He knows some are serious, but he doesn’t think characters like Ironman and Goku will happen

nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-masahiro-sakurai-no-goku-ballot/

>He knows some are serious, but he doesn’t think characters like Ironman and Goku will happen

FUCK

Attached: sak.jpg (656x369, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVVulLuvkWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

spics btfo

>He wants Smash to be more casual and see non-competitive tournaments. Smash is a party game.

What the fuck is wrong with this gook? It is quite literally a fighting game.

>Smash is a party game
OH NO NO NO

>Snake beat Bayonetta in the Smash4 ballot but wasnt added because Konami already said no

Thank goodness Bayo made it to two Smash entries on time. I wonder if Ultimate will eventually add her outfit in Bayonetta 3 though. Would be a nice touch.

Attached: 0ec.gif (500x497, 318K)

Thank fucking god.

Spic here. I legitimately voted for Bayonetta.

SEETHING SMASH KIDDIE

CRONO CONFIRMED

I voted for Wonder Red.

>its a fighting game
>make party game
>call it a party game
>only smelly autists will call smash bros a fighting game despite what the developer says.

>He doesn’t follow internets reaction so didn’t know all the fan predictions.
Honestly, with all the bullshit fans come up with, I can't really blame him.

Attached: 1557421543223.jpg (927x1024, 66K)

>Bayonetta was the first pick among realizable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected. (p63)

Who else do you think was considered, Yea Forums? The only guesses I could hazard are probably Dante and a Monster Hunter.

Also kinda wonder what changed between the Smash 4 Ballot and Ultimate for Konami to not only let Snake join, but allow Simon+Richter and a fuck ton of Castlevania wank, too.

Attached: 1549047725051.jpg (400x300, 29K)

well what about Naruto then

What do the characters do in the game, oh enlightened one?

>“He is not fond of the idea of the season pass. Its a little scary to buy without knowing the contents.”
At least he’s honest

We don't need 'em

Attached: rash at e3.png (394x308, 241K)

party

Eternally blown the fuck out forever.

Smash is a CANON party game. You have no argument for the rest of time.

Attached: 1557729697197.png (638x473, 191K)

I voted for Bomberman.

Attached: 1527305884170.jpg (351x423, 46K)

Me too, hug time?

based spic bro

Attached: 1417815781549.png (210x211, 94K)

>He treats character’s individuality as its own game itself. All the unique systems certain characters has are all newly built just for him/her. (p69)
fucking hilarious

Attached: 1558279421293.png (451x670, 205K)

>I voted for Travis Touchdown

Attached: AA9E0ED8-FB6B-4667-8E98-16828DCF16FF.jpg (586x651, 55K)

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=aVVulLuvkWg

I don't know why he still pretends Bayonetta wasn't planned since before the ballot started

I voted for Snake, get fucked faggots, he beat the ballot winner

You fight with video game characters, so its a party game, right? Gotcha. I don't expect some Jap foreveralone corporate slave cat fucking middle aged twink who can't even speak English to know the ramifications of a party fucking game.

Do YOU see any Mario Party tournaments? Cuz I sure as fuck don't. Its a fighting game.

It's been years, and people are still salty as fuck.

Attached: salty.gif (400x400, 1.73M)

He's in cuz everyone is here.

Sakurai is the Japanese version of Todd Howard. Such blatant bulllshit.

>tfw voted for Geno
There's always next game

Attached: 1553501775036.jpg (427x427, 81K)

Did he ever mention on his Cloud got in the game?

I honestly wanted to see kid Goku in the game. I stopped giving a shit about the autism that goes behind who "deserves" to be in the game. Oh well, I still have FighterZ.

Spic here, i voted for Isaac.

>There was a plan to include a map like the Spirits to the Adventure Mode in Smash Melee. (p211)
Why is no one talking about this? We almost got based Adventure Mode from Melee back. Fuck, I hope they actually do it for the next game.

If all those persons hadn't wasted their votes on characters like Goku, Shrek, and Ironman, probably Bayo wouldn't have won. Snake didn't make the cut in the last game due to the Kojima x Konami incident though. Once thing calmed down, not only we got Snake back, but also the Belmonts.

Reading comprehension.

Hes talked about cloud before, he was the most voted Final Fantasy rep so he got in, he even said Square was confused why he didn't want someone recent like Lightning, because Square is unironically that retarded/shilly/out of touch

Attached: 1558649089150.jpg (1090x1128, 295K)

it's pretty common knowledge that her data was in before the ballot ended
even at this point why would people be angry when a lot assumed k. rool won

>We almost got based Adventure Mode from Melee back.
Why do people hype up Melee adventure mode so much? It was barely anything.

read again idiot

Unlikely. They're keeping to 8 costumes per character, and adding Bayo3 outfits would either require more than 8, or changing already existing outfits.

