SMT thread

ITT: post demons with cool designs

Attached: Satan_Render.png (901x1168, 736K)

Other urls found in this thread:

megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Hastur
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Sanat
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Aeshma
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Asmodeus
youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=7prWEHN8_HA
youtu.be/jK7-U-BNXpk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Sh_norn.jpg (1182x1548, 1.23M)

I love Lilith!

Attached: Lilith_SMT.png (1280x2420, 2.3M)

Attached: 956953-cuchulainn.jpg (452x640, 20K)

Attached: sjvector.png (1700x1931, 932K)

i think this design looks better

Attached: lilith.jpg (1089x1667, 1.36M)

Attached: Zaou_Gongen.jpg (956x1506, 936K)

Attached: tumblr_o2rzb0kCkP1r0v64ho1_500.gif (500x646, 711K)

best girl

Attached: tumblr_o495wfXWto1r0v64ho1_500.gif (500x700, 1.39M)

more!

>This is going to be our Satan design from now on
Outside of the 7 heads, this thing doesn't even remotely look like a proper Satan design. Knock off two or 3 of it's heads and name it Leviathan or something.

He truly did turn the frogs gay... Wow...

Attached: Chemtrail_SMTIV.jpg (1037x1280, 196K)

>this thing doesn't even remotely look like a proper Satan design.
i'm not a bible scholar but what about the previous design (giant insect monster with tits) resembles satan other than the 666 theme

Attached: Ddy6iB1U0AAY-x4.jpg (1200x937, 223K)

Attached: SMT2Nyarlathotep.jpg (876x1412, 79K)

To go into detail on why Doi's Satan design isn't good:
>"His Satan visually represents a specific Satan, that of the Beast or Dragon from Revelation, with its specific seven heads and ten horns; there’s also his hands impaled by spikes with broken chains, implying some escape. Because this represents a Satan from a very specific timeframe, it’s wholly inappropriate outside of it–indeed, 4A places it into a Jewish context. Plus you can compare it to another Revelation Beast, Mother Harlot, where it comes off as over-exaggerated in proportion and overblown like a design for gatcha game card art."

>fanart

Attached: tatshiggy.jpg (231x254, 18K)

What is with Doi and giving his designs overly muscular torso's, and points as feet like Soejima's Persona's? Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1539897646451.jpg (644x800, 35K)

>Wojaktoddler

This guy would look infinitely better without the glowing red arms, but I'll take it.

Attached: amon.jpg (1280x1280, 242K)

>He doesn't get the Devilman reference

I don't actually hate Doi's stuff (love the Mermaid and especially his Centaur) but this Satan just feels wholly inferior in every aspect to the original.

This thing is honestly one of my favorite demons now. I really hope it's in SMT V as a fusion, boss, or both. I think it'd look infinitely better as a 3D model.

you misunderstood me, i'm not trying to defend doi i just think saying that its not a proper satan design is silly because smt has taken creative liberties with designs before
definitely my favorite new demon

Doi's Odin, Dagda, and Satan designs look borderline like Persona's. If the higher ups didn't fuck with his designs so much and allow him more freedom, we could have gotten the concept designs which are far superior. I wonder if Doi will ever get the freedom to make the designs he wants, honestly. The only reason why Kaneko got away with making so many wonky designs, is because he was essentially a higher up in the franchise, himself.

nü-SMT is full of japanese pop-culture references, and I'm not sure if I like it.

Attached: tokusatsu odin.jpg (640x960, 41K)

It's true that a good majority of SMT designs take liberties, Satan in particular is questionable. Doi's depiction of him is based off of a specific Satan in Christianity. The 7 Headed Beast in the book of Revelations. That contrasts from the role Satan plays in the series, as his role is heavily comparable to the Judaism version. The judge who serves under YHVH to test humanity.

Yeah I love this guy. He seems so small in this image though, I always imagine him being enormous.

Did we ever get a King in Yellow demon?

Was old SMT actually different?

Attached: nata.jpg (478x642, 39K)

Fuck you that Odin is better than Kaneko's Odin, just like New Loki is better than Old Loki

Hastur was in P2
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Hastur

So far, he's only did so for a few designs. The only ones I can think of are Odin and Amon, in terms of having Japanese culture references. To be fair though, Kaneko has done the same on many occasions. People give him less shit though, because they've grown accustom to his designs.
I don't think it surpassed Soul Hackers Odin, though.

Diaper Odin is also trash, but I'm not sure if turning him into metal heroes was the right move.

speaking of pop culture

Attached: 447.jpg (2000x1935, 392K)

Discount Rider right there also one of the lazyest fiends.

Attached: nightmare.jpg (485x632, 23K)

Attached: Chris_the_Car.jpg (1936x1364, 585K)

I'm sure they could have found another cultural figure like Daisoujou to be a Fiend instead of fucking Hell Biker.

Attached: Audrey.jpg (2072x2388, 1.01M)

>playing SJ for the first time
>sector D
>Asura Roga
What the absolute fuck

>He's getting filtered by Delphinius
Excuse me, what? If you're struggling now, Eridanus is going to be awful.

literally my favorite smt demon of all time.

Attached: 3877477_p0.jpg (240x400, 43K)

Buy some healing items and go solo and getting Asura Roga'd becomes your advantage state instead.
I did it like that and it was unironically easier than trying to actually beat him through conventional means.

When do you think we'll hear about SMT 5 again guys? Or any other potential spin offs?

Attached: 1497787382767.png (500x650, 508K)

>When do you think we'll hear about SMT 5 again guys?
November
>Or any other potential spin offs?
Never

SJ or SJR?

>SMT V news
Either this E3 (Slim chance), or during TGS this September (Medium Chance).
>Spinoffs
Being completely honest and not simply saying never like a pessimistic faggot, who knows. If SMTV does well enough, and the series exposure and sales increase, we might get a Raidou or Devil Summoner revival at the least. Those two are pretty popular in Japan. As for new spinoffs, or Devil Survivor, it's up in the air.

Attached: image.gif (329x302, 7K)

2021 at best
After they are done with Royal maybe something, so I would risk to say Next February.

Why November?
>tfw Etrian Odyssey will become gachashit, Persona 5 will get milked as hard as P4, Project Re Fantasy is still vaporware, and we'll never get another cool spinoff like DDS/Soul Hackers/Persona/Devil Survivor/etc.
It sucks bros

Attached: 1505430573883.jpg (480x480, 73K)

After P5R releases, and maybe Scramble so anything Persona related doesn't drown out SMT news. At the most, Fall 2020 maybe.

I feel it

Attached: 2E9D4E3C-78B7-4210-9C36-5482AA15D67A.png (512x352, 57K)

Forever king, hee-ho.

Attached: 1558652829518.png (549x973, 109K)

This is a Persona board. Take your dead franchise back to /vg/. There's nothing for you to discuss until V has actual news. That is, if it's still being developed.

For me, it's Turbo-Granny

Attached: latest[1].png (1062x806, 713K)

I hope this E3 if Sega and Nintendo force Atlus to stop being retarded, it's the perfect chance to raise some eyebrows and get some people interested in the game.

Rude.

Attached: 62A0948D-738B-465B-B022-E391ECB4B0C5.jpg (750x492, 94K)

Fuck you, I do what I want

Attached: hoooooooooy.png (400x403, 152K)

Attached: IMG_20190524_135800.jpg (1200x800, 123K)

Probably not until either this fall or next year, knowing Atlus's retarded announcement schedules.

Attached: crush this rock.png (500x437, 59K)

Pretty based, Hoyposter

Attached: 1558480375618.jpg (3210x1806, 669K)

>actually crush it
pretty cool user, have a life stone
*jack frost left

>still rocking the pompadour from Yuriko's design in SMT1
I love that.

