Mordhau

What is the most honest weapon in the game?

Attached: Mordhau-Win64-Shipping_2019-05-26_21-01-28.png (652x910, 752K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eHaCreJXOto
hooktube.com/watch?v=eHaCreJXOto
youtube.com/watch?v=7VwOHpxY_Tw
youtu.be/z-oU2HozWEs?t=272
youtube.com/watch?v=FwzIaWk9zHA
youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA
youtube.com/watch?v=997rmYqH2q4
youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs&t=209s
google.com/search?q=medieval 2 total war sergeant&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX38vQv7viAhVy6uAKHcTyDlEQ_AUIDigB&biw=1745&bih=852
youtube.com/watch?v=Gjwly2-Q6YY
coldsteel.com/war-hammer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

__Three Bear Traps ___

anything spear or poleaxe or pole-mace or shield+spear for reach with friends on your left and right, or anyone who clusters with friends

sword and shield is for 'posers' anyone who thinks they can solo, or play as if its a single player game etc.

longsword and greatsword
everything else is dishonest and frankly cringe

Longsword is probably the weapon I have the most respect for. Its very balanced and the people who are good with it are unbeatable.

>We will never have a Yea Forums playdate together to stomp on pubs

pic unrelated but I did a build with mace/firebomb/dagger to fuck around with and taking the dagger out to shank spear pokers to death has been extremely satisfying

Attached: 20190525021852_1.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

when when is the Yea Forums group-up-and-conquer party?

>yfw never

>brother is absolute garbage at this game and has zero skill
>resorts for fire bombs for kills
>accidentally picks up a zweihander and gets 20 kills with it before he dies
That sword is meta for a reason, anyone who pretends it isn’t brain dead free kills is a retard.

the zweihander pisses me off so much

does this game have horses yet

yes

this game is gonna die unless they add waifus

The stab is too strong + long distance, it's like a spear but with a fucking insane swing option too.

you have horrible taste and should probably just go to reddit with the rest of the normies

It’s long enough that you can just lmb spam while walking backwards and get free kills on people with shorter weapons, and its slow speed isn’t a disadvantage when all anyone does in this game is spam riposte.

>Playing builder
>Horse runs at me
>Put down wall in front
>Causes him to stop and his couched lance to miss
>Surround him with haphazardly placed walls
>He uses a spear and can't destroy them
>Teammates murder him
>He insults me in chat
>My face

So good.

Attached: 1488131004675.jpg (339x302, 13K)

Whoever told me to use a single bind for feint/parry has wasted my time. You can't go from a swing into a block when you realize that you're about to get hit, you just feint instead and get killed.

I never understood why there’s a feint or parry key. What’s the intended function of that?

posting underappreciated weapon

Attached: Bardiche.png (427x945, 634K)

no ive been here longer than you

I doubt it, but you're a fag with shit taste either way.
Jerking off isn't a personality, get your waifu obsessed bullshit away from Mordhau. If you want to talk to a bunch of fat sweaty autists about your boner try a Shantae thread or some other game that has been ruined by retards that can't stop playing with their dicks.

Bear traps need a fucking buff, their activation area is smaller than a zwei users cock and you can just fucking smack them or crouch walk over them to render them 100% worthless to boot.

you mean new maps?
gang gang bardiche is so good i switched to longsword to feel more honest
feels badass chopping heads off tho and the alt mode is pure BDE

Lord Snow. Come to take me back for trial?

Attached: Karl Tanner of Gin Alley.png (631x1014, 578K)

I'm bad at this game

If there's anything worse than weapon cheesing in this game, it's this.

What? Helmetless tards giving you free points? What's wrong with that?

But my waifu is cuter than yours

Pan. No one can claim it's OP without losing all their nerd cred. It is still effective and not training sword tier. No one can claim it is too long. No one can claim the animations are ridiculous. To use it you cant crutch on heavy armor + bloodlust. It is the true Man's Man Honest to God Almighty Above Weapon.

>greatsword
can someone redpill me on the greatsword? i really want to like it but it just doesn't seem worth the cost and the alt grip seems totally pointless

Luckily the game plays out like Mount&Blade more often than not, so at least one guy with an Executioner's Sword can make up for four Jon Snows playing Megalovania on the lute.

how do I get gud

It's basically just an honest zweihander/exec sword, i.e. a worse one.

Whenever I see somebody with a short spear my instant reaction is to hate that person

Slimy fucks

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 113K)

potential to 2 hit most people instead of 3 like longsword, also you get more range
downside is slower swings which is what alt grip is for
i dont like it

>using short spear in combat
>not carrying two just to throw into the fray and knock out some goons before taking out a much manlier weapon

Attached: 20190521230033_1.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

equip rapier + heather shield like all the other retards who don't know what they're doing but can figure out how to roll a scrollwheel.

>What is the most honest weapon in the game?
Anything with high damaging strikes/swings is a dishonest weapon.
Anything with a very long windup and therefore a far longer dragging window allowing for Chivalry tier bullshit is a dishonest weapon.
War Axe and Maul are the most dishonest of all, followed by Executioner and Zweihander.
The only true weapons for honest noblemen are the Short Sword, Rapier and Short Spear. Some other weapons in the 1-4 Point range are okay too. Honorable mention to the Estoc.

Honestly I still don't really know how to combat those goons unless I get a clean kick in then proceed to spam kick till they die

>your team has 5 archers, 2 lute players, and a guy trying to build a ballista fort all game
>enemy team is all 3/3/3 knights with plumed helmets
every fucking game

>Rapier and Short Spear
>honest noblemen
nope

You literally can't do anything against them because their stab will always be faster than whatever you can hurl at them. So you're stuck waiting for them to initiate.

Whats wrong with short spear without shield

Three daggers, don't (You) me

Messer is my weaponfu

how to practice

>spear
>honest
It's rapier tier and for gays.

>reddit
>waifus
This board just says the dumbest shit anymore. It doesn't even have to pretend to make any sense. how the fuck are waifus reddit? Waifus are Yea Forums as fuck, my dude. We're on an anime website, retard. Jesus Christ, you fuckers have got to go. I don't care where. hell, stay here, but lurk moar. Jesus Christ, I can't find enough blasphemy within me to adequately describe the contempt I feel.

Learn how to chamber-morph you fuckin retard. Rapier and spears are trash tier weapons. If you manage to meet someone who can actually parry and doesn't panic block while using those shit weapons, just beat them via attrition. They will run out of stamina very quickly.

Attached: 1538339088548.jpg (627x720, 66K)

Eveningstar

Swords and axes are m1 spam weapons, polearms are range cheese, rapier and short spear are noob killers, and everything else is low tier.

Attached: eveningstar.jpg (1920x1200, 444K)

Chamber their shitty stab. Feint right after you chamber it and kick them. If they're too far away to kick, then repeat the above step. The people who use shield + 1h are 95% of the time garbage and will miss a block or poorly position themselves. It's not hard. Practice chambering for 10 minutes and you will get it. Even a brainlet can learn how to chamber-morph a stab 100% of the time.

>hasn't played in a while
Stab got nerfed to high heaven, it's turning into 2hander ballerina matches in frontline. Dunno about duel shit, but duel shit is gay.

my reaction time is legitimately too bad to chamber reliably
wat do

Warhammer.

Attached: 20190525141817_1.jpg (1600x900, 167K)

Kill yourself.

New maps with wench NPCs in them

>Chamber their shitty stab. Feint right after
Have fun eating their stab that'll interrupt whatever you wrote afterwards.

It isn't, mate. The way I treat chambers is reactionary, not predictive. With a rapier or spear you know they're going to stab, so just wait for them to stab and then use your own stab (direction doesn't matter.) Are you predicting? It's usually not good to predict chambers; you have a long time to react because they have to completely finish their "release" and THEN you chamber. I have a feeling you're doing it a bit too early. My reaction time is shite and I'm always drunk so I'm sure you'll be fine with a bit of practice. Once you nail stab chambers, then work on horizontals. After horizontals, work on uppers. uppercut chambers aren't even worth it imo. Anyway the timing you're looking for is the second that they "grunt" and THEN you chamber it, so you got a while to read your attack. Think of chambering like a perfectly timed parry. Sorry for the fuckin novel, shit's hard to explain desu

Idk what to tell you. Git gud. I chamber their stabs and morph into an overhead. If they block the overhead, I start feinting after the chamber. It's all about timing and throwing people off their own timing. Shields are definitely annoying, but rapier/spear without shield is hilariously easy to counter.

By "uppers" I meant overheads, sorry. UPPERCUTS are not worth chambering, but overheads are.

>lmao getgud
The fact that you don't specify which weapons is apparent that it is you who haven't dealt with a semi-skilled rapierfag, because the only way you're going to hit back at them is through a riposte.

