What did you think of Rage 2?

What did you think of Rage 2?

Attached: Rage2 Screenshot 2019.05.25 - 13.27.40.24.jpg (2560x1440, 915K)

Worth a pirate.

Attached: 1447978316483.jpg (600x600, 65K)

Pirated it, got past the tutorial.
Closed the game, never opened it again.

Boring gameplay, mega cringe dialogue, unskipable exposition. Overall a super uninspired game. The empty world is just the dog poop cherry on top.

>unskipable exposition

Why do people who haven't played games constantly shitpost about games?

The characters never shut the fuck up. I wish I could get them to shut up for once. The game is cancerous with its cringe dialogue.

>playing games for dialogue/story
>getting this mad when game dialogue is shitty
How autistic are you?

holy shit. is this on low settings? this looks legit ugly as fuck.

I liked it. The shooting/combat is more than enough to carry the game, even if the driving and the open world aren't all that great. I wish it had a NG+ mode, I'd jump right back in if it did. Not worth full price, but I got it on G2A for under 30 bucks.

Pretty okay. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it.

Not autistic, just can't stand games with terrible cringe dialogue that never ends.

You deserve to get punched. I wish I could see you in real life, so I can punch you. You fucking mouth breathing tard.

You do know you can skip the dialgue though you autist? Just press F retard.

It's ok but the boss fights are terrible

I pirated it. It's dumb fun, but it's weird how the open world side missions are essentially 75% of the game. I don't know if they only managed to do a few main missions before Bethesda forced them to shove the game out into the wild or if the game was planned to be this way from the start, and also don't know which is worse, but it does give the game a pretty barebones feel. Gunplay is super tight and fun like you'd expect from a idsoftware game but the driving is absolute garbage and I hate it. The racing main mission almost drove me crazy and I didn't even want to engage with the giant trucks that appeared randomly because of how shit the vehicle handling is.

You can skip everything. You can even skip individual lines instead of the whole dialog if you're the kind of person who "speedreads" games by reading the subtitles before the characters finished speaking.

>never ends

I was annoyed by Walker talking to that girl every time he finds a new location on the map, but the conversations are very short. Saying that it never ends is such extreme hyperbole that it's actually simply bullshit. Everything else can be skipped. I skipped every single cutscene.

Control your autistic rage, kid.

gunfighting was fun. everything else was awful. probably the worst, most boring soulless open world I ever experienced.

he's right there's plenty of dialogue that isn't skippable (and all dialogue in this game is horrible)

Really shit, can't wait till E3 and for the timesplitters remaster and reboot to blow this away lmao, bethescuck

Painfully average and mind-numbingly boring. Just an inane collect-a-thon for people with ocd. Typical triple A, sjw trash.

I see everyone complaining about the driving but I really don't understand what the big issue is. The main vehicle understeers and isn't as fast as you'd expect but it's nowhere near as bad as everyone else is saying IMO. I'd much rather shoot than drive in this game but the driving is at the very least serviceable.

Use the helicopter thing

The lighting in the game is fantastic. Some of the textures aren't the higher resolution but the game looks pretty great overall. That screenshot looks like the shadows are completely disabled which makes the whole scene look weird.

The helicopter thing saved the game for me, the driving is very boring especially with how slow it is. Once I got the hover bike thing the game became more enjoyable.

>game starts you as a sheltered little faggot who's only role model in life is a military grade granny

i love how every game now has strong females everywhere to show how progressive they are but in the end just shows a complete lack of imagination and makes the games feel obnoxious

I did use the Icarus. Once I figure out what to do to unlock I grinded the science sidequests as fast as I could to avoid ever having to use a car again. Unlocked some pretty neato weapons from the ark during that grind too, kinda of weird how most of the weapons on the game are optional unlocks.

Same. The driving is just mediocre but in every Rage 2 threads it seems that everyone say that it's shit. Rallying using a Chazkart is actually fun.

>this is your brain on /pol/

sorry to shit on your pride parate, faggot

Far Cry Blood Dragon looks like that?

>I mean yeah the story is bad and the missions lack variety and the open world is boring but the shooting is a pale facsimile of doom 2016s! It's really worth playing through all that bullshit for a worse version of a game you already played!

is this meant to sell us on this game? I don't get you guys.

Why can't you just admit it sucks.

Attached: waiting.jpg (630x399, 53K)

i liked rage 1 more

Because I had fun with it, what else do you want me to say? I can't admit to something I don't feel.