Son of Man, am I kawaii?

Attached: yv kawaii.png (512x512, 257K)

I get it, I just think it's dumb. Like Odin being a sentai hero when he's never been known to be a fighter; Odin's always been renown for his wisdom. He can fight but it's not his 'thing'.

Reminder that the Space Marine has never failed no matter what universe.

Attached: Demonica.jpg (448x880, 90K)

*autistically screeches in your path.

Attached: DSJ_Alex.png (970x1160, 620K)

Attached: Strange Journey cast.png (755x410, 431K)

>live under a rock
>saw the SJR changed art today
I will miss Kaneko's art.

Still technically never failed.

Impossible considering Amala simply has infinite possibilities.
Stephen just didn't invite him to hang out with the other heroes because he was lame.

Plus his chaosfag universe is a huge failure.

She screeches because he succeeds

Attached: Hoy.png (345x770, 188K)

The reason she exists is because you failed in her timeline.

Attached: Flauros.jpg (980x2544, 387K)

Why is jack so thick?

Attached: 1390187491231.png (500x500, 39K)

Because he doesn't Train.

Attached: 1485074138780.jpg (300x190, 90K)

>asks for good SMT demon designs
>starts with Doi's Satan
Doi's Satan in mediocre as fuck. It conflicts with Satan's lore in megaten.

Have a actual amazing design.

Attached: Beelzebub Fly.png (1095x1170, 1.07M)

I'm so glad this design got an actual 3D model in P5, hope they just copy/paste this motherfucker into SMT5.

Attached: ardha.jpg (1209x1920, 393K)

>leap that wall, if you're so great!

Attached: 1558480943199.jpg (600x600, 69K)

Unironically love this dude, it's so weird.

Attached: 1489409247750.jpg (1896x2668, 637K)

This design had a sprite on one of the persona fighting games as well, looked great there.

DEUS VULT

Actually, Odin enjoyed war.

I love Ardha, man. Hinduism Mythology has a lot of good demon designs in particular.

Welcome, to the Red Room..

>they see your mara

Ryan..

Do you mean Soejima's Loki? I don't know if I like it more than Kaneko's Loki, though I still do really like it. Purple man Loki is trash though, I don't mind purple Odin that much, but I hate purple Loki.

Attached: 259.jpg (1349x1920, 352K)

Not really. Odin was more of someone who used trickery and deception for accomishing his needs.

I expect an update this year, but there is zero chance it'll be at E3 so don't get your hopes up.

I know, but he still enjoyed and participated in war.

I think Re:Fantasy will come along eventually, but there's no way they'll say anything about it before Royal comes out. I can only hope for Etrian Odyssey, but I think there's a pretty decent chance for some MegaTen spinoff other than Persona being made after SMTV, there's a better chance for it now than there has been for a good while anyway.

What are we going to call you now? We have Eric, ACfag, Barry, what should we name you?

Soejima's Loki was pretty solid, since it actually fits the lore that he turned into a Mare to distract Giants or something, and got fucked by a horse. No clue why he has a gigantic saber, though. I un ironically like the design, but eh. I prefer Soul Hackers Loki. Not sure why so many people hate it.

Soejima’s Loki looks like a fucking mess.

Attached: 1558677674249.png (480x640, 483K)

Just because the old design is shit doesn't make the new one good.

Soul Hackers Odin was the best Odin.

Attached: Odin.jpg (1200x1716, 1004K)

These aren't demons

Attached: gun.jpg (400x397, 64K)

>Persona Schedule for the next couple years
>P6 & it's Remake
>P6 spin offs (Dancing Game, some other title like Arena or a Musou)
>P3 Remake with FES & P3P content
>P4 Remake with Golden's content
You heard it here, first.

Who the hell is you dad?

Look at this badass.

Attached: Yurlungur.jpg (1217x1621, 743K)

>people are fine with kaneko designing
>diaper odin
>BDSM slave loki
>mecha megatron instead of some thing with 1 million eyes and mouths with 36 wings
>4 archangels just being humans with wings instead of abominations
>titty monster satan that has a design that has absolutely nothing to do with being judge like the judaistic description of satan with the only the major design points showing that it is satan being the 666 symbolism and it being a viper which are christian symbolism of satan instead of judaistic.
>people start having a meltdown when Doi uses even the slightest liberties to design a demon.

Attached: 1542287987206.png (785x644, 670K)

You need to learn how to cope with your issues, honestly. This behavior isn't healthy. You've been shitposting in SMT threads for weeks. Shouldn't you be on discord, or something?

Personas are never "typical" demon designs because they heavily represent aspects of the person who holds them, rather than trying to just represent the mythological inspiration itself. That's why there have been four completely different looking Susanoos and three completely different looking Hermes/Mercurius.

That Odin is really good.

Wish we had him instead of Ultraman in V.

I don't think it's a mess, but the way its body is shaped along with its color palette make it hard to discern what its actually doing or how its shaped when its moving or in certain poses. I imagine that's the intention though, its fitting for one whose known best as a trickster to be be difficult to discern their true shape.

That's not the issue you coping Doifag. It's the fact that his designs lack the proper substance and same creative Liberty, compared to Doi. Not only that, but the higher ups have him on a leash which is odd since he was trained by Kaneko, and Kaneko himself is a higher up.

this, I haven't touched the game in months I don't know what to do

>diaper odin
>BDSM slave loki
These are shit, nice strawman you faggot.

People shit on Kaneko's bad designs all the time, stop making up bullshit.

That Loki design is good though, I've never understood people's problem with it. Kaneko has some sub-par designs, but I don't consider that one of them.

>mecha megatron instead of some thing with 1 million eyes and mouths with 36 wings
You realize that Metatron and the Archangels are never described as this, right? Metatron is described as being made of fire and lightning, Kaneko decided to intrpret this as metal to give him a more coherent design. The archangels have always been displayed as human like.

We understand that, user. Persona's are essentially Stands in a sense that they match the personality and soul of their user, except they have the names of God's and various other figures. I just wish the designs looked more akin to Kaneko's P1/P2 Persona's. All the sharp feet and overly awkward design choices are jarring.

I understand that, yes, angels don't truly look like human, but come on, some of those designs are WAY overly design. Look at these demons:
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Sanat
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Aeshma
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Asmodeus
You try making these demons in 3d

I agree except for Metatron and the Archangels. Metatron is based, and while I'd like to see new takes on the Archangels, I don't think eldritch abominations was the right way to go.

it's perfect, the best one so far and is the best depiction of a trickster drawn

I really hope they bring back the Nocturne Abaddon instead of the blob design that appears in every other 3D game for some reason.
Same goes for SH Garuda, Hanuman and Ganesha.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (800x764, 94K)

>Falling for the 'all angels look like monsters!' meme

Loki's Soul Hacker design is perfectly fine, and it's likely never going to get changed. So as usual, cope.

We can all agree that Doi is better than the Devil Survivor artist right?

Attached: Devil Survivor girls.png (1229x1097, 1.14M)

>>mecha megatron instead of some thing with 1 million eyes and mouths with 36 wings
archangels just being humans with wings instead of abominations
Dumbass nigger

It's really weird, and not in the good way. It doesn't really reflect Loki as a entity and looks awkward with the weird purple leather straitjacket.

Nocturne Abaddon is a remodel of Alciel, who never had a previous incarnation. It makes more sense for Abaddon to use his old design just to differentiate the two.

Doi didn't make these demons. For the last fucking time, he wasn't responsible for any of the designs in vanilla IV. It's been 6 years, and people still aren't aware of this? Jesus Christ.

