What the fuck is this games problem? Is this the result of the dark souls "hurr durr harder is better" syndrome...

What the fuck is this games problem? Is this the result of the dark souls "hurr durr harder is better" syndrome? Because the "difficulty" in this game is total bullshit, from the stress system to the way food is handled, it's literally just meant to fuck you over at every turn. Oh you just had a hunger check for 4 food? Good, here's another one the very next fucking room. Oh the game arbitrarily limits how much food you can take? Fuck you too bad, since hunger is a dice roll you can literally get checked every fucking room if the game decides. Walking forward? Stress. Walking backwards? Stress. Trap? Stress. Hero is stressed to affliction? Now they're making your entire fucking party stressed. If the combat wasn't so interesting and the art wasn't so good, this game would be completely not worth playing whatsoever, the early game grind is just absolutely insane. You're literally just throwing party after party in the meat grinder, hoping you get enough RNG to advance the hamlet structures, while also hoping the AI doesn't focus one guy considering you can lose 10 hours of progress on a character in 1 turn. What kind of fucking autist actually completes this game?

Attached: this game is fucking bullshit.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjqwTiIxwmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Git gud

Why did you make this thread? A need to express impotent rage at a game you don't understand, or attempt to get a (You) ? I'm curious.

Attached: 1472077515289.png (300x300, 7K)

That's the thing, no matter how "good" you are, or how prepared you are, you'll still get fucked and lose hours and hours of progress. What the fuck is the point of stopping high level heros from going in low level dungeons other than to artifically make the game longer? What's the point of buying trinkets when no matter what level/gear/upgrades your hero is/has they can die in literally just one turn? Why am I not allowed to see the accuracy stats of the monsters? Why show me the speed stats if there's no turn order indicator? This game is fucking incredible at it's core and if it didn't go out of it's way to make you play 100+ hours through the same 5 locations it would be amazing, but they went with the harder means longer means better meme and it ruins the whole fucking thing. The art isn't as impressive the 4th time you run your party through the locations, which you HAVE to do because if you take a party to the last dungeon, they'll never go again, even if you win. That's dumb as fuck, you need 3 full level full gear parties to beat the game and each party takes atleast 10+ hours to grind up

>Oh you just had a hunger check for 4 food?
The most retarded part is that shit is scripted so when you cross the point where you had a food check you'll get it again

The game’s whole gimmick is le rng fucking you over. Some people like that.

mostly to lament my impotence, but also to generate discussion on how this came could be less shit

this shit infuriates me ONLY because the game arbitrarily limits the amount of food you can take on each run. If i want to fill my entire fucking bags with pots and food I should be able to, but every consumable is limited for no good reason

You know, you could just play on Easy and mod the game to have unlimited food and non-permadeaths if you want to. Nothing is stopping you from doing that if it makes you have a more fun time.

>That's the thing, no matter how "good" you are, or how prepared you are, you'll still get fucked and lose hours and hours of progress.
Wrong. You suck. Get over it.

Attached: 1555448058823.jpg (640x641, 66K)

Another thing is the fucking currencies, WHY HAVE 6 DIFFERENT CURRENCIES? Why does it take some random pieces of shit I found in a dungeon to level my hamlet? I have well over 100k gold I'm pretty fucking sure the blacksmith would "iN tHe lOrE" preffer some real money vs these dumbass trinkets, that are RNG based. You can literally go weeks in the game without ever getting enough of these arbitrary currencies to level the buildings you use to level your shit

yeah you're right it's totally possible to kill a shambler with a level 0 party 5 rooms deep in a clear mission. drooling retard

Welcome to roguelites. Your kind's bones litter the wastelands of the genre.

His posts are so full of inaccuracies that I feel tired just thinking about going through them one by one.

OP reminds me of a friend that can't play X-COM or any games with a factor of risk management, because they just lose their shit and try to savescum everything. This is completely fine, everyone has different tastes. I can enjoy both perfect information and non perfect information games just fine. But if I couldn't enjoy one, I wouldn't call it bad, I'd just say it's not for me.

user, I'm not sure if you're baiting, but the retreat button is there for a reason. If you find an eldritch god while with a party of level 0's in a clear mission, that's because you summoned it through an Eldritch Altar. They only randomly spawn at dark torch runs. And even if they did spawn in clear missions, you would be encouraged to get the fuck out and live to fight another day.

once you play enough you'll realize how easy the game actually is. im not saying its easy right off the bat but you can mitigate almost everything once you have the knowledge. if you're playing pc just mod your fucking item carry limit if its a problem for you

What do you get if you complete the game and win?

I love roguelites when they're good. One of the most common factors in roguelite design, is that the game is short as fuck. There are very few roguelites over 20 hours to complete because smart devs know players will call bullshit on 40 hours of progress wiped in one run.

What's inaccurate faggot? Hunger checks are real and happen constantly at random, quirks happen every single run and are random for both good and bad, the odds of getting slammed by a random OP boss are again, random for every run no matter what level you are. The retreat button you brought up? the escape chance is again, random. There's no preparing, there's just grinding up levels and hoping the dice don't fuck you.

literally nothing, the ending is "jk u weer da dahkest dunjen is a sikel hahahaha"

you can mitigate to a point but you literally cannot deny that on any given run there's a significant chance of losing one if not more of your heros, or atleast getting them afflicted. Oh tried to cure that stress? Jk randomly decided to stay an extra week, hope you didn't plan on progressing at all

git gud scrub

He is partially right though. You can't realistically prevent getting critted three times in a row, getting hit by a bleed, going before the healer or being the healer and failing the first dd check. You could have 2 prot capped MAAs guarding the other two to reduce the chance of dying to crit strings but then you'd lose to stress casters and your MAAs could get stunned before your vestal gets crit dabbed on. No amount of git gud can prevent the extremely unlucky deaths.

Just play with a Jester, fag.

Have sex.

You're supposed to prepare for the randomness. Prepare yourself for the worst case scenario or else you're gambling with your dude's lives.

done. now git gud.