With only effective stabs at their disposal, they are largely unable to engage in the majority of the game's ridiculous 270° spin drags and instant shots to the sky or ground in order to hyper accelerate their attacks.
Stab Weapons are the most honest. Your animosity is misplaced only because shieldfags have paired their dumb shit with the glorious Rapier and spear so much.

Oh boy, the honest posting has begun. I guess the game really is dead.

Also feinting what? They have a shield, they'll be laughing their ass off while you're wasting 10, 20, 30 stamina doing dumb feints against a fucking shield.

rapiers and spears are for actual niggers

Anything other than Longsword, Greatsword, Messer, Battle Axe, Pole Axe, and Falchion is for utter faggots who need a crutch to win. Spears and rapiers are garbage-tier weapons btw and you will get dicked by people who know how to counter them.

I am so terrible. My blocks and parries feel so slow and I can't ever get an attack on time

Clearly you can't chamber on command and you have zero rhythm or footwork. I use Longsword or Messer 100% of the time and I haven't had a single issue with rapiers since I actually learned footwork and combat rhythm. You probably don't even know the fucking basics if you're having this much trouble. If you can't do the things in this video, you really do need to git gud because these are just the basics:
youtube.com/watch?v=eHaCreJXOto

Attached: 1558551644198.gif (270x200, 929K)

Or perhaps you should stop playing on NA servers with all the mouthbreathers.

whats wrong with breathing with your face?

Edit to:
His tutorial on the shield doesn't always work if the faggot is backpedaling. Dealing with shields is annoying for sure; takes a lot of hours gauging distance and having good footwork. Have been playing since beta and they're still really annoying to deal with if the shield user is even halfway competent (most aren't though)

>looking for server
>nice one at 50 ping with 47/48 people
>join
>ping shoots up to 200
>leave
>see same server with 50 ping
why the fuck does this keep happening

Lol the best players are on NA. Most of the chivalry pros are on NA servers. EU is good too but there aren't nearly as many players.

Happens to me too, shit's fucking annoying. Glad I'm not the only one. I'm sure they'll patch it soon. These devs actually give a shit

Shame it looks like shit, are there any nice bardiche skins?

>rapier
drop your sewing pin you fucking girl

>hooktube.com/watch?v=eHaCreJXOto
>use kick brah
>backpedals

Also how does this prove anything you dumbfuck lmao, this training-dummy does one (1) stab and then eats a sword, where's the spam?

youtube.com/watch?v=7VwOHpxY_Tw

Mind your range and your opponents, that's the trick.

No one likes modern weebs
In fact, Yea Forums invented the word weeb to shit on wapanese fags who have been replaced with waifu fags

Unfortunately this won't work for me since I have around 100ms latency, I simply cannot ever beat someone on a chamer unless they fuck it up. Stab spam is my greatest weakness, even after the nerf.

If you're seriously having this much trouble against rapiers/spears WITHOUT shields you're bad at the fucking game and need to practice in duelyards against someone using those weapons. The only thing I have sympathy for is having trouble with shield-faggots because they're tricky to deal with even for experienced players. Keep being a whiny faggot though, I don't really care, just another panic-blocking baddie to get free exp from in frontline pubs.

Attached: 1549424407782.jpg (620x466, 113K)

Anyone else like the cheap early armour best? I find myself wearing the 'crude' stuff because I love the shitty merc look.

I can't even estimate and appreciate distances irl how am I supposed to do it in a virtual space where there's a trillion people yelling and killing each other around me
Whenever I somehow manage to do literally anything seventy-four people instantly teleport to me and kill me, if I'm in a group everybody just disappears into a void of nothingness even Exdeath wouldn't approach

Why are you suddenly talking about non-shields?
Can't even read now? Fucking pathetic user.

mace for fun, firebombs for choke points and structure damage, dagger for shanking spearfags or throwing for a laugh

Attached: 20190526224241_1.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

Maul, it's my favorite weapon as far as damage and animations. Next is the eveningstar.

I hope they add flails next.

Attached: 1536290540821.jpg (419x888, 70K)

so is there a reason i can stab with a spear and not be close enough but from what seems the same distance an arming sword hits me?

Is the war axe op? Whats its downsides? Been using it here lately and it seems to shit on people

Footsies user, like in a fighting game.

Unironically play in third person.

only downside is modest range

my nigga
nothing is more satisfying in this game then the sound of crushing someones fucking skull

Attached: watermelons.jpg (533x773, 71K)

lag, but you probably just straight up missed

Longsword or Eveningstar
Those are pretty based and balanced weapons

>When you kill a Zweihander user with your blacksmith hammer
>And they can do nothing but wallow in shame

Attached: SpZgOFo.jpg (853x565, 112K)

>average 40 some kills a match
>all the shitters who cry about 3v1s and unfair weapons are the ones who cant get past 10 kills

Kill yourself off this retarded fucking earth redditnigger
people like you are exactly why mordhau sucks fucking balls, they thought appealing to your autistic teamwork-fueled ass would be a great idea instead of just making a good swordfighting game
faster, cheap, not autistic, allows you the points needed to get Fury+rush with you 2/2/0
messernigger. People like you belong on a cross.

It's basically a cheaper Maul, and the only thing it loses is the headshot on medium-heavy armor while still keeping the two-shots on the body/head regardless of armor. Of course it shits on people.

I'll take things that never happened for 200 Alex

but i've been looking at recordings when this happens and my cursor is always on them

also, sometimes i come upon an enemy facing away from me and they are still able to parry my strikes/stabs when i'm like 90 degrees to their side

Not going to lie, if they add flails I'll buy the game. I wore myself out on m&b, so I decided not to buy this; but fucking flails would be lovely.

its a great counter to billhook and has sneaky speed

>Zweihander NIGRO appears
>starts running to my side and waving his homo stick
>I just watch him struggle to follow his cursor
>walk behind him and whack him with my longsword
What's their deal?

There are webms floating around of them completely barricading horsefags with walls, but I only have this one saved. It works.

Attached: dumb horseniggers 4.webm (1000x562, 2.93M)

It's so nice seing horsefags get btfo so easily.

>If I wear a tabard and heavy boots then no one will no I have unarmored legs!

Attached: 1555040284880.gif (300x188, 439K)

Like it even matters.

me like war axe

thats a fantastic tactic. thanks.

I wish that the R wasn't a throw and was a close grip for the rough head and a head switch for the spike end.

Yeah, leg armor sucks we should all stop wearing leg armor.

Attached: D-FENCE.png (1082x1223, 1.3M)

Lol like knigga who falls for that?

You would be surprised how few people look for traps. I sometimes drop them right in peoples faces, and they still walk straight into it.

>play in some duels to get better at fighting before playing frontline
>get pretty good at feints, morphs, chambers etc
>go into frontline
>none of that shit matters
Fuck me aside from chambers everything else feels worthless in this mode. Hell alot seem to actually hamper you.

Maybe I should try and run a rogue build one of these days.

I just killed a guy by putting it at the top of a ladder.

Man, every time I put down a bear trap people walk right past it without triggering it. I've resolved to only use them in the taiga cave entrance bush, and even then people have started going over the rocks because that bush is so frequently trapped or spiked.

Feints get kills in Frontline super easily. All you need to worry about is your positioning if you don't want to get McGangbanged by 5 people at once.

go to 24 player servers.

>h-hey guys we applied s-splash to the turds so that it punishes you for tower camping haha aren't we fixing the problem?

Do you have a loadout or do you pick shit up off the ground? Haven't bought it, kind of interested.

Attached: aiwg.jpg (540x1488, 148K)

you make loadouts but you can pick anything up off the ground you find even if its something your loadout points wouldn't allow

Not that user, but they really aren't nearly as effective. Most people in frontline dont give a fuck about feints and just swing wildly.

So you block them, feint, then counter.

>block them
>feint
>by the time feint is over they will have swung again and hit you before you swing again
Do you play frontlines much?

Teach me how to feint properly bros.
I'm doing it but niggas don't fall for it.

You're probably shit at feinting. Feinting takes a split second and everyone gets ready to block after they are blocked unless they want to be hit in the face.

BASED

People know to listen for the grunt before a swing, that means it's a committed swing that can be blocked or chambered. If you don't grunt, they won't fall for it. So you have to learn how to chamber to get advantage beyond the Swing > Block > Swing > Block exchange.

Except it also takes a split second to swing again brainlet. What part of people just swing wildly in frontlines dont you get? Furthermore a good feint takes a bit longer than a split second since why the fuck would you feint at the start of the attack animation

It literally doesn't take a split second to swing again, you are just a shitter. You have plenty of time to retaliate, just keep practicing you scrub.

