How did we go from this

How did we go from this....

Attached: 1558698702061.jpg (960x544, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0lh-ZMipZsg
youtu.be/BhPuRf8jACg
youtu.be/mnYtaXQwhnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

...to this?

Attached: 1558698865470.jpg (960x544, 101K)

From adult.
To teenager.

The infatilization of society is true, and money plays a role too of course.

Japan, y u no keep the old artstyle??

soul
soulless

May I remind you that Yea Forums loved new design?

Attached: 570.gif (410x230, 1.81M)

Adding furigana is a nice touch.

There's something that fills me with absolute ire about the way all new anime draw faces, specifically that stupid-looking mouth with just the bottom lip.

Attached: narrow.gif (380x272, 1.47M)

>spoonfeeding

Are otaku as dumb as kindergartners now?

I like to imagine that if Benjamin franklin were alive he'd post something like, " I'd hate fuck that bat so hard she'd be nice. "

They're different lines, buddy.

>EOPs have never seen names before
Adding furigana just means you don't have to voice the game, or have another character repeat the name in kana on the next line. It saves space.

I take what I can get.
Dumber. I'm positive I count as retarded.

your EOP is showing

Well, the new design is clearly a child, so it's kinda obvious.

At least the music is alright. It's just Umemoto's stuff orchestrated, sometimes even playing in unison with the original.

Attached: 1549263746837.png (1024x1489, 1.87M)

>the music is alright
it really isn't, most remixes have too much background noise
Plus the chiptune-ish soundtrack doesn't really fit the soulless modern art

>technology gets better
>art gets worse

This is why people voted Hitler into power

>dithering
gets my dick so hard

>spoonfeeding
look you dumb EOP
this is how you can read 美月 as:
>うつつき , びつき , みずき , みつき , みづき , みより , るな
and you literally have no way of figuring out which one's correct without voices or furigana
stop being a retard and inserting your worthless opinions on topics you have no knowledge on

I'm glad Lakers didn't live to see this.

imagine being the guy that worked in the original art of the game and seeing this remake, just imagine that for a second

The new expressions are fucking awful. Like they're not expressive enough or something? Lifeless?

So easy.

Attached: 1525184740913.gif (285x225, 2.64M)

the original sprites are legitimately awful desu
the absurdly broad shoulders and shoddy facial structure are a complete turnoff, and dithering alone doesn't make it magically look good
best result would be a compromise between the old and the new artstyle

The only good anime is old anime, same with rap music.
To be clear, I'm not being sarcastic.

pretty sure he died before the production of the remake even started

Attached: dead.png (350x350, 197K)

Attached: 1554823956530.png (992x2304, 1.63M)

>all this thread

It seems zoomers don't know the true fear of the 90s artstyle.

Attached: 2f81eb43.jpg (571x1934, 255K)

what game nigga

Legit ALL they had to do was port the original game and people would have been happy.

I fucking hate Sony so, so damn much! What the FUCK is their PROBLEM?! Fuck them so hard!

I hope some madman makes a patch to restore old art and music

Attached: 1450770536000.png (510x510, 181K)

Attached: quote-almost-all-japanese-animation-is-produced-with-hardly-any-basis-taken-from-observing-hayao-miy (850x400, 83K)

No coffee-cup / upskirt interactions?

>Plus the chiptune-ish soundtrack doesn't really fit the soulless modern art
Well there's your problem. Eating around garbage makes everything taste like garbage, just listen to the ost in isolation.
Jokes aside, though, it could have been a lot worse. I was going in expecting them to have trashed the original tunes except for maybe Love/Bonds.

Couldn't they have included both new and old graphics and let people pick?

I'm getting it no matter what, despite the multiple layers of censorship and terrible art, I love the game.

Attached: 1547442713955.jpg (907x778, 72K)

Attached: 1466333599040.jpg (1024x2880, 745K)

But they literally did, you can buy it separately on PSN and it was also a bonus for getting the limited edition

moeshit waifufags must be hanged

nice bait and cherry-picked image that makes sure to pick the worst art styles of the period and imitate them as poorly as possible.

