magic is better

>Persona 1 over Persona 5
I will never understand why people like P1 more than any of the others, I get the whole "real shin megumu tensay game" thing but god that game plays like shit.

>Implying anyone gives a fuck about diet Jun
(lol)

>Lucifer actually helps you in SJR New Law
He must've had the time of his life watching devout Lawfags rebel against the wise men.

Attached: 1424917388327.jpg (320x320, 53K)

So chaos is literally neutral+?

P1 is fine gameplay wise. Would definitely put it above innocent sin.
Nowhere near as good as the latest persona games though that's for sure.

I think it plays better then P2. And it does't play like shit user fuck off.

P1 is alot more fun then P3. P3 and not being able to control party members and how slow everything is, is awful.

>Demons are back
They always been back
>demon negations
Which is a dumbed down version of P2 with the retarded idea of bringing IV's system along with it which made it shit
>nocturne reference in the Colosseum in Sea's palace
Seriously? A reference?
>final boss you fight all 4 archangles like in SMT I
Last time it was like II, now I? What's nex?
Yeah. let's just forgot how the tone and atmosphere is completely different. "b-but we bought back features that doesn't make it like SMT but lets pretend!"
I hate the Nu-MegaTen fanbase so much.

I got a 3ds recently and finished IV. It was kino as fuck, I loved doing the sidequests, hunting the fiends and clearing the DLC. I hope V has more of that.
Also, Why does everyone hate the nu-Archangels? Everyone shits on them for some reason, they remind me of Bayonetta angels, i like them.

Attached: 3DS - Shin Megami Tensei IV - Archangels.png (1805x512, 672K)

Lucifer is based as hell in SMT II.

I'm just sad they dropped the grid after a single try, since it had more choices than literally nothing all other games had (and rows in Q).
It just needed hammering some more blatant mistakes like SLinks had to.

The awkward grid system, the games like 30 fucking element types, the slow menus and overdrawn attack animations, and the random encounter rate all made that game insufferable to me. P2:IS combat feels way better, or even SMT1/2 if you ask me.

You can say the same about Law, it all depends if its Dark, Neutral, or Light.

>superficial elements make it like SMT
Embarrassing evrerytime

What is "good gameplay"? Does that just mean you can mash x to win VS bad gameplay requiring you to strategize?

It didn't at all

>tfw Doomguy was my strongest physical damage dealer in both SJ and SJR
My demons could be pretty strong but it was jarring how the MC had like 50 STR while my strongest physical demon available had like 40 at best

Yeah it doesn't.

In a way. The difference is that Lucifer's method isn't guaranteed to work, he believes that humans can overcome themselves but if they actually can is the question then. Neutral is the idea that the gamble he wants to take is just too risky.

That's a wrong list.
You need to go LUCK every time.

Typical elitist fanboy. Smoke some weed, open your chakras dude.
Stop being mad bro. He didn't even say anything to offend you that much.

>Demons are back
As enemies
>Demon negotiations
It's not.

Fuse your demons, exploit weakness, try to add null and resist to your demons, USE BUFFS AND DEBUFFS, don't have a retarded stat distribution on your character, always use the strongest equipment available.

They try to hard to be "Dude angels are abominations", but they honestly look jarring on top of being guest artist designs. They'd fit in Bayonetta, but not here. Unironically, I like Merkabah's IVA fix by Doi.

But YHVH is the strongest, so he gets to make the rules. Isn't that how Chaos works?

No need to invest in any stat, the damage is based on level, at one of my playthroughs I went mostly vitality and still beat him up.

He's a retard who pretends P5 is like SMT.
>As enemies
Which only superficial retards care about
>It's not
It Literally is. You cant even fail it

It's important to remember that fan translation for SMTII was made almost 20 years ago, Gideon was a complete amateur then. What I'm trying to say is that his translation isn't exactly perfect, many people have said chaos in his translation presented in a more sympathetic light then it really is written as.

Hey Ryan, fuck off

You might've just misunderstood the meaning of the expression "extend an olive branch". I hope you did anyways.
No one's saying that persona is now mainline but the return to more traditional features is undeniable.
Please don't keep acting like a bitch in an effort to prove how die hard you are, chances are I've played more megaten than you have anyway.

I like Gabby, but rest are garbage.

Mostly just the plot and characters, both of which I wouldn't mind if it was lighter on said plot.

Nice try nig, but if I were begging for (you)sI'd put RONDE or Demikids in S.

