Pokémon hasn't been good since gen 4

>Pokémon hasn't been good since gen 4
What the fuck happened?

Attached: 87e58274eaf70a36f97759678e629fb6.jpg (400x400, 41K)

5*
masuda stopped giving a shit because everyone saw two pokemon and didn't buy his magnum opus
then with x and y he realized that they could put minimum effort into the games and they'd still sell, and the series has been on a sharp downhill ever since

bw2 is the peak of the series though

Gen 5 drained out the soul, then transition to 3D killed off what little had been left

Stupid gen v babs

Gen 5 started all the shit trends that ruined 6/7. The only thing kino about it was team plasma and their story.

Attached: 1465086564595.gif (400x300, 1.5M)

They left Japan.
I'm not a weeb, but Unova being American was really shitty. I don't hate America, but they did it really poorly.
Should have done the Netherlands instead.

The new manager of the team is bad

3*
Platinum took the games too far in the linear story direction. The reason why FR/LG remain the best games to this day is that they let you play the damn game, and let you poke around and do things "out of order".

3 things:

1. Jump from 2D to 3D
2. Lost creativity, useless gimmics (Megas, Zmoves)
3. Casualization

All of them are entirely GF fault.
Gen8 won’t be good. I’ll buy it anyway.

What is the problem you are talking about? What pokemon game did Masuda put so much effort into just to get shit on for two pokemon?

God I want to fuck Dawn’s mouth so bad

bw and its trashcan icecream

He's blaming all of Gen V's criticism on Garbodor and Vanilluxe, which is laughable.

Shes a 10 year old little girl you fucking sick fuck.

Gamefreak and their retarded "every gen has its gimmick" mindset happened
>Gen 4
>adds following pokemon
>Gen 5
>removes following pokemon
>adds dynamic music, seasons, wild battle variety and a fuckton of minigames
>Gen 6
>removes dynamic music, seasons, wild battle variety and a fuckton of minigames
>adds various clothes for the player character

Attached: 1553464659814.png (680x680, 958K)

Crystal is the one that started shoving story and legendaries down your throat. I didn't play Platinum or later games, but RSE were just as bad as DP when it came to pointless story shit getting in the way.

Why are unovabortions so fucking insecure?

I unironically stopped playing after black and white because I just lost interest in the series and the sequels just didn't seem interesting.

I am waiting for the series to go to shit enough that they release a multiplayer game that has all of the regions available to travel to with the ability to complete the "full" pokedex in one game. They would probably go bankrupt before they do that but its a dream.

I mean yah Vanilluxe is a stupid idea but I just never used it I didn't bitch about it and Garbodor I just thought of as a muk clone with a stupid trash gimmick so I kinda liked it actually. Didn't kill the game for me though just another set of pokemon to ignore.

You grew up

>Pokémon hasn't been good since gen 3*

Attached: 1419782470673.jpg (650x1062, 70K)

>Story bad
Yeah, cause doing 8 gyms over and over again is compelling.

Aside from the short encounter at the burned tower, everything involving legendaries in Crystal is optional.
Notice how I said Platinum, not D/P. Platinum went way further with the story than D/P. Emerald was also more in that direction than R/S.
Basically, if I'm replaying a Pokemon game, it's FireRed, Ruby, or HeartGold. Even then, I get frustrated with the added kimono girl/forced legendary encounter in HG/SS.

Like what? The Rivals were actually fun and interesting.

>posts a pic from Gen 6

I'm in the minority of people who enjoys each generation more than the last one

That said, they have made a few mistakes. Lack of battle facilities, linearity in the world design, and Gen 7's god-awful performance issues. Gen 7 also has unskippable cutscenes which make it dull to re-play and speedrun.
I also don't really like Z-Moves but I like Mega Evolutions a lot. Loads of people pretend they hate Megas but everybody still wishes their favourite Pokémon had got one.

Aside from that, each generation has great new Pokémon designs, great characters, and great new game mechanics.

The only thing Gen V had in terms of handholding is Nurses and Doctors through the Reigon healing your Pokemon, that’s it.

Me on the right

Attached: 1558714064434.jpg (610x801, 224K)

Attached: May-girls-of-pokemon-32920697-320-240.jpg (320x240, 28K)

>3 good
lol

kiddie can't handle too much water

Attached: 1507995334679.png (800x800, 626K)

i don't know what people were going on about the gen 5 sprites
watching your pokemon spaz out is ugly and really distracting

I can't handle how shit gen 3 was yeah you're right.

