A character loses his family because he was out masturbating

>a character loses his family because he was out masturbating
>most heroic character is a gay pedophile
>anti-hero edgelord MC who is an antagonist in the next game
Is this the epitome of Japanese edgeshit?

Attached: drakengard.png (220x311, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsrFtzQra9c
youtube.com/watch?v=wlFTRLKboFo
youtube.com/watch?v=_fKS6UXZJfI&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU_-EfSPXsBalArmMMXZdG1
youtube.com/watch?v=adDbBPek0gI&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU_-EfSPXsBalArmMMXZdG1&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=Z--zHB9u3v4&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU_-EfSPXsBalArmMMXZdG1&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=fNSxF1NndOo
youtube.com/watch?v=jpiTu2-h3PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1gAA4-oR4
youtube.com/watch?v=cg84FdoBJ5M
youtube.com/watch?v=0e2kaQqxmQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=mXDZfXf3_Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=NocSlsBJHxY
youtu.be/KMs4ceG8J9k?list=PL8woW7Kc7z-YLptfM9eO31FlgRaxKNyCD
youtu.be/_mX9d7rooQ4
youtu.be/cTmil10bjaU
youtu.be/Yv2R2qhwvFM
youtu.be/7uoX5lTVLnM
youtube.com/watch?v=wLFxzK25_LE
youtube.com/watch?v=A1gVwUDz0Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=9tLVV8w8k-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bQZqPGHuBxA&list=PL8woW7Kc7z-YLptfM9eO31FlgRaxKNyCD&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=mv3wqNhetro
youtube.com/watch?v=88IujO7iY8I
youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEGlHd4W7E
youtu.be/EkmtlWhn_20?t=3h2m49s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its kino u faggot

I wish YT would make another game that's as dark and twisted as Drakengard. We've had three games of feelsy and humorous stories. I want another insane ost and apocalyptic war and despicable party members.

Not going to happen, Taro is mainstream now.

>Masturbating
Play the Japanese version.

Brainlet

I think Taro fell to the same problem as Miura in that he was in a specific phase of his life that made him create something like Drakengard and he's more or less grown out of it now.
I found Nier to be more depressing than Drakengard simply because Nier acts like there's actually hope for the future before destroying it right before your eyes.

Attached: a016956bd7e79cb0d24071b046cc03e3.jpg (626x800, 148K)

Was Drakengard a game about nihilism? I thought it was pretty much Nietzschean

Attached: 1555793511036.png (451x619, 428K)

I wouldn't go that far, all of the characters had their own twisted purposes and desires. They were well suited to a hellish world of constant battle with monsters and zombie hoards. I think Taro favors reflective story telling, where you carry out something that doesn't seem that bad, but is terrible when seen from the perspective of an outsider.

>Caim fucks the entire empire to stop them from using the seeds to make a new world while also saving his sister
>Somehow he's the bad guy
I'm getting real sick of Taro's "DUDE THE MC IS ACTUALLY THE BAD GUY" shtick. It happened in OG Nier too where you're just trying to save your daughter but OH NO! the game was hiding details this whole time! YOU'RE actually the bad guy!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck off.

Attached: 1541166292378.jpg (1000x1308, 739K)

I think he still has a creative drive. And now he's got a reputation that will let him tell a story without an oversight committee telling him no. Square Enix said they really want Nier to become a franchise after how well Automata did. ANd they know he's the only guy who can really tell this story.

Wait, who?

It's implied he does more killing than he needs to. Instead of moving on and trying to save his sister before the world ends he wastes time and raises the body count for shits and giggles. It's partially his fault they never make it in time.

Leonard was out fapping to little boys while his family burned alive.

It doesn't really represent average edgeshit at all. It's taking edgy to the extreme by straight up making all the characters terrible people. Pretty novel concept even today, I'd say.

He's never portrayed so much as a bad guy just a guy who's motivation to save the world has less to do with saving the world and more so his own desires. There are some scenes where he could be considered evil like mass slaughtering the child soldiers for fun but at the same time they are still child soldiers. He's a pretty standard anti-hero.

Yeah let's hope Taro lucks out again and Yoshida designs a character that single handedly saves him from another flop.

What happens in Japan?

no. the funniest and most interesting part of this game is the protag cant voice and the world setting is a super basic classic fantasy. everything looks very normal or even generic in appearance but

The thing with Square-Enix is that they actually intervene more if they think a project will be successful. The reason Automata was untouched by executive fuckery is because nobody thought it would go anywhere so they left it alone.

>hey your game looks cool and all but you know what would make it really cool? microtransactions
>we need a f2p multiplayer component too
>that quest looks pretty cool, cut it out and sell it separately as dlc
>we need to sell a sequel so could you just cut the plot in half
>did someone say mobile companion app
never trust square enix with sequels to successful games

Attached: Adam.jpg (1280x994, 250K)

Automata was highly unfinished what the fuck do you mean SE does not intervene? Taro said Platinum saved the game

Genuinely true. That's why SaGa remained solid, because it's niche as fuck.

what was unfinished about it?

Nah, SaGa used to sell millions, hell SaGa 1 was Square's first million seller too and despite all the cuts and low budget in the PS1 times the games still sold millions and retained their high quality, it's just that Kawazu is really, really adamant on not letting anyone mess with his stuff, probably due to how bad SaGa 3 turned out back then when he let someone else direct it.
That said, SaGa seems on track to return as one of the pillars of the company given the recent success and critical acclaim of the last games in japan so we'll see just how much the current execs board will try to fuck up the next entry.

Attached: FOUL THIEF, TASTE THE KEEN EDGE OF JUSTICE.jpg (1200x900, 208K)

In Drakengard 1 they make it clear that he's not 'the' bad guy, but that doesn't mean he's not 'a' bad guy

It's no more unfinished than any of Taro's other games.

That was MGR and Kojima

>YOU'RE actually the bad guy!!!!!!!!!!!

Showing that actions have consequences does not mean that you are being forced to play as a bad guy, you overly sensitive ninny.

It's implied he was off raping kids

Does anyone have the picture of all DoD material? Specifically I'm trying to find the one story that goes into detail about WCS and the general aftermath of what happens after Drakengard.

How can such a game with such shitty gameplay be so magical at the same time?

no in the english version they dont tell you he was out jacking off, the japanese one does. where are you getting the rape part from

Caim is an anti-hero edgelord because only someone who's a complete psycho would go through with massacring thousands of people, which is who the player who is playing a game about massacring thousands of people is supposed to be like. That's also why he is conveniently mute, because the player does not communicate with the game world either.

There once was an awkward prince who found love, politics, and even general interactions difficult.
His only comfort was practicing swordplay in the courtyard.

After a hundred days of practice, he began to feel stronger.
As this strength turned to confidence and washed away his anxieties, the prince devoted himself to mastering the sword.

After a thousand days of practice, he forget the stress of politics and intrigue.
Such things brought only lies and betrayal, but his sword never did.

After ten thousand days of practice, he realized his sword might free him from all stress if he entrusted everything to it.
Alas, he was only running away from his problems...

I want a blend of both.

Characters that I enjoy, but a dark fantasy setting gone mad.

Attached: illust-manah.jpg (725x1000, 108K)

Caim was the lesser of two evils, using the war to justify slaughtering as many of the Empire's people as he could, and the story never really hides that fact. He wasn't the villain of the story, but people weren't going to act like he was a straight-laced knight of justice either.

Attached: D2XeymTUwAAbN3i.jpg (1200x783, 228K)

The weapon descriptions in drakengard put miyazaki to shame

You should play The Witcher 1. No, not 3 or 2, but 1. It's close enough to what you're looking for.

I've been told I'm a contrarian for having this opinion, glad it's not just me.

I'd settle for a Nier sequel that acknowledges that the Watchers are still a thing.

Attached: Death need not be the end of hope.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Witcher 1 doesn't compare to what Drakengard did. Nothing does, that's the problem. Especially the sequels, which frustratingly should be the closest to it. Nothing has that combination of grating music, terrible draw distance, monotonous gameplay and a dark fantasy story that manages to make "balls to the wall" seem tame. It's like how you can listen to music for a period of time, and then you hear a song that just blows your mind because you didn't know they could do that in music. It makes you want more of this personal groundbreaker. I want more Drakengard 1 and I can't get it.

I also liked how they did character portraits in cutscenes: the general view and then the zoomed in model's face talking instead of just a picture of official art like in every jrpg.

Attached: ps2_drakengard_19.gif (500x344, 926K)

In the original japanese version Leonard is off masturbating in the woods while thinking about children, this was censored in the western release.

