Ace Attorney

Why did they get rid of Apollo?

Attached: apollo-deskslam(a).gif (256x192, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/禁酒番屋
youtube.com/watch?v=1W46I1NyW4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honestly for the only way to advance in these games stories is to star getting rid of the old mc, they should ditch or reduce Pheonix Wright and eventually Athena later I doubt Apollo will be absent he might just appear in AA7 or 8

Because Phoenix sell copies

Yeah, I feel the same way
I unironically want an Athena game

>American Localization
>Character's last name is literally "Justice".

Why is Yea Forums upset about localization changes all the time but gives "Phoenix Wright" a free pass?

I don't really think Athena fit as protagonist but whatever the writter might pull something cool for her. I also feel the need of a new investigation game but with a brand new mc having Edgeworth as his/her boss.

Unpopular opinion on Yea Forums, but I like Apollo a lot, especially after SoJ. I understand that the backstory stuff can be kind of ridiculous but it just doesn't really bother me.

Attached: hqdefault (8).jpg (480x360, 8K)

Hello, everyone! My name is Dragon Isee, and with my assistant Evening Village (who loves burgers and who I met after her sister, Thousandfathoms Village, was killed), I investigate crimes and defend clients as a defense attorney! My rival is the prosecutor Clever Swordedge, who I was in primary school with (together with my first client, Youknow Forsure). He was mentored by Fromhell Demon, a famous prosecutor (who is now gone, but his legacy continues with his daughter, Dark Demon).

These days I've taken proteges myself, like Surprise Lawboy and Moon Heartnoise, and adopted a daughter, Seethrough. Life is swell here in Japanifornia.

Attached: 1450370141594.gif (256x192, 80K)

Even if AA7 is all about LA again, Apollo will absolutely appear in the final case. I'd bet money on it.

I think most people like Apollo, just not his game.

I think Athena could have a pretty cool arc and be written well as a main protagonist. 6-4 is basically a trial run of what her game would be like, trials with mentally ill people which could actually be pretty neat if done well. Also any excuse for more Blackquill is a good thing.

Attached: 69Vu.gif (334x201, 1.45M)

An Athena game with Blackquill as "assistant" would be godlike

I just want a new game, man. Any.

Attached: phoenix maya pearl storm.jpg (681x806, 133K)

Same here, I don't handle these droughts well

>Just wanna play SoJ and DD
>They run like ass on Citra

It's weird because the Layton Crossover ran fine.

It was a fun combo in AA6 sadly that case was bad, very japanese for my taste.

I literally want anything that let me investigate, interact with funny characters and shot down enemies with truth. Danganronpa was fine as well I didn't like it more than a AA but It was a good try of something that dont require shoot someone.

Did you play all the AA games? A DGS translation came out very recently

Hopefully so he can have some side games where he can actually grow as a character without getting cucked out of screentime by Phoenix.

>very Japanese
Why are you calling the very American art of Rakugo Japanese?

Man I know the translation sometimes is on point with names being fun shit as the japanese counterpart that use puns but I always had problem with locations, or things like customs getting put in America hahaha

3 backstories
3 games
fuck off Apollofag

>apollo justice looked like apollo is the new guy and in the next game we will see the trucy apollo arc
>aa5 is about a new character with another gimmicky stuff
>aa6 is about a complete different country and apollos dad who raised him, which doesn‘t make sense at all.

Attached: blackquill sake.jpg (609x2179, 411K)

That line was basically untranslatable. In the JP version it's some kind of bizarre reference to how in a certain rakugo they avoid calling some alcohol sake and instead call it liquid castella (水カステラ)

ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/禁酒番屋

*ahem*
Fuck the Gramaryes

Attached: Kanenari_portrait.png (414x600, 315K)

Good localization, it's pretty great and works for all characters

So Apollo and Phoenix overthrew a crazy dictator of a small Asain country without needing a bloody revolution. Where's there fucking Nobel Peace Prize?

they did a good job with blackquill, thought he'd be just coldsteel the prosecutor but really turned out to be a decent character kind of like Godot

Rayfa

Defense layers always get the shaft in AA user. You know that

AA6 literally ends on a stinger regarding his dumbass mom, why do people think he won't be back?

6-4 was funny but I don't think they make a good duo honestly. Athena almost felt like she might as well have not been there.