Those aren't even Doi's designs

I want SMTV to have Girimehakala not be bipedal, but I imagine they will go for the bipedal design based off of his appearance in P5, unfortunately.

>It doesn't represent Loki as an entity
C R E A T I V E
L I B E R T Y

Man, I love Soul Hackers.

Attached: Urban_Terror.jpg (879x1479, 612K)

Same, tbe intentional clipping was brilliant.
I pray Doi does a new Loki, maybe he can break Kaneko's curse and give us an actually good Loki.

Yes

Been playing Megami Tensei 2 and it's pretty cool but I'm getting frustrated. Should I just skip to SMT 1?

>Metatron is described as being made of fire and lightning, Kaneko decided to intrpret this as metal
Even then fire and lightning are metals now?
You can make a case for any design if you go through hoops like that

I prefer his cute girls

Attached: Night_Stalker.jpg (1048x1920, 576K)

How do I force myself to like SMT IV? I love the music, setting, and the story of what I've played so far, but the combat feels so boring. I feel like it's literally buff until you win.

I want to love it so much, but I can't.

Attached: 1556350422472.jpg (1024x666, 53K)

>Kaneko > Doi > Soejima > Yasuda
This, is the truth.
Look at Doi's Odin. I can't even imagine what he'd do to Loki, that would be an improvement honestly. For all we know, it would end up as another dank Super Sentai reference. This isn't even me bashing Doi, but that Odin isn't it chief.

>he unironically likes soejima/doi/yasuda

i don't think kaneko disappearing and mainline going down the drain are disconnected events, that's all i'm gonna say

Attached: 1541216444230.jpg (720x996, 132K)

You can interpret them as such. Kaneko has bad designs, I'm not denying that, but Metatron is faithful enough for a pretty obscure figure.

Attached: Killer_chopper.jpg (1080x1467, 645K)

by metal, he meant a machine. Powered by electricity and forged in fire or something like that.

>He likes art
>Not just using text and imagining design

Careful with all that Kaneko dickriding. You might just rearrange your pancreas.

Are all of these designed by the same artist?

He's done good designs like Adramelech and Mephisto, I just hope it would be more like those and less like Odin and Zeus.

Pretty much guaranteed that all the generic demon designs in P5/R are the ones that'll be used in SMTV.

Attached: Yurlungump.jpg (1000x1000, 177K)

Most of them are by Kazuka Kaneko, a few are by Masayuki Doi.

yasuda is based. go back to resetera.

Attached: 1543809846473.jpg (1552x9350, 3.09M)

I'd put Doi and Soejima on the same level. I might change my mind if Doi has some really good new designs in SMTV, but right now none of his designs are so great to me that it feels right to say he's better than Soejima. I also think Soejima has a more distinct artstyle than Doi, putting designs aside, which I like.

Attached: Mad_Gasser.jpg (1280x1531, 757K)

Dammit, more lovecraft when?

I am not saying all of them are bad designs, but people never seem to have a problem when Kaneko takes some.creative liberties, but jump on any other artist for not being exactly 1:1 to their lore.

There isn't a DSJ artbook yet is there? I'd be interested to see if Doi had a lot of his designs shot down again like he did with IV:A.

>If you dislike bad artwork you need to go back to Resetera
Follow your own advice.

___________hoy___________

Attached: T9SDSMT.jpg (2180x1224, 469K)

I know this might be the case, but I hope we're wrong. They usually try to differentiate demons between Persona and SMT, for the most part outside of overly recurring figures like Jack Frost. How many demons does P5 have, anyway? 300?

artwork isn't "bad" just because it isn't tumblrina-approved.

That hasn't stopped them in the past.

Attached: tam lin & cu chulainn.png (1268x916, 847K)

I say it depends on the idea. For example, is a design for Nata Taishi that draws inspiration from Astro Boy. I enjoy Tezuka's works but in this context I find the reference unecessary and shallow. With a case like Chernobog meanwhile, a god who literally exists only in name now, creatice liberties are expected. Kaneko's design for Chernobog, the Soul Hackers' design, isn't based on anything since no text or images of him exist still but it still feels faithful to the little that is known.

What I'm trying to say is that creative liberties are fine if they add to the design, the problem with ones like Doi's Amon is that it's just a shallow pop culture reference.

This will be your JRPG cast for tonight

Attached: 43aa2e3c57fa5c335a4c25881f64e23ee3eb6d00.jpg (2416x2236, 1.46M)

I told you to go back, Yasudacuck.

Attached: Lugh.jpg (1200x1750, 915K)

Counting only generic designs and not Persona designs or non-demon enemies, around 185. That's not including any Royal will add, since they'll be getting two, possibly three, brand new arcana with their own demons that need to be added.

>They usually try to differentiate demons between Persona and SMT
Yeah, in the sprite-based handheld games. The last time an SMT game has 3D console graphics was Nocturne, and you bet your ass P3 and P4 reused its demon designs out the ass whenever possible.

It’s bad, he needs to stick to durarara

Yasuda's anatomy is fucking awful and his designs look the same across his work. If you look at the manga he does the designs there look like slightly modified DeSu designs.

I think it's around 200. It's definitely not any more than 250 though. They may be changing Jack Frost's design in SMTV though going off that piece of art they released where he had a different neckpiece than usual.

Guys, I want to fuck Airi so bad it hurts, someone help me

Attached: aiairi.jpg (508x276, 37K)

Attached: Leprechaun2.jpg (897x1583, 796K)

>Cu & Tam have the same fucking design
>When Cu has a Devil Summoner design that looks completely different, and amazing to boot
Bruh, HOY?

Attached: image.jpg (698x668, 96K)

Attached: Vouivre.jpg (1004x1600, 646K)

>Doi's Amon is that it's just a shallow pop culture reference.
What?

Attached: 300px-Aamon.jpg (300x326, 46K)

>Leprechaun is Irish
>Has British flags all over him
nani

Attached: Hellhound2.jpg (1280x1664, 373K)

he's talking about the Devilman arms, not the design as a whole.

The arms user. The red arms are a reference to Devilman according to Doi. In the series the main character uses a demon named Amon to gain power, thus Doi added the reference. Stuff like that feels unecessary. I hate it as without the arms Doi's Amon would be fucking amazing.

I like DDS

Attached: Glocks!.jpg (640x900, 181K)

why mess with success?

I really love her design. Shame she's such a low level demon.
That's a shame. I don't really blame they though, since those 3D models can take time to make. This doesn't even factor in the Switch's hardware power. I expect maybe, 250 tops? I saw people getting upset over the notion that we probably won't get anywhere near 400 like the Sprite based games. That's pretty absurd though, since sprites and models are completely different, and the former requires less work.

Maybe he likes to travel.

Attached: Galley_Beggar.jpg (1280x1521, 597K)

I think it's okay but it's among my least liked MegaTen games. Great OST and designs though.

Same, I found it a good entry into MegaTen. I probably wouldn't have bothered with mainline SMT had I not gotten into DDS first.

He combined the two descriptions of amon.
Him having sick demon gainz is barely a reference if at all.
It's a very arbitrary reason to write off a cool design like that.

Attached: 220px-Andras(demon).jpg (220x244, 23K)

>I saw people getting upset over the notion that we probably won't get anywhere near 400 like the Sprite based games.
They should count up how many Nocturne had, even including the expanded releases. SMTV could use just the vanilla P5 designs and it'd surpass it.

