Redpill me on Dishonoured 2 and Death of the Outsider

redpill me on Dishonoured 2 and Death of the Outsider

I played one to death and loved it

Attached: b4486d8d6a3838d3af151df95d190c6c0e36b50a.jpg (616x353, 27K)

bump

Yea Forums only likes shit anime games and cant talk about something decent

Good games mechanically, and there's some really clever level design decisions, but the newly hired writer destroyed the overworld story completely and utterly.

Also making Corvo talk was a big fucking mistake, no matter the voice actor.

>Yea Forums would rather talk about weebshit and gacha games.
The absolute state of this board.

Haven't played the DLC, but D2 is better gameplay-wise, worst as everything else. But worth playing, no worries

2 was soulless. Not joking.
Karnaca was just Dunwall with no atmosphere and mosquitos instead of rats. I honestly dont understand why they didnt just keep it in Dunwall. The story kind of gets loopy because of it. Why is literally every single one of Delilah's allies in this 1 city instead of with her in the capital? Throughout the game you get reports of how the capital is in a huge civil war because half the city doesnt support Delilah. Why cant I be seeing that? Why is Emily here on some shitty boat instead of back in the capital helping her supporters?
The Hound Pits Pub was so lively in the first game. In the 2nd game you have 1, sometimes 2 people to talk to between missions and she is the most boring character.
Emily is good except for her blink. The most used ability. Her blink is so shitty and annoying to use. But all her other powers are real neat. Level design is also consistently great. Still, its telling that the best level is the final one where you return to the capital.

A shame because the first game is in my top 15 games. I wish there was a third game despite 2's flaws.

How did they destroy the overworld story?

just play the first one again
level design only goes downhill from here

THIS.

I loved the second one, but couldn't get into Dishonored 1. Should I try it again, or the Outsider one?

Disonored 1 is Overwhelmingly Positive, go figure.

It's really good desu

Go look at it now, its full of japenese shit

>start playing 2
>graphics on high/ultra
>stealth and kill some dudes at 60 fps
>look around the roofs
>40 fps
>lower graphics to very low
>same shit
And dropped

Yeah the performance sucks at times, although that's a common theme for every engine forked from id Tech 5.
I really don't get how cutting the resolution to a quarter doesn't help the framerate, it's weird.

They RUINED the lore irreversibly, but they're otherwise good. The new writers decided to try and solve all the setting's mysteries and so the universe has hit a dead end.

>best level is the final one
>not clockwork mansion
Stop.

>The new writers decided to try and solve all the setting's mysteries and so the universe has hit a dead end.

I can see how thats a problem but also it means the next game will have new things.

Eh. . . .avoid it. It is completely soulless and left me feeling resentful.

Story and characters are boring and not engaging at all (thanks Anita). Everything else is great.

>gameplay
Awesome gameplay like the first, that allows you to switch it up by playing as emily who has decently different skills.

>Levels
Level design is top notch and extremely creative I feel. Has one of my favorite level mechanics in recent memory. Also puzzles.

>Story
Dumb, dont remember anything from it cause it makes no goddamn sense, also it turns out that Emilys mom was a turbocunt who fucked over her bastard child sister

2 is good, but if you want some REAL soul, just play Prey.

Mansion relied too much on its gimmick. The clockwork soldiers were not as interesting as they should've been.

Dishonored 2 is good but optimisation is horrid. Death of the Outsider's optimisation is good but they ruined it with stupid decisions like non upgradable powers.

>but the newly hired writer destroyed the overworld story completely and utterly
Explain please.

I'd like to throw in that it was soulless because the Corvo and Emily playthroughs are not only nearly exactly the same down to the dialogue, there's very wooden delivery in that.

It's so cookie cutter it's not even funny - you don't get to feel the rage one would think Corvo would be going through having lost his daughter and another Empress, or the guilt and anxiety Emily would be going through having lost her father., greatest friend, and her Royal Protector. What should have been an overarching theme is barely there and it sucks.

It also seemed like they wanted to do something with Delilah to make her sympathetic, but even that feels truncated.