>I also liked how they did character portraits in cutscenes: the general view and then the zoomed in model's face talking instead of just a picture of official art like in every jrpg.
Like the sequel

Caim isn't the bad guy, but he does have a love of murder to a degree that disturbs even the rest of his group. It was more a criticism of every action hero who kills everyone and nobody bats an eye.

Attached: 1489500879865.jpg (800x425, 111K)

You forgot the guy who was masturbating is also a gay pedophile

Do we have any nerds who can speak Japanese to confirm exactly what was said in both this scene and Furiae's incest one? Everyone loves to say it's all censorship, and while I'm inclined to agree I want to know for sure. Here we have a video with all the audio in Japanese, so the truth is within our grasp.
1:36:16 is for Leonard's scene.
2:45:35 is for Furiae's scene.

Attached: 1508415513522.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Drakengard 2 just has gay artwork unlike what happens in the gif I posted.

Attached: Dg2-nowe.jpg (700x950, 91K)

Nier's more depressing than Drakengard because it explores the setting and characters more as the world slowly falls into complete disrepair. While Drakengard is basically a straight-up horror story throwing a handful of violent crazy people at the apocalypse.

Attached: song of the ancients.jpg (752x946, 156K)

That's literally the second line.

Yoko Taro literally made his characters degenarates for shock value and to stand out in the market for money. He's a soulless corporate hack, his products has no artistic value or integrity. His le random humor personlity are nothing but for branding and advertisement.

D > E > C > B > A

Yeah because these games sold so well retard

yea people who think highly of his shit are unironic non-self aware normies.

DUDE DELETE YOUR SAVE FILE BRO SO DEEP4U

Manah's story was still pretty depressing.

Attached: Pop Team Watchers.jpg (869x1099, 156K)

My point exactly, if he didn't have his sugar daddy in Square he would've been out of job 3 games ago. He's a shit director that got undeservedly lucky with Platinum.

DoD3 port FUCKING WHEN

Never. 10fps is the fate of this game.

Attached: 1508416975440.jpg (800x1068, 403K)

Attached: Dg-inuart2.jpg (700x900, 81K)

?

Attached: Inu_and_Leg.jpg (800x1068, 528K)

Square should remaster and rerelease the Yoko Taro trilogy (DoD1, DoD3 and NieR) for PC
In fact I'd be happy with just NieR 1

Thanks. Didn't even realise I didn't post the link.
youtube.com/watch?v=MsrFtzQra9c

Runs better than PS3 on emulator now actually.

>most heroic character is a gay pedophile
you forgot to mention that this is the same character listed twice lol

also it's sort of kino and not similar to most Japanese games, or really any games

that's not implied you easily upset whiner. just because Caim happens to be saving the world doesn't mean his allies aren't going to be fucking terrified by how much he enjoys killing, and how good he is at it

>OH NO! the game was hiding details this whole time! YOU'RE actually the bad guy!!!!!!!!!!!

Except, that Nier wasn't a bad guy, you fucking brainlet. And also, Zero wasn't a bad guy either.

go play league of legends faggot. you have no idea what you're talking about.

You can emulate them all rather well. I've played through Drakengard 3 on RPCS3 last year, only problems were occasional temporary audio corruption and effects diappearing for a while sometimes.
Nier runs even better.

How would all the stuff with Nowe in 2 be if he learned that Caim is his uncle?

FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE FURIAE
FU RI AE FU RI AE
FFFFFFFF

If you make a pact and lose your charisma how fuck are you?

Attached: Hanch.jpg (550x950, 109K)

Was Inuart trying to sing her name despite the pact sacrifice?

Attached: Draken_shota.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

Attached: Draken_081.webm (720x404, 2.91M)

Hodor?

Caim was a hero. Have you played Drakengard 2? Have you seen the absolute fucking retardation you have to sit through before finally getting to Caim? The man is a beautiful hero and it's a complete tragedy that he lost, even if he did kill Death itself first.

BIG GULP

really?

Who knows? only the watchers do, lalalala

Attached: POWERFULL LOLI.png (304x193, 91K)

That character is also the second point. He lived in the woods as a hermit as a way to deal with his pedophilia, but when war came nearby his parents sent his shota brothers to him for safety and the urges flare back up. Eventually he succumbs to his urges and runs off to mastubate in secrecy only to discover when he returns that the evil Empire burned down his house and killed his brothers while he was out. Then he tries to kill himself. This is our introduction to the character.

Attached: 1555904214717.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

HD remaster when?

What?
Anyway prostitute as main character is always superior.

Attached: Five.jpg (1280x538, 310K)

La la la la la. La la la la la.

Attached: Cosmo_image.png (604x652, 49K)

Attached: 1508850151296.png (1276x540, 738K)

Attached: Drakengard 3.png (1280x720, 257K)

>that moment he introduced himself
youtube.com/watch?v=wlFTRLKboFo

Based Five.

>and Furiae's incest one
Not sure which exact scene but those scenes are only slightly toned down but still very clearly state she lusts for her brother even in the English version.

I heard DoD3 runs better emulated than on hardware

Caim isn't a bad guy, his friends just disapprove of his methods. But without him everything would have been in an even worse state.

This is true. I couldn't cheat the final boss by using a timing video on youtube because the emulator runs the game too well and it doesn't sync up.

>Drakengard
>Pretty dark, lots of tragedy and twists on JRPG tropes

>Drakengard 2
>Essentially a generic JRPG with a bittersweet ending

>Drakengard 3
>Kind of like Greek mythology but with the bizarreness turned up to 11

What will the next Drakengard be like?

Cyberpunk.

S-E executives are behind the white chlorine syndrome and are using the dragon incident as a cover-up. You fight their clone army to bring justice into the world, but somewhere along the path you also kill an android Yoko Taro.

In English when Manah is reading her thoughts she talks of wanting Caim to hold her and be with her. Knowing the about the incest angle beforehand it's still possible to be read in its true context, but it's also easy for it to go over your head because there's already so much crazy stuff you don't understand and can get caught up with the rest.

This is pretty funny its like when you read the first chapter of a seinen manga and it starts with hard rape or children dying then it just puts the brakes on in all future installments and pretend that never drew the base in a bit

>I'm getting real sick of Taro's "DUDE THE MC IS ACTUALLY THE BAD GUY" shtick. It happened in OG Nier too where you're just trying to save your daughter but OH NO! the game was hiding details this whole time! YOU'RE actually the bad guy!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me? Do not insult Caim's noble profession of 'life emancipator'

Attached: 1387503802311.jpg (320x358, 72K)

So has anyone here been mad enough to get all 3 endings of Drakengard 2? I couldn't bear playing it again after the first one.

>>most heroic character is a gay pedophile

This was fucking excellent, I love that it forced people to confront their morals like that. I remember a film starring Kevin Bacon as a sympathetic pedophile, if that film can do it why not computer games.

He's never actually portrayed as the villain, just the catalyst of things going to shit. In the endings leading to Drakengard 2, the people who fear him are either the ones who have never encountered him and only know his kill count and the brat who he barely even "punished" for causing the apocalypse. In Ending E, him being on Earth is the reason NieR happens, and it's not even entirely his fault.

That makes me wonder, why are the Knights of the Seal even fighting Caim?

>but it's also easy for it to go over your head because there's already so much crazy stuff you don't understand and can get caught up with the rest.
I played the game when it first came out at 13 or so and still caught the incest angle, there's also the scene where Angelus lays it out in every way except for saying "hey your sister wants to bang." Leonard being a pedophile is also pretty clear albeit not explicitly stated, I just find it weird that people didn't get it.

It's hilarious that he's stuck as a child forever and landed in a party where one guy wants to fuck him and the other wants to eat him.

it's also totally untrue, read the thread

Because kidnapping Manah put 'em on their shitlist, IIRC.

Caim wants the seals to be unleashed so he can free Angelus

His family of little boys

But he would turn the world in danger than right?

They realized that he loves murdering the shit out of things and causing another apocalypse would both free his best friend, a dragon who hates all humans, and let him kill a shitload of things once more.

Yeah, but the world's already gone to shit and he figures that he'd rather have his friend free than a shitty world remain somewhat safe.

>Verdelet doubles up on the seal to ruin Angelus even though they remade all the other seals anyway
>Seere becomes the high priest afterwards and is complicit in all of this
Everything was so stupid.

>being this emotionally frail
kek

Normies will shit on this cast, this world and the themes of this game while simultaneously praising Game of Thrones for the same shit.

Automata kinda seems to recognize them because of the weird, ghost girls.

atleast the music (while not as interesting as 1) is still pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=_fKS6UXZJfI&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU_-EfSPXsBalArmMMXZdG1
youtube.com/watch?v=adDbBPek0gI&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU_-EfSPXsBalArmMMXZdG1&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=Z--zHB9u3v4&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU_-EfSPXsBalArmMMXZdG1&index=19

Fag

started drakengard 3 im assuming they explain eventually why zero wants to kill everyone and she isnt just that 1 dimensional?