The most obvious advice is to wait longer to feint, if you do it too early decent people never fall for it
Also, in general stabs are the best type of attack to feint since they have the best reach and normally also come out the quickest. This means that you can start the pressure from further away and make them feel like they need to parry more urgently

Messer is the most honest weapon.
- Good damage but not OP.
- doesn't reach you across the map when stab like the zweihander
- quick enough to block and hit the nigger with the weapon mentioned above
- also can kill bowniggers with one hit

>mess around with the messer
>do a low swing, hit enemy in gut, knocks him off his fucking feet on death and into the river
fun weapon

I find feints and morphs to work really well in frontline. You can put a great duelist in frontline and have him fall for the shittiest of feints since he has to divide his attention between you and the maul gorilla trying to unga bunga him.

I always aim for the legs.
Usually people put their good armor in the head and chest, but the majority i see forgets the legs.

nerf horses
nerf mauls
nerf bloodlust
new maps

Don't forget Sarracen and Mongol armor sets.

>ctrl+f
>longsword
>eight results

Thank god everyone isn't an idiot putting their favored cheese forward. Longsword isn't even that fun but you have to admit it's the most admirable weapon in the game, if you get shut down by someone with a longsword in frontline or duels you know they are a decent play and also that their k/d is certainly less than 1:1 because this game is full of cheese but the longsword isn't.

>nerf mauls

Attached: 1549187488630.png (420x420, 288K)

The true patrician armor setup is 323.

One shotting a guy who has level 3 all armor is retarded. It should do at most 95. While anything else can die.

I'm a pussy so i use 333.

No niggers or mongrels allowed, go back to
>>>/fhg/

i love using this weapon against my friends in duels cause you can pull off 360 swings and wind up pull a 180 and whack them on the swing start
The headsman blade looks pretty kino

>slow hitting great hammer made for cracking armorbabie's skulls in
>hurr my armor should save me from every weapon in the game why am I getting hurt whaaaaa
Cry more 3/3/3 fag.

Attached: 1527643703957.jpg (400x300, 14K)

Remember to use throwing axes, lads. Especially to preemptively destroy the horse menace.

Attached: Throwing Axes.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

This makes a little sense since over and under swings are the hardest to chamber and parry when dragged but limiting yourself to arming/bastard swords is boring as fuck.

>being so smug about a weapon that relies on the enemy blocking too early because of it's massively retarded slow swing
Buff the swing speed and I won't have much of an issue.

If you knew how to play you would realize why the slow swing is an advantage.

I just said why it's an advantage moron.

>buff the swing speed
Sure pal. I think it's fine, I get plenty of skull with mine.

>some shitter itt unironically asking to nerf mauls
Lmao how shit are you guys? The maul is awful as long as you are decent

Yeah, relying on people blocking too early. That's the only way.

You will one day find enjoyment in the variability in your opponents weapons, I suggest playing note duel servers. Iv everything was nerfed down to you're level this game would be as boring as tic-tac-toe or rock-paper- scissors.

Or feinting their shit, or dragging and accelerating. Go play more dumbnigger.

>Lmao how shit are you guys? The rapier/horses/bloodlust are awful as long as you are decent

That is what retards want the game to be, they want every weapon to be the same but look different. Glad they aren't being pandered to.

nah, i'll just continue raping maulniggers with the rapier.
It's only a fair balance.

Except the maul is easier to counter than literally all of those

Nothing wrong with that, why would you even ask to nerf mauls if they have a counter then? Are you fucking retarded?

Because the rapier is also retarded and needs a nerf as well. Just like the maul. Multiple things can be broken, one-shotter. And the rapier isn't even fun, just good for killing smug acting maulfaggots.

The real question is: Do you MORDHAU?

Attached: Longsword.webm (852x480, 2.95M)

I want every weapon to be a Jedi Knight II lightsaber with several attack styles so each player has a vast variety of moves and tactics on-hand, not gimmick loadouts where everybody is limited to one weapon's fixed variables.

>Glad they aren't being pandered to.
just you wait faggot, they already nerfed thrusts because we complained so much. Get ready for so much more.

Dude, just git gud. Fucking up rapierfags is the first skillgate of the game.

Works well above ladders and common hop points into enemy bases

I hope this is bait.
So not asking for more weapons, but all of the weapons in the game to be the same. You come off as a giant retarded faggot.

Be aggressive and make them block first. Easier to make guys fake out than try to read feints.

>I hope this is bait.
How is wanting multiple styles on a single weapon bait? I want more than just Standard/Mordhau or Standard/Choke or Standard/Halfsword on weapons.

Time to compare Mordhau combat to other melee combat games, Yea Forums.

Warband: youtu.be/z-oU2HozWEs?t=272

Jedi Knight Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=FwzIaWk9zHA

Chivalry: youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA

Mordhau: youtube.com/watch?v=997rmYqH2q4

Your thoughts?

Attached: 1558180168456.png (350x486, 307K)

Because at that point the weapon just becomes a fucking skin. It starts to lose its characteristics and it dilutes the choices you have to make when you choose a weapon in the first place. No, the Longsword shouldn't have a million styles. That is fucking retarded from a gameplay perspective.

JK's unmodded lightsaber pvp combat is garbage: playing footsies until one guy gets too close and you waggle him to death.

>No, the Longsword shouldn't have a million styles.
Yes it should.

It shouldn't, and it wont. :)

>Yes it should.
Too bad honestly, if you don't realize why your idea is retarded the developers sure do.

Attached: zwell-theres-your-problem-28652819.png (500x524, 145K)

Funny how the guys behind him just stand watching and doesn't attack.

>laughs at the end
Perfect.

FUCK HORSENIGGERS

>how the fuck are waifus reddit?
Calling all cute girls in videogames "waifus" is as reddit as you can get. The original use of waifu basically meant you fell in love with one single character for ever and ever. "this game needs more waifus" is an ironic weeb phrase. Reddit is where ironic weebs hang out.

You can see them missing stab attempts at him from behind because he's moving a/d

If anything, Mordhau has taught me that it's actually possible for the main character to fend off 5+ attackers at once, and that people will literally just stand there while it happens.

>normies
normalfaggot detected

longsword is one of the few weapons that don't feel bad to get killed by, it's not embarassing to die from it but it doesn't feel like a nigger weapon either

>hanging around with 3/3/3 bloodlust troll build with regular axe
>spear nigger thinks he's the boss of my gym
>bonk him in the face, he backs up
>chuck my axe straight into his stupid face, he doesn't even block because no one tosses weapons anymore and I guess he thought I was swinging
>get free spear

Define "Nigger Weapon". I'm interested.

What kills the horse here? Is it that arrow or was that already there? I didn't think you took horse damage from crashing your horse into objects

Moving is the most important thing in 1vX situations. You can see multiple people doing stabs and overheads that whiff because he is constantly moving. Also being aggressive because if you try to play defensively you just die.

The guy swung his axe, but because he hit the barricade his horse reared up and he hit his own horse in the back of the head.

Not fucking archers. Why is it that people who pick the long range weapons are always the worst? What about range appeals to the shitter mindset?

Attached: 1449201826073.png (572x674, 616K)

Ahh, well spotted.

Attached: punknown.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

It shits all over pigbrained "skilled" players who just want to feint their way to a high KD. Also, you can parry bolts, git gud.

Attached: 1540818746309.jpg (3167x2375, 1.29M)

Pussy weapons for cowards.

spear, chucked

I do this all the time. It’s an advantage because idiots will inevitably hit teammates and you can finish off and get full health back and pick them off one by one. The worst enemy is stamina really.

Git gud at what? Watching 3 archers on our last point hurp their way to the bottom of the scoreboard? Are they playing 5d chess with big galaxy brains? Fucking peabrain archers.

They treat it like it’s an fps. It’s more of an issue when they’re surrounded by teammates who hack relentlessly at you when you pursue the archers.

>lutebot niggers tears when you kill them
feels good man

Fuck off, waifufagging will ruin the game. Along with the fucking grug twitch rdm meme. Grug isnt funny. If you have or have ever made a grug knight, unironically kill yourself. You along with twitch streamers are cancer.

Hear hear. Archers are absolute queers.

>Oi where's your maul at bruv? left it at camp or summat?
What do?

Attached: 629760_20190526004152_1.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

Nothing needs to be nerfed. Everything l has a counter if you aren’t shitty. They need more maps above all else and balancing there.

>10 damage
>10 damage
>10 damage
>10 damage

Attached: 1531446320573.gif (400x225, 208K)

Dunno. I feel Taiga spawns need reworking, and kick needs to be faster. Otherwise, everything else is fairly balanced considering 10 people mad this game.

Rapier is incredibly easy to counter because it's a onetrick pony. Why don't you get at LEAST a month of experience with the game before deciding you're an expert on balance?

If you aren't a shitter, you can fuck up a frontline game on horseback and never get touched while making metafaggots seeth.

Attached: 1536543584517.jpg (4103x2753, 2.33M)

If i hear you playing running in the 90s, GoT theme, or any nintendo song on the lute, expect me to teamkill you. Game of thrones knights are kill on sight, friendly or enemy.

>waifu-fagging will ruin the game
Got bad news for you, kid.

