Is it good?

Is it good?

Attached: 91n5-o398iL._SL1500_.jpg (1054x1500, 320K)

Better than most games nowadays

yes. just survive berserkers camp, it got good quests but setting is meh, game really opens up when you done with hippies

No. The game forces you to "target" certain points on enemies...while enemies are attacking you from all sides.

Combat is a mess, atleast ranged, melee is just bashing the isolated enemy to the ground over and over again., while you feel like you deal no damage at all.

How good is risen 2? I like the first one.

nah
those devs stopped caring about the players a long time ago and just happily live off their reputation as the gothic creators, pumping some soulless game every 3 years until they retire

it basically takes everything that was good in part 1 and replaces it with pure garbage for no reason

If you can handle some jank, it's good.

Yes it is.

If you like Piranha Bytes RPGs, yeah. Otherwise, probably not.

Damm, thats sad. Risen was already a rehashed Gothic 2, but at least combat was better then spamming from Gothic 3.

How much Jank?

Worse than New Vegas?

If you could handle the other PB games you can handle ELEX.

I've never played a PB game

it's good, a game like this could never be rated highly by current journalists and """critics""" that rate certain trash games 90+ so pay no mind to those

Oh boy, you are in for a ride. Pirate to try. Be ready for a rough start.

>never played a PB game

just bring patience

Attached: bruh.jpg (736x467, 40K)

The setting is the biggest appeal to me so I'll give it a fair go for a few hours.

ALL ELEX TO THE HYBRID

The setting, the map, the quests, and the world building are the best part of the game, it's only the combat that's classic PB eurojank.
Just a heads up, don't be deceived by the stat screen, stats don't do anything. You only need them to unlock skills and equipment, you can keep them in the bank and distribute once you can unlock something you want.

Ahh ok thanks.

From what I read online the combat is begging to be exploited and cheesed.

So there's the swordfags faction, rootin' tootin' shootin' faction and the mages. How do the swordfags even compete with the others? Don't the gunfags have mechs too?

You got that mixed up. Swordfags are the mages, that's how they keep up. Gunfags are psions.

dev i like
>game has janksoul
dev i dont like
>game is garbage

I heard combat is awful

its a really nice rpg. you become one with the jank once you get into it, it's just about getting into it. hope you like avoiding most combat for the first 10-20 hours

Game sucks dick.

>From what I read online the combat is begging to be exploited and cheesed.

That's not false, there are many ways it can be cheesed.
But it's not as hopeless without cheesing as it may first look. The enemies are not HP sponges, it's the illusion of the armor system. Let's say enemy has 50 HP, you deal 60 damage, but it has 55 armor. You'll barely scratch that thing. But upgrading to a weapon that does 65 damage will already cut the number of hits needed in half, so even small upgrades make a big difference.
Also every kind of DoT bypasses armor altogether.

It's great. Combat is kind of unrefined and the only major 'jank' to it now that it's been patched. Seriously recommend it if you like action RPGs or exploring a cool world that actually has stuff worth exploring.

>cool world
>generic, separated and almost quadratic 1 part grass, 1 part snow, 1 part desert, 1 part volcano world
that's only cool if that was your first rpg ever lel

>actually has stuff worth exploring
>oh look another conveniently placed bungalow in the middle of nowhere that somehow has access to a major highway and also a conveniently placed note that the high tech inhabitants wrote down on paper about 1 sec before they got killed for the 20th time in a row
>oh look toilet paper and forks
>oh look a weapon that can't be used because of the broken stats and by the time it can be used it's worse than generic weapons
stop lying to yourself

It's solid, but nowhere near as good as 1. 3 is somewhere in between 1 and 2.

Sseth says its good, so it should be.

it's mediocre

>mediocre
>stats don't work
>combat system a mess
>ui worse than babbies first game project
>inventory handling made by 10 year olds
>world design from 30 years ago
>nonsense setting
>boring story
>horrible pacing
>wtf writing
>terribad settlement design
>fucked up balancing
so mediocre means doing everything below average?

This, but unironically. It's a bit janky, but exploration is awesome and it is generally just a nice experience.

Pirate it and try. Be patient, that patience will be rewarded.

All PB games are somewhat about cheesing. I think they accepted it and now it's the part of the charm.

It's not that bad. I would say regular PB stuff.

Risen 1 ran like thrash on consoles because the map was too big
They consolified the sequel to hell

I don't understand why people call it standart PB combat while stamina exists

typical eurojank, very enjoyable if you can manage to stomach all its problems and appreciate the game for what it is

Gothic 3 had stamina, so it's nothing new.