They do explain it but everyone is very one dimensional regardless.

Attached: 1508601674354.jpg (1371x1000, 319K)

Attached: 1508646584796.jpg (888x1000, 149K)

I think his games deserve praise, and they do have neat storytelling mechanics like the save file deletion in Nier and he writes solid stories with interesting worlds and characters.
But I think that there's been a lot of latecomers who just hopped on his dick because of edgey memes.
Especially from reddit-tier fags who just want to be on the "in" of every niche.
It sucks because I see this happening not just with these games but other things too.
MGS got hit with this especially hard with Kojima-fags

Where do you start after each ending? I tried to play DoD2 about 2 years ago but didn't get far at all.

You might want to read her prequel story if you really care that much. But maybe it's better you beat the game first. You'll find out regardless.

The game sure does love to rub it in your face that the shades were actually the real humans and Nier literally ended the human race, it's almost as if they're trying to guilt trip you

You start at the start and play through the entire thing all 3 times to get all three endings. B and C add in a couple of extra, pointless cutscenes (like Eris remembering the first time she had her period) while ramping up enemy damage each time. Nothing in the story changes until the last 30 minutes where it plays with 3 combinations of a scenario and all 3 endings are retarded.

>shitposting in an endangered thread
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Unfortunately I fear that drakengard maybe dead. The story of the watchers is the story of drakengard and after the massive success of automata I doubt square will let taro work on anything but another nier. I liked nier a lot but it didn’t hook me like drakengard 3 did. The game play was better(thank you platinum) but the main characters were only okay. The only time they truly came alive when ironically once______ 2b ____dies. I just want another drakengard game, with platinum gameplay. I’m just sad that I probably won’t get it because automata made a stack of cash fatter than 2bs ass.

They don’t
Nier isn’t painted as a bad guy for things he couldn’t possibly have known

If anything, the game tells you in different ways that’s it’s tragic, because gestalts and replicants can’t comunicate

Even in the situations where they did (kainè’s village) everything goes to shit.

It’s not really anyone’s fault when nobody could have known what they were doing.
It’s a story where everyone believes they are in the right, because from their point of view they must be, and they start to doubt themselves only when it’s too late.

Goddamn. I thought Nier B, C and D had it rough.

>it's almost as if they're trying to guilt trip you
The game is trying to do that anyway. Everyone has a tragic story or terrible past. It's a sad game full of sad characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=fNSxF1NndOo

Hanch had a pretty good position with the knights if I recall, she was just miserably lonely.

Attached: Hanch's Pact.jpg (450x701, 153K)

I consider Two's DLC the last thing we got that was close to what you ask for.

Attached: Arioch.jpg (405x900, 123K)

All that list would be 'lul so random' if it was made by any western dev studio but it's made by japs so it's suddenly crap.

It's crap because you press square for 16 hours.

I'm fairly confident they would let Taro do whatever he wants to do next.

You occasionally press Circle.

Attached: Drakengard_Leonard_Faerie.png (542x799, 712K)

I'd give my left nut to pork Hanch

Of course. How silly of me to forget.

Attached: Arioch_&_Spirits.jpg (800x1068, 714K)

Modern setting where you have to decide between life as a cute schoolgirl or a twisted fucking psychopath.

Attached: 1486126682156.jpg (4000x2860, 2.95M)

Take what they learned from Scalebound and make a Drakengard RPG with an explorable world.

youtube.com/watch?v=jpiTu2-h3PQ

>Platinum/Taura is doing Astral Chain etc.
>Taro is doing nothing recently
GOD DAMN IT I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT HIS NEXT PROJECT IS AAAAAAA

PLEASE BE AT E3 FFFUCKKKK

I remember playing this as a kid. I had no idea what it was about, i just liked whacking shit and riding dragons was cool. I remember the soundtrack being weird as fuck though.

He's doing the 24-man raid series for XIV's new expansion.

Attached: FFXIV_YoRHa_Dark_Apocalypse.png (2000x1000, 3.55M)

>BUT WHAT IS A WORLD WITHOUT FURIAE?
>AHA
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Inuart's VA has got to be one of my favorites of all time. He absolutely nails the pained, maniacal laugh.

Attached: Furiaeseed.jpg (800x1180, 349K)

Attached: Furiae_.jpg (800x1068, 279K)

Attached: DD1_Furiae_CGI11.png (1703x1080, 1.78M)

Do any of you niggers know any fantasy books/novels with the same atmosphere as Drakengard?

Best ending.

Attached: 1555073115784.jpg (480x360, 8K)

:)

Attached: 1553937134849.jpg (640x480, 22K)

The answer to any question pertaining to anything to do with dark fantasy is always The Black Company.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1gAA4-oR4

Attached: Chapter 13.jpg (640x480, 34K)

What was her problem?

Caim said no after she said incest is the best put your sister to the test.

Attached: Furiae_Art.jpg (650x800, 51K)

Her heart was brocon

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>Tfw no Lady gf

What, specifically, makes this game unbearable to play for people?

I always wanted to try the series but people always say its terrible.

Lack of communication leading to tragedy is a big theme in Nier. After all, everything was designed to fail when Popola and Devola designed a keikaku to make Nier and Weiss go on adventure instead of just telling the truth while not telling Shadowlord anything, too. I mean, he wouldn't go and appear with his army at the worst possible moment, would he?

Attached: nier.jpg (800x875, 210K)

I know that feel, especially in the later books.

It's linked to grinding and people try to make it a ludo narrative about character suffering and you suffering. The gameplay itself is like a bargain bin Dynasty Warriors, which is already bargain bin. It's really dull, but the worlds that he builds are usually interesting, and dare I say it, Lynchian? Just play Nier, user. It's Drakengard but good.

>play Nier
>throw your PS2 on the floor
but why
what did the PS2 do

Casuals. That, and a lack of movement options so that the game feels really rigid while you're running around killing absurd amounts of enemies, that can fuck you up if you're not careful, on maps that are stupidly huge. The game just has a grueling pace to it, albeit one that is entirely by design. I highly recommend it if you want a game that feels nightmarish to play in how the music and gameplay perfectly compliment each other to create a maddening, hypnotic song reflective of the mindless slaughter Caim commits to. People really over state how bad it is though. The atmosphere is one of a kind and a spoiler free weapon guide will keep replaying levels to a minimum. Assists absolutely destroy any difficult enemies, and the flying sections are actually fun despite hardly being mentioned.

It's just boring and shallow gameplay.

Shit you got me interested now. Downloading the game...

Attached: 1542692004210.png (398x384, 196K)

The grind is necessary only for the last ending.
>people try to make it a ludo narrative about character suffering and you suffering
I think everyone understands that the weapon collection was made only to sell guide books (and Taro didn't even think that many people would do that, hence why it was considered a joke ending).

Attached: grenade.jpg (770x264, 165K)

real life is the epitome of edgeshit

I'd rather have degenerate characters than fucking normies. Get rekt

They forgot to include gameplay mechanics when they made it. Like they had a whole team of people creating tons of weapons and unique magical attacks but they didn't have anyone making sure there was actually a way to use any of this stuff effectively.

Insta boner

Thanks guys I'll give it a shot.

I still get these weird waves of emotions thinking about Nier. I liked drakengard 1 and 3, and automata was alright but nier kinda just resonated a lot more with me.

I can't really explain, other than the fact I'm a sucker for good artistic representations of sadness and suffering. The way the entire world and its cast were broken, trapped in regrets and melancholia all the way down to the most miserable and optional of fetch quests. Nothing was spared.
I've never been able to bring myself to replay it either after the final ending, because that thing it does just makes it so final.
I really know it's far from a perfect game and has many flaws and I really don't think it even comes close to being "one of the best games ever" but it sure as hell is my favorite game of all time.

>you will never have a dragon wife
GOD
FUCKING
DAMN
IT

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 597K)

Did he do the right thing?

Attached: sechs.png (500x442, 101K)

Gestalt's my first and favorite Taro game. The music, the novelty of the switching story perspectives, the blend of light and dark as everything slowly builds towards that final mission where you lose everyone and everything one step at a time.

It's still a grind to get through, and you don't even fully understand everything until you read some of the bonus lore material, but it's one of my favorite game experiences.

Attached: become as gods.jpg (849x1200, 391K)

I honestly wish I had an ounce of the faith you have in square.

>grows up from whiny brat to responsible young man that has learned the meaning of loss
>comes through when you need it most
Absolutely.

Leaving his kingdom without any form of central leadership was pretty rough, but he was still a genuine bro just trying to do his part for his friends and subjects in the end.