Attached: 20190527000905_1.jpg (1600x900, 143K)

I love them. They're easy to kill and they drop nice projectiles you can pick up and hurl at their teammates.

Idk if youre trying to imply that your pic related is female, but its not.

>and kick needs to be faster
Kick is already very strong right up to the highest level of play youtube.com/watch?v=997rmYqH2q4

keep in mind that video was BEFORE they buffed kick to have a wider hitbox, too. In the current game, kick is stronger than in that video.
Alpha players have told me kick was stronger in the alpha and as a result every fight degenerated into just kick wars. Which is why it was nerfed to its beta/release form. And even then, it's a good tool for skilled players.
Think about it, it can completely bypass sword attacks and gives good hitstun, its only real weakness is its range.
You've really just got to learn to use it. It's not meant to be a free "press F and win" button; it requires use of good footwork and actually aiming the kick if you want to get that ministun and bypass the enemy block.

Attached: mordhau oc.jpg (500x672, 109K)

>Axe Armor is male
Got even more bad news for you, kid.

Attached: armor_old_axe.jpg (175x306, 29K)

>you can fuck up a frontline game on horseback
Did you mean to say "be a huge waste of a horse plinking people and having to return for ammo every 5 minutes, while you could be oneshotting people endlessly with longswords on the same horse instead"?

I love people who bitch about horses like they’re hard to ruin. Billhook and I take out like 6 idiots a game on it.

>that waist
>those hips
>that chest
you sure?

Not him but yes, the character in that picture is literally not female. If you take the helmet off, there's a dude underneath.
Go dilate somewhere else.

this game would be immensely better if they got rid of catapults and horses. also nerf bloodlust by half

>if you aren't a shitter
Did you forget to read that? Go back and read that real quick hon, thanks.

what’s with the colossal numbers of retards advertising their twitch? I’ve played 80 hours and met one dude that was legit good, the rest are horsefags or off the scoreboard entirely.

I had fun with JKA but I always hate that kind of retarded anime saberfighting. I prefer the slow way of the original trilogy.
Warband's way of blocking is a fantastic way to require skill with a two hander, but the retarded twitching is obnoxious as hell looking, it's very Chivalry-esque. I'm going to be so mad of these MLG niggers fuck up the regular multiplayer. When I Played warband multi 2010-2013 I didn't encounter them.
Chivalry is just garbage. The worst.
Mordhau's MLG pro types do some disgusting looking shit too. Twitchy look-at-the-feed-to-accellerate, helter-skelter jerking about. I know from experience outside of duel servers most don't do that, or as obnoxiously, so right now Mordhau's had the best melee mechanics.

I think my dream would be Mount and Blade with morphing, chambering and riposting from Mordhau and some of Mordhau's restrictions on turning, possibly extended to restrict how fast you can turn and move in your normal state (So your character is more arma and real life, less Gordon Freeman) and not just when swinging a weapon to get rid of the retarded twitching. Have a sweet spot mechanic so accelerating/deceleration is prioritizing hitting the opponent over damage. Damage rather than hitting you at all causes a flinch, thus getting hit with a maul or greatsword flinches you but someone trying to dagger or rapier you doesn't unless it's a meaty hit on an unprotected part of the body.

Mordhau > M&B > JKA > > > > > > > > > Chivalry. Funnily enough Dark souls and similar "strong/

>getting a triple kill with one maul swing
satisfying as fuck

Attached: jacko3rdframe.gif (800x447, 1.37M)

>i'll try feint spamming, that's a good trick!

Then prove it. Pics or it didn't happen. Post the scoreboards of you at equal or higher kills than the enemy player while you're on horseback wielding a bow, theorycrafter.

>dox myself
Nah son, just git gud.

IRL I can see it happening because you don't want to halve your friend through his torso and kill him trying to MURDER STRIKE a 'badguy'

Obviously if people aren't stupid about it and less kill hungry they'll stand back and wait for an opening to hit you, but sometimes these situations happen were you just run between people as they hit eachother.. it's great.

>easily censored steam name is "doxxing"
Haha, now we know you're lying, theorycrafter.

About an hour or so ago I was in a game with my light-armor Maul boi and sweet fuck I think I got 10 head-splosions before someone killed me, and it was pretty close together, like 20 seconds. So fucking satisfying.

saw one fucker on a horse get like 40 kills just by riding around with a a lance
the sheer ease of use alone makes it far better than this game's shitty inconsistent bows

>tfw getting two kills in one fist swing

I love when you can use bashing weapons and kill multiple people in one blow. So satisfying.

Attached: Double Fist.webm (888x500, 2.98M)

spear
throwing spears

i cant get into fist. i was fucking around on my klan mage with brawler. like half the time i'm trying to swing but feels like its got a huge wind up or nothing comes out at all.

also you need really good footwork because just a simple riposte and you're fucking donezo

Exactly.
2h swords or halberds are the most efficient way of getting oneshots on horseback (can't be gimped like couching can), couching lances is the easiest way of getting kills on horseback reliably, and exclusively playing any throwing weapon or ranged weapon on horseback is a huge waste of your time because of ammo limitations and the luck factor of projectile travel time. A good thing too, if horse archery was actually viable it'd be annoying as hell.

Attached: mordhau grail.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

Something that is incredibly important for fists that I only recently learned is sprinting. You gotta sprint in combat, especially sprinting away from people as they swing and then running in while accelerating a punch. I have a few videos of me abusing that and it works pretty well, but I got to make WebMs out of them.

I am by no means a fist expert, just a humble beginning pugilist. Right now I am having fun running a build with 3 throwing weapons + brawler (and some armor).

Attached: f6e-UIrcWvy7j.jpg (640x480, 54K)

I don't understand the purpose, or, for that matter, the mechanics of Rush.
Does it only activate if you're moving forward when killing an enemy?

WE DID IT REDDIT!

I definitely would accept that. I'd love to see mother fuckers with one arm running around, or people with one leg hopping about the battlefield.

HELP IM BEING OPPRESSED

It's not that they're hard to kill, it's just that they're yet another distraction from infantry combat. Much like archers, I dislike having to take time out of my day to go kill them. Also they spawnkill a lot which people definitely don't like.

i run around with x2 med bags and a firebomb now. at least i can make up for the fact i will eat shit a lot, that i'm still acquiring points.
but getting shit on by spear/halberds/zweis makes it hard to enjoy just punching people

please do. always wanted to get good at fisting.

Well, stabs are pretty fucking cancerous. You can relatively consistently dodge swings by sprinting backwards as soon as they start swinging, and with the updates to the chase mechanic they can't really follow you, so you can turn back around and try to punch them as you run by.

However, with stabs all you can possibly do is MAYBE run dodge or sprint to the side, but really with stab-dragging in this game there is not much you can do. Stabs make fists a lot less fun.

The perk is fine as it is.

One reason I love the long spear. Any fag who thinks he has fancy footwork usually cops a wild slash to the arm. With a spear you can just give him a beeline poke to the nuts.

>is MAYBE run dodge or sprint to the side, but really with stab-dragging in this game there is not much you can do
Not if you're predictable, if you're unpredictable you can turn into their attack and then turn back to avoid the stab. I do it a lot

Take polearms. I have 'stolen' so many kills sniping into a melee that way.

It's fascinating to see the kinds of hacks they already have available for this game. This dude definitely had some sort of parry hack as well, because he constantly was doing 180 degree turns to block.

Attached: hacks.webm (888x500, 3M)

any niggers who vote for taiga should be automatically placed on the blue team

>The rapier is awful as long as you are decent
This is true, though

this is a bug right? R doesn't switch to any other mode that it says the sledgehammer has

Attached: 20190526224751_1.jpg (1600x900, 144K)

anyone else getting packet loss bad tonight?

high dpi

>go for killing swing
>teammate runs up from behind you and eats your right to left swing
>get poked and die
fucking hell. i'm about to take off friendly so i can just straight up murder the fucking teammate and continue my swing

Horses are the only thing on that list that need nerfing (their stumble hitbox) and only slightly.

Attached: kniggaroll.png (1268x2682, 950K)

Friendly is a crutch. Teammates are meant to be cleaved through.

Looks like high sens to me, you can see the mouse shaking from stab spamming

>loses score, loses game, loses xp, loses gold, gets swung in the back of the head by an ally while fighting someone and doesn't have the damage reduction to protect him
No thanks, I'll stick with Friendly. People who run swinging weapons and don't run Friendly are uncivilized niggers.

Here is just one quick example to show off a few things. Jumping and crouching are useful for throwing off your opponents swings, but it also shows to not do it too much (I ducked his first swing, but got hit the second time because he angled it). It also shows sprinting to dodge a thrust and to close distance. Again though, I am not an expert and not the best, but I am learning because it is really fun when you do get to have a proper fight.

Also I was the one who ended up killing him, that other dude swung and just hit me.