Jesters are based as fuck for the stress heals and finale is way OP early on, but they're completely gimped by the fact that for the first 30 hours you pretty much do short runs exclusively, making it pointless to take camp skill focused heros, which means if you want to level a jester to later dungeons you're basically carrying a gimped piece of shit and hoping the enemies don't use it as a punching bag

I would agree with you, except the worst case scenario is all shit you literally cannot possibly prepare against. see

L2 risk manage. You must think of the game as an insurer/banker and allocate actions depending on the cjances-and consequences- of failure.

>Turn based games have RNG in it
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I can't believe I'm actually taking the time to address this but fuck it, I don't really have anything else better to do if I'm in this shithole, do I.

>Oh you just had a hunger check? Good, here's another one the very next fucking room
This is why you bring enough food according to the size of expedition you're undertaking
>Oh the game arbitrarily limits how much food you can take? Fuck you too bad, since hunger is a dice roll you can literally get checked every fucking room if the game decides
I have beaten DD in Bloodmoon over 5 times on different challenge runs. The vendor food cap has never ever been an issue for me, even in the longest dungeons. There's plenty of chance to interact with curios to give you food, healing in alternative ways, and even Districts you can build to give you extra free food if you really wanted it for healing if you're doing some sort of no-healer challenge run.
>Walking forward? Stress
Stress is determined by the torch level.
>Walking backwards? Stress
Not guaranteed, and even getting a stress tick from backtracking is small and negligible. This mechanic is intended to encourage careful planned progression through the routes the dungeon offers you.
>Trap? Stress.
Well, yes, wouldn't you be stressed that you almost got your foot chopped off by a bear trap? This encourages the use of scouting trinkets and scouting camping buffs.
>Hero is stressed to affliction? Now they're making your entire fucking party stressed.
To make afflictions actually undesirable and steer you to avoid them as much as possible.
>the early game grind is just absolutely insane
To be perfectly frank with you, I do not have much fun in the darkest dungeon early game. I much prefer the mid to late game, experimenting with party comps, skills and trinkets. I do not think the grind is too much in the early game, though. Grind occurs more towards the late game, but this has been solved tremendously by additions like Bank district,etc

(cont'd)

Attached: 2019-03-16-180941_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

it's not a question of risk management, take XCOM for example. When you compare the two, XCOM has FAR more options for the player to navigate danger, FAR less punishment for failure, way better resource management on the backend, way more locations/enemies/story, etc. Imagine if XCOM made you play the same 5 locations for every single mission, imagine if XCOM only had 3 missions types, and imagine if XCOM required 10+ hours for every single character to level to max and requiring you to have 3+ maxed out parties. Thats what this game is

>Another soul battered and broken. Cast aside like a spent torch

Attached: ancestor.png (469x770, 255K)

>if the art wasn't so good
How do people unironically like the 'big head mode' garbage?

what are you some kind of tard that doesnt understand that people have different preferences?

It's supposed to a nightmarish experience.
They specifically give you upgrades and other mechanics to rebuild your barracks after shit hits the fan. Just like XCOM.

is this pasta?

>see
losing half or even a full party should never cripple your playthrough if your doing the majority of things correctly in your runs.
when you learn the mechanics and how to set up a party for a specific run, full party wipes should happen maybe a handful of times in one playthrough.
the thing that doesn't click with people is that your fuck ups don't usually show themselves right away it's a quickly building snowball that starts early on.
there are lots of things to criticize the game about but you easily tell who the bad players are by what they complain about.

If the intent here is to follow a Soulsian “hard is good” philosophy and apply it to the survival genre, this is misplaced. Souls games are about reaction, movement, and practice. You can’t practice finding a piece of bread. If the intent is only to keep the player feeling oppressed, strapped for time, exhausted, hungry and weary, well, that doesn’t mean I won’t also resent having to spend so much time doing the most boring species of meter-management in what could have been a captivating mystery.

Hunger is the worst offender. You can enter abandoned houses and loot them, or even burglarise “healthy” houses. But there’s never any food in the dungeons. There are abandoned dungeons and free beds everywhere, but you can only sleep in some of them. Put all this together with the samey character models and the clumsy combat, and Darkest Dungeon starts to feel less like an interesting failure and more like a budget Skyrim.

>skipped trough the intro text

>bring enough food accordingly
impossible when hunger checks are RNG based, food heals for damage which is obviously RNG based, and the game limits how much you can take for no reason
>stress determined by torch level
and the amount of torches you can bring is arbitrarily limited, RNG will give you enemies that can extinguish your torch
>make afflictions undesirable
which is why they love to slap you with negative quirks at the end of runs at random right? even if you managed your stress
>grind in the late game
I found the late game less grindy in the sense that atleast by then you have options, your heros are upgraded, they have different skills, you can change them mid dungeon, you can actually think and strategize. The beginning is "well, these heroes all showed up with 3 negative quirks and shit skills, guess ill suicide run for gold.....oh, got another group of those, guess ill do it again.....oh finally got on decent cha- oh, he's dead now....."

except i beat the game

it's not nightmarish it's retarded, and RNG will destroy your barracks with hamlet events for no fucking reason

darkest dungeon is a game about resource management. Your goal is to make sure you don't have unacceptable losses. Your heroes are going to be battered, bruised, and insane. Cast them aside if they're useless and get another body from the carriage.

Remember, you aren't their friend. They are your tools and are to be treated as such.

with games like xcom you have loads of tools or ideas that can be used to kill the enemy despite bad luck or without dice rolls and escaping is guranteed. With DD every single action is a dice roll making it possible to do literally every thing right and still lose by no fault of your own.

