CLASSIC

Why did Blizzard think it was a good idea to remove 'World' from World of Warcraft?

clips.twitch.tv/PatientGloriousMomTBTacoRight

inb4 someone says webm is from the demo and doesnt count. Classic will use the exact same system

Attached: 1541772802535.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteCorrectSageRiPepperonis
youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g
youtube.com/watch?v=jYuUD0o-Nz8&feature=youtu.be&t=360
youtube.com/watch?v=II_iw5hDswg
youtube.com/watch?v=gRLK5Nke-gE
clips.twitch.tv/BitterMagnificentWalrusNerfRedBlaster
twitter.com/Grummz/status/1131426701517312001?s=20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's from the demo and doesn't count
The stress test was also the first time they tested the layering system so it was expected to not work properly

Poorfags are fucking fuming right now because they can't afford Classic and private servers will all die when it comes out

thanks for defending my profits

Attached: file.jpg (620x333, 39K)

>Blizzcucks be coping
Can't say I'm surprised

4 cents has been deposited into your account!

>cuckcuckcuck
>shillshillshill
I'm so fucking glad people like you won't be playing the game

>That's from the demo and doesn't count
they already confirmed sharding is going to be in the full game

>Why did Blizzard think it was a good idea to remove 'World' from World of Warcraft?
Because they know Classic is going to be ghost town after 2 months and these "layered" servers are cheaper.

people who don't like fake open worlds? ok.

Whats the point of layering if the population is low? Would that not be a good argument to have no sharding at all?

>Whats the point of layering if the population is low?
Cheap servers, can't you read?

>Would that not be a good argument to have no sharding at all?
No. Severs are cheaper this way. can't you read?

>Classic will use the exact same system
No it won't. What do you gain from shitposting like this?

>tfw you got out at the start of Cata
>tfw you never fell for the home meme
>tfw you don't live in the past
>tfw you don't cuck your memories of actual vanilla for a shitty dopamine hit at this reskinned retail

Attached: 1558385302988.png (800x960, 1.5M)

>No it won't. What do you gain from shitposting like this?
if you're on a layer, and get invited to a layer where there's a massiv amount of people. that's the exact same thing you will see.

this is a fact.

Does anyone have that image with the various stages of MMO denial? The 'it's only a beta' 'it'll be fixed on release' 'it'll be patched later' 'i don't want to be alone' one?

underage meme spouters

What's the deal with this vid? What's going on? I've never played WoW.

No but I do have this one

Attached: 1556203616589.png (814x1554, 483K)

I know that when I will ask for source you will link layering. When I will say layering is not the same and will be disabled you will post wojak. So what's your endgame? Why do you faggots waste your time shit posting about things you hate? Is your life really that miserable and pathetic that the only satisfaction you get is to try creating another TORtanic?

>Blizzard shills like playing with sharding

Actually no, heh. Not only is Layering going away before Phase 2, Classic will use a system called Layering. Essentially pair of continents will have it's own big shard. This can easily be avoided too, if you prefer to play on the biggest shard you can request in invite from someone and you'll stick there.

classic wow used to have one big giant world for every server, where you could always see everyone. but since new blizzard is completely incompitent, they cant recreate this without causing game breaking lag. so instead they're splitting up the world into several shards they tried to rename them layers because people hate sharding, but its the same shit in practice. sharding means taking people in zone and placing them in their own isolated world. so that way their servers wont have to calculate interractions which will slow everything down. leading to a dead and soulless world.

in the webm one player is moved from an empty shard, to a shard with people.

That's a nice one too. Could use some movement from the other four though. Right now it's a bit like the dude's yelling at puppets.

>Not only is Layering going away before Phase 2
2 days of game time has been added to your battle.net account.

Attached: babypepe.png (417x526, 9K)

I usually don't like these kinda of memes, because one party is often exaggerated to be fuming mad while the other is exaggerated to be cool as a cucumber, but this is actually true. Retail/Private players are going to experience less and less in their games and they should be mad.

If it isn't I'll kill myself and post it on live leak.

The cool as a cucumber people are the ones that don't respond/ people that don't go on Yea Forums. They exist. They don't give a shit. They are completely oblivious to these memes and are happier overall.

Played any gook MMOs? Know how their channel system works? Same thing here, only drones will swear it's not the same thing because it has a new name now.

Honestly I’m excited for classic but it’s going to awesome that classic servers get all the values. So we can get itemization and real AV.

>Reminder

Attached: blizzard'd.jpg (966x479, 85K)

How do you get real AV if there are no values for that

all they're going to do is make the zone around kazzak and other wbosses a 1 layer zone meaning people will still be able to fight for boss kills. they might also do this for brm. but layering as we know it will be here to stay. you can quote me on that

>and real AV.
its the same AV version that retail has. cause they're too lazy to recreate the original version.

>real AV
Really? Original AV with the wide map, portable shredder kits, defias chasing the eye bearer, Korrak being more than just a graveyard guard, all the good shit?

or just the late vanilla AV that's no different from retail

I don't know man. I think as a culture we like do ham up our depression and blame it on electronics/neet lifestyle but I think if we didn't lean on them, then we would be shut ins without any sort of interaction. In short I'm glad I have you autists to play games with. Just please don't be racist there's literally no need.

>blizzard announces Classic, their legion funserver
>"dude, is going to have sharding"
>"my friend activision-blizzard said they are going to keep vanilla vanilla"
>beta comes and have sharding
>"lmoa, get told drones"
>"i-is just the initial zones, my my friend activision-blizzard just said is for my own good"
>f&f beta comes and seems sharding is everywhere
>"lamo, get told drones"
>i-is just the a rumor, my my friend activision-blizzard won't lie to me"
>beta comes and it confirms the sharding, now renamed as "layering"
>"loma, get told drones"
>"i-is just for the first phase, my my friend activision-bliz..."
I wonder what's the next steep.

>or just the late vanilla AV that's no different from retail
it will be this one

kinda unrelated but how do I know if I have the Beta and Stress test or only the Stress test without going ingame?

im not racist, just horribly inappropriate to make fags squirm

You can tell by which servers you can choose. Regular beta testers have 3 options, stress testers just have 1.

I'm not racist or homophobe. I just like saying nigger and making jokes about gays and jews

>Just please don't be racist there's literally no need.
but its funny

Attached: 1558614723625.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Yeah, but that would need me launching the game.
I need to know if I can check that somewhere con the account panel or places like that so I can check that when I'm not home

God I hate that mouth-breathing fat face.

He got invited though. That's exactly how it's supposed to work. However, you're not supposed to be able to logout and join another layer to grind the same node you just grinded

based asmongold poster

there's supposed to be a drop down menu above the install/play button

>screenshotting your own post

Pathetic

Hopefully, you learning English

BROS HOW COME THERE ARE LIKE 200 PEOPLE IN EACH LAYER

YOU SAID THE CLASSIC WOW ENGINE COULDNT HANDLE MORE THAN LIKE 20 PEOPLE PER ZONE

Attached: 1558450547269.jpg (221x228, 9K)

My bad English doesn't invalidate the argument. Try again, drone.

Attached: arathi_flank.webm (853x480, 2.98M)

>class changes
wat

kill yourself wowfags

It's funny at first, sure. But like all jokes, it gets less funny the more you do it. And it's just sad when you're an oldfag like me. Also actual racists think you're not joking. Not saying you should turn into an SJW, just live and learn.

I fucking hate this retard

layering is broken.

clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteCorrectSageRiPepperonis

>he thinks 40v40 is impressive

Attached: George-costanza.jpg (375x375, 49K)

god have mercy this thing looks like a fucking coal eyed demon every time I see it

Probably so that the balance isn't as fucking retarded as it was back then. I can handle some tweaks to the skills as long as the skills remain in the game.

That was two raids versus two raids.

>My bad English doesn't invalidate the argument
It actually does, because most of your post doesn't make enough sense to form an argument. It's just a greentext shitpost anyways and doesn't merit a sincere reply.