Attached: yBKYK8a.gif (500x359, 41K)

Did the chinese make this? Because it's literally soulless

indirectly yes, since Japan outsource their stuff to China and Korea all day now

>it could have been a lot worse
I guess it's true, beyond the new artstyle it seems like they actually put some effort trying to make a decent remake instead of going full cashgrab which is surprising
Some songs are fucked though for example youtu.be/0lh-ZMipZsg has a completely different atmosphere thanks to the chanting, which is a shame

>Beyond the artstyle
The artist is actually well respected in Japan and not cheap at all to hire though

Game?

>Cheap midi orchestra
Woof.

Attached: blech.gif (499x281, 1.86M)

stop miyazaki posting faggots

Attached: miyazaki.jpg (1374x725, 332K)

Been playing through this now. I was going to wait on the updated version but I'm glad I didn't. The old art has so much charm, I love it. Also how the fuck was I suppose to work out the clock puzzle? Was there a clue on one of the routes? Literally nothing in the room talks about how to solve it.

Mio and Ayumi look better in the new art

Yeah that one sucks, they replaced the lingering tension with a cheap-ass 'ethereal' vibe
Doesn't it show up in the intro?

>/ourguy/ too is a fellow cunny connoisseur
I will miss him once he dies, how can a man be this based?

Did you watch the intro? watch it and you'll see

I like that Kanna is Lucina now.
Lucina is cute.

Fuck no wonder. I had no idea it was there. I spent forever checking that damn room for clues and gave up in the end. I feel like a brainlet now.

some songs handled the change pretty well though, that one is among the worst ones
youtu.be/BhPuRf8jACg
youtu.be/mnYtaXQwhnU

There’s always that one Yea Forums contrarian such as yourself who feels the need to speak your dumb fucking opinion.

>most PC-98 games were never preserved and are now lost forever

Attached: cri.jpg (400x404, 46K)

Windows version of Lakers I and II got posted to /vr/ the other day, so at least you have that one.

>the absurdly broad shoulders
Man, how young are you. Padded shoulders was all the rage with office ladies in the 80s/90s.

...to this?

Attached: 1558495677434.jpg (656x655, 58K)

Do you still end up committing incest in 2 (3 if you count step-) different routes?

Attached: yu-no cockblock.png (640x402, 96K)

Would it be possible to play the remake with the QoL features it would most likely add but mod in the old art?

Yes, it is unfortunate, but that is the nature of time of all things. Outside of culturally significant games, most will be forgotten and eventually lost.

Yes, the script is almost exactly 1:1 in the remake.
The bigger question is if it will stay that way in the localisation, although Spike Chunsoft have already covered what they've censored already, but I dunno if that covers script changes.
Admittedly they have been transparent w8th their censors. Did Zanki Zero have any script changes?

>Girl in the Lake's Surface
How do you fuck up one of the best tracks/moments in the game like that?

Attached: 1491707241939.gif (250x189, 885K)

Is this an eroge?

yes

barely

he never said that fuck you

It's a VN/point and click adventure. The original release had H scenes but they made up only like 2% of the whole game.

Huh, interesting that of all things made it out unscathed.
>almost 1:1 exactly
rip mutsuki then

I could buy the whole "boning your step-mom" thing, but the spontaneous "I wanna fuck daddy" thing from Yu-no, and the revelation Kanna is your isekai daughter drew me out.

Attached: 1447679278256.jpg (600x340, 40K)

How does the remake handle the H-scenes?

removed from all versions i believe

so the console version is the censored version of an already heavily censored game

What’s with consoles and steam offering eroge with out the H stuff. Why bother. It sounds like it wouldn’t affect this game very much but stuff like nekopara was make as a way to watch cat girls get fucked, why would you play it otherwise?

>spontaneous
What?

>based
>a massive backpedaling faggot

There are no H scenes in the remake because >consoles
Also 5p doesn't do H in general.
The after sex scenes and implications are still in though so it's still obvious they boned, but the actual sex scenes aren't.

