Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers

Are you staying with your old job, or picking up one of the new ones?

Attached: DyZFYuvWkAEshcX.jpg orig.jpg (2480x1240, 683K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-xvdyJn48s
twitch.tv/pvpaissa
playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/11/final-fantasy-xiv-interview-talking-mmo-writing-natsuko-ishikawa-john-crow/
youtube.com/watch?v=YZJxYLoun7g
imgur.com/a/gyRlhAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE FALL
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-xvdyJn48s

SMN main since starting in 2.2. That isn't changing

Attached: SMN SdB.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Do people really "main" a singular job instead of having multiple ones at/near max ilvl? I thought that was the whole point of being able to change jobs whenever.

DARK
KNIGHT

Attached: 1558716553639.jpg (640x360, 25K)

>that conflag

Attached: 1555971593770.gif (290x290, 115K)

savages

Attached: 1542433777590.jpg (1429x2000, 3.81M)

I'm still gonna be SMN and it looks like a blast, I just hope it's got the shit to back it up and isn't all show.

How's the benchmark treating people, mine ain't the best but i'm working with a 970 here so hitting basically 11k is good enough for me.

Attached: benchmark.png (924x294, 452K)

>tfw makes a thread seconds before a new one got out
>didnt even show in my refresh
i look like an idiot now

Attached: 1554273463501.jpg (480x480, 20K)

I haven't played since I finished Heavensward and the only job I capped at that point is Warrior. Do you think it'll be worth getting back into now?

You can play multiple jobs but it's pretty fucking annoying to get more the one job at BiS because of how the gear drops n shit work. Especially if they have different needs but share gear like SMN/BLM. At that point just play an alt if you really want to main another job.

I already mained DRG/BLM and PLD, now I'm probably gonna go for GUN/DRG/MCH.

Attached: Garuba.png (585x767, 706K)

i'll stick with drk unless they fuck it up, otherwise go to gnb or war

meant after*

With the way itemization works you are forced to main to a certain degree. If you raid as a DRG you can only share your tome/raid accessories with MNK/SAM and you won't be able to buy gear for other jobs until your DRG is fully kitted out or you beat the tier fast enough that you no longer need to.

what do you guys think of my hrothgar?

Attached: screaminghrothgar.jpg (404x422, 163K)

All lizards were mistakes. Especially the croissants .

>hey i wonder what a lala would look like in the benchmark
>summons an incredibly tiny horse
>dramatic waddle towards the camera
how do you take this shit even half seriously as a lala

basically this
DRK>GNB>WAR
don't really want to end up playing WAR again but i will if I need to

I'm torn between DRK and BLM in the expansion, I love both to death.

Yeah.
Playing a DPS is an active process for me. I have to think about everything I'm doing, and the combat flies by too quick with only a 2.5s GCD so when mechanics start coming out I have to stop doing what I'm doing to focus on dealing with the mechanic and my DPS goes to shit.

Healing is a cinch by comparison. WHM was just "Keep people alive with HoTs and oGCDs while spamming my braindead damage rotation and hit sprint if you need to move". AST is the same but with added solitaire minigame.

It's probably just that I need more experience. I've got thousands of hours as a healer, and like a couple dozen split between ever DPS I've tried.

No, but I do have to focus on where I'm walking and actively move my legs.

Yeah, but I'd look at my bars, think "shit, which is which" then guess and I'd half the time I'd hit the wrong one. I needed to come up with a mnemonic or reorder my hotbars or something.

True, but it's partly that I feel bad about inconveniencing other people by playing something I know I'm bad at, when I could be playing AST and expediting the run.

Attached: 1453337963658.png (933x720, 587K)

surely you've wondered why all lalas are unrepentant memelords? its because their gameplay experience is already one absurd joke to begin win

Will they have a lore reason why you are suddenly summoning pheonix? Or is it just suddenly gonna be a thing you do?

Bunbreaker!

Attached: Fran minion.jpg (1280x960, 97K)

How do they come up with any lore reason for a rework/overhaul? It just drops in and happens.

I wouldn't be surprised if Book familiar 2.0 just rocks up to you and says "hey I got a new summon to teach you" like they more or less did with demi bahamut

Well if your skills are just on your bar in the order you got them, no wonder you got an issue.

Definitely reorder them as necessary

i dont even know what role i will lvl first, a lot of jobs are looking fantastic, like DRK, MCH, AST, WHM...

You can summon Bahamut because you took a day trip to cartanau and sucked up Bahamut Aether. Guessing the First will have more Phoenix Aether than Bahamut.

Not a lot of people have the time or gumption to maximise gear levels of all their jobs, so you inadvertently have to pick a "main" job/role at the very least and funnel your best efforts into it. For some it's also simply their one favourite job that they prefer to play the most/wander around as

Still gonna be running SCH but the AST changes look good so I'll dabble in that.. MCH and DRK look great so time to get back into them

Can confirm. The main reason I picked my potato is because I find the dissonance between my character and all the serious drama on the screen incredibly amusing.

The entire benchmark was fucking hilarious as a a lala

probably not because there's no 70-80 job quests, just role quests for 70-80 and a single job quest at 80

lore-wise, technically any primal you've come into close proximity with is viable for summoning.

user are you big? i love big dorky boys
why do people hate WAR? is it because theyre often forced to play it because its meta? i love the thematics of it and dont understand why people are so sick of it as if there are no dedicated players that like the job by what it represents

Well the main issue is that there isn't a SMN questline this expac. So unless Pheonix is the lvl 80 skill, are you just gonna suddenly learn it?

If the former, is Titan gonna get a supermode? And are you jsut gonna suddenly learn it?

I do wish I could trade my regular sized chocobo in for a tiny lala one.

>all that shit the WoL does in the beginning of the benchmark

I sure wish we could fucking do that

Attached: 1558803664362.gif (128x128, 22K)

Red is all I need.

Attached: 1556222562300.png (900x1298, 1.47M)

>So unless Pheonix is the lvl 80 skill, are you just gonna suddenly learn it?
Yes.

i cant be sure yet. the trailer for WHM didnt explain shit. Gotta wait for tooltips because all the spells look the same now.

I'll prob go back to PLD. I just picked it up and thought I'd like the new classes since ARR. After a week of trying out the different classes in PVP and a few dungeons I just like WAR and PLD too much.

When I first saw the trailer, I was thinking "oh shit, are they gonna have a cool cutscene for all potential classes?

Then I downloaded it and realized it was DRK only, which was slightly dissapointing

but would a bahamut even happen in the first? We already know the shit at Mor Dhona with Middgardsormr apparently never happened and perhaps the battle at carteneau and dalamud never did either, maybe it was never even a thing on the first, I dunno

I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped it on you. Demi Bahamut was already basically like that. There was no context in the job questline for why it's Bahamut in particular you get as the entire questline was just about this 1 deceased SMN dude.

I just want a mount patting emote.

is it true that verraise is going to have a 300s cd?

I think we can reasonably assume that:
the lv 80 skill is locked behind the job quest (along with AF most likely) like it was in SB
the lv 80 skill for SMN is pheonix summon
so i'm expecting there to be some kind of lore basis for why we can suddenly summon an entity as fucking random as pheonix

god i just hope that these lv 80 job quests are substantive and aren't just one literal quest
hoping for a small quest chain at least

I guess I can understand that. I've just never had an issue keeping multiple jobs at least within 5-10 of whatever the max ilvl currently is just by rolling on extra stuff or using stocked up tomes.

>he didnt have the opportunity to burst out laughing at king thordan being terrified of a fucking gnome

They're in order, but I kinda just stuck things wherever they'll fit.
However some stuff is baked hard into my muscle memory due to having not set up my bars properly early on and I'll never be able to break that habit. Like for me, swiftcast is Shift+5. I'll never not be able to do that

Nah, average height, just very autistic.