I like the changes SMT IV and IVA did.
So many of you folks complain about change but I like the changes. Being different is good, keeping the same formula gets a bit stale.

I hope they experiment more with the formula.

They werent in P3 or P4 user. We are talking about Persona bro. It being a worse version of it it still much better way of getting personas then it being random. And yea references are nice user no need to get so uptight. The tone not being as dark or whatever doest take away anything I said. Yes the tone is not as dark as P2 or P3. Or even mainline but still.
>Last time it was like II, now I? What's nex?
What are you on about? Fucking Sperg.

I never said its like SMT you fucking braindead ape.
>Which only superficial retards care about
Fuck you nigger. Fighting blobs or hands is lame. Fighting demon designs is alot better idk how you can dislike this.

Keep your mouth shut Ryan. You fucks will do anything to invalidate Persona 5, I swear. The developers have even said that they brought back SMT elements to go back to the series roots. You smooth heads are so deluded in your elitism that it's sickening.

Chaos has always been promoting freedom of choice, thought, and action above all else in stark contrast to the controlling nature of the Law. SJ is just a extreme variation of Chaos and Law.

Go smoke some weed. Go to Tibet and open your chakras. Hell, go to church and pray to God. You need to relax mate.

Demikids is good though, you contrarian clown.

Is the Overclocked dub good?
>inb4 >dubs >good

Having a generic cast of various anime troupes isn't the "different" that megaten should have. A new setting, differences in battle mechanics, new philosophies and such, is what should be changed between games.

Why are incels so mad about games where you can choose to have friends?

I like when games are different as well but IVA being more happy go lucky is not a good change or even a good idea. Idk what IV change. I assuming you mean story/plot/narrative wise. IVA is tight as far as gameplay goes.

I probably would have liked her more in IV:A if she was still voiced by Laura Bailey.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Everyone in these threads wanks up Chaos and says that bad kind of Chaos isn't actually real Chaos, while insisting that Law is exclusively serving YHVH. Law is the real underappreciated alignment.

You haven't and a superficial attempt to please Nu-megaten fans like you is killing Atlus.

YHVH's goal is not to rule entities within the universe but instead to control the universe itself.
Chaos bending the knee to Law essentially means giving up the notion of freedom itself along with personal freedom. In a chaos world you can end up a slave sure but it would be due to events happening during your lifetime and not before it.

I installed undub the second I heard "Yoohoo".

Megaten was always anime tropes, they were just different back then, retard.

Okay bitch.

IVA execution was sloppy. The concept was something I really like. Besides, if you wanted to go full edge the option is there.

Bro, every cast in SMT is generic. It's just the difference between 80s/90s generic vs 00/10s generic.

Okay, from what I understand, Jimenez is a pro-demon guy. He saw demons as his friends, and was against Jack torturing them. Then when he turned into a demon he decides to go with them and be free. But I never saw him going with the only the strong rules mentality.

Oh my god please don't awaken the law shitposters

Well then keep the casts "generic" like in older games then the generic we saw in IV:A.

What's wrong with Demikids? Maybe it doesn't belong in S tier but at least the core mechanics are intact

In Chaos route the entirety of humanity dies anyway, freedom is an illusion.

The Massacre ending is just as worse. It somehow took the "killing your friends for having different ideologies" and dialed it to 100 with how edgy Dagda is. Apocalypse in general is a complete mess, and should have never been conceived.

Are you stupid? Chaos is easily the most shit upon aligment. People just post more chaos memes because of Walter.

He was more about survival initially and was only out for himself, and strength is a means to survive

I didn't think I'd care about the voices since I played the original but the japanese voice acting was solid. No idea about english.

You're clearly delusional or you have never been on this website before.

The concept was very cool. Wasted potential is still potential and I enjoyed it. I don't see why you folks are always so angry all the time when something doesn't connect with you.

Times change dude. It's not even that bad. Look at it with an open mind dude.

>Thus he stops relying on you
Except for when he takes Hijiri hostage and forces you to do a bunch of work for him

The "generic" anime characters nowadays are absolutely awful. The trope colored cast of characters we got in Apocalypse were barely tolerable. Especially Toki's banter with Asahi.

sure butt he full edge option felt like going the exact opposite way the game was trying to get you to so its felt wierd. It had a good idea but it did fuck it up hard. The poly god alliance is pretty cool but goes nowhere. Like its a route I cant join. In a SMT game. Really?

Are you? You've clearly never been around these threads long, because most people align themselves with Chaos. If anything is a meme, it's Law or Neutral.