I've never played these games, but I've lurked a few of these threads and I have to say that the older art style looks way better. It looks like and actual artist took their time and had a vision for every one of these screenshots, meanwhile the newer art style doesn't even look like any effort went into it.

Looking at the second post I replied to you can see and image where two people are looking at a cpu. The background is dark with the only lighting coming from the monitor. Both characters seem focused and the scene tells a story, but when you look at the newer style all of that changes. It just looks like some random screen taken from a generic anime. The poses aren't interesting at all and the faces barely hold any emotion. Like I said - I've never played this game, so I don't know the story or anything, but comparing those two images is like looking at some spooky murder mystery vs. some regular boring teens at starbucks. I don't like it.

Attached: 1553531411227.png (1241x782, 134K)

Literally looks like a generic ecchi anime/manga from the 80's with bad proportions. Some of the other designs are even worse, they'd fit with all those QUALITY pictures.

Attached: index.jpg (284x177, 12K)

It's been a while since I've read it, and I barely remember that arc because of the change of scenery, but was there a reason why Yu-no wanted to fuck the protagonist?

Admittedly Yu-No isn't an eroge by nature.
Secondly putting full blown sex scenes makes your game more liable for an AO rating which could fuck you up because sales laws, although there are games that have subdued sex scenes that make it fine.

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SOUL?!

What a downgrade.

then there's this guy

those are 2 different games though
the original artstyle is so generic you thought both were the same game

theres a massive divide between who japanese devs think is the western audience for these VNs and who they actually are.

no matter what they do a green haired xe isnt gonna buy anything like this. they're way too busy trawling twitter to spend 60 hours on a text adventure even if it was the gayest thing ever

maybe they'll eventually wise up and realize who will actually buy their games but the language and cultural barriers make it hard when most of your information about a culture is coming from a PR office in california

it disgusts me that some jap developer somewhere probably thinks i'll gouge my eyes out if i see boobs and i wanna cut my dick off because i'm a "western gamer"

Any other old gems like this?

Attached: 1558301947658.jpg (443x332, 16K)

>desu
Dilate.

What game is this?

Not at all. I assumed that they were comparisons between two different versions of the same game. You're just baiting with that response, or just desperate to back your own claims.

>saber marionette is the whole 90's
Everytime.

A fair few

Attached: tokyo twilight busters 2.gif (500x400, 96K)

It's "Use fucking Yandex - Chapter 1"

Not bad

Hey Yea Forums guess what

You would think the old artstyle was generic and soulless if you were alive during the 90s

First on right is good, tho. Shame they didn't keep the pokies.

Nice buzzword you got there. Your butthurt just make Miyazaki even more based.

>remake changes the physique and fashion of the character
At that point just throw out the composition of the scenes too
It's a different thing now

Attached: 1553826852603.jpg (1060x712, 67K)

>post 2000+ anime quality
I kek'd

is this the soul/soulless thread

Attached: 1554220852004.png (1246x801, 2.25M)

In the time that it took you to write that you could've just told me. Just tell me

Toushin Toshi II

Attached: 1553709846129.jpg (1298x1011, 299K)

>source: dude, trust me
Moefags should surely be gassed.

Attached: 1550657110523.jpg (1264x1350, 369K)

the is literally nothing wrong with the new version

Attached: 1555068757629.jpg (768x572, 178K)

t.15 yo boomers

I was a sucker for it back then too since those games were some of the nicest looking around. I also miss big ass shoulder pads from that tome and desperately wish they would make a comeback.

>I'm getting it no matter what, despite the multiple layers of censorship and terrible art, I love the game.
Kill yourself
What the fuck is wrong with you? By buying this you're validating their choice you fucking nigger
It's no wonder the industry is dying with such retards

oof yikes cringe imagine actually thinking that you retarded zoomer NPC

Attached: THE LEAVES.png (830x266, 438K)

Yu-No

Eriko's silly dress was actually an important plot point/foreshadowing

kys

all these animation legends seem to have something in common...

Attached: walt.png (647x578, 459K)

>multiple sources cited in this image
not to mention, you can just look at his fucking filmoghraphy, all starring little girls

the guy bitches about otakus but he is the original otaku