He's right you know

He's right you know

Attached: IMG_6875.jpg (640x834, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=savMw2aOh3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What a brave and new opinion.

Didn't stop 7 from being garbage.

5 and 6 are the best selling games in the series.

4 was fine.
5 missed the point of 4 and ruined the next games

>LOCAL AUTIST WANTS TO PLAY THE SAME GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN
That's some quality journalism.

>Eurogamer

Attached: EuroFaggot.png (617x662, 140K)

a good game isn't at fault if the next game is bad

Becca-fag is writing for Eurogamer now?

Shinji Mikami, the creator of the entire series, left after completing 4. THAT was the cause of the downfall, obviously. OP is a brainlet.

Is still one of the best games ever made .

>Time hasn't been as kind to Resident Evil 4 as it has to some of its predecessors, its textures murky and some of its primitive geometry robbing it of the timeless quality that both the first Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0

Seems so.

>games made to appeal to more people sell more than niche survival horror
wew imagine my shock
>millions of flies eating shit can't be wrong!

Not really a new opinion though is it? The problem is people cannot seperate "RE4" from "RE4's legacy of bad sequels" and REEEEEEEEE that RE4 is the best game ever made if you point out that 5,6,ORC basically gen 7 resident Evil was a DECADE of wrong direction for rhe series.

I read the article.

> Resident Evil 5 and 6 aren't bad games - the former I've always found fine if forgettable, the latter unfairly maligned as for all its sloppiness I appreciate its mad, maximalist take - but they're far from the very best.

Clickbait garbage where he doesn't even consider "downward spiral" a bad thing really.

but that is LITERALLY what RE4 fags do.

Attached: 86CD663A-6BE2-4932-BEBE-37E5BBAA77DF.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

>A DOWNWARD SPIRAL
>its ok

I really havent hated any RE game post 4 besides Umbrella Corps and Operation Raccoon City.

fuck off phoneposter

Zoomers don't remember how shit Veronica was and how crapcom butched 5 6 7 and revelation just to sell DLC

Only a full retard would buy resident evil games post remake

Explain why ORC sold so badly then, its just the kind of mainstream game you are calling 5 and 6.

Why PC looks worse then PS4 and Xbox One?

I've tried playing RE5 many times but i just drop that game not even halfway trough.
Chris looks like a roided gorilla and having a partner that runs alongside you, killing enemies kills whatever immersion RE4 had.
It is the most generic TPS i have ever played and i just don't have the strength to ever finish it.

>Resident Evil 0
>timeless

Big Yik. The textbook example of having the ingredients without the instructions. With a dash of "listening to fan feedback (item boxes that's gay shit nigga sounrealistic)".

because it unironically looked like shit from the non pre rendered trailers, wasn't marketed well was over shadowed by resident evil 6, was developed by literal who's and was slaughtered by reviewers. Not to mention it was a spin off

>THAT was the cause of the downfall, obviously

Nibba, the thing no one wants to admit about Mikami is that Capcom staff had to constantly wrestle the game development away from him. He made a TON of shit choices with he series, and then when he finally broke away from Capcom he made... The Evil Within...? Try making a thread on Yea Forums about that series and see ow far that goes.

>Always passing the buck onto something else.
RE4 fags literally are the worst.

>B-but 5!!!
>B-but was already shit
>B-but muh 10/10 gotyay

It's a fantastic game but come on now.

It's not RE4's fault that Capcom became total hacks without Mikami in charge of things. RE4 is definitely the best game with Resident Evil in the name, hell it's one of the easiest contenders for best game of all time.

Just because it took a decade for them to make remotely decent games again isn't RE4's fault. Same with Zelda, Ocarina and Majora aren't suddenly shitty games because the rest of the 3D Zeldas are shitty games. Nintendo are shitty for forgetting how to make something good.

Evil within was entirely Bethesda's fault.
He was brought in on a promise from bethesda that they will not force him to make another RE4.
Literally the first day into development they forced him to make another RE4.

RE7, an Outlast rehash, sold more than 6 millions.

The franchise is far from being dead.

Game gets amazing right in the middle with the tribal village and ancient ruins segments which are actually fun, and has a god tier boss battle with Wesker and Jill.
Aside from that the only things good about it are the visuals, Mercenaries, and the final boss.

>having a partner that runs alongside you, killing enemies kills whatever immersion RE4 had
it's fun af with a friend

Evil Within 1 is a fantastic and unique game.
2 is utter dogshit

So is eating dogshit.

This
I dont get the "its RE4 that the series went to shit" because Capcom couldn't replicate it with RE5 and RE6. That would be like me saying RE3 and REmake were the downfall of the series because the games following them were bad.

RE4 is the only game in the series worth playing.

Pc port made before ps4 xb1

Imagine being this btfo by what i just said.

Xbox 360 looks the best.

by this retard logic RE2 and RE3 are horrible games because Code Veronica and 0 exist

just get a friend senpai, you won't regret it

>Nibba
kys

Because Sony literally and unironically always wins. Deal with it.

Nobody forced them to make more games like 4. They could have also made games like the older ones. Obviously they saw the success of 4 and rolled with it, but still.

Do you honestly think enthusiasts who enjoy the series, both RE4 and otherwise think your post is anything casual faggotry?

