PQ2

Is Futaba a lolicon in Persona Q2??

Attached: 1539190376880.png (631x376, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5j2FUKBQcI
aqiu384.github.io/megaten-fusion-tool/pq2/personas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>get the p4 party dropped on me
>can't settle on a party because I like too many characters

Attached: 1442632587865.png (1086x816, 689K)

She's always been a degenerate otaku, she just mostly hides her powerlevel outside Mementos conversations

Attached: futaba.gif (226x284, 1.89M)

haha "futa" she probably fucked them because she has penis

How much is this game? I think I saw $60 somewhere the other day, but that can't be right.

$40 like all 3DS games but there's a $60 special edition.

thanks I've been looking for this image

>download the cia, excited to play the game early
>can't stand playing on my PC

Having to reach for my mouse every few seconds is a real pain in the ass.

Thanks.

>He didn't hack his 3ds

bro?

>No English dub
What a fucking mess, if I had bought it without knowing I'd return it.

Reminder to activate the DLC with your save on Japanese version then transfer save back for P3-P5 OST tracks also some cheesy exp accessory but I'm using the yen accessory to store up on yen

Attached: 1530658414291.png (400x240, 30K)

You shouldn't be spending $40-$60 on a game without doing research in the first place

Yeah, at this point I probably should. I didn't want to do it before because I didn't want to potentially get locked out of Pokemon Bank and GTS, but now I haven't bothered because there's nothing left I want to play on the thibg.

You can emulate the game on pc?

Will I be missing anything in Q2 if I've only played 3 and 5

AHHHHH

>the cast hardly actually interacts with each other
>gameplay is worse than an actual EO game
Should've just been a full P2/P5 crossover honestly.

English dubs are a mess

Attached: lanky-kong-dab.png (690x388, 211K)

>Kanji scream when opening doors
>All I hear is Gilgamesh

I only hear Hanekawa from Chie too

Attached: 1545024187851.jpg (1357x697, 428K)

Especially Atlus dubs where the director tells experienced VAs to deliberately mispronounce Japanese names and terms

Can I do this if I have the english Q and the english Q2 or is this just for the JP one?

>install japanese q2 cia and dlc cia
>import your save from english q2 into japanese version load save and all the dlc is activated then save and import back

Attached: 1540695359492.jpg (1089x547, 318K)

I don't have a hacked 3DS they just sent me this early from Amazon, no bully pls

>Akechi doesn't get Loki
>None of attendees seem to care that he has Wild card that they should be able to sense

Attached: 1539037535449.jpg (773x297, 73K)

They know, they just don't want to mess with the timeline. Same reason why they don't say anything about the twins not being Lavenza.

Someone can spoonfeedme a link for the jap dlc? Been looking for an hour and i cant find it

Attached: 1535861061211.jpg (255x326, 22K)

look harder

Loki was normal in the first PQ
I think they just didn't want to change that

I don't think Loki is in this game at all, so you can't even hear Akechi scream Loki when using skills if you give him it as a sub persona

Really? He should be the highest natural level Fool Arcana Persona available.

>mfw Kamoshidaman
Please help

Attached: 1530521970140.jpg (837x652, 131K)

Nah Ardha is

Attached: 1539087812204.jpg (2560x1440, 573K)

just debuff the fuck out of him and his carrots and keep him from setting up fire wall by not all-out-attacking

Left Carrot is weak to Fire, Right Carrot is weak to Volt
Use Tarunda and Ryuji's Body Shield to reduce damage to your party
Poison can help wear down Kamoshidaman
If you don't All-Out Attack Kamoshidaman in the second phase, he won't ever get rid of his Fire weakness

Everybody is playing it for free right now, this game genuinely might not sell a single copy at this point

Huh, that's weird. In PQ Ardha was a L89 Judgement Arcana Persona.

Mah koto, this dub is what all true actors strive for.

pls no, I would love a 3rd one
I'm buying the SE one, ordered it months ago.

>I would love a 3rd one
>a further casualized EO clone balancing the casts of four fucking games
>not to mention EO's future is hanging in the balance

Attached: 1529493259819.png (270x382, 167K)

>not to mention EO's future is hanging in the balance
They've already announced a new game, what the fuck is with this inane level of melodrama only Atlus fans seem to produce, it's nonstop "they FORGOT " " series HAS NO FUTURE (with a mainline game already announced for it)"

user, I don't even play any mainline persona games and probably won't for the forseeable future. I'm only in this for the mapping. EO's "Next Stage" is already guaranteed.
And a 3rd might work depending on how they do any future Switch revisions.

