Is it worth building your own computer with current graphic card prices or just go pre-built?

Is it worth building your own computer with current graphic card prices or just go pre-built?

Attached: 1553604890145.png (478x603, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMy1zO8m8sM
youtube.com/watch?v=YTgyIboSZxQ
logicalincrements.com/
wikihow.com/Build-a-Computer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that dumb nig doesn't even have a graphics card

Built your own if you want to try something new. Buy if you just want a computer.

I suspect he just pulled it out for some rason as two of the backplates are missing where a graphics card would possibly go.

tfw you will never invent your own computer

Attached: 1547786911891.png (550x700, 160K)

Blacks are the best inventors.

Where’s the desktop screen coming from, then?

>thought it was a joke
>it's not

Integrated graphics

How do you pronounce Ngoka?

Protip: Buy a PS4.

Current graphics card prices don't matter, because anyone with common sense would buy graphics cards that are compatible with Windows 7.

Attached: The Boondocks.jpg (618x348, 31K)

>You now remember clock boy

It's annoying that the media basically could have covered this story in a nice and respectable way because it's cool to see an 11 year old millennial do something with their hands, but then you have most likely some 50 year old boomer who doesn't know shit about computers write about it and make himself and by extension, the kid, look dumb as fuck

Computer is obviously not on. Look at the fan in the back. That monitor is obviously another computer... Or was just shopped in by the media because he's too dumb to figure out how to slot the gfx card in and plug the fan in. Take your pick.

Attached: 1548274909190.jpg (400x396, 28K)

Niggoka

like ngoka

N'gubu.

>11 year old millennial

Attached: flyy.gif (350x196, 1.5M)

paid my 10 year brother to build my PC its basically legos I just installed the cpu and fan to the motherboard and told him to stick this shit and other shit on the motherboard and just plug the wires to all the parts and 3 hours later i see that it actually boots

youtube.com/watch?v=KMy1zO8m8sM

Is there an age group after millennial? Am I drawing a blank or being retarded?

I too have invented many computers since the late 90’s. I am a genius really.

Everything about that was retarded, but having Burger police interrogate an 11 year old and not being able to tell it wasn't a bomb from just looking at the clock was hilarious.

Prebuilts are fine if you can get what you want. If they put a lot of junk in it that you have to replace, you're basically buying garbage, though.
As far as graphics cards go, unless youre going for 4k ultra settings, you can safely ignore the high end cards anyway.
I just built a computer, but im using my old card because i wont buy RTX. Shits still fine

generation z
aka iGeneration 1997 to present

Millennials are 1980 to 1995 dumbo. Gen Z is 1996 to present

*2000 to present.

yes, you're retarded

Buying pre-built is fucking retarded because they use shit chink PSU, mobos and RAM. For the same price, you can build a quality build with a PSU that won't shit the bed and ruin your entire system.

Or you could just choose a prebuilt that has good parts.

1996 to present.

Attached: Image-1-1_v2.png (711x571, 124K)

Yeah. The group after millennial is post-millennial (1995-1999). Then there's Gen Z, which is everything after.

>millenial
>isn't kids born after 2000
doesn't really seem that millenial to me.

Nah that's the invention.
A gaming PC without a graphics card.

They all use chink parts unless you pay a big premium retard tax because you're too stupid to assemble a Lego set

Barkley? You mean that thing little girls like?

TFW Gen Z is old enough to have kids and the first of whatever is after Gen Z has already been born.

Attached: 1508741087016.jpg (321x322, 11K)

Thanks for not disappointing me with the standard racist blast from some hillbilly dumbfuck that is inevitable anytime a minorities image is posted to this site.

The grade school intellect it takes to have irrational hate towards someone because they have more melanin in their skin than you do...pure dumbfuck.

You embarrass me, a Caucasian male, and I hope you get syphilis of the eyes you stupid shit-kicking TrumpZombie...

Almost exactly as it's written.

It's Nigerian I think and they have that sound with a long 'N' at the beginning and then a 'g'.

>currently stuck in the worst gen by far
When does it get better?

The term millennial implies they were old enough to remember the turn of the millennium you fucking retard

didnt read faggot LOL

Yeah sure it was totally a clock bro

I couldn't have said it better myself, my good gentlesir.

Attached: 1505697855915.jpg (540x527, 14K)

I read the original article and he didnt have enough for a gpu but was saving for one. Either way he didnt invent shit and while building your own PC at that age is somewhat impressive its not worthy of an article in anything other than the school paper.

Weird that the great recession is under GenZ when it's GenY that was hurt by it the most.

>tfw the newsies were right but Yea Forums didn't realize

The place I get all my parts from has prebuilts where you can swap out most of the parts, so you can choose good parts if you want. And you're paying maybe $50 on top of the actual price of parts for a fairly top end system.
Mind you I've never gotten a prebuilt since I've seen the kind of morons who get IT type jobs and I wouldn't trust them, but it's not too steep a price if you're lazy or stupid. I've recommended them to my friends in the past.

Then I'm confused as to why the fuck he pulled those backplates off when he didn't even have a gpu. But whatever.