Blood dragon was better than rage 2

pirated, gunplay is about the only thing fun in this game
driving is shit as soon as you unlock the helicopter that's all you'll ever use to ignore everything on the ground and fly over the mountains,
the economy is shit there's a million different drops that barely do anything useful especially feltrite and money,
weapons are almost all trash or gimmicks the only thing you need is AR, shotgun and RL,
even the hardest difficulty becomes way too easy as soon as you unlock skills
and the game is way too quick to 100% for something like this, took me only about 20 hours

What's a good and fun singleplayer shooter I can download right now, anons? I'm sick and need to get the blood flowing somehow.
RPG mechanics I can take or leave, already replayed FEAR recently.

Attached: 1528835224823.png (840x571, 213K)

lmao I can't even begin to imagine having taste this shit

The gimmick weapons are fun as fuck to use. Of course you can beat the game using just a couple of the weapons, but why miss out on the fun? I loved every weapon except for the starting pistol which was the equivalent of nuDoom's starting pistol, just slightly better.

replayed a few of these recently

>Bioshock
>call of juarez gunslinger
>DOOM
>whatever far cry, there's some good mods for 2
>homefront 2
>painkiller black
>Prey
>the other Prey
>Singularity (this is a hidden gem)
>turok
>the new wolfenstein games

Play Bulletstorm if you haven't already. It's not the greatest and lacks some important mechanics (jumping, for one) but it somehow works without it because the weapons are all great fun to use and the skillshot system encourages experimentation and creativity.

Bioshock sucks as an FPS. Bioshock 2 is much better in terms of actual shooting.

Looks a shallow, cringy Borderlands knock off with noticeably bad graphics.

Only thing I haven't played out of these is Homofront 2, guess I'll give that a spin. Thanks lads.

Attached: 1538363464055.gif (400x409, 2.83M)

I feel like many females could beat your neckbeard ass.

It's miles ahead of Borderlands as a shooter. I spent around 2 hours with Borderlands trying to figure out what the fuss was about and the shooting just felt limp and unsatisfying and everything was a bullet sponge. Here the combat is some of the most satisfying and punchy I've experienced in a game. Enduring the mediocre driving was more than worth it for the fantastic shootan.

>shooting is a pale facsimile of doom 2016

Who are you quoting?

Because not everything has to be black and white, user

I had more fun with the side content than the main missions. Pretty much like Mad Max. Good combat though.

Attached: sky.jpg (3840x2160, 673K)

The game is a shooter and it does shooting fantastically. Playing a game like this for the story or to explore the world would be retarded. A game that puts a heavy focus on one thing and does it really well needn't do anything else that well. nuDoom's story sucks too but I wasn't thinking about that while murdering demons.

Currently the best shooter on the market
Nothing comes close

I'm pretty sure they first made the map and all the different locations/activities on it and only then thought about fitting a story into that world. The "side" content is the main content so to speak. The meat of the game is in missions that aren't required to "complete" it. In fact, you won't even have most of the weapons and powers if you just go through the main missions, which must make the game feel pretty barebones.

>Homefront Revolution
>good
For fuck's sake dude, it's worse than Rage 2 and definitely the worst Far Cry clone out there. I haven't play that shitty Sniper 3 game but I'm sure that it's as bad as that.

Attached: DcockdIUwAAsSMy.jpg (305x305, 22K)

5/10 same as last game

No plot, too easy and no point to anything you do
Both games were the victims of the open world meme and the idea that writing and characters are there to make jokes not to create an interesting world.
No joke i think Far cry 5 is much better in what rage tried to do.

I love the lighting in this game. It's not the most impressive with its technology but it runs amazingly and the color pallet and lighting are absolutely amazing.

My first reaction when playing it was "it's like Mad Max but the combat is way better". The convoys are better too, though I had a mixed feeling about it.

>no point to anything you do

The point is to have fun you moron. Do you think there's a point to anything you do in other games because they give you some arbitrary reward? At least here playing the game leads to unlocking new weapons and powers, aka more fun.

Agreed. You just see that Mad Max devs were involved.

