Shogun 2

What am I in for?

Attached: 81v-U3aQdsL._SY879_.jpg (620x879, 136K)

shamefur dispray and our generar threw his rife away

last good TW game

dozens of hours to master. fun nonetheless

dude
i hate total war games but fucking shogun was SEX. using common logic to beat your enemy is just so much fun. archers r OP too put those niggas in the trees or on hill. you can use real war tactics like from historical battles. using real wars as a cheat sheet for battle strategy is a sign of an amazing game.

hf op

Attached: 1558404890549.jpg (250x202, 11K)

Did you use any mods?

the best historical TW game
remember to spam YARI ASHIGARU and bows to win

YARI ASHIGARU GOZAIMASU

SPEAR WARRU

HAI

that's all it takes for a daimyo to invade your province and enter your home with the intent to loot (-1 honor).

why don't you own tanegashima?

Attached: 1534288508940.jpg (216x251, 8K)

Best total war game

S
H
A
M
F
U
R

D
I
S
P
R
E
Y

Every faction gang raping you when they notice that you're a vulnerable plump ara-ara.
They'll penetrate you from behind, in front and from below.

yeah they weren't really well balanced

>not gang-raping everyone with ashigaru stacks

sounds like otomo christian cuck desu honestly

Attached: 1543739601169.jpg (930x916, 71K)

Shotgun

>he didnt roll uesugi monk warriors
beta plebs

Shotagun

A great game with shitty sieges.
Probably the worst fucking castles in any game.
Attila was highly underrated, and it wasn't perfect, it had some super retarded siege maps like "the two chokepoints at the top of a hill" but thinking about those sieges in Shogun 2 just gives me cancer.

The multiplayer is also broken beyond repair, don't even try to play with a game because it will corrupt your save data without fail every single time. I think out of dozens of hours I played with a friend in this game we never actually finished a single campaign, that's how fucked Shogun 2 is.

Still though, its a great game once you just autoresolve every siege battle.

OWA GENERAL IS IN GWAVE DANGER, MY LORD

A lot of fun. Use a mod to disable agents though because the ai is beyond retarded and spams max level ones in the late game and you will have no generals or agents of your own left alive.

peak aethetic

Attached: 1538449139709.jpg (700x360, 62K)

>not converting to christianity and unifying japan for the pope

>Destroys enemy fleet single handely
nothing personal kid

Attached: Nanban_Trade_Ship_S2TW.png (236x236, 116K)

>play oda
>spam yari ashigaru
>take over all of japan with a bunch of farmers.

Attached: 1558722975704.jpg (210x251, 9K)

>pulls out BLACKED ship
u mad jap boi?

this is your nihon archer for tonight

Attached: 1546570202832.jpg (2448x2448, 1.3M)

There is nothing gayer than destroying the ethnic culture and tradition of a people and turning them into another Mexico.

Imagine if japan had turned into something like the philippines IRL
no anime
no manga
no videogames

A lot of fun. Make sure to check out the Sekigahara Campaign and Tenka Fubu mods once you've tried out the vanilla game.
Yes, I contributed to them and that's why I'm shilling them

Attached: 1540951400756.jpg (1600x800, 438K)

reminder that takeda shingen is a degenerate cheating scum with no honor

Great game. Remember to get the expansion too, it's probably the best expansion/DLC they've ever made.

tell us more about your mods. How do they differ from the base game?

I remember playing this. Really fucking fun. Realm Divide was annoying but it felt great slowly fucking them up one by one

What was wrong with the sieges? Sure it was weird fielding an army of Spidermen and the castles were insanely sparse, but it wasn't particularly painful. Right now I'm more annoyed by 3K's absurd laser cannon death towers.

>3K's absurd laser cannon death towers.
Oh god they're back? I fucking hated Attila for that one reason. Arrow towers manned by a MG42 squad.

Nothing but pixels on a screen and your imagination

based and uesugipilled

What is the best Total War game?

Units that all look the same fighting units that all look the same, as well as 10/10 engrish voice acting.