Pokegirls Tier list
S - Dawn, May, Hex maniac
A - Misty, Joy, Jenny, Selene
B - Cynthia, Flanerry, Elesa, Sheild-chan
C - Lillie, Iris

anyone else here from old /vp/? i refuse to go back. the kotaku article really brought in too many normalfags who begged for janitors and actually won; literally different the next day. i saw a board get killed

>Gameplay bad
I guess it says something about how stale Pokemon's formula is when you need a low budget Saturday morning cartoon plot in poorly animated sprite form to keep players from getting bored.

>tfw you enjoy every gen
I haven't played gen 7 yet, I got burnt out on the series shortly after ORAS. I do wish they'd toss out the Battle Resort/Maison and bring the Battle Frontier and my wife

Attached: 58bf5a478190233bc85800f429f2344a.jpg (734x950, 63K)

When the fuck are they going to do the DiaPer remake??

Attached: 1529984330088.png (558x641, 8K)

What kotaku article?

You really want to see them butcher Sinnoh like they butchered Hoenn?

What happened?

hopefully never, remake platinum

What do you mean? Black and White 2 sold excellently for an upgraded version Pokemon game on the DS released well into the 3DS lifespan.
People laugh at the icecream cone and the trash, but people also shit on
>literally just a bird
>litterally just a snake
>literally just goo with smiley face
>dragon that looks like barney
>puffish but ugly
And the list goes on. It's not like Masuda made each pokemon by hand himself, and even then the fucking ice cream cone is so silly it's almost memetic, so it's charming now in hindsight.

this. many people don't realize that B1/W1 and B2/W2 -- but more of the latter -- were his magnum opus. a lot of people saw the gen i pandering at the very start of gen vi's reveal because it was just obvious and it worked. good for them, but bad for us because those new people who got into gen vi after taking a 3-4 gen long break don't care about actual content. a lot of them were OKAY with the idea of game corner and battle frontier being removed from OR/AS

BW2 wasn't where the bitching happened, it was BW1 where everyone bitched about no old gen mons were catchable until postgame so they just took it was DUDE KANTOOOOOOOOOOO and now we have the 3d games where you cant walk 2 steps without being given a cutscene about jumping down a ledge and a kanto pokemon being thrown in your face

I don't understand the argument where you look at past designs and say "See they had uninspired designs in the past so that means a shitty design now is ok" It is like you don't expect the quality to get better when they have 100 times the funding and people than they used to. The quality shouldnt be going downhill.

Gen 4 was the comfiest (because it was the first one I played as a child)

MODS

gen /vp/ article. they even interviewed a redditor to further explain the project and Yea Forums in general, so everyone flocked over to play video game designer and complained for janitors to be put in place because that redditor said it was okay for them to go to Yea Forums

Underage b&

The problem wasn't old mons, though. Problem was that the new mons all looked like fucking shit. Like there is a differnce between wanting the old, and just don't finding the new appealing. Like, the starters leave a rather bad impression and you don't get much better. The new pokemon that aren't absolutely hideous are few in number.

Besides, let's face it. About 50-60% of the new mons were still "DUDE, KANTOOO" with how clearly they were trying to copy the Gen 1 pokemon.

I was 8 when diamond and pearl came out, now I'm 20

I'd rather brand new pokemon that are doing the same niche from old gens (regional bird ect) rather than literally painting a kantoshit blue and giving it ice type and acting like its a new pokemon you fucking retard

Fucking LIAR. MOOOOOODS!!!!

Gen 5 was the apex

Attached: 1531204033134.png (811x627, 626K)

WTF did u do??

Man DP was 12 years ago. after september this year HG/SS will be older by now than what the original G/S were by the time those remakes came out

u mean to tell me that we are progressing linearly through time? why did my parents not tell me about this

Attached: 1445684610874.jpg (550x366, 60K)

Genwunner here.Gen 7 wins just by not having HM slaves anymore

courteously and unobtrusively bumped

Attached: i - 1544964562620 - how to blankpost courtesy of vip.png (238x46, 2K)

It actually made the games easier. Back then HM slaves existed so you couldn't have a 6 pokemon party ready at all times. This to make it easier to apread experience across 4 pokemon without the new busted Exp. Share, and also why Gym Leaders carried 3-4 viable pokemon only.

