So which version is the best?

So which version is the best?

Attached: 1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ckiFCQXJ4ZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PC version, as always.

PC

Attached: Sonic_R (1).jpg (220x344, 33K)

Probably PC, but I imagine many of the people that bought it got it on console
>Switch version is just barely in the top 30 best sellers on the eShop
Yeah, they probably did

Isn't the online dead+DRM?

The only games I buy on console are racers and console only games.

Switch version is best, you can take it anywhere and play on the go instead of being tied down to one place

I bought it on PC. The online seemed shitty, but it was 2am and I was getting matched with chinks.

I remember really liking this game and being pretty good at it since I had absolutely no problem maneuvering the controls or camera.

Isn't it 30 FPS on Switch?

It does have Denuvo, yes
I imagine online is dead because the people who did buy it are unlocking car parts/color combos and experimenting with them, or are still getting through the story mode
I'm not a PC player so I get everything on console, what I get on what system just depends
I use my Nintendo systems for stuff like their exclusives and some third party games, and my PS4 for their exclusives. But I mainly got TSR on Switch because most of my friends went for that platform and I want it to be my replacement for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I bought this game and immediately went back to Mario Kart 8 I’m not even kidding. Save your money and play that instead while waiting for CTR

Just bought it for PC. Hope it's fun lads

Attached: 1556673961777.png (228x222, 100K)

Fps doesnt matter

I have in on ps4. I rarely get a full lobby of people and the online disconnects itself a lot after races

Yeah, it is. But I guess that really doesn't matter to some people
Can't blame you for it, it does have a bit of a learning curve. Personally I've grown bored of Mario Kart 8 after playing it since 2015 and wanted something new to play

Guess this is the TSR thread now
Which characters are the best in the game? Based on what I've played so far its Sonic and Rouge, but I've heard people talk about Zavok (I don't have enough of his custom parts to judge yet)

>Censored Team Racing

Attached: 1547333386715.jpg (249x229, 5K)

Based on my customization setups, Sonic, Blaze, Shadow, Zavok, and Chao seem to be some of the best in the game when it comes to speed/boost

My best are Rouge and Eggman personally. Eggman can get pretty good stats for everything but speed at the same time.

GREEN LIGHT RIDE

All the heavies with their 1st modification in the line have basically 1 acceleration and half top speed but their boost and defense is near max.

There’s no real “learning curve” aside from the slingshot stuff and the big boost. It’s just a blander Mario Kart. I’ve never played transformed but I could bet a lot of money that its much better than this

>I've never played Transformed
It is better, yes, but it helps to understand the appeal if you have played it.
This game has stuff like boost chaining across jumps, side flipping while drifting off of cliffs to skip sections, and the ability to continuously drift without using your mini turbo as well.
I noticed that with Knuckles, yeah. I may have to use him more, I mostly go Sonic

The online will die before all the other versions

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Attached: 1478963052821.jpg (1137x631, 103K)

That's anyone's guess, he asked about the best version, that's probably it.

Maybe I DID like the transforming vehicles and maybe I DID like playing as yogcats or whatever. Maybe I think joe musashi was the best character ever in a kart racing game next to grey fox in konamy krazy racers. Maybe this does feel like a downgrade, to just make the karts regular old karts.
Maybe they should ape Diddy Kong's Racing instead of Mario Kart.
Just sayin'. Do not mind.

Transformed

This game looks pretty decent but I can’t bring myself to buy a blatantly inferior product than the previous game in this same series. I would have rather had a proper sequel to transformed but even a port would be better than this

These games are more like Outrun than Mario Kart though

In terms of handling, probably, but who the fuck do you think you're kidding?

It depends on what you want. If you really liked the car sections in Transformed and want more of that, this game is perfect for you.
I'm one of those people who, despite overall loving that game, felt the car sections were the best, and wanted more stages with just them.

>Crush 40 is back
Ok I'm in

PC, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway, its just not as fun as transformed was(boost got nerfed, track design is boring, team mechanic doesn't really do anything interesting and AI sucks ass).

Good point. I guess I should specify that other kart racers can coexist with Mario Kart, especially if they have something different to bring to the table, with all of the Sonic racers from Sumo being a good example

Personally I find some stages about as good as Transformed if not better and like how some of them have multiple routes to take so each lap can feel different despite not changing visually.

Same on PC

Yeah, absolutely, I'm a sucker for kart racers in general, especially ones that aren't Mario Kart but still manage to be good games like Konami Krazy Racers, DKR, CTR and these recent sega games. I probably enjoy them more than mario kart. You can trace their origin squarely to Mario Kart for the SNES so just giving credit where it's due.

That's true, yeah.
I myself enjoy the Sonic racers more than Mario Kart. Wouldn't have bothered getting 8 on Switch if I had known this game was on the way.

The soundtrack is the only good point at the moment. Online is fucked for most versions. The PC version has major lobby and disconnection issues and you can't even match make with friends.

Hell, SRB2 Kart is more reliable and has a superior lobby system. Just play that or Transformed if you want a cart fix.

Attached: 1465436104532.jpg (975x597, 90K)

The one thing I'll give this over SRB2Kart is that you don't have to deal with input delay.

Sonic/Shadow and Omochao/Eggman
Those are the fastest speed and tech characters. Zavok is the fastest power character but power is probably the weakest for multiplayer.

Power characters are rare online because of their bad handling and recovery. They have high defense if you build for it but since their acceleration sucks it ends up not helping them when they get hit.
Their handling makes them hard to use on a lot of maps and if you build for defense it gets even lower. If you DON'T build for defense then their stats are just low across the board.
Technique types, meanwhile, have so much handling that when you build them for defense they don't even notice the difference.
Zavok can be good for time trial though.

Attached: Builds.png (1369x902, 1.29M)

Switch version doesn't have the cg intro so no

This, the intro is easily my favorite one of these games

Hopefully this teaches the lesson that every Sonic game needs its main theme done by Crush 40.

Attached: too... fast....jpg (500x667, 108K)

Getting hit with something in this game seems entirely too punishing for the power character's builds. I assume it is supposed to be counteracted by the skimboost recovery but its unreliable and good luck if your teammates are even paying attention. In Transformed, you could hit a boost and rocket back up to a respectable speed but In this game boosts only slightly accelerate you from your current speed.

The problem is they seemed to balance power characters around the mechanics of Transformed. Boost is arguably still the best stat, but not even close to the same extent as before so giving them such a low stat total is just unfair.

youtube.com/watch?v=ckiFCQXJ4ZI