>Geno

Attached: smug.jpg (324x319, 37K)

>Dante
>Capcom said they'd consider it if DMC was on the Switch
>That's happening now

Attached: persona-5-the-animation1.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>Also kinda wonder what changed between the Smash 4 Ballot and Ultimate for Konami to not only let Snake join, but allow Simon+Richter and a fuck ton of Castlevania wank, too.
Probably the Kojima vs. Konami trilogy.

Shit was far more fun than WOL.

Kojima getting fired and losing all the Metal Gear rights. With him no longer fucking around and wasting money, Konami could now patiently have talks with Sakurai and Nintendo.

>Dante
We don't need more shitty newcomers.

Attached: laugh.jpg (800x431, 45K)

you know who he didn't mention?

Attached: 15XOTWe.jpg (3891x2000, 1.02M)

hackurai never stopped adding em, what'll change now?

Dante is a FAR better choice than garbage suggestions like Dixie Kong or other immature, cartoony characters.

thanks for the invitation!

Attached: 6a01157147ecba970c01bb09147eff970d-800wi.png (523x564, 355K)

>Wasting a character slot for Dante, when there's already Bayonetta
DMCucks are pathetic.

literally goku tier

>reee no cartoony characters in my cartoony fighting game
cringe manchild

Who does Yea Forums think was turned down by other parties when Nintendo approached them? I can't really think of any:

>Capcom plays ball all the time, so I doubt Monster Hunter or Dante were denied by Capcom
>Sega most likely wouldn't say no to any other DLC characters
>Konami represents all relevant characters already
>Square Enix, while stingy, probably wouldn't say no to any other characters from their games showing up
>IIRC, somebody important said Sora is still a possibility and not denied by SE or Disney

Thoughts? Maybe Goku?

don't ever say the number one princess in the world is on the same tier as goku

Attached: 834857348495.png (900x599, 870K)

>immature, cartoony characters literally beat Dante to Smash

Attached: 4bf.gif (1043x510, 143K)

My best bets are Sora or Undertale honestly

K.Rool and especailly Ridley are fine. However, we need more characters like Cloud, Dante etc.

>Sora
I think Sora would be the most realistic case, especially because I doubt Disney would negotiate much and Nintendo would have to follow their rules.
>Undertale
Unless they gave Toby a really shitty deal, I couldn't see it. I mean, Deltarune has Smash references?

>ree no humanoid characters in my party game
Dante or not you’re without a doubt getting another “anime” dlc character. Faggot

>no kino smash trailer fakeout with sakurai wearing an eyepatch telling tony stark about the smash initiative

why even live bros

Banjo Kazooie babeeeeeey

Goku and overrated ass Marvel characters got straight up btfo'd babeeeeeey

Give me them Zoomer tears babeeeeey

But if it ends up being somebody else, then oh well. I can always just play the OG games.

Attached: 1485340046_9yYYVwC.jpg (324x232, 26K)

>However, we need more characters like Cloud, Dante etc.
We already have bayonetta and ryu/ken

>No Iron Man
I don't know why, but this made me kinda sad. Would have been cool to see.

>cringe manchild
The sad thng is that DMCucks are unironically more than 30 year old manchildren. New generations don't care for the franchise at all.

I always thought people asking for Goku was a joke, but there were a lot of pretty damn good Dragonball games on Nintendo hardware...

Attached: cover.jpg (498x391, 79K)

It is a party game mascot fighter. Not a ln actual fighting game. Learn to enjoy it as what it is you ignoramus.

>He wants non competitive tournaments
But the whole point of a tournament is to compete and win???

Joker with his mask on doesn't look that anime-ish.

>western indie shit
No

NO NO NO NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Attached: 1.png (906x988, 139K)

Most people who want Goku in just want him in but don't actually expect him to get in the game.

Others just ask him to be in as a joke or trolling. Nobody genuinely thought Goku had a chance

Look, I’m one of the biggest Miku fans around, but you’re delusional if you even think she remotely has a chance. Her origins are not video game related.

I'd trade Simon for him in a heartbeat.