>spoonfeeding

Attached: 1556650315333.jpg (540x398, 41K)

Oh shit thank you user. I was wondering how to do this. You're a good guy.

you once didn't know how to do it yourself and shamelessly requested advice as well

look on the bright side: this is now Pokechad knowledge

Attached: 1471753600138.jpg (279x344, 26K)

>Lackluster mons
>Linear world
>group of people follow you around the world
>noticeably easier then 3rd generation (the easiest of big 4)
>hand holding to the end

Sure Challenge mode was...a step forward made the game slighty more interesting but the hoops GF made you jump through wasnt worth it (unless you just hacked it in)

>Some nintendo rep come to my elementary school and gave us 3D DPP posters
Time flies man, I still have my poster

Yeah, giving you fucking Return as one of your first TMs and early as fuck Riolu encounters was way too busted.

They couldn't top HG/SS so they stopped trying
inb4 the B/W2 drones start seething

nice, you got pics?

I don't sorry, it look exactly like this though with weird 3D lines, also mine is kinda beat up since I've head since I was in 4th grade, came with 3D glasses but I lost them long ago

Attached: H2x1_NDS_PokemonPlatinum_enGB_image1600w[1].jpg (1600x800, 283K)

I want to see her panties.

She's canonically no pan
pic related official card art

Attached: 54820073_p0.png (1025x1000, 889K)

4 was my favorite but it was still good in 5, especially BW2.

what does insecurity have to do with it
It's my understanding that Platinum version was the best game if you had friends to play with often, with all of its multiplayer content, and BW2 was if not, since it had the largest singleplayer postgame and a campaign that was at least pretty damn fun for me to nuzlocke, never did a normal run but it was fairly challenging.

Attached: 526e79fd7dca8bf5073a84467eedf4f6.jpg (800x800, 196K)

what the fuck was Giratina's problem

Participated in a rebellion against God and was banished to a netherrealm as punishment
Its rage against the human antichrist allowed it to redeem itself and gain its freedom

>unironically enjoying XY
Don't have your standards so deep into the ground.

Attached: 1557962347814.jpg (884x874, 81K)

What the hell? I want to see her cunny in that case!!

not him but XY wasn't terrible it was just very mediocre if you consider its the first time the games went 3d without reusing assets from pokemon stadium like colosseum did

XY might not have been a god tier gen but it wasnt fucking gen 7. it was at least mediocre. and if mediocre is your bar for good vs shit then your expectations for pokemon are way to high

X and Y was indeed pretty bland, tho. Problem is that the bar that the pokemon games have is set by other pokemon games themselves.

Imagine being her scent slave bros... smelling her armpits... smelling her feet... and if you are a really good boy... smelling her... her... oh gosh... I cant say it... p*ssy!!

fuck off w0ps

>that artist has drawn pokegirls in bikinis
I NEED them to draw Wicke's delicious mom body.

Attached: 1558410521904.jpg (700x990, 109K)

Cringe and bluepilled. Please kill yourself. Fucking yikes.

I am dissapointed we never got to battle Thicc Wicc in the game. I'd have never let go of the Battle Tree if she was available as a partner, but I guess Mallow is fine too.

XY is easily the worst. It was way too easy, even for pokemon standards, the region spent most of its time jerking off other regions, the storyline was bogged down by a bunch of random unnecessary bullshit, and it added the smallest amount of new pokemon compared to any other gen.

Dawn thread?

Attached: 1555385410841.jpg (2500x2500, 445K)

The game was full of disappointments. At least she was around to be motherly and beautiful.

Attached: 1480554826014.jpg (1280x806, 282K)

I don't know OP but I agree that it hasn't been good since. I tried getting into gen 5 like 10 fucking times throughout the last decade and I couldn't. Even less with more modern games. I feel like they tried to drag out the story stuff too much and make shit easier and brainless. Platinum and HG/SS were my shit, and past that I don't even want to touch Pokemon anymore.

Attached: 1555385571966.jpg (1000x1000, 249K)

Attached: 1555386062527.png (849x1200, 766K)

Attached: 1555386413613.png (818x546, 262K)

I know you might not be a genwunner, but
>dinosaur with plants growing on its back
>bigger dinosaur with bigger plants growing on its back
>biggest dinosaur with biggest planta growing on its back

Attached: 1555387313976.png (1000x994, 1.41M)

>you will never make Wickie a real mommy
Why even live.

Nice. Gonna try it on my little sister.