Attached: Kaiming_Shou.jpg (1267x1485, 1.35M)

>Odin design is slick
>dagda looks good
Only problem is that they look like personas krishna and that donkey niggah look the best in my mind

To be fair, he didn't even mention the arms specifically in that post. Outside of the arms though, the design is pretty on the mark and I love it. Even with the arms, I still love it. I'm not sure why people harp over it so much. Maybe if they were grey instead of red, it wouldn't be as bad though?

This. I feel like people may accept the design more if it ends up getting a 3D model. Although, I can see why the arms annoy people.

I actually love Kaneko's human designs and wish he'd come back

Attached: 2046ee8c21f29ac46939e4810febc80f.jpg (1200x497, 342K)

the virgin Tam Lin vs the CHAD Cu Chulainn

user, Doi literally said himself n an interview it's a reference to Devilman. You're giving him credit for something he literally said wasn't case.

Yeah
It's not even.the first devilman reference in SMT.
People just love to nitpick

Attached: Demon_Akira.JPG.jpg (987x2291, 235K)

Didn't Dx2 add a bunch of new demon models as well? I know Asherah and Mastema definitely got models.

Nocturne had about, 190 total? That was their first time moving to complete 3D though, which was impressive in and of itself. I'm hoping for 300 personally, but I should probably tone it down. I wouldn't even mind it if they're taking so long to announce news because of the demon models in particular.

You.can clearly see that he combined those two designs.
Since snek amon doesn't have wings like owl head amon.

Doi draws muscles really fucking weird, the texture on them make look arrificial, as if they're rubber. On designs like Satan or Zeus' white half it looks terrible.

>s o y trail

>diaper odin
In the 2d sprites he doesn’t have one

I wish

Attached: Hellboy SMT.png (512x448, 6K)

Okay naked purpleman odin which is marginally better I guess.

I'm thinking it'll be 250-300, but I'd be very surprised if it ends up being any more than that.

Doi designed both demons and characters so even tho I really like some of the designs I have to give it to doi but honestly yasuda does better characters than demons

>Nocturne had about, 190 total?
There are some recolors though.

This was stupid as well.

You people think it's some weird thing against Doi, it's just as bad when Laneko does it.
You believe whatever user. I'll believe the actual words of the artist, as in the person that actually drew it.

I don't give a fuck about how many demons SMTV has, so long as the game has the new demons from SJ/SJR (Minus Zeus), and Jezebel/Baldur from DeSu.

And you can continue being blind user

Yasuda didn't even do any Demons did he? I didn't play DeSu2, but he certainly didn't do any of the Demon designs in the first game

Yasuda has never drawn demons, user. Only human designs, and those are mediocre at best.

>I wouldn't even mind it if they're taking so long to announce news because of the demon models in particular.
Wouldn't surprise me if part of the delay is waiting for P5R since that'll add at least a dozen more on top of what P5 already have, then add even more for SMTV on top of that.

Just stating the facts user

Well someone did the Septentriones in 2 and it wasn't Kaneko

Attached: 1558674904906.png (500x753, 399K)

No he hasn’t and I’m okay with that his demons would look that good That’s what I just said

Attached: 6B87E1EF-E8A6-440E-9424-3D241FF9870B.gif (271x165, 52K)

Attached: 1394299102611.jpg (500x578, 179K)

Those aren’t even demons they’re modern art pieces from a liberal college

Attached: 73CE30B0-AB66-460B-A32B-6FFF2FE97C20.jpg (825x1024, 109K)

When are we going to get more Lawfags like Tayama? Naive suck ups like Jonathan and Zelenin bore me.

Why is it a bad thing?

I doubt that, I think it's just because SMTV was announced so early. I don't think they'd push back SMTV just because of P5R having some designs they could pull from. If that were the only thing keeping them from having given an update on the game in so long then I imagine the game would be a lot closer to release than it likely really is.

Ofcourse if you actually read the damn thing he based the design of the arms on devilmam, but the arms themselves are not there to reference devilman.

God he was so FUCKING COOL and is only in the story for 5 mins I hope we get a lawchad like him again because the lawfags we do get are no fun

SMTV will feature Donald Dr*mf.
Mark my words.

Wrong user bro I’m discussing odin

Attached: E14AE42C-8418-47D3-82E9-6347BDC0447E.jpg (715x720, 83K)

That's what I always figured too

Attached: dazzle.jpg (674x449, 42K)

She needs a better haircut.

Megaten shouldn't use pop culture as its basis for designs. It something that has existed since the beginning and has been as annoying for the series' entire history.

Play SMTII, Zayin is easily the best law rep in the series.

Oh sorry

Attached: 1539804253097.png (620x772, 469K)

Trust this man. He is your friend.

Attached: Mastema.jpg (228x352, 18K)

Nice hentai bro

A reminder that captain jack did absoluteky nothing wrong.

Attached: 3029972-493969e8-43cb-4a66-960b-c84484c9111f.jpg (240x300, 12K)

Sorry bro, mythology just happens to be very old pop culture.

Attached: 1445741878931.jpg (850x1195, 150K)

It was the Narutaru/Bokurano guy.

He lost to moonguy

Attached: 1445022652928.jpg (700x500, 271K)

i can smell the soul from here

Best Hanuman design.

Bobofags out
This is a demon thread

Attached: 1436397280120.png (1086x816, 689K)

It's weird to think that future societies might see, say, Shazam the same way we see Hercules, even though it's in the name.

jesus christ how does that even happen?

This, but unironically.

Will we get any info on SMT V? At this point I'd even settle for a cancellation.

this, but ironically.

This but chaos

Attached: 4641880A-3122-495F-BAD9-A81A14C6575A.gif (216x178, 39K)

He's actually genuinely trying to help in IV.

This question has been asked hundreds of times, and the answer will always be to wait. Atlus does this with all of their entries nowadays, honestly. I find it funnier how nobody is saying anything about Re:Fantasy, but yet everyone is going:
>"AAAAAARGH SMTV IS DEAD, ITS VAPORWAVE, NEVER EVER
Like Jesus, does patience not exist anymore?

Attached: image.jpg (1535x1500, 813K)

That's why I said unironically. SMTIV Mastema is chad as fuck.

Sad isn’t it that the shackles of god stop him for he should’ve not been a toy but a fellow hoy

Attached: F91FD69B-594C-47BB-97A6-C92C1A4EF12D.jpg (285x384, 43K)

In 5 hours

Oh fuck off Walter.

I hope SMTV has Bayonetta like Nocturne had Dante.

Attached: 1533829001231.jpg (454x595, 145K)

I'VE COME FROM HELL TO DELIVER A MESSAGE FROM LUCIFER AND HE SAYS FOR YOU TO RAPE MORE PEOPLE

Attached: murmur.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Shazam is just Hermes Trismegistus for muscle wizards.

I’m glad their taking their time with it since I can get into the series(I started with p5 around this summer and now getting into mainline and the spin offs) it’s just I hope after SMTV we get DeSu 3

Attached: B75169D7-85AA-4368-8F95-AB41EE09FDC8.jpg (329x325, 54K)

Think we'll ever get a OPM game?

Attached: Capture.png (1601x1139, 3.04M)

>the gacha has Dante AND Bayonetta plus Nero, Vergil, whatshername and some Bayonetta angel design

Delete this derail nigger

Attached: A6CCEE3A-7D1D-4A17-8BD9-B786903CA5C3.jpg (924x1023, 57K)

Imagine if a fragment of Walter's consciousness realized he gave his life to become one of God's toys in IVA.

But it doesn’t have a good story

Attached: 734A31EE-2CFA-4FF9-8FBD-C337FB5FD11B.png (512x512, 181K)

Mobile game already got her. And the DMC 5 crew too for that matter

I forgot about that fucking game. How is it, anyway?

>Not picking Neutral Ending and helping Isabeau complete her manga collection.