They may weren't enemies. It isn't better than shuffle as a new system that requires tracking is better than a extremely shit version of negotiation but it's okay to shit right? It's just like SMT!!!!!
>And yea references are nice user no need to get so uptight.
Oh then why do people dislike #FE which is nothing but references?
>The tone not being as dark or whatever doest take away anything I said
It does since that's the main thing that separates the series from Persona and SMT. The fact is P5 wasn't a throwback to SMT, it was just bringing back shit from 1 and 2.
>I never said its like SMT you fucking braindead ape
Yes you did.
Rather fight a blob that requires thought than the demon that doesn't

Are you seriously telling me you want a cast like IV:A in more SMT games?

At least you agree

No they didn't.

Persona 5 is a fucking shitshow. It's a shitty P4 and while I love that demon negotiation was back and even like an SMT game, the dungeons were straight fucking lines and overly long corridors. Akechi had strong character development in the first half of the game, then it just went out the window in a twist cool alright but woah no he's not actually a sociopath he has a heart even two-chan forgives you for lucidly murdering her mother should we forgive him no wait he sacrifices himself OR DOES HE WOMP WOMP WOMP.
Persona 4 gets a lot of shit for being the Oblivion of the series, but even it had punishments for fucking up social links.
None of these characters feel real. P5 is just a generic harem Skyrim.

Attached: Bait_9fd464_5889721.jpg (900x428, 67K)

This fanbase is terrible.

>listening to fatlus cucks on Yea Forums
you fell for the meme user, have you ever talked to these SMT fags IRL?
I knew one of these fatlus shills from Yea Forums irl
let me describe him
omega manlet, hairy, neet, lazy

Attached: file.png (1298x1262, 1.79M)

That's possible but that doesn't make freedom an illusion. Also it's been mentioned itt before but in SJ the alignments are all essentially fighting humanity which is ruining the planet. It's the only game in the franchise where the outcomes are biased against humans by default.

That's a (you) problem. They weren't honestly that bad compared to other waifu pandering JRPGs today.

Yeah that was a disappointment. It should have been less edge more "hey kid if you join me I can bring back your gf and dad". Yes I get the whole point was to make Nanashi segregated and cut off all ties with humanity. It would be an interesting motive.

Yes, as long as they're developed more so they're characterizations are just based on known tropes. Apocalypse and P5 hate force are going full blast today aren't they?

Is living with schizophrenia hard?

Yet, it's still somehow better than 70% of fanbases on this board.

>Think of a good villain, it feels great to kill them after seeing their acts of evil throughout the game.
I've always found it funny how Nocturne sets up a villain right at the start, Hikawa, who personally ends the world, almost kills you, and kills your teacher. But if you for some baffling reason choose to side with him, he survives and gets exactly what he wants.
On the other hand, you have two friends who turn into assholes. You can fight them, or you can try to look past their faults and side with either of them because they were your friends. But unlike Hikawa, even if you side with Chiaki or Isamu, they die anyway.

With what?

>But I never saw him going with the only the strong rules mentality.
He talks about that train of thought though

Because you can do that in any game. Let there be one series where that doesn't really matter.

Physical:
SMT 1, SMT 2, Nocturne, KMT, SMT IV (Dex), Apocalypse (Dex), Raidou Kuzunoha (both), Strange Journey, Soul Hackers (Agi and Luck)

>Magic
Devil Survivor 1 and 2, Digital Devil Saga.

In Person games you'll be juggling demons so it matters a lot less. In Strange Journey stats are random. In Nocturne a mag build can work well and in DDS a phys build can work well too. In Devil Survivor you don't want to steal the phys niche to whatever characters you're forced to use.

Magic:

Correction: characterization aren't just based on known tropes. They need to expand their history and personality a lot more.

Or just have the casts well written which hasn't happen so far

Apparently it's not a me problem since many people voice your distaste on Apocalypse's character cast.

/vg/ was a mistake.

b-but Isamu is well written! I don't know anything about writing but let me pretend he is!

>They weren't honestly that bad compared to other waifu pandering JRPGs today.
"They're honestly not bad compared to a giant reeking steampit of vile diarrhea" isn't really helping your case

All according to keikaku

Attached: kisspng-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-shin-megami-tensei-d-5af94093e16f99.7967467815262844359234.jpg (900x760, 78K)

>Yes you did.
Have you lost your mind user?
>talking to demons is worse then shuffle
kill yourself user.
>Oh then why do people dislike #FE which is nothing but references?
For many reasons. One of which was the billing seemed to make it SMTxFE not some idolshit game with a jackfrost here and there and mainly FE shit being one of them. But thats another can of worms

All I said user was extending an olive branch. Adding demon negotions, fighting demons, and talking to them and guns, is something the persona games have dropped for years now. It bringing it back as well as a few references that were tastefully done and hype. (fighting the archangels was cool) is what you can call, extending the olive branch.