(cont'd)
>You're literally just throwing party after party in the meat grinder, hoping you get enough RNG to advance the hamlet structures
No, you're literally not doing this. You're assembling sub-par newbie parties and making do with what you're given, gaining the upper hand through smart skill combinations and party compositions, and smart tactical play. If you're letting the enemies in positions 3 and 4 live beyond Turn 1, max Turn 2, you're probably doing something very wrong. But there's always a chance to come back.
>while also hoping the AI doesn't focus one guy considering you can lose 10 hours of progress on a character in 1 turn
user, you do realize there are multiple number of ways to protect against this? There are lots of Guard skills, lots of Get out of Jail for free cards, and I can guarantee you, a character will not die in one turn as you describe, under any circumstance. Specially if they're higher level. The Death's Door mechanic is extremely forgiving
>no matter how "good" you are, or how prepared you are, you'll still get fucked and lose hours and hours of progress
Inaccurate. You will face suboptimal circumstances, like when a soldier misses a 99% chance-to-hit shot in XCOM, but you must have a backup plan for such a situation. The game is about managing risks.
>What the fuck is the point of stopping high level heros from going in low level dungeons other than to artifically make the game longer?
Sending a high level CHAD to an apprentice dungeon trivializes the game even more so. This is why this *is allowed* in the Easy (Radiant) difficulty, and why a town event permits you to do this as well.
>What's the point of buying trinkets when no matter what level/gear/upgrades your hero is/has they can die in literally just one turn?
Heroes cannot literally die in just one turn.
>Why am I not allowed to see the accuracy stats of the monsters?
They are irrelevant, as you are never going to play as the monsters.

(cont'd)

Attached: 2019-03-02-215552_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

>and the amount of torches you can bring is arbitrarily limited
Motherfucker you can at above 75 light for the entire run if you buy even half the amount of torches the game offers per run and dont waste them. Not to mention Vestal can icnrease light multiple times in a battle. Torch curios can be found.
You also seem to let negative quirks effect you way too much.

if you're just going to keep bitching about how unfair the game is theres probably tons of videos of people doing flawless runs on the hardest difficulty. just watch them and stop crying

RNG BS is fine.
I just hate how devs try to stretch the game by making you grind for hours

see and fanboys like you ALWAYS say "hurr well it doesnt cripple the game", and you're right! You can always continue forward, but a full wipe, of a completely upgraded/trinketed party, costs hours, measurable hours in terms of XP and immeasurable hours in terms of trinkets because they are RNG based. You can say full party wipes are rare, but they're only as rare as a dice roll decides. That's the real problem I think, is that they decided that making a game with actual pacing or difficulty through progressive ramping up of the game as you go is too hard to develop, so instead they throw you in the deep end to begin with, and then pump up the numbers as the hours go on, because the gameplay from hour 1 to hour 1000 fundamentally does not change, which would fucking RULE, if that gameplay wasn't shit

this is true, but don't confuse emotional attachment with hours invested. Every fanboy pretends that if you get upset about losing a hero you spent hours grinding up you're an onions boy that wants to suck his heros dick, no, I'm just pissed I got triple crit'd through a stun I had a 90% block chance against and lost 30 hours of work

>answering a question with a question
Why so evasive?

(cont'd)
The only stat you need to know is your chance to dodge and your chance to hit, because it's your characters you're playing as.
>Why show me the speed stats if there's no turn order indicator?
Speed is like initiative in Dungeons & Dragons. A dice roll is added to a character's speed, and that is what determines their turn order. Showing this to the player would provide even MORE information than they need to execute perfect wombo combos. I'm not against you modding this in, mind you, I just think it's unnecessary.
>That's dumb as fuck, you need 3 full level full gear parties to beat the game and each party takes atleast 10+ hours to grind up
Inaccurate. Power level strategies exist, and the districts help you a lot with that too.

All in all, OP, it seems that the TL;DR to all of this is that you forced yourself through a game you did not like or understand just to gain enough 'cred points' to talk about it on the internet. And that's okay. But making false statements about its nature is very poor form on your part.

If anything, Darkest Dungeon is one of the easiest "roguelites", if you can even call it that. Why? Because even if you somehow managed the amazing task of killing off every single member of your roster:
>Your building upgrades are permanent
>You get new recruits every week, even experienced ones
>Your trinket supply is still there

In X-COM, you get wiped out at your base, it's game over. In DD, you can take as long as you can and have as many deaths as you want to beat the game (playing on Darkest at least). No penalty.

Attached: 2019-02-24-141124_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

yeah you can, and even that won't make a difference because you can be at 100% light for an entire run and still have a significant chance of being surprised every single room you enter, which is why most people recommend just going dark unless you're fighting a boss and need every advantage

>no, you're not
see it's even encouraged by the game to constantly grind them away, actually that's the entire game.
>guarantee you will not die in one turn
that's bullshit and you know it, I know for a fact you're lying about beating the game if you're never had a hero die in one turn. I've also had heros survive 5 rooms with zero hp, because deaths door is a dice roll.
>irrelevant because you don't play as the monsters
that's the dumbest fucking reason you could have provided, I can see their speed stats, health, skills, buffs, debuffs, and can use skills that affect their accuracy, but that stat has to be a secret? get real. you're either a legit autist or a redhook dev, if you're a dev buttblasted your game is poopoo atleast throw a trip on so we can mock you as a group

>inaccurate
now I know you haven't beaten the game. Once you take a character into the darkest dungeon, they will never go back. Every party you take, will never go again. You have to complete this dungeon 3 times to beat the game. That's 3 parties you need to run the dungeon completely with, assuming you don't run or wipe each time.

>the tl;dr
there is no tl;dr faggot, I bought the game, I beat it, I have a right to bitch about parts of the game that are shit. or is every thread on a video game board just supposed to be sucking a games dick? You're one of those retards that thinks that a games difficulty shields it from criticism, when that's total bullshit. Dark souls fanboys are like this too, you could bring up the 5fps framerate in blighttown and you'd have some autistic nigger screeching about how it's meant to be that way and you just don't get it because you're not good at the game.

>building upgrades are permanent
hello, I'm hamlet event, I'm here to fuck your shit up.

You're right, eventually, you can beat the game. But that doesn't mean you can't say some parts aren't objectively shit and tedious, because they are.