Attached: 1512831081611.png (637x480, 249K)

>building your own PC at that age is somewhat impressive

It literally isn't. You don't have to know jack shit to use PC Partpicker, plug components into a mobo and screw some stuff together. Easy as putting legos together.

Attached: 1558748860965.jpg (452x586, 38K)

What always bothered me the most about this whole thing is the "saving 600 euros" part

Based Silent Generation user checking in.

You tell 'em, 2019 guy

Grandpa got out of the old folks home again.

>tfw 780 is still run everything i play

i think ill upgrade to a 980ti in a few years

Attached: gabe1.jpg (504x360, 25K)

He is a kid and was probably just fooling around with it, or maybe getting it out of the way for later.

Also his dad had some IT experience so how much he truly did on his own is suspect.

how does it feel getting your ass wiped by some nurse

right? my sister (gen y) graduated one year after the recession, she couldn’t find work for a couple years.

Oh it's nice that they managed to track down his dad.

Its not just about basic compatibility though. Either way the average 11 year old cant do fuck all most the time. Of course we all know if he was white or asian this article wouldnt even exist.

You arent suprised by it yet you still choose to be offended.

I too am a computer inventor.

I've been out of the pc building scene for a while so I'm not current on part prices but haven't they stabilized a bit more since all that bitcoin bs took over? I've noticed a few places have stock at msrp or did I just catch them at a good time?

>"... invented a high spec computer..."
>invented
WHAT

we wuz pcbuilders and sheiiiit

>tfw you start up the computer you just invented and nothing happens

Attached: 356421099.png (800x450, 228K)

If you really know how to build one, with cooling and all the bells and whistles, then go buy them piece by piece and build it. If you seem to lack brain cells and can't even put together an IKEA furniture flat pack, go buy pre-built. If you have some brain cells but are too lazy/incompetent to get every piece, go barebones (case-mobo-CPU bundles or something) then get the rest.

I invented my computer 7 years ago, slowly reinvented parts of it over the years, and then re-reinvented it for my dad after invent-reventing a new invention for myself.

Richfag here. I kind of want the 2080Ti but I can't help but feel insulted from the ripoff price. Is there another premium product for me or should I just get it?

I game on 1440/60 and 1080/144 and I want to get into high-end VR as well.

If you try to look for good deals on each parts then it's better to build because it could save you a hundred bucks or more. And if you're worried about gpu price go amd.

>Translation: Buy a PS4, when the console is about to die/lose support because the latest iteration is coming soon
Nice try, Snoy. No one's gonna buy a soon-to-be-dead platform with only a few actual games and censorship to offer.

youtube.com/watch?v=YTgyIboSZxQ

Today, for the first time in my 2 year long IT job, I took 3 PCs, vultured the shit out of them and made a shitty Dual Core 1.5GB RAM, 2 HDD, 2 DVD drive frankenstein. Plugged 3 extra fan coolers, one of them being really retarded/cute because it takes an expansion slot in the case. I installed K-Lite Codec Pack on the already installed and cracked Windows 7 Professional and updated it's drivers with based Russkie's DriverPack™

And they're paying me for it.

1080ti or a 2080 is probably the best thing you could get. If you don't already have a high end you could get a cheap vega 64 and put an aftermarket cooler on it.

shut up darkie

>pick out parts on logicalincrements.com/
>go to wikihow.com/Build-a-Computer
>literally just follow the fucking guide
>invent your own computer like Doctor Joshua Ngoka did
This shit is not news.

Attached: invent definition.png (709x356, 29K)

>ywn save the smile

Attached: 1556912482384.png (783x810, 965K)

>2020 at the earliest
While the prices on current gen games drop, the problem is finding them. Even Amazon and GameStop no longer sell certain games that were once plentiful.

>This shit is not news.
Yeah thanks for that, brainlet.

Just go to /g/ and find their /pcbg/ thread and lurk for a few weeks. They have good information on their OPs for beginners. As for putting it all together, it's really just a different form of Legos.

Ps4 is being supported for 3 more years.

>1080ti
Good luck

>being white
lmaoing my ass off

tfw invented my own new sandwhich

>1080ti
Fuck me, I just checked the prices. To think I felt bad nabbing one for $800 last year.

post specs

Gen z or better known as “zoomers”

highlight of my day. that and the opioids.

You can save mine anytime, user~

The crypto craze is over, pre-builts are back to being shit. You can build a decent 1080p 60 fps machine for 500 burgers and a decent 1440p 60 fps machine for 800 burgers.

whoa how did he invent that bros? god blacks are so smart lol

>be me around that one time Pokémon go came out
>sitting at a park waiting for friend to show up
>be on phone
>old man sees me and starts talking to me
>”get off your damn phone there more to life than pokerman go”
>”I’m not playing pokemon go though”
>”retarded millennial”
>”I’m not a millennial either, I was born 98”
>”worthless retard”
>walks away and I can hear him mumbling about millennials

Why are old people rude sometimes?

> minesweeper pro reporting in

Just remind them that they'll be dead soon.

Boomers are scum, no way around it.

All fucking niggers must fucking hang.

>Invents

Attached: uwot.jpg (1080x603, 107K)

Calm down, Animal Mother.