>I have no argument, yet I post again
Mad drone, mad and drone.

why

if you cant understand what argument he was making it's you who's the retard

Sorry I foiled your funposting, sweetie. Have another (You)

His post is full of lies and autism. Only layering is actual issue.

Alright, but what specifcally? Did Blizzard actually make a post?

What if I said... what if I said that I wouldn't even be bothered that much by this layering thing and will still enjoy the game

You wanted this so now you gotta fucking live with it. Eat it dipshits.

>druid macro can use consumable and instant shift back to form on classic
Druids. Fucking. Won.

Attached: 1557425590385.jpg (720x724, 29K)

but its been proved that this is not how they do it now?

it is old at this point, but it would be better if "nigger" got overused to the point where everyone doesn't care about the word
unfortunately, certain people can't think that words are just words and let themselves get triggered over anything that's not the norm/dick-sucking

Yes, it says "Beta & Stress Test" but it's only the stress test
I guess there's no practical way to know that really

Have fun farming Gnomer all day just to be on par with other classes.

yes it is. see also see people will be invisible to you untill you join their shard

I think his autism acted up. There are no changes being done to any class at all

>I'll reply 3 times to show you how much I don't care
LMOA

It is but this is Yea Forums where people only find joy in hoping every game that comes out crashes

They didn't, he's lying. Their stance is strictly no changes when it comes to the mechanics. The only differences are in the UI and such.

I will, Gnomer is good farm for fused wiring and Twink gear. ;)

>/sit crit kinda works
We won bros...we fucking won..

Attached: RedemptionTCG.jpg (1277x1000, 224K)

>receives $77 while being sharded

Holy this clip will make you classic purists seethe off a cliff

>call a streamer retarded
>while at the same time donating seventy-seven dollarydoos and seventy-seven cents
what the fuck

That was my plan as well.

Attached: 1550165059624.jpg (540x720, 82K)

Elaborate on that?

Zoomer stuff grampa, get with the times.

It makes you get crit still, but doesn't proc actual on crit effects so its just a big fuck you for the most part.

because of the delay batching they added, u can stand up last milisecond before a mob hits you it'll think you're both sitting and standing since it's both in the same batch. need enemy swing timer and it's kinda annoying to do not 100% reliable desu

>people playing tauren hunter
FUCKING WHY?

Attached: 1545476487470.jpg (906x936, 849K)

Lore.

You can still be crit while sitting on classic with timing the hit and pressing a movement key just before damage is taken. Pretty pointless because it doesn't proc any crit related talents or skills. So rip reck pallies and enrage warriors.

they specifically said /sit crits will not activate reckoning etc.

>warcraft lore

kek

>i-its th.the dem.demo guys!
>I swear Blizzard would never do this
>please play with me!
>I LOVE STREAMERS

Attached: download.jpg (231x218, 5K)

>That's exactly how it's supposed to work.
And that's what people are complaining about, you fucking retard

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

Why is everyone calling sharding layering all of a sudden?

Jesus relax faggot

Are you me? That's exactly my story too.

>300 players in one place is not enough!

Just like classic

absolutely _HOME_

Attached: 1487339645392.gif (658x668, 405K)

typical blizzard doublespeak tactics

Why do you think people give different things different names?

He's got lifeless eyes... black eyes like a doll's eyes....

blizzard knew people didnt want sharding in classic. so they renamed it layering and changed the shard size. the drones immediately ate that shit up and now the sa,e people who hated sharding are defending it instead.

because they are stupid and sellout streamers are defending it.

But user that was a thing patched out of classic, why would they keep it

To be fair, "shards" are applied to a zone and "layers" to one whole continent, so they are sightly different and yet the same shit.

You don't understand, it's not )))sharding((( if you call it (((layer)))

If they made it like TBC talents/tweaks or close to it I'd be fine desu

""""balance"""" is not fun. classes having soul is

>hundreds of people suddenly disappearing and appearing before my eyes in what is supposed to be a contiguous server is completely fine!

Somebody doesn't know what the word flanking means

H O M E
O
M
E

TBC classes were just fine

Good thing it doesn't do that anymore.

stress test was unplayable even with layering
you can't do a single quest in the starting zone if there is more than 40 people

we need aggressive sharding for starting zones

Yea Forums is contrarian to a fault.
Still, there are a lot of shit games out there, A LOT, and many genres have been stifled or ruined because of one popular game setting a standard that no company is willing to risk changing, and most players are unwilling to try new (or older, better) ideas.
EVERYONE has that one game they felt was better than the most popular one in a particular genre. So it's completely understandable to see people get annoyed or dismissive at a particular game, especially when that game is arguably setting a standard for a genre.
WoW is objectively, that exact kind of game. It take a genre that looked so promising and exciting at the beginning of this century, and warped it into a literal skinnerbox loot fest endless grind genre. A genre that had players and developers imagining huge "sandbox" worlds where individuals could "live" in a vitual world. But 20 years later and WoW is still setting a standard of "kill, loot, level, kill, loot, level". Instead of the past twenty years seeing the genre evolve, it's stagnated and has only reduced in complexity, to serve the simplest, most basic elements of gameplay that keep players paying and playing.
WoW really does deserve a lot of the hate it gets, and it's not fair to just blame the hate on Yea Forums being contrarian.

Only happens if you join a group with someone in a different layer.

expansions were a mistake.

if you believe otherwise go play bfa

Remember to constantly post about your hatred and obsession with twitch people and zoomers

Attached: seething.jpg (1627x1059, 181K)

>we need
You people just enjoy eating shit don't you?

Attached: 1541158093782.png (748x639, 206K)

go fuck yourself. force the blizzard diversity hire engineers to write real servers instead.

Blizzard killed Classic.
> Auto loot
> Cata water
> Foilage
> Modern cliënt
> 1.12 AV
> 1.12 itemization
> Nerfed Elites and bosses.
> Assmongoloid gets beta priveleges
> Assmongoloid gets stress test priveleges
> Streamerfags completey killing the hype by oversaturating the news with their shit
> Sharding
> Cross realm BGs
This isn't Vanilla! This is BfA with a Vanilla skin. Fuck Blizzard and FUCK STREAMERS..

Attached: 1541435196197.png (225x227, 15K)

Starting zones are supposed to have dynamic spawning.

Attached: 1558709926217.png (596x340, 42K)

>we need aggressive sharding for starting zones
Yeah, I fucking love playing my MMORPGs alone.

oh ok if thats the case i will just go donate all my money to asmongold then

its not fun to farm wolves for 4 hours because you can't do a single quest

youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g

Blizz doesn't give a fuck what mark has to say

I agree, but it's not going to happen in this generation. We had our chance to pull it off and we blew it.

Just group up for mob quests you fucking zoomer. That's what you're supposed to do

>don't be racist
Jesus how much of a fucking fag are you?

Prove it

>log in
>make character remembering the old good days
>starting zone is just like remember
>suddenly you notice players yelling POG OMEGALUL POGGERS I LOVE ASMON
>confused you start questing ignoring them
>a guy called asmongold is with a parade of other players behind him yelling and doing some weird noises
>you try to avoid them and just quest fast as you can to move out of this zone
>every monster is killed by the horde of these players and you take a lot of time to finish
>Finally you just have to kill the one unique NPC
>you manage to get the kill somehow
>before you head back to complete the quest there's a guy watching you, is the player from before with a crowd behind him
>"WTF are you doing stupid idiot," he yells you
> "I'm reporting you at this moment enjoy your ban"
>you ask him what's the reason and why is he mad
>your game disconnects
>you have been banned
HOME

Attached: download2.jpg (800x717, 31K)

> Modern cliënt
> Cata water
Client has no meaningful effect on gameplay. You can turn on old water in the settings.

> Auto loot
> Foilage
> 1.12 AV
> 1.12 itemization
> Cross realm BGs
All of thes existed in vanilla.