Attached: arianafishing.png (502x440, 158K)

tier list where

Attached: 1537992658268.jpg (364x393, 79K)

This actually was less casualized than PQ was, so a good step.
Not even on the level of EO4 yet, but still that's better than being Pokemon-tier easy like the original PQ was.
And if they can genuinely make EO work on another console without it feeling clunky, I'd welcome more games like this. EO is their second "priority" series behind MegaTen according to what they said.

The p5 mc seems to be garbage with 2 weaknesses

MegaTen itself is like three series at this point so that's not saying much.

Christ Yusuke you glass cannon

Attached: 1492462459539.png (512x512, 108K)

>akihiko
>98 STR
I guess all these prots had their little effect

Persona 4 is stereotypical anime shit, more than the others

>junpei has a larger stat total than the p3hero

Attached: ace defective stupei.png (793x733, 313K)

he has null bless curse and resist all others after ultimate persona all the MC's get good resists after ultimate

Chad narukami, Chie, Akihiko
Aigis,Haru

Fuck magic

>three
SMT, Persona, DeSu, DDS, Raidou, all of the misc stuff...

More like "SMT, Persona, misc", since we haven't had a new DDS or Raidou in forever.

what are the good travel navi abilities again, any tips on getting it all on one persona fairly early?

what this?

>ken
>konomaru
>akiliko
>Teddie
wtf

unique skills some are completely unique others are just upgraded versions of other skills anyone can get through sub personas etc

The ultimates skills looks worse comparing from the first game

still not playing since i didn't even beat the first one, and after i beat wonderland i got bored as fuck. not in any way did i feel like continuing. still, got the CIA for this one. i hope its the last 3DS game so i can put my fucking cover back on my 3DS. that shit is hard to get off

How much the game sucks the phatom thiefes and FEMC dicks?

Depends on what you consider sucking their dicks. PTs start from the beginning and most of the early character interactions are everyone getting to know each other, which by necessity means the P3 side has a lot of "woah who is this girl how does she know so much about us???" but it doesn't really portray one side as being more competent than any others.

If the are only 4 dungeons how long are they?

Does he get Satanael, or do they slap him with a different second Persona?

>Ziodynecock,Joker,Canon-chan
>Door-kun,Pancake boy
R8 my team

The only way you could be more boring is if you replaced one of them with Aigis.

Very good taste

How is tle level curve?
Looking at the chart it seems that P4 group joins at level 15 while P3 26 that seems too low

well he learns one shot kill naturally for a reason

>joker in front

>all these "can't understand japanese" zoomers crying about Kamoshidaman
Just wait for GRUUUUUUDGE.

There is 5 of them, the 4 one has 8 floors.

Why people are saying rip Ken?

Attached: B&R.png (957x542, 564K)

>blind city
>jusasic park
>A.E.I.G.S
>new girl palace
Whats the fifth?

I want to play it on Citra but I have an AMD GPU so I guess I'll just go kill myself instead.

he dies

The cinema director and her dungeon.

Ribbon>Aigis

No, my bad. The theater director and her dungeon. I mean just look at her, you had to know she is the main boss the first time you met her.

She's always loved little girls, even in P5. She never gets the chance to interact with many little girls, but she loves the twins.

How long until I can get access to the compendium and will the game remember personas that I release before I get to it?

In the first game you pretty much had to use both protags to unlock the better main personas, is there anything similar to that in the new one?

You have to finish 4 dungeons and finish some of Elizabeth's requests. And defeat Velvet room attendants. I think first is Theo and the last one Elizabeth.

So no level requirements for specific characters? Great

By that time you will be past lvl 55 anyway.

Really?

Oh yeah

No one dies. Even the main girl isn't dead this time.

All you need to know is
>Naoto is shit now.
>Goro is the ailment king.
>Aigis is still fucking broken.

Ken looks really good

>>Goro is the ailment king.
>60 luck
lol

Akechi having a cheap salomes kiss doesn't make him ailment king he has nothing good for ailment he just has a good bind, his base luck isn't special

>sub-personas

Too bad it pulls the same shit PQ did with Ken with Goro, having him become nicer and want to genuinely be friends with the thieves only to forget everything and die like a bitch back in P5.

Sub personas can't fix shit Luck.

Is Naoto actually shit now? She's my favorite girl.

Use whoever you want. The game isn't that hard anyway and sub-personas can fix everything.

>The game isn't that hard anyway
Haha yeah

>be level 20
>still die
I had to put the game on safety, the difficulty is bullshit unless you go out of your way to grind for hours

She didn't get nerfed specifically. It's just that Hama/Mudo got nerfed hard. She's still good but she doesn't snap the game in two anymore.

Why does Naoto have79 str?

good
fuck Goro

It seems like they didnt want us to have fast members

I'm just gonna use the same party from the last game just with FeMC replacing somebody and Futaba. I installed the .cia Tuesday but haven't gotten to it yet.