Attached: The Little Princess.png (800x1200, 641K)

Attached: nier.jpg (1079x746, 137K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cg84FdoBJ5M

It did Taro, it did.

Attached: family meal.jpg (1000x1125, 205K)

That's an impressive footwork

Attached: emil and kaine.jpg (600x600, 292K)

>The first time this happens
>Then the second time through.
Got me good

i thought he was actually out in the woods raping a kid

It's not that I have faith in Square, more like I have faith in Yosuke Saito's clout and his bromantic feelings for Taro.

Just jerking it.
I think it's more compelling that him struggling with those thoughts about boimeat in the woods was what lead to him not being around to protect them.

>you will never bathe in the blood of your enemies together with your dragon waifu

Attached: 47058875_p0.png (1200x2400, 2.73M)

Kinda wish that subsequent Drakengard games and NieR/Automata had the combat of the first one.

Attached: 1554933418848.jpg (699x722, 201K)

What why?

Square button on my PS3 and PS4 controllers were lonely while playing through Drakengard 3, NieR and NieR Automata respectively.

So who impregnated suzuki?

There is still a future.
The difference between a human and an artificial being with true sentience is meaningless.
The memory of humanity lives on.
I actually believe that IRL. Maybe in millions of years all humans will have died, but hopefully we will leave 'descendants'

Attached: 922064.jpg (1920x1080, 793K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0e2kaQqxmQ0
Real life is fucking comedy.

So if I want a feel good adventure with a guy and his dragon buddy, this isn't the game I should play?

is the dragon even good or evil?

The dragon is True Neutral who starts with nine levels in Dickhead.

>feel good adventure
Ughhh....

Attached: Nier endings.jpg (2028x708, 210K)

>Feelgood
Depends on how sadistic you are and what you consider "feel good"

>is the dragon even good or evil?
She hates humanity because we are a bunch of primitive aggressive fuckers, but she isnt cruel or evil. Will cooperate when necessary

>Will cooperate when necessary
I read that as copulate.

Attached: 1556970492604.jpg (476x492, 24K)

Attached: 1485671807310.jpg (2048x1536, 595K)

>le edgy this le edgy that
God, shut the fuck up retard.

Attached: 67b6c89979b6611e782e315435938f2d.jpg (600x425, 43K)

got stuck on fighting the wormb

Attached: 1454455190195.jpg (1920x1080, 436K)

Truth is the only thing this game has going for it is the great soundtrack. The gameplay is irredeemable shit, and the plot is the not only bad but juvenile in it's hamfisted approach to drama the only memorable thing about it is the amount of edge the author tried to pack into it. It's akin to reading stories written by a high school emo not a grown man. So yeah great music shit everything else. Too bad the sequel ditched the music style in favor of bland new age wailing and mediocre instrumentals.

b-but it's supposed to be bad! that makes it art!

No it dosen't Drakengard threads are evidence enough. No one talks about the (shit)gameplay or the themes in those games everyone is just posting about how edgy it is and how the japanese version is even better because it has more edge.

he was trying to sing, but he lost that in the pact

i'm making fun of brain dead drakengard defenders dude

>dude

Attached: 322wU4Hy.jpg (271x271, 8K)

Kino ending

Attached: 29-trolling36.jpg (640x480, 18K)

The blue wind that caresses these grasslands has a pleasing scent. I bring my cheek to his and he twitches, almost as if tickled. Then I spread my wings and let him ride me into the skies above.

the ps2 was already on the floor

Cringiest scene ever in Drakengard 3, which is saying something for a game that's basically "I'm gonna say the 'S' word... SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX", the videogame

Attached: rikeit.png (498x446, 267K)

Really too bad for him that he missed out on that eternal shota pussy. It would have been heaven.

Attached: 50664444_p0.jpg (596x750, 151K)

SinoAlice has some decent edge (Cinderella, Reality Alice, Gretel) but unfortunately its a gacha.
I wish it was popular enough to get a console version but it doesnt make granblue dollars

Seere is the most vile and disgusting character in Drakengard.

Attached: caim.png (800x1180, 1.17M)

*bussy

DoD 1 and 3 are the only Taro games I liked.

Stop posting Manah

Attached: 37251672.png (500x855, 178K)

I'm serious.
>bullied Manah
>implied that he set her up so that the mother would punish her
>pretends to be innocent
>giant ego and fuckhuge hero complex
He's literally the reason Manah got mentally fucked up and Drakengard happened.

Attached: caim and angelus chibi.png (720x720, 316K)

kino voice actor

Attached: like a mace.gif (360x360, 255K)

its excellent but also the reason the game will never get a remaster/make
its too much for the mainstream to deal with

>Makes a color palette from Soul Caliburn into an actual character

Taro you mad lad.

>She hates humanity
Which makes it extra funny when she has to tell Caim to calm the fuck down and maybe not kill so many people.

Attached: 1457189704619.jpg (600x4800, 693K)

>Cringiest scene ever in Drakengard 3
>Doesnt talk about the singing.
youtube.com/watch?v=mXDZfXf3_Lw

after his Youtube career ended up a bust, what do you think his next venture will be?

Attached: bandicam-2019-03-19-15-20-01-237.jpg (1871x1052, 372K)

yeah, its part of their dynamic.
The hateful sociopathic dragon is the sane one.

>Caim's murder boner is so powerful Angelus eventually gets into it too
>Angelus being hype and talking shit when you kill that dragon god wyrm
each nier/draken game they add more cute interactions between Caim and Angelus

Attached: 36685069_p0.jpg (800x3631, 538K)

Should I play Drakengard 1 and get over its horrendous gameplay or should I watch a let's play? I'm interested in some unique story

>kids who played this game

Attached: sbogan1kcfz01.jpg (959x482, 40K)

Walkthrough*

The gameplay isn't actually as bad as people meme about. The human gameplay is just basic warriors shit and the dragon gameplay is actually pretty good and Angelus has some weight to her that makes it feel like a big beast.

Play it to really get into it.

>game has been hyping Michael
>he was actually as retarded as Mikhail

Attached: thumbs up.jpg (450x600, 69K)

Yeah, that's what made Leonard tragic. The idea that he was isolating himself because of thoughts he didn't ask for, only to have to try and do right by his brothers when the Empire started kicking everyone out of their homes.

They're bunking at his place, he gets hot and bothered, thinks it's alright to ditch the family for a few minutes, and comes back to find them all dead. He probably would have died too if he was still there, but it doesn't ease the guilt.

Attached: Leonard's_brothers.png (545x509, 537K)

Alright.

If you really hate yourself then feel free to play it. Keep in mind that to unlock all endings you need to unlock all weapons, which means grinding for around 50 hours while listening to music like this nonstop youtube.com/watch?v=NocSlsBJHxY

Personally I found Clemp's videos worth watching even though I 100%'ed the game (although he's a bit of a faggot.) So if you ever give up halfway through, you could watch those.

Watch it if you just want to see the story.
Play it if you hate yourself or want decent flying gameplay.

I honestly think the gameplay's only really bad if you're trying to unlock every single weapon to unlock the secret boss for Ending E.

A through D is just a bit frustrating and tedious. Unlocking and beating Ending E is awful.

Attached: 821rro2z5el01.png (632x1200, 841K)

youtu.be/KMs4ceG8J9k?list=PL8woW7Kc7z-YLptfM9eO31FlgRaxKNyCD
>1:12
I checked if my emulator wasn't working correctly before I realized that it was intended.

What games have a lot of edgy gloomy stuff like Drakengard? Genre doesn't matter, I just want more like this.

Seraphic Blue and Urobuchi Gen's works are the only similar games I know.

It is contrarian. But it sure as fuck isn't wrong

Shit this game is going up in price. Better get it now before it passes me by.

Holy shit, I also tought it was a bug, man I need to listen to the ost again, some of the music is pretty bizarre.

Bloodborne
Dark douls

Literally thousands of them.

Some tracks are legit great, even as standalone.
youtu.be/_mX9d7rooQ4
youtu.be/cTmil10bjaU
youtu.be/Yv2R2qhwvFM

Attached: cavia.png (1025x360, 287K)

The Lisa games have some dark humor but the core themes are all pretty grim.

Attached: Lisa the Painful_animated storyboard.gif (960x612, 825K)

He's also complicit to making shit even worse in Drakengard 2. Seere is worse than Verdelet.

The Silent Hill series.

Attached: SH2_Prison.png (640x384, 272K)

I know Drakengard 2 is considered weak af and super generic but I wouldn't mind a sequel based around ending B cause Holy Dragon war on the gods sounds cool af

Also Eris is cute

Attached: 7c1da6ee9b20f4add5ab1c9d15e46fd5.jpg (322x653, 28K)

I don't remember any example of Seere being bad in-game beyond him being super naive.