> Nerfed Elites and bosses.
Mob damage is correct and your dumb frogposting ass doesn't understand how mitigation works.

> Assmongoloid gets beta priveleges
> Assmongoloid gets stress test priveleges
> Streamerfags completey killing the hype by oversaturating the news with their shit
Imagine letting e-celebs affect your opinion and enjoyment of a game.

if not fun to play in an empty world

Have fun interacting with people then you spastic cunt

>All of thes existed in vanilla.
And they shouldn't have, deal with it Blizzdrone

there is no way to do quests even in groups if there is more than 40 people

mobs spawn once every 5 minutes and quest items only drop one at the time

> Playing with other people
> In 2019
lol
Get with the times grandpa. No-one wants to waste time with making groups and shit. wtf..

Attached: 1558469239084.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

I learned from the stress test that the people playing the game today are not the chill and helpful bros I played with 15 years ago.

They're streamers and zoomers whoare just playing to see what it was like back then and they're just as silent in classic as they are in live.

Home is gone. And it's not coming back.

Attached: sad nerd.png (872x632, 225K)

Hoe much does Blizzard pay you to shill for them?

>classic won't have dynamic respawns because they thought sharding was enough
hahahahaha
back to private servers I go

>the chill and helpful bros I played with 15 years ago.
The literal definition of nostalgia.

Go read the blue post on the forums. Holy shit, I knew you shitposting faggots don't actually care enough about the game to look at the basic info Blizzard supplies.

>All of thes existed in vanilla.
only for like a month. the reason we're getting 1.12 shit is because thats the data they have. and they dont feel like recreating the iconic content/patches.

>i want a true vanilla experience
>no, not the way it was but how I want it

ok

> Classicfags think they can relive the past.

Attached: 1558414943678.jpg (640x466, 58K)

The only thing I care about at this point is more tauren and druid porn. Blizzard stopped deserving my money long ago.
Same.

There's a lot of LARP from both sides of the classic board in here now.
>BRO STREAMERS WILL DO "X" AND YOUR GAME IS FUCKED BECAUSE "X"!
>BRO YOU'RE A ZOOMER AND WILL NEVER ENJOY MY BASED GAME!

It's fun to sit on the sideline and watch this world burn from 2 sides.

Attached: 1532624790892.jpg (640x476, 50K)

imagine being a questing cuck at launch. you just grind mobs until you're ahead of retards standing at quest mobs for an hour waiting on respawns then you quest after you're way ahead

>They're streamers and zoomers whoare just playing to see what it was like back then and they're just as silent in classic as they are in live.
They wont be sticking around. Once the streamer moves on to the next flavor of the month it'll be a more enjoyable experience.

I don't remember cross-realm BG's existing in Vanilla. When was it in comparison to the pre-TBC patch?

Yes exactly. I want the game to be good again, to bad Blizzard doesn't know how to make a good game anymore, even if it already exists.

nice blog, where cani suscribe?

Wait there's cross realm BGs in vanilla. Fucking tell me you're lying. Nothing was cooler than leaving your AV to go to work only to come home and queue up to the same AV with people from your server that has been raging on the entire 8hr shift you weren't there.

They don't have cross realm dungeon finder do they?

> Fencesitting
Nothing worse than a fencesitter. Grow some backbone, you worthless sniveling miserable coward. You are nothing.

AV was changed well before 1.12: the big change that drastically reduced its size and nerfed the NPCs was in 1.8. Most items were changed well before 1.12. Auto-loot was added in 1.9. Foliage was always possible with a console command, and you can turn it down if you want to. Cross-realm BGs should've been in from the start to fix the god-awful BG queue times and the effects of faction imbalance on battlegrounds.

1.12 is the best version of vanilla.

it was added in patch 1.12

t.zoomer

>Join in me crying like a 10 year old about a 15 year old game NOW!
Grow up retard and learn that sitting on the sideline this time is the only real position.

Attached: 1552254831973.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

a lot people will be doing this too

killing 1 enemy every 5 minutes doesn't sound fun

>ross-realm BGs should've been in from the start to fix the god-awful BG queue times and the effects of faction imbalance on battlegrounds.
A curse on you and a curse on your cat. You are the problem.

Attached: puking loli.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Please do not use Aura to shitpost. She's the most based Tenchi girl and shouldn't be dragged down to this level.

Not him, but I think by sideline he means 'not being involved' which means 'not buying the game' you fucking goof. I'm in the same boat, and there's nothing funnier than watching a generally polarized playerbase (horde vs. alliance) shit themselves and start swapping sides, but at the same time it could just be a vocal minority.
Alright, just wanted to make sure.

>sharding is in

Attached: ifyouknew2.png (637x691, 474K)

>to shitpost
literally not shitposting.
If you cry about a fucking 15+ year old game and believe anything blizzard says you're actually mentally damaged.

Attached: 1536938745930.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

Pretty much this. The game will come out and whoever wants to play it will play it and nothing can stop that. Streaming will be happening and there is nothing stating it's against the rules in anyway ultimately changing the experience regardless of sharding/layering, or min/maxing. I think initially it's going to be very bad but the fans of streamers will get burnt out on Classic because they do not truly understand the time investment v.s. reward which will ultimately turn them off from actually participating within the game's environment. I think the first 3 months or so will be unpleasant, but by phase 2 it'll be more enjoyable due to the population decline.

>asmongoloid viewer detected
Go donate your mom's money to some e-celeb and let the sane people talk, you fucking monkey.

Shut. Up.
I have spoken.

How about you shut this!
*Unzips dick*

Just leave Aura out of it.

Attached: aura pillow fight.webm (854x480, 2.63M)

based Tenchi fan. War on Geminar was suffering to get through

>being this mad and delusional

Ur a zoomer now stfu

you just havent played with me, user

>but layering isn't sharding!
layering, sharding, and phasing all perform the same function, the only difference is the scale. no matter what you call it the end result is the same, players on the same server are fractured into separate instances of the main world.
>they'll get rid of it later, it's only for launch!
they said they would get rid of it but they didn't give a hard date and everything they say is subject to change.

>fat
???
He is anorexic af

I'm very happy about how all the WoW guys have adventures and fun in the classic beta. From what I see, they all have the same experience I had on private servers over the past years. Making more friends in a week than a year of retail.

if you post another 10 times about streamers, donate over $20, and trade asmongold at least 300 gold he might say your name on stream

You ain't my daddy, fag. Was asking a legitimate question because Blizzard has released a multitude of patches over the course of the game, and I'm not going to spend hours of my time researching a game I'm not going to play.

why are four guys sitting in the living room watching someone play wow on the tv? why arent they playing it themselves?

Attached: 1558655952296m.jpg (1000x1024, 100K)

How else will you know how the beta is doing? Reading blog posts? I love the game and want it to be good and not the bfa disaster we have now.

We're going home bros

Attached: 1553026257780.jpg (960x720, 159K)

a shard will never be a home of mine

Complaining about layering is the most boring thing to do. It's an irrelevant detail with no lasting consequences.

>your shilling skill has increased to 12
>your shilling skill has increased to 13
>your shilling skill has increased to 14
>your shilling skill has increased to 15

Have fun with this "game".

Sure bruh

Attached: 1558659244658.png (483x3182, 370K)

Good thing they won't be in forever then :^)

Attached: 1551675324296.png (508x585, 108K)

which layer is your home?

Crossrealms got introduced in the final pre-tbc patch in vanilla. I remember it very well, because it was the time my raiding guild broke up, everyone trying out the new 41 point tier of tbc talents and grinding rank14 year by the honor points we have today instead the rank system that got removed. It was weird suddenly seeing people from other realms in your bgs you have never seen before and stereotypes about servers began.

>Good thing they won't be in forever then
seeing how vague they have been about the whole thing. you should prepare for sharding to be around for far longer than you might expect.