>People hating on Kino Evil 4

What the fuck is going on?

It's almost like he was looking for you to react like that

REmake is an overrated autistic hitbox simulator where all you do is hug walls and try to run around shit

Its not RE4 specifically they hate, read

Wrong, because at least RE1 created actual good sequels with the bad, while RE4 was good and was followed by nothing good until the soft reboot with VII

RE4 is an overrated autistic quick time simulator where all you do is stun, button prompt and knife downed enemies over and over in a linear path.

No, it was the devs that made 5 that almost killed the series
They didnt learn shit from how good re4 was, and took all the wrong lessons from it.

Worst aprt about re4 was the weak pacing of later parts and a clear feel of being at lest half a year short of being fully realized.
But what it did improve, the new inventory system, third person, highly reactive and dangerous enemies is what makes re2 remake good.
Fucking qtes and endless setpieces were what those dumb fucks behind re5 and 6 took from it instead.

difference is that is actually enjoyable

ok casual.

While I'm in the minority for RE6, RE5 and Rev2 are good games, with Rev2 being one of the best in the series.
While RE5 is an action game, it's a well made action game that's probably have the most replay value in the series, and Rev2 feels like a RE4 mixed with classic RE before REmake2 was able to do it.

rofl when exactly did RE4fags become one of the most obnoxious sub-fan bases on Yea Forums? Literally the worst nostalgiafaggots on this board by far. A d i say this as somone who loves RE4 but fuck the hardcore autists sourrounding it.

>RE4fags
Nigga its RE as a whole. The whole fanbase is fucking awful.

What a onions fucking opinion. So 5-6 were average in design and all and you're gonna blame 4 for it? Retarded.

>Calling others nostalgiafags while defending an ever older game
Such a lack of self awareness

I've been saying this from the start. RE4 just isn't RE at all, it's a third person action game named RE.

Eurotrash full on clickbait

Not really, most general RE fans are fine, they can say they like REmake, RE4 and VII in one sentence without freaking out, but RE4fags dont even like RE, they just come in telling everyone that all their games are shit, contributing absolutely nothing but shitposting.

Except i like almost all the RE games and can call them out on their faults RE4 INCLUDED. Your reaction about being called what you no doubt thought as "the older fans" is very telling.

Attached: A5C33596-9ED3-47D2-BC4E-4D5B54E3D2B3.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

I have been playing since the first one in PSx, I'm an old fart noe.
REmake and 4 are the best entries of the franchise, RE7 is a good game too.

Because its pure unfiltered shit

This is me personally, it's open to change over time of course, the best way to be a fan imo.

Attached: F46EF7CD-6C6B-468B-8304-2401D85598EF.jpg (592x617, 146K)

But there were HD port for PC as well

Attached: 1550836954693.jpg (1920x640, 331K)

still very good game
so much so it got ported and sold on every platform imaginable, remastered bunch of times and influenced a whole generation of games
its a very good RE spinoff

Attached: image.jpg (1199x628, 98K)

REmake 2 too high, it's a good take on the original but it has its own faults.
>Bullet sponge zombies
Really?

The problem is that for us that actually liked the old RE-formula, this game is the one that forever changed it to something else. No game after RE4 was a game in the style of the old ones, it effectively killed what I liked in those games, and thus the series (for me).

People say this but anyone ever note that the over the shoulder TPS style that RE4 popularised is almost always called "generic modern TPS" in 99.9% of games that aren't RE4 or Dead Space 1?

You can say the same about RE3

The only real merit of RE4 is creating and revolutionizing a new subgenre of games.

However, that whole genre is fucking shit so it's not even really a merit.

True, but it doesn't make RE4 bad. It makes Capcom stupid.

>bullet sponge
>play the game last night
>zombies are literally being staggered to the floor with 3-4 shots max
>if i REALLY (almost never) need them gone i go over and knife them to death

I dont get people's problem, sounds to like people pick HARDCORE and then "woooooooooow" at all the HARDCORE.

Are there any other series that had an RE4 moment?

M-MUH SURVIVAL HORROR
REmake, RE0, Outbreak 1 and 2, and MAYBE Code Veronica are literally the only games in the series where you can actually run out of supplies and lose.

RE2 and 3 are just as much a run and gun action game as RE4 is, just with janky perspective.

You ever give any thought to how bad the series was becoming (0 in particular) being the major reason why 4 was so welcome as a change?

Is this your first RE thread? RE fanbase has been so fucking fractured that it's a waste of time trying to argue with people.
Theres the fans that
>played every game and have varried opinions on them (the best because they can talk about the game and lore for hours without going turning into a cesspool of why my favorite game is better than your favorite game)
>only played 1-0 and think their opinions are think RE4 killed the series (imo the worst out of the bunch)
>only played 4-REmake2 and think the originals games are ass
>people that never played anything but REmake2
>never even play the games and they come to waifupost
The fanbase is not only bad, I'd say it's one of the worst fanbase I have the displeasure of being a part of.

This, super knife, cheap enemy placement in every room just about. That fucking fire extinguisher.

Castevania: Symphony of the Night

Where a game was so fucking good the rest of the series afterward was irrelevant and couldn't live up?

