It's been like three weeks since this movie, does anyone talk about it anymore?

It's been like three weeks since this movie, does anyone talk about it anymore?

Attached: detective_pikachu_trailer_25_1920.0.jpg (1200x800, 50K)

I'm actually going to see it Sunday; and I think no news is good news in this regard, I havent heard much beyond a couple of "this movie was great!" on Facebook, but I haven't heard any shit talk or controversies either.

Attached: 1554649253827.gif (273x232, 3.62M)

I thought it was alright. The Pokemon looked good but pretty much all of the actors aside from Ryan Reynolds were terrible
and since when does Mewtwo have the power to fuse people into pokemon, is that something just made up for the movie?

That's how nintendo products are, people talk about them for a week then are forgotten, unlike evergreen sony products.

Maybe. They never really explained what happened in the game, so their explanation is as good as any.

literally all media passes its primary discussion phase within a week or two, people saw it, enjoyed it, talked about it, and have moved on

did you not see it until just now or something?

it was okay. shallow but polished.

well I know he never does that in the mainline games. Does he do that in mystery dungeon or the anime or anything?

like?

Why did they change the main white character of the game for a black one?

Bill fused himself with a pokemon in the games so its not anything new or too crazy I guess

The closest you could say he comes is when he splices the DNA of trainers' Pokemon in The First Movie to create super-powerful clones but that's a bit different.

Like how Spiderman will outgross pikachu.

Not that I know of. All I know is that in the detective Pikachu game, t's implied that Pikachu is actually Harry, but they never explained how or why, just that Mewtwo has something to do with it.

The guy that played the mc was a decent actor.

None of the notorious waifumons show up, so most of the internet had no reason to talk about it after launch.

They felt it would improve suspension of disbelief since the character is an urban youth with no father.

so the twist is actually that his dad is white?

Actually that's kind of surprising, did they not do any research about what pokemon were popular.

Not much of a twist, he was obviously a mutt and we saw early on that his mother was pitch dark.

it's a kid's movie user, when I went to watch it with my sister we were the only adults in my theater that didn't have kids with them
they probably avoided them on purpose because they didn't want degenerate dogfuckers scaring the kids away

For what I went in assuming was a diversity hire he did a fantastic job. The main girl's actor was fucking abysmal but thankfully she only plays a minor role.

In games?

>Could have been about Kid who wanted to be a pokemon trainer but grows out of it and tries to be an adult, yet needs to have a pokemon partner to solve a mystery
>Movie is almost that, but then the solving the case part of the movie just becomes "lets look at these holograms that tell us everything" without any actual detective work

The beginning part where the protagonist (I'm not kidding, I don't remember his name) has to use his knowledge of the specific Pokemon to interrogate Mr. Mime is great- why couldn't the whole movie be like that?

Attached: 1430763622274.gif (328x349, 1002K)

I think that research is very much the reason WHY none of those pokemon were included. But, you know how it goes with modelers/animators. Somewhere, buried on some flash drive or workstation, one of the staff has r34 concept renders of a Gardevoir.

Watched it a few days ago.
Movie is correct for a videogame adaptation, I was happy to see my favorite pokemon at the beginning of the movie (they even talk about his pokedex description), also psyduck is based as fuck like always. Story is not really interesting and the jokes are not really funny either, but overall, it's alright.

Movie was fairly shit to be honest. The best parts were all Pikachu and they showed them all in the trailers. The only enjoyable part was if you like Pokemon and look out for how many you can see in the background doing shit.

I thought he was dull as hell. Noone other than Ryan Reynolds stood out.

I don't understand why Gengar looks like shit unlike all the other pokemon.

>I'm not kidding, I don't remember his name
Holy shit, now that you mention it I don't either. Did he even have a name?

Pikachu's Bitch

He does.
Tim Goodman. I had to look it up tho.

Sure, it was Tim.

Tim.....something.

Tim Ottman

Tim.

>watching television shows
>going to a theater to see a new movie
>watching 99 percent of movies
>being hyped over sequels, formulaic trash and template paint by number comic garbage
>RYAN REYNOLDS IS BASED LAWL HOPE YOU BROUGHT YOUR BROWN PANTS XD

Western cinema is worse than western society, which is an amazing achievement in barrel scraping. Fandoms are cancer btw.

It was just a shallow kids film. Not really much to say about it.