They can just keep Blackquill around as her Edgeworth and it'd be fine, he is a prosecutor too after all. They should have Phoenix in the 'assistant' seat for Athena more often in my opinion, that one part of 5-3 where they did that was nice.

Attached: 58631963_p1.jpg (1182x1365, 889K)

>Athena almost felt like she might as well have not been there.
I sort of agree, 6-4 made Athena too much of a newbie. Remember that she beat Blackquill on her own merit back in 5-3. A game where he begrudgingly respects her would be cool, though.

I think new game - new prosecutor is too much ingrained to go away, honestly.

I don't like that cup

Whether you like it or not, Justice is an actual last name. I know someone who has that as theirs

They didn't get rid of Apollo
They just shelved him so that he doesn't have to be constantly around.
He's on call, one plane ticket away from being in any court they want him to be part of.

I wouldn't mind a game based in Khura'in with Apollo and his new rookie lawyer trainee, Datz Are'bal.

>Datz as a lawyer
oh fuck yes

>is a goofy fuck-up most of the game
>mans the fuck up during the final case

How about a game as young Mia?

Why did phoenix turn bum mode again?

He wasn't doing a good enough job of cleaning the toilets after Trucy did her business

Because he couldn't be a lawyer and he had to be kind of low-profile

>ywn clean up Trucy's fragrant lady logs

Ace Attorney gets grandfathered in because almost all of the changes made were in service of reproducing the original Japanese experience (see the names in ). They definitely went a little overboard in some places, like Japanifornia or burgers, but generally speaking the intent was to adhere to the spirit of the original for a new audience.

Contemporary localizers do not care at all about the original experience at all, they only care about what they get to write and what they can get away with. While the AA localization will replace a silly Japanese pun with a silly English one, localizers now will take a serious name and replace it with a pun because "fuck you, I can." Localizers now would cut Maya (and Pearl) summoning Mia if they could, and if not they would redraw every single one of her sprites and rewrite her as a bitchy angry feminist instead of a normal mentor who uses a mixture of kindness and severity depending on the situation. Localizers now would replace the "the legal system is broken and unfair, watch these characters struggle against all odds" with "#resist". Or they would try, and recieve backlash either from the Japanese higher-ups or the audience. The difference is respect for the source material and the original experience: AA has it so it is afforded more freedom, while localizers nowadays do not have it so they can't be trusted with any freedom at all.

5-3 is the WORST case in the series

Not at all, not even close. It's actually one of my favorites.

He suffers from raiden syndrome, he was always going to be disliked by some.

2-3 would like a word...

Not true

Finally. It's been two years since I last saw this pasta

Attached: Moe_Aha_Aha.gif (256x192, 146K)

Just go with the bizarre reference, but the punchline is that everyone except her understands this bizarre reference.

5-3 is good fun

Attached: hugh friends.jpg (242x251, 14K)

The circus one? I do remember very clearly how funny it was only because Franziska whiped them all

I love Susato!

Susato is ridiculously competent and should be the protagonist!

Attached: susato inferior.png (400x240, 97K)

She's the best assistant

Attached: LikeThisDaddy.png (322x415, 242K)

Attached: 0d60fdedb7dfcb9f022cc642b848c228.jpg (750x1000, 821K)

Susato

Attached: Mikotoba_Susato.png (300x801, 187K)

Attached: 1555206341370.png (400x240, 71K)

Not Susato

Attached: susato.png (450x1256, 471K)

I wanna fuck Gina

Fuck this guy. I vastly prefer his cousin and his cute assistant

Attached: Chad and his assistant.png (1218x1500, 644K)

Doesn't he fact that The Original games got remastered guarantee that there wont be a new one for another long ass time

OI GUVNA U WANNA STIK IT IN ME COOCH?

Things the AA series needs

>Cases about something OTHER than murder
>more sophisticated use of evidence in trials, it's not enough to pick the right piece, you have to rotate three-dimensional objects or highlight text on a page, or maybe even watch short videos
>take some inspiration from the Edgeworth games and have the investigation half of the game played from the prosecutor's perspective
>both sides can still have surprise pieces of evidence during the trials

All the games have been remastered in HD. The original trilogy has been reremastered in 4K and AA7 has been teased

>Cases about something OTHER than murder
Alright. Every case is about accidental deaths

Nah, like burglaries or a deal about a bribe (maybe with murder).

cute

Attached: Athena_and_Phoenix_as_pirates.png (1136x640, 972K)

fuck yeah i want some fucking unethical pharmeceutical practices being debated

would grope

fuck yeah i want some intricacies of patent law being discussed in detail

How would Phoenix defend Lee Harvey Oswald in court?

