The other game style

It has to be

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 161K)

It's Odyssey.

I'd be genuinely surprised if it's Galaxy. Most likely would be SMB2/Doki Doki theme, since it was highly requested and wouldn't be as complicated to add as another game style in a 3D engine.

They should let us make real 3D courses

Mario odyssey would be better,because you could make mario go to new york in his koopa clown car

3D level creators are always awful from a UI/UX standpoint, especially on consoles. It'd be a waste of development resources to attempt it.

Unlikely because MM2 will only be 3gb in size. It will either be 2.5D Galaxy (like the 3D world one) or SMB2 like said

>3D courses
What if we only want good courses?

It's 2.5D Odyssey.

The assets for which would be astronomical in size, not so for Galaxy (which was less than 4gb for the entire game iirc)

>Unlikely because MM2 will only be 3gb in size
Which is exactly why Odyssey is more likely. The power ups are enemies after all which means no new assets need to be added.

They might as well. They already aped LittleBigPlanet right down to their marketing slogan. Might as well do the same for Dreams as well.

user you might actually be retarded

>The assets for which would be astronomical in size
No it wouldn't, they already have a usabke model for Mario. At best they just have to make new animations.

Of course someone who thinks this would think other people are retarded.

It's SMB USA you dumbasses

bruh it'd require a 3D engine, much like the 3D World theme, but unlike the 3D World theme they'd need a significant amount of new assets to cover the locales, enemies, and objects from odyssey - all of which are noticeably higher fidelity than anything found in 3D World.
I'm not the same user

not the same person

Are you retarded or something?
They can't reuse assets from galaxy you fucking moron.

I'd rather it be SMB2, Galaxy is boring without being in 3D and having unique setpieces.

not that user but galaxy's assets are significantly smaller in size compared to most found in odyssey, since galaxy is an older game with lower texture and model quality.

Yeah but cappy jumps in 2D sound fun and "waggle to lose your momentum" in 2D sounds fucking boring

>they'd need a significant amount of new assets to cover the locales, enemies, and objects
"Bruh" they have these assets already. And just like the 3d world theme they wouldn't have to make high fidelity stage assets as much as have a background and some generic ones that fit the theme.

>which was less than 4gb for the entire game iirc
And Odyssey is about 5.
You know Galaxy would be more if it was made using HD assets right?

personally I feel that neither galaxy nor odyssey will be in as playable themes, SMB2 (US) seems the most likely to me, given how highly requested it was. But Galaxy would be easier to implement than an Odyssey theme, unless they already have low-poly Odyssey models they could use perhaps.
I know the assets already exist, I'm saying that the Odyssey assets are much higher fidelity than anything in Galaxy, and wouldn't work for a level creator without significant changes. 3D World was plausible since 3D World has lower fidelity assets and significantly less detailed visuals overall.

Galaxy doesn't really need HD assets, blow the vanilla game up to 1080p in dolphin and it looks pretty good already without any texture or model changes.

Do you even know what we're talking about?
They would have to recreate it in HD for MM2 if it was a theme. Think about that for a moment.

>They would have to recreate it in HD
they wouldn't, the assets in Galaxy are better quality than you think. Like I said, upscale the resolution of the game in dolphin and the visuals hold up fine, at most they might want to redo a few textures but none of the models/animations need changing at all.

>Galaxy doesn't really need HD assets
Of course it does, they can't just port over 3d assets to a 2.5d game. Plus upscaled looks like shit.

they quite literally did with the 3D World assets, though

They may have been scaled down for Wii hardware in the first place, it would be weird if they just lost all their Galaxy games data I think it's just that Galaxy gameplay is a bit too similar to 3D World unless they wanna go all out on the game and give us that and Mario 2.

Still waiting got BotW shrine maker

I like this idea, so I compiled some things that could work in a 2D Galaxy style I'd personally would like to see. Anything missing?

Attached: GalaxyStyle.png (640x400, 379K)

No gravity mechanic no point