I mean you are already bathed in the aether of bahamut, it doesn't matter whether it's there in the First.

Though, I do wonder if they'll try to justify you being able to summon Pheonix if you never did binding coil

You don't roll Lala to take things seriously.

Attached: 459533f125bd2d156da320c24ec71e7d.jpg (780x924, 76K)

it's the simplest tank in terms of rotation, and yeah it's probably a little bit of meta burnout
it doesn't look like it's gonna change all that much in shb either, except for (presumably) being able to use all the beast skills whenever you want

no it's not. that was a shitty fake leak.

Staying with DRK, but I really like the look of DNC and it will probably the second job I get to 80,

Phoenix's aether is everywhere for the exact same reason Bahamut's is. At Carteneau after Bahamut got BTFO, Louisoix relinquished his own aether and flushed it and Bahamut's into the planet to heal the damage.

>MCH
Yep, I've been with this job since 3.0 and I don't plan to stop now, I'm probably gonna level GNB on the side though. I hope it loses it's flavor of the month status after a few weeks of shad.

I played both BLM and MCH in 3.0, so I guess I'm doing it again if MCH feels good again.

twitch.tv/pvpaissa
JP VS NA

>why do people hate WAR?
Job populated by annoying autists and fags that won't stop fellating themselves despite playing the mathematically proven easiest job in the game while also screeching any time one of the other tanks gets a buff and demanding they get even more buffs for themselves

>WAR
It feels like all tanks are gonna play similar so i'll just pick the most esports one.

you do to look funny and serious

Attached: 20160310095842_1.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

Wait, does a major feast team really have Pepe in their logo?

I'm a healer main and still trying to figure out which healer will be my first/main. Probably gonna be SCH unless WHM is really fucking amazing somehow.

Yes

Most WAR's are just oppressive annoying faggots who think their DPS is on par with actual DPS. I've met fine ones,my static leader is one and we went through both ultimate's together but for the most part they're self fellating asses with an easily bruised ego.

>Pepe
What? That's reddit frog

Which class has the best storyline (outside drk)?

I can't stand twitch/tourney commentators. Fuck that noise

Alchemist

Sticking with SCH. Unless WHM or AST completely blow me away.

PLD, DRG, BRD, and BLM for everything else.

Attached: 1558556879343.png (671x1025, 474K)

Once a SCH, always a SCH

Attached: ffxiv_15022019_021259_734.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

It's a community run tournament, but yes.

Also the Pepe = Nazi shit kinda died out. It's all about the ok symbol now. (And clowns)

Depends what kind of tone you like. Some classes have serious tones others are more lighthearted

Machinist is a cozy band of misfits that's pretty good, Paladin's 30-50 is good but everything beyond is crap, Monk's 60-70 is actually worth it. And Ninja/Rogue 0-50 and 60-70 are great, partially cuz of the rouge mates and mostly because of Karasu.

I enjoyed samurai

You'd have to split things into chunks for comparison.
>1-30 Class quests
>30-50 Job quests
>50-60 Job quests
>60-70 Job quests

1-30 PUG is great for example but 30-50 MNK is horse shit

Been a MCH since HW and it looks like it finally payed off.

just from what was revealed, gnb looks like it'll be a pretty fun class with a lot of ogcd stuff so i won't be too mad if drk gets reworked in a way i don't like
i will unironically miss dark arts even if i fucked up a key on my cheap keyboard from hitting it too much, but that shit probably had to go for various reasons

>Paladin's 30-50 is pretty good
It really isn't, especially considering the trash that comes after.

>World Cup
>250 viewers

Attached: 1532330647984.jpg (1213x1329, 176K)

HW (specifically) SMN were quite alright

I felt that MNK's lvl 70 quest was a big let down. The lvl 50 and 60 quests were top tier, having big 1v1 fights with the respective villains.

And then after all the talk of the villain having the anti-rhalgr style, you end up fighting him in a giant mech, which felt anti-climactic. Having your pugilist buddies show up was nice, but I'd have preferred another proper hand to hand final boss.

the feast is important.. that's why we must keep locking good rewards behind it

I liked it, it's not above and beyond but for a job quest I think it's pretty nice. I will agree everything after is crap, especially the fucking tournament arc.

If they keep Assize, WHM
If they don't, PLD.
MCH also looks cool, but I may keep NIN as my dps main.

Just considering combat jobs, SAM is really good up to 60. I think 60-70 is good as well, but it is weaker. I'm fond of MCH and SMN as well. SMN is more interesting allagan tidbits than anything else, but I still like it. Enjoyed NIN, too.

Are you ready to suck a dancers dick for a good parse?

Attached: dancer.webm (900x506, 2.88M)

I don't know if I'll even continue to play. I just brought an archer up from 15 to 54 in about 2 days of playing and already feel burnt out as fuck.

>MNK's lvl 70 quest was a big let down
It was great because your mentor master monk finally acted like a fucking master monk.

Did you thank her yet for saving ShB, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1548342819287.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

WHM is keeping assize but it's being reverted to prebuff one.

No

Attached: 1547747964948.jpg (853x476, 61K)

>buy eureka armor in pyros
>npc wont let me upgrade it in hydatos
He says about how I should do something in Pyros, but what?

That's not how you get the dancer buffs. Dancers will all be submissive ERP sluts so basically they will suck my girldick and give me the buffs and they'll like it.

I honestly wish they'd stop trying to push this shit. It's been years and no one fucking cares. Put the resources elsewhere.

I'm mostly frustrated because the whole "become a protector knight and protect somebody" story practically writes itself yet these retards think we want to chase some retarded Roe across Coerthas and Dravania trying to reawaken a sword and the plot goes fucking NOWHERE HOLY SHIT KILL ME

>play dnc
>give saber dance to healers while all the other dps get mad at me
they don't pay my sub

It's the only quest where your mentor gets his shit together and the pugilist buddy's were great. I didn't give a fuck about the 50 and 60 cuz the leads up where so bad it's hard to care.

Samurai both 50-60 and 60-70 are respectable. Nothing incredible, but entertaining.
Special mention to Warrior for having the most consistently fucking GARBAGE job quests in the entire game.

How much is known about how MCH will play in XIV? Is the robot thing gonna be like a summon that you have to manage?

Is she the head writer for ShB?

Fuck yer

Monk since ARR. Gonna stick with it.
Dark Knight for tanking because the other two don't appeal to me.
Still not sure about which ranged dps i'll go with.

Attached: 1472775362779.png (392x1285, 233K)

>grind 39 levels in 2 days
>feel burnt out

I wonder why

That's a relief, albeit a bittersweet one.
It was still good Pre-buff though

unlock more memes

No because of the new job fever all the dancer's are going to be unceremoniously trash. For the first raid tier it isn't even worth bothering because even if they're busted 90% of the people playing them will be garbage.

At least we won't be baby sitting Gorge from 70-80

>fflogs said they will give the padded damage to the dancer
nice

Get ready to help Curious Gorge regain his inner beast again for the level 80 quest.

Have you
A:Finished your pyros weapon
B:Gotten every logos action
?
I guess story wise the 70 quest was better, but boss wise, it was the worst IMO

So dancer and gunblade have their own questline that lets them level from 60 to 70 and it's not just hoh for days?

I have a friend I play with who plans to switch from BRD to DNC so I'll be fine.

you might need the weapon completed, if you haven't done it yet

Ask me again in a month a half's time

80 better be euthanizing George for burning down a village while we were off on the first or some shit.

unlock all actions

what? no
they have their own little job questline in the same vein that every other job does, but they reward paltry amounts of xp
please look forward to HoH on the day of release

What I gathered from the skill trailer is that you'll gain one meter that you use to turn on your bot, consumes the meter and is active for 20 seconds. Heat looks like you activate something to overheat once you have enough heat, seems something you have more control over.