Because 79 Str is relatively low compared to the rest of the cast

Kamoshidaman is a casual filter. After that you get Yosukesaurus which is even harder and after that it's a breeze with both P3 school director and Hikari's father.

Is marmaid arrows still broken?

how do you import the save?

What are the duengeons?

Watch any generic slice of life anime and you'll get P4.

We will never get a new DDS unless they reboot it for some reason.
And Atlus is too incompetent and cheap to develop a half serviceable Raidou on modern consoles.

>Kamoshidaman: Superhero Night City
>Junessic Land: Dinosaur Jungle Park
>A.I.G.I.S.: Futuristic Robot City
>Hikari: Cartoony Musical Wizard of Oz
>Theater District: Warped Movie Theater City

Attached: 1533548391462.jpg (510x673, 98K)

I played it without playing P5 and PQ2 is really heavy on sucking P5 cast's dick. And still no problem.

quite the provocative pose

so ... who's the new naoto ?

>youtube.com/watch?v=F5j2FUKBQcI

Attached: yusuke approved.gif (500x231, 1.11M)

Anyone know a fusion to get Bifronis? I want to fuse Gemori but I'm low on money.

some persona have very few fusions that are only like x2 of same arcana going back or forward, for them you're meant to get them from rare shadows

Why do they keep making P3MC Mr. Magic Man?

Damn, I forgot this game existed.
They sure took their sweet time despite the fact that it's not dubbed, and it doesn't even have any discounted price to make up for it.

But PQ was a special game for me and I enjoyed it a lot, so I'll cop.

>low on money
What the fuck... that's like absolutely impossible in this game.

how do I transfer the save between regions? They have a different ID do I just drag and drop the save data into the right folder?

What's your team so far?
Joker/Haru/Chie
Yukiko/FeMC
I used mostly P3 characters in PQ so I tried switching things up this time. Joker's crit up skill is too good.

Attached: 1492896378997.png (386x650, 301K)

>just got to the third dungeon
>realize i'm going to have to pick from the p3 cast too
fuckkkkkkkk
also, does anyone know what triggers unison attacks? or are they really just fucking random

Should I bother going back and finishing PQ1?
I got to the last dungeon.

I say just use your top 5 favorites unless one of them is Teddie

Attached: 1558476185759.jpg (720x770, 34K)

yes

This game is reminding me that they never managed to make a velvet room attendant as good as Elizabeth.

download?

That FeMC battle bgm is pure fucking fire

>tfw sd card got corrupted
>lost my PQ save
>no will go back to it
Should I just jump to 2?

I still haven't gotten everyone but i'm aiming for

joker, akihiko, chie
aigis, haru

Do you get a penalty for having low-level personas equipped?

The high-level compendium got so sparce that there was nothing I could upgrade my characters to.
That's why I quit IIRC.

yeah sure

Was Makoto/Joker/Haru FeMC/Yukiko
now Joker/Yu/Aigis FeMC/Door.

You'll get a third one on the switch, don't you worry about that. But the 3DS is ded, unfortunately, I loved this little handheld, they could keep making games for it forever and I'd keep playing.

I use jk save manager on 3ds, export the save file, put sd card in my computer and move the files into the japanese folder and then go back to jk save manager and import that into the japanese version load it and activate dlc save

>Naoto is shit now
Fug. I wanted to put her on the party just because I like her. Is she bad to the point of being a hindrance or is she still okay compared to everyone else?
Seems like it's going to be a pain in the ass picking a party, and it was already a pain in Q1.

Attached: 1525745266711.jpg (480x910, 39K)

Use her for ailments instead of hama/mudo

Naoto has good stats just for inflicting ailments and binds if you give her the sub persona for it nobody is really useless

Can you still inflict bosses and FOEs with panic and make them unable to do literally anything but basic attacks

Jesus how shit are you? I grinded to lvl 15 and felt scummy about it.

You can still use pokemon bank.

this can't be true I did it on hard fairly easily after I got media + healing passive increase

joker didn't die either so it was basically same as if I was on risky

Just did it with the two bosses in Kamo City, then used Armor Splitter/Ambushed Arts/Guilloutine set up to cheese them. They can still one shot you, even with Tarunda and Fang Smash attack debuff when they broke free though.

How do i activate the dlc?
Already imported the usa save to the jap game, now what?

who isnt?

>experienced
lol

Naoto is fast as fuck and has amazing luck, so turn 1 she can lock down the entire enemy party with Tentarafoo/Lullaby/binding and make everything easier.
The only other characters who compare to her Spd+Luk are FeMC (slower, less Luk, about the same offense stats, better used as a Linker), Chie (if you use her for anything but Phys attacks you're using her wrong), Teddie (a lot less HP, more End, more Magical, less physical, and is fucking Ted), Mitsuru (Less Luk, less HP, more SP, better offenses), and Ken (Fastest, most Luk, low HP, a 5th grader).
Ken and Mitsuru might be slightly better due to their base skillsets, but Naoto's is also usable in its own way.