Attached: 1498594676838.jpg (797x601, 205K)

So it's just like all my SMT games!

I don’t want to

Attached: C4DF8CC6-8DD6-49DC-9A3E-AB6DFFF5CE6A.gif (400x279, 1.75M)

Him and Jonathan do come back temporarily in the bonds route. They say they were cool with it.

>And smt4 does?
>Long explaination about why smt story is good
>Common complaint over SMT4
>Yeah but you're too much of a brainlet to get it blah blah blah
>LOL, you're a faggot blah blah blah
>Chaosfag, lawfag

I get to kill my friends and I get to collect demons I like, that's enough for me. Plus the gameplay holds over surprisingly well (simplified press turn where you can't use a glowing icon to get more glowing icons).

They recently neutered a lot of the free to play options though (daily missions used to give you a superior summon ticket, ie the equivalent to one pull with a chance of a 5* demon, ie the equivalent of 1/10th of a single pull)

Kek

Attached: D3DC17C2-41F3-485E-9130-74AFED265089.jpg (288x441, 41K)

That's because Re:Fantasy is a new IP so it doesn't have an established following to constantly bitch about it like SMT does.

Shit, a large portion of tbe player base has given up on it honestly. I think it had a small budget so Atlus was pleased it made any kind of income for them.

>not picking Isabeau as your goddess in 4A so she can help birth a universe full of manga

OOPS MY POST MAKES NO SENSE
They replaced the superior summon with 10 gems, and you need 100 gems for a superior summon. So you now get stuff 90% slower because fuck you pay us

You know I get the feeling that the conflict between Walter and Johnathan wouldn't have gotten nearly so bad if Flynn wasn't a fucking mute and Isabeau actually put her foot down and told them to grow the fuck up.

but Daisoujou IS a fiend

Never said it did but it at least has a story honestly it’s one of my least favorite stories in the series I like almost the whole cast of apocalypse more than 4’s only exceptions being toki(the master shit got on my nerves and Walter(which he’s a hoy boy which makes him kino)

>>Common complaint over SMT4
The thing that made me stop playing was THE FUCKING MAP! They clearly made this game with people who know Tokyo in mind. They tell me to go to Shibuya with no waypoint as if I'm supposed to know where that fucking is! I GOT LOST FOR HOURS!

Attached: 1556320768698.jpg (640x594, 14K)

Moonguy was in the wrong for attacking him in the first place.
>is a businessman that went into the schwarzvelt to collect cool new resources
>a bunch of faggots roll up to his ship demanding that he tells them what he is doing there like they own the damn place.
>he agrees to help them with their mission in exhange for a better resource scanner.
>make an agreement that they each go their own way and mind their own shit after honestly holding up his end of the bargain
>creates a cool safe haven within the schwarzvelt
>same faggots roll up again demanding an explanation for his cool new hideout as if he owes them an explanation for everything he is doing
>Suddenly one of those faggots went full PETA for no reason at all and releases all the demons he has captured.
>the same demons that killed tons of humans and crewman from both sides
>Cool hideout almost became a fucking warzone
>captures and punishes the PETAfag and call the redspritefaggots that they need to fuck off.
>get killed by the same fags you actually helped out
How was he the bad guy in this situation again?
To me it seemed like the red sprite crews were just a bunch of selfrightous cunts that didn't like he wasn't there to save humanity.
He was just there minding his own business.
He probably wouldn't even make any contact with the red sprite crew if they didn't constantly bother him.

I like Alice's design.
It's super simple, and looks great.

Attached: alice.jpg (616x900, 42K)

>Guys stop derailing the thread
>Lmao look at this chaos/lawfag
>Hey guys I'm a xfag and I'm a retard
>Get the shitposters out!!
>No it's obviously a falseflag
>No it's too stupid to be a falseflag. It's a shitposter
>Chaos actually sucks because blah blah incel losers
>Law actually sucks because blah blah lmao cuck soi boy

I dropped it a few months ago, the events just got too repetitive and nothing interesting happens in the story. Also, the only new demons they releases are broken gacha-exclusivr demons, somehow, I managed to pull/fuse a bunch of 5* demons but most of them suck in comparison to shit like Masakado and Huang Di.

I did like the how the majority of 5* demons and some 4* had unique skills to make them stand out

Isabeu should’ve just slapped their nuts a couple of times and told them to stop being 5 year olds

Just learn the map

Attached: 8B00BE2E-0C46-4A7B-AF3B-9927C20F6C74.png (544x311, 84K)

>New update to my card game
>Post your demon waifu!!!
>Apocolypse sucked because blah blah blah
>Guys I started playing DDS/Nocturne, any tips? I'm a smt newfag
>Why is Persona so shit?!
>xD tranny lucifer

He's more of a friend.

Attached: 1495937765779.png (500x500, 217K)

But that would mean Bobo actually would have to make a decision for herself instead of justifying the neutral meme

Attached: 1 (3).jpg (852x480, 64K)

>bro just get lost for hours and hours until you're not lost anymore
imagine not using a guide

Neutral doesn't have to mean indecisive wet blanket.

Attached: Gore.jpg (320x320, 8K)

It doesn't matter who was in the wrong, the point is he failed, so he had to have done something wrong, unless it was his intention to fail, which it wasn't.

It was also my first SMT and I didn't like that the battle system just boils down to "buff to win".

Attached: 1479011477453.jpg (610x481, 113K)

Yeah, the unique skills are really cool (when they're not Yinglong Killer or Hassou Tobi or other meme shit that exists to get people to pull for power)
>Mother Harlot gets a Megido equivalent drains 1 SP from each target hit (demons have 10SP max normally and recover about 3 per turn)
>Hellbiker gets a buff that guarantees a crit on every party member's next physical attack
>Some demons get really insane shit like Reiko Kashima's "You're Next" where if Reiko kills an enemy and that enemy is revived, they come back as a Lv1 Reiko Kashima

Doi >>>>>>>>>> ugh Kan? Kanegou? Kaneko?

Attached: twitter_icon_tatsu02.jpg (240x240, 50K)

I know which is why I said she was justifying the neutral meme and not representing neutral itself.

Yeah, it could mean get killed early on and then get possessed by an indecisive wet blanket until the last 5% of the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY

Attached: 1499316018654.jpg (1250x672, 347K)

Neutral should always be about returning the world to before its shit got kicked in instead of this retarded “lol I can’t pick so neutral it is” law and chaos are about changing the world

That’s the whole series cept for spin offs

Attached: D00E35A1-5073-4B5B-AAA8-EEAD4162E909.png (500x355, 128K)

Reason of Musubi is the best reason.
Chaos is literally just Neutral+

I wouldn't describe IV:A, SMT 1 or SMT 2 like that.

Getting lost adds to the experience

>The mobile game already got her
You say this as if SMTV can't have a Bayonetta cameo as well. Both Bayo and Atlus are owned by Sega, after all.

Attached: 1484108551505.png (699x992, 892K)

At least if you go to Tokyo you'll kinda know where everything is

IVA is still a buff game and old SMT is quite a different beast to modern smt

There's actually a decent spread of endings for each alignment across the mainline games that flesh them out a bit more.
>SMT2 Law shows YHVH isn't immune to his own shit and SJR shows you don't have to lobotomize people if you just neuter their murderboners
>SMT1 neutral is rebuilding society while demons are still around while SJ neutral is FUCK YEAH HUMANITY
>Chaos is alright in SJR's new ending I guess and there's True Demon if you just want to punch shit forever

I wish they started having two endings for each alignment, with a main alignment divide at the 60% point and a inner-party divide at the 90% point. Like the neuters don't know if they want to send all the demons back (and resume the status quo, undoing everything they've learnt but ensuring some level of safety) or keep demons (letting them adapt to a new world and grow at the risk of another conflict).

