Mahjong games thread

Mahjong games thread.

Attached: 1493930111903.jpg (500x449, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fx94aR9A
rizon.net/chat
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=24798
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=50406
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=70631
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=70878
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=21414
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=36971
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=61512
minomino.org/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=14995
tenhou.net/
pooi.moe/Locale-Emulator/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59361
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=11493
mahjong.guide/a-beginners-guide-to-riichi-mahjong/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190525-10d3d098-e279-4782-8b9e-ccf7504e50fb_a925036275
youtu.be/OxxoB1YVEAc?t=190
ebay.com/itm/Blizzard-BlizzCon-2013-Limited-Edition-World-of-Warcraft-Themed-Mahjong-Set-/222328235502
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=11533
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=95992
youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g
amazon.com/American-Automatic-Foldable-Warranty-Included/dp/B07P925VCJ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=mahjong table magnetic&qid=1558764786&s=gateway&sr=8-3
arcturus.su/wiki/Yaku
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=2307
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190522-0d35d278-a520-447e-afbc-20fe078e2de4_a925053005
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/transcoded/6/6a/Mahjong1.theora.ogv/Mahjong1.theora.ogv.360p.vp9.webm
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=54983
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this thread is standing uselessly in the middle of a battlefield of threads desu

ggs. the luck was with me

I can't remember how to count fu no matter how hard I try and I'm about to play with people irl this weekend.
What are the odds that they'll just have an experienced player count fu for the newbies? Or is there a good way to remember them even if I'm a memorylet?

I think it's time to start actually learning how to play mahjong than just playing by the seat of my pants

Attached: Selection_001.png (704x526, 139K)

review it for 5 minutes every 30 minutes until you go to sleep

Attached: cheeki riichi.png (395x279, 63K)

Just never go out on a hand with less than 5 han

Don't worry, just tell them you're new and you don't know very well how to count fu yet. Unless it's a tournament, there people expect you to know the rules.

I got the rabbit girl on my first summon scroll

feels good man

Attached: Akagi - 20 (1).jpg (720x480, 43K)

just print out a fucking cheat sheet, how hard can it be
no one but the most arrogant weaboos will expect you to know the scoring table by heart as a newbie

If you always win with a haneman or higher you never have to worry about fu.

Attached: mikamichiori-4.png (240x240, 88K)

Fuck, I don't want that hideous shit.

Attached: Capture.png (678x867, 660K)

I hope they make better cosmetics in the future.

join 53378

They should add men characters too. Just put a yakuza, and old master and some young Akagi-like.

>OPEN TANYAO OFF
>2 HAN ONLY
Advertise that shit when you make the room homie

just use a hand calculator on your phone or something similar.
some newbie I played with even printed out their own list of the yakus to refer to.
most people don't really mind.

Can't spell betaori without BETA

I found the inspiration for this pic.

Attached: kan nyagger came to gold room2.jpg (1956x724, 188K)

Better than being a shadow realmer.

>first 0.00%
Dumb nyagger

TOURNAMENT TOMORROW
NO MORE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED
(someone could cancel or not show up though)

Be here tomorrow at 18:00 EST ~ 20:00 EST (22~24GMT)
1 hour of wait time.

Teams A, C, E, H. Can start at 18:00
Teams B, D, F, G. Can start at 20:00
This was chosen based on their available schedule.

More info and first round bracket can be found here: pastebin.com/fx94aR9A

Attached: mikamichiori-8.png (240x240, 89K)

>Deal-In Rate 10% higher than Win Rate.
He got it wrong.

>call rate 65%

Yeah, everything is on point. By the way, here is the updated version.

Attached: BIG_DICK_LOBBY_x2.png (717x585, 285K)

Why not just use Challonge?

I couldn't make it work for a 4 player game that has 35 players. I gave up and made a bracket myself that works.

As some guy said in the old thread, setting up and IRC would help greatly.

Just make the three players alone play 3 player mahjong.

You could probably make a bracket on a spreadsheet that people cana view

I don't know how to do it.
If someone else does it that would be really cool.

Attached: nadeshiko-6.png (240x240, 80K)

>no akadora

You have made this five times more enjoyable my man. Also, calling for "Yakuman Yea Forumsirgins mahjong tournament #1 - Victory is Mine edition", some grandeour is needed to start things up. I'm also voulnteering for making commentated stream while not playing - I'm veteran player so I know my shit, but at the same time I have filthy slavic accent. It will of course depend on if I'll qualify further on. I could always apply 5 minutes of delay and comment on my own games.

Also, I've made rag tag channel on Rizon (irc.rizon.net - there is web client as well for non-IRC users): #yakuman/v/irgins

Attached: 1557377515270.png (555x555, 238K)

>Rigged got free round
Rigged

>Team I
>seeded, don't need to play first round
>Rigged
LITERALLY rigged
I'm not complaining

Attached: NR3aZCG.gif (160x171, 1.33M)

3P riichi is even more lolrandom than playing east only bronze games, why would you even suggest that.

Forgot to attach a link for web client: rizon.net/chat

just fill our your nickname and channel name and hop on.

add an option to opt in/out of drawing dudes or drawing girls and you're golden

But I'm not a yakuman virgin, I got a kokushi just yesterday

In the second round, wouldn't it make more sense to have a 3rd place in each match?
Why put several third places in the same match?

This is what happens when you never play hanchans in Bronze or Silver, then get forced to do so in Gold.

How am I looking so far?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2373x1061, 503K)

seeded and fed

Because then the other players would need to be spread too and that would make things overly complicated. 2 in 2 teams is easier and it's not like it really makes a difference.

The fu guide on that chart is wrong, please delete it

Attached: 1528505445995.png (1479x797, 261K)

I'm asking the admin of a server if I can create a channel there.

Well didn't that one guy already made one on rizon.

IRC Channel already made (on the same network that official Yea Forums irc channel is), check out

Accent isn't a problem, you can commentate.

Why does the Riichi button look so enticing?
No matter how shitty my wait is it makes me want to click it.

>filthy slavic accent
That will only make it funnier- I mean more fun

I want a spooky table set for halloween

Are all the rounds really on the same night? Goddamn

DELICIOUS FREE SEX

Attached: 1441024419865.png (364x3120, 72K)

it's tempting to stop thinking and surrender your hand to fate
and pressure your opponents into disarming their hands

Pleasure inducing color.
Have you noticed the buttons are colored like they're from a loot game? Chi is green, Pon is blue, Kan is purple, Riichi is orange, etc.

The first round? Yeah.
Second round onwards? Depends on the players that get to the second round.

One user already made a remark that every button has such specific coloring that it looks like epic rare item from some diablo clone, making it hard to resist.

Also muh Pavlov reflexes

Attached: 1557813111147.png (912x912, 639K)

>mfw Ron

Attached: fap.jpg (231x320, 18K)

>play 4 games
>come out with a net positive ammount of copper and points

Attached: 1.png (120x120, 11K)

join 59037
4 han minimun

tsumo is the most aesthetic

stop making shitty rooms with garbage rules

Majsoul Friends Room 24798(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=24798

South standard rules
room 24798

Attached: noten.png (1600x1150, 1.74M)

I declared riichi and became furiten, couldn't ron on the cat's 5 pin

Attached: aa.png (1636x884, 1.21M)

Did anyone here get invited to the official tournament?

oh, is it the minimum han requirement thing?

I'm preparing custom streaming platform, since twitch is jew infested and I've already been banned there once. Hope everything will work out well.

Still 3 slots

I think the invitations are sent on the 27th.

