>Game Ends with Everyone Dying

Why does this trope Exist? it is literally a kick to the balls for playing the gane all for it to tell me "hahaha, nothing mattered XDXD".

Attached: images (39).jpg (512x384, 25K)

what games even do this

Are you sad?

Nier

neverwnbyrt mohjyd 2

All the Hajime tabata directed games

Hotline Miami 2

Your actions in life ceases to matter the moment you die? What kind of a bizarre logic is that?

>Games end with everyone having a happy ending EXCEPT THE MC

FUCK THIS SHIT

Attached: 1554145447500.png (840x900, 868K)

post his gamer head

>he doesn't want to die a hero's death

Mother 3

wrong

Depending on the context of the game it makes sense. Like a playing a group of bad guys that finally get put down. For the world it's positive but for you it's a negative since they were your allies. You'll lament the loss of bad guys because you liked them. Of course there are more waysand reasons to do it. The trope as a whole has to be done right so to not come across as "lol fuck you nihilism nothing matters xD"

Attached: 1551977832993.jpg (680x339, 35K)

>most of your party members die from falling rocks

Attached: 10361036195.jpg (680x608, 49K)

Halo Reach

Final Fantasy VII

Gurren Lagann and Game of Thrones. Not games, but it’s all I could think of, aside from maybe Halo 3.

so people stop asking for a sequel

Attached: 1446739262342.png (384x236, 171K)

>The Universe Resets
>Destruction is shown to happen
Sneed more denialist. Your game was fun but the ending was trash

They're all alive at the end of Automata though

>"hahaha, nothing mattered XDXD".
this is every game, user, because the characters don't actually exist and you're wasting your life on a children's toy

Wait, really? Was thinking about picking the game up, but I guess I won't now.

Dying Light, accidentally spoiled myself and couldn't finish the game because of it.

life finds a way

Final Fantasy Type 0.

I don't see it.

>get turned into a door for all eternity
>still aware of what’s going on while being strapped into one place unable to move

Attached: 64D6FC15-6F00-499D-854E-B64E406F6AF0.png (684x890, 248K)

Mask of the Betrayer retcons most companions into surviving, though you only get to see one (2?) of them again

You knew nothing mattered from the very beginning since you were playing a videogame, so why are you mad.

>implying people can be objectively good or bad
>implying we're capable of judging whether the outcome of such a situation is a net positive for the world

Things doesn't always turn out the way we plan, user. That's the point of these endings; to show that even though we might try our best, we might not succeed. It's not always the ending that is the most important part of a story but the journey that brought us TO that ending.

KH3

Danganronpaul V3 would have been better if it had the balls to do it

>he doesn’t know

Not every story has a happy ending, you fucking dumb ass. Does everything need to be sunshine and rainbows?

dying lights original ending was literally "You did the do, good jab clap clap"

I don't Like Happy-Go Lucky ending either unless if it comes in a game with no real story. I actually enjoy endings where the main Character realized just what they endured and if they can ever return to their once peaceful lives. LISA Series may look like it ends in a "Everyone dies" setting but the ending does not have a "happy moment".