One reason is world of ST: it should be law but is chaos
the other is shijima: should be chaos but is Law
aond the other is the neet way: is by far teh laziest and shitty.

the answer is simple, become Lucifer's onahole and disregard all those shitty reasons.

The things I'd give to have IV's concept art realised on some decent graphical level.

SMT1 and 2 are more like "statuslock to win with Nerve bullets and Mazio/Mabufu".

Hey guys just bought SMT IV, I'm having a bit of difficulties finding out where to go after going down from the sky tower. Any advice on what demons to get?

Also I was wondering if you can RAPE TOKYO TOWER

Attached: SMTIV_SkyTower.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Buffs are important in IV:A, but it's really reductive to suggest that they're all that's going on with the combat. No buffs are as strong as Sukukaja/Sukunda in Nocturne and the game's a lot harder than IV on the whole, so while buffs are still important, there's a lot more to consider in any given fight than just them.

>Rapefag
>Ryan
Are they the same people?

literally most of these posts are not demons.

Bruh what's wrong with being a neet? You don't like it, create a scenario where you wipe your memories and create an endpoint where you regain it. Seal your powers in that world so you aren't overpowered. It's like being put in any of your movies or video games. I honestly can't see anything wrong with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc

youtube.com/watch?v=7prWEHN8_HA

Which is better?

Attached: 1499316633677.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

It's actually pretty ludo.
>navigating the map is hard, because you are a samurai from buttfuck nowhere having no idea where to go or what the fuck a kasumigaseki is in IV.
>navigating in IVA is easy as fuck, because you play as a punk as kid that was born and raised in tokyo.

I recommend using a guide till you get used to the map

Smt4 has such a good ost

youtu.be/jK7-U-BNXpk

I thought you didn't get any routes in Dx2?what do you mean kill your friends?

Can we stop with the ryan shit
Now rape fag I can get down with that

The only game were alignments were good.

>start crusading to kill God, you may or may not kill your friends, by acting sensibly and exposing God's lack of care for human life
>show God that humanity is good by becoming a messiah and leading humanity through the right path
>fuck demons and fuck god, use the power of demons to let humanity reach new heights

Attached: sample-4080d4c40ccff0c74f16b87dbd17b7e8.jpg (1400x884, 421K)

My only issue with IV is that it wasn't apocalyptic enough. Most of the environments looked relatively stable outside of some poisonous pools or damage here and there.

IV's map really isn't so hard to navigate that you need a map.

IV's. Both are good though.

IV's by a long shot.

And that's not a knock to IV:A, IV's is just that good.

Attached: 1557179308852.png (900x900, 229K)

Ah that's cool user. Any guides you recommend? I'm going to go chaos for my first run. I really like Walter so far. I also hear you get a cute waifu in the end.

Can you recruit and RAPE her?

Attached: 1538588013885.png (665x709, 164K)

Ah, you never played SMTII, I see.

Nah, it is just shit design that got patched later on

This game is actually where I based my post on its so kino top tier megaten

Attached: D02D23EB-B33D-42A8-9241-E8E8F570BDF1.jpg (500x615, 95K)

>DeSufags thinking their game was the only one where the alignments were good
>Again
They were good, but come on now. SJR, and SMT II exist.

>I really like Walter so far. I also hear you get a cute waifu in the end.
>Can you recruit and RAPE her?

Attached: 1557115282622.png (481x662, 133K)

If we get a Devil Survivor 3, I hope it has a proper artist to fit the tone. I don't dislike Yasuda, but his designs were jarring. Put Doi or Soejima on the job, boys.

I use IGN or gamefaqs for quest for the most part they’re pretty decent but gamefaqs has the better guides but ign is for bosses if they give you trouble because they list the skills and weaknesses they have
Sadly no rape

SMT 2 hasn’t been played by the majority of fans and SJ is longer than DeSu
Eh I would keep yasuda his style fits the games well

FUCK

Attached: LuciferHikaruPortrait.png (284x394, 91K)

Miwa Shirow would be a perfect fit for DeSu, or DS for that matter, assuming they'd want to revive that series.

I don't like the alignments in DeSu much, I appreciate that they feel evenly balanced rather than there being a bias, but they all feel too cheery with very little sacrifice in reaching your end. I don't like stuff like Atsuro following you no matter what and Amane following you on the Chaos route. I don't really hold it against the game because it's not SMT and so it doesn't have to make its endings be like SMT, but I do find it less interesting than endings where it feels like there was some sacrifice, or things are still far from ideal. SJR's endings are a lot better in my mind, they don't fully suit the game, but at least the new endings don't have Jimenez turn into a Lawfag or some shit, and the new Neutral ending and the new Law ending achieve the goals a Law or Neutral aligned person would have, but it's at a cost, it comes with the fear of the world you've achieved coming to an end at some point, and former allies don't bend to your whim and have their own ideals they won't budge on, which I find a lot more interesting than what you see in DeSu.

Attached: 1484117022614.jpg (800x548, 149K)

Play EraMegaten or Giten Megami Tensei if rape's what you want.

I fused that guy in the pic in DeSu without realizing that he was weak to phys. When I saw that he was I stopped playing. I used some of my best demons to fuse him and he's just gonna be handing out free turns to the enemy.

YOU CANT FUCK LUCIFER

EraMegaten?

Attached: 1495435772634.jpg (1015x1831, 627K)

>Atsuro will follow you no matter what route you take
God bless him.

Attached: DD49F084-5E90-47D9-A86A-D65126C5FABC.jpg (480x620, 89K)

not with that attitude you can't.

I kind of feel like DeSu, or at least the plot anyways, feels like "SMT for people who don't like SMT," for exactly the same reasons you noted. I don't really much like it either.

It's a text-based porn fangame where you can be a Devil Summoner, a Persona-user or an Avatar Tuner and you can get a party of different characters and Demons from all of MegaTen and have sex with them. Apparently it's actually good and has more going for it than just being a porn game, but I've never played it, I just know of it.

I do agree about the cheery part but they had to all be viable but honestly a lot more characters should have left for certain endings here’s some proposed improvements
>law you have to kill naoya
>chaos keisuke and Midori are now boss’s
>yuzu leaves on law and is never seen again
Any more y’all would add

>Miwa Shirou
My nigga, absolutely based. He absolutely loves this series. He's drawn artwork for Nocturne and DDS as well from what I remember. I think his style would be nice for Devil Survivor, though.

Attached: image.jpg (1675x1227, 997K)

Attached: lucif.jpg (662x960, 102K)

I said SJR, but the game being long shouldn't matter much to be honest. SMT II, eh kind of outdated though.

My favorite thing about SMT is that its the only game where people can post (official) art and discuss the design of it civilly and with some decorum.

Amane isn’t really aligned to Law, though. She’s more aligned to humanity instead. She’ll consistently help you out on any path if you’re doing so to help humanity in any way.

Attached: A156D866-BACE-485C-8431-A3A0AEE8CC69.jpg (225x350, 27K)

Honestly I was grasping at straws to why more people haven’t finished

That won't be happening after SMTV releases, and fills our threads with absolute mouthbreathing vermin.

No matter which way you slice it, Neutral endings are more or less cosmic snooze buttons. Kicking the proverbial can down the road. The only reasonable ending is the White Ending.

We at least have 2 mores years user

While this is true, for all intents and purposes she's Law aligned. Naoya follows you in another route besides his designated route, but that doesn't make him any less Chaotic.