>I remember it very well
Clearly not, because you remember it wrong. Crossrealm BGs were introduced in 1.12, pre TBC patch was 2.0.1. One look at patch notes would tell you this.

Instead of "Nerfed a month later" it needs to say "Sharded a month later"

youtube.com/watch?v=jYuUD0o-Nz8&feature=youtu.be&t=360
Yeah user this is really vague, you're right

Attached: 032784623.png (641x698, 764K)

>blizzard invites streamers to a conference shortly before the beta
>((((coincidentally)))) all the streamers are sucking blizzards cock 24/7 and they all love layering and think its perfect and changes are good etc
really makes u think

server 21 layer 5 shard 40 asmongold group 3

Attached: qfaDFPe.png (978x383, 156K)

They're simply higher IQ than you.

Money talks user.

remind that all it takes is two weeks of layering to fuck a servers economy forever
poopsockers will be 60 in a week and they'll be sitting on 10000 black lotuses

are you really that surprised to see a bunch of unwashed incels in their 30s, who still live in their parent's basement, wasting their lives away on a dead video game trying to relive the fantasy of the only time in their lives they felt special?

the losers who play this game nowadays are not even human, they're literal genetic garbage. they're mistakes from nature, and the only reason why this type of burden to society is kept alive is because it's still illegal to kill them.

they have nothing going on in their lives, and playing video games is the only thing they live for. it's actually rather disgusting.

>first few weeks
>we know we need to do this before world bosses
what they are going to do is make kazzak a single layer but keep the rest.

True, got it wrong, but looking at the patch releases.

1.12 13 October 2006
2.0.1 5 December 2006

3 months is both the end of the expansion and nobody really cared about the progress anymore and just fucked around with welfare pvp sets.

You don't like the layering?

Sure thing guys, we removed it for you. Here you go

Attached: 1558278519183.jpg (2480x2609, 2.47M)

The date they gave is "maximum one month"

>WTF WHY AM I SEEING OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER MMORPG

whoa a community
wtf blizzard get rid of this shit NOW

>a problem for one day
vs
>a problem for one month
hmm yeah gee which one should we go with here...

circle up bro

Attached: 1557956453802.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

You got it wrong again. 1.12 was released August 22, 2006

>no blizzard i have to think for myself i cant just mindlessly do quests for one entire day arrghh help me ian phase me into my own phase

they're donating $100 each whenever the streamer dies

I'm confused, can somebody explain what's happening to me?

Don't follow WoW

The final true classic patch Patch 1.12.2 was released on 13 October 2006 and nobody fucking cares.

immersion breaking right here

>auto loot
>foilage

bros...no..not like this..

Attached: 146346.png (650x773, 47K)

No one gives a shit about minor patches. We were talking about crossrealm BGs, and the patch they were introduced in was 1.12. It's that simple.

Unironically this is how me and my group of friends played back in 2006. We'd switch off playing every once in a while because only one of us had an account.

That's exactly when I stopped playing too. They can rerelease whatever they want, it will never be 2004-2007 again. DESU I'm getting tired of the nostalgia cash grabs. This generation needs to move on from the 90s and early 2000s and companies need to hire some talent that can come up with new and fresh ideas instead of constantly reanimating dead ones

real word is sharting

Then tell it the guy that asked the question, I just played the game like anyone else don't care what patch number the game like 15 years ago was. Crossrealm was at near end of game and it was shit.

just increase the spawn rate depending on the number of people nearby
there I fixed your layering problem for you

What did you guys do itt? There are new wow threads popping up left and right now.

You said a dumb thing and were corrected. Get over it.

most of them are false flagging retailfags

somebody is gonna tell you that dynamic spawn rates is not blizzlike, ignoring the fact that layering isnt either.

You're 100% right, but nothing has taken the place of WoW pre cataclysm

Attached: 1520989984104.jpg (600x793, 111K)

Okay thank you fellow world of warcraft enthusiast

Why do people get mad that others want to play a different version of WoW, vanilla and retail are so different at this point they're pretty much separate MMOs that only share the name.

user I have a quick question for BfA WoW. I have a level 105 Pally I wanna sorta commit to, should I run Ret or Holy? Ret is really fucking fun, but I also like Holy with the exception or not having an emergency heal like Holy Priest has. I just hate the dungeon timers :(

>taurens units carried fucking tree trunks in w3
>also spirit walkers were pretty much shamans
What lore?

>"We will just use layering in the beginning of classic do decrease serverload!"
>"We plan on zaving a very small beta test with only a few people in it"
>layering everwhere
What?

Attached: 1555696837362.jpg (600x495, 39K)

Incredibly based posts for this kind of shitty thread. The industry in the west HAS to finally move fucking forward. Stagnation and nostalgia cash-grabbings everywhere.

Attached: 1538936050115.png (371x532, 281K)

Just play both? Gear changes the main stat to your current spec, so do whatever you like.

>literal one button warlock is the best class in whole expansion
>its fine
ok retard

What would a 1.13 look like? Add in Quel'Thalas, which would no longer need to be instanced away like BC but just a place you can walk to like other areas in the EK? Blood Elves still not on horde, and they can actually add quests that show both the Alliance and Horde side of negotiating with the BE which lead them to side with Horde.

Glineas is a pipedream because it would mean Classic splinters from the existing WoW storyline while Ghostlands/SMC would be fine.

Anyone that stopped playing at the first half of cata (one of the best periods of the entire game), is clearly a shitter that couldn't handle dungeons where you had to use CC instead your aoe cleave button.
Very understandable if someone left during dragonsoul and the one year of nothing period though.

stress test =/= beta

The amount of misinformation in this thread is ridiculous.

>layering isn't sharding
>layering will only be in the early zones
>layering will only be there for the first month
>2500 per continent. That means ~600 people per starting zone

Stop knee jerk reactions without knowing basic info.

the reason why I shit so hard on classic because on most people's head while they were about to forget the WoW formula set for the genre, they relieve this, and now it'll be stronger. At least with BfA's failure people realized 'Oh wait WoW is not the standard for MMOs'. These people have no fucking idea how big landslide they started, when we were so fucking close to end this hellish cycle, nope we go back and get another 10 years of wowclones, no innovation, same bear ass collecting, same high fantasy setting, same characters, same fetchquests, same writing, same tab targeting, same metasite usage, same chosen one bullcrap.

Fuck man we were so close... so fucking close.

Attached: sadness.gif (500x338, 464K)

The last time many months ago I saw it mentioned that sharding is planned to be during the first weeks to take pressure off the starting zones.
Did they announce something that they do it differently?

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: layering.webm (640x360, 2.85M)

cool source bro

blizzard are established liars who hate their fanbase and only care about streamers and money theres no chance they'll waste resources on removing sharding when they've got bug fixes, balance patches and a cash shop to implement (all at the communities request they'll claim)

Layering will be in all zones not just early zones. That's how it works.

Sharding transfers players to completely different realms. Layers just split THE SAME REALM into different sections WHEN IT NEEDS TO. This means that each realm still retains its own unique community. You will still run into the same players constantly and never run into players you will never see again (like happens with sharding).

>DAE blizzard is the bad??? XD
how original

That's how it worked since D&D on paper in any rpg genre. You can try a sandbox game if that's what you really want. Runescape might even be something where you can improve non combat skills to progress your character.

>WE WANT CLASSIC
>no you don't
>YES WE DO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>here it is
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT SUCKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I fucking hate the vanilla community. Just fucking get over the nostalgia, retards.
Your life will improve tremendously once you realise that certain things will always remain in the past, and you're never going to get that same experience again.

This is BS. I played the stress test this week and in only a few hours had interacted with more people than I had in any MMO I've played in the last few years. People were super friendly and it was fun to actually talk to people while questing together.

if u order a 5 star meal u dont expect a pile of shit

>food anology

Sounds like a good solution to me, if they really want to add the phasing feature. I would prefer none at all but that's alright if they keep it in the lower areas.