Attached: 1555387543383.png (720x960, 599K)

Why did they make Dawn so perfect and sexy? They can't just put that into a kids game like that.

>still no dawn figure from Kotobukiya

Attached: 000784363_02.jpg (667x1000, 134K)

Attached: 1555389484827.jpg (1408x995, 238K)

>you will never meet the young new recruit Wicke as a fellow hire
>she will never be the peppiest, most adorable girl you've ever known in your life
>you will never grow close to her, closer than either of you dreamed
>you will never set her on the path of true motherhood even faster than she would have normally
Why live?

Attached: 1554690515327.jpg (1200x675, 104K)

Thank you

Being a dawnfag is suffering.

Attached: 1555387931523.jpg (320x378, 29K)

They've already done Leaf, Hilda, and Serena. Best player girls are donewith, they should move onto gym leaders or something.

Every time I see Dawn I want to commit a crime!

Attached: D6OMwgEUIAIFo7I.jpg-orig.jpg (725x1024, 68K)

I really liked Pokemon up until the end if the Diamond and Pearl. Black and whites game were OK. Anything after just fucking sucks.

>not wanting to make the current thicc Wickie a mother
>not wanted to be showered with gratitude by a woman who thought she was left behind and forgotten.
You disgust me. If you won't accept her now because of her age, you don't deserve her.

Attached: 1555387733446.jpg (700x990, 185K)

it might have jerked off other regions but at least the megas were spread out a bit. SM was literally DUDE REMEMBER KANTOOOOOO

Why is the pokemon fandom so sexual? I seriously haven't seen a single place in the internet that doesn't sexualizes the shit out of either the pokemon or the character. And I mean anywhere: Yea Forums, /vg/, twitter, discord, reddit, gamefaqs. Everyone there is people talking about wanting to fuck either the humans or the pokemon.

I'm good either way, there's no need for hostility. Still, wouldn't it be nice if you knew each other for a long time? There's a special bond that can only time can create.

Attached: 1527519080466.jpg (850x1511, 485K)

I really liked Pokemon up until the end of Diamond and Pearl. Black and White were OK games. Anything after just fucking sucks.

We understand, user.
Seek help.

Attached: 1555387028296.png (300x300, 24K)

Speaking of the "KANTOOOO" meme, is there a mirror of that video somewhere? Dude took it down before I could watch it.

Attached: 1555386965669.jpg (474x662, 40K)

M-maybe Dawn could help me out?

As long as there's life in you, my dude, there is always plentful time in the now and the future. Never long for a past unobtained, but rather look forward to the future ahead.

honestly BW1 had a great world logic behind it: make the main world fairly linear with few/no HMs required for those who just want the story, but allow you to explore more complex depths of caves and forests. It wasnt ideal, but its a good middle ground between Mount Coronet and Final Fantasy XIII corridors.

Attached: 1555387643959.jpg (751x1186, 127K)

> zoomer tries to explain why gen 4 is the best even though it's by far the worst generation

Attached: notshit.jpg (300x300, 32K)

Attached: D5aYFHEUUAEX67O.jpg-orig.jpg (1194x1689, 409K)

Dawn was Ash's best companion. I miss her

Attached: 1538530248710.gif (267x200, 729K)

I genuinely think why you think each gen from 2-5 is the best will end up relying on subjective opinions. Gen 4 does have HG/SS and Platinun, is the last gen with a Battle Frontier so there's that.

Why don't you first describe the kind crime you're thinking of commiting, user-kun? In great detail of course.

Attached: 1555387600135.jpg (1099x1134, 97K)

Just set up 3ds emulator is ORAS worth playing just for the nostalgia. Emerald was my first pokemon game and I played it fuck ton

You're a wise person, though I had no intention of not following that advice. It's just nice sometimes to think about what could have been. It doesn't have to stop a person from living in the now.

Attached: 1527518641654.png (820x1072, 508K)

Ummmm....h-holding hands...?

ORAS isnt bad honestly. the postgame sucks now, but the game is fine.

Maybe you need a pair of glasses user.
Or an eye surgery.

Attached: D5NIuRaU0AEEMRU.jpg-orig.jpg (2048x705, 271K)

Gen 4 is my least favorite generation because of how boring it is and how bad all the new pokemon are, but HG/SS were pretty great.
If I include those gen 4 is definitly better than 6, but that's still a pretty low bar

Why did gamefreak make them so sexy?

Whoa there, this is a blue board.