>see and fanboys like you
I don't think the game is really that great, I already said it has a bunch of flaws.
>a full wipe, of a completely upgraded/trinketed party, costs hours, measurable hours in terms of XP and immeasurable hours in terms of trinkets because they are RNG based
it doesn't you just suck so it takes you that long to build it up that much. when you play well the game rolls on by really quickly.
>You can say full party wipes are rare, but they're only as rare as a dice roll decides.
again, wrong. you control way more of the outcome than the game does. you can make it so 90% of the time you come out on top and if that 10% happens then that other 90% should be there to cover your next run. the fact that you don't get this shows you're playing the game wrong.
if you're so deadset that you're a great player and know what you're doing then upload a run while the thread is up right now.

>that's the dumbest fucking reason you could have provided
The game has a lot of mechanics that just exist because that’s what the developers want to make their game difficult. Why can’t you heal outside of combat? Why do your heroes walk backward instead of turning 180 degree?
With that said, I still enjoy the game.

>Food heals for damage which is obviously RNG based
>RNG will give you enemies that can extinguish your torch
So what I'm getting from this is that you don't understand how the game is played.
You can do suicide strategies of sending in rookies with no supplies for dark torch treasure hunts. It's a thing. To tell me with a straight face it's an optimal strategy is to be full of shit user, sorry. You definitely can and should get rid of people if they're more trouble than they're worth (there's merit in using someone for a few runs and casting them aside if it would be too expdensive to treat them at the Sanitarium) if it means it helps you overall. But it's often times not the optimal solution.
>guarantee you will not die in one turn
I will eat my hat if you can provide a clip of a character dying on turn one of a mission. You have so many ways to alter the course of this, it's not even funny. You could have had SPD trinkets to guarantee stunners/disablers to go first and take out the important enemies. You could have guarded. Even a wombo combo of Fishes with spears in the cove cannot one-turn-KO a character because they are limited to targetting positions 1-2 or 3-4 respectively
>that's the dumbest fucking reason you could have provided
What is the gameplay advantage to knowing how likely it was that an enemy was to hit you with its attack? The only relevant stat is how likely you are to dodge it.

Attached: 2019-02-23-112530_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

I think you have been blinded by your rage. I did not claim you were wrong in that characters cannot return to the Darkest Dungeon after being there. I said your statement about it being a +10 hour grind to get parties ready for DD was inaccurate.
>hello, I'm hamlet event, I'm here to fuck your shit up.
user, in the worst case scenario that you manage to not even win the Vvulf fight, they only set you back one upgrade, and that can only happen once every 2 years or so in-game. You would seriously have to be doing this on purpose.

Attached: 2019-02-25-002754_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

>it doesn't take that long
theres no way of measuring how long it takes because you have a chance of never seeing an important trinket again, or seeing it after the very next run. There's no persistence, which is fucking stupid. So what my bounty hunter got gored, the rest of my party should be able to atleast yank the necklace off his corpse and give it to the next meat sack I send to die.

>hurr if you're so good doxx yourself
slit your wrists with a rusty coathanger

>I can't refute your points about how a system is shit so you don't know how the game is played
nigger
>what is the gameplay advantage to knowing accuracy
so you can focus the monsters that will actually hit you? Are you seriously asking such a dumb fucking question? you may as well ask whats the gameplay advantage to knowing how much health the enemies have, fuck it why not just take it all out, just remove all the stats so you don't know anything, that'll make for a great game

you haven't refuted a single point, none of you have. You all agree these systems are in place, you just say "well my luck was good", which isn't an argument

>even with stun resist you can still stack AoE stuns for at least 2 turns
>you can crit out of the ass
>you can lock enemies into being useless with movement based skills
>can just AoE DOT every enemy you meet while spamming heals
>can just stack buffs on your DPS and let him kill everything
>people are still too retarded to complete the game anyways
I finished the game on Stygian with over 12 weeks to spare. The only time this game gets hard is if you decide to do the Crimson Court and waddle through the endless padding Red Hook pulled out of its ass to hide the fact that the DLC has no content asides from bosses with inflated health bars.

Attached: 1557827022266.jpg (701x715, 49K)

>theres no way of measuring how long it takes because you have a chance of never seeing an important trinket again
trinkets are not that rare, and if you're sending every shit team with your rarest items ten you're a moron.
>the rest of my party should be able to atleast yank the necklace off his corpse and give it to the next meat sack I send to die.
if one member survives even if you run you still don't automatically lose their trinkets.

>I can't refute your points about how a system is shit so you don't know how the game is played
I can. You can minimize damage through playing combat right. You can stall even after all the nerfs, and easily come out of most fights fully healed and fully stress healed if you know what you're doing. If you ever find yourself NEEDING food to heal, you've done something very very wrong already. You only use food to heal when it's abundant and you want to empty inventory space for loot. And you are able to raise torch levels with character spells as well, so I don't see how even TORCHES of all things are running low for you on a regular non-challenge run.
If you need to know the ACC of an enemy to know which one is worth prioritizing to kill, I can already tell you're not very good at the game either. The formula to prioritizing enemies is as simple as this: Kill positions 3, and 4. ASAP. Rinse and repeat.

Just save yourself the hassle user and don't reply further user. I'm convinced people like this are beyond saving.

another nigger misses the point. Are the fights winnable? yes, easily so, in fact that's the fucking problem. This game is literally brain dead until RNGesus says fuck you, then you're set back for hours. The entire game is padded out nonsense, 3 missions over 5 locations for 100+ hours with almost zero depth other than man, sure hope the dice don't rape me in the ass this time. oh, yup it did, time to grind up another character. oh, he's dead, time to grind up another. Oh, he's stressed out, better treat him. Oh, guess he's staying in treatment, I'll progress later I guess.

>trinkets are not that rare
trinkets are RNG based and you have no way of knowing when you can get a decent one again, whether it be in a dungeon or on the merchant, it's completely out of your hands, and basically required to progress.

you're literally bringing up strategies to mitigate the insane amount of bullshit while denying that bullshit exists in the first place. if anyone here is beyond saving it's a mentally deluded nigger like you

>you're literally bringing up strategies to mitigate the insane amount of bullshit while denying that bullshit exists in the first place
Congratulations user, you finally understood (against your will) that risk management games involve risk mitigation. I'm very proud of you.