Attached: Fisting.webm (888x500, 2.96M)

>he thinks turning around modestly quickly is fucking hacks
are you new to games with first person perspectives?

Rolly

What are your thoughts on armor with a pugilist build? How much would you run?

Attached: minimac.png (466x906, 595K)

>tossed my weapon into some dude's face
>rapier fag rushes me
>throw jabs into his face
>he goes down, teabag
>K O
>YOU WIN
>votekick passes
Votekicks are starting to get passed more often, I've noticed.

You need armor. You WILL get it, and you don't want to just get one shot. While it isn't really viable to do a 3/3/3 fist fighter because you need speed to get in and out (because of no parrying/riposting) you should probably try to at least be 1/1/1, maybe 2/1/1 if possible. Most of the perks in the game are useless, shit like crouch moving faster or cat are pointless.

2/1/1 sounds reasonable

>amon amarth
Boy I remember being literally 15 years old.

never seen this happen before in a game

Attached: lol.jpg (2541x1345, 1.05M)

zweihander is easy to overcome desu its so slow

And here is one more, though not much skill involved it is some fun group fisting. Who doesn't love group fisting? Too bad my fucking ally had to kill me at the end of it. Sometimes I wish they would just not swing.

Attached: Fist Group.webm (888x500, 2.99M)

based retard, he feints twice in the clip

Pupils of the Way of the Fist I see, good luck on the path lads.

Attached: 1540942479714.jpg (1024x614, 81K)

This. While I think it's pretty faggy that every other person is using one, I've never actually died to one where I felt like it was the weapons fault and not me fucking up.

guy sure is doing amateur hour tier parries for having parry hacks with a rapier.

Attached: 075.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

rollin'

alt-mode spear is the most dishonest, its basically arming sword speed with longsword damage and halberd reach. Even on swings.

>walk into group of people
>swing executioner sword
>receive 3 kills
easy game why even use any other weapon?

Maybe its lag, but I feel like the range on the weapon is fucky. There are many times when I die when I really feel like I am outside the range. I can see the tip of the sword plain as day, yet the slash still hits.
Aside from that though, it is a fine weapon. It feels a bit cheesy because of the damage, but it is really expensive and slow, so it's not too bad.

>clown knight
>no honk-honk

this game is already dead since devs implemented feints in a way where the whole gameplay becomes a gamblefest like it was in chiv.

when the meta becomes feint oriented the flow of the combat gets degraded and the fights become ''rock paper scissor'' which becomes stale really quick.

Its not lag, if you played chivalry before you would know that there are techniques which were used for swing manipulation to slow down or accelerate your attacks in the game.Slow weapons have more dragging potential that is why it looks strange when you get hit by it.Its the same with Mordhau you just need to watch carefully.

Range, not speed. As in I see the sword pass by me (you obviously can't see the tip of a sword if it is cutting off your head) but I still get hit. I know about accelerating/decelerating your swings, dragging stabs and all that. It is specifically the range of the weapon (compared to the model) that seems to either be messed up, or I am just lagging or something.

t. rapier shitter

Yeah he's cheating. Not sure what these other replies are on about.

Only in duel servers, which I find it hard to care about considering there isn't even a duel mode in the game. Dueling just isn't that fun to me anymore. I did a lot of it in Chivalry, and now I prefer the chaos of Front Line. Yeah it leads to some bullshit deaths of getting attacked from behind, but in duel servers literally 90% of the game is useless/not used, and I am not a fan.

wish they had jousting servers

its both actually

>the whole gameplay becomes a gamblefest like it was in chiv
Uh no, that's what the grunt is for. Feints aren't even used that much in high level duels compared to just trying to find an angle of attack. Watch youtube.com/watch?v=997rmYqH2q4

I want a jousting mode or a horse-only mode (preferably both). Though before that I really just want more maps for frontline and an attack/defense mode.

Try and find a server running Horsefield. It's a dev test map with just horses, trees and grass

>girugiru
you just proved my point

horse field map

>have thousands of hours on each game
>still constantly fall for the most easy to use game mechanic
yep feinting is a shit mechanic

Uh no?

roll in for black knigger

You need to be able to feint the throwing weapons. It is too easy to deflect the spear/throwing axes (and even the throwing knives).

Go try and feint gamble against any experienced player, see how far you get.

>Nerf weapon that has so little range that turning around and sprinting is a viable way to outrange it
Are you one of those people that doesn't understand target switching and gets hit by a maul ripsote?

Attached: 1557447002095.png (562x531, 465K)

A very slight buff in travel speed is what everything ranged in this game (except siege engines) needs.
I'm glad they erred on the side of making non melee shit, rather than overpowered, but now that the balance is established a small buff wouldn't go astray.

You think zwei in-game is bad, try actually swinging one irl. They actually aren't that heavy (only 2.5 kilos/5-6 pounds on average), and you can move one around pretty fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs&t=209s

>user, that says "montante"
Yes I know, but it's basically the Spanish/Portuguese version of the same sword. Only real difference between it and the German counterpart is that it's often just a little slimmer, and that only makes a difference of about a pound or so.

Attached: montante1.jpg (800x533, 54K)

>gang some guy up with 4 teammates
>be that guy who doesn't swing and instead parries every riposte

Attached: 1534347784474.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

>imagining the zwei with this kind of speed

Attached: EEUAUEAEGRGHGHEGHA.png (528x361, 277K)

I could see a massive buff in projectile speed with the crosshair removed.

>Massi-
All that's needed is a tweak. Mordhau's balance is surprisingly good.

>FEINTS
>GAMBLE
HOW TO SPOT A SHITTER
WE ALL KNEW PLEB FAGGOTS LIKE YOU WOULD BE GRIEFED OFF WITHIN A MONTH

rate my twink

Attached: 20190527024649_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

Massive is an overstatement on my part. But they really need to be careful with archers so they weren't the utter cancer they were in Chivalry

Looks a little bit shorter although I agree with your general point

Attached: main-qimg-da81099ffadecbd541b8d30fc624594e.png (602x1056, 1.17M)

Heavy and light crossbows when?

Renaissance two-handers varied a wee tad in length across all locales wherein they were found.

How tall is that guy, btw?

Attached: 42b100c15d5a403cccec89d44794477e.jpg (615x1000, 42K)

xbow is already pretty good (1shot T0/T1 head, 2shot T2/T3 head).
The only thing I really can see them doing with a heavy crossbow is making it oneshot higher armor tiers on a headshot, and oneshot lower armor tiers on a bodyshot, and that would be kind of gay.

No idea honestly, picked it up off google. This zwei is 7ft though, but obviously that's not standard, like you said it varies

Attached: wz.jpg (672x910, 54K)

betcha he plays with a controller

Mine was some Rapier boy at the battle of Grad.

I was pulled off of my horse by a Billhook, so I was on foot sloggin' through the mud. He came running at me, this dumb, dodging lad. Thinking he could end my killing spree with a single swing of his sword. I knocked him down with my maul, GODS I WAS STRONG THEN,. Caved in his protection 2 breastplate, probably shattered every rib he had.

Stood over him, maul in the air, right before I brought it down he shouted "Wait! Wait!"

They never tell you how they shit themselves, they don't put that part in the songs.

Attached: 1548429378892.png (600x800, 764K)

>still playing this fotm trash
lol

poast your weapon ideas
>Half Staff: 3 point version of the quarterstaff that swings slightly slower but is thicker with significantly more damage, and cloth bands on it to distinguish it from the quarterstaff. being 3 points gives more variety in that point category
>Main-Gauche parrying dagger: a parrying shield-type weapon. Identical to the buckler in every way except worse stamina management, and pressing M2 will do a dagger attack in conjunction with your main attack if you don't block anything

Attached: main gauche parrying dagger.jpg (1200x940, 59K)

That particular sumbitch is almost 8 ft and allegedly belonged to Pier Gerloffs Donia. I'll concede most of the stuff said about him is mere folklore, but If there's one thing I'm at least somewhat willing to believe, it's that he was a big motherfucker. Most other swords you see getting that big were used merely in parades (pic related), and were decked out with flammenschwert blades, fancy grip leather, super ornate quillons and hilts, etc, and were obviously not made for battle. That fact that this thing is so modest and plain in design however does tempt me to believe that maybe, just maybe, Pier may have actually used the fuckin' thing. And if not him, than quite possibly someone else. It looks far more utilitarian than most swords that big.

Attached: d5822e0b17a775e78e6932828bf22b16---in-philadelphia-museum-of-art.jpg (561x1280, 45K)

Attached: mordhau build.jpg (1920x1080, 791K)

>take out a medic bag to toss and go
>rapier fag outta left field makes me drop my bag
>in a panic manage to punch his fucking lights out instead of taking my weapon out
this games fun man

Sorry you have no friends. Better stick to dueling servers lmao

based

>everyone itt just naming shit weapons to gimp themselves
Fucking why? How is being at a disadvantage honest?

