Is she right?

Is she right?

Attached: 5bfd112d7bad3b630607475309525ff7d8cfde5a_hq.jpg (380x700, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xh7aI1ddvMc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4wykeJBHdE
youtube.com/watch?v=DVO8QrGAPHs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, because some pokemon are objectively shit and others are godlike and can even overcome type mismatches

>should try
You can try at something but still fail, so yeah she's right.

Duh who cares about smogon rankings or whatever. Play with who looks coolest!

The strong are my favourites because they are strong.

Attached: 1556850212754.jpg (250x247, 10K)

It’s true and that’s exactly what I attempt to do. youtu.be/Xh7aI1ddvMc

If she was right then I wouldn’t have destroyed the shit out of her

This is in the context of the actual Pokemon universe where they're actual animals. Like yeah if you have a Dunsparce that has been a bro your whole life, sure, go ahead and give it some action.

In our world Pokemon are just clumps of pixels, so it doesn't matter other than making casualfags mad

She's anti-(B)meta, therefore she's a based chad woman.

Imagine having this philosophy in the real world.
>"My favorite animal is a goldfish so I'm going to try to win with it."
>First trainer uses a lion

Attached: FireLinkShrine.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Woah how did you make the text box that big

Containment board when

In the newer games do the final league still use pokemon of a single type?

There's no reason to believe a word she says when you can destroy each of the masters teams with a single well-chosen pokemon

Actually that's a good strategy if your golfish spews high pressure water and the lion is literally made of fire

This could be true if the balance and combat weren't annoying shit

No because a delibird will always amount to nothing and a greninja will be selectively breeded for generations

What was her team again? What were her favorites?

Style>Effectiveness
Every
Fucking
TIme

Attached: 15626186_1847807952110617_2660709010072088359_o.jpg (1536x2048, 286K)

Its not about win or lose... its the path you choose

She said this before Luvdisc was a thing. She'd change her mind had she known.

No, Beedrill sucks ass, and nothing will change that.

Mega Evolution changed that

>Battle takes place at a water arena.
Bam you just won, what now?

Yes. Fuck smogonfags

Attached: 1553237737388.jpg (734x950, 101K)

yes. rule of cool
metafags should be gassed

she only say this because she's a loser

>Next pokemon is a shark
Also lions can swim

No, Mega does not count, nigger.

metafags need to be gassed regardless of game or genre, they always reduce everything to the most tedious bullshit imaginable

>My FAVORITE is MAGIKARP
>AWW SHIT I BELIEVED IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS WHAT HAPPENED??
>aww yeah Metapod and Kakuna are the best
>SHIT THEY ONLY GET HARD

It's a meta commentary on how hard and autistic the trainer character is compared to everybody else

I mean, you're running around with 6 legendaries all typed together and fighting dudes on the street with their pet rattatas

I doubt a Lion could swim long enough in a water arena to find a single goldfish. Also it's a fresh water arena, not salt water, bam you win again.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4wykeJBHdE

And know what's usually the most cool? Powerful pokemon.

>Shark is a bullshark
Get nae naed
Also, if the environment is freshwater wouldn't that mean there is riverbed the lion could stand on?

it's already a game made for children, why do you deliberately need to make it even easier for yourself?

>really like Pachirisu
>say fuck it, going competetive with him
>doubles tournament
>proceed to win
2014 was a crazy year

So not "rule of cool" but "rule of being a pretentious douche who thinks gimping himself is a challenge"

Also, inb4 "not all freshwater sources are rivers" ok then lake bed or stream side or whatever else you can think of.

you've misunderstood the point. if you're playing powerful pokes intentionally because you're a metaslut then you need to be gassed. idc if you play powerful pokemon, just play what you enjoy rather than what smogon wants you to

I AM THE BEAST I WORSHIP

Attached: 1497918039521.png (1920x1080, 34K)

Nice machamp

>says the waifufag

>POKEMON ARE YOUR FRIENDS WIN WITH YOUR FAVORITES OHHHHH ANYBODY CAN WIN IF THEY TRY HARD ENOUGH
>in game mechanics force you to use eugenics in order to craft the perfect Pokemon with the correct nature and train it precisely with the correct effort values for it to be viable.

Has there been a series that has been so in conflict with it's own philosophy as much as Pokemon?

Pikachu “beat” Mewtwo with a volt tackle, so yeah.

It's like a tank Seaworld uses for their orcas but with fresh water and you just stand on platforms on the side and delegate to your animal fighters.

>competitive fags
have sex

>both sides using meta mons
you aren't helping that cause

That's some "A skilled Roy can beat any Fox" tier autism

>game features npcs that dont like the mechanics of the game
Any other games do this?

quick question, when you unironically type out facebook quality insults do you think you are making anybody upset? You are just being obnoxious, like a fat kid with a rat tail. Oh, and you aren't fitting it, lurk just a little while longer

It sounds like he's making you a bit upset, user

This. Also I feel as if the games NCPs treat their world as the anime does even though the in game mechanics dont work like that.

there is no way to actually ask this question without sounding upset but really I ain't. I just keep seeing blatant crossboarders dropping it thinking they are insulting anyone. I'm genuinely curious

>I'm totally not mad, and here's this long response about why instead of just not getting baited

Attached: 1535060287479.png (225x227, 119K)

of course not
*ruins your metagame*

Attached: landorus-therian.jpg (819x1000, 148K)

This. Pick a top tier or quit.

>force you
No it doesn’t

idk, works for puff
but a skilled puff beat the entire game

This is the number one reason why I couldn't get into pokemon. Not only that but you capture the pokemon, level them up then expect to release them or have them rot in your PC. Wouldn't be a problem if it was a few times but this game does it a lot.

>one line
>long response
is your attention span that short?

