Game setting has it's own version of the European clergy

>game setting has it's own version of the European clergy
>you have to kill the pope in a boss fight

Attached: 193498439.png (1366x768, 1.08M)

this anime started out so good. But holy shit, five episodes in and the cracks were just appearing everywhere. The animation is less than shit, the micro narratives are boring as fuck, and holy mother of god the pope being a super evil conniver was just the most passe thing I've ever seen in an anime. It's like Shield Hero is still stuck in the 90s, back when JRPGs featuring religious villains was still considered kind of interesting.

Attached: Untitled2.png (1153x638, 1.18M)

>this anime started out so good.
No, you were tricked into thinking it was good because of the manufactured controversy from anitubers and games journalist seething. Crunchyroll played the internet like a god damn fiddle. Just like Goblin Slayer.

false, i read the manga way before any controversy and it's the same, the beginning is decent, but ofc its isekai it has to be shit later

You must have played so many jrpgs in the 90s that feature religious villains.

I can't remember one.

I think that's what he means, back in the 90s there weren't alot like that.

its a good anime but it doesnt make sense till very late on the series

>its a good anime
you have a shit taste. it's easily the worst series of the season.

Show is good but I agree the animation sucks.

On the contrary I also read the manga and the hate Naofumi had did never click on me since I expect that behaviour for something worse still I liked the parts with Raphtalia. I didn't like the chocobo that much but I think when the princess joined I started to dislike it more.

The "daily catholicuckz seething at jrpgs thread"

Attached: C9L9wkEUAAAsCHA.jpg (396x379, 22K)

it's also the backwoods hicks who have only religion to cling to that brings them as close as they will ever get a semblance of culture
and also the pathetic fags who larp as paladins because muh crusades are le cool

this series is terrible

>Show is good
except it's not, retard/

literally the entire SMT series

I like how religion is handled in Dragon Quest

Japan have a strange view on Religion.

Attached: Alien Shinto.png (1260x879, 303K)

>muh crusades are le cool
The crusades weren't even a catholic venture. They were excommunicated extremists and heretics that ejacualted to statue of baphomet. They were not catholic, they were barely christian.

not all crusades were the same, but some were definitely like that.

>evil group of backwards, racist luddites
>really a cult where the leaders use their ignorant followers to live lives of luxury
>team up with the pope to stop them
>said group they are racist towards kill them
>pope now helps you on your quest to stop those killers

MGQ:P had some weird plot swerves.

The pope isn’t anywhere close to the final boss though. He’s just some asshole.