Attached: icarus.jpg (3840x2160, 876K)

Daily reminder that most people who shitpost about this game haven't played it and are /pol/ tier retards who wrote it off when they saw that the game has females with colorful mohawks in it and immediately thought it was some SJW propaganda.

maybe it's because everyone said that it's shit but i was peasantly surprised, most of the bad reviews were from the tons of bugs on release

>muh /pol/ bogeyman

By that logic every game should just be a level editor with unlockable things you can play for every hour you play ....
I dont fucking pay 50 European dollars for those shitty games to make my own fun, i expect to buy the content so i can have fun. You are one step from the "its better with friends" argument, when i rather fuck or drink beer and talk with my friends.
I dont know, i felt mad max looked better, dunno why.
Maybe not technically, but as a single world just felt, dunno, coherent?

Shadow Warrior 1997, Blood, Quake Arcane Dimensions.

Attached: 1526772224738.gif (878x438, 110K)

Is it longer than the first Rage? I remembered it being really short for an open world game.

welcome to Yea Forums

Amid Evil, Dusk, Project Warlock

Attached: watermelon loli.jpg (320x320, 68K)

>By that logic every game should just be a level editor with unlockable things

Are you braindead? How is that my logic? The game has a hundred locations for you to go and shoot enemies in fun ways. That's the main content of the game. There's as much of a point to it as there was a point in shooting the demons in Doom or shooting the enemies in any other shooter, which is to say there is no real point except to have fun.

if you run only from main mission to main mission it's about 6-8 hours. to 100% it's maybe 25-30 at absolute max

I'm currently at around 30 hours and have done almost everything the game has to offer, so I can confirm. But as I said earlier in the thread, I'd start a new game right now if there was a NG+ mode.

Very mediocre. Main story is extremely short, empty open world, 2010-2011 tier side missions, somehow less unique character design. Sure there are upcoming two major DLC but so far it's 6/10 and only good combat saves it.

>two major DLC

Didn't even know about this. Here's hoping they get cracked too.

>Are you braindead? How is that my logic? The game has a hundred locations for you to go and shoot enemies in fun ways. That's the main content of the game. There's as much of a point to it as there was a point in shooting the demons in Doom or shooting the enemies in any other shooter, which is to say there is no real point except to have fun.
I fucking hate that shit, i hated it in Far Cry, Just Case, i hated it in Mad Max and i hated it here.
Just worthless filler content that just grind with no balance or sense of progression.

If your idea of fun is pointless repetitive grind then good on you, i want some progression, challenge and tight direction in "my fun".

I wouldnt be surprised that the bad guy is Kvasir.

Attached: rage2.png (1673x917, 2.5M)

>Main story is extremely short
The main story is just there because it has to be. 80% of everything in this game is in side activities.
>empty open world
It's a postapocalyptic wasteland so that's sort of understandable. Areas between the locations are usually pretty barren but there's plenty of locations so it's not really that empty. The jungle and swamp areas are pretty dense with vegetation too.

>Sluggish movement and mediocre gunplay
>A fuck ton menu prompts for every single irrelevant shit, and they can only be closed by pressing enter, and not any other button
>Tutorials. Fucking unskippable, long ass tutorials for everything. Even for the most basic shit like a fucking shotgun.
>Horrible vehicle controls, especially on bikes
>Purple/Yellow colour scheme
>Side conten akin to Farcry, aka - "A fuck ton of enemy outposts with loot chests inside of them"
I'm fucking glad I didn't spent a single cent on this pile of dogshit.

Attached: 1538930352693.png (334x393, 134K)

It had the bad scores so I thought myself, it couldn't be that bad, it probably just a bland FC clone and I can enjoy that. But it had too many problems to enjoyed it
>the gameplay and the animations feels clunky. I can heal myself then quickly move my mouse, and the hands suddenly freak out.
>the AIs are incredibly dumb
>The maps are small and divided
>The story is awful with the unlikeable set of characters
>the side activities doesn't have enough variety
>guns feels unsatisfying to use
>incredibly short. I can stand having a 6 hours campaign, but you can 100% in just 10 hours? That's quite pathetic
I give them good graphics and good atmosphere but it's not worth to play IMO

My idea of fun is fun shooting, which the game has. I don't shoot for the points that come up on the screen, I shoot because the act of shooting is well implemented and fun. How can you not wrap your head around someone simply enjoying something for the act of doing it itself, not for some imagined "point" to it?

>side activities
Even those are disappointing.

It's a shame that the dense jungle region is the emptiest in terms of the activities

>Sluggish movement and mediocre gunplay
This. Why can't I disable mouse smoothing and why is there a delay between input and action?
Any way to fix this console retardation?