Is she as broken as in 1?

Attached: 1557473639905.gif (600x358, 2.47M)

cute and funny

I agree and I'm not looking forward to getting a Switch honestly, the 3DS is one of my favorites and the Switch doesn't appeal to me as much. A shame but everything comes to an end. Probably going to play my 3DS for a long time to come though.

Stagnant Air and Impure Reach made even Yosuke able to inflict ailments relatively reliably even though he has the lowest luck in the game in PQ. Unless they removed those then his luck being low means fuck all.

You forgot the most important part
>Junpei is now just good rather than great
>Akihiko stole Junpei's role and is now the best bruiser in the game, and the only one able to pull off double multihit reliably

stagnant air just extends shit doesn't increase success rate?

luc-mag reverse exist

Well that was just referring to Ailments (Stagnant Air extends ailment AND bind time and Impure Reach increases Ailment chance) but if you just want it for binds then just replace Impure Reach with Binding Hands and it's the same shit.
That too.

>Persona 5 Royal thread, console warring
>Persona Q thread, people talking about the game
I wish mods were true about their own words about no console war.

First person dungeon crawling is the strongest pleb filter

Attached: 1523747649857.png (530x537, 33K)

>implying yosuke has high mag

ok lol how late are those accessories anyway anyone can be good late game usually shit gets easier later on

I just unlocked the ticket side quests and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. This request wants me to kill 8 basalts in the first dungeon, but looking at the ticket it says 1st Ave but the enemies only spawn on the 2nd. Can i just kill the ones on second? Because I've been running around 1st and none of them have appeared.

I didn't imply Yosuke has high mag (about the only good stat he has is speed, he's not a terribly good unit but I used him the whole run of PQ regardless, not sure if I will for this), we were talking about Akechi and I used Yosuke as an example because he has even lower luck.
Also Impure Reach and Binding Hands can be gotten pretty early, but not as skill cards.

What does futaba do compered to rise and fukka?

>Kamoshidaman giving his big dick of justice to casuals
Fucking based, Abe-approved dick.

IM GONNA SAY THE C WORD

I think on Risky it makes story bosses immune to ailments.

Just kill them on the second, they probably just made a mistake

You have to go to the special screening rooms.

Risky is just Hard but you can't run away from FOEs without items/navi and game over if Joker dies (he's locked).

Wow I feel retarded. Thanks I can't believe I missed that.

Really? I heard it does give the ailment protection to bosses, did I get lied to? Can you just panic rush Kamoshidaman?

>Ryuji
>Lowest SPD in game
>Runs track

Makes perfect sense.

Much like EO and SMT, not every ailment/bind will work on every boss. Sometimes you just have to try something else (he's very resistant to Panic and you should use Poison instead).

He's a cripple

Kamoshida fucked up his legs remember?

>there’s even a moment where Joker tells him to run up a wall to try to get a ladder because they mentioned that he’s the fastest out all of them in Q2.

>she does the Slav squad
she's a fucking degenerate and probably a psychopath

Attached: fa6.png (800x836, 482K)

He’s still fast though in P5 there’s a scene where he runs up a sinking ship

I know, I only play this because it's got EO mapping mate.
But the problem in the original PQ is that there was only one boss that nulled panic, and it was the Captor Spider near the end of the game. The status ailment resistance distributions were basically nothing.

Final Guard

Yeah, but at another point in the same cutscene you can see him punching his knee because running like that is probably hurting like hell

Lmao English dubs are fucking terrible, you should be thanking Atlus for saving you from the ear rape

Still fast though

I'd argue Yukiko is better at Ailments

A lot of characters are better than Goro at inflicting ailments, his only advantage is that he gets a really cheap Salome's Kiss naturally.

You can still use the bank, stop being a autist and do it.
3ds.guide

Mitsuru looks pretty good

>AOA leaves one enemy alive with a sliver of health

Attached: 1551128385825.png (528x599, 230K)

I hope she's better because she was a joke of a unit in PQ1

I tried usa save to jap to activate dlc and back to usa. Only the summoned personas saved, I don't see the dlc items or bgm.

>No English dub
shit, now I HAVE to buy it. Fuck dubs, and fuck localization

I forgot to transfer the all the save data folder. I just recopied the extradata. Never mind, i see the dlc now.

fucking weebs

I just want the Elizabeth navigator bros... I might stop playing till the DLC drops so I can have her

No, and let's be real, that's for the best.

I'm bad at video games, how do I beat the yoskesaurus

Safety mode.