>None of these characters feel real
Maybe because you didn't try to connect with them?

People hold strong opinions on IV:A and P5 because of the fear of the influence they may have on the series down the line.

All I can say is I disagree user, I don't want a group of characters following me and butting in to say some catchphrase every few minutes. Just give me a protagonist and some characterless demons, maybe a heroine.

Its really not.

What were you trying to prove with this pointless post again?

P4 does not have any punishments for fucking up Slinks you are thinking about P3. Have you even played any of the persona games?

>potinless
It's a fact Nocturne doesn't have good writing though

Oh please. It's not a character driven franchise outside of persona and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I don't want to read a novel on law hero or chaos hero's backstory, nor do I want to be their best friend. I want them to steadily spiral in different directions in an interesting way and finally climax in a good bossfight. End of story

If that's what you choose to believe. You just haven't seen cancer. Try sitting in a Xenoblade thread sometimes.

cursed image

Attached: dagda&nanashi.png (1024x868, 357K)

Vanilla has arcana reversal dipshit haven't you played it

That depends on your definition of good. Under developed and minimalist, yes. Bad? No.

I hated Strange Journey and SMT4 as well, OP.
Dungeon crawlers like those don't give you much to look at. If you've seen one battle you've seen them all. I really enjoy the 3D SMT/Persona games though. Persona 3 and Nocturne are my favourite in the series by far, even if the fusion mechanics are dated to hell because they're visually appealing so the battles don't get dull so quickly.

I'm on NG+ in Nocturne right now, nearing the end. It's still excellent.

Attached: 1556338019802.jpg (600x934, 251K)

>Oh please. It's not a character driven franchise outside of persona and I wouldn't have it any other way.
PLAY ANOTHER GAME BESIDES NOCTURNE

How does that change the casts being garbage again? You know you can still have light characters and not be poorly written right? SMT fucking 1 is the closest to managing this.

I do, they are fine unless Xfag comes along

Every dungeon that isn't a subway tunnel in that game is 10/10.

I do agree that feature was annoying but that's off topic in relation to the cast.

I can't change your mind user. I'm just telling you to look at the cast outside your perspective.
It was interesting having a full party but they never capatalized on it by having a party talk system, downtime, more characterization.

I'm just saying it would be great to have another SMT with a party with personalities joining along with you.

Its only with moon user.

No they are bad. Being inconsistent and illogical doesn't make sense

None of the mainline games are even closed to character driven.

The teleport mazes are fucking garbage though

English Shinji (Spike Spencer) is Atsuro if that means anything to you.
I mean, it's nothing stellar, but I don't mind it.

Sad to say user but for a lot of people they genuinely can't appreciate a story unless it has a "fun", likable cast of characters.
Because who cares? As long as they accomplish their roles in the plot they are well written. We don't need deep backstory on them, all we need to see is why they descend into their respective ideology and how they represent it.

>t. Can't stop getting lost

Ps2 games had some real gems that looked gorgeous, my friend.

Attached: _hack__G_U_ Last Recode_20171105173518.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

What's the deal with xenoblade threads?

Played them all capslcok retard.

It doesn't change your opinion on the cast that much is obvious but I didn't expect my post to do that anyway.
All I'm saying is I see no problem in the way the writers handle their characters and you repeating to me that they're "garbage" will not change my opinion all the same.

XC2 is absolutely abhorrent but because it's one of the only switch RPGs it gets touted as some amazing masterpiece.

>Have you lost your mind user?
You did
>kill yourself user.
Shuffle is better than a dumb down version of negotiation, yes.
>For many reasons
People just hate good gameplay, that's all.
>All I said user was extending an olive branch
You superficial P1 and 2 fans? Yeah. Not real fans.

All the new endings are neutral

The p5 cast is just terrible.

In an interview Kaneko had said originally in Nocturne they wanted the player to be able to look into the sky to see demons battling, with what demons being there depending on where in the plot the player was. Sadly this was too much even with the ps2 hardware so it was scrapped.

Personafags unironically have been derailing them lately. Otherwise, they're filled with waifufags and most of the discussion is derailed by shitposting boogeymen like Eric, or Xfag.