>longsword
>shit
how new? wait don't answer I already know

bomb, trap and medic bag for me. using all my deployables, then looking if there is any opportune target to hit with fists, before running back to the chest. Rinse, repeat. Usually gets okay-ish scoreboard placement. Like top 5 or top 10. You can't compete with complete killing machines, but every little bit counts. Packing reduced team damage and increased fist damage perks. My only gripe is that no allies bother to keep a lookout for even obvious traps. Maybe allied traps should have a glow border around them, so that people with obvious disabilities can have fun, too. Nice synergy of having the idiots stepping in treps going up to your medic bag afterwards, though.

You look like a fookin' ballsack.

do you remember growing up and enjoying life? probably not...

I didn't votekick for you!

Rolland.

>playing on super low pop (5 people) frontline server
>everyone is just kind of fucking around doing 1v1s
>one of the people is pretty fucking new to the game
>keep slaughtering him
>start to feel bad since i am probably frustrating him making him not want to play the game
>switch to peasant so maybe fights aren't so one sided
>still fucking destroy him with everything from a pan to my fists
Idk. Maybe i should have just gave him some kills

0/10 for naming creativity

Autobots rollout

>Faggots sneaking around your defenses
>sneak up behind you thinking they're slick
>eat the first hit and in a fit of surprise cave their fucking skull in with a blacksmith hammer
Top laughter every time.

Attached: 1393984083768.jpg (900x900, 190K)

longsword is the patrician's weapon

More wine, Your Grace?

Attached: 1557624326979.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

pitchfork

jesus christ dragging pokes is some broken shit

is it just me or are there only like 3 options for heavy legs?

it's literally the most realistic mechanic in the game

roll pls

ah yes the ye olde cuck shed

>spin 180 degrees after swining executioner's nigger sword
>get 2 kills
fucking kek

he looks like he sucks a mean dick, he can take my two-hander any day

The longsword is literally the definition of mediocre. Sure maybe shit is bit harsh but still. Outside of duels the longsword is mid tier at best

>year of our lord 2019
>not using friendly on FL builds

Attached: Marshal.png (554x550, 330K)

you trannies and your obsession with female armor is hilariously autistic

Best part about it going out in a blaze of glory

this

Rolan McDolan

>muh realism
fuck off nigger mordhau is far from being realistic in every way possible

>Bear symbol
>Bear trap
I don't know why but this made me chuckle

rolld

Mordhau-ing can shred armor as you can see in , you have good reach, you can deal with pretty much anything, and it leaves you with enough points for 3/3/3 and a 1 point item to boot, like bandages, backup dagger, or throwing knives (very underrated).

your obsession with trannies as well

>shit at pressing q
uhh

Wait, should say 2 points left after 3/3/3. So you could take any combo of 1 point perks+1 point items, or any 2 point perk, or a firebomb, rocks, throwing knives, blacksmith hammer, bear trap, medic bag, pavise, etc. Longsword gives you very versatile loadouts while still being a good weapon.

>run 2 medic bags and a greatsword
>queue frontline
>drop bags near teammates
>run into nearest fight
>chop down two people
>die
>get loads of healing points
>repeat
>top score every time

Hey Faggots,
My name is the Executioner, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day poking around with your fucking spears and zweihanders. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you even landed a headshot? I mean, I guess it's fun smacking peoples hands and ankles, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than humping the backline with a crossbow.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was top of the leaderboard the last game and tryhard in duel servers all day. What do you do, other than "jack off to oversized pointy objects"? I also get 5:1 KD's, and have a banging hot sword (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

Attached: 0wsN3rx[1].jpg (1032x1249, 105K)

Attached: 1554615539473.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

Make a group and start posting them in these threads. I bet you within a day you will have a pubstomp group going.

I think I've only encountered one or two others that use the battle axe other than myself.

What does Yea Forums think of it? I think people can't handle using a weapon that isn't easy to use. I know the secrets of my dear battle axe.

Oh boy let's play "find the hitbox on the bear trap"

>poke
Nope
>poke
Nada
>poke
I think you're getting warmer!
>poke
So close
>poke
Almost!
>poke
>guy comes up from behind you and clobbers you with a maul

Ooooooh better luck next time buckaroo!

Attached: beartrap.jpg (1232x901, 89K)

you got it right already

Sallet is the best looking helmet don't bother replying

do i buy this boyos
i have 650 hours in for honor, certainly different games but everybody was
>mordaUUUUUUUUUUUUHH GONNA KILL UR GAME

If it's light wieght then surely it can't inflict the amount of damage it inflicts in-game now can it ?

the spike end is a skin though
that wouldnt make sense on the standard head

The only actual opinion with value in this thread. Sick of people ruining good games because they cry to the devs that their game is "broken" when in reality they can't actually get good at the fucking game.

Kick doesn't need to be faster. If you're not completely bereft of senses you'll know how to time it, and the exciting part about kicking is taking the risk of doing it, which makes the impact even more rewarding.

Underrated.

I'll join from AU if it's American and close enough.

Attached: 1552908725758.jpg (1600x1400, 120K)

I made the same mistake until I tried experimenting. Swing, don't poke.

>Young voice has a "I'm a fooking legend" line when intimidating

Also
>Plain voice has "It's treason then" when spamming friendly

Attached: kDDoFjD.jpg (600x315, 21K)

rolling for this awful shite

Attached: 1546739604300.jpg (599x504, 21K)

Now THAT'S an epic gamer moment!

i did the exact same stuff for my maul knight, except the colors

The Maulers - 1. Crush Your Skull

one of my first games went 1-0 t b h
Gotta be rare tho

lmao its hilarious how bad people are in this game to the point where ya'll are calling hacks when someone knows how to parry.

Attached: 1553025940359.jpg (520x519, 76K)

tryhards ruined the game like always

is this actually true with any given reasons or are you just looking for an excuse to TORtanicpost because you don't find video games fun anymore?

well videogames are fun when you can play them
try hards make people unable to play them
having 1 guy on a server thats literally unkillable isnt fun

or you can not swing into people like a fucking mongoloid retard, if your surrounded by friendlies to the point where you cant get in a swing either stab or go fight someone else why the fuck are you wasting your time on someone that's already getting gangraped except to be a lasthitting shitter.

>well videogames are fun when you can play them
You can play them. What's the issue?
>having 1 guy on a server thats literally unkillable isnt fun
Kill other people or get good. Your post smells like shit bait.

IS THAT WHAT EMPTY MEANS
SO. GET. MORE.

>or you can not swing into people like a fucking mongoloid retard
The guy was talking about swinging through allies, you fucking newfag retard. Learn to use Yea Forums.
>gets hit by allied ballista in the back
GEE I SURE AM GLAD I DIDN'T TAKE FRIENDLY

longsword obviously, and not using it kinda makes you a fag

Rollerino

you sound like a butthurt tryhard
how about having fun with your games instead

i'm starting to hate most of these maps now besides gran.
fuck camp, fuck catapult, fuck the imbalanced pieces of garbage asymetrical TRASH

you suck at a videogame, i know its hard to deal with but you'll just have to get gud or play something easier.

Attached: 1539039014721.jpg (924x1018, 155K)

The half swording grips are what you use when you're in a cramped area and swinging with a regular grip will cause you to keep hitting walls, like half of grad and parts of taiga, or just when you've been forced close to a wall in general

Turning almost exactly 180 degrees to a full halt (not even like an examining look back) *whilst* the W key is held down is a fucking sure sign of some cheat. Don't act dumb.

>most honest weapon
Not entirely sure what exactly you mean, but the things in this game that are fucking annoying are
>weapons with high stab damage that can abuse drag stabbing (stabbing in once placed and quickly redirecting it since the game basically turns your weapon into a lightsaber for a brief period)
>weapons that are raw dmg output that encourage braindead swingspamming
>the long reach high dmg weapons that open the door for retarded chivalry-esque swing manipulation
so to that end, I'd say some of the most honest weapons are
>one handed axe + battleaxe
their stabs are useless, and the battleaxe loses some of the mouthbreathing quality of the waraxe for more reach.
>arming/short sword
one handed swords that require good footwork and facehugging, but the arming sword in particular is deceptively good and a great sidearm for archers
>mace/eveningstar
reliable 2hk weapons, but suffer in 1vX situations to to not cleaving through enemies as blunt weapons. The mace requires you to get close and hit with your slow swings, and the morningstar has range but is still slow
>billhook
listing it because fuck horsefags

oh and of course the longsword and greatsword, idk how I forgot about them

>go to frontline
>best defense is good offense
>clashing left and right dipping between enemies
>chambering on enemy to get a free hit on another
messer has the filthiest drags in the game

just crouch walk dingus

>but the things in this game that are fucking annoying are (everything that kills me)

people like you won't be happy until the entire game is just two unarmoured combatants on Contraband fighting with longswords, and the cliff is fenced off, and the longswords are wrapped in bubblewrap

