Any chance we'll get an announcement for the next 3D Zelda at E3?

It's been over two years since BotW dropped... and if they're reusing assets, would it be safe to say there's half a chance we might get a logo drop or something?

Hell, they could drop Link's Awakening at E3 to hype BotW2. (sort of like how they dropped BotW's DLC on the spot).

Attached: zelda9.png (400x170, 29K)

It's possible but I wouldn't hold out hope. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Zelda is cross gen with the Switch and whatever comes next like BotW was.

Why would you want more of the same with another BotW style game? One was already more than enough.

they really need to stop doing that lol.

not with link's awakening in the pipeline. probably a tease in early 2020.

I didn't mind the art style. I especially liked the physics. What would be so bad about them having more time to polish the story/sidequests/items?

nah

it'll be revealed in december at the game awards

It would most likely be a carbon copy of the first that keeps all the fundamental flaws with it. Traditional 3D Zelda may have its share of problems but they were still more interesting than BotW.

All I'm saying is that we've seen them reuse assets on several occasions, and it seemed to work out well...
>Ocarina - Majora's Mask
>Link's Awakening - Oracle Seasons/Ages
I'll be far here and admit I didn't really play any of the 3DS games... so I don't know how Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are.

bottom line, their track record is 2 out of 3 at worst.

From a marketing standpoint, they probably wouldn’t want to have two first party Zelda games be shown off without good reason. They probably just stick with Link’s Awakening this year and do another one next year.

ya, probably :(

I'm expecting a "We've begun work on the next mainline Zelda title" the screen simply showing the LoZ general logo with a "2020" under it.

That's because the original product was good in the first place at its core in both cases. BotW is questionable at best, although I don't doubt they'd do it still.

Fair point. I disagree... but ya, fair point.

Would Twilight Princess have been the best Zelda if they kept the Cell shaded graphics & had the game take place entirely in the Twilight Realm?

Nah Cell shaded graphics wouldn't fit the direction they wanted to take Twilight Princes. I kinda wish they had kept WW's cell-shaded aesthetic for BoTW though.

>muh cell shading
twwfags are insufferable

wolf link fucking sucked

COPE, Twilight Princess factually had horrible graphics, sound design & art style. Edgy realism fags are the only ones that will defend it

niggers

Wind Wanker was a shitty, unfinished game.

> Bbbut Wind Waker
Obsessed, it's irrelevant to this conversation since we are talking about Twilight Princess

>edgy realism
there's nothing realistic about twilight princess artstyle you literal mongoloid

I swear to fucking god if Link's Awakening gets anything more than a 1 minute trailer I'll be pissed. Just remind us what the game is and show some new thing if there is one then move on. We know what the fucking game is.

>Let's break up the last third of the game into 15 more hours of looking for the triforce!
What were they thinking?

Attached: hope.jpg (766x960, 104K)

Isn't there usually a longer wait between mainline Zelda games? We just had BoTW 2 years back

Skyward Sword was a dull piece of shit game that proved the previous 3D Zelda formula was stale and in need to die already.

Not a chance.

Skyward sword might have been shit, but BoTW was an interesting idea just executed poorly.

You already got celshaded TP with SS and it was a fucking piece of shit.

There are many factors at play, but you could be seeing around 4 years, the only thing is that fans are smart enough to see the potential of a direct sequel to Breath of the Wild, but Nintendo themselves aren't.

Maybe, but so far that has only happened to Zeldas on consoles that have underperformed. Skyward Sword came out at the tail end of the Wii's life, but wasn't cross gen with WiiU.
>but the game was designed around the Wiimote
BotW was designed around the WiiU gamepad, but it was delayed so they can remove gamepad functionality to give the WiiU version parity with Switch.

I know you feel strongly about this, but please capitalize the G next time. thanks!

I very highly doubt they're going to make a BotW2. Nintendo has never been one to set on their laurels with the Zelda series. Every title is almost drastically different from the next in theme or execution. Just because BotW was successful doesn't mean they'll ape it a second time. Fuck, OoT was fucking huge and they followed up with one of the most eclectic games in the series when they could have just rehashed OoT and done well

Bless you, senpai.