Attached: 1535648787610.gif (720x540, 2.71M)

Sorry user, but you're the only brain dead nigger here. RNG only says "fuck you" because you let it, people can do consistent Stygian runs without any losses asides from the 2 in the final boss. Any extra time you spend grinding is because of your stupid ass shit play. Reminder that some dude completed Stygian in 14 weeks so any further complaints you have are really just you ousting yourself as a casual baby

Attached: 1557627878299.png (606x334, 108K)

you're retarded mate, that wasn't his point at all.

>trinkets are RNG based and you have no way of knowing when you can get a decent one again

Level 3 missions gives them away like candy

>trinkets are RNG based and you have no way of knowing when you can get a decent one again
there's a pool based on what level of dungeon you go into, so it's not completely random, and there's not so many that you have to stall to wait for the one you want. there's also a merchant and they even added a fairly easy fight to fucking recover trinkets you lost and more.
again, you just suck, dude.

If you wish to join the conversation, please elaborate on his point, user

that was never the point you absolute mongoloid, there's rewarding and engaging risk management, I've stated repeatedly that there are several things I greatly enjoy about this game and games of it's type, the conversation at hand is that this is a 20hour game padded the fuck out with bad dice rolls for arbitrary reasons in the game of grimdark. You denied this, yet bring up point after point after point of the exact bullshit that wastes your time, you even admit it wastes your time. The only difference is you're a retard and can't even see yourself reinforce the points I'm making in the first place

>not completely random
stop, just fucking stop, you have already proven you are not capable of thoughts beyond smashing your club like kleinfelter syndrome flipper hands against a keyboard and breathing manually

I am glad you understand, user. Good talk

Attached: 2019-02-19-193051_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

God your posts are as pathetic as your ability to play this game

Attached: 1558372086745.gif (533x300, 2.02M)

>stop, just fucking stop, you have already proven you are not capable of thoughts beyond smashing your club like kleinfelter syndrome flipper hands against a keyboard and breathing manually
you got assblasted you wiped a couple times on a veteran run didin't you?
there are trinkets that will never show up on higher runs. it's not completely random. stay in school you dumb fuck.

OK.

Attached: 3fD44Gv.png (500x628, 298K)

darkest dungeon and the list of shit
>crimson court dlc map
>entire enemy team smashing a man down before you can even get a turn
>"NOTHING MUST BE LEFT UNDISTURBED"
>"HEART ATTACK"
>"I KNEW IT!" HEART ATTACK
>pay for affliction treatment, motherfucker runs off
>limited inventory and slow walking/combat scenes making the game even longer
>heroes coming in fresh off the wagon with 5 bad traits
>removed all the fun and creative ways to deal with things
>only a couple of combos work between heroes
but just git gud bro, you can avoid it just prepare for the random events that will randomly occur in that map you decided to choose, surely you'll need those 3 shovels for rubble right?

the game is trash, the gameplay loop is easy to find and abuse but ultimately unsatisfying to finish

Attached: 1552408212778.png (1264x608, 833K)

look another stupid nigger proving me right.

Face it, if this game had less bullshit, even just enough to be a 60 hour game vs a 100 hour game, it would EASILY be one of the greatest indie games of all time. It would for sure be one of my favorites. But there's just not enough going on here to be worth this much grind, there's just not. There are three mission types, and 5 locations. The lore is all in the background and not worth anything or thought out whatsoever, so all that's left is facerolling dungeons with whatever comp is most likely to cheese through it with the least difficulty, in the hopes of randomly acquiring enough arbitrary currency to continue grinding the same three missions and same five locations, but this time with bigger numbers. Fuck I don't even care about the difficulty, that's not the problem at ALL and all the retards thinking it is are completely missing the point. The point is, the game just wastes your time, and makes you repeat content over and over and over, of which there isn't much. It's objectively sub par and deserves criticism

Cry more shitter. The world feeds not only on the blood of dead heroes but also on the tears of babies who are unable to git gud

Attached: 1552755883943.jpg (868x868, 131K)

>he didnt finish darkest dungeon hardest difficulty within the first week
wow git gud

Attached: 1556330511731.jpg (500x312, 37K)

>rubble
triggered
>hurr durr you can prepare and mitigate risk
yeah, let me prepare for 5 rubble piles, and lets just have these badass eldritch horror slaying heroes shit their pants and start crying at having to move some rocks.

>hey i beat this game it's fun but there's some serious bullshit involved
>HURR CRY MORE SHITTER DURRRRRR FUCKIN GIT GUDDD EERRERERR U NO RELE GAYMR
found the experimental vaccine test subject

Most of these are down to you being a shit player. But some are valid and made me stop playing
>Game's nerfs are based on what redditors use more often
>Crimson Court is entirely composed of pointless padding to fill up play time
>Jester gets the nerf hammer because Red Hook made a shitty building system and only thought about balancing it later
>Enemies leave corpses but your heroes don't

>it would EASILY be one of the greatest indie games of all time.
not even close. the game is no where good enough to hold that title, and this is coming from someone who thinks you're too bad to even give a valid opinion on the game.

This one has become vestigial. Useless.

Attached: 1470335947609.jpg (400x400, 29K)

The entire thread already determined that you're a massive shitter who only "wasted time" because of his shit play. Any further thing you say is just crying to entertain us. cry more

Instead of whining like a little bitch, start learnig and getting better at the game.

you should kill yourself. and this is coming from a guy that really and truly thinks you should commit suicide, so much so that I bet everyone who surrounds you secretly wants you gone

>NEVER CRITICIZE ANYTHING REEEEEE

This game is actually built around several layers of fucking retards.
>The Masses
Believe that the game is difficult and completely RNG. Will consistently make fucking terrible decisions that all but guarantee dead heroes but then cry "there was nothing I could do!". Mad about grinding even after an entire mode was released for them and they wouldn't need to grind so much if they weren't shit. Quick to justify pussy faggot mods to "balance" the game.
Plays on Radiant.
>Weak Grasp
By now they have played enough of the game to figure out some basics, and realize that there are ways to mitigate RNG. Unfortunately they also think they know enough to give advice which is often fucking terrible noob traps they have yet to escape themselves. "Your heroes are expendable, do not invest in them" is their signature calling card.
Plays on Normal.
>Actually Understands the Game
Has put in the hours or simply read the wiki enough to learn all the ins and outs to completely exploit the game. Realizes that the RNG isn't shit and will very rarely get fucked by it.
Plays on Stygian or Bloodmoon, clears them consistently within 0-4 hero deaths not counting the Heart or graveyard event.
>Autist
Somehow they are not bored of the game by this point. Plays around with extended difficulty mods that add a shitload of new enemies that try (and typically fail) to mimic the game's art style.
Does "challenge runs" like refusing to use a vestal, torches, MAA, or stuns.

