BOTW IS A RIP OFF

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is just poor mans horizon zero dawn?

Same premise but horizon has much better and more intricate combat, better graphics and better mystery factor

>inb4 nintensoy butthurt

Attached: NintendoSwitch_TLOZBreathoftheWild_artwork_illustration_01.0.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I didn't care for either but I did find it kinda funny that both games are setup by an ambiguous red mist that inhabits machinery originally created to help civilization.

It's not the best Zelda game ever, but it's still a very good, very fun, open world game. Arguably one of the better open world games since most of them are just "open worlds" full of fucking nothing at all; least BoTW has things to do in it, things to see, etc.

Plus has some very fun locations and things to do. A very fun solid game, and unless you're a 100% jagged fuck like most of Yea Forums is who is just chasing the 100% perfect game (which will never exist) you will have fun with it.

Lmao

>Now that the dust has settled
Apparently it still hasn't

Cope

Good God no.

Horizon is way worse than Both

Horizon feels exactly like a developers first attempt at open world.

>at least BotW has things to do
You can't really be using this as an argument in its favor, can you?
Every game has things to do, it's the quality of those things that counts above all else.
Are Bokoblin camps really of any notable quality?
What are some of the best Shrines?

eh, playing HZD i found myself wishing Aloy could scale shit the way Link can
Both games stand on their own merits if you ask me

More like Horizon Zero Awards

>Horizon feels exactly like a devs first attempt at open world
So does BOTW though

Horizon was fun but I skipped anything story related since it was stale as shit.

I thought Zelda was painfully boring, as most open world games are.
That said Horizon is about ten times worse.

>can we all agree
When the fuck have we ever agreed on anything other than OP being a massive faggot

seethe

>inb4 nintensoy butthurt
You can’t announce that’s its bait. Now you’re at the disadvantage. All people have to do is call you a retard. If you held onto the butthurt comment and just replied with it you would have had us, but now you’re the retard.

The limiting of Aloy's traversal across the world puts you in the way of enemy combatants, doesn't it?
I found that to be one of BotW's failings. There's no reason to ever fight anything because nothing is, unironically, blocking your path.
Even dungeons don't have enemies, and you can't even climb into or inside of them. It's quite baffling. I can't comprehend this type of design.
>inb4 Horizon shill
I never cared for it. Since its reveal I knew the combat was off and had no interest, but my brother played it so I saw a lot of it that way.

yeah if you get on a horse and let it take you down the road in hzd youll eventually run into enemies but the same can be said for botw

Attached: 1528478679875.png (700x913, 297K)

giving player choice is a good thing though, theres plenty of reason to fight, be it materials for upgrade, sidequests or getting some gear and simply having fun with all the crazy shit you can do to deal with enemies.
i understand some people can't function and have fun if they're not told what to do but for me its the opposite, i fucking hate being told what and how to do things so a game that gives you a fuckton of fun tools and gives you well designed encounters with varied setups for you to go wild is a god sent.

I like the idea of choosing to fight every random enemy, despite the weapon durability, but there's a major element that broke that spirit in me: The Blood Moon, aka Radiant gameplay/material grinding.
I tried to be a hero but the game didn't want me to do it my way, ironically.
Can I choose to disable flurry rush so every potential enemy encounter isn't interrupted with a trashy slow-mo prompt?
You're just describing what it's like to play gmod, except it's now severely limited and set to a nonsensical lore backdrop.
You're type of person I imagine would try and play Super Mario Bros. by scrolling left and then being disgruntled when the game told you to play the game how its designed, instead of compromising itself by having no design at all.

Did.you have an aneurysm in the middle of that post?

>inb4 nintensoy butthurt
You didn't make this to converse anything. Even though I agree with you, fuck you.

>literally dozens of open world games and yet OP chose hzd
this bait is gay but Yea Forums will still gobble it down to it's base like the gay nigger that they are

I'm okay with you trying to criticize BotW, but don't ever say or even imply that HZD is anything more than a catastrophe.

>it has better graffix guys!!

Yes I to want a pretty picture I can walk around in, because god knows I hate interactivity in my VIDEO GAMES.
youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ

Attached: 1467839835672.jpg (1066x714, 291K)

BotW is a "rip-off" of like a dozen different open world games.
Open world was a mistake.

And now every single open world game that comes out rips off BOTW in one way or another, don't see anyone trying to copy Horizon Zero Fun though

2 years

Cope, seething and obsessed. Kill yourself you retarded faggot.

Didn't they release within a month of eachother?
And wasn't BOTW announced earlier than HZD?
Explain your reasoning.

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

Seethe harder

Attached: 1515075410818.png (1200x800, 688K)

So*nyfags this is just getting pathetic

Aš a person who owns both PS4 and Switch and spend 100 + on both of these games I disagree. Both of of these games are very good, they excel at completely different things, Zelda has way more interesting gameplay, physics system and interactivity of the game world of is completely on the other level. HZD has way better combat/setting. These games are completely different apart from the fact that they are open world. Jeez... I always am surprised how toxic PS4 fanboys are.

>Even dungeons don't have enemies
Yes they do you fucking nut.

Not him but while they do, they all die in 1-2 hits. It's a far cry from previous games that had a ton of enemy encounters, up to and including the original Legend of Zelda whose dungeons were essentially combat gaunlets.

>Even dungeons don't have enemies,
It’s confirmed that you haven’t played it then.

The main separating factor is this:
BOTW is a truly open world game
Horizon has a shitty “mission structure” with scripted bullshit. Probably so they could shill more trannie and feminist voice actors and shit. Horizon is essentially a tech demo for Death Stranding now, it has done nothing innovative for the gaming medium. Now, I’m not gonna sit here and act like BOTW is some gift from god either, but it managed to finally realize what open world should be: OPEN FUCKING WORLD. Now if only it could get some less washed out graphics...

havent played either but you sound like a tranny

BotW's main quest is full of "scripted bullshit". The divine beasts are arguably the most scripted dungeons ever put into a Zelda game. To the point where you're not even allowed to re-enter them after beating them.