Attached: 1447371731041.jpg (272x287, 28K)

>Mr. Japan

>The sole reason anyone knows those dolphin killing nuke test slants even exist anymore

>Nobody genuinely thought Goku had a chance

>>Nobody genuinely thought Goku had a chance
people who asked for Goku just do that to piss people like you off.

smashfags always seethe at Goku for some reason, it's hilarious

>voted for bandana dee and/or a TF2 character
literally either of these would be an insta-buy for me

or any modern kirby char

PLEASE SAKURAI-SAMA
JUST LET ME IIIIIIIIIIN

Attached: 5fd.png (1920x1035, 941K)

I cannot begin to imagine the joy I will feel when he gets in. I will bathe in your tears. I will lather myself in as you lament. I will shout "This one's for you Ridleyfags" as my semen blasts into orbit shattering the moon the moment Sakurai regretfully announces him.

Remember, he who laughs last, laughs best.

LET IT FUCKING GO ALREADY! Banjo is not special just because he was a part of YOUR childhood! Objectively speaking, he's just some third party character that ever only had 2 games on Nintendo consoles, 20 YEARS AGO. He's not iconic. He's not widely known. He is not relevant. He won't bring in new players to Smash Bros. He's not significant in the slightest, except for his exceptionally loud fanbase with a massive victim complex. Look at ALL the third party characters we have. Do you not see what they have that Banjo doesn't? They are all a mixture of being iconic, relevant, well known, or helping Smash tap into new fanbases. Banjo-Kazooie were relevant for a couple of years. They were never on the same level as other characters at the time such as Lara Croft or Crash. Shit. Even the fucking Gex series managed to outsell Banjo's games. FUCKING BUBSY is still getting games while Banjo hasn't gotten one in over a decade. GET OVER YOUR CEREAL MASCOT LOOKIN-ASS NOSTALGIA CARTOON BEAR YOU GODDAMN VIRGIN MANCHILDREN. HE SUCKS ABSOLUTE ASS. HE IS NEVER GOING TO BE PLAYABLE.

It's so prominently requested at this point that I'd wager it's pretty much inevitable, now. It'll happen at some point. Maybe not in this fighter pass, maybe not even in the next game. But it'll happen.

spic here! I can proudly say I've voted for Reimu

this is actually pretty good, who made this?

It's the same deal with competitive Pokemon. Fans will try to make it competitive friendly but the core game just wasn't designed with a meta in mind.

Super taste João.

Attached: Reimu.png (1626x1398, 467K)

there's no way mario, link, or kirby could hold back goku like that.

Well, a failed negotiation implies the company being very defensive over the IP or trying to outjew Nintendo.

I don't find that surprising at all, on the other hand
>some companies rejected their characters being in smash

Didn’t square try to make Cloud dlc so they could get more money? Or was that fake?

good taste bro

I was the one who originally made that moveset a year ago. I think I'll update it with the rest of her attacks sooner or later.

Attached: Touhou Symbol sig.png (127x126, 20K)

>kept Simon's old look instead of leatherman KH reject
>told Namco to eat shit and used Pacman's old look instead of shilling their shitty cartoon
>rejected Lightning because he actually plays video games and knows how much people love Cloud
>got Konami to hand over Snake even after the Kojumbo fiasco
Smash isn't perfect but fuck if Samurai isn't a pretty cool guy

I can see that because Smash 4 was on the wiiu so publishers probably saw it as a loss of revenue because of how shit it sold. And I think of the Switch’s success is the reason why Konami coughed up so much castlevania shit

I thought the MH producer wanted the attention to be on the monsters and not the hunters? That's why they rejected them in most other fighting games and why rathalos is the MH rep without an actual fighter

Toby is an odd case. I could see him taking the deal for an UT rep but I could also see him saying no just to troll his fanbase. He already rused everybody by adding a Smash reference in Deltarune.

I know right? And some random villager being able to go against Ganondorf? Its fucking stupid. Just like the idea that a fucking gorilla could seriously take on Bayonetta. How anyone could take Smash seriously is ridiculous.

>He already rused everybody by adding a Smash reference in Deltarune.
How is that a ruse?

I remember how much devs shat on the switch before it came out because of how bad the wiiu was. There was even a company (I think they made graphic cards) that was asked by Nintendo if they could help develop the switch and responded with a public “fuck off”.
Considering in Japan the switch already outsold the Japanese sales of the ps4, so it was a good investment.

Japan already officially named Doraemon, Pikachu & Mario their most iconic characters. Cope more

*4 games

The only Banjo game that hasn’t been on a Nintendo platform is Nuts and Bolts but that’ll change when Rare Replay comes to Switch.

but there have been official Pokemon tournaments since gen 1

>I was the one who originally made that moveset a year ago
Small world, your moveset inspired me too.
>I think I'll update it with the rest of her attacks sooner or later.
If you are doing so, I have a few suggestions: the orbs could bounce from the duplex shield to make them persist more, they could also grow in strength with each bounce until eventually exploding (think the soccer ball physics) rather than being destroyed with any counter attack, finally, releasing multiple orbs at once would send them in different trajectories so they will bounce diffefently (some going higher and slower while others going lower and faster). Another idea was the Hakurei amulet being charged in between frames, this way you can do combos like using the orbs and, on the middle of the attack, also charging the amulets. Finally, tapping B would use the persuation needles instead of the amulets, they would travel straight forward in groups of three (pretty much like the AoCF equivalent).

