Next gen TES will definitely have much bigger towns, r-right guys?

Next gen TES will definitely have much bigger towns, r-right guys?

Attached: SkyrimSE_2019_05_24_13_25_32_915.jpg (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2Ld4a-Qfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Diamond City and Goodneighbor are about the same as any of Skyrim's town's from the last gen. It's not so much a technological issue as it is the nasty combination of their towns requiring great detail and Bethesda being fucking lazy, so we see "cities" with like a dozen buildings.

If they made towns bigger with more people then you would be complaining about the amount of trash villagers with no dialogue, and the time it takes to get to the buildings/services you need when returning to the town over and over
It's a bad idea

Show me a video of you exploring every inch of Novigrad in W3 you city size queen bitch

Morrowind hit the sweet spot: Vivec and Sadrith Mora felt like metropole cities, Balmora and Gnisis were modest towns, and Seyda Neen was a swampy village all as it should be. I am really surprised that Bethesda blew it on the town scaling with Skyrim.

how big are the cities in enderal?

Enderal has one large city, and they worked around the engine limitations by making it a dozen or so cells joined together via doors.

Novigrad was structurally great but in the end there was fuckall you could do. There wasn't an interior that hadn't been made for a quest or a vendor, and never any difference between streets and interiors considering you can't really interact with anything.
Yet with all that said, it got the job done, while Skyrim's """cities""" are just pathetic and inexcusable for what you'd expect from them. They have the budget.

But no, I'm thinking they don't give a shit and will just keep feeding people the same village-cities for years to come.

>that guy talking mad shit about how good the cloud district is
>its like right there
>its exactly the same

Attached: 1538152668685.jpg (530x665, 77K)

the Cloud District was literally not implemented into the game

no, the game engine has a fixed, very limited amount of actors that can be on scene at anytime

wait what i thought it was that courtyard up the stairs

Cloud District is not a place, it's a lifestyle.
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2Ld4a-Qfc

Nope. You want to see quickly for yourself? Go pickpocket Nazeem and get his key. Literally doesn't go to a single house. That's why he sleeps at the inn. Though, the Cloud District was suppose to be around where the temple was, yes.

fuck

Attached: 1415998053816.jpg (171x278, 15K)

Always be pessimistic about Bethesda open world games.

lol

At least TES VI will not be coming out in current gen consoles, so who knows? A lot of compromises made in Oblivion and Skyrim were due to CPU and memory limitations, and the new console gen is going to fare a lot better on those things.

Of course, that doesn’t help if Bethesda is lazy as fuck, and it’s very likely that they will be.

>he doesnt come to the cloud district very often

And they will never stop and make a new one that fits the criteria.. God we're stuck with sub par Bethesda games forever

as long as the map isn't covered in snow and ugly grey in color i'll be happy. and i also don't want any gay talking dragons randomly appearing and fucking up my exploration. if they make this shit like fagrim i'm dumping this franchise for good.

why?they've all been great

Morrowind was the worst of all because the NPCs all have generic dialogue which makes all the cities feel extremely lifeless

Why should it? TES is about exploring and dungeon diving

witcher 3 kind of embarassed them with the size of their towns and cities though. hopefully they'll be willing to try to make them bigger than a small village.

There won’t be an TES6.

We are all going to die tomorrow from the asteroid impact.

And yet you can’t enter most buildings in novigrad and most NPCs are just generic. Bethesda is going for a different style of game and more detail instead of pure scale

you mean the same amount detail and none of the scale

>It's not so much a technological issue
With bethesda, it's absolutely a technological issue. That's why their towns are "isolated", not in the same world space as the rest of the game. Same thing with their interiors.

jesus christ lol

>Literally doesn't go to a single house
>Nazeem is just a poor bastard with a severe mental condition making him believe things that don't exist

Why? Not every NPC you encounter must have an ebic quest to sending you into an evil hidden dungeon. Disinterested NPCs in fact make the world feel lived and less player-centered.

>still runs on Gamebryo 3.0

Attached: Doubt.jpg (200x303, 16K)

>tfw i've been confusing cloud district with district in imperial city and thought Nazeem was traveling to Cyrodiil often

it just works

>Nazeem holds the key to Chillfurrow Farm, as well as a key to Wintersand Manor, which seems to serve no known purpose. Entering help wintersand 0 into the console (PC) shows that there is a Wintersand Manor Key, a location called Wintersand Manor and a Wintersand Manor Faction, but no Wintersand Manor cell, implying that Wintersand Manor may be a location which was removed from the final release, but the key was overlooked.

>cardboard towns with copypasted NPCs
Reminds me of Daggerfall. You can enter like a handful of houses who are also copypasted. Even voice actors and character models are copypasted. Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

>can't have more than 10 NPCs at a time
>works

they need to scrap creation engine tbqh, it's dogshit

Heres hoping

>Skyrim came out 7 years ago

Attached: 1506006429766.jpg (528x480, 29K)

Oblivion and skyrim were severely limited by the 7th gen consoles especially the shitstation 3 which required a lot of devs to completely downgrade their games for parity e.g. I remember devs saying they wanted to have loads of npc's on screen and GPU of that time and the xbox 360 could handle it just fine but because of the ps3 they had to downgrade it so we ended up having these barren lands.

Hopefully next gen then TES6 comes out Sony won't be gimping everyone else's experience again.

Did you see their catchphrase for the upcoming PS?
>anytime, anywhere, without disconnections
It will be gimped for portability like the switch

Cloud District is Dragonsreach itself, Proventus says this himself when you ask him about the districts, Wintersand Manor was an oversight on bethesda's part though, added back through Cutting Room Floor iirc

you can tho

serious question, will this be the skyrim successor? I really really like Skyrim and modded it so much with ENBs, and loads of other mods

Next gen TES will be Google STD exclusive which will effectively remove all the memory limits Bethesda has struggled with in the past. Towns are going to be much larger and densely populated, but still maintain the level of detail and interaction with each that you expect from a TES game.

>Google STD

Attached: 135.png (344x426, 245K)