Ok make a test by posting here once you're done.

1 more

Attached: 34p.png (497x371, 269K)

Attached: nyaggers on suicide watch.png (1825x970, 1.62M)

my deal in rate this morning alone is far higher than my deal in rate in literally the past 2 weeks
it's insane.
I can't believe I can actually get THIS unlucky. I can't believe it's actually possible to be this unlucky.

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (362x238, 23K)

I made sure to fill all my pockets to the brim with that sand I found during that 3rd place streak.

Attached: sands.png (740x159, 46K)

That so? I've heard of people already receiving invites.

>deal in
>unlucky
Unless it was damaten, there is very little luck involved when it comes to getting ron'd

my fault for joining a room with shit rules, only 1 valid hand the entire game and I dealt into it

Then I don't know. In the twitter post it says the results are going to be announced on the 27th.

you know absolutely nothing about my today's games, son
I'm a player with ~10% deal-in rate. or I was.

i would say average for a newbie

Fair enough. The only way I can find out is if you post an example or a log

ok lads first time playing majhong

Majsoul Friends Room 50406(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=50406

I hate leaving after that game, but I gotta do something in a few minutes. GG.

At least I tried.

Attached: 1558051559465.jpg (714x3208, 346K)

Why was my Mangan so strong?
Is that the power of a Dragon Kan?

Attached: well that's more points than expected.jpg (1919x965, 270K)

GONNA GO FAST
GONNA GO FAST
CUMON, STEP IT UP user

BLITZ MAHJONG ROOM, FOR THE FASTEST OF FAST: 3+5s, NO TIPS, NO AKADORA

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=70631

GIT IN 'ERE AND PLAY WITH THE BEST INSTEAD OF BULLYING BRONZE NEWFAGS

Attached: 1533945383696.jpg (1920x1920, 1.52M)

Yes. Closed kan of terminals or honors is a shortcut to mangan if you have 3 han

No, you're dealer.

>blitzing on spotty internets

Let's fucking do this.

Would you call this chi?

Attached: Screenshot_20190524_184816.png (875x719, 542K)

it doesnt put me in immediate tenpai so no

Yes, then I'd draw and discard another two 3pin while spamming sad cat emote.

>Unless it was damaten, there is very little luck involved when it comes to getting ron'd
Especially when your opponent made 3 discard and all of them were terminals or honors.

Attached: 1558337063041.png (829x475, 654K)

I understand completely.
No it's totally possible. You wouldn't think you would get ronned by someone with a shit wait in one turn when you've been riichi on a 3 way or 4 way wait with 9 or more tiles for 10 turns, and then that happening for 5 games in a row, and then a dozen or two dozen with similarly decent waits but it happens. But yes, add in damaten and trying to catch up (reasonably) from 4th with no fault from your own when its one of those games where you get fucked as dealer turn 3 with a baiman tsumo and then over and over, and it can certainly spike quickly.

That's why you're not a 9 dan.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-25-04-04-46-548_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg (1431x1200, 332K)

no, that's retarded, your hand is too easy to finish

how do i go about playing a game of strip mahjong with jewish milfs?

Attached: 1357087113214.jpg (590x480, 71K)

>third place
lmao

Majsoul Friends Room 70878(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=70878

Room 70878, south standard rules

Attached: azol.png (973x1400, 978K)

>9 dan never makes a mistake
Sure bro.

Attached: houou riichi nomi.png (866x726, 919K)

What's the mistake here?

Riichi

bros I'm not gonna make it...

Attached: 121.png (316x111, 32K)

It's not a mistake. By going riichi, he has a good chance to take the top place. 4th place player is so far back it's not a concern either.

1 more

I'm so sorry whoever got double ron'd

Majsoul Friends Room 21414(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=21414

Standard rules, need 2 more.

Attached: ichihime-0.png (240x240, 97K)

There is already a room and we need 1 more, don't be a jerk and split lobbies

I'm not sorry and I will do it again.

I remember that Yea Forumsingo

He has an even better chance to deal into mangan and end up third. He can stiill have 2 rounds after that. The victory here doesn't do much since any fast hand can retake his first place easily. No matter how you look at it riiching here with garbage hand is retarded move, especially after 2 other people.

thanks for the game!

lesson learned
be careful around winds and dragon later

Well it was a bit hard for a first hanchan. Hope you don't get discouraged.

Attached: 24_126.png (828x1200, 468K)

hope you all enjoyed raping my ass
time to study the yaku more

ill make a new room in 10 minutes

Did he win?

I do not like this art style

tenhou desktop client is so pretty, I wish it wasn't impossible to use

>not 100 ATK
how?

>know exactly what the nigger in tenpai is waiting on
>hold on to his winning till the last turns of the game
>but for some fucking reasons discard it after all this time at the very end and get ron'd like I thought
I literally just got fucking manipulated by cosmic forces

Attached: 1440031019114.png (512x355, 346K)

Is kaiji even good? I watched the first season and up until he faced the top guy in a card game. The story just feels like it's repeating with RNG based games with no actual skill behind them and most of the episode is wasted on Kaiji going A or B? and it doesn't matter what he picks because opponent wins regardless.

You gotta love the dusting system.

Attached: 5.jpg (558x608, 83K)

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=36971
2 han

retard back again with a room
Majsoul Friends Room 61512(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=61512

And it just happened again. Of course it's always got to be quick haneman tsumos when it's my turn and I have a one million shanten hand so I can't even attempt to stop them. Never on my opponents turns.

what's the difference between east and south

east is like right and south is sort of like Down

That's rich, got damaten mangan'd in 5 turns in a new game. What the fuck is this luck.

It's not. The second season is about a fucking patchinko. The 3rd arc is the mahjong arc but I haven't started it yet so I can't say if it's bullshit or not.

Season 2 is way better than 1st

I was at 40% 1st place not long ago. It's sad.

Attached: Capture.png (756x535, 201K)

That fucking pachinko is fucking awesome and so is NO COUNTO which you conveniently fail to mention

FUCK I HAD TWO DRAGONS AND 3 DORA AAAAAAAAAAAA

3/4
cmon lads

>Always declare riichi no matter what
>Realize I'm in a closed wait for 3 sou, only 2 left
>"Err...this was a terrible idea. I deserve to lose this round."
>3 sou is discarded

Feels great to make awful plays and still win.

Attached: Ichihime-2a.png (100x100, 25K)

Recent top level meta is shifting in favour of pushing like this. The reasoning is that EV from folding is always negative, whereas having a chance to win the hand means your EV is higher (though still negative). Besides, from a placement perspective, if toimen wins the player will be overtaken anyway.

Now I'm not saying that this is necessarily a good choice, and given that this guy's only 7d it's certainly possible that it is just a mistake, but unless you're stronger and more experienced than he is, you don't really have any basis to criticise better players because you don't have a strong enough understanding of their reasoning. Maybe they're thinking about things that you've never thought of, maybe they've made some pinpoint read, or maybe the thousands of games that they've played gives them a more accurate intuition of probabilities and expected values, yet Yea Forums has this tendency to always think themselves better than others, like the guy earlier who was insisting that pros got a WWYD wrong.

sallad add an ai

thanks for playing guys, that was fucking awful - kan hungry riichi nomi fest - just as in blitz intended

Attached: 1546892902052.jpg (1000x1500, 197K)

I don't know how to play this game.

Mahjong tiles.
Dinner.