If you use a fusion calculator, you can turn him into the most broken demon in the entire game in strange journey

oh damn, I've just been blowing her off because I thought she was just a lawfag cultist. I'll try to be nicer now.

>Says Neutral endings are can kicking temporary solutions
>While openly admitting to liking the White and their genocidal ploy because the previous humans couldn't cope or fight back against YHVH
Pathetic.

SANTA CLAUS DEMON WHEN

Attached: santa-03.jpg (2823x2600, 557K)

Yeah, but she's still the Law representative. I don't dislike it because I think it's out of character or something, I just dislike it because I don't find it interesting when the only way that leads to you having to kill her is you murdering people when you could just not murder people at no cost. It's not a problem with Amane as a character, it's just something I don't find it as interesting as having her have some ideals which aren't so easy to appease, and to create a situation where, even if you might not want to kill her, you must if you want to create the world you want to create, in this case being a world of Chaos.

Chaos is LITERALLY Neutral+.

On another note,
Also I found DeSu1 characters a lot more solid due to them actually knowing each other before the lockdown. Compared to DeSu2 and Apocolypse. I think it's too hard to create a bond between characters if they meet for only 7 days.

I wonder what V's equivalent to hoyposters will be.

The whites are cowards just like walter said

That would be cool.

Attached: EOX-Scan-02.jpg (2048x1275, 682K)

There's alternate choices in Chapter 7 where you side with 'the bad guys' and end up fighting the other 'party members'.

Santa's workshop fill with Jacks making toys would be a cool dungeon.

Sounds like something from devil summoner

What the heck is the story of dx2 anyway?

Wait, was Re:Fantasy girl really DLC in EO Nexus? I haven't played it yet.

friend your boys, killo

Attached: 45b6ltk2tmpz.png (512x512, 118K)

Better than anything that comes from Persona 5's shit designs.

Yes, but it's just a portrait, not a character.

Hold on lemme fuck my childhood friend real fast

Yeah, she's an alternate portrait that you can give to your party members.
>We'll probably never get a Chaos rep as memed as Hoyboy ever again
It's gonna suck, but whatever. I feel like V will bring back a Reasons esque system, though.

Isn't Santa Clause technically Odin in the pagan lore?

Attached: Odin_SMT_Badass.png (1280x1280, 657K)

If that was the case, then Santa should resemble a Jack Frost but in Santa clothing, including the amazing beard. This is prime time to shoehorn in another Jack variant, Atlus.
Not like that's a bad thing.

Attached: file.png (768x1024, 1.33M)

The fuck? SJR alignments is horrible.
Most of the people don't even choose Law patch because the representant IS RETARDED.
Only reason people play law path is for completation porpuse, that's it.
And Chaos was shit aswell even with the remake making it less trash it is still trash nonsense.

Asahi is my favourite character in all of SMT

Is she given a name or anything? Or is she just "Re:Fantasy Heroine" or something like that?

Same.

Attached: shesha flynn.jpg (400x240, 58K)

>SJR alignments are shit
Lol

Fuck I was told there was no other routes so I dropped the game even though you can get Law/Chaos titles. God the chapters felt grindy and long anyways do I really want to go through it just to kill my friends?

Attached: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.jpg (314x315, 17K)

A guy in a top hat contracts teenagers to fight evil demon summoners on their smart phones.

No name yet, lad. For all we know, she might just be a silent protagonist.

The new Law ending is good. I'm not crazy about how Zelenin herself is handled in it, but it's still a Law ending which has a focus on peace and order rather than control and mindlessly worshiping YHVH, and it's well presented too. It portrays a world that's built on the good qualities of Law just fine, and it doesn't neglect the flaws that come with a world that's completely peaceful either, so it doesn't come off as overly idealistic. It's a good ending.

Thanks. Any more details? What happens if you betray your friends?

YOU GET RAPED

They get upset, fight you, lose and eventually Tophat man himself steps in to kick your ass. I haven't gotten past that

Kid....

Attached: youdisappointmeanon.jpg (2200x1080, 743K)

Can rapefag fuck off, he's ruining my thread. I'm about to delete this shit.

Playing through devil survivor for the first time
Str or Mag?

What's so wrong about rape?

MAG for sure.

Attached: 98A99F03-EE2D-49A9-9D86-B6DD0F4CB029.jpg (464x499, 49K)

mag

fucking big dick energy

Attached: 1f1.jpg (217x244, 19K)

don't listen to these fucking faggots, play str

magic is for fucking pussies and str gets multi strike, drain, and pierce, and their shitty little magic dances can't stand up to THE CHAD INFINITE HEALING

Nothing. It does an asspull and makes it so that it was all just a dream sequence.

>not even a gif

Based.

The 3ds version right? Either works since multistrike exists for phys

KID YOU SOUND LIKE YOU NEED TO HAVE SEX. GET OVER HERE ILL SHOW YOU HOW TO REALLY RAPE A GIRL.

or delete the thread you pussy you won't do it.

Attached: _20190523-185246.jpg (2200x1080, 604K)

>what is Drain?

Mag
There aren't many options for STR builds in DeSu so you can only have 1 good STR guy on your team Atsubro got you covered on that.
Also the dance skills are insanely busted.

Attached: The average DeSu playthrough.webm (720x404, 2.94M)

You're an idiot dude. MAG is supreme in Devil Survivor in particular because you don't have enough STR skills to pass around characters. Atsuro and Kaido use most of them by themselves.

Attached: Pandora.png (347x396, 197K)

>build phys on the mc
>literally no longer require a team of any kind
problem solved

Also the good magic users like Yoohoo and Amane can only move 3 spaces so if you want a decent MAG character with 4 movement spaces you need to build the MC to be MAG.

Attached: 1556610095237.jpg (425x352, 19K)

nu-odin is such a vast improvement over old odin

Persona 5 is the darkest game. It's the only one with implied rape in it.

Oof

Santa is quite literally an Christ adaptation of a pagan holiday
So yeah he’s quite literally more badass Santa Claus

I need fuck this dog

463390662 Not even giving you a (you)
No it isn't. Guy confessed to all his crimes and he never said rape. Also there are SMT games with rape and guro in them you dumb faggot.

>Laughs in Persona 2, Nocturne, Strange journey, SMT 4, SMT IVA
Rape isn’t even that dark faggot

>not using Dragon/Vile combo on magic users since they are just gonna spam Holy Dance anyway
Avatars make movement a breeze since swapping positions is amazingly strong when combined with a Genbu for turn order abuse.

Attached: 1474362175845.jpg (764x1080, 111K)

>Taking bait this seriously
Ryan..

Why does it take so little to bait you all? Just don't reply to him.

>Neutering their movement even more by using a vile.

who is ryan?
and whats all this talk about raping tokyo tower for?

FUCK OFF RYAN STOP TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO FIGHT EACH OTHER.gif

>Implying oof was taking bait seriously
Retard

I do hope SMT V brings back pre apocalypse gameplay. Maybe have it start out like a lighthearted Persona game or Tokyo Mirage sessions before shit hits the fan and the nukes start flying.

Ah I see some autists started watching this after our DMC dump.

Attached: bitch tower.png (728x742, 209K)

Also genma switching was DeSu2 only where everyone had 4 movement

>tfw it took until I was close to the path split in DeSu to find out I could swap skills
I spent all this time thinking that once I learned a skill, that's it, you can't get it back if you removed it. I have no idea how I overlooked something so obvious. Luckily, I didn't struggle because I already had good skills for the main trio but the cosplay girl was pretty much useless until I realized my stupidity.

Attached: 1429083821507.png (434x351, 100K)

You mean have the setting start out light before everything steadily falls to shit?