Well, Sekigahara isn't mine. I just helped out a little. The Hayabusa mods (Tenka Fubu, Taiheki and Ambition ignore Sengoku) are mine. Essentially, they change the setting of the game. Vanilla starts in 1545, which is a few decades before any of the main players of the Sengoku period really get going. Shingen and Kenshin are just starting out and Nobunaga isn't even head of his clan yet.
Tenka Fubu was my first mod and changes the setting to 1580, where Nobunaga is at the height of his power, so you can either play as him or his vassals and continue unifying Japan, or one of his rivals and try to put a stop to him.
Taiheki is a mod for the Rise of the Samurai DLC that puts the setting in the severely underrated Nambokucho period around 1336. It was a time where there were two emperors and all the clans had an allegiance to one of them, leading to conflicts all over the place until the Ashikaga shogun eventually solidified their hold and won.
Ambition is probably the biggest mod as it's based on the Expanded Japan map, meaning more clans and castles all over the place. It's set in 1560, which is the perfect setting for the Sengoku period since Nobunaga was just starting out, Kenshin and Shingen are at the height of their power, etc.
So each mod gives you different factions, some unique units, all new textures and everything to complement the new setting. Ambition has new regions and castles as well. I finished them years ago, but they should still work.
I can't for the life of me find my final Ambition map, but pic related is one of my WIP maps while I was making it. Just so you get an idea of all the regions (borders) and clans (colours) in that one.

Attached: 1547827340036.jpg (2048x1024, 1.11M)

I didn't play Attila, but the 3K towers just shred units with pinpoint accuracy. I think you can burn them down with fire arrows, but I don't have a general that has that, so I'm reduced to having to siege for a turn or two and praying that the shitty trebuchets manage to hit something other than the ground.

The towns also can have ridiculous layouts of crisscrossing overlapping towers. Entire cavalry units get destroyed riding up to unguarded towers.

how come we never got a mongol invasion DLC? Yeah I know it happened a few centuries before the actual start date but it would have been cool

I have this and Medieval 2 in my library. I want to play Shogun 2, but I'm afraid my GT920MX potato won't be able to run it well.

Attached: egg being sprayed.gif (520x293, 909K)

>how come we never got a mongol invasion DLC?
Because it never actually happened.
This was the period where CA focused less and less on fun and more about the "realism" of the game

that map looks awesome, will definetely give these a shot if I ever get around to reinstalling shogun

very high tax one turn then lowered to stop riots. rinse and repeat.

Also Fall of the shogun is fun as fuck.

Not that user but I disliked that castles in Shogun 2 could so easily be overwhelmed by having lots of archers because the high ground didn't provide much advantage and using the walls was suicide because every unit was spiderman and would climb up it in no time to kill them in melee.
I woulnd't say they were shit, but I certainly found them underwhelming.

Did this become the MoS map or is that something entirely different?

Attached: Shogun2 2019-03-03 11-37-02-56.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

Looks like that was made after my mods came out. I finished Ambition soon after CA released official modding tools for Shogun 2. I still used the old Pack File Manager method of unpacking and repacking all the game data. The new tools made it possible to actually edit the map and provinces, which wasn't possible in the old method (which is why Tenka Fubu, Taiheiki and even the Sekigahara Campaign aren't 100% accurate with clan placement). But I never bothered to learn the new tools and just asked permission from uanime5 to base my mod on his Expanded Japan map. So I can't take any credit on actually splitting up the regions and adding new ones. It seems that MoS was made with uanime's help, but the map itself is actually slightly different in where it draws borders and whatnot.
It seems to have a similar aim to Ambition though. But with a lot more content like tech trees and buildings. If a little less polished than my mods, judging by some of the screenshots

>What was wrong with the sieges?
The castles fucking suck. It's like sieging a really ugly wedding cake.

Medieval 2 at least looked like people lived in the places you fought for.

3K sieges are a return to style, in my opinion. Cities are actually cities, not layers of nothing layered on nothing, that exists for no reason other than to make people climb longer.

Once you breach the walls you clear the streets in a maze of blockades until you take the center. How it should be.

Attached: thisisyourcastlefortonight.jpg (960x720, 60K)

Attached: please_respond.jpg (750x750, 181K)

I can't speak to how polished the mods you worked on are, but I didn't think MoS was particularly unpolished.

Attached: Shogun2 2019-02-24 18-55-22-60.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Great game, even in vanilla.
Rise Of The Samurai is decent, but Fall Of The Samurai is great.

Attached: fotosketcher8.jpg (1366x768, 465K)

Getting raped by the AI (ganging up on you and spawning a million doomstacks) and ragequitting a million times

Great game though, but fuck this game on the legendary-setting, it isn't balanced at all, just a straight up fuck you to the player

It's not that interesting? Wow the boats of a bunch of chinks sank off the coast after a single battle on a beach. Industrialization was a much more tumultuous time and offers more unit variety.