Zelda after Ocarina, Megaman X series peaked with first game and went downhill slowly, Dead Rising 1 was the only good one, Elder Scrolls after Morrowind,

He is right. 4 did send them on a bad spiral but 4 itself was actually a fantastic game.

I don't care that much about the survival horror aspect. I care about the atmosphere and I like the puzzle-solving and tank controls with fixed camera angles. RE4 just became a retarded action game where you round-house-kick "neo-zombies" that drop fat loot

You should at least be kneecapping them for when Mr.X and the lickers show up.

and once again a brainlet exposes themselves

I'd say GTAIV. That was the point when Rockstar decided they were no longer going to be about silly stupid fun games and all about "mature games for mature gamers" shit.

persona 3

rev2 = kino

But GTAV was super silly?

Even Red Dead had a fucking halloween expansion.

San Andreas went WAY overboard in the silly-department though. GTA3 and Vice City held a nice balance, but in San Andreas you were literally fighting an army of toy tanks in an evil toy factory with a plastic toy plane.

I never played the outbreak series, so I cant speak for those games, but REmake and 0 gives the players a lot of ammo. REmake is way too lenient with ammo and if you're playing as Jill, the game is baby mode. RE0 also has an ammo problem, but because theres no item box, you cant store your excessive amount of ammo.
CV is a mix bag, while I never had any problems with it, I've heard so many people talk about getting stuck on the airplane tyrant, and getting fucked for not leaving the lighter for Chris.

This, but people are so focused on seeing the word "RE4" that they dismiss all and any argument about its legacy of sequels.

Resident Evil 4 itself is a masterpiece but Capcom could never quite recapture the same magic. It's 5 and 6 that deserve the hate.

It looks really bad when you're shooting them in the face

Well yeah, tonally, mechanically and narratively, RE4 was a total 180 and since the series was kinda getting stale and players that didn't like classic RE have always dwarfed the number of classic fans RE4 took off commercially and critically. The problem isn't that RE4 was a bad game, it wasn't, but that it isn't a Resident Evil game. The core of the RE series has always been puzzle based level progression(enter area, 5 rooms, 2 are locked, 2 are open, you have to solve puzzles to get items to solve other puzzles to get keys to explore locked areas etc.) and RE4 just done away with 99% of that and replaced it with massive combat encounters and silly QTEs with super hero Leon.

Usually survival horror games have a dumbass difficulty curve where the beginning is the hardest.
I mean the original RE had this with the spider cabin, the whole game goes bitch easy after that.

REmake though has an insane difficulty curve where the VERY start with all the zombies when you only have the pistol is borderlining on being bullshit but the rest of the game is manageable.

This is as dumb as blaming Ocarina for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess being shitty

It really doesn't. I love how they fall over and shit.

Attached: CD78E45F-4E04-4A1E-8FE9-71ACDD77B101.jpg (1024x576, 49K)

The original PC port of RE4 is one of the worst ports I've ever seen. It doesn't even have mouse control and the controller configurator is a separate program outside the game. Also its a port of the PS2 version so it looks like hot garbage. It took me about fifteen mods and texture packs to make it not hurt my eyes.

At least the steam re-release is salvageable.

Not the same at all. RE1 was a game that made GOOD follow ups in its own gameplay style as well as some bad, while RE4's gameplay sequels made nothing but inferior or questionable changes to RE4.

Blaming RE4 for Capcom's poor decision making in regards to the series is a pretty stupid thing to do. RE4 is a great game. It's really, really good. A lot of people liked it because the last couple of Resident Evil games before it were terrible, and RE4 was a total facelift and update to the series to try and make the action parts actually fun (And don't tell me Resident Evil isn't an "action" series when all the early games have unskippable combat sections or places where you are heavily incentivized to kill shit with your guns). The problem is that Capcom took a look at the response and said "Oh, you guys like shooting zombies now? EVERYTHING IS AN ACTION GAME, IT'S ALL ACTION!" and pretty much ignored what all the people really enjoyed about RE4. Yeah, it wasn't as scary or horror focused as the others, but the game still has some parts with some pretty spooky atmosphere and there is an attempt for it to be scary. RE5 and 6 just don't even try.

Of course, RE5 and RE6 sold like hotcakes so maybe they were right. Even if the games were worse, they clearly had a bigger market.

Only when playing as Chris though, but that can counter by getting free heals and having more HP.
Jill on the other hand, original and REmake, is given too many great things at once. You can get both the Shotgun and GL in the first 10mins of gameplay.

The QTEs in RE4 feel different than QTEs in other games. I don't know if it is just because it is the first game I played with them, but they felt like a novel way to keep you more engaged during cutscenes. Nowadays they seem to replace boss battles and gameplay sections. It isn't like RE4 could really do a part where you run away from a boulder.

WW, TP, SS, and BotW are all nothing but inferior to Ocarina and even Majora and their entire design is called into question.

RE4 could do it because RE1 did it 8 years before in PS1 hardware

They just went lazy and introduced cinematic QTE's instead of making it mechanical

Metroid
Halo
Castlevania
Zelda
Mario
Gta
Persona
Mortal Kombat
Sonic

>Of course, RE5 and RE6 sold like hotcakes so maybe they were right. Even if the games were worse, they clearly had a bigger market

If this were all that mattered to them then we wouldn't have VII and REmake 2 at all.

well for one thing RE4 is actually fun and the QTEs are often for things that are absolutely insane and memorable, like running from a giant robot, the lazer hallway, dodging bullets.