Attached: d.jpg (680x877, 61K)

No.

pretty long for responding to 'have sex'

Attached: 1507324426115.png (626x581, 509K)

Pretty convenient that all of the Elite 4s favorites are fully evolved strong Pokémon.

Attached: 55728130_p0.png (1200x795, 404K)

hey you, have sex___________]

Based and chaospilled

Attached: 1447038835175.png (397x408, 291K)

it was a question, so can you please answer it instead of trying to salvage yourself?

that depends on whether or not you've had sex since I posted

Yeah. I'm sad the pokemon I actually like aren't viable, but I play them anyway. Gloom and Hitmonchan chads rise up

I LOVE CUBONE

Attached: large.jpg (674x599, 47K)

Is he right?

Attached: 1527621210716.png (500x556, 122K)

>fun qt vs. the sweaty neckbeard

he's literally tipping his fedora. of course he's not
and yes I know he's in an area you can only access once you've beaten the elite four, but it's painfully obvious that the rules that apply to the player don't always apply to the npcs in the pokemon world

>Love weedle and evolutions
>Love paras and evolutions
>Friends laugh at me because they are trash in gen 1
>Montage music starts
>Pass the elite barely whit them and others
>Finally decided to figth them
>fuckers use cheats to make them at the level
>dont care
> tryed my best and the fuckers beated me anyways , i still loved my bug team type tough

This environment is smaller and more enclosed so I think while the lion nor the goldfish would be able to damage on another the bullshark would be easily able to outspeed and corner the goldfish.

When you were a little kid you didn't care about a pokemon's stats or whatever. You trained every pokemon 10 levels higher than your opponents and beat them that way. Like skarmory was a shit mon but he was my favorite and I used him as my main in Crystal when I was 7 yrs old. For the purpose of beating the game's story, you can totally get by with your favorites if you put enough effort. It's only when you start getting competitive that naturally strong pokemon are a necessity. You usually start getting more involved into the mechanics as you got older and that's when the game starts losing it's soul. To be fair though "favorite" is purely subjective to tastes and as Yea Forums should know, many people have shit tastes.

Although I guess if you believed hard enough your Magikarp will become a dragon that shits on everything.

And Metapod and Kakuna can actually attack if naturally levelled up, but that's probably just in the games

>4+ pokemon threads up
Just go to /vp/ for fuck's sake.
>implying there's a difference between userbases of each board

Single-player is a lot more fun if you don't min-max like a Smogon autist. That philosophy isn't viable if you intend to play competitively, though, and that is entirely Game Freak's fault.

>muh board quality
A real shame that these threads are taking up catalog space that could be used for another Wojak-flavored shitpost.

Why is it always
>much wojack
Get a new fucking bogeyman you dead board using faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=DVO8QrGAPHs

You wanna fuck that Zangoose don't you?

she's right and it works quite well in-game

competitively you better include one of those ugly as fuck genies to win

Yo!

Attached: 024.jpg (500x520, 98K)

I mean sure but if your favorite is some shit like Victreebell or Luxray just don't be shocked if you don't win that often, focus on having fun.

Attached: 1455506089069.gif (500x364, 983K)

to be honest, pokemon is the only competitive gaming scene that I find mildly amusing.

You wouldn't pick your favorite pokemon if they were just their stats and movepools unless your favorites are also strong

No, I do not want to fuck it.

I want to make love to it.

Attached: 49182288_p3_master1200.jpg (560x524, 88K)

Karen's quote applies to the in universe "power of friendship" logic.

In the context of the single player stories, yeah she definitely is. Nobody in the campaign for any game, as far as I'm aware, comes within ten levels of the level 100, and it's only the strongest trainers in the entire country that clear level sixty in most games. If you train your Beedrill hard enough and are clever enough with your move sets, you can take that sucker all the way to the Hall of Fame. Hell, members of the Elite Four will often have less-than-competitively viable Pokemon on their rosters. Remember that the competitive meta-game is something that's considered secondary, is not engaged with by most of the playerbase, and I'm pretty sure is never addressed in canon. Also keep in-mind that the player character seems to be some sort of prodigy in-universe, so from the perspective of some random trainer in Kanto, the level of competition he's dealing with is, at absolute most, a Dragonite that knows Safeguard/Outrage/Wing Attack/Hyper Beam.

I know this isn't relevant to the point of your post, but Skarmory has been competitively high tier in every generation since its introduction.

>b-but wojak
Yeah, shame about that deus ex thread, three houses thread, & xenoblade thread getting archived.

Did you report the thread?

Karen would be right if the games worked by anime logic. But they don't, the games are objectively a numbers name and work differently from the message the games preach so much. Honestly, her whole speech sounds like a massive cope after she got BTFO by a 10 years old kid.

>Whitney
>Clair
>Karen
Why is Johto such a salty region?

It's okay to try and win with your favorites, do your best to make the most out of them

but don't complain when others use top tier 'mons

In gen 2 it doesnt matter because competitive is a joke. I made a twink dragon rage team and raped the battle tower.

I can get where Clair is coming from. I'd have an inferiority complex too if I were under the shadow of Lance through pretty much my whole life.
Whitney is just a normalfag slut.

She's 100% correct

in Mystery Dungeon and LGPE

Attached: 1490424436631.gif (200x183, 428K)

Checks out.

Attached: hito no katte.jpg (301x432, 98K)

She said TRY TO WIN
not SUCCEED

Both are right because trying to find the strength of what you like and trying to understand what is the best then trying to optimize it are different kinds of strengths
Either way I would prefer to hug my Pokemon

Attached: 1477849195101.jpg (768x1024, 98K)

I don't use /vp/, though. I post in Pokemon threads here on Yea Forums, and there's not a thing your impotent tears can do about it.

Yes
It's a game made for fucking babies, you literally can't fail