Attached: 1539369743179.jpg (1640x1101, 1.27M)

Well it's not for me. I answered that way because the guy got the same feeling as me on the first season.

tfw it was going so fast, I just try to go for singles or all triples

nom nom

Attached: 1558445073727.gif (512x512, 239K)

do you guys have any translation guide or something for the psvita saki game?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (230x300, 21K)

Attached: 1557361806767.jpg (1200x670, 99K)

I converted 10 blue items for a summon scroll and got the same result as yours. I'm not bothering with that shit again until I have max bond with the cat.

i play without english letters/numbers on my tiles but ive been seeing them show up on the dora tiles... im pretty sure it wasnt always like this but i could be mis-remembering, anyone know if they changed/fucked something up?

But you've gotten a double yakuman and your speed is far higher than mine.

I play without the numbers too but I don't have them anywhere. You probably have a bug.

I'm seeing this too, they appear on the dora indicators an also on the wait hints when I'm in tenpai.

minomino.org/

yeah and it was weird... pretty sure it had an F for the green dragon tile what could that even mean?

>next hand
>kanned when way ahead for a 1 han yakuhai
>cat with that lucky hand from before throwing out dangerous tiles when im riichi and no visible dora (im holding a few)
>still nets the win on the last tile on some other cat, tanki on hatsu while I had ryanmen, mentanpin guaranteed mangan 5 han for a possible comeback from that unfair hand
>next hand some cat easily tsumos a kanchan wait
Theres no karmic justice in majong s*uls

If I'm a beginner, is there any reason not to call every Pon that isn't a terminal or a non-seat non-dealer wind? If so, why?

L-L-L-L-MAXIMUM!!!

Attached: touch-it.gif (250x150, 33K)

Fun game lads, room is still open.
+2

That cat with that lucky first hand kanned, I didn't, Oh I'm not even paying attention this game, just got ronned by auto discard to that same cat.

calling at all forces your hand into a certain setup and everyone can see what you're doing or attempting to do

And where do you download the tenhou client ?

Attack is the average value of the hands. If he's a classic chi/pon cat for example, he might occasionally pon his way to an amazing hand like that, but most of the time they would be pretty worthless so his attack would still be low. Speed doesn't influence attack directly.

Majsoul Friends Room 14995(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=14995

It's not just having to pay, it installs in the weirdest fucking place and I can't actually find any way to applocale it because the exe doesn't work if you direct launch it. I really don't like changing my whole system locale

This is so dumb, thnak you for the giggle

I hated season 2 but liked season 1 for the boat. They did actually end up using a cool strat with cards. The only thing that I hated was the "lul he gets to escape because bullshit reasons" But the rest of it was good. They made the character relations really cool and taught you to not trust (tough they went over kill on it in my opinion).

The problem I had with kaiji was that most challenges were rng of choice A or B and anything else that wasn't he just bullshit escaped/won and it could've been resolved far easier or at least made it more bearable to watch.

He gets cucked for no reason, they try to make him a good guy but then he only gets to lash out after he plot armors out. I found no character development and ugh... It just felt poorly done when it had so much potential.

tenhou.net/

there's an extension for w10 to instal japanese stuff without changing the locale on your system pooi.moe/Locale-Emulator/

What is "Replace North" anyway?
Never seen that one, googling comes up with nothing so I'm guessing it might be an English translation of some weird Japanese or Chinese term.

Attached: fujitakana-6.png (240x240, 82K)

The boat is retarded. Since you start with 3 stars, the winning amount, and you can sell your cards why don't you just sell all your cards to someone and win like that ?

Nigga just pretend it was genius mind game

I can't find where that shit is installed, can you help me ?

It's for 3p, in 3 player the north tiles basically work like the flowers and seasons in Chinese mahjong. You have the choice to setting aside any norths you draw, drawing a replacement tile, and then that counts as 1 dora if you win.

I think it's because there's never a player sitting north in 3p

3/4

Ah, I see, thanks. That explains why I haven't seen it, too.

faster

you got 1 han for every north tile in 3-players game I think

Majsoul Friends Room 59361(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59361

South, ***2 HAN MINIMUM***, No red doras
Possibly going to be the rules for later rounds in the tournament, come join if you're tired of getting nyagged by yakuhai and open tanyao

Room 59361, again, 2 han minimum

Attached: talk.png (1728x1152, 2.36M)

>***2 HAN MINIMUM***
what kind of bitch ass rule is that

Ryanhan shibari sucks, just turn off kuitan.

fuck you i want that so bad.

>have 10 tiles of sou
>okay game giving me the go to comeback with chinitsu, right?
>never get any tiles
>fine, honitsu I'll start calling
>look at discard pools every now and then because I dont care about defense now aside from something too obvious like chinitsu open
>looks okay I'll just discard this then be iishanten
>it was fucking chitoitsu, with several dora again, damaten, same cat
Like yeah I fucking get it I would damaten too if I'm in the lead but you dont get to damaten chitoitsu all the time, and it just happened to be when I got a break too.
>Next hand
>Next hand
AHHHH FUCK
this entire South game is going to give me an aneurysm
Just more unbelievable shit.

pastebin.com/fx94aR9A
>Why no red doras? To not blame dora lottery on this.
>If the setting is allowed a minimum of 2 han could be added from the second round onwards idk.

I dunno but the autism gathering host is considering it apparently

2/4

Attached: get.png (582x444, 53K)

You can have it if I find a way to send it to you.

1 more, you can still get in, yes you!

Room 59361, 2 han minimum

>damaten in a friendly room

>About to make comeback South 3,
>fucking finally, even if I can't pinfu I made my hand as efficiently as I could, just have to riichi, it's risky as theres possible honitsu, toitoi open melds but its the other cat and hasnt done anything really, but I don't really have a choice as my hands were devoid of dora except for the one I had to tear apart for an obvious open chinitsu that the same kanning cat had
>ron, baiman, 5 dora
>placed below someone else that dc/d in East 3
Fuck this game.

>racks
>numbered
fucking americlaps

Attached: 1536027381685.jpg (2988x5312, 1.76M)

I'm glad there's no red doras for the tournament but 2-han minimum shit will ruin it.

Cry more bitch

Okay, seems like no one was really interested in the 2 han room, had someone leave. Remaking with standard rules, still no red dora though

Majsoul Friends Room 11493(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=11493

south, no red dora, normal hanchan
room 11493

Attached: chinese cat.png (600x400, 186K)

Does 2 han minimum include dora

>tenpai for a yakuman
>ron'd on my riichi

Attached: [Erai-raws] Comic Girls - 05 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_05.44_[2018.05.03_15.16.54].jpg (1280x720, 69K)

The guy just want to prepare you guys for future damaten in ranked. What a good guy he is!

Attached: fujitakana-0.png (240x240, 84K)

>1 close to tenpai
>get ronned

Attached: (pain).png (856x634, 113K)

>riichi'ing when you wont get more points from it

the gods punished you for your hubris user

>calling riichi on a yakuman
Unless it was a hand with a non-yakuman yasume, you deserved it for being a retarded nyagger.

Attached: 1558262635225.jpg (540x410, 82K)

The first hand I ever played in a Yea Forums friendly match was a ryanpeiko damaten and I felt really good about it

shut the fuck up searno

>calling riichi for a yakuman

Attached: 1451262881012.png (372x334, 217K)

1 more

If you were the dude I kicked I'm sorry but you weren't readying up

south, no red dora, normal hanchan
room 11493

There should be a yaku for winning out of someone's Riichi's discard

GGs

I can't make it work. I can't use local emulator on the shortcut and when I use it on the executable it doesn't work.