The only RE5 QTE that's memorable and fun is boulder punching

4, 5 and 6 were the natural evolution of the series, especially when they continued to follow the same characters who would of course become more skilled and effectively more powerful, all the while the stakes continued to be raised.
It went from Direct-to-VHS horror schlock with 1980s tier action and acting, to campy Sci-Fi Channel original making bigger budget sequels with more absurd setpieces just because people actually liked that and were fucking tired of every horror thing being rote and boring.

7 sucked. REmake2 sucked. RE5 and RE6 were fucking GOOD. Be as contrarian as you want and pretend you starting with RE2 or Code Veronica makes you a fucking oldfag. I started with RE1 on PC and had the fucking thing unplayable on a shelf for a year until I got a new PC with an actual 3D card in it but none of that fucking matters.
I and way more fucking people than the whiny little minority of faggots who keep crying for "make it more like RE2" want more RE6 gameplay and more RE456 absurdity. There are a thousand generic "grounded" and "gritty" horror games just like all of the yearly Hollowwood horror films trying the same boring shit ever since the west started copying The Ring and other Japanese horror poorly, but only a scant few that really embrace the kind of absurdity you'd get out of Evil Dead going into Army of Darkness.

Your whole post is just basically saying that "well, at least 5 and 6 were MORE shitty!", at least to us that liked the older RE-games. What you feel about 5-6, I feel about 4.

>It isn't like RE4 could really do a part where you run away from a boulder

I could plop my fat ass down and write a simple "run-away-from-boulder"-game myself. Why do you think this is an impossibility?

The difference is that I believe you would find it difficult to find genuine complaints about RE4 that aren't "It isn't like RE2" which, in my opinion, is not a valid argument. RE5 and RE6 are just not very good games that have a lot of flaws objectively. RE4 does have some flaws (as do the early RE games) but in general it is universally seen as a great game.

Leon went from a capable cop to a literal sarcastic super hero in 6 years off screen. Wrestling moves, silly quips, titanium infused bones and joints, reflexes that would put the quickest cat to shame. Compare that to anything in RE1-3.

>4, 5 and 6 were the natural evolution of the series

How is ditching the entire playstyle and concept of the series an 'evolution'?

I mean in a way that keeps the gameplay from the actual game and doesn't turn into some weird minigame (which the QTE is already borderline doing). Obviously unless you're designing some entire new gameplay part around it, Leon is not gonna be able to waddle away from a boulder unless it is the slowest boulder in existence.

>I believe you would find it difficult to find genuine complaints about RE4 that aren't "It isn't like RE2"

That's literally the whole issue though. It calls itself RE4 but it's literally nothing like the games that came before. Had they not pretended that it was a continuation of the series I wouldn't be complaining.

kys

To exemplify why RE4 is such a bad RE-game: youtube.com/watch?v=savMw2aOh3I

From sutvival-horror-ish to "FUCK YEAH KICKFLIPS"

I unironically think RE5 was a good game cause of the coop

Attached: 1558743988038.jpg (720x959, 88K)

It made sense tho

No shit

Attached: 1555712450305.jpg (1848x3280, 978K)

Attached: CCD40432-4526-48AE-8D0F-F7253547645E.jpg (3584x3860, 2.5M)

It made zero sense. Why the fuck would you even practice martial arts if you are preparing to fight zombies?

No it fucking doesn't. playing RE4 after REmake 2 makes RE4 look FUCKING retarded.

yeah, 4 was still being made by shinji mikami
5 deserves much more blame since it was waaay more action oriented than 4 which still retained a slow pace at many parts and didn't have Leon being roided out
but you know, shitting on 4 is better clickbait

he didn't. he was secret service, directly serving under the president.

You are talking about a cheesy game series which's sequel had a woman in red dress and high heels in middle of zombie apocalypse. RE was never a serious series.

It's so shit solo, but with a friend it's incredible. I think it's my favorite coop game ever

RE3 is literally the most action oriented """"survival horror"""" RE
there is ammo fucking EVERYWHERE and you will never run out.

all resident evil games are alright if you ask me

Attached: 1558785358394.jpg (640x640, 49K)

And this is also fucking retarded.

There's various grades of cheese. RE4 takes the cheese up to parodious levels. Show me anything as silly as round-house kicking zombies and "midget napoleon evil dwarves" in the older ones then

Is't it like modern consensus now?

Evey RE game has gotten progressively more action heavy to the last, and the characters has gotten so used to it, it would be dumb to think that zombies were a threat to them. RE1-CV worked because every game takes place only a few months between each other with RE2 and RE3 being days apart. Fast forward to present day, Leon is on a mission for the government and have 6 Years of experience under his belt, so that would require enemies to get a buff in order to stand a chance. Not only that but while making the game much bigger, they changed the camera so you can have a much better view of your surroundings since the game has a lot more enemies. It's one of the reasons why RE7 worked, it started a new character, Ethan, with no experience with monsters in a new perspective, so it felt easier going back to a more classic feel, but once you play as Chrisnin the DLC, it goes back into being an action game because Chris is far better at killing than Ethan, and has been doing it for almost 20 years by that point.