>-20 hp
>+40 stress
>"THE FLESH WAS WEAK"
HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS AFTER I HAVE USED MY 3 SHOVELS AND ANOTHER TWO RUBBLE SHOW UP BUT I REFUSE TO LEAVE??
>finishes dungeon anyways, my occultist healer getting smashed by rubble to death

It's boring as fuck. Good enough for a cellphone game I guess.

>t.

Attached: A7DAF782-4AFB-4573-8F7A-BBDFE147E2D4.png (1440x3040, 1.11M)

>you should kill yourself. and this is coming from a guy that really and truly thinks you should commit suicide,

Attached: 1552259078840.png (800x787, 72K)

>and this is coming from a guy that really and truly thinks you should commit suicide, so much so that I bet everyone who surrounds you secretly wants you gone
at least I can beat darkest dungeon lmfao

>has to read outside of the game to learn mechanics and make lists to deal with the 12 units of bullshit/variables
>actually understanding the game makes you realize how fucking slow it is because of the SLOW WALK SPEED AND COMBAT ANIMATIONS
>by the time you get to this point you already have seen all this and just furthers the padding
just git gud lmao, you're just bad, just play ez mode

>i suck so everyone must suck
based retard

dark souls difficulty is 100% determined by your skill, that's why you can do soul level 1 bare handed naked challenge runs. DD is literally and unironically impossible to beat with a level 0 party with no upgrades or gear. If anything dark souls is a good example of difficulty, and DD is a bad example.

>you should kill yourself. and this is coming from a guy that really and truly thinks you should commit suicide, so much so that I bet everyone who surrounds you secretly wants you gone
The levels of mad here are delicious. I've been reading this entire thread just for this shit, all I've ever even seen of DD is screenshots. Keep going OP.

Attached: 1274643264445.jpg (350x218, 43K)

>i hate time wasting in this game
>lmao you suck bro
based shitposter

my anger is unstoppable and unending the entertainment will continue. I recommend you try out DD, but don't pay for it unless you really like it.

OP
>This games content is minute and a waste of time!
user
>HAH, LOOK AT THIS GUY WHO SUCKS AT THIS GAME!

this thread

Attached: 1556599215185.png (261x253, 169K)

You could have just mentioned that DD has a hard cap on ACC that guarantees that there's always a chance a hit will miss but instead you went with "DD has no skill because you need to level your units". And as it was mentioned in this thread, someone completed Stygian in 14 weeks with a bunch of low level units, it's not impossible.

Attached: 1551502128620.png (1000x1189, 193K)

based and skeletonpilled

git lucky

thanks, it was a fairly good strawman if i sayso myself

Attached: foiled again.jpg (312x341, 28K)

>has to waste his time spending 5 seconds opening a curio interaction page instead of memorizing them or wasting items trying to remember
Darkest Dungeon is about as hard as Pokemon, and for the exact same reason - forgetting what shit does, like not bringing mark removal for Swine King or underestimating the power of Milktank's roll-out.

I won't speak for others but it wasn't the bosses that did me in or any mechanics really.

>multiple shit happens in a row and I can't mitigate all of it.
>me not being cool with it, rage quit just to start up again

but thats my only issue and only applies to me, i was just lurking until i posted this

kek

autists will never admit that ACC limits aren't bullshit, I'm not saying it doesn't require skill BECAUSE you have to level your units, I'm saying you have to level your units because so much of the game requires NO skill other than hoping your numbers are better than their numbers

and if pokemon had your little niggers have permadeath everyone would say it's bullshit grinding a party up to max level again, or if you could only take your lineup to the elite four once, and if you failed you needed to grind a whole new lineup from 1. although it would honestly be pretty based and realistic to have a chance of permadeath or injury to the mons if they get KO'd. I'm sure someone has modded that in at some point

We call that a Nuzlocke run.

>everyone would say it's bullshit
pokemon is designed for kids and people that like to crochet vidya more than they like to play it, so I'm not surprised you feel that way.

>so much of the game requires NO skill other than hoping your numbers are better than their numbers
Scaling isn't a new concept in RPGs and you're being purposely ignorant just so you can keep complaining and pretending managing situations isn't a skill because you've already been ousted as someone who loses units in a game where a skillful player wouldn't lose units. And again, 14 weeks stygian, final dungeons can be cleared with level 2 and 3 units, the numbers aren't that important as long as you can manage buffs and stats.

> I'm sure someone has modded that in at some point
The nuzlocke challange is something people willingly submit themselves to because they're not babies like you

Attached: 1551083921128.jpg (800x1000, 183K)

no shit? Huh, haven't played pokemon since I was like 12 so I didn't know that, that's cool, if a bit autistic

>the numbers aren't important
how can you type with your head in sand? You, like every other fucking retard in this thread, have missed the entire point. You saying because some autist cheesed a lucky run the game doesn't have design flaws, which I already addressed by pointing out you're just like every souls baby that hides their flaws behind the shield of git gud. You haven't addressed a single criticism, you just said well uh duh well uh its not always like that uhhhhhhhhhhh durrrrrr

>because theyre not babies
playing pokemon makes you a baby by default ya nigger

You're pathetic, I hope that one day you find it in yourself to not get irrationally mad at being called out on being bad and instead focus on bettering yourself so that you don't lose units on baby's first rogue-like. You've been called out several times already, I encourage you to cry more for my entertainment.