Well it's not like the quests will get you to 70 alone, but yes, they are likely to have a questline from 60-70

I mean yes they do but job quests give peanuts, get ready to spam dungeons to catch up.

>literally wrote all of the best things in the game

Bros

SAM is fun!

Attached: okita ohayo.png (594x530, 139K)

AST, simply for the meme potential and the characters. The HW quest line was pretty already, SB sucked pretty bad though as they moved away from Jannequinard.

Attached: ASTquestline.png (401x90, 68K)

i picked lala to make my hitbox easier to see

I would unironically be fully in favour of a quest wherein we permanently kill every single Warrior quest npc and start from scratch with a new cast
It boggles my mind how fucking annoying EVERY single person in the Warrior quests are
>curious fuckwit
>his halfwit brother
>mary sue au ra
>some maelstrom idiots
I hate every single one of them

That was it, I thought I did but I was missing the new ones.

I don't care what people say, I like Koji's translation of the game. It consistently makes me laugh

I mean yea, that does make sense. But fuck I wanted to be able to enjoy the game a lot more, it was the entire reason I switched to archer as I already had my WHM and PLD at 60 and hadn't raised up a DPS yet.

I'm thinking of leveling one class for each roll. Ninja for Melee DPS, Red Mage for Range DPS (I know it's really hybrid), Paladin for Tank, Astrologian for Heals. Definitely going to use my stocked bottle of fantasia to make a Bunny.

>gorge retires to a life of botany and settles down with his lizard wife
make it happen se, everyone will get a happy ending

I fucking love Jannequinard

>tfw BLM main
>both expansions after HW just add QoL improvements and nothing new and cool
i just want fucking Burst, Tornado, or Flare 2

Attached: 1452008235306.png (750x900, 291K)

Samurai and Machinist are both some favorites of mine.

Scholar had a fun 30-50 and the 50-60 is pretty alright. 60-70 was whatever.

Do DNC and GNB start at level 1 or level 50?

>some maelstrom idiots
Hey, mistbeard is cool

Attached: jannequinard.png (839x470, 665K)

The SCH quests are really starting to suffer from theme fatigue
getting real bloody sick of tonberries

Reminder that this game's "localization" is fucking garbage.

the joke ends here

Attached: ffxiv_05042017_044134.png (1680x1050, 265K)

Still gonna be rocking AST/SCH overall, but I'll see what WHM has to offer. Hopefully they've fixed it up well enough to warrant its existence this time around.

GNB looks good too, so I'll give that a shot. Now that the initial hype of seeing all the new job actions have worn off, I feel like there are a lot (BRD, NIN, MNK, RDM, etc) that didn't really impress me while others (Three healers, PLD, DRK, MCH) completely blew me away.

Attached: Flames.jpg (580x960, 78K)

DPS are really boring to power-level since you can't get instant queues like Tanks and Healers. It's either spam PotD/HoH or wait for queues.

>tfw your MRD squad in the SCH questline feels more competent than the actual fucking WAR squad

Attached: IMG_0067.jpg (640x480, 49K)

>CT
>WoD arc
>DRK quests
>More ishgard
>Omega
Is ShB basically all the plotlines she wrote together?

>this
>job actions
>music
holy fuck, is shadowbringers going to fucking surpass heavensward?

I just think it's impressive they tried to turn 60-70 into a comedy and Curious George is still the most unlikable piece of shit. This fuckers my mentor? like really? 30-70 is just him fucking up just put him down already ffs se.

but we're getting a single target version of flare and foul, user. It might not be new and flashy, but at least it's new.

How do they say they want to make it so there isn't as much synergy between the classes so no classes are considered mandatory in raids, but then make Dancer SPECIFICALLY to synergize.

They said that they were making it so DNC isn't mandatory.

I have no idea how though, unless it's personal dps is just garbage

the first guests with the au ra were funny but it got dumb with the usual gorge bullshit

Oh, nice. I'll use the early access time to get GNB up to 70 then.

>responsible for Haurchefant, Nero, Jacke, Fray, and Matoya
How the fuck does she consistently make the best characters in the game?

What are the best looking omega sets? I want to grind for some good glamor.

It's going to be such absolute fucking garbage in personal DPS that it won't be able to make up the diffference.

They just mean they want to make it so jobs getting high deeps aren't dependent on certain jobs. The difference between a bard and machinist hitting 80% and 90-99% was a dragoon. Tanks might as well give up their parse if there isn't a slashing debuff on the enemy.

Didnt they say they tried to balanc the meta around dancer?

It looses GCDs to buff others. It's as close as this game has gotten to a purely support class.

>BLM
>unite with fellow black magic disciples in the beast tribes to fight a secret war against the void
>get taught by the mother of all black magic herself

>Any combination of dps can clear a raid
>Somehow some classes are still mandatory

Attached: 1497195064208.gif (430x360, 1.37M)

how important is latency in this game? i'm in japan for like a year but want to play with english speakers

>babysit a fucking nerd catboy
awful

>she bullies a gay catboy and tries to hook her host up with him

It's just gilgameme autism.

>mch get to summon a mech
>smn get to summon phoenix
>whms get angel wings
>etc etc
>blm gets tiny single target baby "explosions" which are just instant cast stupid versions of shit they already have
I literally just want retarded huge spell effects that piss off the melee that have to stand in them, is that so much to ask for? The fuckin' new skill demo showed the dumbest pussy shit I've ever seen in my life.

The only thing that's even mildly exciting about BLM changes is the free B3/F3 means we probably get to Flare after each F4 rotation, everything else was bland shit that looked less cool than our base 50 spells.

Well during the opening weeks of savage and for ultimates, people do look for synergies wherever they can. As people start getting gear through tomestones and stuff, it begins to matter less, generally only for speedkills

Bard quests are fun

fairly important if you want to play dps at top level, if you just play casually it doesn't matter all that much

I've been Monk and Machinist, looks like i'm staying with those two and picking up gunbreaker

She's also a cutie. And apparently did the writing for Zenos too.

playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/11/final-fantasy-xiv-interview-talking-mmo-writing-natsuko-ishikawa-john-crow/

Attached: ffxivyoshiwalk82017.jpg (881x496, 229K)

It matters to an extent. If you can't double weave, your dps will take a hit but it isn't the end of the world if you aren't doing hardcore stuff.

If you don't have perfect reflexes to avoid aoe the exact thousandth they start getting casted, you will get fucked often

>wizard hat jokes

Sounds like it'd be great fun as a solo class.

As a primarily solo player I picked up BLM very specifically because playing as a healer is fucking miserable while doing most non-raid content.

I'm leveling ninja past 60 as we speak, but I'll probably use BLM, since its my main.

japan to cali is probably better than east coast to cali

Definitely /ourdyke/

Eno is also at 15 percent now. It's like having a permanent spread Balance compared to before.

Alright FF fags, help me choose a class: I really enjoyed WoW's Fury Warrior. High burst, good mobility, and meele of course. Anything like that in FF14?

BLM just needs a Vivi shadow face form to be complete.

only if you're a parse tranny

I'm only a 35 whm.
Not enough to want to come back

Do you want to tank, dps, or heal. You can play any of the jobs at any time and switch on the fly but for starters what sounds better.

Doesn't really matter that much for most content. Only comes into play if you're doing hardcore content and need every bit of DPS that you can squeeze out. I'm the same as you. I played on an NA server then moved to the Japan but didn't want to change servers because I still had friends on there.

Attached: JO.png (842x123, 6K)

or you know, actually enjoy the game because it feels good to play

I haven't played wow, so can't give you a one for one comparison, but if you want a melee that has really high damage and good mobility, samurai is probably a good bet.
It's currently one of the two most selfish classes though, but who knows what that'll mean in ShB since they are trying to cut down on synergy.

