Nioh 2 Alpha

Thread for discussing the Nioh 2 Alpha

Attached: nioh-2.jpg (590x332, 40K)

giv code

Attached: IMG_1507.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

copy and paste. wtf

It is not a big deal bit I hate it when sequels don't have a different UI

this. Feels like i'm playing the same game.

Anyone found a full set of, or better yet the Smithing Text for Sohaya armor? Looks pretty solid. I want to know if the full set has 200 Toughness or not.

They changed the UI just enough to make it uglier. The skill selection UI especially.

That's exactly how a sequel should be IMO.

i cannot find one kodama in the first mission and i haven't found anything with kodama sense yet.

Whoever took my code earlier is hopefully enjoying it.

From what I seen/heard 2 is just more of the same. Which I don't really have an issue with to be perfectly honest.

I liked it from what I played, action mode is A+ but i feel like some of the enemies are too strong also I don't know why you people are complaining, it's an alpha and they gave you a survey for suggestions, do we even have a release date? There's plenty of time to fix what you don't like about it.

Can't you just keep killing the dual axe dudes? Also Is the Sohaya set even that good? For a set effect called Yokai Slayer its set effects seem weaker for dealing with the bigger yokai than even Shrine Maiden's set effects (Stealth on Yokai + Item Finding on Yokai vs larger purification window and Healing on purification). I think even Eccentric gives it a run for its money being in the same weight class and having 2 bonuses to strong attack damage

There's 8 dude.

>i feel like some of the enemies are too strong
They're actually weaker than they were in Nioh. It feels like they fixed the 'lmao everything 1shots you' problem Nioh had.
>and they gave you a survey for suggestions
What, where?

i know, i'm missing one and i can't find it.

>Can't you just keep killing the dual axe dudes?
Are they the ones who drop it? I haven't noticed.

>Also Is the Sohaya set even that good?
The full set bonus looks worth it, if the set has 200 Toughness. Otherwise I'm sticking with what I have now: 2 pieces of Priestess and 3 pieces of Yoshiie's.

LET ME IN LET ME IN LET ME IN LET ME IIIIINNNNNNNNNNN
It's not fair Yea Forumsros.... it's not fair.... I played the alpha and beta and last chance demo to death, I platinumed the game on ps4 when barely anyone else had, I preorder the game on PC and then 100% it again AND THEY WONT GIVE ME A DAMN CODE REEEEEEE

Yeah I know for sure that the dual axe dudes drop sohaya pieces, no idea if the smithing text also drops from them. The twilight mission enemies seem to drop pretty much everything too including smithing texts and at the highest level available in the alpha, but I can't be 100% sure they drop Sohaya parts so dual axe dudes in the regular missions should still be the safest bet.

God I want kiss Yuki-Onna's icy feet

Attached: 1554673636207.png (830x527, 335K)

How is the enemy variety in the alpha? Are there more than like 2 enemies?

Haha I never played the first one, I'm enjoying the alpha though. It feels good

Guess I'll get on that then.

I like the set bonuses for Eccentric, but that set only gets about 150 Toughness, and it's pretty heavy at almost 20 units. Not sure if I could sneak in a piece from a heavier set to get 200 at my current Stamina. Maybe something from Yoshiie's'll fit.

>sloth
Shame on you

NEW SMITH CHAN IS CUTE!

It's pretty good.

There's a bunch of returning mobs from Nioh: Karakasa Umbrella, Dweller, Yoki, Magatsu, Spear/Sword/Bow/Gun/Cannon Skeleton Warriors, Mudman, Nurikabe.

Then there's a bunch new monsters: two bosses, sub-boss, several new yokai. Way more interactable yokai like the ballsack mimic guys (although they're not in the alpha that I've seen).

She's got no personality.

when is this game supposed to come out? I was about to buy Nioh but I'll hold off if this is coming out soon

It's just Tome again right?

I tried without sloth like 30 times and couldn't beat her

>checked email for 11th time

Attached: 1470597970280.jpg (487x432, 12K)

If they improved the level design, its gonna be a perfect game.

She looks just like Tome, but is "hotter", and has a really annoying voice.