Yep.

>fusing 3 greek mythological figures makes a norse one
That always kinda bothered me

Were SMT MCs better when they couldnt use skills? They still did ridiculous amounts of damage and it made finding equipment super satisfying

By the looks of the trailer, it seems like V will have another massive catastrophe that leads right into the apocalypse, instead of things steadily progressing like SMT I & DeSu. Sort of like, the Conception in Nocturne.

Autist. You fuse shit with other random trash from trash mythologies and they make something different every time though.

Attached: 90A98B72-4A98-4EF3-9A0D-6F9691C76D8D.jpg (600x450, 72K)

This is incorrect. The beast you’re describing from the book of Revelation is the one which will rise from the sea and is empowered by Satan. This beast is commonly understood to be the Antichrist, and soon after a second beast will emerge from the earth as the false prophet. Jews and Christians do not have different interpretations of Satan because the narrative is consistent throughout both testaments of the Bible. The only appearance difference is that Satan is described as a serpent in the Old Testament and then a dragon in the New Testament. This language was most likely used to accentuate his power as he begins his war on heaven.
In terms of SMT, his depiction should be that of a dragon and not conflated with the beast, but then again, this is Japan we’re talking about. We’re lucky if they even manage to keep Satan and Lucifer as one character.

Not so with the set fusions though, which norn is

if I'm correct, these are the upscaled versions of their animations in Strange Journey, right?

>Get to mot in NG+
>Already finished the 5th kalpa before even stepping foot in the diet building.
>Delete Mot before he event gets a turn with a 3000+ damage spiral viper after spamming maziodyne with pixie and roundtrip with dante a few times while I buff up.
nice

The problem is they keep going back to the "purple skinned Aesir" thing. Loki was similarly a purple elf in a white robe in some art but they like sticking with the soul hackers design of Loki (the green skinned one with big wings).

Odin also had a soul hackers design that actually looked badass but they never used it again.

Attached: Soul Hackers Odin.jpg (1200x1716, 1.33M)

That blogging nigger on tumblr named Eikrjr was seething about the Doi design for ages.

It’s still “mostly” dragon/serpent, so I don’t see where the issue is, unless it’s just the nipples. To me it always looked like Ridley Scott’s Alien.

I think they were, but I don't expect Atlus to go back to that way, either. Preferably, there would be some middle ground, like attributes attached to equipment or something, but people have come to expect what they have going on now.

Guys, what if Kaneko hasn't drawn for a mainline game in awhile because he's taking his own sweet time updating/redrawing designs from games before Nocturne to his current style?

Attached: 1423023794579.jpg (400x384, 30K)

SJ had the best system. Maybe they should bring the sword fusion system from Devil Summonner to mainline with skills attached.

Kaneko is nothing more than an advisor now. Doi is is successor. The sooner you accept this, the better you'll feel.

Set fusions still have some kind of rhyme or reason to them even when they're across mythologies. Barong and Rangda have nothing to do with Hinduism, but they DO represent the battle of evil vs good, which leads to Shiva somehow. And that's been in more games than the Fates into Norn.

What is the "Eclipse" of SMT?

You mean the Asura fight? If you go solo then there won't be any friendly demons to fuck your shit up, it sounds crazy but just go fucking do it. Bring a couple healing items and some fire-resistant armor and you've basically won already.

Quite literally, the Conception.
>World altering event that turns the MC into a demon

Kanekofags are delusional. It's impossible to reason with them.

Attached: super delusion.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

what's wrong, marine-kun? could it be youre... craivng my asura roga????

Attached: Ashera.jpg (1000x805, 147K)

>Asherah's design doesn't even remotely have anything to do with her lore
>"Dude it's okay it's just creative Liberty"
Fuck you faggots. Get off Kaneko's dick.

Fuck Ryan

Her design has something to do with my DICK, and that's good enough reason to me.

Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Attached: image.png (460x640, 203K)

>is a mother goddess
>looks like a mommy

what's the problem

This, Kaneko would never make pop-culture references!

Attached: 1532161452198.png (1000x805, 1.39M)

All this Kaneko falseflagging is depressing.

Later this year. Possibly at E3, guaranteed at TGS.
Don't count on it. But considering how much Kozuka loves Soul Hackers, I hope he manages to convince them to make another Devil Summoner at some point.

Learn to S M I R K until you win

New SMT, poser? The originals had a monster based on dancers from a famous Tokyo trendy club from the 90’s, they have always had references to pop culture

>Smt4
>Buff
What? Buffs are fucking useless in SMT4. Just spam the enemy's weakness and you win.
Anyway there's no way to make SMT4 good. It's just too boring.

5/200 designs being pop culture references is definitely better than 5/20

Yasuda doesn't even work at Atlus, he's a guest artist. Atlus used his name to shill Devil Survivor.

Attached: 1541651595058.jpg (800x382, 73K)

>Chaos is LITERALLY Neutral+.
And Law is LITERALLY Chaos+.
Think about it. YHVH became the top dog after defeating everyone else. It's completely fair that he governs over everyone else, since he's the strongest guy around.

It probably has connections with Devil Survivor, since it mentions Dragon Stream being a thing.
Alignments in this game are weird. Leader of Liberators (good guys) is Mephistopheles, while leader of Acolytes (bad guys) is Astaroth. And while Acolytes are clearly Chaos, it's unclear what Liberators are, Neutral or Law.

>5/200
Are you actually this delusional?

Doomguy does in Deep/Redux. The not-Yukiko is Doomguy and Louisa's daughter.

Attached: 1552290635672.png (500x359, 316K)

He works with Atlus when it comes to the Devil Survivor series. You need to learn the difference between a guest artists and the main artist one ONE series.

>5/200
Nigger, are you for real? A lot of Kaneko's designs have pop culture references. It might not be specific to Japanese culture, but he uses a lot of it.

Ok is this seriously based off of Todd from the TES series?

>helps you to get out of prison
>helps you to get rid of Porkos
>helps you with some other stuff
I don't get this meme. He genuinely does nothing but help the protag regardless of your alignment.

He's an angel investor, he was hoping that by helping you he would get you to Law.

>He genuinely does nothing but help the protag regardless of your alignment.
So you missed the part where he spergs out and reveals it was all part of his plan to get browny points from god? He would have screwed you over eventually in any route that wasn't law. In IV he's likely doing the same thing but you're no threat to him or his plan, so he's all cool with you. There's also the fact that you help him seal the angels with time travel BS, so you're basically his bro for the time being.

Do you know the lore behind Mastema's character, though? He's scornful of humanity, and downright evil. He views them as nothing more than inferior beings. His IV depiction was based as shit, though. I'm a little mad Mel Faize didn't return as his signature in the duology. I really hope he's in SMTV, though.

I know the lore and all, but even if he had ulterior motives in SJ, he still effectively only helps you. And in the end, if you go another alignment route, he just bails on you, but he doesn't screw you over or anything.

The point of the "don't trust Mastema" memes stem from the fact that he's loyal and trustworthy to no one. He's would kill off other angels and weaken YHVH's army as a whole if it meant he could slip in some kind of plus to make himself look good to YHVH. He wants to become a "higher being" and is willing to do almost anything to reach that goal.

This looks like something I'd put on my Myspace profile

>Punks the Archangels and gets them Griffith'd in Kagome Tower in IV
That shit was based as fuck, honestly. It's a shame it didn't happen during the main story somehow.

>Gets them all fucked up except Gabriel
>The main one who can heal them
Literally what the fuck?

I like Sraosha

Attached: sraosha.jpg (403x606, 40K)

The only demon I need.

Attached: 1557252010876.jpg (500x707, 142K)