Play on tonberry

>DRG
>MNK/SAM
>DRK
will we ever have a caster or healer focused expansion with the WoL using the respective job?

WAR, SAM, and DRG are what you want. But keep in mind there's going to be a decent amount of changes coming up soon, so if you start now, don't get too used to how they play now. Some classes are getting minor changes, though, like all the 3 I listed so it should be a smoother transition.

yes that is the essence of what i said, dumb trannyposter

Or if you wanna actually clear savage content before everyone becomes overgeared/echo empowered

>High Burst, high mobility
Machinist or Bard, but they're ranged
Melees tend to be more consistent rather than bursty though

Or just want to hit good numbers because you want to play well? There's a difference between doing good and autisming 100 percentile. No reason to defend people who willingly play bad rather then competently.

It's going to happen. Devs (in general) need to get through their thick skull that functional differences are a huge charm-point in giving any job/class an identity aside from visual preference. A meta's going to form no matter what, and the more you homogenise jobs, the more boring it becomes with no real payoff.

The whole battle system restructuring of SdB going to go either REALLY well, or REALLY poorly with no middle ground.

Oh HELL yeah a numbers buff on a mandatory self buff, that's way cooler than getting more ancient fucking magic on a Black fucking Mage

>5.0 AF is yet another big hat ruined by a random fucking eyepatch
I hate this fucking class why do I keep playing it

I suspect that we will never get a caster posterboy. It's gonna be tanks and melee dps for the rest of time.

Staying with SAM or going back to my old ARR/HW main BLM.

Attached: xiv primal girls.jpg (1000x690, 117K)

Just /visor the eyepatch.

>Zenos
Well one weak link isn't so bad.

Samurai is the big dick melee DPS of XIV
I don't know if I'd really consider any of the melees burst focused, though. For burst ranged/casters you have Machinist, Summoner, and Black Mage.

>Archer
>WAR
>DRG
>SAM/MNK
>DRK
Caster/Healer might be up next

It's never worked before, what makes you think it'll work this time?

I cant wait for Shadowbringers and going to a whole other world and Hildibrand is there

>Fucking savages can't even make a proper kettle.

Attached: Nero 523434234234.jpg (494x444, 45K)

you should probably pick your main based on looks and thematics, as that speaks a lot more. if you still want to focus on play style, SAM is the way to go for you

I could see SMN being a poster job. It would be very poetic for WoL to head into Garlemald wielding the power of the primals. Just like Minfilia wanted back in 1.0.

All I ask out of my BLM is to continue shitting out absolutely massive numbers, I'm not too hung up on what sort of flashy particle effects surround my numbers popping up.

I don't think waiting for an 8 min queue is really all that bad.

WoD will become a Chemist of Light to save the Source from the Black Rose cloud covering the whole fucking world.

Don't forget about Greg

Someone's still going to have to pick up your slack in raids if you don't want to pull your weight you fucking liability. The moment parsing becomes irrelevant from a practical standpoint is the moment there ceases to be a reason to excel at any given DPS job.

Well, he gets sicked into the First long before you do.

Did you not do the SB questline? He hitched a ride with the most prevalent dimensional traveler in Final Fantasy, Gilgamesh.

>quest is name Trumped
>Trump
>why haven't you build that wall yet?

The devs really are a bunch of libtards.

Dancers are going to want to partner up with the best, most experienced dps to ensure their buffs don't go to waste and that they get juice back in return.

What's going to be the rarest class for a Hrothgar?

Attached: 1558672199200.jpg (592x925, 174K)

I thought WAR was nice enough, especially post 30.
70 was kind of lame, as much as I love George getting himself an Au Rau gf, I would have liked to have more time interacting with the old MRD guildmembers

Attached: 1495745687864.jpg (960x523, 147K)

I don't think you've played this game.

Attached: 1545729726448.jpg (1911x6337, 2.53M)

It doesn't seem like much, but it adds up compared to getting instant queues with a Tank or Healer.

I loved how we finally got another Trial with his questline in SB, HW was really lacking.

based and redpilled

dang who knew anime bitches got so thicc

what should i name my first char does it have to be lore friendly

SB's Hildibrand storyline itself was trash though. If ShB doesn't improve I'm probably not even gonna bother.

drk and brd

Wow... this line is a little antisemitic don't you think...?

Attached: 1544905465527.png (604x144, 59K)

casters and healers, big guys never look good in robes and dresses.

Well next expansion when SMN gets to drop Alexander on top of bosses, SCH summons Tinkerbell to give the entire raid free BJs, WARs cleave canyons with their new meter dump, MCH get to ride along an actual Gundam, and faggot retarded BLMs still top the meters because Enochian 2 was our addition feel free to join me in the crusade to get a 5th spell effect to watch in our repetitive as fuck rotation

Post the webms from Suisei no Gargantia.

>does it have to be lore friendly
Only if you don't want to be a faggot. Look up your race's naming conventions.

>SB's Hildibrand storyline itself was trash though.
Wrong

The game has a lore friendly name generator you can pick a name from. It's the dice icon when you're inputing a name.

DNC Hroth. Like, why the fuck would you even play the class if you’re not a cute girl.

There was also the time Minfilia went on about how borders and walls are great, and multicultural melting pots are terrible.

As long as it isn't something fucking autistic like
>Kirito nightblade
>Sunbae Shadowheart
>Eryna wolfbane
or some fucking crap like that no one will care so do whatever sounds good to you.

probably scholar, just like roegadyn. big guys cant be intelligent

What's wrong with you?

Attached: 4354435435453453.png (1898x997, 1.01M)

memes

Attached: 1551801881022.jpg (1348x593, 116K)

>why the fuck would you even play the class if you’re not a cute girl.
Get ready for all the slutglamming faggots, roes mostly.

being "ironically" gay

>tfw a weeb MMORPG has the most sane and rational take on the world refugee crisis in modern media

MCH because somehow through it all, it'll still be the least played job.

I'm gonna try dancer and I like to do some white mage on the side, but black mage will always be my main.

Attached: meg2.png (1280x905, 1.24M)

>implying DNC won't be the go to class for big lad memesters
wish i could make an angry-pouty looking viera

Attached: 1554098399071.png (2000x2296, 2.67M)

Attached: 1480100739935.jpg (661x128, 33K)

thejewfearsthesamurai.jpg

You literally posted it. I just want to make explosions and we NEVER get new explosions, just some shiny new cooldown buff that makes our regular explosions come out faster.

I just want Flood, Burst, Tornado, ACTUAL Freeze, anything fucking COOL.

I want my faggot BLM retard to drop a load so hard that the entire raid gets an epileptic seizure. Why on EARTH would I get excited that "existing spell you've been spamming for 4 years now hits x% harder"?

God I hope

You're getting actual Freeze because now it actually does something.
>Why on EARTH would I get excited that "existing spell you've been spamming for 4 years now hits x% harder"?
What about Despair and Xenoglossy? Despair's effect is cool as hell too.

It is super annoying when it comes to dodging aoes. You have to move like 10 seconds before the aoe even shows up to not get hit. Like titan hard bs.

If true, imagine the deeps you could put up as dancer if you pick your partners just right so that you get everyone's most powerful attacks all buffed up.

that hrothgar looks like something I'd see on e621

Important question:
Is BLM ever going to get a "shaded hood with the burning yellow eyes" effect?

Attached: Black_Mage_Shibuya.jpg.png (373x459, 143K)

Returning to MCH after the insanity that was 4.1-4.55 MCH. I can finally feel useful again

There is a lot of libtard shit in the game such as helping those homos in the Wander's Palace HM.

>one of the Syndicate members is a literal Lalafell Jew Banker

Attached: veemogrin.jpg (1000x1200, 129K)

The official forums have a thread in the lore section that explain the naming conventions for each race and their clans.