>it doesn't even have any discounted price to make up for it
their discount was charging the normal price of a 3DS game instead of snowflake atlus tax

Poison the Herbivorous Dinos

I'm bad enough to play on easy but that's too bad man

Japan isn't just all anime tiddies and waifus my normalfag friend.

Can't it be pirated?

Retards. Focus on one carrot at a time. Preferably start with the right one. He's the hardest boss in the game because of what you have available at the time

Japanese navi dlc doesnt transfer like the music. I'll be pirating it but not until the NA dlc releases on June 4th

Quit looking for pedo trash when its not there, filthy pedos everywhere now days.

>unison attacks?
There are some specific ones but honestly they dont do much more damage than normal and the animation is somewhat of an annoyance

>second dungeon is about Yosuke being a beta.

Attached: 1557073060950.png (612x513, 355K)

You can press start to skip the animation.

dinosaur*

Why is Anne so fucking CUTE??

Attached: citra-qt 2019-05-25 00-12-38-17.png (1920x1008, 1.31M)

>Love SJ(R)
>Like P5
>Want to get into PQ
>Cant stand it
Is this how all EO games play like? Not a big fan. Whatsthe trick to enjoying it? Also does PQ2 have actual demon designs or shadow blobs again?

>Is this how all EO games play like
No

Guys, I REALLY like Yukari!

Attached: 04408473-DEC6-44DF-8900-C7C74E15DF55.png (501x600, 312K)

peaked at Stupei

>enemies with bufu that are only weak to psi on the first floor of dungeon 2
yeah I'm thinking haru is required

>Is this how all EO games play like?
No, actually try one, the demos are on the eshop. You can either map like normal or turn on automap if you're a more casual player.

Sub-Personas

Is there anyone as OP in this game as Naoto was in the first one?

Attached: 1420558098152.jpg (600x4111, 997K)

>shut in otaku neet in japan
>not being a lolicon

Why is it so farfetched lmao

In terms of mob clearing? Not really.
Aigis is still a busted boss killer though.

mob clear is weakness then aoa, mitsuru and p3hero are probably best for that with their unique passives. aoe panic is good too on some high agi/luck user

I like how everyone knows how fucking broken Naoto is and yet she's somehow only in high tier

>need to fuse bifrons (fool) for the first special fusion
>they change the fusion chart every game for some reason
>they didn't include it in the manual
anyone know the recipe for a fool?

literally google "PQ2 fusion chart"

I found him as a random drop at the first dungeon, so I got lucky there. Just fuse two fools and you'll get a lower level persona of the same arcana; see if that works.

there isn't one yet, at least in english search terms

I'm level 16

aqiu384.github.io/megaten-fusion-tool/pq2/personas

retard

>golden beetle ran away
>akechi missed bind 5 times

m8...

it's an incorrect chart

Just confuse it

The English dub uses honorifics
That's cringe.

american accents in very japanese setting is cringe either way

>dubfags cry about weebs while their VA's call each chan and kun while speaking english
the ironing

Attached: 1512051238176.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

Is there some penalty for using lower or high level personas? I remember reading from tip at start

Lower, yes, 5-10 levels

Is it better than PQ1? Is PQ1 even good?

Attached: 1492329969088.png (690x632, 126K)

What the fuck did they do to my lovers waifus

PQ starts good and becomes too easy too fast.
PQ2 is better so far, but I'm only about to finish the second dungeon.

Shit dude, they're still retarded

Attached: eatingcontest.webm (1600x960, 2.93M)

still retarded

Attached: failinggunsafetyclass.webm (1600x958, 2.85M)

Is the second boss really going to be the hervibores? What a twist.

Attached: 1539291713407.jpg (259x259, 8K)

Naoto's is built for raping randoms but that's about it. Her actual utility against bosses is pretty much nothing.

Only the bosses with total status/bind immunity, which is a lot fewer than you might think.

Except that her high luck and speed also makes her good at inflicting ailments, that bosses and FOEs are not only vulnerable to but utterly fucked by

Also helped by the fact that Impure Reach affected both status skills and hama/mudo skills

Naoto and Door have similar statlines so they often run a similar sub persona setup so she's not really unique there. What I was talking about is that her personal skill set doesn't offer much boss utility so you have to make up for it with sub personas. Compare that to say Door who brings Debilitate to the party.

Does she really need a lot of utility when the two things she's good at completely wreck the game with very little setup? There's also nothing stopping you from running both her and Door.

how are almighty attacks in this or just better to go weakness then aoa

Her personal skill set already has a bunch of the slots needed for her role, and the perfect stat spread.