Attached: db6ae6c183b4564c2a8491203937e317--zero-poses.jpg (450x550, 40K)

Not him, but I'd say SH is more "gloomy and depressing" rather than "gloomy and edgy".

Attached: 21 games, full price.jpg (1422x936, 273K)

I have watched chunks of the final act of this game on YouTube for context on certain things from Nier Gestalt.
Both ending D and ending E were quite good imo, but is the game itself worth playing to get to those points?

You get it in tidbits when backstories are slowly fleshed out.

>knows his mother is fucking crazy so manipulates her into venting on Manah instead of him
>sets it up so whenever he does something that sets the mother off she blames and abuses Manah instead
>pretends he's blissfully ignorant of what he's doing
>is solely responsible for the single worst Drakengard 1 ending
>in Drakengard 2 he knowingly allows the covenant with Caim and Angelus to be broken
Seere actually, honestly thought that fucking up the pact beast of the man who singlehandedly won the war against the Empire for the republic and personally slew over 2000 troops in their largest confrontation (not including the massive monsters) was an okay idea. Not only is Seere malicious, he is just flat out retarded.

Ending D song, my nigga

>Seraphic Blue

This one was unironically good for rpgmaker title.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 34K)

Furiae got a really raw deal now that I think about it

Yes. It has pretty good party interactions and the plot gets you in a very wild ride. It's very unlike Nier, though. Also, what said.

Attached: inuart.jpg (600x679, 94K)

He's the kind of a kid who wants to be seen as perfect and loved by everyone, but who's actually a little selfish shit inside who will rat out and use people.
I mean, look at youtu.be/7uoX5lTVLnM He tries to "atone" by literally killing his sister.

Attached: like a mace.png (500x375, 293K)

There's that one elf in the tie-in manga that's a huge piece of shit

That's literally cheating.

Attached: Angry about elves.jpg (275x142, 7K)

Dragon gameplay in Drakengard 1 is legitimately my favorite gameplay in the Taroverse.

Actually wait. Does anyone have a good tutorial for playing PS2 games off the hard drive?

In understand I'll need a hard drive, network adapter, ide to sata adapter and an extra memory card. Shouldn't be too expensive, I'm tired of dropping $50 to $100 for PS2 games anyway.

Honestly fuck elfs, Four was right.

Silent Hill 4 is the most "want to replay but remember that part" game in existence".

Ghosts that kill you by being near, the entire second half escort mission, water prison, etc.

Way better than the dragon gameplay in 3 somehow.

Attached: Draken_T2.webm (960x540, 2.67M)

>DUDE THE MC IS ACTUALLY THE BAD GUY
but they're not they bad guys
the games' theme literally did a 360° backflip over your head

This was the most disturbing scene in the series for me.
Drakengard cgi graphics make things extra unnerving as well.

You inherently did not understand Nier.
Stop trying to see video games, or any conflict for that matter, as GOOD GUYS VS BAD GUYS.

Not cheating if it's canon!

>33
>55
>000
Nice. Fuck elves.

Attached: papa nier.png (599x617, 159K)

I thought he lost his family because he wanted to stop boning his sister.

i really like this Zero/Decadus interaction
it's really wholesome

>sets it up so whenever he does something that sets the mother off she blames and abuses Manah instead
That wasn't in the game though, that was in the alternate canon novelization.

Plus he was like... 4 or 5...

Attached: 1539429208457.png (1076x1565, 2.38M)

You forgot
>nothing of this actually shown or mentioned in the game, yet alone in censored US version
>99% of Drakengard "fans" who love to brag over the internet about how cool this shit is to get some brownie points and make yourself look like a contrarian hipster actually never played that dogshit
>everytime somebody who actually played this garbage mentions how bad it was these drooling cunts just pull 'le so bad its good' meme

Tarofaggots are the most pathetic fanbase, even undertale fags can't compete.

The 3 things mentioned in OP are indeed shown/mentioned in game.

Attached: 52587382_632828603845177_3840770064016282074_n.jpg (480x480, 55K)

This looks (literally) like a DOA game.

Pretty much the target audience.

shut up you tojo fag

Is that supposed to be Zero?

Nah it's Nui from Kill la Kill

I'm still amazed at myself that Five is actually my second favorite Intoner out of the sisters.
I'm still debating on whether or not this ruins my childhood or not.
The strangest part is that this is actually the most stable and arguably best relationship in all of Drakengard/Nier.

I want to hug Bro One

Attached: 8032B844-ADAE-459A-840B-181C90291F6A.jpg (600x280, 21K)

Underrated

I would love for the next Taro game to do a 180 and have the ugliest, fattest bitch be the main heroine.
The fallout would be amazing.

I don't know, maybe he can make her likable.

Thanks, I feel like that was the first good post I've made here in 11 years.

Yeah, that would split people.
Just make the game like D3 where every female is a massive bitch, but the one kind one is ugly as sin

>Just make the game like D3 where every female is a massive bitch, but the one kind one is ugly as sin
Given that this is Taro we're talking about, it'll work.

Or shoot him in the face as he set into motion the events that lead to the first Drakengard.

Yeah, five is a weird beast, she was worst intoner at the begining by far, but after a bit you realize that she actually tries, and she sees the best on everyone, or at least tries, kinda amazing really, never thought i'd put a literal bimbo so high

Five easily had the worst introduction but for fucks sake, reading all the side shit made me like her way more than I ever thought I should. How did she go from my least favorite in route A, to my second favorite by the end after reading all the side materials and the final ending of the game?

Attached: Handholding with Five.png (1280x1024, 792K)

Fuck you Four.

Who are the best Intoner/Disciple pairings?

Maybe the obvious answer, but Two and Cent are the only pair I really cared about. None of the others really have any chemistry beyond the brief implication that Octa feels that he failed Three in the DLC.

Attached: two cents.png (1000x1406, 1.59M)

I don't really like them as a couple, but they're still the best intoner/disciple pairing.

Five/Dito

Attached: 38065840_big_p0.jpg (500x716, 306K)

Zero/Decadus

This man gave up his life to help her defeat the ancient dragon JUST so he could get off on the fact that she shows him no pity.
Have you ever seen such pure dedication to fetishism?

Attached: 1466671786067.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

I feel like the main game had a lot of wasted potential regarding the different sisters, because I thought they were all interesting after exploring their prequel stories and differing abilities and motivations. I wanted to see more of Four's fear of the world and how it manifested as a self-righteous facade and hidden contempt for her followers. I wanted more of Five exploring the land in search of meaning in its random indulgences and pleasures before her morals started to fade. I wanted more of One trying to bring them all under control as the would-be hero in a shitty dark fantasy world where heroes don't fare well.

But the whole main plot of the game is still just about Zero's murder frenzy.

Attached: Drag-On Dragoon - Utahime Five v01_0018.jpg (483x691, 84K)

Five with morals. Sounds like an interesting time.

WELCOME TO A WORLD WITHOUT SONG

I still don't know whether to class this as a really dumb like or a really brilliant line given what Legna's pact with Inuart cost him.

I like it. The blatant acknowledgement of what he's given up and what it used to mean.

The one thing that Inuart was better at than Caim, and the one thing that Furiae seemed fond of about him during their moments of peace together. Only for him to throw it away in order to desperately lose himself to the violence and madness that had already taken the rest of the world.

Attached: drakengard_furiae.png (542x799, 534K)

At the same time the line can be considered pretty damn dumb.

Pacy prices could really dumb or really OP. Seere gets to live forever and Verdelet lost his hair.

In the case of Caim, he didn't talk much so he didn't lose much. And got a sweet dragon waifu.

Since she can hear his thoughts and talk he really didn't even lose the ability to talk either. He's also a prince so he knows how to read and write too.

Why write a message when he can just kick people until they do what he wants?

he does kick every single party member he gets

>all characters are horrible people doing horrible things for selfish/horrible reasons
>there is no happy ending

yeah, I need more of this.

Attached: caim_murder.png (1703x1080, 1.44M)

>Since she can hear his thoughts and talk he really didn't even lose the ability to talk either.
Point taken. Though you can say he loses the physical ability to speak I guess.
Kick people in the face and then murder. That's how Caim talks.

I don't think he ever kicked Arioch. I guess she never really complained or screwed up any of Caim's plans, she just happened to eat children every once in a while. As one does.

Attached: __arioch_drag_on_dragoon_1_and_etc_drawn_by_korosuke1__5ab685a48f7d796677f040a455897f59.png (1000x1237, 1.67M)

he does, she tries to eat him first time he finds her and he hits her

>mouth is closed around Angelus
looooool
missed that little bit

Well remember: Arioch is nuttier than squirrel shit. She'd try to eat his leg if he kicked her in the face.