But there is a fucking limit, and if you recall, that woman who was supposed to be the chick we know in RE4 gets fucking DUNKED on in RE2, while in RE4 she and everyone else are suddenly fucking bullet proof.

Yep, you don't run out of ammo if you're good at dodging zombies and search rooms thoroughly. But if you don't you are constantly out of ammo.

Bailling on this thread now that autistic RE4-apologists have arrived to explain how all the silly nonsense "actually makes sense"

>Show me anything as silly as round-house kicking zombies and "midget napoleon evil dwarves" in the older ones then
Not him but everything involving Alfred cross dressing as his sister in Code Veronica.

This. I fucking hate this fanbase sometimes. The biggest nostalgiafaggots when it comes to 4.

this is the only correct answer

Attached: 1547432412411.gif (350x350, 2.96M)

Code Veronica doesn't count because it has Cyborg Wesker. Only RE1(DC), RE2, RE3 and REmake are truly classic REs.

Attached: THE TRUTH OF RESIDENT EVIL.png (800x400, 30K)

E.g. Chris:BOULDER PUNCH!!!!

And people rightly call CV bat shit all the time

RE 1-3 are the originals, even 3 is stretching it a bit

It's kind of funny that Mikami didn't think Kamiya's vision of RE4 would work because it was too action-oriented and different
Then he went and did basically the same thing

The GC version of RE4 had ammo drops and enemy health way higher than any of the other versions
Keep that in mind when people are arguing over ammo counts and stuff

>that image on the right
>where the ammo at?!

LITERALLY FUCKING NEVER.

Attached: EB8602E1-EA27-4BBE-9F7F-D18D2DAA6C4E.jpg (640x928, 190K)

REmake 2's gameplay is literally Resident Evil 2 in the style RE4 started though, how does he consider that "recovering?"

The only time I've ever had problems with ammo was during the final fight with Sadler on pro. I had to knife him to death

>too action-oriented and different
Yeah compared to classic but then he threw all of that out the window when corporate told them to reinvent the series because action games are a much more lucrative genre.

>2006-2013 doesn't exist
Dumb snoyboi

Minus the crazy shit, stupid quips and reintroducing puzzles.

>thought alfred was a genius who snapped under the pressure of resurrecting the family name while losing his father and sister.
>Turns out hes just got a big stiffy for his sister.

So close capcom

Contrarian Shit post article, igore it's just CLICK BAIT

>stupid quips
REmake2 has worse quips than RE4

t. Salty Virgin who doesnt have cute black girl to coop RE5 with him and roleplay as Chris and Sheva in bed.

Have sex

RE4 was a nice change of pace, but it shouldn't have set the standard.

That gate scene makes me cringe everytime

Worse then "your hand comes off?" Worse then "you're small time?" Worse then "an extra in my script?" Worse then "seveeeeeere consequences?" Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

More like Eurogaymer, ayyyyyyyyyy?

To be fair, it didn't. Only RE5 took inspiration from RE4. Rev1, RE6, and Rev2 have completely different control scheme.

Yes. At least RE4 is very self-aware of its silliness, meanwhile REmake2 is play mostly seriously, so when hear a quip, it's off putting, especially for Claire seeing that's completely out of character for her. In the original game, she has only one quip and that's when she kills Mr. X, but here shes quipping all over the place and its it's awful.

The truth is that tastes are subjective and the idea that a filthy news journo is one to dictate that proves that this fanbase is as insecure as Chris when it comes to securing the redfield bloodline pure.

ORC sold well retard. It sold 2.5 million units and was a financial success that actually caused the development of a sequel.
It was canned and turned into Umbrella Corps because Capcom had a change in direction for the series and didn't want to waste the assets.

REmake worth a cop on Switch? I don't care about price or loading times - IS THE GAME ITSELF GOOD. Fyi I played RE1 on Ps1 when it originally released and liked it and Rev2 and liked it. Is Remake actually done by Capcom themselves or by an indie? is it authentic?

>Pride t-shirts
>all profits go to charity
Uh, yeah, this really makes them look like terrible people...

You have to be a fucking retard to think REmake 2 plays like RE4 because of a fucking camera angle.

Jesus, how have you been on this board for any time at all and not know about REmake? It’s pretty much universally praised as one of the best RE games. It was done by Capcom in house, and many of the mechanics they changed/added appeared in REmake2

Charities are a scam. Charities ship "refugees" to Europe en masse and out-compete native local african businesses with free hand-outs

>IS THE GAME ITSELF GOOD

As good as on any version that isn't the switch version that also performs worse.

I think she's just a little autistic trying to play "cool" when she's obviously not. The only line of her that actually fits is right before the last birkin fight in A. She's a certified retard that can't judge a situation in every single of her scenes. Sherry is exhausted and traumatized, just look at her face, and Claire is standing next to her with a ridiculous smile on her face making stupid jokes.

REmake2 plays like a combination of RE4 and RE2

Absolute fucking brainlets. The RE2make is closer to RE4 onwards than it is to the old school RE games.

Preparing to fight zombies?what zombies?

I agree unironically

At least Code Veronica was still a classic RE game unlike the garbage remake.

if youre a retarded brainlet whose understanding of game mechanics is less deep than a 12 year olds

REmake2 succeeds so well because it masterfully blends the best parts of the gameplay from prior Resident Evil games.