How do parents let their kids do this shit? Anyone donating to asmongold or any other streamer has to be a little zoomer stealing their parents credit card. Do people really not pay attention to the spending history on their card/paypal account??? I'd beat my kids to death if I found out they stole money to give to some fucking twitch streamer of all things.

>stress test for layer technology
>HAHAHA OH NO NO THEY CHANGED LAYERS HAHAHA DoA CLASSIC KEKS BTFO LMAO

Attached: 26407624.jpg (1000x1181, 275K)

>implying vanilla didn't have a subscription fee
>implying there are class changes

So did the GMs do anything for Horde in the stress test? All the fun screens I've seen are alliance which seems really unfair. Not only did you need to be lucky enough to get an invite to it but you needed to be an RNG god to get on at the main time of testing and then had to pick the correct faction? I know it means nothing and is trivial but it's still be pretty fucking lame of them if so.

>stress test for layer technology

Attached: laughing dorks.jpg (640x480, 173K)

it's not "for alliance" dipshit
the entire point is to test a lot of people in one area. it's a TEST.

>Hopefully, you learning English
Kek, the irony is with you. Not that posses the necessary intellect to notice it.

Why would they? Asmongold plays Alliance. The WoW Beta is entirely based around Asmongold. He gets more viewers than everyone else combined, Blizzard bases their entire marketing strategy around him.
When Classic comes out expect to see him magically looting dozens of blues off of mobs while leveling, and multiple epics.

How do I get setup and play a private server that runs vanilla (or whatever classic will be, 1.12 I guess?) So I can get a feel for the game?

Attached: 81014969-middle-aged-asian-man-thinking-studio-isolated-portrait.jpg (450x300, 9K)

Hate this faggot so much.
Even when he has some form of interesting content he ends up ruining it with his autistic dramatic pauses. Sits there gaping his facehole like everything is the most jawdropping shit he's ever seen.

Are you being ironic, or actually retarded?

>he is expecting qualaty from current industry
OHNONONONONO

This whole Classic brings blizzard back to the game, when they were just about to shit themselves with all the fired staff too. Overwatch is a failed e-sport meme, Hots is dead as fuck, WoW was a festering corpse, and now Classic makes people to fell for Blizzard's memes again.
The worst part is even if the best fucking game in genre would come out it would fail since the genre is defined by the HURR ITS NOT WOW audience. These people believe that pressing ONE ability for 40+ minutes is satisfying and fun, there is no damn way to change their mind. At least there is a very little hope that the 1.13 means maybe just maybe there will be some added things, but I doubt.

imagine missing the fun because you dont want to delete a level FIVE character
FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!

If you want local then you have to find one of the available repacks for Nost core. If you want online, then either Kronos or Light's Hope, both should have guides and client links available on their websites.

b-but the e-celeb promised it would be g-good...

Attached: 57117b4f4b559.png (700x700, 295K)

Are you depressed user?

Streamers ruined current WoW and they will ruin classic to.
MMOs were amazing before everyone and their mother started streaming.
It all started with that retard "swifty" and it all went downhills afterwards since blizzard took the opinion of e-celebs way more serious than the rest of their fanbase.
And e-celebs only wanted 1 thing: make the game as casual as possible so I can read my chat while raiding.

People want it way too authentic. The whole reasoning behind wanting progressive itemization is solid, but the idea of holding on to a shitty item because it turns to gold magically because of a patch is ridiculous. You would actually need a database of when items get patched up to not be shit.
Same thing with the talents/skills balancing.
Warlock in vanilla IS one button, its shadow bolt because of the debuff limits.

I agree. They made Paladins and Druids one one-spec viable and every spec in general had their moments. Disc priests didn't get "good" until Wrath IIRC. TBC without the flying mounts, without Shatt having portals would have been the ideal way to progress WoW.

I think the LFG from TBC was good, but I don't like summoning stones.

this

Can you not read I even said

>I know it means nothing and is trivial

Just lame that only a small percentage even got on/where able to test at the time and some got GMs spawning in raid bosses while others got nothing. Just because your soigod plays the ally doesn't mean everyone does/will

Sad but true

No I actually missed it because I tried logging in for an hour to an offline server that literally every streamer was somehow playing. Then gave up because I had to go to work. I was just curious if Blizzard was actually being cool or if it was just Omar sucking streamer dick

Alliance is the de facto faction to go for all this shit.

>>here it is
>>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT SUCKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
We want Vanilla... not Vanilla+

>beta tests are indicative of the final product

Attached: laughing_americans.jpg (237x213, 12K)

>flank
>runs straight at the enemy

>Warlock in vanilla IS one button, its shadow bolt because of the debuff limits.
There is room for corruption for some of the locks. Then there's the curse you gotta put up, life tap, and shadowburn if you're on the move.

They unironically are.
Alpha is the one you're thinking of.

>>beta tests are not indicative of the final product

Attached: 1444527160486.jpg (460x276, 80K)

based ion at it again

jokes on you, most times Alpha is the final product

First off, the fired staff sucked, but it was for the very most part business related people that have no impact on the game. It sucked for the customer service people but that's it. The 20% hired developers for all games are noticable, they have much better patches right now.

Also, classic has obviously worse gameplay but is the overall better game. Anyone that played it on private servers or playing the beta right now confirms that.
Blizzard tried to make a new mmo jeff kaplan worked on and we all know that project titan became overwatch because it just didn't work out. Why can't you be happy that things turn the way people want it?

>we would enjoy the vanilla version of the game
>NO YOU DON'T PLAY BfA
>we'd rather play the early version of the game
>FINE HERE'S ""CLASSIC"" IT'S BASICALLY VANILLA BUT WE MADE IT BETTER THAT'LL BE $14.99 A MONTH PLUS TIP
>this isn't vanilla are you even listeni-
>UGH ENTITLED YOU THINK YOU DO BUT YOU DON'T

>WAAH IT'S UNFAIR
kys

In recent years this is unfortunately true.

The GMs literally broadcast a system message saying they were going to start moving people around layers and the servers might explode.

First it were the elitist raiders, then the high rated arena players, now the streamers. Who will be the next minority people hate on?
Community in an mmorpg sounds very scary.

wtf i thought layers were the whole continent?

>Who will be the next minority people hate on

Whichever shitty group Blizzard decides to cater to next and subsequently makes the game worse as a result. You know, like with the groups you just mentioned.

>people want vanilla servers for over a decade
>"you think you do but you don't"
>make vanilla servers but sabotage them with layering and streamer priority
>instead of chill helpful people its going to be filled with twitchfag zoomer retards trying to be as big of an asshole as possible to be like their god asmonfag all while spamming twitch emote shit in barrens chat
>zoomer tourists only playing the game because its a meme instead of out any love for it
Blizzard was right. I thought I did, but I didn't.

You could make the argument that itemization does not have to be updated and 100% accurate in a timeline, because during classic tons of new servers opened during the entire game and obviously used the current patch.
It was also not fun to have certain specs get like no raid gear at all for while others start looting their current BiS.

You're right what was I thinking, I should just meme about layering.

This is why you have no friends

>the way the people want it
It has been proven a lot of times how blizzard fans have double standards.
Don't forget your integrated twitch chat after a month to see OMEGALULs in barrens.

youtube.com/watch?v=II_iw5hDswg
why do people watch him again?

They didn't remove the world nigger. You realize the layered worlds hold more players than a full server from vanilla, right? And once the initial game hype dies down a bit and pop stabilizes, they remove layering. Is it the best way to solve the problem of server stability? No. Should they just buy better servers? yes. Does that mean the game will be as shit as some of you people think? no.

>Don't forget your integrated twitch chat after a month to see OMEGALULs in barrens.
There's an addon for that.

because they're spergs too, and can relate.

Retard faggot neck yourself truly, auto loot was in vanilla, but you had to hold shift. Foilage is optional as well, there's a "classic" option. Fuck you for making me reply to bait.