Of course these are just ideas so add whatever you want.

Attached: Shrine.png (784x3656, 1.93M)

This
On the bright side, the ballot gave us Ridley, K.Rool and Belmonts, but even so, it gave more wings to the rosterfags

Shcrodinger's shitpost, I dunno.

True but gen 1 also had pokemon designed to be objectively superior to all others. Hell, if they really gave a damn about balance they would have done something about speed and evasion being so hilariously broken.

>but he doesn’t think characters like Ironman and Goku will happen

That's because he's eyeing for the ONLY american rep that's important in Japan

Attached: spider pheromones are wokring for me.gif (500x300, 2.68M)

>He thinks games should not be created based on researched data alone and saying games only born to imitate other games are misfortune. Those data should be used for marketings or managements, not to plan new games. Old data are old. (p133)
The most based man to exist in the industry.

Bring it in boys
I honestly don't know if I would. I would trade every other single newcomer for him, but the Castlevania content in Smash is absolutely phenomenal. Simon and Richter are easily Ultimate's best newcomers in terms of what they brought to the game with them.

Attached: 1547045081349.jpg (1280x842, 108K)

It's our turn Warmachine bros.

Attached: War_machine.jpg (234x396, 17K)

>Beyonetta was the first pick among realisable characters. Above her, there were old veterans like Snake and other characters that were already tried negotiating but got rejected.

So it was Konami's doing huh?

Warmachine and Spidey CHADS

As a Gokufag I admit defeat but will cheer on for your accomplishments

Attached: gohan.jpg (640x895, 47K)

point being that just because the game wasn't designed to be necessarily balanced around competitive play doesn't mean the creators aren't interested in supporting competitive play

>Who else do you think was considered, Yea Forums?
I'm guessing any other Square Enix characters (probably Geno) or any other Konami characters (Bomberman and Castlevania characters, the latter of which would eventually get in)

Ah, I wasn't claiming that Nintendo didn't cared, sorry if you got the wrong idea. My point is that Smash at its core isn't a balanced game to create a healthy meta from. It is possible to do it but they would need to rework everything from scratch like PM tried to do.

Imagine if SE insisted on Noctis to shill XV, the timing would have been amazing
>hey look, it's Noctis from XV
>oh wait, Tabata quit and his studio got dissolved and DLC is cancelled and the XV extended universe is dead

Oh wow a new copypasta! Complete with dumb bullshit and easy flaws to point out! It's all capped off with salt and tears!
Thank you random internet stranger!

I voted for shadow

Chicano here. I voted for young link and shilled ridley a lot.

Further proof that legacy is more important than relevancy.

Smash RIGHT NOW is considered the most balanced it's ever been.

Fair enough. I guess the incentive to become more comp friendly is going somewhere.

I've gotten tired of saying who I want in, I'm just in it for the ride. Here's hoping you guys get your most wanted and that they're fun to play!

Thanks but it will take a lot of faith for my pick.

Who's that might I ask?

I voted for Geno

Attached: 1366581562858.png (413x495, 43K)

>mfw I voted for & gave a detailed essay about why isaac should be in smash

Attached: 14802789.png (799x557, 34K)

>Ironman
I never knew I wanted this until now

SIT THE FUCK DOWN, SPICS

SMASH IS FOR VIDYA ONLY

Attached: 1555961009561.jpg (1022x718, 106K)

>but the core game just wasn't designed with a meta in mind.
yea if this was gen 1 you'd be right. if you actually play the games you see plenty of things that Gamefreak add just for PvP balance. especially since Nintendo's been sanctioning official doubles battle tournaments for a decade now.

Why the fuck do people think Sora is likely to be chosen now? Like are you people fucking retarded? All he's got going for him is popularity and joker clearly showed it's not about that. A disney character is not getting into smash.

I'm like 90% sure K. Rool did win or they wouldn't have put in the Mii costume.

Steve
Waluigi
Banjo & Kazooie
Dovahkiin

After the last pass character comes out, can they finally release the vote numbers? I voted for Bayo, and even I wonder more about the everything else relative popularity.

every day his chances grow stronger

Attached: eliteknight-mizuiko.png (1280x1811, 1.1M)