Attached: 1528512137398.gif (256x192, 83K)

They already tried replacing Phoenix with Apollo and it just got them a bunch of autistic screeching

Playing through AAI2 right now. When does this game get good?

Attached: 1557531106410.gif (1440x810, 713K)

Prove that it was Ted Cruz's dad that took the shot

Funny, I just got done playing his game and I have to say in retrospect AA5 was a mistake. It neither resolved the questions I had about the original trilogy (Where's Maya? How's Gumshoe doing? How did Edgeworth take things) nor did it follow up on Apollo's arc. It just introduced a whole new set of characters when I would have preferred that to wait for a game or two. Wright turning right back to his old self after 7 year is REALLY odd after playing AA4.

When Debeste wets himself

I'm more than half way through the third case (with Edgeworth's dad) and this game is an absolute chore to play. Why is it near the top of ever AA tier list?

AA4 was the mistake.

>tfw you think AA4 is one of the best games in the series

Attached: Trucy.png (1463x1439, 3.13M)

Cause you get to bully Debeste to the point where he contemplates giving up on life

same, also trucy best girl

The same way he defended Hitler

Play Ace Attorney Multiplayer in Yea Forums's server! please

Attached: 1543826429779.png (256x173, 79K)

That's the only good case in 5 though

Attached: 1543697209885.png (584x397, 399K)

Never again. I can't do that to myself again.

Attached: 1539761808717.png (495x338, 123K)

Attached: 1547679838001.png (249x170, 84K)

Attached: yes.jpg (680x916, 138K)

Desperation is not a good sales tactic shill

classic

Attached: 1538983859045.png (999x177, 149K)

Attached: 1556629624334.png (254x173, 81K)

He was the most threatening Japanifornia culprit in the series. Prove me wrong.

>He failed out of class 7 years in row
>He was 25
>Being idolized by 16 year olds
>Could get any underage pussy he wanted.
Hugh could have had it all.

Simon Keyes
>inb4 "AAI doesn't count"
Redd White

Never, hope you enjoy being dragged on and on unless you're an Edgeworth fanboy.

>Nah, like burglaries or a deal about a bribe (maybe with murder).

The very first criminal a burglar who just happen to break in when their victim was in their home? Also, the Mask DeMasque case.

Attached: Frank Sawhit (Shifty).gif (256x192, 27K)

It's great from the very first case, if you dislike it you have major shit taste, especially if you liked the 3D games.

*was a burglar

I liked AAI1 far FAR more than AAI2 though so far. This is just horrendously boring, literally none of the cases are even interesting. This case with the dessert competition is eye-wateringly boring. EVeryone hyped up playing as Gregory but... its not even any different. I thought you'd get to do courtroom stuff. And the case is total shit.

Is it better if I tell you that the murders of all cases in that game (except Gregory's since it happened in the past) were done by the same person? And you're spending your time pinning it on people that were framed and/or manipulated by the real killer?
And you will never believe who the real killer is. The reveal is always a shock to everyone, pic related.
Now have fun

Attached: 1547397856075.png (1280x720, 1.66M)

Deepest lore
Why did Raymond have to do it, bros?

Attached: 1550160434411.png (480x360, 332K)

>except Gregory's
This is false. He indirectly was responsible for that one too.

Because he has been and always will be a pointless character that they feel the need to randomly add additional backstory every game to make relevant. Series is better without him.

I loved The Inherit Turnabout, gave me so much feelings and I think its one of the only case where we move from past to present

When you heard the first objetion and first persuit theme, which are my favourite in the series it get good.

Couldn't hate him in the last case for SoJ however it felt that background came of nowhere since there hasn't been any tease about it previously.

anyone else just like to randomly listen to this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=1W46I1NyW4U

I love how cultural SoJ feels. There's such a rich evocation of Khura'in and its culture.

>Simon Keys
Never a direct threat and most his plots relied on luck of having other people turn on each other. Plus he never directly threatened any of your group.

>Redd White
A close second, Murdered Mia, tried to frame Wright and built and empire off blackmail to control the government and police.

>Roger Retinz
Not only managed to frame Trucy for Murder, but seized and ruined Wright's business, also mastered the art of media manipulation where he already turned public opinion against them if the Trucy was found guilty, he would have run them and Wright into the ground for years to come.