Ulrick was pretty cool.

Attached: tumblr_mn9offfxqn1so09dyo4_250.gif (180x135, 660K)

Caim is fucking horrifying in drakengard 2

Attached: Caim_03.png (265x379, 166K)

His villain intro is fucking awesome and terrifying.

I always thought the pact price was what you valued most. Inuart's is obvious, being a bard. Arioch's is obvious, too. Seere can never grow up, which is something all children want. And Leonard loses his sight, which means he can't indulge in his lust - which he enjoyed enough to doom his home village for. Verdelet is a huge piece of shit, so being vain enough to value his beautiful hair over anything else is both plausible and amusing to think about. Caim's is the only unusual one, but consider that he's a prince and accomplished general, and without his voice he loses the ability to command or interact with anyone in any way other than kicking them, and gaining the pact along with losing his voice is what sets him on the path to being a one man murder machine as opposed to 'only' a ruthless general. It's pure headcanon but I like it, at least.

Attached: 1489788516437.png (935x1100, 446K)

you mean fucking awesome
He was the best thing about that game

hol up... is that some 12h old DoD thread ??

Shocking, isn't it?

Exhilarating, to be precise.
T'was a good day on Yea Forums!

Attached: 1543436425498.jpg (900x500, 251K)

Nier prequel taking place in the Red Eye / White Chlorination Syndrome wars when ??

Attached: 1547168205255.jpg (596x800, 179K)

>tfw still can't beat the plant

Attached: 1538973112533.jpg (512x576, 41K)

I think Bahamut lagoon is like that
I used to hear about it every once and a while on Yea Forums years ago.
It's an SNES jrpg iirc.

>In his intro he swings his sword, cuts 5 guys in half, and then stops it in mid air through sheer muscle with such force that the blood from the 5 guys just flies off the blade into a mist, leaving the sword as clean as it was before cutting into anyone

It's some anime shit but by god that was the most hype fucking way I've ever seen a character get introduced to a game.

I don't know if they'll ever touch upon the that old lore timeline again, but if there's ever a Taro prequel I feel like that'll be the one.

Maybe focusing on OG Kaine's Grandma and her military days.

Attached: young kaine concept art.jpg (288x597, 39K)

That flower is one tough bitch.

Spoken like a true rhythmlet

there'd be a pile of potentially great characters of old and new to scoop up for the story. Including human-Weiss & his ex partner.

Not to mention some delicious plot points that have been only hinted in the series. Like what happened to Angelus' body? Same with Caim? What was the secret weapon they dubbed "Dragon"? ...etc

Attached: 1543437099817.jpg (978x761, 194K)

More like that damn last note that plays during the ending.

Not the last one but the one before it, that one is pure instict

>tfw I can't do it even with the Youtube cheat
>already tried over dozen times
>haven't touched the game for 6 months now

Attached: 1547168399660.png (1280x1024, 927K)

Glad to see I'm not the only one here who just gave up on it.

y'all know Nier and Drakengard are the same series right?

did you know that Zero loves some hot, crispy fuck?

Attached: 1543442597147.gif (500x240, 1.94M)

A game that crushes like a mace.

They're also different IPs. Mindfuck.

Accord's jolly time adventures game when ??

Attached: 1550693485170.jpg (500x268, 41K)

I love that one. It's so erratic and feels like a song describing the end of the world while it's happening.

Honestly I like this one better. youtube.com/watch?v=wLFxzK25_LE

All the Drakengard 2 ones had that thing going with pacts as well.

Attached: 1508686914979.png (412x419, 239K)

>went to sleep 7 hours ago
>wake up
>fucking drakengard thread is still alive
We are making it to bump limit.

Attached: 1555073951047.jpg (200x200, 4K)

Attached: 1489504178862.jpg (319x471, 58K)

Fuck this shit, totally had to cheese it by pressing pause and seeing the incoming combo. This was over the top difficult but the weirdest ending I’ve ever played in a game and I loved it.

There's only two things in life Caim loves: murder, and Angelus. And did I mention murder?

Attached: drunkengard.jpg (1200x1740, 2.58M)

it's a cake walk compared to D3's finale.

Attached: 1543435809040.png (347x376, 154K)

I wouldn't mind a remake of Drakengard 1, honestly. Keep the tone intact but make the gameplay less jank.

>... but make the gameplay less jank.

Attached: 1542321971065.png (1703x1080, 2.06M)

Attached: DD1_Furiae_CGI9.png (1703x1080, 1.98M)

>masturbating
Wasn't he molesting kids?

Freaky bitch. I already found Furiae weird enough thanks to her incestuous feelings towards Caim, and then I remember her as the final boss in one of the endings.

Don't forget she's got the most intense song in the game as her theme.

I'm cool with the "hero isn't necessarily a good person" thing, but why does he need to be a pedophile? It just makes me uncomfortable.

The only ones around for him to do that to would be his brothers if that were the case because he's a hermit in the woods. But he can't have been doing it to them because he's away when they're killed.

Call me a pussy all you want, but I find her one of the scarier bosses I've ever seen.

I feel like her forearms and hands just awkwardly jutting out of the wings really sells it

youtube.com/watch?v=A1gVwUDz0Ts

Its getting a western release at least

are there any other fucking games I can experience edge like this? The last fucking game that allows me to experience something remotely similar is a fucking mobile game.

Nothing to this degree.

Attached: 1510328713519.jpg (1516x1138, 646K)

The levels where you're only on Angelus and do nothing else are the best parts of Drakengard 1.

Attached: Dg-arioch1.jpg (400x900, 55K)

You can't be serious

It's not hard to see why. 3's dragon levels are just on-rails and are so short they feel like they're over before they began.

Fine, the jank can stay too.

Yes. He's a very prolific voice actor.

He was also one of the villains in Tales of Symphonia. I had to stifle a laugh when I realized who it was.

anglus' VA
>also Seere's VA
>Izzy from digimon
>Ryo-Ohki and Ryoko from tenchi
>kite from .hack
>Sheila Broflovski and Linda Stotch from south park
>and more

When are we going to get human on dragon fucking?

Attached: 1508834211214.png (291x396, 161K)

Attached: 1508668593267.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Her VA has quite some talent.

Yeah but she was the worst version of Ryoko. OVA 3 sucked in every way.

Look it up yourself.

Its more like his means and reasons are terrible, but he ultimately does good. Look at his allies, a child killing crazy lady, a pedophile, a craven, and a child.

>Rodyle from ToS

Yea Forums VAs are amazing

>Lucemon from Digimon Frontier's dub

Disney/Studiopolis is this supposed to be a subtle shot at what FUNimation did with Freeza?

Its silly to think Caim is the bad guy when the opposition was a brainwashed empire manipulated by monsters, eldritch monsters, and whatever the fuck was going on.

Caim is definitely fucked in the head however. Dude really gets off on killing empire mooks and doesn't give a fuck about killing the innocent so long as it means he is killing empire / monster related stuff and satisfying his own desires. Sure in Drakengard 1 there are relatively understandable situations, but the thing is Caim doesn't really care about that on his end

You know your protagonist isn't all right in the head when the dragon who absolutely hates mankind and wants them all to die thinks he is fucking insane with his murderboner.

And most, if not, all of Caim's issues can be blamed on Brother One.

Her mom must have been ultra fucked up if she thought hanging out with eldritch cannibal baby monsters with horrifying voices was a better alternative.

Can someone tell me how Legna is still in 2 if Inuart fucked off? I've playes through all except Automata and never got that.

pacts can be ended whenever and he taking care of Nowe who is technically Inuart's son

Listen to the lyrics of "Growing Wings" after seeing this image and SHIT BRICKS

Crimson lights the sky, the bird still asleep
Like a dream it shines, from heaven's safe keep
Childrens songs we sung, as soft as the breeze
Endless fields, our home, I long for those days

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face
I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love
See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below
I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky
Watching me, watching you

Silent black, the dawn, and time tells its tale
Darkened blood, it flows, the forest receives
Look within the dark as deep as you dare
There inside you find destruction you seek

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face
I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love
See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below
I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky
Watching me, watching you...watching me

What are Yea Forumserature like drakengard?

All the Drakengard short stories.

is there a fan translation for these games that doesn't change shit? if i'm gonna play it it might as well be uncensored.

Not that I know of, but I think the only one that has it is 1, and it's literally just like 2 lines. Just read what they are on the web. The game captures its full merit regardless

youtube.com/watch?v=9tLVV8w8k-Y

The undub is better imo.

Fucking love the Drakengard series even 2.

I think it's time for a replay.

>pacts can be ended whenever
The logic of pacts never really made sense to me. Especially in ending C.

The Five isn't a murder psycho amongst them. So she is the best.