Yea Forums... please tell me enchanted reprise will put a DoT on the enemy.

Probably a fanfest exclusive gear at some point. Pay up goy.

Dancer looks like shit honestly. The abilities don't seem worth the DPS tradeoff and the idle animation is fucking horrific.

I'll probably just stick with SCH. Like always. I've done every story quest since I unlocked the job on SCH, no point changing that now. I like having Eos as a little buddy too.

any hrothgar really

yeah, because japan's aging and shrinking population is a great example

Dark knight first through the MSQ then leveling fucking GNB

Attached: drk3.jpg_orig.jpg (1852x2000, 765K)

Despair has the most limp dicked animation in the entire BLM arsenal, xenoglossy is ok but too similar to foul.

Can you even say Xenoglossy aloud without picturing male genitalia being stimulated by other men?

Really, it should be married to Enochian with the ability to disable it.

S O N I C
B
O
O
M

Attached: hwtactics.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

No, that would make sense

Attached: 1504393030491.png (663x155, 102K)

If only. If fuckin only. That would be great to play

Hell JUST GIVE US MORE TACTICS DAMMIT.

Fell Seal is great and all, but I NEED MORE

How are you even supposed to pronounce it?

>Despair has the most limp dicked animation in the entire BLM arsenal
It looks and sounds like an entropic pillar of flame. Like you're forcing an explosion into an enclosed space and the sound is being compressed with it. I think it's cool as fuck.

Xenoglossia would be better but it goes with the Enochian theme. I do think it's weird that their core mechanic is speaking the language of angels though.

Will try Dancer, but I find combat in melee (both tank and dps) more enjoyable, so I might revert back to Paladin and Dragoon which I like most overall.
Will 100% go Viera though, and chances are that sooner or later I'll be dragged into the ERP scene because I like written sapphic erotica.

The weirdest thing is that despite these redpills the player base is full of sjws, commies, and leftist.

anyone still go tthose drk tool lips that were leaked

Attached: tiddywave.gif (540x352, 2.95M)

i think the artist is a furry

>he actually fell for the kike meme about infinite growth
Less people means property values drop, fag. Japan is a tiny island nation and they're doing just fine.

their island is overpopulated and they still have more kids than europeans

NA/EU raidtranny autism. JP can clear without parseniggery and so forth (though they also pull shenanigans to speedrun)

Played MCH since 4.0 throughout the whole expansion, will play it in SHB. Also, fuck all the 'yaaay cool robot' people, I suggest you shitters stick to your RDM.

thinking about resubbing to get BiS on my casters. are people on pf better on clearing 12s now?

Attached: 1490404174563.jpg (625x800, 274K)

Probably but the viera looked great. He's not only good at drawing characters that scream fetish bait.

>Also, fuck all the 'yaaay cool robot' people, I suggest you shitters stick to your RDM.
the fuck on you on about?

>i was here before it was cool

Attached: 1518242980739.jpg (327x301, 38K)

WHY CAN'T I GET A COPY OF THESE VERSIONS METAL AND RISE . It's so good.... youtube.com/watch?v=YZJxYLoun7g

Is tanking scary? How do they do hunting log or single player quests?

We are 4 weeks out from the next expac. Most people are done with savage for now

USA
USA
USA

>H-Hey guys rate my bunny..
>Looks like generic shit and every other bunfag
>NO SEE LOOK I LIKE DIFFERENT
>Post the same hair from what we saw in the trailer because its the only one that doesnt look ugly as fuck
>REEEEEEEEEEEEREE I WANNA BE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE

You people seriously need to fuck off no one cares about your fucking OC donut steel.

They all look the same.
You arent special.
And you will be a dime a dozen no matter how hard you try and you will be seen everywhere.
Just like the retarded mi'qotes.

Attached: 1557613347432.png (432x421, 151K)

Exactly.
RDM is a shitter containment class and I don't want them playing my beloved MCH.

t.lalafell

It's the exact opposite of what you're imagining. I'd feel more scared on a dps that isn't RDM since there's no otherway to self heal very well.

Tank-anxeity is a myth, pull a few packs then pop defensive cool downs, that's it.
>How do they do hunting logs or single player
Like any other job would?

Nigger you only started playing MCH during 4.0, you don't have the right to shit on people playing it because it's the FotM

All classes are viable for killing trash mobs and solo quests.

And no, tanking isn't that scary. Just make sure to use your AoE agro moves to maintain agro in dungeons, and use your defensive rotations. After that, as long as you are holding agro, it's up to the healer to keep you alive.

They skip cutscenes

There was an orchestrion roll of an 8-bit remix of Rise and Heroes for an event in the past year.

Literally easier than DPS

>I played Machinist an expansion after it came out
>that means I was here first new fags
Are you brain damaged? you aren't currently one of the new fags.

a lot of furries/barafags dont draw female characters (unlike me) because the majority of them, despite being fags, are actually misogynistic. the ones who do are actual bros and you can easily discern the good furry artists just because of this

Well considering I started playing the game 2 months before HW ended, I've played MCH for like 90% of the time I spent in the game.

No, the longer you take to clear, the worst PF gets. Being so close to expansion what is left in PF are just braindead people that rely on echo to do anything and still cant get past HW1

3 - 1

Attached: 1443639901664.jpg (452x680, 129K)

nice metric you have there, their property values are dropping so that means it's all good. i'm not saying other countries don't have problems but you weebs like to idealize japan and their xenophobia. if you lived there you'd be a shunned otaku.

not true, depends on the european country.

>being gay is libtard
redpill overdose

>if you lived there you'd be a shunned otaku
Okay? You say that like I think it's a bad thing that they value homogeny.

Hey fucktard, most HW mch mains dropped it in SB.

So I started a new character with some friends on a new server and skip-potioned PLD because there's no fucking way i'm going to slog through ARR again.

Are they adding in that thing where we can replay class quests in this expansion?

>gunbreakers tank stance animation is seifers taunt

im gonna nut

Attached: final_fantasy_viii__seifer_almasy_render_by_jman023-d6ekatk.png (1024x768, 293K)

Can someone explain the XIV Viera lore to me? How the fuck can Dalmasca and Golmore Jungle exist in Eorzea?

Attached: 1505202791061.png (693x662, 185K)

i just hate getting leveling gear and i want to stick with the current gear for as long as i want when im not tanking

Did they show if off during the stream?

>you weebs like to idealize japan and their xenophobia. if you lived there you'd be a shunned otaku.

Yeah. And we should show equal priority to our natural born citizens because it's a system that works.

>How the fuck can Dalmasca and Golmore Jungle exist in Eorzea?
they dont, eorzea is the name of one continent
dalmasca et al exist on a different one

>Tank stance

Attached: tumblr_ltsyi64A5P1qgt74c.jpg (300x360, 77K)

Because they're not in Eorzea
Eorzea is a continent
Hydaelin is the planet (which is named after the crystal)

pld's questline is shit and you aren't missing much

drk and pld should've had their questlines swapped

It's not the same Dalmasca and Golmore from FFXII. There's just a country in XIV's world that's named Dalmasca and has had some slightly similar people and history.

Attached: 1549611608189.jpg (2048x2048, 840K)

>was a BRD main
>played it ever since ARR
>never bothered even leveling other stuff
>SB launches and Yoshi asks me to learn my Job a third fucking time
>finally have Job crisis
>level SAM to 70
>don't care for it
>unsub from 4.0 all the way to now
>dragged back by friends
>decide to try PLD and DRK after seeing the Shadowbringers trailer
>DRK's ten times more fun than BRD ever was
I was a fool to ignore other roles and Jobs for nearly six years, what should I level next?