Make it work for Mac again.

I’m not knocking the SoJ cases but his presence is pretty stupid for the future of the series. Nick and he occupy the same role but Phoenix actually has a personality and people to work off of. It’s always baffling to me that people want Phoenix to leave the series when his primary purpose is to be the straight man to a cast of off the wall characters.

I still enjoyed SoJ quite a bit despite Apollo, but I have zero desire to see him again for a while. He’s a fine side character.

Redd White literally kills a deuteragonist. And he was ready to kill everyone else too as soon as the case was over. You can't be more threatening than this.

>deuteragonist.
Who immediately came back as a ghost via the desu ex machina. Death can't be threatening if they come back to life.

White also punches Phoenix and has him taken directly to jail soon after

4-3 is the unquestionable champ. Not even 2-3 comes anywhere close.

>Death can't be threatening if they come back to life
>came back as a ghost
>ghost
>life

Attached: 1539577386254.png (212x236, 90K)

Apollo as replacement was low effort I complained about that as well for a few reasons:
1-He felt like a watered down version of Pheonix
2-He has literally no development at all
3-Pheonix became a hobo and I really had more troubles accepting he spent 7 years alone raising a little girl like Trucy. Where the fuck was Miles, Maya, Pearl and everyone else to support him?

I know it sound exagerated but its like watching your heroe going from savior of the world admired by everyone to a drunk homeless next story completely alone...

I mean Wright is the boss I don't want him to leave but he could just get support roles as mentor either that or completely focus on a new firm of lawyers. Inb4 a new Lawyer in Raymond agency.

>He doesn't come back to life as a zombie goast

My problem with Simon Keyes is how quickly you deal with him, as soon as Miles learn the truth you take him down next event. He was also going to be killed by Jelly which to me felt like could have been the final boss as well.

If you had the ability to retcon/rewrite any plotpoint in the franchise, what would you change to make a stronger, more compelling narrative?

Attached: phoenix-deskslam.gif (256x192, 19K)

Pheonix and Maya should make a baby already.

He already did the mentor schtick at this point and does continue to occupy that role for Athena in a sense. I think the format of having a few defense attorneys is fine, but Apollo was just diet Phoenix. Black quill and Athena’s case in SoJ was pretty fantastic.

I would give this guy about 60 more IQ points, so that way he's just 1 bellow the average.

Attached: Godot_Portrait.png (889x1218, 837K)

Remove JFA and introduce Apollo in DD with his SoJ backstory intact. Hobo Phoenix doesn’t exist, Apollo isn’t a garbage bag of a character and the narrative makes more sense.

but I don't see Blackquill going for defense he is suppose to be a prosecutor right? seems he still work for Edgeworth.

The Great Ace Attorney fan translation came out recently
that might fill the void for a while

If I play the first I might want the second one to be done already....

the second game already has the demo translated

Make the prosecution have a more believable reason for suspecting Machi Tobaye in 4-3. Also, make the confrontation at the end of 4-4 with Kristoph Gavin more than just one testimony and a couple of easy evidence presenting opportunities.

Attached: Just Terrifying.jpg (256x192, 6K)

I’m stating I more enjoyed the dynamic of teams of defense attorneys that didn’t have to be Phoenix. Not that Blackquill needs to be one. They had a good back and forth, new attorneys part of the agency would be fine as long as they don’t try and pull an Apollo 2.0

I know nothing about DGS. Is this the same protagonist that we see in 1? (no spoilers please)

Why is Godot so fucking based?

Attached: ron delite.webm (400x225, 302K)

I'm not even sure where Ace Attorney can go at this point. The series has never really been able to top the original trilogy, and we're at the point where Phoenix still being the protagonist is feeling a little bit funny.

The gimmicks have never really ended up as satisfying as the pure cross examination stuff (seances were fun, but they didn't do a lot with them) and you can only write a seat of your pants comeback of a frame-up murder mystery so many times before you start reading between the lines and seeing the similarities in every case.

The dynamic is that the lawyer or assistant need to be one serious, the other one silly.

6 trumps 2 and perhaps even 1. It's up there with 3

>6 is up there with 3
I really enjoyed case 1 and case 3 , but everything after that point slowly lost my interest, personally.

The trilogy wasn't that good

Total character, and maybe setting, revamp. No half-assed one like AA4. Old characters totally gone.

Anyone?