If they made a 1.13 they should do the following

Nerf all epic gear post BWL, Ashkandi should have the highest DPS value in the game. Dark Edge of Insanity, Corrupted Ashbringer, and MoM would have the same DPS. AQ and Naxx serve entirely as sidegrades to BWL level gear.

1.13 new area would be Hyjal. Expand Timbermaw Faction. Add in another entirely new Furbolg faction too. Add in a bunch of Furbolg rep questing shit and events in Hyjal.
Add in a new 10 man UBRS style in Hyjal. Add in another 20 man in Hyjal too. Both raids would be assisting Furbolgs in fighting against the demons infesting Hyjal.

Nerf Fury Warrior DPS
Buff Leader of the Pack and Moonkin Aura to 5%. Maybe add something else to Balance too like Moonkin form allows your Innervate cast on an ally to also effect you.
Nerf Frostbite, Make Winter's Chill a single debuff, maybe make some sort of talent to make Arcane Missles better and viable for an arcane mage.
Buff Hunter DPS Scaling
Seriously make the Paladin 31 Prot talent the TBC taunt spell.
Make Spirit Tap work at 60 in raids somehow to fix Shadow Priest mana issues. Maybe an additional 31 point talent to give you some kind of Spirit Tap in Shadowform or something.
Give Enhance another 31 point talent of some sort of Earth Shield or Totem for yourself, to make tanking in leveling/5mans viable.
Rework deep Destro, Conflag is dumb.

Rework the PVP system. Make some sort of system where you go out on raid strikes to opposing faction cities, or are designed as a guard to a city set to be attacked.

>pretends to be a disgusting neet who does nothing but play wow all day, eat junk food and drink nothing but soda so that dumbass retards would think "hes just like me"
>acts like a complete asshole so kids find him funny
>youtube algorythms shill all his shit
>blizzard loves him because he shills for them
hes very crafty

This.
Companies nowadays love catering to whoever people look up to.
Since they believe that if you make the leader happy, you make everyone happy.

In my eyes blizzard only caters to people that like to spend money on the cash shop and let them to gambling and daily quests as a main activity. Some sort of group not even casuals like, because they all left.
I suggest we hate on these people.

That pic is too fuckin sad man

Early Cataclysm was unironically the last time WoW was good

>YES I LIKE WPVP

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

>pretends to be a disgusting neet who does nothing but play wow all day, eat junk food and drink nothing but soda so that dumbass retards would think "hes just like me"
i dont think he pretends user

>It has been proven a lot of times how blizzard fans have double standards.
So far the only person being salty is you, I'm very happy with the current situation to get an adventure and so are many others. Try another game if you are really this tired of it.

>he beat up my sweet asmongold
Get fucked nigger.

>pretends
Have you seen his house?

to an extent yes but he clearly plays it up
he has a girlfriend and is a millionaire

>ZOOM ZOOM

>blizzard loves him
They hate him because he talks constantly how shit the current game is and they never invite him to anything, they maybe even blacklisted him from events.
Nobody has to like him, but making shit up is just wrong.

He was like that even in MoP before he got super popular, the guy has always been living in trash and even has rotting teeth from soda addiction.

I do hate the new personality of being super shocked at everything though for video reactions.

Redpill me on Mace Specialization, do Warriors ever use it?

Attached: 1556056198866.jpg (865x1024, 61K)

Yeah when you have unstoppable force

Virgin classic raider
>"lo-looking fo-for group...."
>best gear in the game, nobody cares.
>spends most of his time afking on the guild bank, not actually being afk but just wants to act like he's busy IRL
>has more time spent in game than time spent with his mother
>gets farmed in pvp by literally anyone due to years of following a script for every boss fight instead of depending on his reaction time

Chad pvp sensation
>didn't even know there were any expansions before legion
>never set foot in a raid
>does arenas with his QT3.14 GF
>enjoys farming virgins
>didn't even know talent points were a thing until he hit 2.8k rating in 5v5s and one of his teammates pointed it out
>only spends 30 minutes a day in game, virgins log out during this time for fear of getting farmed

fury with misplaced servo arm

he literally made mad dollars being his autistic self
where did that get us again?

Druchads >>> subhuman warrniggers

Did you start playing in WoD? Anyone serious knows you have to rank high in pvp for gear and raid also, you just cant ignore pvp or pve like modern WoW

Virgin spotted

>its an entitled WoW addict will always find something to complain about episode
>it's not a strict enough gear treadmill!
>I have too many choices to make in mmos with open progression!
>classes have too many options!
>too many people but I also want to see all of them at once and crash the server instantly and sit in lines!
>omg 1000 fetch quests yaaasss
>*buys $200 blizzcon ticket*
>this game is terrible!
>*resubs for the 15th year running*
living in the past:classic:now im a balding boomer edition

Attached: 1555036486848.jpg (190x190, 6K)

You could get by with just putting an insane amount of time into the game.
You didn't really have to get good at anything, just have a lot of free time.

>weeb completely misses any point
what a surprise

what's wrong with it?

I mean you don't really have a choice, it's in raids absolute zero dps gain and you go after what weapon you get, so you really can't choose in most situations. As said, that's a very good weapon if you want to grind it out, otherwise sword is best, then axe, then mace.

>home

Attached: classic.png (286x176, 3K)

indeed friend we are going home, hope asmon notice my 50$ donation the next time heh

He once almost said my twitch name, but then a $200 donation cut him off :(

He just went live, this is your chance to get noticed

>calling someone a weeb
>on a tibetian sand art forum
why hello zoomie

100v100 pvp with my boys asmongold and sodapoppin, like good old time
we're going home

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

Reminder that OP is making these threads non stop because he is angry at activision while everyone else was having fun

why is sharding even a thing in the first place?
the worlds feels so fucking empty now.
add to that the warmode on and off thing and its basically a ghost town unless theres an incursion or big world quest you wont come accross other people outside of the main towns.

OH SHIT BRB guys thx user

because zoomers and streamers would riot it they had to wait longer than 5 fucking seconds for something

>"dude this warlock is so tryhard"
>venruki blows everything except a mana pot
>"i would have won if i used that pot fucking ez"

How come people like these don't get hit by a bus like they deserve?

zoomers want to kill things and doing quests, not playing classic

this obvious blizzdrones are annoying but real top

All the nostalgia was gone with nostalrius, after that i dont feel nostalgia for vanilla any more, just like OSRS after the first few months when it came out.

That being said, with the nostalogia gone, the game is still going to be very fun especially considering everyones going to be playing it

>Make one mistake
>FUCKING DIE IRL YOU FAGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!
You're obsessed

true chads run around and pick up flight paths

they are puppets

>I also want to see all of them at once and crash the server instantly and sit in lines!
This but unironically. I'd honestly prefer the odd queue at peak times to server-sharting.

People that screech it's nostalgia only refuse to believe that the old game was simply better, even if the mechanics are cluncky.
I still play diablo2 because it's just a good game.

>I want to wait in line for 4 hours just to kill one boar, for muh launch experience

Literally you think you do but you don't.

OLD GUD
NEW BAD

At this point retail has possibly less subs than classic had when the game came out.

It was added at the end but only between servers in your battlegroup (which weren't that big), so you'd still see familiar faces.

>he thinks my excitement for wow classic is anything more mysterious than the desire to play a great game, which until now has not been properly available
Commit rope fucking normie. The "muh nostalgia" quality is a bonus, I'm here to play a timeless game, and make new memories with old friends.

nost and ely/lh were popular only becuase of streamers and chinks

>I'm here to play a timeless game
>i'm an autist and like to do the same things over and over again for years

>I've never replayed an old game i like

Zoom zoom

I played on these servers and don't know a single streamer, also because blizzard fucking BANNED all private server streams you mongoloid.
Good try making shit up.

>replay one in year or so
>play the same thing on dozen F R E S H servers and demand more F R E S H all the time

That dog is probably dead by now, but if it's not, someone please build that poor dog a bigger shelf that looks the same.