>a bunch of shitty 3D Zeldas were garbage
>NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, IT'S THE ZELDA FORMULA THAT'S THE PROBLEM
Or maybe it's because most 3D Zeldas are shit.

BoTW was fine, it was just empty. If it had better combat, more enemies, and shrines weren't shit, it'd be the best since MM

Skyward Sword is literally only seen as shit in the ways that it deviated from the N64 and Gamecube games. I haven't heard a single complaint about the conventions kept the same.

This is a quality shitpost.

Skyward Sword isn't cel shaded. Why do people not understand what Cel shaded is, it's shading with no or extremely limited gradients in it's shading, Skyward Sword has actual gradients between light and darkness, they look like they've been tightened up like Team Fortress but they are still there. Here's TF2 actually cel shaded, look at the hard falloff between the light and dark areas on the character

Attached: actually_cel_shaded.jpg (1003x847, 235K)

I looked at the space between games just yesterday. It's true it's getting longer... but you're thinking of launch, not announcement.

it was a 3 year gap between SS and the announcement of BotW. It's been heavily speculated that they are reusing assets for a direct sequel to BotW (seeing as how popular it was). It will MOST LIKELY be announced next year some time, but there's a case for a name drop at least this E3.

>the original was good at it's core
>hurdur botw is shit mate
Dude stop already please. It's been two years. The 'core' of botw would be the physics, artstyle, and engine/models. Pull your head out of your ass and actually see that.

Taking all that, building on top of it, and making a totally different story/world would do just fine.

I'm actually 100% serious. :)

I like the concept of BotW but I don't think they made it enough like Zelda 1. My biggest issue with the game was how, despite making it open and freeform and heavily based on exploration, they went and railroaded the dungeons behind linear, scripted segments. I remember back when they were demoing the game, they were running around the field and came across some nayural landmarks and one of the guy's demoing said something like "Hey this looks interesting. There's probably a dungeon nearby" and it instantly made me think of pic related. I figured the game would have 6-8 dungeons and you would find them organically while exploring and could do them in any order just like the first game

I was so disappointed with what they actually went with, and have no idea why they did that misleading showcase. Fuck. If they do another 'BotW', I hope they go the whole mile and leave the dungeons open

Attached: TLoZ_Level-2_Entrance.png (1024x672, 15K)

>The 'core' of botw would be the physics, artstyle, and engine/models.
Art style and models are not core, physics/engine is questionable because of how basic and redundant it is, and the same goes for shrines. The combat is also absolutely thoughtless.

That's what makes it a quality shitpost, it doesn't even matter whether or not you're serious.

The time is increasing between releases but Breath of the Wild suffered significant delays.

There's nothing to indicate that Nintendo are developing a direct sequel that reuses assets or even the engine. You're forgetting how inept Nintendo are. Good Feel developed an in house engine for Yoshi's Wooly World, and the game looked and ran great, so naturally for Crafted World they used Unreal engine, and the game looked marginally better, but ran worse and ran at lower resolutions. Nintendo probably employ external just to tie their shoelaces, because they are among the most inept publishers in the gaming landscape.

the combat is far better and deeper than anything else in the series, you just need to actually experiment with the mechanics

feels like I'll still be repeating the same talking points in 2 years

>the combat is far better and deeper than anything else in the series
Go play Zelda 2 and then say that.
>you just need to actually experiment with the mechanics
You never need to experiment with anything, it's optional and doesn't provide benefit worth the effort. Flurry rush and inventory food invalidate any sort of intelligence put into it.

Cel Shading is shit.
Wind Waker HD looked way better.

>the game doesn't FORCE me so it's bad!
you're a literal woman

>I just used a strawman so I'm RIGHT!
You are a literal retard.

Nintendo doesnt care about what fans want they only drop stuff when is convenient for them. You should know this by now esp since Nin dropped from any sort of console competition.