Attached: 1558643332350.png (218x209, 73K)

>idealize japan and their xenophobia
It's got its undeniable pros. Their culture's got a lot of good habits and customs the West could stand to learn/re-learn.
>shunned otaku
that depends if you're an ironic weeb or not.

Get going on genesis gear then. Easy 390 gear, 400 gear if you do hunts or alliance raids

in what universe would PLD having the DRK questline make sense

>nobody in eorzea gives a shit that they're fags
>they give a shit because they're interspecies

Attached: 1545318646703.png (242x242, 65K)

watch the job trailer again he does it at the start

I'm so hyped for this expansion bros, everything just looks so great!

Attached: 1352420993730.gif (480x270, 363K)

What's the best way to get a high-level weapon?

>Phoenix is just Bahamut 2
kinda underwhelming

Red Mage

That doesn't make any sense.

I get the idea that PLD might feel bad about the people they haven't saved, but DRK's questline is more about the lives they've ruined rather than the lives they didn't save.

We don't know what it will do yet.
>yfw any party members near the explosion will be healed/revived

Honestly the only "hard" thing about tanking is the fear of failure, that aside its just another DPS. Even like that, just say before a dungeon that its your first time tanking and proceed with your own pace, most people in the game are adults and will understand/help you. As much as its shitposted to death in here, the shitter or tranny encounter that is actually hazardous to your dungeon run is a rare sight.

>we should show equal priority to our natural born citizens because it's a system that works.

where is this happening in the world? the refugee crisis has been blown way out of proportion with refugees returning as the syrian civil war has dwindled down. if you're talking about economic migrants then i agree, people taking advantage of the system.

Eureka. It's just 80 hours of grinding for a 405 weapon.

EORZEA IS NOT A CONTINENT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1535852196093.png (610x656, 643K)

Lalai is for me. I'll speak to the miqo'te while she's hidden under my armor as a cocksleeve.

Attached: 1546723195018.png (747x420, 413K)

Run Alphascape 4.0 normal 4 times, then spend 1000 genesis on the tokens, then get the 390 weapon
The cap is high enough that you nearly get 1000 genesis in one weak. Just run expert roulette every day, and that'll get you 900 easily

Ninja or Astrologian if you're up to play a healer.

you been asleep the last 2 days?

imgur.com/a/gyRlhAM

>part of the three great continents
>not a continent
??????

People keep going on about this but what can you really do in a DPS job in a game where rotations are stringent? I'd say people who expected each new big summon to have a specific niche function were deluding themselves. The most deviation Phoenix will have is maybe being more AoE focused.

if i have to rely on grinding tomestones ill just not do it i guess. wanted to get the gear by raiding because it would take less time if people were actually decent right now. ill just not resub

>How do they do hunting log or single player quests?
What the fuck do you think a tank is you retard? We have swords and axes. We do more damage than half the braindead DPS in this game who don't know their rotations.

Aldenard is the continent. Eorzea is a region that includes Aldenard, Vylbrand, and the Cieldaeles.

1-2-3 (DA sometimes in between), TBN sometimes, bloodspiller, quietus, abyssal dran and dp on multiple mobs, plunge, da+c&s. It surprises me you consider this more fun than brd.

completely rework the job so it's all based on rotating Demi-Primals rather than Egis

>he doesn't know about hellsguard, the master race

I mean there are still people running savage, it's just a crapshoot since the best players are done with it. You can find players who are there to help out newer ones

And even with savage, it's likely to be somewhat of a grind unless you get lucky on your drops. You'll still have to kill each boss 4-8 times

The Three Great Continents are Aldenaard, Isalbard, and Otthard. Eorzea is just a region within Aldenaard.

>gunbreaker's tankstance is called Royal Guard
WOOHOO

I was a MCh main throughout all of HW, but couldn't stand what they did with in in Stormblood. I'll be going back to that with a side of Gunbreaker.

Attached: 1516612330952.png (349x254, 90K)

Look at this absolute chad i had the glory of playing with in Orbonne's, what a lad

Attached: chad.jpg (311x481, 26K)

ACN and GLA quests were pretty interesting from what I remember. Its a shame their plots will never be developed again.
It would be cool going back to our respective guilds and doing more shit with them.

The robot's just a nice addition.
I have had literally no interest in trying machinist until now.
It now looks like what it always should have been.

And it only took them basically making an entirely new job to fix it.

Is anything weekly locked anymore other than the tomestone cap?

>drk's questline is about protecting others, the failure to do so, and its costs
>pld's questline is about fighting dudes to prove you're the strongest because ???, nanamo barely even shows up

jesus christ

This is called jumping the shark.

Wait I thought Eorzea specifically referred to the alliance and wasn't a geographical term. Are Ilsabard and Othard part of Eorzea?

Attached: 1543285743293.jpg (1920x1058, 316K)

I never even bothered with the bench test honestly. Ive got a GTX 1080. I am sure that is more than enough for whatever the game tosses my way. After all this thing runs on fucking ps4. Original ps4 was worse than my old 8350 GTX 770 build

GLA quest people came back in PLD 60-70.

Looks like a turbo shitter t b h

Absolute chad

Just looks like some rando in bad gear am I missing something?

That changes nothing as the end goal is still "do damage". There's only so many ways you can do this. Even the difference between Ifrit and Garuda Egis are already arbitrary at best.

Oh damn, I finally have an excuse to level my PLD. Thanks user I'll check it out.

>no job crystal

look closer
in particular look for what he doesn't have

>It now looks like what it always should have been.
Well, that's correct. They switched to mch being defined by using guns to being defined by using machines. They seem to have used the FF6 mch concept instead of FF12's.

Just cracked clusters on alliance raid

>lancer

>Are Ilsabard and Othard part of Eorzea?
No, those are the other two Great Continents. Eorzea is Aldenard (so everything southwest of Gyr Abania down to Thanalan and west to Dravania), Vylbrand (the island Limsa is on), and the Cieldaeles and other small island chains.

WHM will never escape the cuckshed and I have accepted that.
Play AST or switch to a tank.

Christ i'm fucking blind I see it

Attached: 1490216460769.jpg (427x427, 35K)

I want to do this one day in my bis gear, see if I'll still outdps everyone else.

DRK's questline has always been about the toll being the WoL has taken on your character.

PLD's has never been that good, but never had those themes.

>inb4 all the job homogenisation does is just make parsing even more prevalent because it will be one of the only differentiating factors in player proficiency for raid static viability
I'm going to be cackling all the way.

>queue for leveling roulette as tank
>get the 61 dungeon
>wonder why my health is constantly so low
>inspect the healers gear

Oh no

Attached: heals.jpg (420x476, 96K)

>not loving New Bard
Holy shit man, I played BRD since 2.55 (When I joined) and only dropped it for MCH in 3.0-3.55, then went back to BRD.

Bard looks better than ever.

>gld's teacher is a seasoned soldier who is far beyond your skill level
>by the time you see him again as a PLD, he's so beneath you that fighting him is entirely trivial

I mean it shows off how much you've grown but I thought it was really disappointing.

I think its just because they have no interest in them

I've seen worse, someone post that PLD who thinks a shield messes with his glamour.

Are you ready to help me accomplish literally nothing again?

Attached: tonberry.jpg (1024x576, 223K)

This is nothing, imagine all the GNB shitter when shb launches, prepare your anus user.

I was planning on playing through the story as Dancer or going with Schommoner again, but since I've been levelling Dark Knight, it's been really clicking with me.

That doesn't solve the problem of functional homogeneity between summons you dolt. That still amounts to nothing but differences at the visual level.

Well you got your buddy a girlfriend at least

As long as I don't have to babysit your niece or whatever that fuck she was.

But there is literally an invisible shield he can use, I use the damn thing

the ACN guild is absolutely based and i will forever miss them. i really really hope we will see them in the future at any other quest

So, Eorzea is bigger than Aldenard but not by a wide margin. Got it.