>the entire population of classic is /wpsg/ autists and pserver players

>the entire population of classic is pserver players
that's correct

and that's a good thing

>don't play the game for the first day and can quest normally
wow it's fucking nothing. so glad I have to deal with sharting for months now!

>asmongold beats this guy 3 times in a duel
youtube.com/watch?v=gRLK5Nke-gE

who said asmongold is bad

>13yo /pol/tards with autism and ADHD
>good

Attached: 14196241265682.jpg (503x529, 28K)

>nost and ely/lh were popular only becuase of streamers and chinks
well... who was watching the streamers and buying the gold from the farmers?

Nos and Elysium were popular because Vanilla WoW was a good game; took time to level to 60, even trash mobs needed to be killed strategically, no LFG or instant travel to dungeons meant you had to organize and be nice / make friends.

Classic WoW was better for a lot of reasons

OBSESSED

>Layers
nothing you're going to notice while playing, northshire abbey alone was packed full when i played yesterday

>e celebs
It's unfortunate yes, just avoid those realms

>Bfa client
That's just wrong, it's the 1.12 client

>Battle.net
it's been around since before WoW you idiot

>Sub Fee
???

>Class changes
Wrong

They used to be 13 when the game came out, now they are 26.

Attached: aq3jtoua3vz21.png (1148x625, 300K)

hey sockhead conjure me up some water

Attached: 1558531140092.jpg (798x578, 89K)

I like how early on in these gay threads you all cried about wojack edits all over the place and now this is all you do.

Attached: 1552965839146.jpg (845x945, 152K)

>no LFG or instant travel to dungeons meant you had to organize and be nice / make friends.
>not being a shithead is now considered hard
Now i understand why people call vanilla "hardcore".

Id like to see blizz add realms where its a bannable offense to stream, problem solved in terms of stream faggots

>Coming to Yea Forums to whine about wojak edits
Yikes, sounds like a r*ddit problem

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

fucking TRUE god damn

anytime there's anyone looking forward to ANYTHING there's always faggotry like this

this projection of negativity is constant here, it waxes and wanes like the tides, but it's always there

Attached: 1402012279071.jpg (1599x664, 195K)

>That's just wrong, it's the 1.12 client
user, I...

>people saying "im gonna like and enjoy something" are the basement incels, not me, the faggot being really butthurt about someone else enjoying something
a real successful sex haver i bet

Attached: 1557957227382.png (1840x1574, 350K)

Not what I said at all - great job ignoring all the other stuff that made the game challenging.

But yes, knowing how to organize and put together a group, effectively lead a group, maintaining agro instead of spamming AoEs and CCs / organized kills did make the game a lot harder.

hey guys remember me?

Attached: images.png (225x225, 10K)

Fucking this. Im so sick of reboots, remasters, and remakes. Movies, games, fucking soft drinks. Just stop. Its all just soulless bullshit made by boomer nostalgia cucks and their dads.

There's literally nothing challenging in vanilla for someone with >70 iq.

That's not a rebuttal, man.

bros how do tokens work? should i sell all the shit on my retail account from years ago and buy tokens?

Attached: a3.jpg (1280x1440, 1.55M)

>put together a group
>maintaining agro
>CC
>hard

Attached: 1390134215623.jpg (673x570, 73K)

Doing the lvl10 murlocs quest in elwyn forest is more challenging than any "heroic dungeon" that has been out for the past years. The difficulty curve on retail is just fucked up as it went from full retard no possible way to die to touhou dodge all 50 lasers and debuffs in the few percent of endgame.

Did you play Vanilla?

Yes.
It's way easier than Legion.

>0+25 is 30

Look at this guy with his pants on fire

every character has 5% base stun resist chance

kys noob

Name ONE mechanically hard bossfight in vanilla.

There is no base stun resist chance.

shittiest bait i've ever seen

Attached: 1555310824235.png (729x628, 503K)

Name ONE mechanically hard bossfight in WoW history.

Everything is the 1.12 version. Frankly that's better, who wants to actually play AVs that last multiple days and take up the entirety of a play session? Sure you might get nostalgic for how "epic" it was, but I like the games to be won or lost in a reasonable time frame based on your own and your faction's decisions/skill in the game.

>NO U

C'Thun and Four Horsemen

Not that guy, but you are missing the entire point that the game as a whole took more time in a logistic way than raidlogging, teleporting and studying the newest 30 minute detailed boss guide someone put together and then following boss mods where to move.

Feel free to link proof of it.

The only stuns you can resist with no stun resist talents/racial are those that are spell based and operate with spell hit, like HoJ.

Four Ponies? Tank swaps are one thing, four bosses needing eight tanks to cross swap is something else entirely.

both pussies

1 token is 1 month of sub time, they're sold by other players through a special section of the auction house. I'm planning to liquidate my retail characters and buy as many tokens as I can.

he literally asked 30 man raid group to help him get gurubashi badge, 0 horde, 30 body guards so asmon can get his item, enjoy playing on streamer server

Attached: 155855636127322.png (483x3182, 248K)

This guy gets it

>bait fails
>baits more
epic fail

Attached: 1557598180454.png (904x401, 646K)

ctun is just fucking nature resist grind

Can I buy a token if I don't have an active sub? Just wondering because token prices are gonna go up a lot the closer we get to classic.

I quit retail months ago and have been playing vanilla for a while now and pve in retail is way way harder, it's not even a debate. What makes vanilla dungeons hard is if you get noobs or 3rd worlders who have no concept of how CC or dispells work which happened a lot in real vanilla and on private servers. If you get a group of competent people it's a breeze, especially on classic since private servers had stuffed buff to make it less boring.

play lights hope

I bought tokens for gold, transfered them to my battle.net account to make them to cash and bought diablo3 plus reaper of souls and had a few weeks of good time with it, can recommend.

guy you're replying to

you can only buy 1 at a time and only can hold one at once

if you have the gold yeah but i doubt you have 150,000 gold without having played retail, i was planning on selling rare shit on the ah but you need a sub to use the ah

and they call me hater

R E N T F R E E

In no way am I saying it was 'punch holes in the wall' difficult; just that it was a lot harder than the game is now.

That's some heavy damage control. Ego too fragile?

Oh well, you'll learn when you never see resist against anything other than orc/warrior/priest, nostbabby.

That's still not true, the actual game mechanics were extremely simple. The things that made it hard were external sources like i said with just people being new, having 5fps computers, dial up, etc. Vanilla WoW was meant to be a casual MMO that's why it was so successful, being easier doesn't mean it's worse.

I don't get why this board only thinks harder = better.

Attached: 1444127825402.png (301x309, 186K)

Those center two are the same thing

>r*ddit spacing

>he doesn't know classes have 5% base stun resist chance
go donate to asmongoloid

Classic dungeons require you to pay attention, while modern dungeons are an insult to the player and can be soloed by any tank in low level if they really wanted to.

>paragraphs are reddit now

kill

your

self

retard

That's your counterargument? A made up term newfags started using?

Yeah, but when you stand as the mob hits you it registers you as not sitting but still gives you the crit because spell batching. This means you get reckoning procs

>150,000 gold

Are they that expensive now? I haven't played since Nightwell in Legion but I feel like they were around 30k, plus there was some system that dictated their price rather than the players buying/selling them.

If harder = better is so great, why does nobody care about mythic raiding? Oh right, doing the same raid THREE TIMES for no notable reward is not fun.

It still took about a year for me to get to 60 - that was with the double exp since I was casual

And harder is better for a lot of people; I'm not denying that instant gratification is what a lot of people want.

When leveling takes time even low level gear is valuable; not just temporary garbage. When you don't get a quick respawn in the same dungeon you really really really don't want to die. When you need to make friends and keep groups you really don't want to be a dick

Those things definitely made the game a lot funner for a lot of people

I come from Everquest in 1999, it's my prefered MMO type

M+ is the only difficulty that really matters I've paid more attention in 15 keys than the hundreds of DM jump runs or BRD emperor runs I've done on Nost to Northdale.