Jesus christ whale miko, sent to the shadow realm 2 games in a row.

GGs

You could, you're absolutely right. however, you have to realize that people would want your cards, which is not something super obvious at the beginning. Most people didn't even realize you could sell cards.

That is why your method fails for a show, most people would never think of this or do it without knowing how it would end. If you did know, you would have to find someone willing to buy said cards to risk getting all 6 stars as you'd likely only be able to sell all your cards for 1 star.

But we're dealing with gambling addicts who want to win big so these people dont want small winnings, they want to win it big.

What's the best Mahjong game on Steam?

So there's a limit to how many points you can receive in a hand and yakuman is the max?

Naruhodo... I would've been hit no matter what though, I was single tile wait for 13 orphans. I could fold but who would do that.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Comic Girls - 09 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_02.57_[2018.06.03_01.54.48].jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Yeah but there's repeaters, that mean when you know that you can just clean all your debts for free.

Attached: 1556925055447.jpg (940x517, 76K)

None
Pretty Girls Mahjong Battle is really cheaply made and its UI is balls
I haven't tried Mahjong Club but from what I've seen it looks like it sucks
And it looks like the Yakuza minigame everyone is talking about is bugged or something judging that post a few hours ago

After yakuman points are capped unless you manage to godhand it and get double/triple etc. yakuman

How does one even play Mahjong.

Yes, but we're not talking about a repeater are we?
The story is about Kaiji, we get many glimpses of the repeaters who have 6 stars and they even talk about their winnings and being superior and such.
The story is about newbies not repeats, which is why the second season should be better because instead of just winning, kaiji would learn how to beat the system or something.
I liked the intensity of him fighting against the head guy for personal reasons instead of just money, the games sucked but the idea was great.

Yeah but my point is that the whole system is retarded since once you know that you can get the most huge debts possible and never have to pay any of them.

would refreshing the site give you better RNG hand lads? Everyone but me got haneman tsumos lately it's frustrating

Attached: ween.png (465x119, 76K)

Attached: 1557503651152.gif (450x350, 54K)

Had 6x 3rd places in a row. Cleared cache and cookies, relaunched the game. Got 5x 1sts places in a row. I won't draw any conclusions from that, but take my anecdotal case and do whatever you want with it.

Attached: yea.png (751x136, 40K)

Doesn't the old guy just do this to watch them all suffer?
Hes not bringing in geniuses, hes bringing in people who are ruining their lives even further to take pleasure in it.

Yes but still that system can be abused so easily. Also idk why Kaiji didn't try to get back on the boat once he knew how it worked.

>got bullied in friendly games for this

Attached: turn 1.jpg (1439x773, 131K)

I hope you're participating in Yea Forums tourny
It'd be good to know that there are some players who used up all their luck before the tournament

>not long ago
meh you don't even have 100 games. Realistically you can know your TRUE stats after 200 full hanchans.It's not hard to win all the time and get a good stat in shit leagues.

Yeah, I shouldn't bother too much with my stats at my level.

Did you go for Chitoitsu ?

ebin

Attached: we.png (359x197, 77K)

Fuck, I saw the previous thread and now I am as addicted as a chinese man in heat.

Send help and ramen.

I thought they changed up the games?
I know he went to the boat, asked to go back and got sent to the tight rope instead?

i got hooked up too even though i end up in 4th all the time
im having a lots of fun

rofl

If I don't win this game I'm stopping here and now. Tired of this endless bullshit that only lasts for me.

You'll be back even if you lose.

Dont be a pussy user send help

Attached: fuckingnyaggers.png (773x267, 97K)

I know mahjong but why the big boobies

Majsoul Friends Room 11493(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=11493

room 11493, south standard hanchan, no red dora

Attached: guess ill just go fuck myself.png (795x221, 66K)

I'm a slut who deals in on purpose. I love getting ron'd by the cheapest most open tanyaos.

>Get Ron'd once, go into 4th.
>Everyone but me has a call rate higher than 50%
>Get this monstrous hand and win.
I was so frustrated that match from the constant calling. Getting this hand and winning makes me so happy.

Attached: fucking call rate ree.png (1659x1856, 2.83M)

2 more

room 11493

Attached: death.png (728x1084, 746K)

It would've been considered a yakuman under certain rules, be happy.

>not censoring eyes
It's like you want the girls to get doxxed

Attached: yagiyui-1b.png (240x240, 87K)

Which one? This isn't Daishairin, if that's the one you're thinking about. Daishairin is strictly 22334455667788.

>win-rate 9%
How?

any good mahjong games for the Nintendo Switch

still 1 more
room 11493

Right. Didn't see the 1 and 9 pin until now.

There's the Touhou Mahjong game coming out for Switch soon

wow

Attached: 1558139551163.png (326x506, 78K)

Get the fuck in there you pussies

No I swear, I've had it this time. Enough is enough. I'm just getting stressed out and not having anymore fun.
Damn dude. 40 games and those stats.
Here's your help, read all of this,
And the entire site too when you're done with that. First thing you need to do is stop calling. Second, read up on defense and stop dealing in so much. The rest you can fix on your own.

Yep I'm fucking done, getting shit on like there's no tomorrow things out of my control, don't want to talk about what just happened to me in South 4. I'm glad I didn't spend any more money on this game especially since I was never able to get my original account back anyway.

Fuck you. I've been getting those starting hands for the last 10 games or so.

They don't change the game since the guy he with play against took one year to train to be able to switch cards.

Baibai, kuso haipai!

Attached: 1557251975066.jpg (785x732, 174K)

wow, really close to a nagashi there.

The one on there is pretty shitty just because it uses shitty american terms. Instead of "ron" the button says "mah-jongg"

That's fucking nothing, try being able to go for near nagashi mangans. And 1 1/2 - 2 rows of those kinds of draws, drawing ones everyone else drawn or pon right away, one after the other, and no chanta, junchan, not enough for chitoitsu or totitoi. And definitely not honitsu because you wont draw the remaining ones and then start drawing the wrong suit 2 rows in. Also starting with 8 different ones is pretty good for kokushi musou attempts. Ive been nailed with ones starting from 7 before.
Ha. Ha aha haahahahHA AHA HA HA Try the past 40~ hanchan, an entire week or more of these hands. Enjoy your only dora filled hands getting beaten out by even faster, stronger hands, turn 2 ippatsu tsumo fucking baiman on your dealer's turn. Every other fucking hanchan.

MANGAN OR DIE!

Fun fact, this guy is asapin and he won that hand. Still i can't accept his choice, i need to watch him more.
>but unless you're stronger and more experienced than he is
i wish
>you don't really have any basis to criticise better players because you don't have a strong enough understanding of their reasoning
Maybe you're right. But it's kind of a basic thing that you shouldn't win with a cheap hand like his. I mean maybe sometimes but 2 other guys had riichis, just discarding a tile for your own riichi is already super dangerous, before even getting a chance to draw something.
>or maybe the thousands of games that they've played gives them a more accurate intuition
If it's true i am not gonna understand anything from his play. Actually it makes sense because your intuition is also trained in mahjong and some people can have a better game sense.
>yet Yea Forums has this tendency to always think themselves better than others, like the guy earlier who was insisting that pros got a WWYD wrong.
Yea Forums also has the tendency to idolize japanese players but they're humans too, not machines. Humans tend to make a lot of mistakes, no matter the skill. In particular case of asapin it's easiest to call it a mistake and move on, without overthinking about someone's sixth sense.

>Did you go for Chitoitsu ?
Yes, obviously.
I do but it's okay. That game was the last push.