No because 1 job quest, fucking nothing will happen.

Attached: 1556517257111.jpg (952x1335, 176K)

what if it's a job-quest with 20+ steps to it or whatever the full length of a job-story questline is

Attached: 1556153834893.jpg (220x308, 13K)

Just level them since MSQ will probably be broken during early access

>we are going to have a tank that just starts at level 60 now

This is scary to think about.

cope: the post
you are going in the shed from now on

They won't loose agro at least.

a lot of n00bz just look up "The Emperor's New" and just make their decision then and there when it doesn't turn up a shield. What's yours called? Spirit shield or something? Just educate folks when you see em I guess.

Attached: 1553931558602.png (800x678, 520K)

Some people you just cant help man.

Attached: only tanks when its vital.jpg (580x700, 310K)

I get the role quests, we're in the first, keep things first centered, sure. I just really hope the 80 quests are relatively long quests, job quests have always been one of my favorite parts of new expansions.

Would be cool but highly doubtful.
I'm hoping that it's decently meaty, but I'm prepared for the possibility that it's just a "check in with your old trainer to see how they're doing" sort of thing.

I once did shisui as a BRD with an AST that had a fucking Ilevel 50 globe, we ecouldn't clear the first few adds because his heals didn't do over 1k. When the tank and I started asking him why he just said
>I'm waiting for my AF gear because I don't want to buy a globe I'll just throw away
I just couldn't be fucked and just told him to he's a bad joke then left. Fucker got shipped off to mateus with the center split though.

Are you ready for them to lock our AF4 sets behind tomestones like in HW?

That screenshot is absolutely ancient and before that shield came out

>AST is the same but with added solitaire minigame.

Attached: pot of lel.jpg (600x477, 349K)

Yeah, I do at least hope the role quests are good.

So I heard something about the Warriors of Darkness coming back for them? Did I make that up or was that said somewhere?

ROG+NIN
ACN (not SCH/SMN)

you sure nigga?

Attached: typicalcatplayer.webm (774x446, 1.87M)

lol, you sure you'd bet they won't?

Anything is better than locking them behind fucking hunts.

>the lvl 80 job quest will be AFTER the MSQ
huh. I guess the AF armour will come from it

Switching to dancer, but if I end up not liking it, then I imagine I'm going back to mech or summoner

I have multiple jobs at level cap but usually there's one that's way ahead of the pack in terms of ilvl because I play it the most. Due to the way gear works in this game it would be pretty time consuming to have multiple jobs near max ilvl. Best time to gear shit up as high as possible is right now at the end of the expansion when all the weekly locks are removed and you can just get piece after piece.

It was on the stream when they announced the role quests. They had a picture of Arbert's group and said you'd be following in their footsteps.

imo you cant call yourself a good artist if your dick dictates what you draw. stagnation is a very very bad thing in creative jobs

What's a fun DPS?

Theyre making tanks work like wow so even the most retarded shitters can't fuck up now..

>making a webm of a sprout to share with your anonymous internet friends and bully him
That's low, you piece of shit.

It could be worse, they could lock the dyeable versions behind Eureka again.

Given the fact that they showed a party of four and there's four branches in the questline, I'm led to assume that they'll be quests that use the RP functionality to play as the OG WoD crew.

Ah cool.
I hope if they actually come back, the Tank character is Arbert himself, not the roe.

I mainly just want more joe dempsy

You don't. That's why they're the race for memelords.

And how many sprout GNB do you think you're gonna see, user?

>level 54-56

i actually saved that from a thread months ago

I'm hoping you at least told him off/advised him after laughing at him

Attached: 1472459384773.jpg (146x139, 10K)

>Given the fact that they showed a party of four and there's four branches in the questline
If I saw it correctly then the Elezen woman there was a PLD. Pretty sure that's what she was in the 1.0 opening too. We can guess that she's probably fucking dead.

Attached: 1478784940948.gif (248x225, 203K)

Here's a classic that gets worse the more you look at it

Attached: what is WROG with this picture.png (380x360, 235K)

Wait really? I guess it must come close at least. He's got the Thavnarian sarouel on

He's a sprout.

they don't even look the same

Attached: Elezen_2.jpg (400x600, 42K)

You know what else is low? Being here, in this thread, at this hour. user where do you think we are, dont try to play high and mighty. Also that webm is several months old.

>And apparently did the writing for Zenos too.
THAT EXPLAINS SO FUCKING MUCH

Tip of the iceberg.

Attached: 1434610971431.jpg (1914x1079, 234K)

this will >never< happen because ffxiv needs a pet dps job, and acn has a lot of art and content involving carbuncles

>tfw got the name "Bunbreaker" on Balmung
feelin powerful

>i want to tank
>we already have a ,can you warrior
Spite can easily grow out of this.

God help us.

Attached: 1346549140142.jpg (126x121, 3K)

Nigga he has played through all of ARR and leveled to at least 55. How the fuck has he not figured out what skill combos are.

>that long sexy neck

Attached: 1529727312970.png (160x183, 24K)

?

It's definitely a female Elezen gladiator though.

Attached: 1548718096134.png (179x302, 62K)

That's pretty funny

Attached: 1558579385418.png (1078x1134, 59K)

That's a ton of fucking hours of not using your brain AT ALL.

Attached: 1475884467742.jpg (1280x989, 151K)

>both cleric's on
God help us all

Attached: 1456794850161.png (1200x1000, 46K)

I'm pretty sure that's a lag spike considering that the boss is actually attacking him.

i had a run way back when syrcus tower came out of a conjurer with botanist skills on, i wish i didn't lose the screenshot since it was pretty funny

>DRK has Darkside off
>Lancer
>Conjurer
>2 people dead and 2 with weakness
>Both healers are in cleric stance despite of this
>The Conjurer is casting Ruin

Yeah its a shame. For a game with as much emphasis on watching cutscenes as this one they're like 90% static cuts from the talking character to whoever they're talking to with basic emotes and head nodding.

Once in a while there will be one like Thancred vs WoD or Omega v Shinryu or the final steps of faith but I almost wish there were less cutscenes overall if there were more that had more effort put into them as a tradeoff.

What does my being here in the early hours have to do with bullying some poor sprout who's only crime was being new to the game and not having a full grasp of his job? It's beyond low hanging fruit and you should be ashamed.

As if the msq content is hard enough to require you to know anything. The guy could've gotten through everything just spamming one combo.

I liked SAM 50-60 and MCH.

>Crystal Tower series
So that's why that faggot cat is back.

do hildibrand

Because you should know how your very first combo works by halfway through the first expansion. There's really no excuse. He's probably been playing for nearly 100 hours by this point.

>not being the dnc and getting to judge who to pad

You could say the Conjurer is there to ruin the party.

Attached: 1538377155863.jpg (225x225, 7K)

He's not even spamming a combo, he's using ONE skill.

Dancing outfits like that get me going like nothing else does. Fuuuuuck it's gonna be a long month.

If I can't expect players to have the necessary brainpower to learn to press 1/2/3 in order within their first hour or two of playing, what the fuck am I supposed to do, praise them for their incompetency? I don't even have any idea how you would miss the memo since you'd expect the first thing you'd do when getting a new action is READ THE TOOLTIP/SKILL DESCRIPTION.

incredible

Attached: 1536237421235.jpg (317x267, 22K)

they should make ucob and uwu mandatory clears before letting you access shadowbringers content

Post yfw

Attached: player skill.png (625x57, 84K)

Minus the conjurer "lol meme'ing"
Id say the two healers and the blm are the most competent players based on that screencap. Also the dps who orginally screencapped this can go fuck his about to be brink of death ass

Could it be a bot

The guy is new. He's blowing through msq after msq. If he were doing that in a raid or ex trial then sure, chastise him, but he's not. He's doing what the game has let him get away with. He doesn't know any better.