They accidentally killed a city with magick. Most tragic story.

Well not bad of a choice I guess.
>accidentally
Cent knew what he was doing. Just didn't expect that to happen.

Attached: 40268154_p0.png (1000x1350, 763K)

Comte de Lautréamont's Maldoror.

>>kite from .hack
>>Izzy from digimon

holy fuck, i didn't know that

He made people be ok with mass murders, pedos, child eaters, futa chicks, shotas, skeleton children, hookers, and genocide. I think he could pull off a fat chick being the next protag.

If he make fat chicks a fapable, he is a genius.

While not the best games around, I'm still reminded of Taro's games years after I have played them.

>human-Weiss & his ex partner
He had a partner?

Did you see her room in the cultist temple? The watchers let Manah have stuffed animals AND bunk beds!

Attached: Manah_art_Drakengard.jpg (399x600, 38K)

best ending

>barely manage to beat one flying eldritch abomination with his dragon
>suddenly the camera pans out and we see hundreds of them being born
>Caim just smiles and the screen fades to black

metal as fuck

You aren't dead as long as you're remembered.

Speaking of Drakengard, is the DLC for 3 worth buying? It's pretty expensive and it NEVER goes on sale.

Are lyrics different in japanese?

Maybe his hair was just too good.

Attached: verdelet.jpg (510x390, 58K)

>>a character loses his family because he was out masturbating
Holy shit that is legendary as fuck. I have to play this now

It's only really vaguely implied in the English language, and just implied in the original.

Attached: weapons.jpg (800x750, 198K)

Good headcannon. Here is a (you).

In the crimson night, the bird sleeps
unleashed to the sky from the window of dreams
a lullaby wafts from its lips
Instinctively it flies to barren grasslands
My prayers always center on your face
Paint away my soul to carry my feelings away
I give birth to these wings to run away from love
The angel's price is paid, I burn atop a bizarre plate
Burn to nothingness, burn away

Time heralds in the blackened morning
Corrupted blood returns to the forest
Darkness digs everywhere thinkable
to arrive at last to the guillotine
My prayers always center on your face
Paint away my soul to carry my feelings away
I give birth to these wings to run away from love
The angel's price is paid, I burn atop a bizarre plate
Burn to nothingness, burn away

I really liked how the game handled Furiare and her situation as a seal. The first two endings sell you the idea that she's absolutely crucial and saving her should make things better. But on the ending where you do reach her on time, she still ends up killing herself. I always found that scene impacting because she knew how important she herself was as a seal, so it meant that she'd much rather doom the whole world than live in one where Caim is disgusted of her incestuous feelings.

One of the miracles of Drakengard is how ending A leaves several loose ends making you want to play more endings to see if you can reach a good ending. But the more endings you see the worse everything gets, until you end up killing a god in tokyo through rhythmic chimes. And in the end, that semi-incomplete Ending A was really your most postivie outcome.

Kind of delivers a message of how sometimes no matter how hard you try to fix things, sometimes you're just gonna end up making things even worse.

everytime I hear about this game it just sounds like babby's first shocking media

Wow, the English actually does the original justice for the most part. Usually it's shit.

best title in the series hands down
youtube.com/watch?v=bQZqPGHuBxA&list=PL8woW7Kc7z-YLptfM9eO31FlgRaxKNyCD&index=13

youtube.com/watch?v=mv3wqNhetro
youtube.com/watch?v=88IujO7iY8I
I like Five.

Not gonna lie, I'll be pretty disappointed if she doesn't at least cameo in the inevitable next Nier sequel.

Attached: D1ED6UFU8AArw-S.jpg (916x1199, 218K)

guys...
GUYS.
SEX IS PRETTY TABOO RIGHT? BUY MY GAME

Attached: drakengardplot.png (874x492, 786K)

Nah it’s closer to what rts games do

You got me. Have a nice day.

>went to bed around here
>woke up just now & had a cup of coffee
>turn PC back on, and thread's still alive
Ya'll really my niggas now.

Attached: 1536715586214.png (500x500, 248K)

>Drakengard thread lives for 19.5 hours on Yea Forums
I doubt we can keep it going for another 4.5 with only 70 posts until autosage but this is absolutely an achievement.

The fact that this thread is alive is a miracle, maybe something Drakengard/Nier related will be announced this E3.

Attached: 18322698_p0.jpg (3355x4007, 1.3M)

seeing anything last more than a few hours on modern nu-Yea Forums is amazing on its own, but seeing all the love towards something as relatively obscure as DoD warms my heart.

Attached: 1547169258837.jpg (1000x746, 125K)

Attached: 1542685567733.jpg (1926x2727, 1.21M)

I really want to like Drakengard but these games are either boring gameplay wise or borderline unplayable, especially this one and it's N64-esque framedrops.
I feel most enjoy the series for the concept and music, not much else.

this
fpbp

>inevitable next Nier sequel.
E3 announcement?

Mikhail is cute. CUTE!

Attached: DY55H_EXcAIARwU.jpg (733x866, 107K)

>and despicable party members
I don't think you'll like 2B much once you found out what she did.

>that one time they make it in time
>she fucking kills herself because of incestuous thoughts with him

this is exactly why drakengard 3 is the only videogame i would like remaked: no more DLCs, no more novellas, no more mangas, just one big good game where all the sisters are sort of protagonists and they still end up killed.

Attached: 1557399100803.jpg (640x640, 44K)

UNDUB or US dub?

Attached: 279831-xeno_vierge.jpg (550x1000, 72K)

Attached: 70747939_p4.png (1280x720, 472K)

Most fans would agree with you. Its more of an experience than anything else, with cool ideas, themes and etc. But the earlier games can be pretty hard to enjoy sometimes.

they're really shit early dynasty warrior clones when you get down to it.
but you can't help but progress through it all to see what happens next.

anyone have the chart of the intoners with humorous descriptions of each?

I don't know why people call caim a psycopath, just look at that cheeky grin.

Attached: Happy Caim.png (709x539, 314K)

Caim wasn't really a bad guy in 1 and he had a totally moral objective in the 2nd game where he was an antogonist (stop making my dragon's eternal pain worse on purpose you pricks.) It's just gamers spreading that shit. His love of killing is just a subversion of the JRPG hero.

Caim's brother-in-law was the biggest fuckup in the entire franchise.

Smiles you couldn't protecc

Attached: 1446093829998.png (500x634, 275K)

Attached: zero and one.png (1280x800, 576K)

Looks pretty innocent to me.

What's his midgame?

Attached: taro.jpg (1903x1066, 291K)

This

Final Fantasy XVI.

What about a rhythm game... with Panzer Dragoon-styled final boss?

Attached: dod3.png (1019x730, 555K)

God I wish

Not remaking the same game, over and over again
Instead making different games, maybe even with the same IP attached.
youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo

Attached: Drakengard_dragon_genocide_Simulator.jpg (3240x2175, 2.11M)

Attached: taro.jpg (700x700, 55K)

I'm pretty sure that Taro's next game will come later than people would expect, and will be all different from all expectations.

I hope his next game has a cute and slightly crude female character with white hair

I think people really underappreciate the music in DOD1. It alone creates this unmatched atmosphere of total despair and imminent apocalypse never found again in gaming.

the ff colab has already been confirmed tho.

I'd love to see an FF Type 0 remake / Type NEXT directed by Taro.

Attached: 1402959187608.png (874x1200, 1.46M)

Is there a single game series with a more convoluted story than following the plot from Drakengard all the way to Automata?

Dunno if it's convoluted exactly. It just demands paying more attention than usual, and knowing what to look for.

Attached: 1543455753936.gif (500x211, 817K)

yes

Attached: convoluted game series.png (4592x1364, 506K)

>Persona by Taro
>Maxed out Social Links give you power during battle, but they will die at the end of the game
>So it's either a brutally hard experience that you walk alone without anyone's help
>Or you make friends, go out, be loved by everyone but be forced to sacrifice them

Each of his games is very self-contained. Sure, there are references, but they aren't critical to understanding the main plot and themes, even in Automata. I mean, you wouldn't even know that Nier is connected to Drakengard unless you've read Grimoire Nier.

Attached: nier.jpg (788x1023, 191K)

>tfw FFXIV somehow manages to remain free of executive meddling through Yoshi's Yakuza ties

What's with all the weird gnostic/religious/generally creepy shit in these games? There wasn't much of it in Automata but there seems to be a shitload in Drakengard. I haven't played it, I'm just curious.

Imagine Yoko Taro doing this with a Persona 3 remake...last scene...door kun goes to sleep alone. You see the credits roll while he is there alone...with no one coming.

I don't really remember Drakengard having much religious stuff. There's Cult of the Watchers, the big church in not!Barcelona and that's it.