Attached: imaginebeingsobadatdarkestdungeonthatyouactuallyloseheroes.jpg (768x512, 50K)

hello rato

3213101-93021-39021419840184-1

You're pathetic. I hope one day you have a beautiful daughter, and she gets killed in a drunk driving accident instead of ever growing up to better herself or you so you stop being a retarded nigger. You contributed nothing to this thread, I encourage you to try hanging yourself, but you're clearly incapable of the higher thought required to tie a sufficient noose.

keep crying for me

Attached: 1556768491959.jpg (535x557, 62K)

I haven't seen this much blind rage at risk management dungeon crawling games since Unlimited Saga.

Attached: 1558199017942.jpg (522x490, 36K)

tfw even the devs understand their system is bullshit and can't even implement consistency in their own game

Attached: mental gymnastics.png (1037x41, 41K)

I don't understand the bitching. I'm a complete brainlet and I came out of champion cove runs with less stress than I came in with, while I had only one damage source (a leper). Just think for half a second about your actions instead of mindlessly rushing through.

Some people enjoy certain aspects of games, and find other aspects shitty, some of these people even really like the good parts and want the developers to succeed in the future, and so will discuss the parts that are bad.

Others are droopy eyed brainless slugs dragging their slimey faces across their keyboards defending a game they never even played

if you're not underage then you've got your work cut out for you.

if you're not a faggot then it's really weird you like sucking dicks so much

Imagine seething this much over being trash at a game

Attached: 1555173865511.jpg (1447x2047, 313K)

underage then.

seething discord tranny then

yeah the game is trash. the solution is to stop playing it and look for something better. you won't fix this turd.

>seething discord tranny
trannies are usually the ones too bad to finish the game.

trannies speedrun games

another retard missing the point. the game is easy as fuck to beat, the point is it's padded as a mother fucker to make up for it's lack of content

I have some hope for the sequel, but then again the devs will just do whatever the most autistic faggots in their reddit say, so, maybe less hope

Attached: Come Unto Your Maker Reactions.png (939x1052, 242K)

And as it's been said before. If you felt like it was padded it's because you're bad 14 weeks, cry more, git gud

every update they did only served to fuck the player harder. they're not gonna make the sequel any more fair

>brainlet tier
- I fell for the "A-team" meme and now I have to re-train an entire new group of heroes after fucking up the DD.
- The game has too much RNG, death is unavoidable.
- Corpses were a bad addition, they should be removed (person has not played in so fucking long they don't know about the extra modifiers)
>actually played the game tier
- Bloodmoon should force you into the courtyard, otherwise you can just avoid it and have an easier time than regular Stygian.
- Either Champion Shambler should drop better loot, or Apprentice Shambler shouldn't drop Ancestor Trinkets
- Delete or rework Tavern, this shit is worthless compared to the Abbey when you can be spending portraits on Guild or Bank
- Buff the Collector I feel bad for him

fpbp

I was pretty stressed out and felt like a shitter at the beginning, but you learn trough trial and error, you figure out what works, you figure out how to prepare, what enemies to prioritize, what party members to take, what trinkets to equip, there are looooooads of way of preventing the chances of something bad happening to you. By the time I got to the actual Darkest Dungeon, I didn't even suffer any casualties there except for the mandatory ones at the final boss

>just do whatever the most autistic faggots in their reddit say
ironic

The Crimson Court needs an entire rework all together to not drag itself out for as long as it does in order for people to not just avoid it. There's no real reason to go there and it's far too punishing if you fuck up. Another complaint on the second list is how the districts are just not that well thought out, as demonstrated by need to patch the Jester into not being a broken mess soon after the update hit.

>always bring the same set up for the final boss
>never read the Acceptance tier
poor lads

Attached: 1557087307091.jpg (550x412, 66K)

and I've said before, just because someone who understands the game already can beat it quickly does not mean it's immune to criticism, if anything it's even more annoying because it shows how unnecessary all the bullshit is.

>fell for the A team meme
reinforcing the point that grinding multiple high level teams is a must, which it is, and ignoring the excessive time investment

another dumb faggot completely missing the point

>talking about a game on Yea Forums is the same as an all caps post screeching about 1 point damage differences on certain classes and flooding the sub until it's changed
yeah you have a powerful grasp on reality and definitely aren't sub 50iq

> just because someone who understands the game already can beat it quickly does not mean it's immune to criticism
A game should be judged on its highest level of play, no one cares about the musings of common shitters like you. Git Gud

>not drag itself out
that's the entire game

>a game should be judged on it's highest level of play
found it boys, the dumbest poster on this entire website, watching speedruns as reviews and injecting estrogen every day or every other day

The bar for decent play in this game is just not using units, if you can't even manage that then the only estrogen injecting baby here is you. Again, git gud and keep crying for me. Maybe one day you'll develop the cognitive ability to not be trash at a turn based game

Attached: 1550374860794.gif (215x266, 648K)

>it's literally just meant to fuck you over at every turn.
Yes

*just not losing units

>is the same as an all caps post screeching about 1 point damage differences on certain classes and flooding the sub until it's changed
you alright m8?

He's clearly been mind broken by the game. Just leave him yelling in peace, it helps him heal

The bar for a decent post is just not being a fucking retard, if you can't even manage that then the only HRT infected cockless faggot here is you. again, kill yourself and do us all a favor. Maybe one day you'll develop the cognitive ability to understand that you can think a game has flaws while still liking it and succeeding at it instead of blindly defending every single facet like a mindless fan thing.

live love laugh

>oh honey
found the soi boi

I'm starting to become legitimately concerned for your mental health at this point sweet cheeks

Attached: 1552000882918.png (559x566, 612K)

>Game from a genre known for being difficult
>Compare it to Dark Souls

Fucking neck yourself.