I've read somewhere that the alt-mode allows you to swap between being able to combo and being able to cleave through people (no stopping on the first target like most blunt weapons)

bros how do i get good

drags and accels look retarded and ruin the aesthetic of the game, even if they do make gameplay deeper

drag stabbing is objectively broken and is why spears are so obnoxious, because you don't even have to aim your stabs and good players will intentionally miss to avoid your parry then drag for a headshot

the point about high dmg weapons is more a complaint about frontline, since most of my deaths in that mode are from some guy who beans my skull from behind with a maul while I'm fighting someone else

just saw some guy get 40 kills and zero deaths
hope these people get killed irl
absolute no fun

Extremely respectable if he's running in with a melee weapon (no shield) and doing that much work. If he's got those kills in any other way he's an ultrafaggot

Ay idea on how to make a good M2TW sergeant cosplay?

google.com/search?q=medieval 2 total war sergeant&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX38vQv7viAhVy6uAKHcTyDlEQ_AUIDigB&biw=1745&bih=852

the fuck is this garbage? roll baby

expect stab release times getting nerfed to nerf the dragging
the weapons like zwei dragging annoy me more because the swing manipulation is even more exaggerated, like for a drag the sword/halberd will be barely moving

i only saw him on horse but how he didnt die once is suspicious

It's still big and sharp, so yes it would still fuck you up.

looks like
>mail coif (t1 helmet)
>chainmal tabard (t2 chest)
Idk the legs but probably one of the t2 leg items based on their other equipment

If you play nothing but horse you can get free easy kills, they have perfect handling and retarded acceleration/deceleration. They need to be fixed.

anyone here in aus playing? last i played only 48 player servers were up

>drags and accels look retarded and ruin the aesthetic of the game
Neither of these is true, combat looks just fine and drags/accels mirror swings that would be possible, if sometimes physically taxing, in real life
>because you don't even have to aim your stabs
Uh you do, in the sense that you have to aim to where your opponent is in the late part of the swing? And what's more, you don't have to aim swings either, but I don't see you bitching about that. If you couldn't drag stab (something physically possible IRL, too) nobody would ever use stabs because people could just A/D to make them useless by the time the windup ends.

horsefags are borderline impossible to kill if no one goes billhook and dedicates themselves to removing them. The horses don't regen but what people do is ride them back to spawn when they get low on health and kill them to grab a fresh one at full health when it respawns. On horseback with the lance or a 2h spear (which can also be couched) they literally just ride around pressing f occasionally to instakill people who usually aren't even paying attention

even if you do go billhook and try to kill them, you still have to
>avoid the lance
>avoid the horse hitbox stunning you
>time your swing up and hit as they pass by

what a stupid fucking post, you clearly have no idea what is being discussed

are you really going to defend zwei/exec/maul swings basically freezing on drags and still dealing full damage? You don't even know what user is referring to by dragstabs, which occur when the thrust is done, the spear is at its furthest point, and gets DRAGGED somewhere else but still nonsensically deals full stab damage

youtube.com/watch?v=Gjwly2-Q6YY
why do people think every game is above being hacked?

I dress for fashion rather than protection desu, the average player in frontlines is actual garbage and bear traps are all common sense

Yep

>are you really going to defend zwei/exec/maul swings basically freezing on drags and still dealing full damage?
He's talking about the AESTHETICS of drags, not the balance, retard, so read his post before you butt in.
He's saying accels/drags "look stupid and ruin the aesthetic of the game", they don't and they would be physically possible IRL. The damage they do not necessarily so, but the motions are aesthetically fine.
>You don't even know what user is referring to by dragstabs, which occur when the thrust is done, the spear is at its furthest point, and gets DRAGGED somewhere else but still nonsensically deals full stab damage
I know fully well what he's talking about, what gives you any impression otherwise?? You're giving out a lot of "you don't know X" from a guy who has no idea what's under discussion.

ohh babi

I played a few matches as a brawler on my Charlie Bronson, spearfags and rapierfags started screeching in chat saying fists is degenerate OP broken bullshit and then figured out how to kick me

Attached: 1527717645939.jpg (479x673, 47K)

>the average player in frontlines is actual garbage and bear traps are all common sense
t. goes 1:1 kd even though he uses bear traps

Who are you talking to?

Attached: 1535618918809.gif (300x300, 438K)

who cares about kd
its all about fun

Just walk into it and you'll find out the hitbox has been 5 miles wide the whole time!

based

Attached: executive.png (756x826, 664K)

What if some people find getting good at a game the fun part?

>implying
not that user but my best kd games are always blue on grad, laying traps in common routes and being opportunistic w/ the bastard sword

>muh kd
Shitters like you that play deathmatch instead of capping points should be shot

>1 handed axe is honest
lmao the axe is fucking insane, I walk into groups just spinning and cleaving against 5+ guys and come out victorious constantly. It's retarded good coupled with a shield.

I use Longsword mostly, sometimes I'll switch to 2h Bastard Sword

Longsword is definitely the most balanced weapon in the game

then they are wrong

>lmao took 5 of you to kill me

Attached: 1312572522860.jpg (329x281, 10K)

tumblr might be more your speed champ

>play the game correctly AND DONT HAVE FUN

>coupled with a shield.
but then you are being dishonest

Battle axe short grip is top tier weapon. 2 hit kill, if you can get a headshot in. In Frontline it's extremley easy to get kills with it, as most people will fall for your first feint, giving you a free headshot. Second attack will also be a feint, and because they are down to 43 health, they will fall for it again due to mental pressure. It has good speed for counters, you can drag it like a madman in the middle of a crowd and watch heads fly. Weapon for people that mean business.

Attached: 1519003704826.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

but he is right, especially about stab dragging. getting hit AFTER the animation ends, from a spear, is dumb, you have to agree.

It's always some shieldfag that says that.

Whatever I'm using. Fuck anyone using hard counters to my weapon.

Gitting gud is fun, unless you're tumblr, champ.

Just press F, for god's sake it even combos into a stab.

>see level 53 player
>they're using a zweihander
>see level 48 player
>see any player higher than level 20
It's honestly pathetic. It's one thing to see the virgin helicopter madly swinging hoping that people walk into it.
It's another to see a high level player who is clearly competent feigning, morphing, dragging and acceling with a zwei. It's just so unnecessary. There are far more interesting and balanced weapons to use. Like how can you have that much time in the game and still draw fun from the easiest thing there is to do?

>tfw only use the Greatsword because it has a Claymore skin
I quite like the poleaxe too, nobody expects it to hurt so much when I flip the head and introduce it to their helmet

Attached: 1546248428217.png (786x583, 158K)

Best way to play is to spam shit. Rarely is doing a certain attack or maneuver based on the circumstances actually effective. What a shame.

One-handed axe is pretty fucking honest on my book.

shake

I'm really loving the estoc now but it needs a buff against armor or a plain dmg buff all around

If you play against literal retards maybe

I don't look for traps at all until I see there is a trapper. They're frequently just out in the open. Looking for them implies checking corners and concealed places. I've died to one maybe 5 times and I'm level 30. It's honestly just not that frequently used.
>best placed trap ever died to was on Camp
>placed top of stairs of a walled-off tower in the blue base
>possibly would have seen it but was getting pressured by spawning players
>trying to quickly throw a spear through the engi's head inside
>respawn as firepotter and incinerate his shit
>spawn as archer-killer again and sneak back into base
>see the same guy prepping a different tower
>even witness him put a bear trap on the stairs
>have the rat perk
>silently slip past the bear trap
>huck the spear through his head
>CC2
>WHAT HAPPENED?

any requests to see other kniggers?

Attached: Hunter-Killer.jpg (2560x1440, 978K)

ay

Post fab Kniggers , slowly working my way to a full gothic set

Attached: 20190527002952_1.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

So, are they ever fixing the Zwei hitting far outside its model?

Everything hits far outside their model.

i think its a tick issue

>Im mad at somebody for playing a certain way.
What are you ? 12 ? Crying at noobtubers on mw2 and autosnipers on cs ? You can shit on any player with your bare hands in this game. It is far more balanced than most of the crap that is available.
I dont mind facing zwei rapiers spears and all this stuff because i know that most of the time these people don't try to understand the game they simply play to their weapons strenghs. Once you realize that footsies, timing and pressure are what decides most of the fights you don't even pay attention to the weapons anymore.
I can tell in the very first seconds of an encounter if i'm going to 2shot a fool or if im facing gengis khan.

cringe

They're annoying but spin2win guys are usually easy to counter, they might get all your dumb allies but they're done for the moment you block one of their attacks.

Someone posted a webm not long ago in one of these threads showing that the zwei hitreg is fine, display its hitbox tracing with a console command. The thung is that zweihanders are indeed fuckhueg swords as they should be. If anyone has the webm feel free to post it.