Attached: master.jpg (844x654, 52K)

Congratulations user, Yea Forums is overflowing with Masters now!

thanks

I dont think I would stop, but a fresh restart is very enticing right now. LIterally couldn't even get to 2nd in the last 10 games in Silver. The points difference between 1st and 3rd have been getting more and more absurd, with yakitori being more of a common occurence.

Don't talk to me about tile efficiency when you get 5 or 6 tile waits for starting hand, draw nothing but trashes, and your opponent just riichis in less than 7 draws. It's nothing more than tilted RNG.

I know the feel, but you just have to grit your teeth and do everything in your power to grab that 3rd place in those games. 3rd place is winning. See for a prime example of where persistence gets you. Those are only the last 10, the 3rd place streak was longer, and had 4ths before it too.

One improves in mahjong by learning the theory, then learning the exceptions to the theory, and learning the exceptions to the exceptions ad infinitum. For lowly mortals like us, "don't chase two riichis with riichi only" is a solid enough theory, but ASAPIN is a super analogue player and certainly one of the strongest players of all time. If he decides to ignore the theory, who can objectively decide whether it's a mistake or not? Maybe he's right for reasons we don't understand, or maybe he's wrong for reasons we don't understand. Maybe he's wrong according to our reasoning, but right according to his own reasoning, but wrong according to some even deeper level of insight.

Either way, you shouldn't try and imitate him or other high level players without understanding his full thought process. You've gotta build up your own grasp of theory before you can understand when and why the exceptions apply.

You only lose when you get 4th place. Try to avoid that and your win will definitely come. You'll get pathetic games no matter how good of a player you are and i am sure you still have a lot of room to grow. Tile efficiency is one thing but you also need mental endurance or something to resist this shit.

You'll never beat me, not when I shift into MAXIMUM OVERBULLY

Attached: looks like you're going to the shadow realm kana.png (2074x1167, 2.33M)

I would've upvoted that post if we were on reddit, but we aren't on reddit so fuck you seriously though, well said

Attached: kujouriu-12.png (240x240, 81K)

My Discards: Green Dragon, White Dragon, Green Drago, Green Dragon.

Attached: haram(7).jpg (246x205, 10K)

Jesus Christ did he deal into you four times on East 1

>he keeps third east and third white dragon with only 1 pair
Why
WHY

W H Y
H
Y

Attached: 833ace05-c5d9-4e27-a188-08ded742846f.jpg (960x720, 71K)

five

Why the fuck would he even discard 6m there

He ragequit after the 4th deal-in, but that didn't stop me from bullying his corpse.

I don't get mad at anything. Except this game. It's infuriating. Exactly. I know exactly what you mean. In the past 100 games I've only had about one dozen games I can say I played riichi for real. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Being hit with strong tsumos in less than 5 turns every time youre dealer and always starting with dealer is disheartening. The way this game blesses certain players, and every single round, in various ways, is just disgusting. It doesn't feel like probabilities but just pure bullshit. It feels impossible to have over a hundred games of not being able to play and being forced to betatori or do even worse, like what are the odds of that but it can happen, has happened to me. I've played normal games,I know what they are like. And I absolutely know how to play, it's not a matter me not knowing tile efficiency, or not knowing what safe tiles are. I know all that and suji and shit. I need to cool off, maybe I'll be back next week or two if the threads are still around, otherwise,fuck it I'm not looking back. No wonder I stopped playing years ago.

Attached: 1405026986553.jpg (1099x791, 444K)

Attached: 13 orphans.png (650x400, 334K)

GG. Riichi'd at the end because I had a feeling someone was near as well, so I bet on the uradora giving me second place at least. Didn't happen sadly.

room 11493, south, standard hanchan, no red dora (tournament rules for tomorrow)

Attached: tortoise3.jpg (2160x1620, 1.84M)

Fuck you. Fuck you fuck you FUCK YOU.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1513x927, 1.43M)

>Being hit with strong tsumos in less than 5 turns every time youre dealer and always starting with dealer is disheartening.
I know how you feel.

Attached: my face my soul.png (660x400, 318K)

>scrape into 3rd with a lucky uradora.
>4th place loses 120 rank points.
What the fuck.

dora lottery is a foundation of mahjong

you getting fucking lucky and fucking me in the ass, face, and mouth with your bullshit luck
is the foundation of mahjong

And someone else won to deny you your meme mangan, I assume?

IS ME STOOPEED?

Attached: Screenshot_20190525_012117.png (504x308, 62K)

I have survived cat hell, and it has changed me.

Attached: survivor.png (868x803, 358K)

ggs. room is restarting, need 1 more

room 11493, south, standard hanchan, no red dora

Attached: 20151210_094341.jpg (1536x2560, 1.32M)

>chinese tiles
Well, at least its green dragons are actually green.

gg guys me go eat lunch. im sorry i dont do it on purpose

That was advanced bullying.

Those are american tiles, user. Chinese sets don't have fucking jokers.

Is there a Yea Forums guide on how to play mahjong?
I remember trying to learn it back when Yakuza 4 just came out but I never did.

Attached: 1541650203461.jpg (1500x2122, 199K)

Attached: jade.png (316x143, 33K)

True cat hell is Adept 3.

Holy shit

Attached: 1388807636202.jpg (192x203, 16K)

Those are American tiles my dude
Chinese tiles don't use pictures of the dragons for the dragons lmoa

Saints lose even more in Jade. These 211 is me getting -6000 while being Master; Saints lose about ~230 even not going into negatives.

Whelp back to the drawing board.

Goddamn, sounds like real hell

>double dealer haneman
these cats didn't stand a chance.

quick trip for some magical sand

Attached: 1554118321907.png (557x323, 84K)

Thankfully, you almost lose nothing for 3rd places in Jade. Sometimes you even end up with like +1-3 points. 2nd place gives ~50-70, 1st 130-150. So Jade pretty much finalizes the realization that in any Mahjong game, there's only two possible outcomes: 4th and not 4th. That's why most people there play extremely defensive. Who gives a shit about 3rd place if it's like -5 points, when 4th would take away more points than 1 and 2 places combined?

he's playing this man, that's why

Attached: akagi2.jpg (500x282, 23K)

WHY THE FUCK DID SOUTH 2 TAKE SO DAMN LONG? is it a glitch?
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190525-10d3d098-e279-4782-8b9e-ccf7504e50fb_a925036275

oh shit also tip would help, ignore the last three rounds I belive that was luck desu

Because you were the dealer and kept winning.

WHY IS JADE SO EXPENSIVE??? I JUST WANT A GIRL THAT ISN'T DEFAULT TO CALL MY OWN

>double penetration with small dick hands
ehhh

Attached: yagiyui-10.png (240x240, 93K)

Thank god. I still have a long way till I get there anyway

It was in the middle of fucking nowhere somewhere in app data, I don't even remember how I found it. The shortcut doesn't even directly point to it.

I found it, it's in local\C-EGG\tenhou

were you able to get it to launch directly so you can use locale emulators?

No sadly.

is tenhou not shit? should i go read those 2 chapters in riichi book 1 to find out how to use it?
would it give me a space to practice without worrying about ladder anxiety?

The only way it may be able to work would be to modify the registry so you can use local emulator on shortcuts but I'm not doing that. Fuck windows and fuck regedit.

Tenhou has a ladder though.
A much, much harsher ladder.

