Is Dante a mary sue

Women gushes for him and men wants to be his nephew

Attached: 6921421-5880344084-wallh.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Cock and Ball torture

No because he built up to that and there's reasoning behind him being so strong. Also he's a single 40 year old living in a shitty dilapidated building.

He shown to be in the wrong for wanting to pursue his rivalry with Vergil and is taught a lesson for it. He is accountable for that mistake and at fault. Not a Gary Stu. DMCV's story also doesn't revolve around him nor does it bend over backwards for his sake.

>No because he built up to that and there's reasoning behind him being so strong
Classic mary sue trope. He's built to that by the writer as OC self insert.

No, he's just a shitty version of the TMNTs.

his allies keep calling on his bullshit, he's not portrayed as the single most powerful character, he had his share of losses, he's also a bit of an asshole. so no, not a mary sue.

He probably is a virgin unlike Vergil

>He's built to that by the writer as OC self insert
I think you're confusing Dante with Nero

Nero is, though.

> Half demon child of a half-demon
> Owns a demon arm in the first game powerful enough to lift nearly anything
> Can weild Yamato like an expert
> Gets a huge amount of powers in 2, like stopping time
> Unlocks a DT stronger than both Dante and Vergil
> K.Os dante in a single punch, then beats the shit out of Vergil - Even if both were tired from the fight.
> Gets a badass twin-baarelled revolver and a sword with an engine in it

He's like someone's bad OC. "So he's like Vergil's son but stonger with Yamato and he has a cool motorbike sword and a twin barelled revolver and he is hooked up with this sey girl and he beats up everyone easily and wins and everyone loves him"

Attached: bluerose.jpg (1460x821, 163K)

>> Gets a huge amount of powers in 2
>2
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1555533134295.png (807x857, 754K)

dante isn't in dmc2

His second appearance, sorry, fuck i'm tired. In 5 he gets a lot of powers, sorry lads i'm wrecked. Here's some ass as apology

Attached: 1554319338328.jpg (764x1080, 414K)

>Can wield Yamato like an expert
I mean, other than Showdown's animation, most of the time he pretty clearly just flails the fucking thing around like he does with Red Queen.

where's the ass?

Let me make this clear.
[/italics] There is literally nothing wrong with being a mary sue especially if you are a video game protagonist. [italics]

Attached: 1528410492562.jpg (640x480, 58K)

Based. I actually like Nero in 5 but there's very clear favouritism from Itsuno

>40 year old and single
>Has no skills other than killing demons
>Can barely pay the services for his office
>Owes money to everyone
>So selfish he only accepts jobs that interest him
>His close friends walk over him
>Needs to have someone managing his business, otherwise it goes down the shitter
>His brother is always trying to kill him

Being strong doesn't equate to being a gary stu

>Can weild Yamato like an expert
No. If anything the way he wields it is completely wrong.
>Unlocks a DT stronger than both Dante and Vergil
He was probably only able to stop them because they were exhausted from their battle.
>> K.Os dante in a single punch, then beats the shit out of Vergil - Even if both were tired from the fight.
You say it like it doesn't matter that they were tired.
>Gets a badass twin-baarelled revolver and a sword with an engine in it
Cool weapons do not a Gary Stu make.

dante gets a literal motorcycle and a gay cowboy hat, why are you complaining about neros cool weapons, but not dantes?

Dante is a power fantasy character for sure, but I don't think he's quite flawless enough to be a Mary Sue. He has enough problems and quirks that make him seem human. Which is why I think Dante will always be a more popular character than Bayonetta. Bayonetta is a little too "perfect badass"

DMC was never really afraid to make fun of Dante, demons often even find him annoying; which is why he works as a character.

i'm glad that dmc 5 is the final game so don't have see nero's stupid face any more