Two things A) the best parts of the game were the linear parts; the Plateau, the Zora segment, etc. B) I agree with you. They need to get rid of divine beasts/shrines and bring back real dungeons.

how is that a strawman you cocksucker, you literally said "i-it's optional!!" as if it invalidated the actual depth of the mechanics

of course it's optional you daft faggot, the entire central concemt of the game is freedom, autists like you have been reeeeing about the lack of restriction in the game's design and treating it as an objective flaw for years while that's exactly the appeal of the game, what a fucking headache

It really pissed me off too that they passed it off as being like Zelda 1 and a bit of every other 3D Zelda when it was something different entirely.
I don't understand what made people jump onto the BotW bandwagon anyway. Was it just marketed better?

>I remember back when they were demoing the game, they were running around the field and came across some nayural landmarks and one of the guy's demoing said something like "Hey this looks interesting. There's probably a dungeon nearby" and it instantly made me think of pic related.
Yeah, they were talking about shrines, there was nothing misleading about it. The game operates just like that too. Which you find organically, and can complete in any order too. There’s what, 120 shrines with easily 8 dungeons worth of puzzles and content inside. The big “real” dungeons/temples can. E done in any order, with some linear story/gameplay segments leading up to them once initiated. I know that’s not what you want, but like I said, the shrines are exactly what you wanted from what you posted.

>you literally said "i-it's optional!!" as if it invalidated the actual depth of the mechanics
Go reread my post.
>of course it's optional you daft faggot, the entire central concemt of the game is freedom
If you have 2 options provided that accomplish the same thing, what the fuck is the point in doing the one that takes more effort? Why does it matter whether it's "free" if it doesn't actually make any tangible difference?

because it looks cool? because it's creative? because you want to fully explore the mechanics, because you're curious to see how far you can push the interactions between the different systems? and mostly because that's the entire fucking point of the game, here's a giant playground and a big toolbox, have fun

but no, reeeeee it doesn't railroad me into a rollercoster ride that keeps me entertained like a literal add ridden child for 20 hours so it's shit!

>because it looks cool? because it's creative? because you want to fully explore the mechanics, because you're curious to see how far you can push the interactions between the different systems?
So meaningless fluff then.
>here's a giant playground and a big toolbox, have fun
There are already games actually meant to do this that are a lot better, it serves no purpose in BotW and isn't necessarily what the developers intended.
>but no, reeeeee it doesn't railroad me into a rollercoster ride that keeps me entertained like a literal add ridden child for 20 hours so it's shit!
Back to strawman, huh?

>So meaningless fluff then.
nice buzzwords, jew

sorry didn't realize playing vidya was that incredibly meaningful experience, I naively thought it was about entertainment

>nice buzzwords, jew
>sorry didn't realize playing vidya was that incredibly meaningful experience, I naively thought it was about entertainment
So you've given up on an actual argument then? In that case,
Go back, underage.

You're right but I still wouldn't have your hopes for a second 3D Zelda to come out on the Switch until MAYBE the end of its life cycle. Unless the next Nintendo console has BC like Sony and Microsoft seem to be pushing next gen it makes sense for them to release another huge Zelda title on multiple platforms to maximize revenue.

>muh pol
oh fuck it's really a kike

i fucking hate BotW!

>still no argument
>kike
Why even bother replying?

They aren't comparing it to Zelda I, or any other Zelda game. They are comparing it to Ubisoft games, and when compared to those it stands head and shoulders above them.

guys stop arguing in my thread so much. remember, we're all pals here.

TP is the best zelda

When I say they, I'm referring to Nintendo at the E3 reveal and probably the Game Awards too.

My mistake then.

Attached: Mario has a seasure and dies.gif (400x278, 1.94M)

cel-shading only made the series worse so no

SS was bad due to its directing and the Wii's focus on casual players, it didn't need to dump out the entire formula for more open world schlock that's been available for a decade

the generic open-world formula that botw adopted isn't any less stale.
what they really need to shake up is the setting. where's my persona/twewy-esque urban fantasy zelda?