Why did it flop? Guess movie goers don’t have the same pallet for garbage like Video gamers

Why did it flop? Guess movie goers don’t have the same pallet for garbage like Video gamers

Attached: 31C0C068-A22E-4C98-A432-DBDBC181320F.jpg (750x296, 57K)

>pallet
Pokechild identified, quarantine thread

Just got back from Japan and it was marketed pretty heavily over there, lots of merch for grabs buy nobody wanted it.
I think they were banking on a big Japan/American box office

>Banked for Japanese market
>Black guy as protagonist
They can't be this stupid.

>Domestic already nearly made up the budget.
Hell be fine

>pallet
End yourself.

The black kid wasn't on any of the promotional material, it was almost all pikachu and cute detective accessories.

not like it matters me and my friends loved and laughed a great movie and the concept designer is fantastic. plus they already announced a sequel

Attached: 2.jpg (1194x85, 46K)

Literally no one wanted this movie

>domestic
Okay, now post the international numbers

Yes it does we are a collective society
Everyone gushed about live action Pokémon but nerds don’t matter

Irrelevant. No money is made on international sales

China has been deciding what movies succeed and which flop for the decade you lying dipshit

Black protag.
I don't mean that in a /pol/ way but Asians don't like black protags, the Chinese are especially racist and will avoid a film because of it.
Shame really he was actually pretty good and the film was pretty good overall.
It wasn't anything ground breaking but I enjoyed it.

Literally looking up detective pikachu gives you the budget and how much it made.
Kill yourself you absolute fucking useless shitposting loser.

Attached: Screenshot_20190526-150139_Firefox_1.jpg (357x1299, 116K)

Uhhhh

Attached: Screenshot_20190526-160201~2.png (809x283, 40K)

10% of that 200 mil is being put in pockets sorry not sorry

The movie was terrible. You must be an extreme manchild

Ok. That's still nearly 100 million more than Domestic. Basically double still.

Calm down sweetie your gonna pop a hemorrhoid

It's a mediocre movie held up by amazing attention to detail and fanservice.

Wrong 10% of 200 mil is 20 mil. Plus all the translation expenses

I guarantee that if the protagonist were white it would've made more money. My kids can't fucking identify with a black protagonist. What the fuck were they thinking.

No one cares what you think /pol/

>sorry not sorry
I've always hated this faggy term.
Confirmed OP is a nu-gen faggot shitposter who is now easy to ignore and let the thread die.

Attached: IMG_20190408_194616.jpg (749x730, 51K)

because pokemon is dead and only 30 year old neets still give a shit about it

>What is personality
>What is experience

It's honestly a bit boring.

Even my two pokemon fan friends said it was at best okay.

Yes. Which is still over 100 million more than Domestic and nearly double it still

What a pathetic number. Can't even get to 400 million after 3 fucking weeks. Aladdin is going to beat this film in 2 days.

I identify with the Pikachu and pretty sure I am not a yellow rat.

>OP cherry picking again just to shitpost.
>OP is a fag

what else is new?

Lmfao imagine trying to prove you arent wrong this hard.

>international doesn't matter!!!
>t-t-translating expenses!!!

Fucking moron

>.025 Mousebucks™ have been deposited to your account

Pokemon is all about pokemon battles and any attemp at doing anything different will fail colossally. That's why.

>Nu-Tim is a socially awkward and somewhat depressed teenager who has a bad relationship with pokemon because his Father left to be a pokemon scientist. So he likely blamed them for why things are the way they are now.
>He also lost his mother and was basically an orphan at the time.

Nu-Tim had a rough childhood.

Attached: 1456541922_tumblr_static_tumblr_static_6f37kghn4i880k80og0884o88_640.gif (640x359, 1.28M)

Imagine being so dense and unfeeling that you can't relate to a fictional character if they don't have the same skin color.

I see they tried the China strategy

Attached: asdfasdfasdfasdfsdafsadfsdaf.jpg (560x800, 580K)

There’s nothing wrong with being on the winning team. I think Will Smith’s blue smurf movie is going to be terrible but I hope it success for shitposting purposes. Also they are called Disneybux

it felt a little too generic of a plot to keep me interested, the only real enjoyment i got from it was an occasional joke and just seeing the pokemon reimagined
the obvious as fuck twists didn't help either

The whole "Pokemon and People merging" was a twist I didn't expect though.

OY VEY IT'S ANOTHER PIKASHOAH

Nigger protag , not ash s story , furry pokemons , american movie etc was dead on the water

The Japanese didn't want a black protagonist.

America only really thought the trailer was cute and really didn't want to see the movie itself.

>The Japanese didn't want a black protagonist.
Source: your ass.

You Japanese Twitter. Most Japanese weren't happy about a black MC in a Japanese Pokemon movie.

>A very small majority of people questioning a business choice = "JAPANESE ARE RACISTTTTT"

Fucking christ get your head out of your ass /pol/.

that much i didn't see coming, but i did expect them to do something with the DNA research at least. the whole "the villain was the dude you were helping all along, the bad thing you saw was good!" shit was just so annoying to see yet again though, it happens way too much

I literally didn't even notice or care that the protag was not white. Why can't you identify with characters who don't share your skin color, user?

There are videos of japanes people fleeing in fear when they see black guys because they associate all black people with murder and rape.

>Japan 5/3/19 $17,859,144

Wow.

So counting marketing, this barely broke even.

I'm going to go see it tonight.

Asians are extremely racist.
t. asian

I've spent years in Japan. No matter how well you learn their language or culture, you will always be a filthy gaijin in their eyes.

i kind of liked it. the soundtrack and background had a lot of easter eggs.

Give me fucking evidence then. Don't say shit you don't know without proof.

put a black guy on a japanese game where he shouldnt be. japanese aren't racist, they're just not delusional like americans

Fuck off stupid tranny don't tell him to calm down when he's correcting a retarded shitposter.

Detective Pikachu did decently well in Japan, better than most foreign films. It's not that Japan dislikes black people, it's that Japan dislike foreign films in general. It was literally the only country in the entire planet where Avengers Endgame didn't open at #1, it was beat by a Detective Conan movie. Stop projecting your own beliefs onto to an entire group of people. You would know this if you followed any box office trends.

Oh forgot to say the only exception to this are Disney films, Japan fucking loves animated Disney films, Frozen did amazing there.

Based and Redpilled

Cringe, Bluepilled, and Banned

If anything this proves furthermore that the movie wasn't a flop.

I heard it was shit the day it came out so I didn't see it.
Thanks, Critics.

Attached: nipples.jpg (184x184, 7K)

They should have released a Red and Blue version, so real pokefans would have to go see it twice to get the whole experience.

I'm a living proof.