Attached: watcher cult sign.png (640x480, 356K)

Kingdom Hearts?

2B's actions were pretty necessary and she's not a bad person.

>already got his name attached to FFXIV, Square's most successful project that isn't a gacha, for a major collab
>announcement of his presence had absolutely everywhere light up with excitement because of how unexpected it was
>his collab is producing a whole 24-man crossover raid series, something previously only granted to mainline FF titles (III in 2.x and XII/Tactics in 4.x)
>is good friends with the head producer of FFXIV, Naoki Yoshida, who is also confirmed to be heading a singleplayer FF project
Taro is significantly closer to FFXVI than you may realize.

Attached: 1551460135779.png (242x242, 65K)

I dunno, it all sorta falls under the same type of horror to me. I've seen the giant plant thing with the rhythm game and the swarm of sky babies in Ending E, what other freaky shit is there?

>I haven't played it, I'm just curious.
You should play them before asking.
But the tl;dr version is, that DoDs are all about literal magics, dragons, gods and shit, and madness of all kinds is literally core element in not only the lore, but the gameplay as well.

Automata is extremely "tame" in comparison, which clearly upset some old-time fans. However, if you know where to look at, you still can find tons of DoD's DNA in N:A, including legit magic.

The dub is breddy gud. I don't care about Jap audio in general unless there's something special about it or the dub is atrocious, as in Chaos Wars levels of bad not turboweebs claiming Evangelion's dub is shithouse because it's not in Japanese.

>including legit magic.
Tell me about the hidden deep lore in Automata, senpai. Outside of the aliens, obviously.

Automata is literally commenting on prejudice

>Tell me about the hidden deep lore in Automata, senpai.
It's a direct sequel to NieR,
which was a direct sequel to DoD1's Ending E.
And DoD3 was prequel to DoD1.

in short, play as much of those before digging deeper. If you're too lazy for such quality vidya, go check out Mr Clemp's analysis / lore videos of the whole saga on Youtube.

Attached: 1546729861318.jpg (3499x1968, 1.12M)

I didn't really find that in Automata, it was more about Camus-like existentialism and about letting go of the past. There were also shitloads of World War 2 references, but I can't quite put what he meant by them.

You can definitely feel it when androids talk about the machines although I have to admit that "letting go of the past" is a bigger part of the hidden lore.

Attached: drakengard school.png (1234x682, 1.23M)

School you want, to get missing from day one. Because of presence of coming everyday school shooting.

Attached: YoRHa_No.9_Type_S_SS.png (1229x691, 875K)

>tfw no school nurse Hanch to molest me

>thread still around
I'm proud of this thread and you guys.

>started playing Nier Gestalt over a year ago
>never finished it because fuck having to get all the weapons to get ending D
>this thread is making me want to get back into Nier, finish it and go play Drakengard
>heard Drakengard's weapon slog is even worse

Attached: 1558412377264.png (500x700, 178K)

jinxed it

Use a savefile

Attached: 26165076_p0.jpg (612x816, 103K)

>heard Drakengard's weapon slog is even worse
Common misconception is that you have to grind all the weapons to max level. In fact you only have to find them. There's no shame in using a spoiler-free guide. You get 75% od the weapons by playing main storyline with said guide. The rest is hidden in so-called free expeditions. It takes another 3-4 hours to finish them and get the weapons. And if you like the banter between characters it's not so bad.

>8 posts until bump limit
>thread is 20 minutes from being 24 hours old
Let's just take it real slow for a moment boys.

It's definitely worse. You can find about half the weapons on your own, but you'll need a guide to find the rest. From memory there were only about 5 that were really troublesome to get though. The one where you have to touch the windows in a specific order and it doesn't pick up on your position half the time, that erratic pattern through the fortress instead of chasing Manah and the chapter 5 free expedition where you've got to kill 1000 guys (again) are the worst.

Kek

Blessed thread.

Til the next one

Getting all the weapons is Nier was nothing, that's the easiest and fastest Taro game to 100%.

>Common misconception is that you have to grind all the weapons to max level.

As I was playing through the series I saw this misconception online about every single game. Even Drakengard 3 where it's actually impossible to upgrade all your weapons before getting the final ending. Strange.

>Always thought that Automata's machines looked a lot like Emil
>theorized in my head that they started mimicking him, the "ultimate weapon"

>turns out this was actually the idea of the designer as well
it's the little things

We gonna make it!

Attached: kijima_01.png (643x494, 267K)

these crude concept arts always fascinate me

Attached: kijima_03.png (750x530, 482K)

>anglus' VA
>>Sheila Broflovski
Oh shit. She's not the South Park VA that committed suicide with a shotgun on Christmas is she?

Attached: kijima_04.png (876x702, 632K)

Bump

DIE DIE DIEEE!

Attached: inuart.jpg (640x480, 18K)

>I've seen the giant plant thing with the rhythm game and the swarm of sky babies in Ending E, what other freaky shit is there?
Drakengard 3's rhythm game was a big middle finger to fans and especially completionists. Drakengard 1's stuff in Ending D with the babies was just tapping into Taro's messed up head. Listen to the music, it's really unsettling.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEGlHd4W7E
Ending E in Tokyo was just a joke that the players didn't appreciate. Taro got death threats because of it so when Nier came out he went into hiding for a week fearing the same response to Nier's Ending D.

Probably because Automata is the only one where you have to find and max all weapons in order to get Ending Y.

That was the original voice actress for Sheila, Mary Kay Bergman, who killed herself as you said in 1999. Mona Marshall has voiced her since and is alive and well.

Attached: Drakengard book.png (500x775, 519K)

>tfw the lil' wheelie didn't make it into the game

Attached: kijima_07.png (750x530, 245K)

>LOTSA DAKKA

Attached: kijima_08.png (800x403, 197K)

>Probably because Automata is the only one where you have to find and max all weapons in order to get Ending
Come to think of it yeah that explains. Bunch of filthy Automata secondaries thinking they know shit.

I don't recall machines "blinking" in the final game either... do they?

Attached: kijima_09.png (800x333, 188K)

Flying spoider drones are still cool.

Also congrats people! We did it!
24h Drakenier thread GET!

Attached: kijima_12_Zako-M_8legs_01.png (750x530, 286K)

24 hours!!!

This is truly a miracle, I'm so happy right now.

Attached: 18323880_p0.jpg (3355x4007, 1.36M)

party hard!

Attached: 1556394157169.jpg (994x659, 598K)

>507 posts
>165 images
>179 unique IDs
>24 hours
It's hard enough keeping a thread alive for 5 hours on Yea Forums, letalone 24 and with Drakengard as the subject of all things. This is amazing and I'm glad to have been part of such a great thread. My only regret is we still don't have a weeb to translate and double check Leonard and Furiae's scenes, but that can wait for another day.

Attached: Leonard_3D.jpg (530x900, 81K)

Attached: kijima_23_EM_Zako-S_Basic_01.png (1000x809, 405K)

>Autosage has kicked in
This is it bros!
Nice knowing ya. See you on the other side!

Attached: pew.jpg (340x378, 17K)

DRAKENGARD!

It has been a honour to be part of this miracle, I hope I'll see you guys again in the next drakengard thread.

Attached: 67894207_p0.png (880x1200, 997K)

>["can you hear it now?" intensifies]

>>Caim fucks the entire empire to stop them from using the seeds to make a new world while also saving his sister
>>Somehow he's the bad guy
>I'm getting real sick of Taro's "DUDE THE MC IS ACTUALLY THE BAD GUY" shtick. It happened in OG Nier too where you're just trying to save your daughter but OH NO! the game was hiding details this whole time! YOU'RE actually the bad guy!!!!!!!!!!!
>Fuck off.

oh to be a fat lonely 14 year old again.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ZGEGlHd4W7E
What the fuck was that?

I'm coming with you all

Attached: 1558430984777.jpg (1024x512, 46K)

I played through all of Taro's games just to get to Automata thinking it would be the best but even now Drakengard 1 is still my favorite.
Blessed be to all you oldfag fans who have kept its memory alive.

Based. I'm a filthy secondary who only gave the Drakengards and OG NieR a shot THANKS to the Automata being so awesome.
It was helluva ride, marathoning through 'em all last year. I love it!

Angelus x Caim finale!

Attached: 1557173707229.jpg (500x500, 65K)

Watch the 10 mintues from this part and you'll understand.
youtu.be/EkmtlWhn_20?t=3h2m49s
3:02:49

Attached: 20141761_p0.jpg (845x1165, 957K)

At least you didn't pull the ultimate stupid and buy Drakengard 2. Although it made for a fun unboxing thread, Drakengard 2 was awful.

Attached: 6.jpg (1932x1449, 945K)