Door is going to be a nuker, because he's built for that in every way, there's literally no reason to turn him into a support role

Nigga just hit them with physical until they're dead

>thinking he still has debiltate

m8 only akechi has it and it's 15-20 levels after you can get it from a sub persona skill card so it isn't even useful for akechi much

Yusuke has 99 strength? How?

She took the cunny pill, one of the reasons she shows interest in joker is that he is a longterm investment for getting more cunny

How many floors does the 5th one have?

No but that picture is turning me into one

That's what I did lol. I had Aigis and Protag in the front and MC and Naoto on the back. I forgot who was the fifth.

That's kind of a ballsy joke for Atlus, I'd expect this from Danganronpa, but not Persona.

I never once said that you couldn't use both Naoto and Door. The entire point is that someone was asking why Naoto was only high tier and the answer is Door exists and can do everything she can with a little more.

Offensive magic in PQ1 isn't very good so you're going to be using Door to cover whatever Naoto isn't doing ailment/bind wise and if possible to double up on one of Hama/Mudo for faster random clearing.

The conversation was entirely about PQ1.

power of autism, hunger and poverty

Haven't played either PQ games. Is there a reason P3MC's stats are so shit? Is there a mechanic where MC's can easily swap their stats like in the main games.

Who should I be using on the backline for magic for occasionally exploiting weaknesses? I have a front line full of tanks and bruisers, and I keep Joker for his crit buff. Otherwise he acts as a healer. I'm using P3MC but I wonder if Mitsuru would be a better choice

P3MC's unironically one of the best mages in the game despite having a lower magic stat than a lot of people. He has Fire/Ice/Elec/Wind/Nuke/Psy Amp for magic in one skill slot.

Akihiko should just kill himself if Yusuke is stronger than him. All that training and some poor starving autistic person is better than him lol

yukiko can cover that plus binds and ailments

where can I download the rom

Stat totals mean very little. Ken, for example, despite having the highest stat average, is a steaming pile of garbage.

>occasionally exploiting weaknesses?
The only way I'm dealing decent damage is with AOAs, how are you doing that without exploiting weaknesses?

take the tankpill user. A front line of pure physical with Joker's crit buff to an entire row, I can consistently knock everyone down with the three on the front line with physical. I have Door in the back just in case someone on the front line can't crit. It's insurance

I'm not a big fan of Ken as a character for what he did in P3 but he's actually one of the best characters in PQ2. Extremely high luck and learns a clone of the P3P MC's unique passive. He requires more set up to pull off the link gimmick though.

Whos a good front and back or does it not matter in PQ?

He gets debilitate in PQ1, the best debuff.
In PQ2 he gets an Amp to all magic but unfortunately the game's balance isn't that different from PQ1 and magic is dogshit compared to physical. Still the best all purpose mage if you want to use him.

>front
Aigis is the single best frontliner in the entire game, always ignore the game's retarded advice of sticking her in the back. In PQ1 she has natural damager reducers/nulls that affect her whole row and the front row is far more likely to eat attacks, as well as being the row where other bruisers stay for line based buffs that she LOVES to have.
In 2 she's still amazing but you need to give her Swordbreaker since it's not innate this go around.
Otherwise just physical heavy hitters work great in the front.

Magic is a lot better in Q2 than it was in Q1 since they got rid one the primary problems which was the fact that they were overpriced for their damage output.

PQ1 flanderizes the cast heavily I didn’t like that, at least the group dating cafe dungeon was fun.

PQ2 actually feels like the characters are themselves. It’s almost like P5 lite.

It still doesn't really make them worth using over phys, unless they can crit now and SP restoring skills exist for the big dick damage ones that'll cost a lot regardless of balance changes.
With phys, you can use Myriad Arrows (or Yoshitsune/Mahakala's signature skills preferably) with Akihiko to deal absolutely ridiculous damage, or use linkers with a proper set up (which takes more time but eh). Unless they made them able to crit and also decreased the power of healing skills, they'll only be useful for early floors where element weaknesses are most important.
And to top it off, playing on Risky sticks Joker in at all times, which means crits for everyone.

Americans are such retards. I'm glad I'm not a retard who obsesses over dubs because "it's too hard to read!"

>japanese ""humor""

Spells still can't critical but they have perfect accuracy (enemies in Q2 feel a lot more evasive than they were in Q1). Mitsuru's weakness damage also has a higher multiplier than that of everyone else's so as long as you can hit a weakness which isn't very hard in Q2, she's going to be doing good damage.

Joker's critical buff is good but you're only going to be able to target one row with it and you're wasting his damage output if you're going to suggest alternating between rows to keep that up. The balance is still clearly in favor of physicals (Links are the strongest thing in the game by far), but as I said before, the gap isn't as large as it was in Q1, now that its easier to get Boost/Amp/Super Boost on one character combined with lower sp costs.