Claire's face model is just really really bad. ME:A levels of bad. How did they fuck up so bad when Leon looks good?

Okay, """"""not-zombies""""""

YESSSSSSS

It really fucking doesn't, which is why actionfags have done nothing but cry about it since January. They expected an RE2 skinned RE4, they didn't get one and moaned and moaned and moaned.

It plays the exact same as 4 you retard.

They made the first great RE 3rd person shooter game since RE4 Remake 2. I get that.

It's not RE4's fault that the devs that came after it were miss guided and made bad games afterwards.

user it was a SHITTY fucking port. You were better off emulating the GameCube version. Or the Wii version which made the game super easy. Like for example it wouldn't load and just hang. It reminded me of the Sonic CD I wanted to play and it only worked well on Windows 95 and with 98 it would shit the bed.

Great bait.

If you think "camera angle = gameplay" sure, but only if you are a shallow retard that only understands the most superficial of things about it.

>he thinks the RE2make is closer to the old games than RE4 onwards

Attached: raw.png (350x210, 121K)

ok?

>RE4 was the downfall of the series
>when RE2 and 3 were both so action focused that you had to waste ammo by shooting at nothing to ever be at risk of running out
>CV even includes a trick to give you infinite health
I'm surrounded by fucking zoomers.

Attached: 1532861044390.jpg (640x430, 124K)

It's not the mocap, seriously. It's the character. The actor isn't smiling and cracking jokes when everyone around her is facing impending doom on her own, that's the mocap director telling her how to behave. It's the script, it's Claires character. She is seriously coo-coo.

re4 being bad/ruining the series is one of the most entry-level s o y takes

>he still cant refute the argument
Give it up user, you're wrong.

>no ammo drops
>no money drops
>no incrimental stat based upgrades for all guns
>no QTE's
>no button prompt based meele attacks
>a full rotating camera
>a completely different control scheme for movement
>self defense items like REmake
>emphesis on not engaging the enemy and planning routes
>more hub based exploration rather than linear progression based on eliminating areas of enemies
>emphisis on puzzle solving to progess

Why are you so fucking low IQ?

cool that's good to know, only I watched first 10 minutes gameplay and wasn't convinced right away that's why I enquire. But overall it looks decent for what it is cheers

But REmake2 is significantly easier than action game before it. Once you get the feel of it, you'll notice that it plays like RE2 but with RE4 perspective, so while enemies may take more bullets to kill, you can shot their legs and run right past them or for Lickers, just walk.

What fucking argument? You have not made one.

>lbgt charity

Darnell pounded my boipussy to hard last and this charity will undoubtedly help me get the cream need to put my dismantled boipussy back together again.

>you'll notice that it plays like RE2 but with RE4 perspective

Nigga i dont know if you know this but ALL third person video games these days have RE4's camera angle not just RE games. Thats talked about all the time. REmake 2 plays NOTHING like RE4.

Holy shit, you dense fucker. We are talking about how REmake 2 correlates with the series

...and?

This is the pleb opinion and its understandable when it was made around the time 5 or 6 were released.
After 7, taking into account every single DLC and REmake2 you can safely say 4 kept the series relevant for another decade, enough for Capcom to make an attempt to comeback without feeling risky about the franchise.

Attached: 1553846710563.jpg (795x693, 103K)

From a gameplay standpoint, 5 and 6 are still good games, though. They just strayed from the more atmospheric and exploratory parts of the previous Resident Evil games.

I'm glad to see this opinion finally becoming mainstream. RE4 was fun for what it was, but it fucked the series' shit up for over a decade.

>May 2019
Since when is shit people have been saying for 7 years news? Even if it's just an opinion piece it's really fucking gay to wait so long just to make sure it's safe to agree with before reposting it for ad revenue

But it's obviously HD port and not original one

when a game is so good you send the others in the series in a downward spiral

thats the best compliment you can give a game

That's some next level delusion right there. I'm almost impressed.

103 is mine

Way to miss the entire fucking point. REVII and REmake 2 show that the fans never fucking wanted 4 at all. It in particular was a happy accident and a good game, but Capcom didn't let the fuck up and rather than make RE5 like REmake 2 kept giving us shit we didn't ask for that WASN'T up to the standard of 4 either. You have to be a fucking actionfag that never even liked RE in the first place or a MASSIVE contrarian to deny people dont love post VII RE

They weren't though, they were functioning beings in the end.

>That's some next level delusion right there. I'm almost impressed.

also a great compliment to the games power

It only shows that people don't know what makes RE, RE. Because VII is closer to 4 in most aspects than to any of the classic trilogy.

I agree but it hasn't recovered because they just turned RE2 into a shitty action game.

Re 2 and 7 made the series atmospheric and creepy again
RE 4 had some of that but it became full on action halfway through
Every RE after was lame becuse they felt like lame action games rather then horror games
RE 2 is a perfect blend of horror and action and it’s made me hopeful for the series toward

Attached: 0DC9B1A7-3C51-4921-926F-0B663681C5D1.jpg (595x595, 54K)

>You have to be a fucking actionfag that never even liked RE in the first place
RE2 and 3 are action games though. Did you even fucking play them?