This one

>stray arrow flies near general's unit
GENERAL KILLUD

Oh no, it looks fantastic, don't get me wrong. New tech, buildings, and everything is amazing. I might actually have to fire up Shogun 2 and give this mod a shot. Honestly, it looks like what I would have wanted Ambition to be had I taken the time to learn the new modding tools.
I just noticed the clan select screen (pic related) and how the clan icons are all the vanilla ones - except for the new clan between Imagawa and Ikko (I assume Rokkaku, Kyogoku or Sasaki based on the mon), which looks to be a little out of place. I was autistic enough to completely redo all the clan buttons, mons and banners for mine just to make sure everything looked uniform.

Attached: 1547250953911.jpg (1600x900, 418K)

Here's the Tenka Fubu clan selection for comparison. Of course, my mods aren't perfectly polished either. There were a lot of limitations in using the old PFM method. The Hashiba still call themselves the Chosokobe, for example.

Attached: 1535220901201.jpg (1600x900, 307K)

Does Three Kingdoms have anything as sudden as "Realm Divided" in Shogun 2 when you get enough power and influence? I'm okay with the concept of even your long time allies getting kind of scared of you and joining coalitions against you but in Shogun was far to sudden, and it not applying to the AI factions at all really killed the late game.

I got this last year and enjoyed it for about 15 hours before I found it to be lacking depth. Going out of my way to climb different tech trees for different units, for example, was unnecessary. I would have only been getting access to those units for the sake of it, even though I didn't need them. I was more interested in the economic tech tree, but even that took forever to get to the bottom of. I don't think I ever did in any of the few games I played.

The game is also very repetitive. While there are different things to do and ways to play -- espionage, battling, trading, etc. -- I found a lot of my general gameplay boiled down to the same thing too quickly. Do a few things, like get trade boats, then forget about them. Move a few units but wait for my spy unit to do X first. A lot of the options in the game seem horribly unoptimal so I found myself doing the same things over and over again to win.

I liked trying it out, and it wasn't a waste of money for the price I bought it, but it's certainly more of an acquired taste than I was expecting.

a great game. get fall of the samurai too

Attached: 20190525071756_1.jpg (1600x1024, 258K)

I haven't played a Total War game since Shogun 2 and I'm thinking about buying the new one.
Am I going to be disappointed if I buy it expecting it to be Shogun 2, but in a Three Kingdoms setting?

It's good for a methodical sprawl, you just strive to take over half the island before throwing yourself forward into the next half and prepare for the onslaught of every faction trying to fuck you.

Different factions have their minor variance but it really just boils down to how hard it is to swallow your neighbors based on your spawn area.

Other than that, its really good if you enjoy Total War battles, because if you're playing right then you have one pretty much every turn, and hopefully in open field because sieges are especially monotonous.

Not as far as I know. You could end up with a whole host of other problems though. Coalitions and civil wars could sprout up and ruin your day. In my experience with 3K so far you can end up restarting a bit in the beginning just from the volatility of politics.

It is absolutely better than Shogun 2 in every way.
General unit models look amazing, their dueling is stylish, they have personality, character, and if you put yourself into them they will feel to be each a part of your own version of Three Kingdoms Romance.

Battles are just better in my opinion too, while the AI has its hiccups, it was just immersion breaking in Shogun 2.

Because of the character and personality of the generals, you get a much more varied experience in 3K than "different colored asian" in Shogun 2.

I haven't played 3k because chink fantasy doesn't interest me in the slightest but I would recommend Warhammer 2. I'd say it's up there with Med 2 as the best games CA have made. Not perfect by any means but very good and quite polished.

I actually read the Teiheiki book some years ago. Will try the mod when I get back home you fucking nerd.

This game looks UGLY. Does this game need an UBER PC to even look halfway decent?

do you even know how japanese castles worked?
I'll give it to you that early castles are barren, but as you upgrade them, they get more interesting.

Why are armies so slow? Does it really take a year to March from Fukushima to Tokyo? Makes the game very micro intense.

Is Three Kingdoms good?

you are ugly you disgusting zoomer

the same fucked up battle engine that feels totally weightless

also the most retarded sieges in the series and faction varriety

The best TW game

just like real life

True

>f2p games get destroyed even faster
Oh god no!

backstabbing at every opportunity, trust nobody, not even your vassals.

I was lucky to have one campaign where the Takeda were my bros through the entire campaign.

Even after realm divide?

Yeah. I was shocked when they stayed at my side.

Millions of your own dead ashigaru unless you put them in spearwall then 0 dead ashigaru.