You say this, and pic unrelated but Elizabeth is unironically one of the only video game characters that can me me laugh audibly

There's no point in alternating any buff skill between rows. The two rear units usually just function as support for the front 3.
Mitsuru, well that's not really a huge argument in favor of magic, more just in favor of elemental phys attacks like Nuclear Blast. Her stats are much more usable and her signature skill isn't a literal joke this time around, so she can do phys just as usably as she can do magic if not better, and it's better because not only will she do the boosted damage from her skill, she'll also crit with it. No reason really to make her use magic over it unless you can't access any of those skills or don't have enough money to fuse them onto a sub persona for her.
The only really solid point here is the accuracy. I think phys may have been changed but if not God's Stab and Demon's Stab shouldn't be any harder to get than the element boosts.

I fucking love these threads. Theres something about the absolute broken state of both Persona Q games that allow for an autistic level of mechanic discussion that's great. I don't really know if EO is similar in that sense but I missed this from when Q came out back in 2014

Attached: 1558034046565.jpg (850x635, 179K)

what is this from?

Mitsuru has good str and mag but she still has higher magic than physical. I believe its also generally harder to pass on the good elemental physical attacks than the high end spells. Also, physicals being able to miss can bite you in the ass during randoms especially earlier on the game. For bosses its irrelevant because they're supposed to be debuffed but for one/two turn affairs, just hit them with their weakness spells and get the easy AoAs.

I fucking love the line stickers, they're adorable.

Attached: PQ2_LINE_Stamp_13.png (259x224, 27K)

>can’t date best girl Ryuji in P5
This game fucking sucks

Does Q2 have a waifu quiz like the original?

By 4 points user, it's not a significant enough boost to consider her a magic oriented unit, she's a frail mixed attacker that can perform any offensive role reliably. I don't think it's that hard considering that the dynes are usually found around the same level and really aren't any better in damage. "Severe" tier spells (other than almighty ones) are just as hard to get as the signature phys ones, like Loki's severe ice magic skill (but then again people told me Loki's not even in PQ2).
Also inflict agility bind, one of the bums in the back row should be your status unit. Even if something's immune to panic it's rare to find something that nulls BOTH panic and agility bind,. No missing there. Did they nerf Circle availability?

The 3rd sidequest at kamo city is kicking my ass. The police shadow can almost one shot with its attack. Should I finish up the second dungeon first before tackling it again?

I'm very much well aware that Panic/Bind can disable enemy evasion but randoms in Q2 aren't that durable so to me its faster to just wipe them out with a few quick AoAs than it is to putz around with ailments unlike in EO where you really wanted to stick that Sleep/Panic to prevent wipes.

If you need to do multiple AoAs to finish the battle then it's worth sparing a single unit's action inflicting the bind/ailment while everyone else preps with stuff like Power Charge or Dragon Cry/Bestial Roar. Slamming one enemy with all you might in one go then picking off the survivor is usually more efficient than having to take a more than one full round of attacks from a default enemy party.
Also to be clear I'm not saying magic sucks in Q2 (and hot damn did it fucking suck in Q1), just that phys is still the clearly superior choice over it.

>Prep
Not needed, if the enemy party doesn't die in the first AoA, they only have enough hp for a single aoe attack to wipe out the rest. Its still very much like EO and Q1 where the buff/debuff works are only worth it for FOEs/Bosses. If you're using status for randoms its either to shut down some potentially crippling move (Bind/Sleep/Panic) or to end the battle faster (Poison)

gay

I wonder what hit scales off of this time. Anyway with Mind's Eye for a whole row available I don't think there's any other sort of need for phys units to do any more than move after him. I didn't really do much with randoms outside of the first stratum in PQ, because Naoto crushed everything from there meaning their HP was meaningless. Bind then beatdown with multihit doesn't sound any less viable in this one, unless I'm missing something.
In EO I'm not sure what you mean because on expert most encounters from stratum 2 onwards usually have a chance of including an enemy that's just a bagful of buttfuck for your party, like those green dinosaurs in EO2U Auburn Thicket. An atk debuff could save you a gameover there.

Eh in EOs case, the hardest part is generally just getting your team to get over the initial difficulty spike in the new stratum, once you're there its just a matter of identifying the most troublesome target and killing/neutralizing it first. Its only if you get one of those infamous encounters like Muskoid/Sleeping Lion/Thunder Beast then it really becomes a problem.

Usually part of the problem comes from said powerful enemy having high HP but yeah I get what you mean. I'd say Hollow Magus, Thunder Beast, Sleeping Lion is worse. Every move you make you're fucked, and it prevents setup because of the Magus's blood pact skill waking the lion up with an atk boost.
Love that encounter.

Technically Futaba is a loli herself.