You are a reaching retard m8. They play nothing like RE4 does, the real point here.

And what? I want people to fund me so that I can better adjust to darnell pounding my boipussy and from this charity alone I think it could happen.

Not really. The thing take made the series fall in the downward spiral was Mikami making REmake (and 0) Gamecube exclusive, which was an absolutely terrible idea. You see, Nintendo is for kiddy games, like Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, not Resident fucking Evil. The RE fanbase was always been based on the Playstation, and that's where the series should be in.
Mikami retardedly thought that fans would buy a kiddy console just to play RE. He was of course, completely wrong, and REmake and 0 undersold and flopped. Instead of recognizing his obvious mistake, he blamed it on the assumption that "players were no longer interested on the genre", and that the series needed an overhaul. That's how RE4 was born. But it was still Gamecube exclusive, and would have flopped too if Capcom didn't go "fuck Fagtendo, we need the money" and released it for PS2, where it got success.
But RE4's success would make Capcom and Mikami believe that it was the right way to go, and then the series would become more and more action-shit, until RE6's fiasco showed that was wrong. From there, REmake's HD re-release huge success showed very clearly the direction the series should go.

Persona 3 and Modern Warfare.

I can’t really think of anything that makes 7 like 4 it’s the most horror and atmosphere driving RE since Remake

But your point is retarded. You say people didn't want RE4 by defending games that are still following it be it with more atmosphere. They haven't gone back to the original feel of RE1, REmake 2 was certainly lacking compared to the original RE2. The controls are different but the tone is the same except they turned the lights off.

This entire post is spot on.

Attached: 6469CBE0-3C9B-4B3B-87C6-A6282361CA8A.jpg (1462x4050, 812K)

>They haven't gone back to the original feel of RE1

Good fucking thing REmake 2 was not a remake of that game then isn't it? How the actual fuck do you not get that RE2 and RE4 are not nearly the same kind of action.

i guess technically silent hill 2 because after 3 and 4 every dev decided future games needed to be shitty rehashes of 2's story and designs

It's a linear action based game, there isn't really a focus on survival horror at any point, at least not in any way far from RE4 put you into. Granted, a bit more cinematic thanks to the first person view which might help the atmosphere, but like every RE, it goes bananas by the third act.

I doubt Mikami had any say in the "Capcom Five" exclusivity deal Capcom made with Nintendo.

>RE2 and RE4 are not nearly the same kind of action
They are both action however and that's the point. RE4 is all in but REmake 2 pretends it's not but drops it pretty quick itself.

Eurigamer

Supporting faggots makes them terrible

cope

iirc, all the changes in the development of RE4 were mostly in response to how the Silent Hill franchise was doing and how the developers didn't want to make something similar.
don't know why even a RE thread gets infested with console war faggotry

nah retard you did that because you wanted to, you literally could just run away from him until ada drops the rocket launcher, then aim at your feet and shoot, and sadler would still have died

>Nintenigger in denial

This is a retarded attempt to link the too.

Nah RE3 started the spiral

They were mechanically exactly the same as zombies, only for some reason they decided that making them non-zombies was more interesting (it wasn't)

No he’s not. It’s ok for games to try different styles and do them well. It’s not the act of trying different styles that makes the game worse it’s the act of having shit employees and shit creativity. This article is just an excuse to cover up the objectively shit work of devs after RE4

7 is zoomer garbage and even 4 is better RE game
nuRE fans are delusional as fuck

No, it's not okay to radically alter a games style and gameplay while still pretending to be a continuation. That's an attempt to scam old fans into buying your new shitty game.

>RE4 is all in but REmake 2 pretends it's not but drops it pretty quick itself.
This is my main concern with people claiming RE4 is some sort of franchise ending catalyst while praising VII and REmake2 of making a return to form, mostly implying the original RE or the REmake.
Because the series certainly abandoned the survival horror idea after the first game, at least with such emphasis. I think the only game that tried to return to it was 0 and it while it was well received, it certainly wasn't nearly as good as REmake.
I think people have conflicting definitions of what makes a Resident Evil game a true Resident Evil game. Don't get me wrong, games like 5 and 6 certainly go out of the formula for mainline games, but everything outside those 2 games seem to generate quite a conflict.
whatever, go shit up another thread with your faggotry

No one cares about fans. Devs can make whatever game they want. The only thing that matters is whether it’s good. Sorry “fan”shit.

Damn which version are hard? PS2, Wii, and PC? What about the HD versions?

For me Classic RE1 will be the best for its focus on puzzles and running aorund the interconnected mansion followed by zero. Everything else shifted more towards action.

I can only tell you that the PS2 spawns less enemies in some areas and that the Wii and PC versions are relatively easier due to the aiming. I say relatively because the Wiimote, while being intuitive, can be unreliable when it wants to.

>Zelda changed
>fans love it
>Mario changed
>fans love it
>GTA changed
>fans love it
>Metroid changed
>fans for the most part love it
>Castlevania changed
>fans for the most part love it
>RE changed
>REEEEEEE WHY IS IT DIFFERENT
RE fanbase is trash.

I think the problem lies within the 2deep4u mentality we created throughout the course of the web2.0.
I've mostly enjoyed every RE I've played, including spin offs. Then again, I'm not married to any franchise so you might as well write me off as part of the fanbase.