Attached: nikaidoumiki-10.png (240x240, 83K)

why does she look different than default? is that just an emote or does something happen when you increase bond with girls?

at max bond you can gift a girl a shitload of spheres, stardust, purple gifts and wishing stones to unlock an alternate skin that comes with 3 new emotes

Alternative costume.

Attached: nikaidoumiki-12.png (240x240, 91K)

Tenhou is also ranked, but it's less flashy and in your face about it, and you'll also be pre-dan for a long time where you don't really see gains or losses. I personally prefer playing on tenhou since it's cleaner and faster and there aren't any smug anime girl voices and emotes to distract you.

It's pretty ugly by default though, fortunately you can set RGB values for the tile backs and backgrounds or link your own background image. The vignette and shading gets applied to any background you put in so pretty much anything looks nice.

Attached: 1535312159639.jpg (996x930, 597K)

Tenhou is tryhard city. Would avoid that cancer at full force.

Dude what?

Attached: BFC.jpg (391x93, 9K)

Tenhou is for serious business mahjong, and the ladder anxiety there can get a lot worse. Lots of people have been playing Majsoul as a vacation from Tenhou. But if you actually want to improve, and to play against the best, Tenhou is the way to go.

youtu.be/OxxoB1YVEAc?t=190

old nintendo tiles are so pretty

Attached: 1537098234905.jpg (1200x800, 56K)

how do i learn to play majongn

Attached: mahjongcant.jpg (641x365, 205K)

how was this shilled as a legitimate trick? you got no business touching the wall like that at any point that isnt the very beginning of the game

match the pretty tiles

Attached: 1542163662846.jpg (503x331, 138K)

Maybe it glitched into another language?

Those are the more traditional arabic markings for the dragon tiles. Chun for red, fa for green, not exactly sure what B stands for.

Attached: 1537689035693.jpg (350x315, 34K)

i had this last time i played, gotta be some bug but i dont know where you report things like that ingame

You're probably, what, 2, 3 weeks into Mahjong by now if you're saying that? People, even today in pro games, are pretty easy-going about adjusting the wall to provide more space and also push the right end of the wall closer into the center of the table. This is especially true in non-auto tables, and people are adjusting tiles constantly in those matches. You probably watch a lot of really clean-looking pro matches where the camera shifts from hand-to-hand, but when they aren't drawing/discarding, the others are doing things like rearranging their hand, their discard, the wall, etc.

>not exactly sure what B stands for.
Bai. Also the Green dragon is really "Fa Choi". I've heard that means "Get fat", but in a more monetary sense.

Yeah I always heard the symbol itself is just for "get," but it kind of implies "get rich." Sort of like "earn" or something.

Nigga that's kawaii
I don't even want to know the price

Blizzard Store no longer sells it, and I personally couldn't find it on eBay.

It was like $200 when the promo was going on, but it was in 2013 and they only made a limited amount so it's probably ungodly expensive
It's my dream set and I wish I was playing mahjong back then

Attached: 1555086023614.jpg (560x420, 64K)

FUCK

I found one on ebay for $600
I love mahjong and I love chubby panda boys and I love cute pawprints, but I don't love it $600 much

Attached: 1528846383609.jpg (580x541, 115K)

What search queries are you using? I just checked, I can't find it with 'mop mahjong set', 'blizzard mahjong set', 'pandaria mahjong set' or anything similar.

ebay.com/itm/Blizzard-BlizzCon-2013-Limited-Edition-World-of-Warcraft-Themed-Mahjong-Set-/222328235502

I'm sure some old japanese man's ghost is crying tears of joy seeing all these people getting into riichi mahjong

Thanks. That's weird as fuck, even literally copying the name to the search field does not find this listing for me - with zero filters on (I'm not even logged in).

NEED A NEW ROOM!
I accidentally bought a 1000 dollar magnetic auto dealing mahjong table and it arrives tomorrow what the fuck do I do now?

GAMBLERU!!!

I want to level the hag to 5 solely for that emote, it looks absolutely infuriating

>accidentally
how?

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=11533

ROOM FOR 3

Are you by any chance in Moscow? I'll give you 3 people willing to pay you a visit.

Weird, who knows. For what it's worth I got there via a google search, not by searching it on ebay.
I can dream that they'll make another run of them someday, but it's not likely. They actually remade it in 2015 but it was different, the tile backs were brown and had the Warcraft logo instead of the paw.

Majsoul Friends Room 95992(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=95992

No tips

Leveling to 5 is not enough, you also need to gather a shitton of various items.

Cancel this one

>I accidentally bought a 1000 dollar magnetic auto dealing mahjong table and it arrives tomorrow what the fuck do I do now?
If you're not just memeing, which one and where did you get it? The cheapest ones I've found are like $1100 and then you need to pay another $800+ to have it shipped overseas.

Did Amos finally get their shit together and start selling in USA?

>accidentally open ebay
>accidentally type mahjong
>accidentally read reviews for mahjong tiles and tables
>accidentally find the best one
>accidentally get free two day shipping
>accidentally need to learn how to play mahjong
how could you not accidentally an entire table?

What's with the 1-star novices hosting rooms? Are people making alt accounts to sandbag on Yea Forums?

some of us are new as fuck bro why you worried go play ranked or something

the cat girl is cute
should I give her all my gifts or wait until I get a new girl

The next time you feel bad about some of your winning tiles being in the dead wall, think back to this guy

Attached: pei.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

You're supposed to dust you gifts for that gacha fix.
Get to the point where you can't play rankeds because you wasted all your copper on gifts that are turned into dust.

Attached: nadeshiko-12.png (240x240, 86K)

dust gifts?

Attached: 1484721914063.jpg (195x293, 60K)

Attached: 1516578524859.jpg (225x225, 16K)

What is a nyagger?

You can "donate" your gifts and get dust.
With 50 dust you can premium roll once with a high chance of you getting frustrated because you wasted so many gifts and only got a green cookie in return.

That's cute.

Attached: NoYakumanToday.webm (640x360, 1.41M)

Who else /speedytank/ here

Attached: stots.png (1195x945, 518K)

RABBIT
TANK
BEST MATCH

Wouldn't one of those be drawn with a kan?
I don't know how the order goes though

youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g
>tfw you have a hand full of doubles

Hagane no Moonsault!

He deserved it desu. Should've settled for honitsu yakuhai 3

I cucked my chinrontou by kanning 1 time and i still regret it.

Yes, the last four ones get drawn after a kan, starting with the final tile. So he'd need 4 kans

FUCKK ME
I HATE THIS FFUCKING GAME

amazon.com/American-Automatic-Foldable-Warranty-Included/dp/B07P925VCJ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=mahjong table magnetic&qid=1558764786&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Price: $1,049.99 & FREE Shipping

what is yaku and how does one yaku? also if you chi or pon do you cuck yourself out of yaku?? i literally have only the faintest of comprehension on what I'm doing.

>keeps calling into no yaku hands, not even sure he knows the yaku
>riichi for big dick hand
>he has a fanpai in his hand and tsumos

Not lesbian enough to get a Rinshan Double Yakuman

You are not gonna learn how to play with that nigger attitude.
Start here.
arcturus.su/wiki/Yaku

yaku is what makes your hands worth points
many yaku require you to not call chi/pon/kan on anything (riichi, menzenchin, iipeikou etc)

I have no idea what are you talking about.
I hope you aren't insulting me.

A yaku is just a winning hand. If you call a pon or chii on terminals (1 and 9) or an honor tile, then you can't do open tanyao. Pinfu is the other basic yaku that you can do with even honors and terminals, but you have to keep that closed to work.