Agree, hamon mother fucking holy fist was awesome,I couldn't give two shit about that mhigan faggot on the other hand

Thav sarouel was 3.0
Heroic spirit shield was 3.5, 2 years later

Will DRK storyline knowledge be needed to enjoy shadowbringers optimally like DRG was in heavensward?

It is a mistranslation. But it would be nice if it were true.

Is WAR still going to be top tank in the new meta? I saw some utility shit in that job trailer.

I'm assuming you are a troll. You gotta be trolling

Fuck off, this is an uncle ultros thread.

No

pld/drk meta, please enjoy

I want to hug Sophia.

Unlikely since most of it is taking place in an entirely different world.

That said, you should lvl up DRK anyway, partially just in case and partially because it's the best storyline anyway

how come the drk barely has more hp than the cnj

What's possibly trolling about that post?

I’ve been playing as a Paladin for the entirety of the game, but because kino is back on the menu, and it seems fitting, I’m going to switch to a Dark Knight.

Adds to the horrible, don't it?

It's possible the conjurer melded vit though, though I dunno if that alone would be enough

>I couldn't give two shit about that mhigan faggot
Neither could the game. You'd think one of the last fucking monks would have stuff to say, but no. Instead we get the bulk of dialog form his fucking euphoric party who constantly insults and belittles the both of you with his big enlightened brain.

>Watching the LL recordings
>Yoshi-P refers to distance measurements for in-game purposes using メートル (metres)
>live translation turns it into yalms
That answers that. Fuck you Koji. Fuck this game's "localization"

Ah, cheers

I remember seeing a few streamers get visibly triggered when this patch came out and they were going through the MSQ and got to this Godbert bit. Pretty funny.

I thought that Dark phantom fag in the DRK storyline was going to be in shadowbringers MSQ?

>Here's another foul, you stupid mhigger
>Ignore the fact we're probably cutting the damage in half per cast to balance it
>Ignore the fact we did nothing to improve the rotation setup
>But hey, here's a free UI when we inevitably fuck up your leylines with "harder' content
T-t-thanks Yoshi...Favorite job, rite? ha haaaaaa~

Attached: 1557145346831.png (400x400, 185K)

>ffxiv is no more a place for me. hi wow
for real though it probably means absolutely nothing

Where did anything ever say that?

He is gonna be summonable as your lvl 80 ability though

I'm actually kind of dissapointed we're not getting Stone V. It was fun seeing it getting bigger and bigger every expansion

You should do it anyways

Attached: 2016-03-06_00004.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

I bet you bitched about starboard and larboard

Bet you didn't bitch about bright and dark blades, despite that being "worse"

Slaying accessory memes.

Are shieldless PLDs woke or joke?

The sprout mark exists for a reason, to let people know someone is new so there's a good chance they won't play optimally or know everything about any given fight. Shitting on a sprout for not knowing what he's doing is like picking on a retarded kid.

WoWClassic boutta end this mans whole career

Attached: yoshida_int.jpg (225x290, 106K)

I farm o12s just fine as dragoon with 220+ping, just learn the timing of the lag usually moving into the aoe a second before its cast will pull you though just fine

mistranslation. It says
>ゲーム体験を変えることでジョブ差を出す
>Variation between jobs will become more apparent as your personal experience with the game changes/grows

Attached: 1524727377068.png (229x173, 65K)

Why would DRKs be just fighting to prove who's the strongest. That sounds more like a warrior thing. Hell, Paladins start as gladiators, it fits better there then it would with Dark Knight.

>BLM already perfect
>gets single target Flare and Foul, which have higher potencies
>gets a QoL skill to maintain enochian during downtime

Maybe watch the liveletter

Attached: file.png (768x404, 280K)

Post yfw

Attached: IMG-20190525-WA0041.jpg (326x565, 55K)

That's exactly the same except in different words

Attached: 1554547848945.jpg (772x525, 93K)

>we didn't homogenize them, you just aren't good enough
a bold claim

Please. No more hildebrand quests...

STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THIS STUPID TRANNY MMO

starboard larboard was extra fucking stupid since they already established use of Port/Star in Temple of the Fist

PLD is mostly about duty and responsibility. It's a really shitty storyline though.

You can (Not) go home.

Holy fucking crap I love her. This is going to surpass Heavensward

It is saying that class gameplay is going to change. Not that it's getting harder.

got the whole thing?

I'm pretty sure any paladin that doesn't use house fortemps kite shield is a joke

>will never get padded unless I play sam or blm

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Pop Team Epic - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_03.57_[2018.01.13_03.44.34].jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

Ain't she the one who's doing funny dance behnid Soken at Tokyo fanfest?

Its just stupid spam. We never had any threads like this for wow. No one gave a damn about BFA or Legion. This is just marketing crap

lmao my thoughts exactly

I refuse to believe Starboard Larboard is the actual name of an attack

so tank bros we just meld crit now?

All those tanks in full shire gear doing Bardam's. Can't wait.

Not him but the "mistranslation" didn't say it was getting harder either.

Speak for yourself. It's saying jobs will feel less homogeneous the more gameplay experience you gain, not that player skill will be be the deciding factor in how well a job can perform (which should be a given to begin with).

Attached: 1523962768900.png (300x200, 137K)

CT is the only bad thing there
delete graha FUCK

Nope!
I'm not even sure it's real, but it'd be great!

>>BLM already perfect
It takes 15-30 seconds to get the rotation ramped depending on what kind of fire you're standing near/next to. It's atrocious.
>>gets single target Flare and Foul, which have higher potencies
You don't know how those potencies will translate yet. There is no way to make those casts even more effective while letting you dualcast them. It makes absolutely no sense from any angle.
>>gets a QoL skill to maintain enochian during downtime
Already have that. It's called Transpose.

It's not. It's called Starboard/Larboard Laser depending on which direction the boss fires.

How retarded are you. people come in these threads to talk about a game they enjoy. Marketing.. Fuck off

well, where did you get it from?

Attached: z34rofV.jpg (509x639, 140K)

>We never had any threads like this for wow.
i play wow too user. its okay if you dont like ffxiv, just dont lie like that

Attached: 1555257018837.gif (297x202, 1.21M)

It was technically called Starboard Wave Cannon and Larboard Wave Cannon

there has been multiple wow classic threads per day for months, usually simultaneously
shut thef fuck up about it wowbab

It doesnt make any sense for this Korean tier trash to he more popular than wow when wow is easily #1 by millions of subs

I'm hoping wow classic takes a sizable amount of wow refugees away from XIV

There is a fundamental misunderstanding here, and the current mistranslation seems to carry the connotation that a lot of people are picking up on that just isn't there in japanese. More koji shenanigans I would have to assume.

There were tons of wow threads leading up to the release of BFA.

Based. fuck screenshot niggers. I got it when the benchmark first came about though. Thankfully people have relaxed on that for now. Just need to wait for the /vg/ faggots to fuck off.

So you're a jealous shitposting wowfag. Go harass some other thread.

Play the job before you talk about it please

Please I hope so. So many retards jumped ship and are starting to drag down on server culture

Is that eScape remix available anywhere but the job trailer?
I need that shit

I do. I just wish that effort was more a part of the MSQ is all.

It's my main. Your defeat accepted.

i can personally guarantee you that wont be the case

>No one gave a damn about BFA or Legion.
I was here for the BfA and Legion pre-release threads.

It's two attacks called starboard wave cannon and larboard wave cannon, and it became infamous because even on normal you had to read the cast bar to know which side of the boss to stand on to avoid getting nuked.

People bitched really hard about it, I never had that much of an issue with it. I sorta assumed before Omega that starboard and port were common knowledge. Apparently I was wrong. I don't even like boats.