The best team composition in Q2 is probably something like
Joker + 2 Phys
2 Magic

Use Rebel/Revolution Soul + Physical for bosses while cast Ma-dyne spells for randoms.

even though futaba was the only one worth romancing in the game (until we get actual cunny choices) she technically isn't

Personally I run
Joker, akihiko, aegis
Yukiko, makoto
I really want to use haru too but I don't know where to put her

>tfw DDS was my first SMT ever
>tfw never forgot about random battles where enemies killed me with one-hit attacks

Good times.

When does the DLC pack drop? June 4th? I don't want to go through the whole Japanese save file thing.

June 4th yeah. I'm bummed because I want some of the dlc but don't want to spoil the entire game for me so I've been playing Q1 while waiting for English release. I stopped halfway or so thru the second dungeon in Q2

Fun Fact: Her Japanese Va is a legit pedophile. Not. A joke. Look up that interview with her.

Attached: 1553782073550.jpg (608x540, 32K)

It's okay when females do it.

Wasn't it stated women can't be pedos because something female brains?

Who said that? Vice? Salon?

Best composition is (assuming Risky)
Joker/Aigis/Akihiko
Goro (or any high luc unit)/P3MC
Alternatively
Joker/Aigis/Akihiko
Ken/FeMC

They really didn't hold back with that Kamoshida fight

I like them too.
EO threads aren't really the same but there's lots of skill build talk and such.
It takes more effort to make a totally hyper optimized damage dealer party in EO, and it's usually horribly unbalanced for dealing with anything other than superbosses (e.g. one superboss killer team for a specific postgame boss is a team of 5 snipers, or in EO3 you can try instakilling the Abyssal God with one ninja but good luck surviving long enough to use the skill required to do so).

Are Akihiko and Shinjiro any good in this game, and are the MCs required in the party?
I'd like to run a party of the boys with Akihiko, Shinjiro, Junpei, Kanji, and Yusuke

>That superiority of the p3 cast
>p4 cast almost nonexistent
Feels good to be a p3chas, also p3 femc theme is really fucking good

no joker on backrow supporting with his crit buffs hitting 3 front row phy

Akihiko is the best physical damager in the entire game because he's the only one with a proper Gemini skill now.
Shinjiro, Kanji, and Junpei appear to be average bruisers (Junpei used to be the king since he had Golden Gemini in PQ1, but Akihiko stole that spot). Yusuke is as well but he's rather frail and has awful luck.
Joker is only required on Risky.

Well if you wanted P4, Naoto and Yukiko are both good alternatives to Goro. He just has a very economical and useful signature skill once you get a subpersona or skill card of Binding Hands.

>PQ2 actually feels like the characters are themselves. It’s almost like P5 lite.
This is the one thing I was afraid of not happening, thank you so much for the great news user. I'm fully excited for the game now

Don't bully her, she claimed she only enjoyed looking at young boys from a distance and found scruff older men attractive in their own right

Hey man, i'm not going to throw stones in my glass house, I just think it's interesting.

Attached: 1512838511206.jpg (453x358, 20K)

>use up a turn to have a chance to do double skil activation for only 2 turns

lol

It’s just two bros hanging out and admiring each other’s bodies. Nothing gay about it

Yes user, that's exactly what you want. If that procs once on a turn where he's used a single move buff like power charge, he's doing 16 attacks with Hassou Tobi (or 14 with Myriad Arrows/Danse Macabre), all with boosted crit from Joker, backed up by the strongest atk stat in the game (which ties with some others but eh, he's the only one with the ability). It's not quite the same as just using the skill two turns in a row without the skill active.

So story and writing wise is this better than PQ? I might add I love the original PQ and think P5 has the worst story in the series.

Would you say the P5 characters are better written?

Which interview?

How is haru?

Consider this
He can not only do the same things all the other physical hitters do well, but he has that as an extra option that's really useful when paired with the MC that you HAVE to carry on Risky. It's damn good. Not gamebreaking like in Q but still worthy of being the best among his phys comrades.
Tank unit

can you even bind or panic the 2nd dungeon boss I tried like 10 times with booster skill

Poisma, cripple his evasion then
>Arrow rain
>Arrow rain
>Arrow rain

IT TAKES A SINGLE NOD TO FALL IN LINE
BUT IT TAKES EVERYTHING TO STAND ALONE

Attached: 1508462566220.gif (500x640, 2.97M)

Yes

i want to play with Futabas belly button

Cute, always on my frontline doing critical.

What is the damp leaf event in 4th floor for morgana just says to move on

>he doesn't know

Jitsu wa Watashi wa
The faces are top tier and it's a fun series to read. Anime is ok but cuts around and changes a lot of things.

Attached: Arrested.jpg (821x922, 367K)