Yaku are essentially templates that can fit your hand. Multiple templates may apply to a given hand, which is how you build score. If you chi or pon you "open" your hand and become ineligible for some templates. Click on the "?" button to see the templates and what they're worth. "Menzenchin only" means the template requires a closed hand.

Attached: click this.png (548x325, 388K)

That's probably why the other user didn't find it, it's for American meme mahjong. Though that just means no red dora and no Riichi bet slot, you can still use it for Riichi. And you get all the dumb extra tiles.

Yaku are the qualifiers for a hand. You need at least one to complete a hand, and opening your hand (pon chi) disqualifies you from several, so it's definitely possible to cuck yourself out of certain yaku or even wind up with a hand that's impossible to win with. Someone posted a great infographic showing how common the yaku were last thread and what order you should memorize them, but I didn't save it.

Not really, just annoyed you accidentally cucked me out of a big hand when it was obvious you either had no idea what you were doing or were just fucking around.

It was fun though.

whats american mahjong?

Triple actually. Suukantsu

olev

>you
I was the cat though.
I got gyakuten'd by the end of east ;_;

A bad joke. Literally every year they change the yaku equivalent s just to make you buy all new rules cards. And if this were this year's card I could be sued for posting it here.

Attached: mah jongg card_flickr_dremiel.jpg (640x480, 247K)

do i do it? what are my odds of getting something good from one of those scrolls?

Attached: 1iYsVOR[1].jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

why not

Attached: 1538378764992.jpg (649x676, 63K)

If you're f2p, you have to, unless you just want to rush to five bond for cat/hag and don't care about the bond outfit. It's the only way to get summon stones which you need to get the bond outfits.

There's a 20% chance that you get something other than a gift. 15% for a decoration (alternate Riichi sticks, effects, Riichi music) and 5% for a character.

There are good reasons to riichi a yakuman though, like a shanpon wait suuankou. You want them to avoid dealing in because you want the tsumo anyway so if they wreck their hands they play into your strategy of prolonging the round.

>haipai with a pair of dragons/seat/round wind
Not considering that you are in last place and it's the last round, is it worth it to pon right away and win ASAP? Like even if all you get is a 1000 point hand?

Mach speed hands are great if you're the dealer, you want whoever the dealer is to stop being the dealer, or you just want to end the game while you're still doing well. They're bad if you're behind and need to catch up (unless of course you're the dealer then go for it)

not bad lads... i got the Intensive Battle riichi music

isnt this op in the sense that it plays even if you have music muted?

Attached: VP712Ar[1].jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

Majsoul Friends Room 23075(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=2307

No tips. Do you have the skill to know when you're in open tenpai!?

It has a separate audio option from regular BGM, but it can be muted. Why you would, I don't know.

Whoops, had to remake. 76760.

I didn't think auto tables existed for american mahjong since they use their racks and all.
I assume that table doesn't let you change to 17 tile walls since no form of American mahjong uses anything less than 19

Two more, if you have what it takes to not have pond highlights.

Is that even compatible with riichi mahjong? Like it would work fine even after you cut the jokers/flowers/seasons?

>American mahjong uses anything less than 19
Why do americans always think bigger/more == better?

It claims to have alternate settings for other rulesets so maybe. Hopefully user checked the return policy

Cancelled, perhaps in another lifetime.

Oh boy, let's see
>is so pretentious it has to spell itself "mah-jongg"
>tiles are thin and numbered, uses racks like scrabble, the dragons are pictures of dragons instead of the chinese characters
>uses 8 joker tiles
>uses flowers and seasons but they're used as another suit of honor tiles
>each hands starts with multiple rounds of passing tiles you don't want to other players
>doesn't use the traditional four melds and a pair system, every winning hand is a preset hand like 9 gates or chiitoitsu and none of them can be stacked
>doesn't use straights, only pons and kans but it also goes up to sextuplets in some hands because jokers
>when you win you're supposed to shout "mah-jong!!"
>is run and controlled by an organization called the "National Mah-jongg League"
>official NMJL sets are grossly overpriced and until recently there were no third party brands
>the hands change every year and come in the form of a $9 score card that's absolutely coated in "PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT LAWS" messages
>even outside tournaments people will bully you out of playing with you if you have a copied or printed score card, because they paid the $9 so you have to too
>is literally only played by old jewish women, so heavily that the game is often called "jewish mahjong"

Any questions?

Attached: 1545771338883.jpg (640x284, 44K)

I don't think that's the logic, it's just the inclusion of jokers. It's stupid, but it's not just "hurr more tiles better"

>current year hand
Do they just change the current year hand and charge you 9 dollarydoos?

how would it not be? wouldn't you just be able to draw the necessary tiles for a riitchi hand?

I don't see any difference between that and "RON-NYA" honestly

It's automated so the walls would build a certain way.

FREE SHIPPING? I'LL HAVE TWO, PLEASE.

As long as it has settings for different length walls. Most tables do, but I don't think is really a known brand.
Riichi uses 17 tile walls, American uses 19.

pinfu is 20 on tsumo, 30 on ron.
almost everything else is 30 on tsumo, 40 on concealed ron.
if your hand is pon/kan heavy, it's probably 40 or 50 on concealed ron.

I'm scared to find out how they bastardized Koi Koi and Shogi after reading this.

Attached: 1557034127171.png (345x413, 42K)

but they're already shuffled and then you can draw your hands from the tiles?

I dont understand but I'm also a mahjonglet

American mahjong uses more tiles than riichi. It adds the flowers and seasons as well as eight jokers.

You wouldn't believe how badly they bastardized shogi
They made one side all black and one side all white

>eight jokers
But. Why. Just why.

Attached: __shoebill_kemono_friends_drawn_by_sky_freedom__5452851641278b4ee87346ab317a8b2b.jpg (846x1200, 221K)

I cringed imagining it. Who thought of that? Can you imagine someone shouting "poker" after winning a hand?

You say "ron" so the other players know what the fuck is going on, and that actually happens to anything you do that is not simple discarding. Also, when you win you should tell what hand you won with, because there are so many bullshittery going on when you calculate your score.

Attached: 1528833683_28wmke.jpg (600x482, 33K)

People shout UNO when they have one card left in UNO so

they get free 18k every day

I'm going to shout FUCK when I'm fucking you so

How else are you gonna get the 6 of a kind hands? :^)

To get 18k, you need to be below 18k. And if you get one 4th place, you pretty much lose them instantly.

you mean mangan

It's an American thing for games. They shout blackjack whenever they get a blackjack in blackjack. They shout goldfish whenever they finish their last pair. They shout old maid whenever someone pulls the joker. It's fucking weird man.

And? People shout Truco to make a challenge in Truco. The games are named after the name of that characteristic action (Uno means one, and truco means 'trick'), not the other way around. There is no shouting in chess, is american chess going to have you shouting "chess" when you win?

I really don't understand why you're demonizing 'MAHJONG' so much when riichi mahjong makes you shout 'TSUMO' and 'RON'

They shout checkmate in chess and clap their hands.

so remove those tiles from the automated shuffling and store them elsewhere. am I misunderstanding something?? american mahjong gives a bunch of bonus tiles. guy richie uses less tiles. only use the riitchi tiles shuffle on the automated table and deal from the goofy shaped wall from the automated shuffle.

i fucking hate the sore-pon girl

It probably won't dispense a wall till it hits 19 across, barring an alternate setting. That's how the tables prevent overfilling and potentially damaging themselves, or underfilling and forcing a redo.