That's my entire point reread my post, I just said the game being harder doesn't mean it's a better game. Classic is more fun because there's more to do than just only high end pve.

>, I just said the game being harder doesn't mean it's a better game.
Right I get that; easier doesn't mean it's a better game either

Why was Darksouls and Cuphead so popular and fun for a lot of people and infuriating for others? Many people just like challenging games.

Vanilla was only casual until you got to endgame. They designed it to have a low barrier of entry, not to be the ultimate casual MMO. Sure, by today's standards the raids aren't that difficult mechanically, but by 2004 standards they're not mechanically simple either.

>Darksouls and Cuphead so popular
They're niche games.

can't we make those images viral so streamers get self conscious about how much uproar they make in classic community with possibility for it to blow in their face?

Attached: 1558372386936.png (1148x625, 302K)

Using the infinite scaling difficulty from diablo3 rifts in WoW dungeons is a really cheap way to create content desu. I do like m+ myself, but it dangles an unreachable carrot in your face forever.

>Vanilla was only casual until you got to endgame.
vanilla is casual till you get to AQ40/Naxx

>They're niche games.
Only because games are easy mode now

>there's more to do than just only high end pve
Like what? Le maymay wpvp and R14 grind?

>same system
wrong. have a (you), get out with your shitty bait

>tfw all the retards sperging out about layering are still going to play it anyway and no-one is going to care about it
Take your private server memes about black lotus and devilsaur leather and stick them, no one gives a fucking shit

going by wowtokentracker 1 dollar is almost 8,000 gold

>Darksouls and Cuphead so popular
a) They're not really popular.
b) They're not really hard.

Socialize, participate in server community events, getting rid of rival guild's buffs before they raid. Pretty much the cornerstone of every old MMO forgotten by retail since xrealming everything got rid of player driven events.

>reacted to the even worse version
>he still took it well
NOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Attached: 1518460143787.png (500x500, 89K)

>DESU

>Uproar
Nobody gives a shit except you faggots who never SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THEM

Attached: video games.jpg (1643x1056, 303K)

That he can laugh about it while the poster's intention here is to be salty and insulting speaks volumes.

>Socialize, participate in server community events

Attached: 517245-lions-pride-inn.jpg (2560x1440, 870K)

Their prices gone up when people obviously started to abuse it. During WoD the game a lot of exploitable gold farming methods which were later patched out. Your garrisons printed gold I was playing on EU and NA had a lot cheaper coins, while asian servers probably had the highest prices. I remember savage blood was on demand so high the moment you put it on AH it was sold, nobody even looked at its price.

Now this image is accurate

It's the justin bieber effect from like 10 years ago. People hating on him keep him relevant.

Even the ERP servers like moon guard are xrealm now

>Dark Souls
>not really popular
I knew Yea Forums was contrarian, but I come the fuck on. Dark Souls is one of the, if not THE most influential game of the decade. It revitalized the 3D action RPG genre and spawned an entire subgenre of its own.

No such thing as bad PR when you whore yourself out.

All you fags just got BTFO by asmongold

what's wrong with the one on the very right?

>It revitalized the 3D action RPG
How exactly?
>spawned an entire subgenre of its own
Like Elder Scrolls subgenre and GTA subgenre?

>XJesterThomasX

Attached: 1063139447.png (469x443, 275K)

This sums it up. Nothing more embarrassing that being obsessed with ecelebs.

Only spastics on this website say it's the second coming of Christ. It's a bugged piece of shit game.

who cares what that fag says, he can shove those clammy stream neetbux up his ass

>Trying this hard to impress people on an anonymous board

Come on now - at the very least they're some of the most challenging games in the last 10 years

>empty lion's pride inn
If there's anything i miss in retail, it's reading all the fuck up profiles on Moonguard and participating in cringe rp/erps for the sake of fun

Attached: 1558291497872.jpg (532x532, 40K)

The fag that is using the ed edd and eddy jawbreaker edit because everyone in here is insane and stuck in early 2000

Attached: 1532198071268.jpg (400x529, 47K)

He makes more money than you, doing what he loves.
He literally sits at home, eats fast food all day, complains about video games and people, and makes thousands a day
How do you feel about that, seething cuck?

Attached: 1443355777135.jpg (338x305, 78K)

It makes me feel the need to give you a (you) despite knowing damn well that was your intention the entire time

Yeah and you make literally 0 bucks cheerleading for him.

Attached: asmongold.jpg (700x426, 74K)

i hate the zoomoid followers who use twitch emotes in games more then him

a warm thanks to the many members of the merchants guild

MMOlet here, can someone explain what sharding and layering are?

God this is why I'll probably play solitary mode in Classic, literally infested by these cucks who spend 50 bucks every day on streamers

fixed

Attached: fixed.jpg (1654x1056, 315K)

If you have a server pop thats too low to fill a single layer than there will be only one layer

Subdividing the servers so they arent crashing and performing like shit constantly, even though it didnt really help BFA.

good for him, he's still a fag and so are all of his fangays

stop posting ass mongoloid

Attached: asm.png (411x541, 17K)

>standing in line is "thinking for yourself"
ok retard

Layering literally is the same as sharding mouth breathing retard

seething

>"layers"
only being in for the first few weeks they said
>e-celebs
theyre in current wow too. gonna avoid assmongoloid and others server
>subscription fee
theres always been one
>battle.net
so
>class changes
no there arent

shut up zoomer

>theres always been one
>what is private servers

LAYERING IS FINE I HATE SHARDING
bruh

why would i play a fake game?

its more real than r*tail

based

>he plays private servers probably with x12 xp

Attached: sad!.png (220x78, 3K)

What’s the difference between this having your guild help you though

layering is literally going away after the initial rush bro.

phase 1 is like 5 months retard

I'll wait for you to provide sources that it'll last the entirety of phase 1 OR that phase 1 is going to last 5 months.

Until then you're just a faggot :)

Played a Tauren Hunter in Classic, did it cause i was a young teen who that being a big ass Minotaur was awesome. Definitely rolling a Orc this time though.

So is there anything else difficult about warrior besides equipment and needing to eat and drink?

t. tourist

Not him but phase 1 will likely be months and even then I guarantee you they'll think of some excuse as to why they won't get rid of it

>Hurr we have to iron out some bugs with it
>Stability issues
>Just trust us bro it's only temporary

They lied about sharding in legion and it's being sold to classic cucks under the same lie. They said it would only be used during the launch in starting zones during blizzcon. Now it's during "phase 1" and the entire fucking world is sharded.

Screencap this. I will record myself eating my own shit if sharding is ever removed from classic.

Attached: 1558366097744.png (427x415, 215K)

>I want the classic experience
>except the part part where I pay for it

Vanilla manual talks about them being hunters. They're also said to have been nomads for generations, which would call for hunting. Finally, the fact that they're inspired by Native Americans.

You're slow compared to most classes, Charge can only be used out of combat, so a lot of fights will be "Drop get far enough away to drop combat and charge." You don't generate a large amount of rage and have no real ''free" abilities. You are 200% dependent on your weapon's dmg(slow speed is better.) You have no real combat heals, and you will rely on Bandages and food between pulls (you'll still pull 3-5 mobs before even needing to worry, its not fight eat fight eat fight eat.) You generate a LOT of threat as a DPS, so in groups get ready to wait and then auto for the first 10-15 seconds of any fight. So playing a Warrior is fine, just be aware you're gonna be as played as a rogue, and outside of tanking you will never be high prio dps pick.

except dynamic spawns were blizzlike and nu-blizzard is trying to solve a problem with new tech that was solved with this simple solution 15 years ago
twitter.com/Grummz/status/1131426701517312001?s=20

rebranding by blizzard

Getting quests done is not the point you tard. You could go find a quiet grinding spot. Better yet, people like you should just play retail