>Give me this, this, this, this, this, and also this
>Hmm, I won't join you
>Skips your turn and you get PRESS TURN'D by a squad of demons
Really don't like this
Don't dig SJ that much either, early on, don't like the fusion or the dungeon crawling that much, which says a lot being I love dungeon crawlers

Keep that fucking mouth shut, boy.

Before we go,
poal.me/jl8lvb
Let's take a survey of this thread's alignment.

They're easy targets

>As long as they accomplish their roles in the plot they are well written
They aren't well written

I actually hate demon conversation and I'd rather throw a pokeball at their ass.

Can't wait to get a bunch of angry (you)s

Most SMT games are terrible but Nocturne Hardtype so how is this any different?

>what is Digital Devil Monogatari Megami Tensei
>what is Digital Devil Monogatari Megami Tensei II
>what is Shin Megami Tensei
>what is Shin Megami Tensei II
>what is Shin Megami Tensei If
>what is Etrian Odyssey: Strange Journey
What is Devil Summoner?

They really are. I only liked Futaba and Yusuke because when every character devolved into a one note/quirk cardboard cut-out, these two remained entertaining at least.

Attached: 1548474051068.jpg (564x574, 50K)

It's true

I get it. Both relying on RNG to some extent.

Good thing your opinion isn't an objective truth then.

It sounds more like mainline isn't for you more then anything.

Negotiation is shit in all the games but Soul Hackers and Final to be fair

>Shuffle is better than a dumb down version of negotiation, yes.
How exactly is getting a demon at a random chance, by fighting blobs better then talking to one, a demon that is well modeled? You cant be serious user.
>You superficial P1 and 2 fans? Yeah. Not real fans.
What are you on about?

>you did
user not once did I say Persona 5 IS mainline just it has some features that I thought were cool since I love and prefer mainline. this is the last (you) will get from me. Idk if you are a shitposter or just some insane demon. But you being a sperg actively hurt this thread.

Futaba is literally the worst character in the entire series. No character is as much of a weeb's fantasy as her.

Yeah, no.

I really hope Royal fixes it, because while I myself haven't finished P5 I know from basically everybody that played it that the character development sucks. I'm just going to end up playing that, anyway.

And saying they are is? No

P5 sort of remedied this by giving each demon an "affinity" and if you guess their personality right and respond with an appropriate response, you're rewarded for it.
But once you abuse the money trick you'll never do demon negotiation ever again.

This thread has unironically had quality discussion.

>most SMT games are terrible
They’re not, though.

Nocturne's negotiation system is genuinely deep but no one uses the demon negotiation skills in combat. Using them factors in a demon's gender, appearance, level, race, and other aspects, it's genuinely really cool.

I don't like them mostly because of the style, besides, most of IV newcomers were clashing, from ayycifer, through electric boneman, Lego Chemtrail and clay Pluto/Yaso Magatsuhi. Say what ypu want about Kaneko, Soejima and Doi, but you can reasonably translate designs into 3d and they look nice after that. IV demons have aversion to simplicity and most empty areas are filled with scales, feathers weird lines or that wooden texture.

There's no way to fix it unless their social links are changed or their character development happens in the story.
Social links for party members absolutely fucked the persona characters hard.

P5 didn't do shit you fucking delusional P5babby. Shut the fuck up and kill yourself, it's dumb down garbage

You've had your explanation while in turn failng to provide one that supports your views.
It's time to stop, constantly insisting on your baseless arguments adds nothing and makes you look bad.

It can happen when secondary faggots posting "I WOULD DIE FOR ALICE XXXDDDD" aren't awake to post.

The mainline can change. SMT1 was different than SMT2 and SMT3, as well as 4 and 4A.

Accept change

For Yea Forums standards, sure

Everysingle SMT thread some one REEEs at P5. and call people P5 babies. Why? It can't be the same person.

Grow up, you're giving a bad name to SMTfags by acting like a petulant child because someone praised a game you don't like.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_04_10_at_4.26.40_PM.jpg (456x522, 104K)

What discussion? This thead was fucking terrible.

It did but then the crazy guy with the hate boner for persona 5 woke up and decided to join us.
Second time I see this happening and I don't even frequent SMT threads. I hope that guy gets hit by a bus.

But that's wrong.

You're thinking of Raidou 2

>It did
Show me

It'd be better if social links were just dating sims and the actual character development happened in-story, IMO. Though I doubt that P5R is going to even touch that aside from the new girl (who unironically is shaping up to be a decent character from what I've seen).