>so remove those tiles from the automated shuffling and store them elsewhere. am I misunderstanding something??
user are you serious? That's not how machines work. It's engineered to build 19 tile walls, so if some tiles are missing it's not gonna just perfectly divide what's in there into four even walls and it probably wouldn't even let you press the button to lift them up since since the machine still thinks it's waiting on tiles to finish the walls.

Attached: 1557953763295.jpg (240x250, 10K)

>They shout checkmate
What a fucking strange country.

Nobody shouts tsumo or ron. You casually say it.

Attached: 1505535667034.jpg (100x89, 3K)

Except for Nadeshiko, the retarded dumb slut who feels the need to hide her inferiority complex behind stronk womyn pushy shouting CHII DA

pei marine geology is at it again!

Attached: vol28pic106and107.png (1879x1398, 1.56M)

how many tiles is riitchi mahjong?

Attached: 71nf-4lImGL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x999, 211K)

So as long as 136 with four even walls is on that grid somewhere, it should work.

only it seems they need to pick the extra tiles by hand, both the sets

>nobody shouts tsumo or ron
How the fuck is anyone supposed to get their beta-endorphins, tyrosines, enkephalins, valines, lysines, leucines and isoluecines fix like that

>Contemporary Pedestal Automatic Mahjong Table comes 2 sets of magnetic tiles 144 tiles (1 Blue & 1 Green) The table can be used not only with American mahjong set, but also any other type of play style ( Japanese style, Philippine style, India style, ..etc) . You can easily switch the modes on the table according to your preference
Says jap, so it should work?

I mean if it says it can, then sure, it should. And if it doesn't somehow you can probably argue with them to pay return shipping since it said it could do what you needed but actually can't.

There are a lot of modes on that sheet, surely a standard 136 tile game is on there. Even lots of Chinese variants use 136 tiles.

wot country yew in mate americans shout everyfing

I normally wouldn't encourage watching twitch streams but the mahjong soul team is promising free shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190525-023010.png (2048x1658, 1.03M)

>(1 Blue & 1 Green)
inb4 ceramic duplo tiles

Attached: big boys.jpg (779x571, 134K)

1000 copper?

Literally who?

Who the hell is Tornis

Better question: who cares?

>Philippine style, India style, ..etc
Hol' up, what are these?

w h o?! ive always wanted to try to get some popular streamer to play this... somebody like Reckful who is spamming Auto Chess, thats basically just dota mahjong

>giveaways
How does that work? Can I get em without watching the stream?

This

Attached: ichihime-10.png (240x240, 83K)

It says 3.5cm tall tiles, that's smaller than chink duplo tiles iirc
It's bigger than standard japanese tiles, but smaller than chinese

>6 PM CET
How many hours from now is that?

We don't know dick, but I can guarantee from experience you'll need to watch the stream and probably have a twitch account logged in as you do to enter to get anything

about 8

Literally just google it and google will tell you your local time.

8 bongs 10 bings.

but I want to get free (You)

Thanks anons, timezones make my head hurt

>every winning hand is a preset hand like 9 gates
I'm being a bit of an "ackshually" guy, but it's important. 9 gates actually IS a validly formed hand. This is important, because if you ever make a 9 gates tenpai, you should NOT riichi. It's incredibly easy to put yourself into furiten because the wait is incredibly complex.

Attached: How 9 Gates Works.gif (325x100, 20K)

The "dragon tiles" in chinese/japanese sets don't actually represent dragons anyway, as far as I know. They are just called dragons as a chinese-sounding thing that is easy for westerners to remember.

Well that's kind of the point, it's taking the fact that americlaps call them "dragons" and going full retard with it, turning them into actual dragons instead of the original characters with their own meanings.

I want tacos every time I play

Attached: 1558650924119.png (340x340, 145K)

I care. I don't care about him, but I want to know if he's famous and will give my favorite crack-addiction more publicity so I can chi-chi-ronnya a bunch of new faces.

Here's a replay of this guy
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190522-0d35d278-a520-447e-afbc-20fe078e2de4_a925053005
It's cringe central to watch his normal play, of course he won the set with a double yakuman

Attached: 1535989962800.jpg (1172x542, 98K)

Reminder to bully cats into negative.

Attached: chrome_2019-05-24_23-16-27.jpg (809x632, 131K)

just for reference, about how much cash did you spend to fasttrack your way to an alt char + skin?

Not him but I've heard people say it's at least 200 bucks.

>Closed fucking little four winds with a green dragon pair
If he had tsumo'd that I think I would have flipped my shit. That was the apex of luckshittery.

Attached: nadeshiko3b.png (240x240, 91K)

My first 5 star evo which was yui was around the soul creator title ~166.66 USD.
Got lucky with character dupes tho.

Attached: chrome_2019-05-09_02-49-41.png (755x913, 1.05M)

If he had tsumo'd the ton, it'd be quadruple. A ron off of hatsu was the cheapest it could get from there.

Even if it wasn't four melds and a pair it'd still be incredibly easy to furiten yourself, and delcaring riichi has nothing to do with that. You also never want to riichi a yakuman anyways.

>he doesn't know the rules to bing bong mahjong
mate ahm sorry

>Even if it wasn't four melds and a pair it'd still be incredibly easy to furiten yourself
disregard this I suck cocks
I was only thinking of the 9 way wait

why do they put the black bars over the eyes?

>not playing brick mahjong
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/transcoded/6/6a/Mahjong1.theora.ogv/Mahjong1.theora.ogv.360p.vp9.webm

>wanting to have your waifus identify exposed

tiles too small
need bigga tiles for obachan can see

someone post a room so I can fumble through a match while I try and understand what yaku is.

make one

>amazon.com (not including additional shipping)
junk mat for $50 (no tiles)
junk mat + additional tile set package $117 (yellow mountain)
>amazon.co.uk (not including additional shipping)
junk mat for $95 (no tiles)
junk mat with tiles $200
>amazon.co.jp (including shipping to EU)
junk mat for $57 (no tiles)
junk mat with tiles $103

Why would anyone ever want to buy "locally"?
Granted, the tiles that come with the junk mat are apparently cheap Sango tiles, but it should be good enough, right?

t. ignorant

Attached: aiharamai-12.png (240x240, 89K)

I'm no expert, but buying "locally" from what is gonna be an importer 99.9% of the time rather than an actual local manufacturer is probably just adding to your bill for no good reason other than some useless middleman wants a paycheck

But since a middleman importer should buy in bulk they'd be able to get better prices than a normal person just importing straight from the source right?

It shouldn't be cheaper just to get it yourself, that's retarded.

>It's a second place because dealer went on a rampage and shadow realmed someone episode.

You assume that a middleman is gonna buy something like mahjong tiles in bulk
You assume the mahjong tile manufacturer wants to give him a bulk deal in the first place
You assume that the middleman isn't just straight up fucking you over in the hopes that you'll never check a Japanese site

Fair enough

Attached: aiharamai-3.png (240x240, 90K)

>Quint
What the fuck!?

Is it fun to play though

>Last round 4th place cat rons 2nd place for an open tanyao
>doesn't change any of the placements, just ends the game
I am so, so tired of this episode

>Try to build bigger dick hand
>shadow realmed

>ankan 1m
>RON

Kokushi?

It pissed you off, so there’s that.

Can anyone draw a hand that looks like it says NIGGER?
Could someone do it and WIN!? This might be the best game ever.

Heh

Attached: fujitakana-7.png (240x240, 85K)

can you please censor the eyes next time your putting young women at risk.

new room
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=54983

Yes.