Of course,
Once you've reached the top it's only down from there.

brainlet

Who cares, it’s still a great game. If 5 and 6 were just as good I wouldn’t have cared either.

Fuck RE4

Ok i hope you take zero issue with the style of REmake 2 over RE4 then.

Attached: 5FEC22F0-FCF1-4FE0-8BC5-27CE1FB007DF.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

The other ones kept the 'core' of the game, they were an evolution. RE4 was just a completely different game with Leon in it.

So you like REmake 2 and think it's a good and natural progression after RE4 and there is nothing to discuss about e matter, fantastic to know user.

Attached: 30837AF2-F904-4E7A-B021-CCAFB1BDE701.jpg (631x509, 79K)

>Forgetting all that RC plane and toy shit in Vice City because BASED VC!!!1

Why would he? The franchise has been around for 20 years through 4 generations. I also enjoyed every variant the series had to offer, only one I haven’t tried is 6. I even liked Dead Aim. A franchise this old is gonna change, it’ll change again in a few years, too.

I don't like how Capcom handles mocap, but the game played well so I don't mind about it too much.
Probably would take a greater issue if it was a bigger shift, like if they decided to make Street Fighter look like that.

>in a rainbow world no one is white
that symbol seems borderline racist.

I love the series, and I welcomed RE4 to the series. I'm more concerned about whether the game is good or not over it being different

The difference between GTA2 and GTA3 is far greater than RE3 and RE4.

Pretty much. The only games that are bad arent bad because it's different, but bad because they're just bad games.

It was WAY more blatant in San Andreas, there's a difference between putting a bomb on a toy car and using it as a delivery method and literally having to fight a toy tank army in a toy factory against some kind of nerd bully. Again, it's just one example, San Andreas was full of silly shit.

4 is great
5 is great if you have a friend to play split screen, solo is awkward and no fun as fuck
6 tries to be one of the CGI movies, 4 and 5 at the same time and fails miserably. 6 is the only mainline game that can be considered mediocre or just plain bad considering is a RE game
Both Revelations games are fine, just not great
The rest of spinoffs were cashgrabs

>The difference between GTA2 and GTA3 is far greater than RE3 and RE4

This is a blatant lie. GTA3 is the natural progression of GTA2, but this time in full 3D. RE4 is a total break from what came before.

I mean he's technically right, RE4 being so good made Capcom focus on the wrong things which lead to RE6

>RE4 is a total break from what came before
It uses the same tank controls and aim mechanics than the previous entries, it just shifted the camera angle. I think the only difference is the item management options were greater, resulting in a loss of survival horror elements, which were already decaying in RE3.

>It uses the same tank controls and aim mechanics than the previous entries, it just shifted the camera angle

It doesn't do that at all. Did you play the old ones?

RE4 kept the tank controls, stop and aiming, and inventory system management, granted you're managing different things, from the previous games. RE4 changed the structure while keeping the core of RE.

RE4 uses tank controls and the stop and aim system.

Attached: re.jpg (687x1344, 432K)

If you get triggered at this you're gayer than the gayest literal fag

nah. If 5 and 6 where more like 4 instead of less, capcom would never have had to reboot the series.

no steve tier?

It's worth it for the RE4 HD Project

why can't we have RE4 style games and RE1-3 style games at the same time?

why the battle? they're both good

The thing is, 4 was and still is fantastic.
5 jumped the shark and 6 was fucking stupid and bad. That's where they fucked up.

It's still the best. Nirvana destroyed rock music but they were one of the best, that's how it goes

Upscaling texture and resolution of old games make them look worse in my opinion.

Those jagged edges on the hills with 2k textures layered over aren't going to Improve shit.

Shhh. We can't have you making sense here.

>great game with some flaws that more or less changed the entire genre of over the shoulder shooter
>its now terrible because capcom are just a bunch of fuck ups and tried to turn the series into a multiplayer experience

nah 4 is still great.

To be fair 6 has the best mercs mode. Game is worth that alone

It's a bad analogy, because Nirvana was the result of 20 years of indie music and not derivative of mainstream rock.
In this case, RE4 is definitely derivative of previous RE games and people imply it destroyed the franchise. Which is absurd.
Ironically, the thought that Nirvana killed mainstream rock is also ridiculous. It was a mix of mainstream rockbands being dependent of record labels and record labels changing trends.

what part of your statement has TRUTH in it?

Attached: 1546301277281.jpg (250x250, 13K)

Too bad the music is so fucking awful

Worth it because RE4 is amazing.

This. 5, 6, 7, and ORC being shit have nothing to do with 4.

Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are not in the same bracket. Not even close.

>Dead Aim this high
I love you

>Nu2 that high

Yeah, fuck RE4, one of the best games I've ever played, because eurofag needs his clicks

6>4>5>3>2>1>power gap> 7

Of course RE4 went for the action, even the fans were bored of the same type of gameplay after 3 games and a series of spin-offs.

they also happen to be the worst in the series

>All the N64 boomers ITT claiming OoT/MM was the RE4 moment when it is actually BotW

So fucking cringe. Please off yourselves with your N64 controller wire.

If RE3make ever happens, I hope they don't turn Jill into a orcmutt like Claire

>David Mitchell in the background

>making contrarian posts to show off