The last Nintendo console worth buying was the GameCube. Why is this company so popular here?

The last Nintendo console worth buying was the GameCube. Why is this company so popular here?

Attached: B33AAC0A-D9D4-4696-8DDF-68057EB61343.jpg (765x1024, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SH3pOt_H3Rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not baiting I think this is actually true outside of handholds. The wii was a terrible console with a lot of shit installments for mainline series and only a couple of good exclusives, but it sold like salted butter.

The Switch only has a few good exclusives- Mario Oddessey, Smash Ultimate, and the two or three other games you may put here that are highly debatable. It's not as bad as the Wii but it still isn't worth buying.

And yet people here STILL love the company, despite churning out tired rehashes and selling their consoles at a gain because they know they'll only sell three or four games to people who aren't children. Nintendo consoles just aren't worth the money.

The last Sony console worty buying was the PS1. There has never been a Microsoft console worth buying. And yet here we are.

>Why is this company so popular here?
Mainly because haters are easy to bait and drop a ton of (You)s when bamboozled.

>Last video game system worth owning was years ago
>tfw keep buying new ones anyway

Attached: 1527470584592.png (640x480, 41K)

The PS2 was worth buying.

The PS3 had Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Demon's Souls, and then a million good but debatable quality games like The Last of Us, inFamous, MGS4, Killzone 2, etc.

Right now the PS4 probably isn't worth it, but I would easily put it ahead of the Switch or the Wii, mainly because of Bloodborne.

Why do you think the GameCube was worth buying in comparison to the last 3 consoles, OP?

all of the nintendo consoles are worth buying. I skipped the Wii U and ended up buying two weeks ago and now regret not buying it while it was alive. If Nintendo wasn't fucking stupid and just let it be BC with GC games without hacking I would have bought it at launch. Instead I waited until they found a way to get GC games running on it.

PS2 was probably the single best console ever made buddy. It's the only non-nintendo console I still have hooked up because I don't like how PS2 games emulate.

Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Custom Robo, Metroid Prime, Melee, and others I'm probably forgetting. In comparison more recent Nintendo consoles have half as many games worth playing.

Since you're only citing a handful of first party titles:
Wii had Skyward Sword, Galaxy 1 and 2, Prime 3, DK Returns, Xenoblade, you don't think those were good games?

Wii U had Breath of the Wild, 3D World, Captain Toad, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Xenoblade X, DK Tropical Freeze. You don't think those are good games?

I hold that that unpopular opinion too. I still have my PS1 hooked up. Always liked playing PS2 but never felt the need to get one of my own.

PS1 sucked

>Why is this company so popular here?
Nintendo Magic

Attached: 1558793594264.jpg (1356x804, 258K)

gee I wonder who could be behind this post
Go play your censored games lmfao

>The wii was a terrible console with a lot of shit installments for mainline series and only a couple of good exclusives, but it sold like salted butter.
I think in peoples own imaginations they saw great things coming for the wii and it had a great price point compared to the PS3 & 360. Instead all we got was literal kiddie games and shovelware , it was a huge missed opportunity for Nintendo and 3rd parties to innovate new ideas to develop interesting games using the wii's gimmicks. The best thing we got was fucking Wii bowling

>Outside of handhelds
>why is the switch, a handheld console, so popular?
?

You listed a lot of games like Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade X, and 3D World that are just meh.

wii was superior in every way and it was the best 7th gen console with the BEST game of last gen
youtube.com/watch?v=SH3pOt_H3Rc

In EU Nintendo sales are poor as fuck. US nostalgia babies have kept them afloat

>Breath of the Wild
>meh

Cope.

>outselling ps4 life sales in japan in half of the time
sure...

>Bloodborne

Attached: 731F09FD-7915-45C3-8FA1-DA6B2BFCF237.png (200x299, 111K)

I played it. As far as open world games go it's decent. Definitely not a great game though

>a game that lets you do pretty much anything you want is only decent

What if I want to fight a new enemy or come across something interesting in the environment

try looking harder

Attached: Zelda Diner.webm (640x360, 2.68M)

>a game that lets you do pretty much anything you want
This sounds like another game that Yea Forums doesn't cut any slack, even to this day.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

The games you listed with the exception of maybe Prime and Melee are also meh for a lot of people. You see criticism for Sunshine, Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion as much as some of those Wii and Wii U titles.

what CAN you do other than shoot stuff and fly your ship in that game though?

totaly not the same thing

Craft weapons, vehicles and ships
Trade
Scan wildlife and flora/minerals(A main way to earn money) and even name them in your likeness
Discover ruins and the history behind their construction
Fight space pirates
Build stations and claim planets as your own
Learn alien languages and communicate with them as a result
Explore various planets, moons and systems
collect various resources that play a crucial part in your progression to the center of the universe

And that's the base game, never mind the updates. I put more hours in Breath of the Wild, but people really blow it out of proportion. Meanwhile, No Man's Sky gets shit on any time you mention it. I know you can do more in Breath of the Wild, but to do ANYTHING is just giving it too much credit, and I'm a massive Zelda fan. It's a 7/10 game with the potential to lead the way to a solid 9/10 successor.

Nostalgia and the fact that even the mods are biased toward them.

Attached: 1556405137758.jpg (1429x1138, 411K)