Dark Souls thread

Jesuschrist Yea Forums I am having my first playthrough and the game is fucking impossibly easy. The game just punishes you if you do dumb stuff like mashing buttons or facing enemies without watching what are you fighting or how the enemies behave and move. Journos and zoomer eCelebs should stop being obsessed with "lel I completed ds Im so le hardcore xd"

Attached: 30103838.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5q54eXfUcnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The game is about being patient and memorising patterns. It's not difficult in the same way Space Chem is.

Mashing attack is optimal play in Dark Souls. It's only once you hit BB and Sekiro they start pushing that behavior.

We all know you're really hardcore op, you should be proud of yourself of doing this thread to show us how great you are
>The game just punishes you if you do dumb stuff
The game punishes you for being a fucking retard, period.
That's why journalists have so much trouble with this kind of games.

DeS, DaS and Bloodborne are about exploration and atmosphere with an enjoyable combat system. Difficulty is just marketing.

>We all know you're really hardcore op, you should be proud of yourself of doing this thread to show us how great you are
Im not trying to be edgy or hardcore. I couldn't complete God Hand on hard mode.

if you beat God Hand on even normal you're already pretty hardcore

Attached: 1551624004552.png (2949x1765, 1.89M)

The opposite of what you said is true

Not 2 or 3 tho

Souls games being hard is a bit of a meme. If you've played old dungeon crawlers, youre pretty much at home in the world of Souls, not counting boss fights.

2>1>3

T-thank you senpai

Attached: 910299201.gif (500x272, 215K)

Souls was always meant to be about punishing sloppy play not necessarily direct difficulty.For example if they wanted difficulty then you would have always have just taken higher damage instead of them programming very specific instances like for when you are guard broken or when you mistime a roll

No, it's not. Dark Souls 1 especially rewards mash because of poise and infinites.
You can't mash stun lock in BB/Sekiro.
You can mash stun lock in Dark Souls 1/Demons Souls literally smashing R1.
You can't ignore enemy attacks and keep mashing in BB/Sekiro.
You can ignore attacks in Dark Souls 1 thanks to Poise.
GGs breh

2 and 3 are shit though. 2 is the most difficult and it's also the worst one

The game is far more forgiving than Castlevania.

*Best one
Fixd for u

Dark Souls got popular on the difficulty angle, but people stayed for everything but the difficulty.

This

2 is one of the easiest though

Attached: DSP updated.jpg (1152x4496, 1.06M)

That DSII one is a lie though.
youtube.com/watch?v=5q54eXfUcnM

Whatever floats your goat user.

Attached: 1558404868076.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

Most enemies complete lack of poise in Bloodborne, Dark Souls, even Demons Souls is why its so easy to R1 spam and stunlock enemies, DS1 and 2 are the only ones where most regular enemies have decent amounts of poise.