No. One of the things they nailed in this game was combat, they made damage registration very accurate at the cost of realism (see rapiers against armor)

Attached: 1556245023719.jpg (602x916, 127K)

It's a case of "the best you can do" in a client-server connection.
The enemy model you see charging at you is a number of milliseconds closer than they appear, based on ping (similarly, someone running away from you is in fact slightly further away, making you whiff with those small weapons even when your model is colliding with him), and there is absolutely nothing any magic game networking code can do about it.

No user they should just hit the button that makes the game coded better!!!

My 6 million IQ opinion is that they need to increase the weapon's stamina "miss cost" to something like 18 or 20. It currently costs 12, which is fucking absurdly low. That allows some helicopter noob to swing 9 times and slay AIR until they can't swing for a few seconds.
That's fucking absurd. In that timespan they need only to land a few hits or get a kill and they're doing just fine on stam.

The problem is all those panicking noobs trying to swing on the guy. Most of the time I can't even catch the helicopter because they're flying back and forth (lunging is kindof retarded and is just as fast as sprinting). Meanwhile, all the scrubs trying to CHASE+SWING are body blocking me as I try to get in position to block+stab.

I'd prefer a slight swing speed nerf considering the weapon is S-tier right now for duels too, and a stam nerf for missing wouldn't hurt it much there

Every time I chuck a spear directly between somebody's eyes, it makes me feel like a real authentic spearchucking jigaboo.

I just bought this game, what should I expect or be ready for?

Attached: Steam_2019-05-27_09-09-13.png (731x127, 98K)

>Longbow Virgins Vs Throwing Spear Chads

Imagine needing the assistance of a bow string to accelerate a small piece of wood because you're a fucking weakling, real kniggas use the power of their fucking triceps to nail somebody square in the fucking head from 40 yards away before charging into the gank with a sword

Attached: Brad Lightningpenis.jpg (1080x1211, 89K)

a decently good time if you have a good attitude about getting your nuts chopped off every few minutes

Lord Stark.

Attached: DAYNE.png (694x927, 640K)

game of thrones is shit
go back to tumblr

>yfw you're by yourself crossing the fallen trees on taiga and hear highest pitched foppish laugh from behind the rocks
>...and it's a guy in a landsknecht hat with only fists

Attached: 1515285661447.gif (288x377, 1.83M)

Armor is for faggots. The true path is no shirt, no hat, only pants on. No armor, just basic pants. Gloves are okay.
Honestly just replace any armor with the flesh wound perk. As a punchy man your whole deal is to try and get the first hit and put them on the defensive, you really shouldn't be getting hit unless you make a mistake or they out play you, and at that point flesh wound gives you the chance to still win the fight even if you get stabbed too hard.
There's nothing more satisfying than bashing two people to death with your stump of an arm just before you die for real.

>go back to [website I don't like]

Literally have secks

Attached: 1483628717421.gif (349x555, 360K)

Play the tutorial through once, then go back and play the swordfighting part of it again so that the things you learn sink in. As for stuff the tutorial doesn't tell you:

Friendly fire is a thing in this game in almost every server as a balance factor, so careful around allies.

There are three damage regions: head, body, and legs. You'll do more damage if you hit the head, or if you hit unarmoured body parts. If you come up against a guy with a helmet and plate, but no/light leg armor, it might be a good idea to go for the legs, for example.

If you want to just 1v1, go to the server browser, set gamemode type to "deathmatch", and look for servers with duel in the name. In those servers you can press X+1 to indicate to people you want to fight them 1v1. If they crouch a lot, it means they don't want to fight yet.

Armor literally only exists so you can fuck up less, playing with no armor forces you to git gud

Agreed but only on a full heal from a medic bag, not through normal health restoration, and with some injury restrictions to make it an infrequent occurrence.

>charging in with a sword
Excuse me, after I chuck all 3 of my spears I am left with only my bare knuckles with which to beat the other team to death.
Swords are for losers.

playing with no armor = die more often = spend less time alive and fighting = spend less time actively gitting gud

additionally, when you want to win, you WILL use armor, and armor's footwork is different to non armor. so practicing with no armor makes you unused to the footwork you will have in armor.

Is there any better feeling than killing someone with a blunt weapon thrust?

Attached: Maul Chad enters the gank.webm (1280x720, 1.16M)

>playing with no armor = die more often

Initially yes, but once you start playing smart instead of retarded because you've got 2, maybe 3 free hits of protection you will top leaderboards

As if the developers don't have enough shit to do already without fucking around with features that work perfectly fine. We still need mod tools, matchmaking, map balancing, new maps, bugfixes, horde mode improvements to stop it being such a cheesefest, new gamemodes, did I mention mod tools, and MOD TOOLS
Don't fix what isn't broken.

>You will magically stop dying
No. Even with months of time to improve, you will still get oneshot much more often with armor on than without. And not just from melee attacks, random projectile shit flying at you out of nowhere outside your FoV or friendly fire unga bunga swings, too.

It's such a fuckhuge heavy thing to be swinging. 7 pounds (full-size zwei like in game) is a fucking lot, and much of weight is very far from your body.
This 'maul' made my Cold Steel is only 2.2 lbs.
coldsteel.com/war-hammer.html
Yet the maul in game only costs 13 stam to miss with. It would weigh perhaps 3-4 lbs. The weight is kept much closer to the body, and it can't combo, so a miss is very punishing.

I hope they make some balance changes in this vein. I might start posting about it and trying to get the devs to do it.
The other main problem is that weapons don't have dead zones. Swapping grip forms should be much faster, and a requirement to operate a weapon in certain situations. No doubt, switching to half-swording indoors has been very effective. At the very least, some of these weapons should do severely reduced damage when "landing a hit" with a stab or swing at very close range. Furthermore, there could be variable damage throughout the length of a blade, since further out would have more inertia. However, this might be difficult to model and might frustrate players who are used to "calculating" # hits required.

>t. can't duck and matrix

Attached: arc.jpg (203x186, 8K)

Whomst are you quoting?

>Magically

I literally just explained that the better you get, the less you will die. Do you think that isn't true?

Attached: 1475216899831.png (811x561, 580K)

Just put beartraps and firebombs on your own people and nicely supply them with medical aid.

posting greatsword knigga

Attached: Capture.jpg (712x880, 73K)

>still no 1 hit kill mode

Attached: 437268772878347.png (373x373, 316K)

Top reply. Thanks for the recommend on the handle. Haven't used the short handle since the start of my playing. I quickly swapped from the Ergonomic to the long shaft just because I thought it was appearance-based but thinking back I do recall someone saying appearances alter performance.

>I hope they make some balance changes in this vein. I might start posting about it and trying to get the devs to do it.
Don't make balance suggestions from a realism perspective if you want them to take you seriously.
They already have enough well-worded pseudointellectuals crowding around telling them the game's balance should be realistic in ways that would compromise the fun, and they're all being ignored.
>At the very least, some of these weapons should do severely reduced damage when "landing a hit" with a stab or swing at very close range. Furthermore, there could be variable damage throughout the length of a blade, since further out would have more inertia
Suggestions just like that. I've actually seen them shut down that same suggestion like 3 times now. They said they tested momentum based combat and dropped it because (a) it reduces the amount of viable weapon swings you can make when if you have to swing in a certain way to do good damage, and (b) if implemented now, it would fuck the balancing of the whole game and require everything to be redone.

>I literally just explained that the better you get, the less you will die.
Exact same thing goes for armor.

from a duelfag, duels are people spamming overheads with the wonky animations

>red gets their shit pushed in on mountain peak
>suspiciously large amount of votes for taiga pop up

Attached: 1528491225486.png (480x452, 222K)

mountain peak is blue wins lol, every other map is red win. I've only ever lost on Taiga as red once across countless games. I exclusively play red as blue is a pretty gay colour

>tfw you've seen a cheater that had his parry stance spammed 10 times in a span of 2-3 seconds

>mountain peak is blue wins lol, every other map is red win.
None of this is true. I used to think mountain peak was a free win for blue, but then saw about 5 blue losses in a row on it. People just had to learn how to play it. Blue loses a lot more often now.
Grad and Camp are well balanced, red or blue win either way on both of those all the time.

The only one that's a free win is Taiga.

>0:08, in the middle
Damn, poor bastard.

Mountain peak is extremely blue favored. Blue gets far, far better spawns on all their points and it's extremely easy to hold red inside their own fort if you manage to cap red's point. The only thing red has an advantage in on that map is that burning the tents is a little bit easier than pushing the cart.

>see a shield on the floor
>pick it up, thinking i might need it later
>teammate starts attacking me for no reason, call him autistic and he kills me
>"u stole my shield, ddiout"
>both sides call him a retard for using a shield and getting upset over it

Amendment to that idea:
Flesh Wound should be extended for an extra five seconds for each kill earned during your dying phase. You will die, but your last stand goes as long as you blaze gloriously.