Attached: reeeee.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

That's because I like gacha games

>no balance or sense of progression

I had a great sense of progression in this game. Each new weapon and ability changed the way I play and made me more powerful. Sadly this results in the game becoming a bit too easy towards the end even on Nightmare, but to say that there's no sense of progression is disingenuous. Balance in non-linear games is a weird topic. All the locations have a difficulty rating so it's up to you to decide if you're feeling up for it or not. Is New Vegas unbalanced because there are locations with very high level enemies that you can discover while you're still extremely low level? Just turn around and walk away if you're finding something too hard at a given moment.

Turn off the vsync

Are you new to games? Turn on v-sync immediately.

It feels good to shoot things. Everything else is mediocre. For me, that's all I need.

Attached: 1408480317748.png (500x371, 207K)

kys

MEDIOCRE

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>turning on v-sync ever
I'm not retarded.

>All the locations have a difficulty rating so it's up to you to decide if you're feeling up for it or not
I never noticed, because after finding a handful of upgrades, the shotgun, and the rocket launcher I was strong enough to take on the entire game

Don't know what the problem for you is then. I turned off vsync and the controls have been extremely smooth, aiming feels perfect after adjusting the sensitivity to my liking. The only thing I disliked was how ADS aiming is much slower than normal aiming, but that was easy to adjust.

>get rocket laucher
>upgrade it
>game gets too easy even on hard

There's no delay when I just use the frame limiter

Some of the recharge stations where you have to defend the pylons until overload as the Shrouded attack were pretty tough. I did a lot of them before finding the rocket launcher though so take that as you will. Are you playing on Nightmare?

yeah but dooms story barley exists and doesn't compromise the action you retard. it's not forced on you. Rage 2 has you fucking standing still and listen to the horrible cringey voice acting and writing for the first 4 hours of the game before you hop into a fucking car and drive to the next outpost for the rest of the game.
>Playing a game like this for the story or to explore the world would be retarded.
well it's a shame they force you to do that because it's an open world game dummy
>A game that puts a heavy focus on one thing and does it really well needn't do anything else that well
but literally everything else is shit. have you considered that maybe the game could have actually been good if it didn't fail at everything other than 'da shootin'. no never mind, just call it fantastic and ignore everything bad about it. game publishers love shit eaters like you.

Fun. But not worth anything close to full price.

I DON'T think of Rage 2.

couldnt make it past the tutorial because i almost fell asleep listening to long and unskippable dialogues

Attached: 1551958129345.jpg (399x400, 47K)

>it's not forced on you

It's not forced here either. You can skip every cutscene. You're just being a big baby, looking for things to complain about.

yes, Nightmare and every time I reboot I check that the difficulty hasn't reset to Easy
Shrouded are kind of tough until you realize you can just let gravity do the work with a few darts if the Gravity Dart Launcher instead of having to crack open their armor with three shotgun blasts and Shatter.
Incidentally there's a substation in the desert zone where you actually have to overload three pylons at once where you get swarmed by a neverending stream of Shrouded which happens to be the hardest fight in the entire game (sadly there's only two of them), but single pylon substations aren't too difficult provided you got the armor breaker upgrade on your shotgun and shatter/slam

Wasted potential. They have a great combat system which is wasted on braindead enemies with very little variety, scattered in a huge, empty open-world where you'll be driving around in a car that handles like ass, until you get a flying bike that just lets you completely bypass the terrain.

Feels like they only did 20-30% of the game and had to ship it out.

The station with 3 pylons is the exact one I meant. I discovered it when I only had the pistol, assault rifle, shotgun and shatter and it was extremely fucking tough to beat. Took me almost 10 tries I think but I didn't want to turn back. Funny how the boss fights against the giant mutants are all a joke compared to that fight. It takes 3 lock on rocket launcher attacks to bring the regular big mutants down. Disappointing, however I still like the shooting overall, as easy at it was.

what a waste. considering how nobody wanted a sequel to rage, i assumed they must have something up their sleeve with this but apparently not

Garbage, 20 dollar tops game.

It's leaps and bounds ahead of the first game. That's not saying too much since the first game was trash but I'm actually enjoying my time with this game a lot. The combat is simply so good that it's all I need.

>>Sluggish movement and mediocre gunplay

I really hate it when people post about games they haven't played.