"hotter"?
Like you find her more attractive

Attached: 1532152444000.jpg (1916x2048, 375K)

It's improving, though they're definitely showing off more of the yokai variety rather than human enemies off the top of my head.
>Human
Bandit
Bigger/Armored Bandit
Dual Axe Sohaya guys

>Yokai
Skeleton
Dweller
Infernal oni-bi (floating head dudes)
Brute Oni
Ninja Oni
Lesser Umi-bozu
Kappa
Nurikabe
Magatsu Warrior
Ippon Datura
Gaki
Waira
Armless Snek Lady
Repurposed solo Orochi Head
Ennera

Same family it looks like but not her. Slightly older looking with a voice to match, eye patch instead of cloth though still on the same eye. Also has an Ippon Datura helping in the background, perhaps one of the other members of the family that transformed but still helps out.

So like, think of an anime/videogame character you like, then imagine some bored model cosplaying as her. That's nu-Tome.

Is "dashing" sprinting?

Yeah

I like it so far. I just wish there was a longer wake up period for alerted enemies. They can stand up, do a 180, draw their weapon and attack all within like 1/8th of a second.

Got the Smithing Text after two kills, thanks.

Sadly the set's only got about 130 Toughness.

Maybe after you finish the demo? I read the email with the code and they said something about a survey for suggestions

Horrible taste

Don't know how I feel about the alpha. Stage designs are already better than the first game, but it feels like an expansion.

a revenant used sloth on me REEEEEEEEE FUCK SLOOOOOOOOOTH

How the fuck do I kill that oni yokai in the big smelter area?

Carefully.

The boss? What exactly are you having problems with it?

Yeah, I can get him to about half health but he keeps getting me down in 2 hits. Is he weak to anything specific?

it's not competing with sekiro or dmc

well, yeah, it has a decent MP mode

Water. There's two specific pillars he can punch out and a big barrel of water will drop on him and do a bunch of ki damage.

His main weakness is the amrita core. When his ki is gone you can smash it off and do extra damage to it and stagger him sometimes. When he gets his ki back it'll be the yokai realm aura in the whole room and he generally doesn't have the armor their either. A great skill to break his ki while the armor is off is the Ippon-Datara yokai skill since it'll smash right on the core if you center it.

The water barrels that fall on him when he breaks a pillar help in the fight, so maybe he's also weak to elemental water? Ippon-Datara's yokai skill depletes a good chunk of his stamina as well so abuse that when you can. Aside from that Yokai Shift can be pretty faceroll since he'll always use tornado form after bringing the arena to yokai world and you can hit him out of that and rebreak him. Also as silly as it sounds 2 hits to kill you is all you need, his combos aren't that long and you can typically guard/roll away before he gets those two hits and heal up. Any move in particular you're struggling to dodge?

Can you get an Ippon-Datara soul core above level 2?

I didn't even realize a water barrel could hit him. Thanks for the tips guys I'm gonna give it a try & get my revenge on that fucker.

Yes? The one I have equipped now is Lv.23.

The few I've found have only been level 2...

Yeah. Ippon-Datara don't appear much though so I think your best bet to find one would be the twilight mission since theres a good number of them there.

What has changed with the weapons since Nioh 1? I used the single katana and the nodachi

They both play pretty much the same.

So dunno if anyone else has discovered this but the twilight mission boss (forgot its name) If you inflict him with the divine weapon debuff/ purity? He'll spam him tornado attack and the Yokai realm version nonstop until the debuff runs out.
Found it kinda funny.

Yeah, and you can knock him out of it for a mini out-of-ki type knockdown. Thing hits hard as fuck though.

You're going to love odachi then. It has a single step backwave/tempest and it works on yokai.

You hit guard before they hit you and you sidestep and slam them into the ground.

Odachi also gets the backflip move from single katana and it doesn't require you to have light armor on. It's a combo ender so stance dancing from heavy into another stance light then finishing with the backflip is going to be cool.

Spear get's a ki pulse Flying Monkey in any direction on low stance. It activates just like spear stance change twirl.

I haven't been able to verify but supposedly there is a hilt bash that is a heavy attack combo ender for single katana but that's it.

I don't think every skill tree has everything available since there are unfilled circles one each one.