Attached: 1511108893974.gif (500x500, 257K)

I'm legitimately starting to think you shit in your hands and clap for fun honey

>game known for being (((((((difficult)))))
>it's bullshit dice rolls
>compared a game considered ((((((difficult)))))
>actually up to the player and their skill
you first

It's ok dude, one day you'll stop crying and manage to play this game

it's ok dude, one day you'll stop pissing on the carpet and rolling around in it every time you don't understand a conversation

cry more

but with Yea Forums it's entirely the opposite. They shit on games they never play instead.

Why don't you just improve yourself?

dark souls is my favorite roguelike though

>implying this is a board for video games
whew

how its easy as shit if you just don't do stupid shit

>significant chance of being surprised
Radiant light is a +25% chance of surprising monsters. That negates the chance of heroes being surprised.
You are talking out of your ass

why don't you have enough brain cells to rub together to understand what the whole point of this thread is?

wrong, you can still be surprised with radiant light, having +25% in your favor is just that, a slight change of the roll in your favor. you're the one talking out of your ass, go back to eating your toe cheese

git

fucking

gud

youtube.com/watch?v=RjqwTiIxwmg

Experience Betterment

kill

your fucking

self

>the point
>you

The base surprise chance is 10%. With a chance to surprise the enemy at 25%. The odds are heavily in your favor.
Not to mention you cannot be surprised no matter the light level if you have scouted which again is something that light level improves and can be made EZ with Ancestors Map. If you think this game is pure luck then you are the Apex Faggot.

Attached: RNG.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

You are LITERALLY the people crying at the start of that video. You are fucking trash if you can't work out how to cheese this easy ass game. Go back to fortnite zoomer.

It doesn't negate, there's a base chance of 10%. It's just that OP is such a massive baby that he feels the need to blow anything out of proportion as soon as he's called out on being trash.

Attached: Imaginebeingsobadatdarkestdungeonthatyoucan'tcountto10.png (648x349, 85K)

all you've proven is you either lied about not knowing you could be surprised even at max light, or deliberately misrepresented it to support your own argument, both of which should mean your honorable suicide right about now

I LITERALLY did not watch your faggot video, difficulty is not the argument, pointless and retarded systems that add nothing but time wasted is, and not a single dumb fuck in this thread has given a convincing argument supporting the inclusion of stupid systems other than by autistically pointing to some faggot who has wasted his life optimizing these exact bullshit systems in order to impress other autistic faggots

Fair enough, a video mocking the exact type of person you are would probably be hard to confront. They're there to add some level of difficulty to the game as it's so fucking easy. If you're losing an entire party to hunger you really should be playing something else, as you're clinically retarded.

Frustration, and fury. More destructive than a hundred cannons.

>This whole fucking thread

Attached: 1548536850682.jpg (218x265, 22K)

I get the feeling OP is some infantile fag who cant handle even a single thing going wrong. Maybe he shouldnt have played the game which opens by telling you shit will go wrong

>difficulty
there's none present in this game, just stat checks and dice rolls
>losing an entire party to hunger
not possible, but you'd know if you played the game or read anything in this thread you illiterate retard

I get the feeling you're a stupid cunt that can't understand the basic concept of deriding a game for it's flaws while enjoying it's better aspects. Maybe you should fall asleep with a grocery bag tied around your head.

i have served i will be of service

Have sex with a real woman, not with your hand/fapping to anime girls/fags/trannies.

anyone who was good at the game and not retarded, talked about it to death, and theres nothing new. thats why the general died. now its just faggy tit mods, and people bitching about it being 2hard4me

I liked the epic length dungeons, I didn't like the vampirism mechanic, and I loathed having enemies in non-CC areas get replaced by CC enemies. It didn't help that it faked new players out into thinking it was early-game shit when it's closer to postgame content. It's best to leave it turned off.

>discussion on how this came could be less shit
Use cheat engine.
I've used it a few times I wanted to have a more 'chill' playthrough.

You're absolutely right, there is no difficulty in the game, majority of players get through on the hardest difficulty without losing a single hero. But then again they're not clinically retarded. I read enough, you started a thread because you're bad at a game, if you expected anything but mocking replies you're... well you're clinically retarded. Retard.

>you're absolutely right
i can just imagine the sweat dripping off your fingers as you furiously typed out the rest of this post that I won't read

didn't use cheat engine for my first playthrough but I might when I inevitably go back to it. Despite all the hate I think this game deserves, it's gameplay loop is genuinely addicting and worthy of praise.

This thread is shit!

Attached: chrome_weGP3Ah02O.png (705x479, 262K)

>DIDNT WATCH
>DIDNT READ
>LALALALALALA CANT HEAR YOU LALALALA

literal zoomer lmao. yeah good idea use cheat engine, remembering basic strategies is probably a bit much for you to handle

>no argument
>no cohesive points
>no logic
>no balls
>no arms
>no legs
>no brain
>actual literal brainless amoeba posting on 4 channel
8th wonder of the world trannies and gentlemen

>QUICK IM LOSING AT ANOTHER GAME MOM, MAKE ME A THREAD ON Yea Forums!

>AND MAKE IT SNAPPY YA DUMB CUNT
you been hacking my webcam user?

Fuck no why would anybody want to see that

>found the soi boi
>live love laugh
>oh honey
oh my fuck

done, now git gud.

>oh my fuck
profanity?....yikes

so they could get lessons on how to slap around their loving mother

>....yikes
oh my fr*ck

ya caught me. later everyone it's been a blast

Attached: thanks for all the keks.png (359x51, 2K)

what a sad existence.

> MERELY

Well done. user. Well done.

Attached: MR. ANGRY.png (800x500, 362K)

its the problem every roguelike/lite has, the difference between what can be determined by the player vs RNG
Take risk of rain for instance, a fucking great roguelite where even if you get the shittiest items imaginable, you can dodge every attack and run away if you feel like, there's enough RNG to make runs feel fresh but also have the player actually matter. FTL is another great example because you can leave any situation any time you want, with penalties of course, but you can calculate everything. DD just takes the RNG of a roguelite and shoves it up to 10 as its baseline gimmick for combat; that along with its artstyle/tone make its whole selling point.

There's nothing original or interesting in darkest dungeon's actual gameplay, its for people that don't care about wanting to feel progress in games