Attached: 1555388345756.jpg (700x875, 47K)

you don't wanna know

Attached: texaner.png (728x752, 395K)

Oh, it's bad. It's not Gen 7 tier of bad, but it's still bad. Cutscenes get pretty brutal towards the end of the game, and your rival is constantly cutscening you throughout the game, and even healing your party over and over. One instance of him doing this which particularly annoyed me is on the encounter on route 111, in which you have to walk like 30 tiles to get to a healing house, but your rival will stll fucking cutscene you and heal your party because Gen 6 is where the handholding rose to stupid levels and it continued in Gen 7 with no signs of stopping.

Like don't get me wrong, it's not Gen 7. Thank God ORAS is not Gen 7 tier of bad. But it's still kinda bad compared to previous entries...

Attached: 1555388165865.png (1100x1489, 1.68M)

Because you're having impure thoughts.
Please repent.

Attached: D1SAbsXVYAAxTLI.jpg-orig.jpg (2048x805, 317K)

That's gen 5 though

>4
>somehow worst when 3 6 7 and lets go exist

You aren't enjoying the games anymore because you aren't a kid anymore. Anybody who still takes pokemon seriously is either a child or manchild. It's fine to play the games I guess, but anybody seriously getting angry about the new games not being as good as the old ones needs to wake up and realize the games are being made for kids, not 23 year old NEETs.

Attached: D4R5iCEUUAAQXFn.jpg-orig.jpg (1841x1480, 113K)

I can definitely see it's easier. Why does mudkip already have water gun and why do I have 11 potions?

Attached: DyE1sJpVAAEJtSQ.jpg-orig.jpg (680x889, 77K)

Attached: 1555386823914.png (1000x1400, 590K)

But Gamefreak put those thoughts in my head! It's their fault!

Attached: D3M3FyPVYAERNgy.jpg-orig.jpg (789x1294, 111K)

Attached: 1528097050560.jpg (564x451, 30K)

Attached: D1eXsx1VAAEUdKb.jpg-orig.jpg (1200x1600, 133K)

>complaining about linearity
>in a pokemon game
Surely you're just baiting

Attached: 1557901576808.png (1200x1600, 404K)

I think it's the case of the animation team often forgetting to draw it due to budget and time constrains.

Attached: 1555389536731.jpg (667x500, 51K)

Attached: D2RCKAuUkAANya3.jpg-orig.jpg (2047x1535, 400K)

gen 4 was the worst gen though

Whatever became of pokemon sage? Was it ever finished and released or did it get scrapped?

>Lackluster mons
Subjective. Personally I think Gen 4 had one of the worst batches of new Pokémon while Gen 5 was one of the best, and in terms of actual in-game availability and variety Gen 5 blows Gen 4 out of the water.
>Linear world
The progression had been getting more and more linear with every game, this isn't a trend that started here, and despite the map itself being a circle the actual areas were mostly still expansive and open, like Desert Resort and Twist Mountain, and there are tons of optional areas.
>group of people follow you around the world
One of them is the usual rival character, one of them barely shows up after the half way point, and the last one is the main antagonist. All of them also actually get some characterisation beyond "lol I'm fat and I dance" or "muh pokedex".
>noticeably easier then 3rd generation (the easiest of big 4)
Completely disagree. None of the games are hard overall, but Gen 5 has more fights with the potential to hand you your ass than most other gens (Striaton Gym if you don't bother with the monkey, Lenora, Clay, Ghetsis, etc.)
>hand holding to the end
You're going to have to give some examples because I can't think of any.

Also I heard something about The Delta episode is that good?

USUM is flawless.
Prove me wrong.

I love how the more we go further with time the more people raise the bar with "x was the last good pokémon game".
Before it was gen 2, then gen 3, now it's starting to be gen 4.

I can't

Attached: 1531266355582.gif (434x423, 1.06M)

Because of People who played gen 4 as a kid are now a sizable demographic on this site. Soon gen 5 will be the last good pokemon generation.

>Gen 5 started all the shit trends that ruined 6/7
Yeah, but that shit was well done in Gen 5.

>Not her feet

I miss the animated sprites

Attached: 1556395534742.jpg (480x360, 20K)

yeah right, no way she is naked

I think we entered a time-warp where everything was awful when 2008 started.

>what happened when 2008 started

You fucking know.

We left the awful timeline a few years back. We're in the meme timeline now.

>implying Obama wasn't the start of the meme timeline

You're new.

user no ecchi